• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Hey everyone. Just a heads up, on the RTC Thread, we're going to be re-rating Krystal this Saturday. It says tomorrow, but it was just updated a few minutes ago, so the day after tomorrow. Don't forget to post! Let's get Krystal into that Top 10!
Where was it changed? I'm still seeing her in position to be rated Friday night.

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
All this talk about ideas for a new Starfox game sounds interesting.

I've thought about this before If COULD make the next game in the franchise this would be my goals:
1st Create an experience where the player feels like he really is the leader of an expert mercanary unit in toher words he is the one in command and he is the one who teakes decisions in the game, this would mean adding features such as.
-In game currency (That can be used to upgrade ships thanks to slippy, get items like power bombs, shields,etc) these would be obtained after completing missions and the player decides how he spends that money.
-Teammate commands so that the player can tell orders to AI and do stuff like covering a damaged teammate,defend certain location, go on the offensive)
-pre mission plan ? idk its sorta like @TheLegendaryFoxFire suggested what if you could choose which teamates you want to with say I don't want to take Slippy for some reason so I choose somebody else or say I want somebody to snipe enemies from the ground instead of flying on the arwing. (Now that would be a pretty cool addition)

2nd Implement every feature that the series introduced over the years (all range mode, Land battles, Alt paths, different endings online,EVERYTHING)
-All ground battles need to come back really 3rd person shooter werent that good until Gears of wars came out (with the exception of sw battlefront) but adding cover mechanic, climbing, melee attacks? yeah why not.
-Online needs more modes besides free for it needs to be more like assault multiplayer which had a lot of customiization.
- walking... yees just walking like in adventures starfox is all about action so I think it would be nice to chill a bit in between mission walking around the greatfox and talk with fox's friends.

Well thouse are my ideas I enjoyed reading of yours guys I appreciate feedback =)
I think almost everything you've said here is spot on (or at least a lot of what I'd like to see as well). As weird of a comparison as it is, I think the Gears of War gameplay would actually suit Star Fox as ground missions go. Being able to hide behind cover, sprint faster and whatnot. I think it'd be a good opportunity to make the story mode co-op as well and including the option of being able to heal your team mate when they're down. Perhaps taking out the HUGE amount of gore seen in Gears of War would be necessary though, aha.

If there's one thing I don't think I'd actually want to see though, that'd be multiple endings. At least not to the extent that Command did it. It would work a lot better if there was just a "bad" ending, a "neutral" ending and of course the "good" (aka, canon) ending. Also if the game were to give you choices throughout the story, I wouldn't want it to be something that completely changes the story like in Command, but rather just affect the current situation. Perhaps just a slight change in the cutscene and a consequence that might make, say an upcoming fight either more difficult OR easier depending on the choice. I'd say have the biggest make or break choice towards the end of the game, which would obviously decide on which of the three endings you'd get. I'd rather the direction of the story be kept as straight as possible. Don't want it turning into some Matrix kinda deal.

Skepticism now and then can be healthy. Being positive is good, being blind is not. I acknowledge your concerns and think they're valid. The wait should be exciting as the guest costumes continue to be revealed. I think Fox, Falco, Slippy and Peppy are locks for an appearance. The remaining two could be anything. Krystal, Wolf, Andross (as a shocker) or something from an unrelated franchise as you say.
There's also the possibility that one of them belongs to R.O.B. Either they'll decide to go with the Zero Star Fox team and add Wolf on the end, or, what I'd very much prefer, have it be R.O.B and Krystal, completing the Assault (or what I still like to consider the current "canon") Star Fox team.

Last edited:

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Simply not having Dixie in there is some bull****. Considering she's one of the few prominent Nintendo heroines that starred in her own game (DKC3, and Diddy's tag teammate in the highly praised DKC2). I get the fact that K. Rool is not there but still.

They ARE open to adding more sprites depending on which new amiibos come out.

I know it's only for the 8-bit mode that you can use these in, but just -imagine- having avatars for each character in all modes.

*drool*

Edit: Anyways, ya'll are talkin' about a Star Fox game that lasts longer than 2 hours so I'm on board. You'd think a group of mercenaries would be able to take side jobs for cash, being able to unlock upgrades for the Arwings, Great Fox, and other vehicles as well as ground combat weaponry and gear. Make the campaign mode co-op online and have competitive multiplayer on the side and you got the GOAT Starfox game.

