• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Peppy=original Star Fox member/smash candidate/50-50 unique or semi clone
Slippy= mechanic/2nd most important, useful member of team/smash candidate/50-50 unique or semi clone
Krystal=smash candidate/50-50 unique or semi clone
Fixed. There was some nit picking with your original post.

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Slippy is my number two after Krystal. I root for Krystal more simply because she is that missing puzzle piece to the franchise set. Main Protagonist, Antagonist/ Anti-Hero, Sidekick, Love interest. Fits the bill and would match a familiar series in the roster.

I wouldn't discredit Slippy completely to be honest. He has merits of his own, but in terms of representation, Krystal just makes more sense.
Personally, I root for Krystal because I'd like to see the Star Fox franchise, in regards to Smash Brothers, become vindicated.

Most of the talk I find online regarding the Star Fox characters in Smash are complaints on how "clone-like" their specials are. I don't even need to mention their Final Smashes. All of the bashing on the Star Fox franchise with Smash Brothers proliferated to the point of becoming somewhat disheartening. The talk online comes off as if people don't even feel that Star Fox could produce any fighters that are unique.

I understand that Sakurai and his team could further divvy up these characters to bring a fresh feel for Star Fox in Smash Brothers. However, I feel that Krystal would be the perfect addition to punctuate such a change, as she definitely has potential to be a fresh, unique addition from the Star Fox franchise (one that doesn't have to rely on Fox-variant specials).

Last edited:

Weavel

Smash Ace
You shouldn't put too much thought into the lylat cruise conversation. Krystal was just the person on the team who got in the last word wanting to fight. If the order was switched around between her Slippy and Peppy, and Slippy was the one who got the last word with Krystal's exact dialog than people wouldn't use this desperate excuse for an "easter egg" as a plus for her chances in smash 4.

As far as her popularity, well you should thank the West for obvious reasons. Yes I went there.
The only other character to insinuate a possible inclusion was pit from melee and he got into brawl, and now we had krystal talking the good **** so I feel her chances are feasible. We already had chrome talking the good **** in captain falcon video so he will probably be in the sequel to ssb4!

Aurora Sparkle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aurora-Sparkle
So I decided it wasn't worth "debating" with that Miiverse guy over Krystal's inclusion, and started just deleting his posts (because sorry, Caps Lock spam is the point I stop listening to you, lol) and this is what he responds with:

Just...

I think I need about 5 Aspirins after reading that...

Weavel

Smash Ace
So I decided it wasn't worth "debating" with that Miiverse guy over Krystal's inclusion, and started just deleting his posts (because sorry, Caps Lock spam is the point I stop listening to you, lol) and this is what he responds with:

Just...

He sounds eight.

Also did you correct him on his lies?

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945

Just...

Wow, that guy wasn't even trying. He couldn't even spell Krystal's name correctly. He couldn't spell at all.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
You know what? It's probably a guy who doesn't know proper English. Even a 6 year old could put out coherent sentences.

Weavel

Smash Ace
He probly thinks master chief or goku should be in ssb4.

Link him to this forum so he can see what we think of him?

Last edited:

NewGuy79

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I root for Krystal because I'd like to see the Star Fox franchise, in regards to Smash Brothers, become vindicated.

Most of the talk I find online regarding the Star Fox characters in Smash are complaints on how "clone-like" their specials are. I don't even need to mention their Final Smashes. All of the bashing on the Star Fox franchise with Smash Brothers proliferated to the point of becoming somewhat disheartening. The talk online comes off as if people don't even feel that Star Fox could produce any fighters that are unique.

I understand that Sakurai and his team could further divvy up these characters to bring a fresh feel for Star Fox in Smash Brothers. However, I feel that Krystal would be the perfect addition to punctuate such a change, as she definitely has potential to be a fresh, unique addition from the Star Fox franchise (one that doesn't have to rely on Fox-variant specials).
I'can't agree more with this, it always bothered me how similar all the Star fox reps were. ya they were changed a bit in brawl but the similarities that the shared were just to glaring to ignore. thematically their special have seemed off to me too, why in the world is Falco the guy who loves flying, is arguably the best flyer in Star fox, the one rep who gets the worst air mobility out of the 3.

I hope that Sakurai really takes his time implements some significant changes and additions to the Star fox reps and any new ones added.

