• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

MagnesD3

Smash Master
There is so much wrong in this post.
1. Falco has had popularity prior to his Melee debut. In fact, it was what got in Melee in the first place over Wolf.
2. Falco is just a co-pilot? Try being 2nd in command for the team. The Spock to Fox's Kirk.
3. Krystal being the love interest makes her "important"? Well then, Candy Kong must mean a lot to the Donkey Kong series, since she's DK's love interest.
4. Listing a set of moves that FOX used with the staff doesn't help.
I can easily make a set that makes her cloned with or without the staff.
Krystal w/ Staff:
B: Firebolt. Fires just like a Blaster, just using the staff instead.
Side B: Krystal Enchantment. Like Fox Illusion, Krystal dashes forward. The only difference is that she does ice damage.
Up B: Rocket Boost. Like Fire Fox, but with no fire (so more like Fire Wolf/Wolf Shoot), and she moves staff-first.
Down B: Barrier. Just like Reflector, only with the staff's barrier power.

Krystal without Staff:
B: Blaster.
Side B: Krystal Enchantment. Same as before, but no ice damage.
Up B: Fire Vixen. Just like Fire Fox, but with Krystal instead.
Down B: Reflector.

And just for fun, let's revamp Falco a bit, shall we?
B: Blaster. Same as it was before, but he uses two Blasters instead and alternate shots, similar to his debut cutscene from the SSE.
Side B: Sniper Rifle. Using the Sniper Rifle he has in this image:

Falco aims with the Control Stick, then fires a fast, powerful shot by pressing the B button again. He then puts it away after shooting.
Up B: Homing Launcher Lift. Using the Homing Launcher he has in this image:

Falco shoots downwards, propelling himself into the air. The shot will lock on to people near it's line of fire.
Down B: Reflector. Same as before with the kicking.

And for more fun, let's give him a new Final Smash.
Sky Claw: Falco hops in his personal vehicle from Command, and can fly around and shoot with it.

5. Since you're going off on Specials only, then Wolf copies Fox to a "tee" aside from his Side B making up fly diagonally instead of straight.
That's how stupid your logic is.
Krystal would use the staff its hers for christ sake and could use all the powers, falcos technically could be uncloned but I dont think its worth the time since he is not that important, It basically comes down to u think falco is more important than krystal and i think krystal is more important that falco, the moveset is easy for her and not so easy for him (without cloning), I consider someone like krystal will be important to the plot in future star fox games via kidnapping/her past/she is a pseudo psychic. I think she has more tools than falco to use as a character and is overall more unique (and important) I feel she can add alot while falco will add slim to nothing. Also the candy kong comment is stupid, candy kong cant do anything, krystal is a fighter, pilot and psychic, and speaks multiple languages :p.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
These arguments keep going in circles... I thought we already established that importance isn't even a prerequisite, yet here we are arguing about importance.

I also find it amusing that the "Krystal support thread" is more like a "Krystal debate thread." I honestly had no idea she had so many anti-supporters. >.>
It shouldn't be a surprise to you honestly. You keep stating that importance doesn't matter (sounds like an excuse, or denial), but importance or not Krystal isn't a good choice for another SF rep (if we ever need another rep).

@GoldenYuiitusin
Your last post made me grin, like really hard. Seems accurate imo.

:phone:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
These arguments keep going in circles... I thought we already established that importance isn't even a prerequisite, yet here we are arguing about importance.

I also find it amusing that the "Krystal support thread" is more like a "Krystal debate thread." I honestly had no idea she had so many anti-supporters. >.>
Im surprised by all the hate as well, I remember before brawl wolf and krystal were tied in popularity. Back then there was a ton of love for great characters, the boards convinced me of a ton of characters to like. But alot of the love for certain characters has washed away, ( cept ridley and k rool).

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Krystal would use the staff its hers for christ sake and could use all the powers, falcos technically could be uncloned but I dont think its worth the time since he is not that important, It basically comes down to u think falco is more important than krystal and i think krystal is more important that falco, the moveset is easy for her and not so easy for him (without cloning), I consider someone like krystal will be important to the plot in future star fox games via kidnapping/her past/she is a pseudo psychic. I think she has more tools than falco to use as a character and is overall more unique (and important) I feel she can add alot while falco will add slim to nothing. Also the candy kong comment is stupid, candy kong cant do anything, krystal is a fighter, pilot and psychic, and speaks multiple languages :p.
Comparing Krystal to Candy Kong wasn't comparing those traits. It was concerning the love interest aspect of it.

You saying that YOU can see Krystal being important in future games is the same as me saying that I could see Falco being important in future games.

Also keep in mind that Krystal isn't nearly the same as Peach is to Mario. Krystal isn't a damsel in distress in pretty much any way. That argument is invalid as well.

AND if the "cloned" moveset of Falco is such an issue, then lets talk about getting rid of Luigi, Ganondorf and Lucas while we're at it. It really isn't as bad as it is made out to be.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Comparing Krystal to Candy Kong wasn't comparing those traits. It was concerning the love interest aspect of it.

You saying that YOU can see Krystal being important in future games is the same as me saying that I could see Falco being important in future games.

