• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
inb4 Krystal gets in Smash 4 but with a voice that sounds like her nose is plugged, all because they weren't willing to look for Alesia or anyone else with a similar accent. Not trying to harp on Sm4sh Fox, though.
Log Date: 618. This is Ridley, replying to who I Assume is Yellow Diamond? anyways, I DESPISE Fox's Sm4sh voice. it sounds like a chipmunked Squidward. I never play as him as a result, which is rather sad, but hey, Falco's similar enough, right?

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
People are making great choices for Krystal's voice, but Alesia is still bae.

Hey! Stop joking around!
Alesia will always be a top choice in my book. Would not mind her coming back for a recording session. Also, wasn't Fox voiced by the 64 actor? He did well there. The years must have caught up with him.

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
Alesia will always be a top choice in my book. Would not mind her coming back for a recording session. Also, wasn't Fox voiced by the 64 actor? He did well there. The years must have caught up with him.
Honestly, I was more upset about Falco's voice R.I.P Brooklyn Accent

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Actually I think who can do the voice of Krystal. Kari Wahlgren would be the perfect choice there. She nailed it with her character Emma Frost in the animated series Wolverine and the X-Men.

Yeah, there's definitely plenty of fitting VA's out there. I guess it's just hoping the availability is there. I'd hope that Nintendo's first choice would be Alesia. I'm sure whoever they get would be professional, it's just whether they'd be right for Krystal. I can't imagine Nintendo using up time to try and find someone who suits her character when it's for a game with very little talking in it.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Yeah, there's definitely plenty of fitting VA's out there. I guess it's just hoping the availability is there. I'd hope that Nintendo's first choice would be Alesia. I'm sure whoever they get would be professional, it's just whether they'd be right for Krystal. I can't imagine Nintendo using up time to try and find someone who suits her character when it's for a game with very little talking in it.
Again if not Alesia, then possibly Kari Wahlgreen or anyone else with a Britsh accent

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, hence my profile picture, I'm a big Goku fan, but anyone who thinks he has a chance of getting into the game seriously have their heads in the clouds. I wouldn't even want Goku in the game because he'd stick out like a sore thumb. If I want to play as Goku I'll just stick a Dragon Ball game on.
I'd recommend the Jump Superstars series (I even recall seeing the PS4 game in American stores, so I'd assume the game's also available in Europe) as an option. :)

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Again if not Alesia, then possibly Kari Wahlgreen or anyone else with a Britsh accent
If they can't get Alesia, I just hope they actually think of someone like Kari Wahlgreen. I'm just saying a fitting VA probably wouldn't been on there list of top priorities. Honestly though it's probably not something to worry about. If they got Alesia back for the Brawl Easter eggs 3 years later, I don't see why they can do it again.
I'd recommend the Jump Superstars series (I even recall seeing the PS4 game in American stores, so I'd assume the game's also available in Europe) as an option. :)
Yeah, I've heard about that game. It's kinda got mixed reviews, so I never really looked much into it, but thanks for the suggestion aha.

Draxis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xShadowSladexx
Since we are talking about possible VA's for Krystal I guess I prefer the one from SF:Assault since it seems fitting and I like the accent that she had.
Also is it bad that I don't know the actress who does the voice for Krystal.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Log Date: 618. This is Ridley, replying to who I Assume is Yellow Diamond? anyways, I DESPISE Fox's Sm4sh voice. it sounds like a chipmunked Squidward. I never play as him as a result, which is rather sad, but hey, Falco's similar enough, right?
[I totally read that in Peridot's voice xD]

But yeah, Fox's voice a little... nasally. I just hope, if Krystal is to make it in Sm4sh, that they can find a suitable voice (crossing fingers for Alesia, of course).

Dark_Pit

Smash Cadet
Part of me has my doubts, but it'd be amusing to see an 8bit Krystal.
Krystal will never happen because EAD hates FOREIGN CONCEPTS and krystal is the reason starfox is bad i'm not gonna blame the writers!!!!121 -Typical Gamefaqs user

I noticed someone said King K. Rool and Dixie are not in it, It'd be cool for krystal to be included, but seeing EAD is doing this...i dont know if they'll touch rare characters.

Being a skin in this game means abosoulety nothing for smash though, i'm already seeing "waluigi's chances have boosted for DLC!" *facepalm*

Last edited:

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
I noticed someone said King K. Rool and Dixie are not in it, It'd be cool for krystal to be included, but seeing EAD is doing this...i dont know if they'll touch rare characters.
I sadly doubt that Krystal or even Wolf will make it in Mario Maker :(
But's it's nice to dream :)

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Krystal will never happen because EAD hates FOREIGN CONCEPTS and krystal is the reason starfox is bad i'm not gonna blame the writers!!!!121 Typical -Gamefaqs user

I noticed someone said King K. Rool or Dixie are not in it, It'd be cool for krystal to be included, but seeing EAD is doing this...i dont know if they'll touch rare characters.