Sadly that will never happen. I'm very worried Star Fox Zero is the last we'll see of Fox McCloud and co. unless it sells gangbusters in terms of Wii U software sales.
You forget that Dixie did made an appearance in the latest entry in the DK series which was Tropical Freeze. Yes it is unfortunate that I don't see her there in that list there for SMM. But I also see some other characters there that don't even have their own Amiibos and are in there which Ashley(Warioware) is in it and I even see Slippy in there as well(unless if they do one for the Starfox crew with their own lineup because of Zero.

Anyway, as for Zero being the last one in the series if sales are not good(for example which I seriously doubt), I doubt that is going to be the case. I have a feeling that Starfox Zero will do fine in sales. I mean come on, it's Starfox and fans have been wanting a new game in the series for a while now. Nintendo is not the type of company who would just kill off a popular franchise that has a fanbase like that. I have not seen a single franchise from them that has a fanbase regardless what it is that they kill it off like that. Not having a new one for several years, yes. But killing off that franchise, not at all. I'm sure that even after Zero, we'll see a new entry in the Starfox series down the road in another console after the Wii U.

But one thing that Nintendo needs to do which is really important is to market and advertise Starfox Zero when the game is nearing its release which is obvious that they have no choice to do since it is not only one of Nintendo's first party IPs like Mario and Zelda, but one of their popular franchises and a anticipated game for the holiday season. After all, it appears that Nintendo is making a big deal out of Zero and it did however stole the show during Nintendo's E3 this year. But yeah, I think Zero will do fine after all in sales wise. I don't think that we really need to worry about it.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I think almost everything you've said here is spot on (or at least a lot of what I'd like to see as well). As weird of a comparison as it is, I think the Gears of War gameplay would actually suit Star Fox as ground missions go. Being able to hide behind cover, sprint faster and whatnot. I think it'd be a good opportunity to make the story mode co-op as well and including the option of being able to heal your team mate when they're down. Perhaps taking out the HUGE amount of gore seen in Gears of War would be necessary though, aha.

If there's one thing I don't think I'd actually want to see though, that'd be multiple endings. At least not to the extent that Command did it. It would work a lot better if there was just a "bad" ending, a "neutral" ending and of course the "good" (aka, canon) ending. Also if the game were to give you choices throughout the story, I wouldn't want it to be something that completely changes the story like in Command, but rather just affect the current situation. Perhaps just a slight change in the cutscene and a consequence that might make, say an upcoming fight either more difficult OR easier depending on the choice. I'd say have the biggest make or break choice towards the end of the game, which would obviously decide on which of the three endings you'd get. I'd rather the direction of the story be kept as straight as possible. Don't want it turning into some Matrix kinda deal.

There's also the possibility that one of them belongs to R.O.B. Either they'll decide to go with the Zero Star Fox team and add Wolf on the end, or, what I'd very much prefer, have it be R.O.B and Krystal, completing the Assault (or what I still like to consider the current "canon") Star Fox team.
Oh yeah. R.O.B is kinda major. Forgot about him. That would be perf, however, they're using those chiptune voices from the SNES game, which sows a seed of doubt and makes me think they might keep the team original Star Fox. How cool would it be if they added Krystal anyway and developed a voice like that for her? All these possibilities. :smirk:

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
You forget that Dixie did made an appearance in the latest entry in the DK series which was Tropical Freeze. Yes it is unfortunate that I don't see her there in that list there for SMM. But I also see some other characters there that don't even have their own Amiibos and are in there which Ashley(Warioware) is in it and I even see Slippy in there as well(unless if they do one for the Starfox crew with their own lineup because of Zero.

Anyway, as for Zero being the last one in the series if sales are not good(for example which I seriously doubt), I doubt that is going to be the case. I have a feeling that Starfox Zero will do fine in sales. I mean come on, it's Starfox and fans have been wanting a new game in the series for a while now. Nintendo is not the type of company who would just kill off a popular franchise that has a fanbase like that. I have not seen a single franchise from them that has a fanbase regardless what it is that they kill it off like that. Not having a new one for several years, yes. But killing off that franchise, not at all. I'm sure that even after Zero, we'll see a new entry in the Starfox series down the road in another console after the Wii U.

But one thing that Nintendo needs to do which is really important is to market and advertise Starfox Zero when the game is nearing its release which is obvious that they have no choice to do since it is not only one of Nintendo's first party IPs like Mario and Zelda, but one of their popular franchises and a anticipated game for the holiday season. After all, it appears that Nintendo is making a big deal out of Zero and it did however stole the show during Nintendo's E3 this year. But yeah, I think Zero will do fine after all in sales wise. I don't think that we really need to worry about it.