Also keep in mind that Krystal isn't nearly the same as Peach is to Mario. Krystal isn't a damsel in distress in pretty much any way. That argument is invalid as well.

AND if the "cloned" moveset of Falco is such an issue, then lets talk about getting rid of Luigi, Ganondorf and Lucas while we're at it. It really isn't as bad as it is made out to be.
Ganon is the only real clone out of those, luigi plays nothing like mario, lucas plays nothing like ness, however I do feel luigi should get his vacuum, lucas needs some different specials and ganon ALOT of changes, all i consider more important to their series than falco, I feel the cool love interest with unique properties is better than the cool co pilot that matters to fox but not as much as wolf/krystal. I can see arguements for falco to a degree but he just isnt worth the effort of making him fun, unlike wolf or krystal, they did a great job with wolf (I was scared they would screw him into a clone) and krystal is just easy to make as a character and would be the only character with a staff. I just feel the falco fandom is misplaced (in the smash bros sense) i feel all he did was steal alot of fox's priority in his moves, and almost made wolf not happen.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
It shouldn't be a surprise to you honestly. You keep stating that importance doesn't matter (sounds like an excuse, or denial), but importance or not Krystal isn't a good choice for another SF rep (if we ever need another rep).:phone:
An excuse? Have you not been reading anything I've been saying?

Saying "x" character shouldn't be in Smash 4 because "x" character isn't important in their respective series is flawed reasoning. I'll repeat once again that if "importance" is a pre-requisite for making it into Smash 4 then there are MULTIPLE wanted characters that have no business making it into Smash 4. That's just silly.

If a character is popular enough and can bring something new to the table in terms of a unique play style then that character deserves to be in Smash.

MagnesD3

Smash Master

Saying "x" character shouldn't be in Smash 4 because "x" character isn't important in their respective series is flawed reasoning. I'll repeat once again that if "importance" is a pre-requisite for making it into Smash 4 then there are MULTIPLE wanted characters that have no business making it into Smash 4. That's just silly.

If a character is popular enough and can bring something new to the table in terms of a unique play style then that character deserves to be in Smash.
I feel importance matters to a degree, especially when they represent a franchise or multiple franchises.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Speaking multiple languages doesn't help her chances at all. Neither is her being "psychic", which isn't she's a telepath, which is different then having telekinetic powers. If she used her telepathic ability in smash it would be 100% useless.

Another thing. You do realize why she has an unnecessary large fan base right? She's not this ground breaking important character you seem to claim her to be.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Speaking multiple languages doesn't help her chances at all. Neither is her being "psychic", which isn't she's a telepath, which is different then having telekinetic powers. If she used her telepathic ability in smash it would be 100% useless.

Another thing. You do realize why she has an unnecessary large fan base right? She's not this ground breaking important character you seem to claim her to be.

Im saying she is the 3rd best character to represent the star fox franchise, (telepath, sry its been a while since i played.) Just the simple fact she has a great moveset, is foxes love interest, would have a great sfa stage, and would add a female to the roster, is enough for me to pull for her to be put in the game. Star fox is one of my favorite series ever (Even though it has been **** on) and Fox, Krystal, Wolf just seems like the perfect fit.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I feel importance matters to a degree, especially when they represent a franchise or multiple franchises.
To a certain extent yes it does but there are very few "unimportant" characters that are wanted in Smash. Everyone is important somehow. It's a subjective debate that means very little in terms of a character's chances.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
...Where the hell have you been for the last 10 years? Of course a lot of people dislike Krystal, it's pretty much a fact at this point!

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945

Implying she can bring something interesting to the table.

Importance isn't even the main reason why I'm against her inclusion to smash 4's roster. Have you even acknowledged everyone's arguments against Krystal's inclusion?

@MagnesD3

lol, are you ****ing serious?

MagnesD3

Smash Master

Importance isn't even the main reason why I'm against her inclusion to smash 4's roster. Have you even acknowledged everyone's arguments against Krystal's inclusion?

@MagnesD3

lol, are you ****ing serious?
Of course I'm serious jeez Krystal would b great

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Krystal would not be great, it would actually be kinda be terrible.

Seriously, people hate Krystal a lot. How would Super Smash Bros. change any of this? How would including such a despised character be in anyway good?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
...Where the hell have you been for the last 10 years? Of course a lot of people dislike Krystal, it's pretty much a fact at this point!
I joined in '08 I was never around for character speculation like I am now.

Please elaborate on this.

