• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Question time!
If Krystal makes it into smash do you guys plan on maining her?
I'll say that as soon as sm4sh got announced I knew which characters I needed the 1st one was Krystal, but the second was Shulk I wanted them so badly I mained Shulk in sm4sh he awsome he the character I've used the most and I use 24 characters...
If she gets in I calculate it will take ma around a week to get her on my top 10 must used characters yeah I plan to main her too!

AND DESTROY EVERYBODY WHO TALKED $#%& ABOUT HER.
Absolutely. She would be one of my mains for Smash 4. I've been wanting her in Smash since Brawl and I really love Adventures and Assault along with the classic N64 game. You know, I consider those 3 games to be the Holy Trinity of the Starfox series. That way when she makes it in, we can finally drown the naysayers/haters who are the minority once and for all who have talked bad about her in the past for no reason.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Absolutely. She would be one of my mains for Smash 4. I've been wanting her in Smash since Brawl and I really love Adventures and Assault along with the classic N64 game. You know, I consider those 3 games to be the Holy Trinity of the Starfox series. That way when she makes it in, we can finally drown the naysayers/haters who are the minority once and for all who have talked bad about her in the past for no reason.

Well said Wolfheart, Well said

Guys can I tell you what I would have done for a new Star Fox game:

Last edited:

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Question time!
I'll say that as soon as sm4sh got announced I knew which characters I needed the 1st one was Krystal, but the second was Shulk I wanted them so badly I mained Shulk in sm4sh he awsome he the character I've used the most and I use 24 characters...
If she gets in I calculate it will take ma around a week to get her on my top 10 must used characters yeah I plan to main her too!

AND DESTROY EVERYBODY WHO TALKED $#%& ABOUT HER.
Yeah I'd definitely main her along side Falco & Fox who has been my main since Smash 64.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Here's what I'd do for a Star Fox game:
Command would be retconned, and the game would take place after Assault A movie quality story, and branching dialouge like Mass Effect or Fallout 4, also explaining character backstories more, Space combat levels have been taken off rails, aka All Range Mode,Upgradable weapons and craft A slightly edgier storyline New enemies Different story options (I.e Fox's story, Falco's story, Krystal's story, Star Wolf, etc.) that show the story from another character's perspective and telling their origin stories, they are unlocked after beating the previous story Some team based elements On foot combat returns, but is slightly slower paced, you can switch between 1st and 3rd person views, oh and you can now aim with all weapons (AKA all weapons have iron sights) Online multiplayer with Voice Chat Local Multiplayer
Hidden Lore about Lylat is discoverable based on missions
Team Based Gameplay
Also the story is supposed to be slightly more serious then past games, also gone is the Cheesy dialogue and bad voice acting of past games, replaced with serious dialouge with some humor thrown in. Also gone is the old puppet visuals, replaced with realistic characters.
The different stories also provide backstory
(Fyi: By serious, I mean less campy, not an ultra realistic story which is too serious, think like Star Wars)
The Great Fox (or Sargasso) would serve as an interactive hub world in between missions, with different characters that provide a useful purpose, (Krystal would use her telepathic abilites to provide intel, Slippy would upgrade weapons and vehicles and develop new vehicles and weapons).
Let me know if any of these are good

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Command would be retconned, and the game would take place after Assault A movie quality story, and branching dialouge like Mass Effect or Fallout 4, also explaining character backstories more, Space combat levels have been taken off rails, aka All Range Mode,Upgradable weapons and craft A slightly edgier storyline New enemies Different story options (I.e Fox's story, Falco's story, Krystal's story, Star Wolf, etc.) that show the story from another character's perspective and telling their origin stories, they are unlocked after beating the previous story Some team based elements On foot combat returns, but is slightly slower paced, you can switch between 1st and 3rd person views, oh and you can now aim with all weapons (AKA all weapons have iron sights) Online multiplayer with Voice Chat Local Multiplayer
Team Based Gameplay
Also the story is supposed to be slightly more serious then past games, also gone is the Cheesy dialogue and bad voice acting of past games, replaced with serious dialouge with some humor thrown in. Also gone is the old puppet visuals, replaced with realistic characters.
(Fyi: By serious, I mean less campy, not an ultra realistic story which is too serious, think like Star Wars)
The Great Fox (or Sargasso) would serve as an interactive hub world in between missions, with different characters that provide a useful purpose, (Krystal would use her telepathic abilites to provide intel, Slippy would upgrade weapons and vehicles and develop new vehicles and weapons).
Well this sounds good to me. A lot of what I'd like to see as well. We can live in hope I guess, but Nintendo rarely go this in-depth with their games unfortunately. I think the different story for each character would be interesting to see. Maybe something similar to Sonic Adventure 2 would be cool. They had the hero and the dark side story lines. Maybe we could see stories from Star Fox and Star Wolf perspectives.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Well this sounds good to me. A lot of what I'd like to see as well. We can live in hope I guess, but Nintendo rarely go this in-depth with their games unfortunately. I think the different story for each character would be interesting to see. Maybe something similar to Sonic Adventure 2 would be cool. They had the hero and the dark side story lines. Maybe we could see stories from Star Fox and Star Wolf perspectives.
Star Wolf having a story was part of the plan, of course, you'd play as Wolf

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Team Based Gameplay
What gametype is this going to be? I don't want Star Fox to turn into some first person shooter with little kids cussing everywhere (one of the pluses to not having voice chat, as Splatoon has demonstrated. Voice chat should really just be for private lobbies).