I'm not sure Zero is exactly going to sell fantastically, but that wouldn't be down to the game itself but more the Wii U's current position. As you've said however, if Nintendo don't make the same mistake they have recently regarding advertising the game, then it should at the least sell "well enough". Either way, I don't think bad sales would ultimately mean the end of Star Fox but more Nintendo just trying to change up their strategy for the future. I can't recall any recurring Nintendo franchise that's been scrapped due to bad sales as far as I'm aware. Pretty sure Metroid Other M did pretty bad and the new 3DS Metroid spin off ain't getting well received either, but that's not stopping Nintendo. Really all that needs to done with Zero to sell good enough is to exceed expectations, get good reviews and be given appropriate advertising.

Oh yeah. R.O.B is kinda major. Forgot about him. That would be perf, however, they're using those chiptune voices from the SNES game, which sows a seed of doubt and makes me think they might keep the team original Star Fox. How cool would it be if they added Krystal anyway and developed a voice like that for her? All these possibilities. :smirk:
That would be cool, I'm sure she'd have a lovely chiptune voice, but I'd mainly be happy to see Nintendo acknowledging Krystals existence still, even if it's in the form of something as small as a pixelated sticker, aha.

Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Here;s something to talk about, look at the bottom of the lis of known costumes in Mario Maker

Notice there's room for up to 6 Star Fox slots, same as the playable cast in Assault (Including our favorite fur-bait vixen)
I know the 16bit Sonic games are more popular but why didnt they just use the Master System version?

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Well you know how nationalistic Japan can be, again I hope im wrong, at least I have this thread where i'm not flamed everytime i say "i voted for krystal".

Maybe I shouldn't have said anything and kept the positive going, but when you've been burned before its kinda hard.
Yeah, even if it is a postive contribution, EAD ignores it, which really is childish, I wouldn't have minded if the game only played like SF64, but not if the game was a rehash of SF64 with a few new gimmicky features, I really feel like Zero was EAD taking the easy way out, and just porting over resources from SF643D

Last edited:

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, even if it is a postive contribution, EAD ignores it, which really is childish, I wouldn't have minded if the game only played like SF64, but not if the game was a rehash of SF64 with a few new gimmicky features, I really feel like Zero was EAD taking the easy way out, and just porting over resources from SF643D
Well that's stuff that Nintendo does nowadays (another example is getting rid of voice chat in Splatoon rather than adding a mute option; another being that over half of the Wii U's library is Virtual Console ports).

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Well that's stuff that Nintendo does nowadays (another example is getting rid of voice chat in Splatoon rather than adding a mute option; another being that over half of the Wii U's library is Virtual Console ports).
Nintendo really has been getting lazier and lazier, when they used to mostly create imaginative titles and not rehashes, Nintendo is turning into Activision

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo really has been getting lazier and lazier, when they used to mostly create imaginative titles and not rehashes, Nintendo is turning into Activision
Probably being naive in saying this, but I'm hoping after the reception from E3 and other similar situations, they'll try to correct their issues and up their game a bit. Nintendo have had a lot of low points, but there has been instances when they've corrected their mistakes successfully. Im not denying that since mid way through the Wii's cycle, they have gotten seriously lazy however, imo.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Probably being naive in saying this, but I'm hoping after the reception from E3 and other similar situations, they'll try to correct their issues and up their game a bit. Nintendo have had a lot of low points, but there has been instances when they've corrected their mistakes successfully. Im not denying that since mid way through the Wii's cycle, they have gotten seriously lazy however, imo.
I know, and I hope so too, but Nintendo is well known for being stubborn, always thinking that they can do no wrong no matter what, and refusing to change. You know what would be a perfect compromise, divide the Star Fox series in two parallel canons/timelines as two separate sub series, you'd have the Zero series which has the traditional Star Fox gameplay and cast, and another series which is more oriented towards the people who liked Assault and has popular post 64 characters like Krystal as major characters, and has the on foot sections mixed with the Arwing and Landmaster combat

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm gonna go until the Zero slagging stops. I may be gone a while.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I still don't understand the hate towards Star Fox Zero. Granted, I'm upset at it being yet another Star Fox 64 remake/re-imagining, but I'm still going to get the game. At least be happy that we're getting another Star Fox game, rather than just having the series die out. Star Fox Zero can hopefully show Nintendo how much people still love Star Fox, but also just how much we want something different. Bashing the game here in Krystal's thread really isn't going to help anything. So, mind if I try and change the topic?

