• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Alot of people are saying Krystal was never considered and it was just wolf or no one outright. She was only mentioned because of the interviewer.

What do you guys think?
If it's like how some think the parallel universe confirmation is a lie and that Zero's a full on Reboot to them, it's probably the same thing here where its opposers making things up to make it "true", this happened with Ridley despite him being a Stage Hazard, they kept saying Sakurai was lying. It happens with other characters and the game in general, the "One 3rd party character per company" being the one lie people made up, it seemed true at first, but the moment Ryu came in, it was revealed fans made it up for their own reasons.

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
If it's like how some think the parallel universe confirmation is a lie and that Zero's a full on Reboot to them, it's probably the same thing here where its opposers making things up to make it "true", this happened with Ridley despite him being a Stage Hazard, they kept saying Sakurai was lying. It happens with other characters and the game in general, the "One 3rd party character per company" being the one lie people made up, it seemed true at first, but the moment Ryu came in, it was revealed fans made it up for their own reasons.
Bias is a powerful force my friend

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Alot of people are saying Krystal was never considered and it was just wolf or no one outright. She was only mentioned because of the interviewer.

What do you guys think?
I honestly don't think so and this isn't the bias speaking at all. If Krystal had taken less time then she would had been added but since she took longer/was harder to do on the Wii they moved on to Wolf and since Wolf worked they added him and if he didn't then they won't have added a third Star Fox character or then maybe had moved on to Slippy then, who knows but Sakurai at this point. Its literally that simple. Those saying it was a PR move or because interviewer asked are only saying it to make it feel right to them.

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't think so and this isn't the bias speaking at all. If Krystal had taken less time then she would had been added but since she took longer/was harder to do on the Wii they moved on to Wolf and since Wolf worked they added him and if he didn't then they won't have added a third Star Fox character or then maybe had moved on to Slippy then, who knows but Sakurai at this point. Its literally that simple. Those saying it was a PR move or because interviewer asked are only saying it to make it feel right to them.
Honestly, knowing people who make excuses like this, I can imagine them STILL making excuses even if she makes it into the game, aha. "Noooo, Krystal isn't really announced! It's a trick of the mind! Sakurai only made that official announcement in the direct FULL with her gameplay just to shut the fans up!".

A Mii Costume doesn't DQ her from being playable, Heihachi was already in PSASBR, it would feel too akward, there are Link and Samus costumes
Which is a good thing, so that they wouldn't whine when Nintendo tries something new with Star Fox
Yeah, I know it's possible we got both, I just meant if we did end up getting the short end of the stick with Mii costumes only. If we did somehow get both though then that'd be amazing, because it'd show Krystal getting even more acknowledgment. Plus who wouldn't want a Mii fighter with a set of blue ears and a tail? Make dem Miis look sassy.

By the way guys, I don't mean to be a total n00b here, but what was that "smashified" thing you were talking about earlier?

Last edited:

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, knowing people who make excuses like this, I can imagine them STILL making excuses even if she makes it into the game, aha. "Noooo, Krystal isn't really announced! It's a trick of the mind! Sakurai only made that official announcement in the direct FULL with her gameplay just to shut the fans up!".

Yeah, I know it's possible we got both, I just meant if we did end up getting the short end of the stick with Mii costumes only. If we did somehow get both though then that'd be amazing, because it'd show Krystal getting even more acknowledgment. Plus who wouldn't want a Mii fighter with a set of blue ears and a tail? Make dem Miis look sassy.

By the way guys, I don't mean to be a total n00b here, but what was that "smashified" thing you were talking about earlier?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-du64tVGfQ
Smashified is a group project started my Omni Artsy on YouTube. It started out as the Rayman leak during pre-release and is now being used to show us how certian characters would look like if they were in the game. Today is going to be Isaac and soon, hopefully will be Krystal.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Most likely through a hybrid design that merges both of her Adventures and Assault design.

Anyways, I guess I'll come forward and say that I support Krystal for Smash Bros DLC.
You've been around here enough and at least watching the thread that I always figured it was a given, heh.

We actually haven't rerated Krystal at all. Her only rating was from really early on, and she got kicked down a lot from people who assumed only one Star Fox character could get in or thought she'd "steal" a "slot" from Wolf.