Being a skin in this game means abosoulety nothing for smash though, i'm already seeing waluigi's chances have boosted for DLC! *facepalm*
It's a bit ironic if EAD seriously has an issue with what Rare made for their IPs if they're potentially going to use Diddy Kong, a character that wasn't made by Nintendo. Again, everyone that wasnt Donkey Kong and nearly every enemy in the game except for what was in the NES games, Rare created 98% of the cast.

I dont see the point in this particular argument, I dont see it used that often, but when it does it's really stupid.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
It's a bit ironic if EAD seriously has an issue with what Rare made for their IPs if they're potentially going to use Diddy Kong, a character that wasn't made by Nintendo. Again, everyone that wasnt Donkey Kong and nearly every enemy in the game except for what was in the NES games, Rare created 98% of the cast.

I dont see the point in this particular argument, I dont see it used that often, but when it does it's really stupid.
Disregarding EAD, I'm reminded of Donkey Konga 2. Anyone remember that game? You could use badges at the end of a song to represent high scores. There was a Star Fox section in the badges, and Krystal was one of the badges!

Man, that takes me way back... well, sort of back, anyways xD

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Haven't they already said they're up for patching in support for SMM for future amiibos? Presumably, any Smash DLC characters would fall under that.

Last edited:

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
I was playing Crusade just right now with my friend and Krystal plays pretty good. She actually has both her Staff and Weapons she could get while with Star Fox which is something I think would be cool for Krystal if her move-set isn't 100% based on her Adventures Staff.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I was playing Crusade just right now with my friend and Krystal plays pretty good. She actually has both her Staff and Weapons she could get while with Star Fox which is something I think would be cool for Krystal if her move-set isn't 100% based on her Adventures Staff.
Her sprites are super ugly though, like a lot of characters have it bad, but she has it BAD

Like I can't even tell what she's supposed to be wearing

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Wow I stay I away from the Internet 2 days and...wow!
I guess this article proves that Krystal would never turn into another Fox kinda like character in smash.

I've seen plenty of people saying Wolf should be back, wondering why he diden't made it into sm4sh.

I think it was probably due to wolf's moveset personallyI don't think he brought anything new to smash bros some of his moves seem to be inspired by other fighters sonic neutral air, metaknight up air and down smash, charizard foward air, plus fox falco specials and smash final.
Charizard's original fair was much more interesting than what he has now. In Brawl he swung his wings forward and created a fiery hitbox. If anything, Charizard's new fair borrowed from Wolf. Wolf, when all his components are added together, played very much like an original character.

Honestly, I don't really like this moveset. It's too all over the place in terms of moves. I think in terms of moveset, she should use the staff for most, if not all her attacks.
Kind of how I feel as well. I remember looking up Crusade Krystal and thinking this many months ago now.

I hated Sm4sh Fox's voice
But you like it now or you just don't hate it anymore?

I have a whole thing I said about Fox's voice acting in a thread on the Fox boards. Talked about possibly how and why the 64 VA didn't work out as well in this game. I wont go into details, but if you're interested in the theory I can dig up the thread and find what I said.

And yeah, I prefer his Brawl voice. With every match I play as him though, I find myself, little by little, less and less bothered by it.

Last edited:

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
And yeah, I prefer his Brawl voice. With every match I play as him though, I find myself, little by little, less and less bothered by it.
It's gotten to the point I've gotten so used to the spacie's voices, I don't care anymore. I still cringe when fox says landmaster though :/

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
It's gotten to the point I've gotten so used to the spacie's voices, I don't care anymore. I still cringe when fox says landmaster though :/
Yeah, me too... a little.

Fortunately, I almost never play with items, and when I do it's with friends and we're having a good enough time together that little things like that, I don't even notice.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I'm not much a fan of what I saw of the Crusade moveset. It's like some of you already mentioned; it's all over the place. Doesn't feel...I dunno, solid.

Charizard's original fair was much more interesting than what he has now. In Brawl he swung his wings forward and created a fiery hitbox. If anything, Charizard's new fair borrowed from Wolf. Wolf, when all his components are added together, played very much like an original character.
I prefer Charizard's new fair, to be honest. It's stronger, more reliable overall, he can use it from a short hop and have it autocancel, and just fits him better. I don't think it was inspired by Wolf's fair in the slightest; it seems like it's the Pokémon move Dragon Claw, something any Charizard can actually learn in the games...if you have a Heart Scale to burn, anyway.