So, here is a copy/paste of something I did in the Wolf thread. A bunch of questions that I want everyone's opinion on. I know some of you here are also a part of the Wolf thread, so if you've done this before, feel free to ignore it. Otherwise, here:
  1. What do you all think Krystal's pose will be like in her official artwork? How to you want her posed?
  2. You think they'll port over Krystal's model and textures from Assault and upgrade them, or do you think we'll get a redesign?
  3. How do you think Smashified will make her? Like Isaac and rebuild Krystal's Assault model, or paint her from scratch?
  4. What do you think Smashified will do for her outfit? Assault, Command, Adventures, or a mix of them?
  5. Where do you think Krystal will end up being on the tier lists?
  6. I've seen this on another thread, but who on the roster would you be willing to sacrifice to get Krystal?
  7. Number one hope for Krystal in SSB4? Gameplay wise, ascetically, etc?
  8. Would you main Krystal or make her a secondary, tertiary, quaternary, etc?
  9. Do you like Krystal as a character in gaming, or just like her as, well, the stereotype all Star Fox fans get?
  10. Fighters in SSB4 that you have trouble fighting against in general?
  11. Do any of you have a local Smash scene that you go to/would like to go to?
  12. Anyone here have a YouTube, Twitch, or Twitter? Might as well support each other like we do Krystal.
  13. What do you all do out in the real world? Jobs, school, military, underground mafia, etc?
  14. Favorite color?
My answers to the questions.
  1. I can see them recycling poses from Adventures promos, but I like the idea of her standing idle with the staff held behind.
  2. I think they'll make her from scratch
  3. I can see them making her like Isaac, but I would prefer them making her from scratch. Mostly because I want a new outfit.
  4. I honestly don't know, they can go either way. They don't like to take too many creative freedoms, but it'd match the others.
  5. I don't care for tier lists, but I can see her being maybe C Tier with how I picture her.
  6. :4ryu::4darkpit::4drmario::4lucina::4feroy: - And in that order.
  7. I want her with the staff, no Assault-styles moveset with grenades, blasters, etc.
  8. She'd make my Top 3 for sure. Top 4 is she came out with Wolf. It depends on how well she performs.
  9. I like her as a character, none of that stereotype stuff. I was a lot younger when I first saw her, so she grew on me.
  10. :4shulk::4sonic::4luigi::4olimar::4tlink: - And in that order. **** the Monado-Demon.
  11. I do, but it takes place in a Vapor Shop/Hooka-Bar, so I refuse to attend. We may be getting a new scene nearby though.
  12. All my links are in my signature :D
  13. School? Forced to graduate high-school early because I was framed for assault. Work? YouTube and Military.
  14. Black.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I still don't understand the hate towards Star Fox Zero. Granted, I'm upset at it being yet another Star Fox 64 remake/re-imagining, but I'm still going to get the game. At least be happy that we're getting another Star Fox game, rather than just having the series die out. Star Fox Zero can hopefully show Nintendo how much people still love Star Fox, but also just how much we want something different. Bashing the game here in Krystal's thread really isn't going to help anything. So, mind if I try and change the topic?

So, here is a copy/paste of something I did in the Wolf thread. A bunch of questions that I want everyone's opinion on. I know some of you here are also a part of the Wolf thread, so if you've done this before, feel free to ignore it. Otherwise, here:
  1. What do you all think Krystal's pose will be like in her official artwork? How to you want her posed?
  2. You think they'll port over Krystal's model and textures from Assault and upgrade them, or do you think we'll get a redesign?
  3. How do you think Smashified will make her? Like Isaac and rebuild Krystal's Assault model, or paint her from scratch?
  4. What do you think Smashified will do for her outfit? Assault, Command, Adventures, or a mix of them?
  6. I've seen this on another thread, but who on the roster would you be willing to sacrifice to get Krystal?
  9. Do you like Krystal as a character in gaming, or just like her as, well, the stereotype all Star Fox fans get?
  12. Anyone here have a YouTube, Twitch, or Twitter? Might as well support each other like we do Krystal.
  13. What do you all do out in the real world? Jobs, school, military, underground mafia, etc?
  14. Favorite color?
  1. I can see them recycling poses from Adventures promos, but I like the idea of her standing idle with the staff held behind.
  3. I can see them making her like Isaac, but I would prefer them making her from scratch. Mostly because I want a new outfit.
  4. I honestly don't know, they can go either way. They don't like to take too many creative freedoms, but it'd match the others.
  5. I don't care for tier lists, but I can see her being maybe C Tier with how I picture her.
  7. I want her with the staff, no Assault-styles moveset with grenades, blasters, etc.
  8. She'd make my Top 3 for sure. Top 4 is she came out with Wolf. It depends on how well she performs.
  9. I like her as a character, none of that stereotype stuff. I was a lot younger when I first saw her, so she grew on me.
  10. :4shulk::4sonic::4luigi::4olimar::4tlink: - And in that order. **** the Monado-Demon.
  11. I do, but it takes place in a Vapor Shop/Hooka-Bar, so I refuse to attend. We may be getting a new scene nearby though.
  13. School? Forced to graduate high-school early because I was framed for assault. Work? YouTube and Military.
  14. Black.
1. Not sure
2. Maybe
3. Probably just like Issac
4. Assault with some elements from Adventures
5. Again not sure, it depends on how Sakurai designs her
6. :4darkpit:,:4drmario:, :4lucina:, :4rob:, :4duckhunt:, and :4wiifit:
7.I want her to have the staff and a few weapons from Assault
8.Defintely main her
9. Like her as a character
10.:4zss: (way too good in the air), :4samus: (OP), :4metaknight:, (Still too OP), :4sonic: (too fast)
11. I do as well, but it's a Geek club
12. I have a Youtube (Razorbladedalejrbucsfan88) and a Twitter (@TheIanSiegel)
13. Doing dual enrollment at a high school (Senior ) and at a tech school
14. Red