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
What gametype is this going to be? I don't want Star Fox to turn into some first person shooter with little kids cussing everywhere (one of the pluses to not having voice chat, as Splatoon has demonstrated. Voice chat should really just be for private lobbies).
It's going to be a shooter, but not like CoD at all (I hate CoD, anyone who plays it, is not a real gamer), oh and an option to mute people who are causing trouble

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
It's going to be a shooter, but not like CoD at all (I hate CoD, anyone who plays it, is not a real gamer), oh and an option to mute people who are causing trouble
Why not online dogfights instead (I find this idea way more fun). btw the comment on Call of Duty players is quite rude. I mean I don't play Call of Duty, but there are plenty of people who play Call of Duty and play tons of other games. If you play games, you are a gamer, and yes, even Just Dance.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Why not online dogfights instead (I find this idea way more fun). btw the comment on Call of Duty players is quite rude. I mean I don't play Call of Duty, but there are plenty of people who play Call of Duty and play tons of other games. If you play games, you are a gamer, and yes, even Just Dance.
Dogfights were implied, oh and what I meant were the people who ONLY play COD, and think every other game is stupid, essentially the Dudebros

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
A good idea would be to have it similar to Assault where there's separate stages for dogfights and on foot shooting.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
A good idea would be to have it similar to Assault where there's separate stages for dogfights and on foot shooting.
Yeah that's perfect
Still would rather have just dogfights. Or third person shooter multiplayer matches.
Both were implied, fyi, the FPS mode is optional, you can play it in 1st Person or 3rd Person, oh and a gamer who doesn't care about other games except COD is also what I was refering to

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I haven't posted here in a while due to being busy. Anyways, so today at work I decided to bring Star Fox: Assault over, along with a few other games, and play a mission or two. Beat the whole game, one sitting, no teammates down, on silver. Holy ****, I love that game so much. Great voice acting, fun and new gameplay, great/appealing graphics, and an actual story. Funny that we're on the topic of what we want in the series. I'm just hoping for Star Fox Assault 2.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Yeah that's perfect

Both were implied, fyi, the FPS mode is optional, you can play it in 1st Person or 3rd Person, oh and a gamer who doesn't care about other games except COD is also what I was refering to
Eh still would like no first person mode except maybe in the cockpit of an Arwing.

Also you never answered this.
So when you say you'd like to see the characters look more realistic, do you just mean a more mature look like in Assault, or a different style completely?

Dark_Pit

Smash Cadet
Yeah that's what I want as well, something similar to assault.

The ost is amazing.
The space battles are great.
On foot missions are a nice twist
You still have the landmasters
Good story
and the multiplayer is fun as hell.

That's why when i heard that namco wasn't working on it, i got disappointed. I mean platinum is good and all, but that doesn't mean anything when miyamoto has a tight leash. I still hope Zero meets my expectations however.

Last edited:

Draxis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xShadowSladexx
I like your idea @ IanTheGamer IanTheGamer this in my opinion would a perfect Starfox game if it was ever made like that but I'm not sure if Nintendo would ever go in-depth to make the game like that.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Question time!
It really depends on how she turned out. Sometimes I get really enthusiastic about certain characters joining Smash only to be super underwhelmed by them or not like their playstyle. I feel this way about Little Mac and Paultena. They were in my top 5 for this game but I wasn't completely thrilled about how they turned out. I still like them enough to where I still goof around with them to try to figure out new things and get a broader understanding of different match ups but they're far from my mains. Honestly, the three new characters I enjoy the most probably wouldn't have even made it on a Top 20 list: :4iggy::4villager::4wiifit:. Of the three I really wanted: :4littlemac::4megaman::4palutena:, I just wound up being okay with how they turned out.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Honestly. For a series that revolves around an aircraft for the majorly of the game. Why is customization not a thing for the Awing? Like seriously, why can't we customize the Awing and give it different stats?

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Honestly. For a series that revolves around an aircraft for the majorly of the game. Why is customization not a thing for the Awing? Like seriously, why can't we customize the Awing and give it different stats?
Customize your entire team's Arwings. That would be cool. C'mon Slippy, do something useful and make this happen.

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
This would definitely work great in an online multiplayer mode. It'd certainly keep the game fresh and addictive. Seems like a missed opportunity for Zero, thinking about it.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Question time!
I'd say she'd make my Top 3, unless we get Wolf too, in which case she's make my Top 4. Wolf would be my main without a doubt, and Krystal would fall according to how good of a character she is. I main all the Star Fox characters, no matter how good or bad they are. I just like the series.

Realistic like Horizon's models?
Event Horizon? I actually really dislike those. I'm nit-picky, so forgive me for being overly critical of them. Regardless; Fox is too short, Peppy looks like John Lennon, Falco's proportions remind me of the monster under my bed, and Slippy looks like Mr. Toad from The Wolf Among Us.

As for the Star Fox Zero designs, I like them. Some of the team look like they don't have necks, but I like them nonetheless. The only thing I don't like, of course, is the lack of Krystal

Last edited:

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Don't get me wrong, Event Horizons does look badass, but I think it'd be a bit TOO realistic for an official Star Fox game. Complete realism with Star Fox characters (or most Nintendo characters, for that matter) can come across as a bit creepy looking to me. What I liked about Assault was the fact that it looked stylised whilst maintaining a sense of maturity about it.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Event Horizon? I actually really dislike those. I'm nit-picky, so forgive me for being overly critical of them. Regardless; Fox is too short, Peppy looks like John Lennon, Falco's proportions remind me of the monster under my bed, and Slippy looks like Mr. Toad from The Wolf Among Us.
At first I was totally against those models. I felt they were too strange and removed from what I was used to seeing, and then I gave it some thought and said to myself, "you know what? this is precisely what I would expect an extraterrestrial that's not of this world to look like." They're strange and unfamiliar to us and that's partly what makes them check out as space animals. At least imo.

Top Bottom