That, and a little bit of the furbait card, which was ridiculous and hypocritical when so many of them were Wolf supporters.
I figure people's feelings about her chances after Zero's E3 reveal will give us a result pretty similar to what we got before even in spite of her popularity surge. I doubt too many minds on the RTC thread have changed, although we might have a stronger showing from her support thread in the RTC thread to balance things. Wolf still having an unconfirmed status doesn't help us either. I was actually thinking about going for a re-rate in that thread after E3 but that turned out to give us nothing so I decided against it.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
You know, after reading that article, there are a few things that are interesting to note
  • The implication about Krystal not being seen as feasible as Wolf is interesting. It seems to suggest that Krystal was at one point seriously considered if Sakurai was willing to specifically highlight why he didn't choose Krystal.
  • Interesting confirmation of how much Wolf took to make in comparison to a fully created-from-scratch character
  • This confirms that Krystal would never be similar to Fox at all, contrary to how some debated that Krystal wouldn't necessarily be unique.
  • It doesn't explain why Toon Link and Jigglypuff were lower-priority, which was something I wanted to know.
  • Again, based on the listing of the Forbidden 7, helps support the assumption that if they had more time, Mewtwo and Roy would have been implemented after Wolf.

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
This article proves that the biggest thing against Krystal is time. However, unlike Brawl, you have more time to finish content after the games release. Not to mention the fact Wolf doesn't need to be worked on that much considering his data can be easily transferred to this game, shortening the amount of time it would take to make him. To Sakurai, this could seem to him like adding in one brand new character (Krystal), with an extra bonus (:wolf:).

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
This article proves that the biggest thing against Krystal is time. However, unlike Brawl, you have more time to finish content after the games release. Not to mention the fact Wolf doesn't need to be worked on that much considering his data can be easily transferred to this game, shortening the amount of time it would take to make him. To Sakurai, this could seem to him like adding in one brand new character (Krystal), with an extra bonus (:wolf:).
Once again, you have Namco Bandai working alongside his team with this game, so this only would help with her along with other potential characters. I assume it definitely helps because Namco Bandai made Star Fox Assault and designed her in that game, if it was design and modeling issues Sakurai had as opposed to Wolf which even he was still a risk for Brawl, i'm pretty sure Namco can figure it out sooner for her.

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
Once again, you have Namco Bandai working alongside his team with this game, so this only would help with her along with other potential characters. I assume it definitely helps because Namco Bandai made Star Fox Assault and designed her in that game, if it was design and modeling issues Sakurai had as opposed to Wolf which even he was still a risk for Brawl, i'm pretty sure Namco can figure it out sooner for her.
Very true. Honestly, this is the most optimistic I've ever felt about Krystal making smash. Hopefully my dreams aren't crushed like they were when Brawl came out.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Very true. Honestly, this is the most optimistic I've ever felt about Krystal making smash. Hopefully my dreams aren't crushed like they were when Brawl came out.
Lets list it like this, Namco Bandai made Assault, they also designed Krystal in there, they're also helping Sakurai with Smash with not just the development but I believe with the updates and DLC as well. You also have Alesia Glidewell in there who not only voiced Krystal in Assault, but she voices Zero Suit Samus, and now just recently Sakurai confirming she was indeed considered for Brawl.

It's crazy to think this, but I think like Wolf and potentially Isaac, the fact these three are absent on their own ends is making me think they're planned, but dont quote me here, everyones come up with theories for the character they support.

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
Lets list it like this, Namco Bandai made Assault, they also designed Krystal in there, they're also helping Sakurai with Smash with not just the development but I believe with the updates and DLC as well. You also have Alesia Glidewell in there who not only voiced Krystal in Assault, but she voices Zero Suit Samus, and now just recently Sakurai confirming she was indeed considered for Brawl.

It's crazy to think this, but I think like Wolf and potentially Isaac, the fact these three are absent on their own ends is making me think they're planned, but dont quote me here, everyones come up with theories for the character they support.
Call me crazy, but I think Krystal is now the third most likely character, only behind Wolf and Isaac. Everything is just working in her favor.

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
Lol missing King K. Rool. Costumes don't deconfirm him.
No, but that costume definitely raises suspecions. It either means "damn K. Rool is really requested, lets make a costume to cater to the fans before we release him as a character", or "damn K. Rool is really requested, too bad he's not gonna be playable. Lets make a costume to ease some of the pain".

Personally I think it's the former. I give K Rool a solid fourth place in terms of likeliness. Maybe I am crazy...

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
No, but that costume definitely raises suspecions. It either means "damn K. Rool is really requested, lets make a costume to cater to the fans before we release him as a character", or "damn K. Rool is really requested, too bad he's not gonna be playable. Lets make a costume to ease some of the pain".