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

14. Favorite color?
  14. Black.
1. Something that shows off her staff. And not in a running pose lol.
2. I think she'll have her Assault or Adventures design but it won't be ported over.
3. Paint her from scratch.
4. Probably Assault or Adventures.
5. Don't know, don't really care.
6. :4darkpit: (Did anyone really ask for him?)
7. She won't be a clone. Staff based moveset with maybe some grenade use.
8. Nope. I like playing the Star Fox characters though.
9. Eh, just think she deserves to be in Smash really.
10. When playing Ganondorf, I hate fighting Links. **** :4link: projectile spammers.
11. Nope.
12. Nope.
13. Going to high school and of course, I'm a part of a Korean streetgang :troll:
14. Blue.

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
I've seen this on another thread, but who on the roster would you be willing to sacrifice to get Krystal?
[/spoiler]
I'd sacrifice Blonic Pit, Ginger Marth, Dorkter Mayro, and Falcondorf. I wouldn't have minded seeing Falco, Ryu, and/or Sonic sacrificed.

Also, I'd hope for a mainly staff-based moveset.

Last edited:

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman

14. Favorite color?
  14. Black.
1. I'd like to see her stood confidently, maybe with a bit of sass. Maybe smirking with one hand on her hip or something.
2. I'd expect them to import her Assault model, but I would prefer a redesign. Not too different, mind. Still want it to look like Krystal, aha.
3. Beats me. Which ever saves more time preferably.
4. Again, beats me. I'd like to see a new costume, but if not then Assault.
5. No idea. I'm a n00b with the "MLG" side of Smash. The best tier, aha.
6. Dr Mario, because clone.
7. Just to stay faithful to her character in every aspect.
8. I'd main her along with Toon Link and Lucina.
9. Honestly? Both. NO REGRETS.
10. All of them. I suck at the game. Still love it though.
11. Nope.avi
12. I keep my Facebook personal, but my Twitter is thief_of_demons1... I think. Maybe without the underscores. I'll have to check /derp I also have a Skype, but that wasn't part of the question .
13. University Student by day Batman by night
14. Good ole blueeee.

Last edited:

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
1 I don't know
2 They will probably take the assault look and modify it like they did with samus.
3 Idk
4 My bet goes for the assault outfit but a 64/command mix could be possible.
5 Can't say depends how she actually turns out to be.
6 Bowser Jr and the koopalings. (The only characters I truly dislike)
7 I want her to fight mainly with her staff and be able to use the staff powers too some psychic abilities would be nice too.
8 Main her probably I aim to be the VERY BEST Krystal player in existence! (assuming she turns in the character I said wanted)
9 She's my favorite character of the team, why cuz she is so nice... and well childhood crush.
10 Pro Sheik players are the bain of my existence. Diddy used to cause me trouble.
11 No
12 I have a youtube account I just use to watch videos and make playlists.
13 I'm studyng an engineering career and a Musical one.
14 Blue another reason why I like her.