I have a whole thing I said about Fox's voice acting in a thread on the Fox boards. Talked about possibly how and why the 64 VA didn't work out as well in this game. I wont go into details, but if you're interested in the theory I can dig up the thread and find what I said.

I think you brought up that theory in here, as well, because I distinctly remember reading about it. I still definitely think Fox and Falco sounded their best in Brawl...and I'm almost dreading the fact that we'll probably end up with Wolf's cheesy 64 voice instead of the one from Assault and Brawl that was actually good.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
What are these "items" you speak of :dazwa:
Very dangerous and powerful. Not for casuals. Only used at the very highest level of play.

They're the reason you cringe.

I'm not much a fan of what I saw of the Crusade moveset. It's like some of you already mentioned; it's all over the place. Doesn't feel...I dunno, solid.

I prefer Charizard's new fair, to be honest. It's stronger, more reliable overall, he can use it from a short hop and have it autocancel, and just fits him better. I don't think it was inspired by Wolf's fair in the slightest; it seems like it's the Pokémon move Dragon Claw, something any Charizard can actually learn in the games...if you have a Heart Scale to burn, anyway.

I think you brought up that theory in here, as well, because I distinctly remember reading about it. I still definitely think Fox and Falco sounded their best in Brawl...and I'm almost dreading the fact that we'll probably end up with Wolf's cheesy 64 voice instead of the one from Assault and Brawl that was actually good.
Didn't say Charizard's old fair was better, just more interesting to me. I simple claw swipe is relatively more generic than wing manifested flame.

Regarding the new fair's origin, XeVioN implied that Wolf borrowed his fair from Charizard and I was simply stating that "if anything" the borrowing went the other way since Wolf used a claw swipe fair first. To be honest, I don't believe Charizard has Wolf's fair. I like the Dragon Claw theory though. Too bad it doesn't have some "dragony" effect to relate it to the Pokemon move more clearly. I'm pretty sure Dragon Claw in Pokemon looks like a purplish multicolored claw mark.

And yeah, I probably did repost or talk about my theory for why Fox's voice isn't so great in Smash 4 here. I get the feeling they'll recycle Wolf's old VA stuff because they have it and it saves them money on a character that should be a fairly simple port for pre-ballot DLC. Who knows though, Wolf may come back totally made over and have a new "cheesy" moveset to go with his cheesy 64 voice. I sure hope not. Not only would I rather Wolf not change, but I'd pay for DLC that allowed me to use Fox and Falco's Brawl voices.

Last edited:

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
Very dangerous and powerful. Not for casuals. Only used at the very highest level of play.

They're the reason you cringe.
Oh. I think I saw ZeRo and Nairo use them at EVO. Crazy stuff brah :denzel:

And yeah, I probably did repost or talk about my theory for why Fox's voice isn't so great in Smash 4 here. I get the feeling they'll recycle Wolf's old VA stuff because they have it and it saves them money on a character that should be a fairly simple port for pre-ballot DLC. Who knows though, Wolf may come back totally made over and have a new "cheesy" moveset to go with his cheesy 64 voice. I sure hope not. Not only would I rather Wolf not change, but I'd pay for DLC that allowed me to use Fox and Falco's Brawl voices.
The one time I hope they get lazy and keep everything the same.

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Didn't someone earlier say that Zero Suit Samus' voice was recycled from Brawl? I wouldn't know since I never play as her, but it makes you wonder why they couldn't have done the same thing with Fox and Falco. All I can think of is that they wanted to make the voices consistent with SF643D and Zero, but for Smash players that never play Starfox games, that'd probably just make the voice change all the more IN-consistent, aha. Honestly I'd buy DLC for the Brawl voices myself (even though they should totally be free) but I doubt Nintendo would go through the effort of doing that.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
On the topic of VAs I wonder if they'd reuse Wolf's Brawl lines or re-record them in his British accent. I hope not personally, I feel the gruff american accent fits his more feral fighting style. His 64 voice sounds like he should be hitting foes over the head with a fancy cane or umbrella.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
What jakhzeng said here:
Regarding the new fair's origin, XeVioN implied that Wolf borrowed his fair from Charizard and I was simply stating that "if anything" the borrowing went the other way since Wolf used a claw swipe fair first. To be honest, I don't believe Charizard has Wolf's fair. I like the Dragon Claw theory though. Too bad it doesn't have some "dragony" effect to relate it to the Pokemon move more clearly. I'm pretty sure Dragon Claw in Pokemon looks like a purplish multicolored claw mark.