Personally I think it's the former. I give K Rool a solid fourth place in terms of likeliness. Maybe I am crazy...
No you are not

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Where on Earth are people getting these character rankings from? The reddit polls? I consider no newcomer especially likely. I would sooner wager on Pichu than I would any newcomer this forum hypes up.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

Since King K. Rool is literally like the most requested newcomer and if all he gets is a costume, what makes you think that Krystal, Isaac, or any other big newcomer won't get the same treatment. I'd still place King K. Rool above Isaac.

That's what I said, and technically Heihachi hasn't been disconfirmed either, though it would be akward because Heihachi was playable in PSASBR
Yeah, but I don't think they'll add Heihachi (fanservice right, not many people are asking for him).

Where on Earth are people getting these character rankings from? The reddit polls? I consider no newcomer especially likely. I would sooner wager on Pichu than I would any newcomer this forum hypes up.
You consider no newcomer likely. Really, because Sakurai said from now on, DLC will be fanservice. King K. Rool is one of the most requested characters (polls actually are a pretty good representation of votes since casuals don't know about the ballot therefore how could they vote. They could only find out through another fan telling them to vote for a character that the fan wants, on the website, or watch the one specific Direct). Sakurai is going to pick characters for the ballot that people want and will make money for them, why the **** out of all characters would Pichu be picked. He's a veteran but he's not even the one people are clamoring for (Wolf). Pichu is literally considered a joke. (no offense to Pichu lovers).

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
You consider no newcomer likely. Really, because Sakurai said from now on, DLC will be fanservice. King K. Rool is one of the most requested characters (polls actually are a pretty good representation of votes since casuals don't know about the ballot therefore how could they vote. They could only find out through another fan telling them to vote for a character that the fan wants, on the website, or watch the one specific Direct). Sakurai is going to pick characters for the ballot that people want and will make money for them, why the **** out of all characters would Pichu be picked. He's a veteran but he's not even the one people are clamoring for (Wolf). Pichu is literally considered a joke. (no offense to Pichu lovers).
You act like King K. Rool is the only popular character. Even still, I wouldn't be so confident. As for the casuals, the ballot was only announced in broad daylight to the public over the internet, and everyone's been telling their friends up to this point. If you're expecting votes from only the most hardcore fans, you could be in for a bit of a surprise. And I would be more confident about Pichu, because at the very least he would be easy to bring over and is a veteran. I'm not exactly fan, but I can see it happening with more certainty than random newcomer out of the blue. You know what I mean? But back to Krystal. :)

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Since King K. Rool is literally like the most requested newcomer and if all he gets is a costume, what makes you think that Krystal, Isaac, or any other big newcomer won't get the same treatment. I'd still place King K. Rool above Isaac.

Yeah, but I don't think they'll add Heihachi (fanservice right, not many people are asking for him).

Almost no one likes Pichu

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
Well we'll worry about that when or if it ever happens.

I understand your point. It's best to stay optimistic, but not too optimistic pichu tho

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Well we'll worry about that when or if it ever happens.

I understand your point. It's best to stay optimistic, but not too optimistic pichu tho
Sorry if I rained on anyone's parade. I think Krystal has as good a shot as any new face out there. Believe it. I wouldn't fault you all for thinking she were a shoo-in. These are just my beliefs. I'm tempering my expectations only because I've been burned so many times before. =]

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Everyone uses Pichu as the typical impossible veteran.

They forget the true one...

:ivysaur: Good Night Sweet Prince(ss?)

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Everyone uses Pichu as the typical impossible veteran.

They forget the true one...

:ivysaur: Good Night Sweet Prince(ss?)
I used Pichu because I don't think he's a near impossible veteran like say Young Link, who barring some changes, I have extreme difficulty thinking will make the Zelda roster in Smash 4.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
You act like King K. Rool is the only popular character. Even still, I wouldn't be so confident. As for the casuals, the ballot was only announced in broad daylight to the public over the internet, and everyone's been telling their friends up to this point. If you're expecting votes from only the most hardcore fans, you could be in for a bit of a surprise. And I would be more confident about Pichu, because at the very least he would be easy to bring over and is a veteran. I'm not exactly fan, but I can see it happening with more certainty than random newcomer out of the blue. You know what I mean? But back to Krystal. :)
I'm not, Isaac, Krystal, Snake, Wolf, and Bandana Dee are all popular as well. Casuals have 3 places to learn about the ballot. The website (what casual Smash player would literally go to the website), The April Direct (What casual Smash player would randomly tune into this specific Direct), and their friends telling them to go vote for a SPECIFIC character (Most likely way of finding out). Since the last way is the most likely one to happen, most would just vote for that one character that they're friend told them to vote for. Yes, some people would think (rare these days :troll:) and would vote for some character they like, but this is just some character. A random character that they might like in Smash like a third party (most likely) or a semi-important Nintendo character (maybe their favorite Pokemon [Don't underestimate this] or some character that they thought was funny like Slippy or Waluigi). Sakurai said fanservice DLC would be happening. The characters with the largest amounts of votes are Wolf, King K. Rool, Snake, and Isaac (some others below them but still high like Krystal). Why would he pick other random characters and not go for the ones that would make the most people happy and would sell the best. Also, why would Sakurai make us wait 7 months, the ballot ends, and literally the only character we get from it is Pichu. You know how mad people would be? 7 months for ****ing Pichu (nothing against Pichu its just waiting that long for a clone, and a clone that hurts himself is stupid). Sakurai is mostly a man of the people. Even if its not just Pichu and its lets say Pichu and Wolf, why make us wait that long for characters that are pretty ****ing easy to make?

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07

Then again for that King K. Rool costume, just because a character is a costume or a trophy doesn't mean anything. He could still make it in after all. The only downside to him on this is that his chances are not as nearly as high as it used to be. But Krystal on the other hand is a different story and the best part we got of all this is that since this small development team are from Namco Bandai and they worked on Assault 10 years ago, this works in our favor and considering the fact from what we saw in that latest article of Sakurai considering Krystal for Brawl and combine that with the huge amount of support she has been getting especially in the Miiverse, hopefully Sakurai will finally consider her for Smash 4 DLC this time around. Right now the best thing to do now is stay optmistic.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I'm not, Isaac, Krystal, Snake, Wolf, and Bandana Dee are all popular as well. Casuals have 3 places to learn about the ballot. The website (what casual Smash player would literally go to the website), The April Direct (What casual Smash player would randomly tune into this specific Direct), and their friends telling them to go vote for a SPECIFIC character (Most likely way of finding out). Since the last way is the most likely one to happen, most would just vote for that one character that they're friend told them to vote for.
Would you vote for the character your friend told you to? Or would you say... "yeah, sure" and then submit a vote for your own favorite? I think the latter is more likely, although I admit the former happens quite a lot as well.
Yes, some people would think (rare these days :troll:) and would vote for some character they like, but this is just some character. A random character that they might like in Smash like a third party (most likely) or a semi-important Nintendo character (maybe their favorite Pokemon [Don't underestimate this] or some character that they thought was funny like Slippy or Waluigi). Sakurai said fanservice DLC would be happening.
I'm not saying he's going to pick a Goomba, but it's not a poll either. Nowhere in the ballot's description does it say that the characters with the largest amount of votes are going to win. It's important to keep in mind that popular characters without vocal fanbases would still pan out just as well as Krystal, Bandana Dee or what have you. Sakurai's pledge of fanservice then won't be broken if he manages to satisfy comparatively large fanbases, even if they didn't vote as frequently on the ballot as the ones on Smashboards and other places with an interest in this sort of thing.
The characters with the largest amounts of votes are Wolf, King K. Rool, Snake, and Isaac (some others below them but still high like Krystal).
You rattled off those names in order, but you don't have the official tally in front of you. None of us do. This is partly why I'm amazed at the confidence some people have.
Why would he pick other random characters and not go for the ones that would make the most people happy and would sell the best. Also, why would Sakurai make us wait 7 months, the ballot ends, and literally the only character we get from it is Pichu. You know how mad people would be? 7 months for ****ing Pichu (nothing against Pichu its just waiting that long for a clone, and a clone that hurts himself is stupid). Sakurai is mostly a man of the people. Even if its not just Pichu and its lets say Pichu and Wolf, why make us wait that long for characters that are pretty ****ing easy to make?
I would like to add that 7 months is a long time to collect votes. That's nearly an entire year. It's very likely he's going to have multiple thousands of votes for multiple characters, and chances are he's smart enough to know those thousands of votes aren't representative of the entire Smash Bros. community, which I figure is well over 6 million players based off Wii U and 3DS sales. What I'm trying to say here is that Sakurai has a loooot of good options. He's by no means cornered and forced to pick from a small group of characters.

Last edited:

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai said fanservice DLC would be happening. The characters with the largest amounts of votes are Wolf, King K. Rool, Snake, and Isaac (some others below them but still high like Krystal). Why would he pick other random characters and not go for the ones that would make the most people happy and would sell the best.
The voting isn't necessarily about popularity, there's a lot more to consider than just popularity when choosing a new fighter to the roster. And really choosing anyone from the ballot is technically "fanservice", since even if just one fan asked for a specific character and that would end up being added to the game, it still would be "fanservice". Again, we are only suggesting characters, not voting for someone to "win" with the most votes.
Sure the most logical thing to do is to use only the most voted characters for "maximum" profit, but since when has nintendo done anything to get the best profit? They've even said that their not interested on getting "whales" or anything like that to maximize profits with their coming mobile games. (Sure it's possible that they're just saying that without meaning it).
Also they've said that every voted character will be considered as a new fighter and I wouldn't be surprised (let's say that they would make 5 characters from the ballot for this example) that they would make 2 from the most popular ones, 2 from the between and one from the lowest voted as characters. I mean hey, maybe that one character that happened to be voted a low amount was such a great suggestion that Sakurai himself thought (and everybody else in the team) that it would be a fantastic addition to the roster.
I'm not saying this is how it's gonna go, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised. Saying "this characters is automatically in, because it's the most popular one" is most likely only going to get you disappointed in the end. They didn't add Wii Fit Trainer to smash because people wanted her/him. Just saying. (Sure you can argue that the situation is different because we are talking about a additional character that's gonna cost on it's own, but I'd still say that no character is"sure" choice for the devs of smash).

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
D'aw, poor Pichu. He was my main back on Meelee. People thought I was mad, aha. I'd like to see Pichu myself, but again not as part of the ballot. I still feel it would be a bit of a kick in the teeth to have ANY pre-existing character announced by the ballot. Almost every DLC character that's already been released has been a character from the past, they announce this super awesome ballot system and what do we get? EVEN MORE characters from the past? That just doesn't sit right with me personally. I can somewhat understand if they resorted to that due to time constraints, but anymore than one ballot slot used for a pre existing character seems ridiculous to me personally.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Would you vote for the character your friend told you to? Or would you say... "yeah, sure" and then submit a vote for your own favorite? I think the latter is more likely, although I admit the former happens quite a lot as well.

I'm not saying he's going to pick a Goomba, but it's not a poll either. Nowhere in the ballot's description does it say that the characters with the largest amount of votes are going to win. It's important to keep in mind that popular characters without vocal fanbases would still pan out just as well as Krystal, Bandana Dee or what have you. Sakurai's pledge of fanservice then won't be broken if he manages to satisfy comparatively large fanbases, even if they didn't vote as frequently on the ballot as the ones on Smashboards and other places with an interest in this sort of thing.

You rattled off those names in order, but you don't have the official tally in front of you. None of us do. This is partly why I'm amazed at the confidence some people have.

I would like to add that 7 months is a long time to collect votes. That's nearly an entire year. It's very likely he's going to have multiple thousands of votes for multiple characters, and chances are he's smart enough to know those thousands of votes aren't representative of the entire Smash Bros. community, which I figure is well over 6 million players based off Wii U and 3DS sales. What I'm trying to say here is that Sakurai has a loooot of good options. He's by no means cornered and forced to pick from a small group of characters.
I think its split for the friend telling you who to vote for between those two options and then the third which is forgetting or not giving a ****.