Draxis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xShadowSladexx
Ok this will be fun:
1. I'm not sure about the poses but I guess either her adventure or assault pose would be ok.
2. Probably but I think they will redesign her.
3. Maybe like Isaac.
4. I think a mix of them
5. I never really care about the tier lists so I don't know.
6. Lucina, Jiggypuff, and Duck Hunt.
7. I mostly want her to use her staff but I also want her to have some kind of gimmick which is a stances change so she can have adventure moveset and assault moveset.
8. It depends on her moveset but she probably be my main or secondary main.
9. Yes I like Krystal as character because she actually has a pretty mysterious backstory that makes me want to know more of her mysterious past plus she has potential to be a strong independent female character like Samus.
10. I don't have trouble with any fighters except a good Jiggypuff player.
11. No I don't.
12. Don't have YouTube, Twitter, or Twitch but I do have Instagram.
13. Still in high school but this is my last year and I'm learning about a/c tech but I kinda want to learn about game designing more.
14. Blue, like our vixen we are supporting here.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
1. On one knee with her staff in hand. Head slightly tilting downwards, eyes closed. Cheesy, ik.
2. I think they'll STUDY Krystal's Assault models and then redesign her, since by now her model is a bit dated and looks out of place with the rest of Star Fox.
3. Do her from scratch.
4. I'm thinking Assault with a dash of Command.
5. I'm not qualified to say. I imagine that if she's a speedy character with lots of safe options, she'll be at least a B.
6. The entire roster. Krystal dittos anyone? :troll:
7. My number one hope is that the developers get as much potential out of her weapon as possible and that her playstyle is based around it.
8. Krystal would be a main.
9. I like Krystal as a character in gaming.
10. Roy.
11. Nope. I don't care for those.
12. No.
13. Abstain.
14. Pink!

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
  14. Favorite color?
1. I think it should something like her running or dashing similar to Fox or Falco.
2. Probably from scratch, they'll probably just use the Assault model as a reference
3. From scratch
4. They'll use the Assault model because it's the most popular I feel
5. Mid to low. She would probably be slow and laggy, but powerful. Similar to Robin and Zelda.
6. :4olimar::4gaw::4drmario::4pit::4marth: (I never use Pit and Marth because I actually like :4darkpit::4lucina:)
7. Fully staff based moveset
8. If she's good then yes
9. I find Krystal to be one of the more unique Starfox characters
10. The heavy characters, they tend to punish me because I mess up... alot
11. Only a small group of friends that I know, that's it :(
12. I do have a youtube channel
13. Music major at a university
14. Blue (just like our vixen)

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace

14. Favorite color?
1. Probably like your average spear fighter, I cant describe it
2. If Namco Bandai are the ones doing it, it may be a case of porting it and redesigning it to fit the appearance of Fox and Falco
3. Probably like that one render i've seen, not the one that was just finished, but the one where she's in her assault getup on a trophy stand. I'm sure its here
4. Either Assault or Adventures, maybe a mixture. I doubt they'll touch Command since everyone hates the game
5. Probably high since Fox is garbage, not even a competitive player but I know he's bad
6. In this situation I wouldnt really sacrifice anyone, but I will say Dark Pit, Lucina, and Dr Mario should be fused to their original counterparts, thus justifying the characters alt moves more
7. Bojutsu combat, being vastly superior to Fox
8. Yes, cause I know the responses i'll get if I were to jump in any tourneys at cons
9. Though no one in Star Fox really have a character, she does have a backstory that has yet to get explored. I do feel bad for her after doing research on her, and Adventures with what happened during development and how the result of the buyout resulted in saving her halfway and her helping you fight against Scales in the end didnt happen along with a ton of other content that didnt get to make it.
10. Counter users in general, at least when having to unlock Lucina, other than that, no
11. No
12. No
13. N/A
14. N/A

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
YAS BAE! What area are you looking to go into and what do you play?
Not only did we join the same day, but we both study Music. Coincidence? I THINK NOT.

I play guitar and bits of piano. Also interested in learning the violin at some point. The plan for me is to go into more the technology side of things. Maybe be a producer and record music professionally. I'd also like to use this as an advantage to writing my own music. What about you? Hope we don't get into trouble for going ridiculously off topic...

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
Not only did we join the same day, but we both study Music. Coincidence? I THINK NOT.

I play guitar and bits of piano. Also interested in learning the violin at some point. The plan for me is to go into more the technology side of things. Maybe be a producer and record music professionally. I'd also like to use this as an advantage to writing my own music. What about you? Hope we don't get into trouble for going ridiculously off topic...
Percussion is my main area of instruments but I'm dabbling in piano and bass. I plan to go in music composition and maybe music education. The coincidence is surely uncanny. I don't think we'll get in trouble cause this thread goes off topic all the time.