And yeah, I probably did repost or talk about my theory for why Fox's voice isn't so great in Smash 4 here. I get the feeling they'll recycle Wolf's old VA stuff because they have it and it saves them money on a character that should be a fairly simple port for pre-ballot DLC. Who knows though, Wolf may come back totally made over and have a new "cheesy" moveset to go with his cheesy 64 voice. I sure hope not. Not only would I rather Wolf not change, but I'd pay for DLC that allowed me to use Fox and Falco's Brawl voices.[/quote]

I don't see Wolf's Forward Air from Brawl the same for Charizard at all. As for Fox's voice, I know it was Mike West who played Fox in both the original and the 64 remake. I didn't mind his voice at all in Smash 4. I have gotten used to it after a while, But yes the previous actor before him which was Jim Walker was the best actor to play Fox. Most likely they'll use Wolf's VA from Brawl(Jay Ward) for Smash 4 if Wolf makes it back in which is more likely. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised that they would get Jay Ward to reprise Wolf in SF Zero. However, out of all the VAs out there who can play Wolf at its finest, Steven Blum(Tom the Robot from the Toonami commercials, Wolverine from the Marvel universe, Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop) would be the best choice. As for Falco, I would go for Troy Baker(Hawkeye from Avengers Assemble, Joel from Last of Us, Revolver Ocelot from Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain). For Fox it would be Roger Craig Smith(Sonic from the Sonic the Hedgehog series, Wonder Blue from Wonderful 101, Chris Redfield from the Resident Evil series, Captain America from Avengers Assemble) .

BTW, guys, Alfore got some more pics from our blue vixen and here they are:

From Sheik's support page

From Fox's support page(regarding about the article from the interview where Sakurai was considering Krystal for Brawl)

Finally here is a new snapshot from Alfore on the her being considered for Brawl

Surely Sakurai is seeing these posts in the Miiverse as of lately despite the increasing amount of support Krystal has been getting and with assets from Namco Bandai who worked on Assault and did the design for Krystal and her uniform, hopefully he could use that to his advantage and do something he couldn't do during Brawl's development to flesh her out into a fighter as he wanted. He knew all along that by making Krystal, he would have made her into a unique character different from Fox and Falco which would have most likely be using her staff from Adventures and finally make it into a realization. We have to keep this up so that we'll finally convince him on bringing her at long last to Smash 4.

Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Couple things, we all know Jordan spoke with the smashified team which we have yet to know when Krystal will be done, but he did state this yesterday.
response.jpg

And just a reminder this ends today, I suggest doing something based on Assault or Adventures. You could do something proposing DLC, but I dont think it's recommended, not just for Krystal but for anyone else really. Sakurai and team are going to be seeing these, and assuming the team is Namco Bandai, reminding them of Assault may be very helpful.
Screen Shot 2015-08-19 at 12.15.31 PM.png

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Couple things, we all know Jordan spoke with the smashified team which we have yet to know when Krystal will be done, but he did state this yesterday.
View attachment 69113

And just a reminder this ends today, I suggest doing something based on Assault or Adventures. You could do something proposing DLC, but I dont think it's recommended, not just for Krystal but for anyone else really. Sakurai and team are going to be seeing these, and assuming the team is Namco Bandai, reminding them of Assault may be very helpful.
View attachment 69114
Literally just spent the last few days trying to get Krystals trophy and only just got it. Apparently me as Fox + Trophy Rush = hell on earth. Of course now that I've finally got the trophy, I'm totally hitting a blank on what to do that'll at least be slightly creative, aha.

EDIT: Well, here it is, potentially the most cringeworthy idea I could have possibly thought of: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAAAEVHhm9mwSyQ

Unfortunately that's the best I could manage with the limited trophies I actually have. It's not really related to Assault either, but hey, at least it has Krystal in it. If you guys were willing to give it some "pity yeahs" however, I'd be very grateful aha

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Literally just spent the last few days trying to get Krystals trophy and only just got it. Apparently me as Fox + Trophy Rush = hell on earth. Of course now that I've finally got the trophy, I'm totally hitting a blank on what to do that'll at least be slightly creative, aha.

EDIT: Well, here it is, potentially the most cringeworthy idea I could have possibly thought of: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAAAEVHhm9mwSyQ

Unfortunately that's the best I could manage with the limited trophies I actually have. It's not really related to Assault either, but hey, at least it has Krystal in it. If you guys were willing to give it some "pity yeahs" however, I'd be very grateful aha
Lol, wait. That's not so bad. My trophy collection is small and it's too late to start getting them now. I never thought this contest would be a thing, otherwise I'd have loaded up sooner.
For Krystal it's really not that difficult getting, you just need to get an x amount of frenzies in Trophy Rush with Fox and that's it, the trick is to use a move that destroys em in one hit.
Thanks for the tip. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom