• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Lol good ur head is to far up ur *** to listen to intellegent things

:phone:
what intellegent thing. literally tthe only reasons you've said Krystal is important is
A: She's a love interest
B: She uses a staff making for a different moveset

neither of those are good enough reasons to add a character. a character having a unique moveset does not mean they should be playable. otherwise we should expect the likes of Tyranitar for a new pokemon rep and Waddle Doo for a new Kirby rep. frankly I see no change in the Smash roster as far as Star Fox is concerned and those who think Krystal will replace anyone really have their heads up their arses.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
what intellegent thing. literally tthe only reasons you've said Krystal is important is
A: She's a love interest
B: She uses a staff making for a different moveset

neither of those are good enough reasons to add a character. a character having a unique moveset does not mean they should be playable. otherwise we should expect the likes of Tyranitar for a new pokemon rep and Waddle Doo for a new Kirby rep. frankly I see no change in the Smash roster as far as Star Fox is concerned and those who think Krystal will replace anyone really have their heads up their arses.
Compared to several of the characters that are in the game she deserves it, falco, toon link and lucario need to be dropped for good.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Compared to several of the characters that are in the game she deserves it, falco, toon link and lucario need to be dropped for good.

if Krystal was nearly as important as you seem to think she is she would've made the roster back in Brawl. Toon Link was added to represent the Toon Zelda series and Lucario got in for multiple reasons with popularity being one of them.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
It went to **** because of terrible logic really. Quite honestly, Krystal could be included. She could be a clone or she could not be. It doesn't really matter. There are particular things that make some characters important, and compared to Falco, being "the love interest" (which if I remember correctly was hardly played upon in Assault), she has a staff (which she hasn't used since adventures), and Falco is unimportant?

There is a thing called popularity. That would be part of the reason Falco got in. Removing Falco to put in Krystal is illogical. I don't see why Falco needs to be dropped. Same thing with Lucario. He shares one move with Mewtwo, and that is it. Toon Link i'm neutral on.

Sigh... I would try to start a new subject but frankly i'm tired and don't give a rat's behind.

@ Golden, the lolz that picture brought me were fantastic. Gotta love the Heavy

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
look i can definately see Krystal being added but only as a 4th Star Fox rep. not as a replacement thats just asinine, why drop a well liked character for a less popular one. and i think most people can agree with me on that. meanwhile a 4th rep feels unlikely as the series is kind of a dissapointment at the moment (at least the newer ones) but who knows whats around the bend.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Well if falco is going to stay he definately is gonna need a lot of work done on him. He's gone through 2 games as a clone, I might respect him if he has a really updated and cool move set.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Females offer a different style of fighting? That doesn't really make any form of sense. How does having a vagina automatically make a unique style of fighting?
Well, a female char can execute the most FABULOUS moves without scaring the omophobe audience.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Captain Falcon can wear the most FABULOUS~ suit ever and still be manly with the godly knee and punch. Not many characters can boast such a achievement.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I think Krystal would be an amazing choice. No other character in Smash uses a staff, and despite it being dead horse argument, more female representation.

And I honestly think this is the only way we can get a Star Fox character with a unique moveset.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Krystal Moveset

B Move: Fire/Ice Shot: When you tap b Krystal shoots out a fire shot that after being shot its direction can be altered by holding up or down. You can hold B for Krystal to shoot out a short ice spray similar to ice climbers that will freeze them in a similar manner, good pressure tool and shield breaker.

B Over: Staff Spin: Krystal spins her staff just like fox did in starfox adventure you can tap b at the end for a follow up jump staff slam, up to 2 times similar to sfa.

B Up: Staff Boost: Krystal rides her staff vertically, not very fast but brings her to a good vertical height similar to sonics spring jump.

B Down: Staff Quake: Krystal if on the ground jumps up and charges her staff in air while you hold b (the more charge time the bigger the range damage and stun) crumples hit foes on ground, sends the opponent flying if she lands directly on them. When done in air you can charge as well but the higher u fall from the more damage you do and more range is gained.

She would be so awesome using a Moveset similar to this, I hate her popularity has gone down but I still have hope.

Jak_spoon

Smash Journeyman
I think two of the things shes got going for her is balance and rep. Personally I believe Namco got brought in to help balance and make new move sets for characters. Creatively, Nintendo has pumped out at least 7 unique move sets each game but the rest are sort of roster filler clone crap. If one family needs to get fixed its starfox's. Its obvious that foxes moves were based off of his Airwing but Falco represents that better because hes an areal type fighter. If Fox's moves were changed to represent the Landmaster (acting as a anti areal fighter) and Krystal was introduced with her staff you'd have a great representation of the Starfox games as a whole. I mean Fox and Falco show off the normal starfox games while Krystal reps Starfoxs dip into action adventure. Then again you could do this same thing with Fox, Falco, and Wolf but who really wants the same characters?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh god, look what happened in this thread...I'd forgotten how bad that Magnes3d guy was...

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I'm surprise I've never posted on this (or at least it says I haven't) I believe Krystal has a lot to add to Smash. First lets talk importance.

Importance
1. She's the teams pilot, ground fighter, and psychic.
2. In Starfox Command her importance really plays out. The rest of the crew leave Fox after she left and many of the choices that you make are based on what Krystal chooses or does.
3. She seems to have a lot more influence on team decisions then Falco (possibly because she's Fox's love interest).
4. Besides Pigma she's the only other person to be part of Starfox and Starwolf teams.

(Also this was mention before Falco is not Starfox's second in command. Your number 2 guy doesn't fly off on his own between every game. There isn't any position for that but I would say Rob if anyone would be it.)

Abilities
1. Of course her staff is mention but you have to realize its a lot different then a sword or a hammer. She can change positions like hold it at one end for long reach attack and then switch into a joust position (holding it more towards the middle) for short rapid attacks.
2. She has psychic abilities and though only the passive skills have been shown she could have more active moves like the psychic jumps that Ness and Lucas has.
3. She is also know to use magic as well that usually comes from her staff and since we only saw what Fox could do its assume that Krystal could do a lot more with it.
4. Then we have technology in which she is no stranger to guns, explosives, and high tech gadgetry.

So I think a person with a staff, psychic abilities, magic, and sci-fi technology has a lot potential to be a very unique fighter. A lot of people focus just on the staff and though I agree it should be her primary weapon I think she should use all her potential if able.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
She's been in the last three actual new games, so she has importance plenty. But ghe possibility for a 4th StarFox character is just really, really small. But I'd sure as hell take her over anyone. And preferably with the staff as well.

D

Deleted member

Poor vixen...

Don't get me wrong, I support Krystal's inclusion, as I really appreciated SFA.

But I'm wondering... Where the hell comes from fanboys' hatred about her ?

I'm just asking, because she's really appreciated in Europe (in France at least).

If it's because of the game where she first appeared, let me tell that haters should have taken more views about the freaking game's title and its genre, and to learn more about its development.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Poor vixen...

I'm just asking, because she's really appreciated in Europe (in France at least).

If it's because of the game where she first appeared, let me tell that haters should have taken more views about the freaking game's title and its genre, and to learn more about its development.
I don't support Krystal, but I can't deny she could appear in SSB4 and has potential for a unique moveset.

Even if I hated her, I could simply judge her from a gameplay standpoint. I don't let bias cloud my judgement, unlike other people here.

On your last point: some people simply have close minded views.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Maybe cause of her slightly sexualised role, and people on the internet 'picked that up' in a way. :rolleyes: Can't think of anything else.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Maybe cause of her slightly sexualised role, and people on the internet 'picked that up' in a way. :rolleyes: Can't think of anything else.
All reasons to like or hate a character are bias, pure and simple. It's human nature.

Her sexualized role is nothing more than fanservice. They were likely catering to the furries and those get some hate on the Internet.

In that point, I agree with you.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Wow. I am suprised her name is not Blue Foxo. More in line with the pattern. Wolf, Falco, Fox, Pigma.

We want creativity. How about a mad scientist who made himself into a planettoid sized head with hands. Here he is before his evolution.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Poor vixen...

There's a couple of things.

1. The arbitrary idea that having four Starfox characters is too much, even if all four play entirely differently because everyone just looks at who it is and now how they play.
2. Krystal's fanbase was considered to be obnoxious, but not to the extent that was Ridley.
3. People were thinking it'd be either Wolf or Krystal. Wolf won out so no one wants Krystal.
4. People are fickle with the characters as they don't care about most of them in reality and are just jumping on bandwagons.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Thanks N30N, added it to the front. I don't really like this thread. It usually ends up becoming a hate thread, or like Bowserlick is so pleasently displaying, "how about Andross, Leon, Slippy, anyone else"

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't think it's likely we gonna see Krystal, but if she managed to show up I'd be happy about it. Hopefully we'll see the StarFox series revived soon. And if Krystal is in the game with a significant role, chances are we gonna see her in Smash.

However, I have very small hope the series will ever evolve past StarFox 64 remakes at this pount...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I don't think it's likely we gonna see Krystal, but if she managed to show up I'd be happy about it. Hopefully we'll see the StarFox series revived soon. And if Krystal is in the game with a significant role, chances are we gonna see her in Smash.

However, I have very small hope the series will ever evolve past StarFox 64 remakes at this pount...
I've said this a bunch, but pretty much this

No, its very real that a reboot will happen that would take it back to 64. Much of the Star Fox fans want it, and even the gaming media is suggesting it.
There's no reason to even think that. Command won't matter, sure, but that's because it isn't cannon. Post Assault is what SFWiiU will be about. I've said this before, and I'll say it again. A reboot will not save the series, a good game will. REGARDLESS of Krystal's inclusion. A reboot =/= series saved. There's never been a reboot in Nintendos history (As far as I know) and no indication from any Nintendo employees that they don't like the newer installments or want to reboot the series.
Besides, even if they rebooted the series, they could always throw Krystal in halfway/at the end of the game, and this evil cycle start all over. :troll: Gators gonna gate.

Also, StarFox Wii U is what Miyamoto pretty much wants to see. We know the Metroid x Star Fox idea was scrapped for a different one, and it makes sense that it would be scrapped for a Metroid, or Star Fox solo title.

Really, StarFox is going to have a new title, and if it get's a debut trailer I'm sure we will know of Krystal's inclusion 15 seconds into the video.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Metroid x StarFox was seriously considered..!!?

Holy ballsack...

And I agree that only a good game could safe StarFox, not a reboot. Heck, they could even simply port Command and make it AMAZING and nobody would complain. The series has potential. They just need to realise this and optimalise it.

D

Deleted member

If a new Star Fox game does occur, you bet that I will be buying it. I've always been interested in the series and I think a Star Fox Wii U title has the potential to be the best one yet; providing it gets a developer.

Maybe we'll see the game at E3 2013?

Jak_spoon

Smash Journeyman
I have a question for you guys, if a new character isnt introduced in the starfox family what do you see more likely to happen, 1) Fox, Falco, amd Wolf stay the same. 2) one gets dropped and the other two experience a move change. or 3) they get three with move changes.

I just don't even think its possible to see four characters at one time. but then again i never thought starfox would have more characters than f zero so what do i know.

Top Bottom