I know it isn't a poll and I know it says that. btw are we still arguing over the Pichu thing just wondering because I agree with @ T thief_of_demons . Why make fans wait that long just for a character that's been playable before. Shouldn't those characters be preballot. What I got from your original post is that Pichu is more likely to come as a ballot character than any other newcomer which I think is stupid. 7 months is enough time to make 1 newcomer. I'm not saying Sakurai has to pick from the small group of characters I listed, but he probably will pick at least one from that group (considering the large amount of people who want at least one of those characters). I'm tired of arguing lol.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
The voting isn't necessarily about popularity, there's a lot more to consider than just popularity when choosing a new fighter to the roster. And really choosing anyone from the ballot is technically "fanservice", since even if just one fan asked for a specific character and that would end up being added to the game, it still would be "fanservice". Again, we are only suggesting characters, not voting for someone to "win" with the most votes.
Sure the most logical thing to do is to use only the most voted characters for "maximum" profit, but since when has nintendo done anything to get the best profit? They've even said that their not interested on getting "whales" or anything like that to maximize profits with their coming mobile games. (Sure it's possible that they're just saying that without meaning it).
Also they've said that every voted character will be considered as a new fighter and I wouldn't be surprised (let's say that they would make 5 characters from the ballot for this example) that they would make 2 from the most popular ones, 2 from the between and one from the lowest voted as characters. I mean hey, maybe that one character that happened to be voted a low amount was such a great suggestion that Sakurai himself thought (and everybody else in the team) that it would be a fantastic addition to the roster.
I'm not saying this is how it's gonna go, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised. Saying "this characters is automatically in, because it's the most popular one" is most likely only going to get you disappointed in the end. They didn't add Wii Fit Trainer to smash because people wanted her/him. Just saying. (Sure you can argue that the situation is different because we are talking about a additional character that's gonna cost on it's own, but I'd still say that no character is"sure" choice for the devs of smash).
I agree with this. I support K. Rool... and then Krystal, Dixie, and Isaac. But I don't like that some people I've seen (from other support threads) are writing off the ballot as a publicity stunt if the character they want doesn't get in. Like you mentioned, popular characters will obviously get more consideration, but it isn't a popularity contest.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I think its split for the friend telling you who to vote for between those two options and then the third which is forgetting or not giving a ****.

I know it isn't a poll and I know it says that. btw are we still arguing over the Pichu thing just wondering because I agree with @ T thief_of_demons . Why make fans wait that long just for a character that's been playable before. Shouldn't those characters be preballot. What I got from your original post is that Pichu is more likely to come as a ballot character than any other newcomer which I think is stupid. 7 months is enough time to make 1 newcomer. I'm not saying Sakurai has to pick from the small group of characters I listed, but he probably will pick at least one from that group (considering the large amount of people who want at least one of those characters). I'm tired of arguing lol.
Why would the wait need to be for anything but newcomers? I'm not here to argue Pichu's merits, but he does have a following, especially in Sakurai's native homeland where preferences are taken into account more so than usual. Not to mention, Sakurai has some time, but he doesn't have an infinite amount of it. I wouldn't be surprised if Pichu was yet another last minute clone that was taken from the ballot once time started running low to add more DLC characters. Totally plausible and I think it best if you dispensed with the idea that it's impossible because "it's Pichu and everyone hates him." Well, his fanbase doesn't! By Sakurai's definition, he too would be fanservice. I'd venture to say the Mii costumes are fanservice to him as well.

You also got the wrong thing from my post. Pichu isn't hands down gauranteed, but I'd feel more confident betting he would come than any one newcomer due to the saturation of votes and the abundance of characters at Sakurai's disposal. Doesn't hurt that Ryu is the lone newcomer we've had from DLC so far either. That should tell you that he's completely fine with bringing back veterans at this late stage.

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Why would the wait need to be for anything but newcomers? I'm not here to argue Pichu's merits, but he does have a following, especially in Sakurai's native homeland where preferences are taken into account more so than usual. Not to mention, Sakurai has some time, but he doesn't have an infinite amount of it. I wouldn't be surprised if Pichu was yet another last minute clone that was taken from the ballot once time started running low to add more DLC characters. Totally plausible and I think it best if you dispensed with the idea that it's impossible because "it's Pichu and everyone hates him." Well, his fanbase doesn't! By Sakurai's definition, he too would be fanservice. I'd venture to say the Mii costumes are fanservice to him as well.

You also got the wrong thing from my post. Pichu isn't hands down gauranteed, but I'd feel more confident betting he would come than any one newcomer due to the saturation of votes and the abundance of characters at Sakurai's disposal. Doesn't hurt that Ryu is the lone newcomer we've had from DLC so far either. That should tell you that he's completely fine with bringing back veterans at this late stage.
As you've just said, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Pichu or any pre existing/clone character make it into the game due to lack of time and the overall ease of it, however I just don't see this being the case for EVERY ballot character. They wouldn't need to create the ballot if that was the intended purpose.

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
As you've just said, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Pichu or any pre existing/clone character make it into the game due to lack of time and the overall ease of it, however I just don't see this being the case for EVERY ballot character. They wouldn't need to create the ballot if that was the intended purpose.
Then he should postpone the deadline (or just let the remaining time in that scenario go to waste; I'd rather have that than have Pamperchu as a DLC fighter).

Also, I'd rather he make Pamperchu into a Mii costume.

Last edited:
Top Bottom