Importance isn't even the main reason why I'm against her inclusion to smash 4's roster. Have you even acknowledged everyone's arguments against Krystal's inclusion?:phone:
To answer your question, yes I have. That doesn't change the fact that multiple people are bringing up her importance to the series as if it's a solid reason as to why she shouldn't be in Smash 4.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Of course I'm serious jeez Krystal would b great

Especially with her SF adventures outfit respectfully. Sex appeal>everything.:troll:

Also you've mentioned a sfa stage before. I can agree with this.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Krystal never did any of that stuff. At all. She did use fireballs to try and shoot down General Scales's battleship, but none of those other attacks were used by Krystal. They were used by Fox, who as you should know is kinda the character that used the staff more so then Krystal ever did in the whole game.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
You know it was her staff and she already knew all those moves right, and even if she didn't somehow they could give them to her it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out dude, you just don't like Krystal for no logical reason, dang hater

MagnesD3

Smash Master
True but I'm pretty sure she knows all of them by heart she's had the staff her whole life and trained with it I'm pretty sure fox was the underdog Krystal just happened to be trapped in a crystal

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Please elaborate on this.
Everyone pretty much covered everything as far as her being unique or not. There isn't anything that she can do that Fox couldn't do with the magic stick that's over used as a "good" argument for her potential to be a unique character in smash. GoldenYuiitusin's last post with her B special move sets is one of several examples. Krystal's telepathy would be useless when playing her. Being a female is an obvious bad arguement, it shouldn't matter what gender you are and having a vagina doesn't give you free pass...or being Fox's love interest. She's just here to look pretty. I mean Rare created her for **** sake, they have many sexualized female characters from their IPs. Krystal just adds on to that list.

D

Deleted member

Not that important? He's the bloody 2nd in command for the team. If being kidnapped "will be important to plot", how about a part in the plot where Fox temporarily can't run the team, so Falco has to take charge while Fox cannot? Or did something like that not cross your mind as it doesn't involve Krystal?
And what about Falco's past? We know that before he joined the StarFox team, he was part of a intergalatic gang, and we've seen another former member in Katt Monroe. Future plot point in the series could involve the other members of the team.
And then we got this: http://starfox.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Fox:_Farewell,_Beloved_Falco
If Falco was so unimportant, why did he get his own manga?

Krystal is just a on-off love interest tag along that wasn't originally a StarFox character to begin with. And the last time the series tried to make it a plot point, the story ended up sucking and making Krystal look bad as a character.

And not so easy? I gave a non-cloned moveset that make Wolf's look pathetically cloned.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
To be fair though, Falco got his own manga because it was essentially explaining why Falco quit Star Fox and was missing in Star Fox Adventures for the majority of the game.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Troll keep wanting ur stupid clone u can have him. I'm done trying to enlighten you, Krystal is a good character and if u can't comprehend that then it's not my problem.

Here, take this with you.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Krystal never did any of that stuff. At all. She did use fireballs to try and shoot down General Scales's battleship, but none of those other attacks were used by Krystal. They were used by Fox, who as you should know is kinda the character that used the staff more so then Krystal ever did in the whole game.
Zelda never used any of her specials except transforming into Sheik. Ness has only one PSI move he actually learns in Earthbound. All of Lucas' specials are Kumatora's.

Now please tell me how that exempts her.

D

Deleted member

Troll keep wanting ur stupid clone u can have him. I'm done trying to enlighten you, Krystal is a good character and if u can't comprehend that then it's not my problem.

The thing is, Krystal may be a "good" character (at least she's not someone like Oikonny or Panther), but Falco is also a good character, if not better. And he earned his spot.

Krystal by all means can be the 4th SF character (even if I'd rather have Slippy), but taking out Falco is unacceptable.
Especially for bogus reasons such as "he's a clone". So? Make him uncloned. It isn't hard to do.
And aside from that Krystal is no better, staff or no staff. While yes, she can be non-cloned, at the same time, she could be easily cloned as well. Just like Falco.

So really, if anyone needs to be enlightened, it's you.

God u r all pretty illogical, I hate "x" cuz well I just hate it, what idiots.
Same can be said for you with your poor sense of logic.
I don't hate Krystal because "I just do". I hate her because of fanboys like you that overstate her importance and undermine the other characters even going as far as to say either Falco or Wolf should be cut for her for heavily irrelevant reasoning such as "she has a staff", "she's female" and "she's more important because she's the love interest".

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Your reasons for falco are so invalid it's insane you criticize me for wanting Krystal when there hasn't been one reason you've given that makes him more important than Krystal or more unique I might add. You have still yet to give falco more good points tha Krystal has and that is ultimately why you are incorrect in wanting falco over Krystal.

D

Deleted member

Your reasons for falco are so invalid it's insane you criticize me for wanting Krystal when there hasn't been one reason you've given that makes him more important than Krystal or more unique I might add. You have still yet to give falco more good points tha Krystal has and that is ultimately why you are incorrect in wanting falco over Krystal.

Seriously, dude?
You have yet to prove why Krystal is more important.
Explain how a tag-along on-off love interest who wasn't going to be a part of the series to begin with is more important than the 2nd in command for the team?

You also have yet to prove how Krystal is more unique.
The staff is not a logical answer, as it can easily clone Fox just as easily as it can be different.

If I haven't proven anything, then the only thing you've proven is that you're a blind ignorant Krystal fanboy, arguably the worst I've ever had the displeasure to listen to. And before you try to accuse me of being a Falco fanboy, I'm a Wolf fan first and foremost. Slippy comes second to me, as I tend to favor the underdogs.

I will give you one last chance to actually give a sound argument that isn't blind fanboyism. If you cannot, then you will be deemed a fool and be ignored.

Top Bottom