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Percussion is my main area of instruments but I'm dabbling in piano and bass. I plan to go in music composition and maybe music education. The coincidence is surely uncanny. I don't think we'll get in trouble cause this thread goes off topic all the time.
Hm, well ok. If we do get into trouble though I blame you. ;) Music composition was another one I was going to consider. How far through are you on your course? Are you quite knowledgeable on Music Theory? Technically I'm only starting my first year in September. I was on a "year 0 beginner year" so to speak that my university does, so I still have a lot to learn. What kind of music do you listen to by the way?

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
Hm, well ok. If we do get into trouble though I blame you. ;) Music composition was another one I was going to consider. How far through are you on your course? Are you quite knowledgeable on Music Theory? Technically I'm only starting my first year in September. I was on a "year 0 beginner year" so to speak that my university does, so I still have a lot to learn. What kind of music do you listen to by the way?
We could move this to a conversation. Just so this thread doesn't get too off topic. I'll start a conversation with and answer your question there so this thread can get back to actually talking about Krystal.

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for kinda invading the conversation like that guys. Getting back onto Krystal, if she were to get into Smash, do you think they'd change her design more to suit the current look the Star Fox characters are currently going for? Maybe a more retro looking design, for example.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Sorry for kinda invading the conversation like that guys.
You're not forgiven. :mad:
What're you trying to do? Get this thread shut down? You know Krystal related topics are swamped by mods on the daily. I kid. :p
Getting back onto Krystal, if she were to get into Smash, do you think they'd change her design more to suit the current look the Star Fox characters are currently going for? Maybe a more retro looking design, for example.
I'm actually thinking that's pretty likely. That they'll put a flight jacket on her to help her blend in with Fox and Falco. I think it could go well if the jacket is a smaller version.

This really awesome piece of art we saw earlier is more or less what I expect:
Just with the Star Fox logo emblazoned on the shoulder patches.

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
What're you trying to do? Get this thread shut down? You know Krystal related topics are swamped by mods on the daily. I kid. :p

I'm actually thinking that's pretty likely. That they'll put a flight jacket on her to help her blend in with Fox and Falco. I think it could go well if the jacket is a smaller version.

And the prosthetic legs. :p

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203

14. Favorite color?
  14. Black.
1. I can see them putting her in running pose like Fox & Falco.
2. They'll create our favorite blue telepathic vixen from scratch.
3. Just like the last answer they'll create her from scratch.
4. They'll probably take a some elements from each of the games she was in and mesh in to one cohesive design.
5. I don't give a flying f$#@ about tier lists. In my opinion its who the player is that makes any character good in Smash.
6. :4darkpit: :4lucina: :4wiifit: :4rob:- In this exact order.
7. I'd definitely like to see her utilize her staff from Adventures with a little modern day Star Fox weaponry mixed in from Assault.
8. Considering I main Fox & Falco already Krystal would fit in with them perfectly.
9. When I first played Adventures I was instantly attached to Krystal as soon as she was introduced in the game. This next part is going to be slightly embarrassing, but from there I began to adore the Fox & Krystal pairing because they looked cute together. Funny enough I still like the pairing today. Nonetheless I just like her as a character who is my second favorite Star Fox character with Fox coming in first.
10. :4link: & :4tlink:( those evil spammers:mad:) :4zss: :4shulk: :4sonic: :4yoshi: -In this exact order.
11. There probably is Smash scene in my area, but I'm just too lazy to find out where.
12. Nope
13. Graduated High School in 2008 went COD in Illinois for 3 years then stop because of financial issues. Currently working at a local restaurant called The Patio as a Food Runner. JOB + HOURS WORKING = $$$$$ in my pockets.
14. Green like the color of Fox McCloud's eyes. He's my favorite character if you didn't know that already XD.
And the prosthetic legs. :p
Lawl :rolleyes:

Last edited:

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman

Aha, I think it was less the mods diving on top of me I was worried about and more just peeving off people in general. Like "check out this douchebag bringing his EVERYDAY life into a Krystal support thread. So hipster".

But yeah, the more I look at that image the more I think I'd actually prefer that to even her Assault costume. It'd take less attention from the whole "oh, Krystal is just nothing but sex appeal" mindset some peoples tend to have and make her look more like, well, a Smash fighter.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

14. Favorite color?
  14. Black.
  1. Something like this but with Staff in hand, I dunno I just really like the pose, she looks powerful
  1. Something that mixes elements of the command and assault designs along with a little adventures in there, like what we got for Fox, Falco and Wolf, I also really hope she'll get a jacket like Fox and Falco's, that'd look awesome
  2. I expect them to just do the assault model, although if they want her to match the others they'll need to redo her proportions and make her shorter
  3. Probably just Assault
  4. There's really no way of knowing but if she ends up being a fast character with a lot of range like I hope then she'll probably be pretty high
  5. Pretty much anyone except Zelda, Peach, Zero Suit, Lucina or Lucas
  6. That she actually uses the staff
  7. Probably secondary but it really depends on how she plays
  8. I like Krystal in general, although that may just be my bias for female characters but even then Krystal sticks out as a cool one
  9. :4falcon: :4duckhunt::4link::4luigi::4mario::4megaman::4ness::rosalina::4sonic::4yoshi:
  10. Sadly no
  11. I have all those 3 although I don't really post anything
  12. I'm just going into my last year of secondary school
  13. Purple

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Aha, I think it was less the mods diving on top of me I was worried about and more just peeving off people in general. Like "check out this douchebag bringing his EVERYDAY life into a Krystal support thread. So hipster".
I personally don't mind if you hipster it up, so long as you don't risk getting warned or something. You're too new to get banned! Forum version of too young to die. But I gather you already knew the risks going in. Ignore this message. I sound like a nag.
But yeah, the more I look at that image the more I think I'd actually prefer that to even her Assault costume. It'd take less attention from the whole "oh, Krystal is just nothing but sex appeal" mindset some peoples tend to have and make her look more like, well, a Smash fighter.
I ignore the sex appeal arguments. People who have them? Opinion discarded. I can't take you seriously anymore. Look at Nintendo's cast. Ike and Shulk have characteristics or alternates that are appealing sexually. Am I missing someone? Captain Falcon. Some characters on the roster are just inherently sexually appealing, but it doesn't detract what they bring to the gameplay one iota and people focus on that when they discuss these characters more so than the other stuff. Why is it in reverse with Krystal?

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace

14. Favorite color?
  14. Black.
1. I can't pretend to know on this one. Too many possible poses. Hopefully it will incorporate the staff in some way.
2. This depends on what Sakurai feels is best. Personally, I think they'll just re-make her from scratch, but keep inspirations from multiple previous designs (like Fox and Falco are right now kinda mixed with SF 64 and Command).
3. They'll probably rebuild her Assault model, yeah. Either that, or they'll go off of that other really good fan-made model based on her Adventures appearance.
4. I'm leaning Assault. On the other side, it could also be Adventures, or mixed.
5. I don't really care for tier lists, as I play locally with friends. I can see her in the B tier, depending on how they handle her.
6. Dark Pit and Lucina. No particular order.
7. I would like her to be nimble and responsive, y'know, not a whole lot of landing lag, etc.
8. Either main or secondary.
9. Neither. I see a lot of potential in her, and that's pretty much it. I like to support characters that don't have a lot of automatic merit, but they at least need the potential to back them up. I'll admit that I can see why people like her in "that" way, though. I ain't looking to stir a ****storm, or anything. To each their own, y'know?
10. I haven't really found any fighter to be a trouble to fight against. This is probably because I don't really play online. I just play with my friends locally :p
11. There are scenes around where I live, but I don't have the time or want to really connect with any of them.
12. YouTube: TheRandomCities4
13. I'm attending a local community college, but I'll be transferring after the 2016 spring semester. I also work at a billing company; lots of desktop work, and stuff.
14. Red.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

Maybe a scarf and/or scouter like Fox and Falco have could work too, I think that'd look pretty nice

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
I personally don't mind if you hipster it up, so long as you don't risk getting warned or something. You're too new to get banned! Forum version of too young to die. But I gather you already knew the risks going in.

I ignore the sex appeal arguments. People who have them? Opinion discarded. I can't take you seriously anymore. Look at Nintendo's cast. Ike and Shulk have characteristics or alternates that are appealing sexually. Am I missing someone? Captain Falcon. Some characters on the roster are just inherently sexually appealing, but it doesn't detract what they bring to the gameplay one iota and people focus on that when they discuss these characters more so than the other stuff. Why is it in reverse with Krystal?
Oh yes. Trust me I'm a goodie two shoes. If I feel like I'm breaking even the slightest rule, I instantly go into crying puppy dog mode. Every time I've went even slightly off topic since joining here in fact I've entered a slight panic. D;

You missed Zero Suit Samus. I'd say she's the very essence of sex appeal, aha, but I totally understand what you mean. I'm totally ok with a bit of sex appeal. I'd personally like to see Krystals Adventures outfit as a costume. It shouldn't be the reverse with Krystal honestly but it all comes back to the whole "let's blame Krystal just becuz trolol" thing. I just think if her main costume in Smash was this awesome looking uniform, then it'll show her off in a light where she can't be "blamed just becuz" so much.

Top Bottom