Just...

eh its just some guy trying to rain on others parades, his goal is probably more discourage/annoy Krystal fans then to actually make up legit arguments for or against her.

Just ask the Ridley guys they got a lot of these kinds of people yelling at them.

Last edited:

Aurora Sparkle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aurora-Sparkle
You know what? It's probably a guy who doesn't know proper English. Even a 6 year old could put out coherent sentences.
That's what I was assuming too.
-and i didn't even bother responding again- I just blocked him lol.

I don't think my brain could handle any more of his "logic" behind Krystal's chances of being in a SSB game, bad at English or not.

I totally don't mind debating Krystal with someone who actually brings up relevant points to why they personally think she wont be in the new game- but things like "It's sexist!" Or "Lol Nintendo will get amended because Rare has Copyright" are not real reasons, and just really REALLY, ignorant.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
I'can't agree more with this, it always bothered me how similar all the Star fox reps were. ya they were changed a bit in brawl but the similarities that the shared were just to glaring to ignore. thematically their special have seemed off to me too, why in the world is Falco the guy who loves flying, is arguably the best flyer in Star fox, the one rep who gets the worst air mobility out of the 3.

I hope that Sakurai really takes his time implements some significant changes and additions to the Star fox reps and any new ones added.
There is hope, though.

Many of the newcomers (in terms of being uniquely developed) are being treated, arguably, like royalty. This could bode well for Krystal.

However, the fact that they simply just nerfed some of Fox's moves, as a change to his move set, has me worried about Falco and Wolf.

Last edited:

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
You left out the people who were suggested and got in...Don't leave them out.
yeah. but do you really think King Dedede, Diddy Kong, Ike, Captain Olimar got in just cause 4-5 ppl suggested them on Smash Dojo? i'm quite sure they did more research than using that. Coupled with other factors. Such as adding a new series (Pikmin: Captain Olimar) or promoting the most recent release (Fire Emblem: Ike). Thats why i don't think that "poll" is that big of a deal.

They seem like characters that were bound to get in anyways...

It still was official and noted. Geno had no chance due to company differences and Ridley was already planned to be a boss for story purposes. I will agree it's not much but he was still grown aware.

I've also read that he's seen polls from other sources, which Krystal was frequently associated with. Again, another internet read that could be false, but I know for a fact that Sakurai looks to various sources to determine who is trendy. Wolf was selected due to Japan popularity. Now Krystal is still popular and has the West on her side.
Even if it weren't for the company issue, i still think Geno wouldn't have been put in anyway. I mean, hes been in like one Mario game lol (and it was a side game)

and yes, i have read Chronobound's post on what the japanese fans want and apparently new Star Fox characters aren't commonly requested at all by them.

Last edited:

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
yeah. but do you really think King Dedede, Diddy Kong, Ike, Captain Olimar got in just cause 4-5 ppl suggested them on Smash Dojo? i'm quite sure they did more research than using that. Coupled with other factors. Such as adding a new series (Pikmin: Captain Olimar) or promoting the most recent release (Fire Emblem: Ike). Thats why i don't think that "poll" is that big of a deal.

They seem like characters that were bound to get in anyways...

Even if it weren't for the company issue, i still think Geno wouldn't have been put in anyway. I mean, hes been in like one Mario game lol (and it was a side game)

and yes, i have read Chronobound's post on what the japanese fans want and apparently new Star Fox characters aren't commonly requested at all by them.
High amount of Chrome requests came up and you saw what they did with him. (Falcon punched him into nothing but in robin's final smash.)

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

Just...

This guy is increasingly reminding me of some people I know. He doesn't care about how valid his arguments are. In his mind, he needs to be right and wants to tear down anyone who doesn't think what he thinks.

Or maybe he's attacking the Krystal supporters in effigy because he's a furry in denial and he's uncomfortable about it. Who knows. >_>

NewGuy79

Smash Journeyman
There is hope, though.

Many of the newcomers (in terms of being uniquely developed) are being treated, arguably, like royalty. This could bode well for Krystal.

However, the fact that they simply just nerfed some of Fox's moves, as a change to his move set, has me worried about Falco and Wolf.
ya man I think so too, if Krystal gets in we'll definitely see some unique things from her. Sakurai's track record so far for the newcomers of this game is spotless for me.

I wouldn't worry about the move sets to much thats just a balancing issue, I'm acutely worried for Falco and Wolf for a different reason, that being how custom move sets are gona effect them.

I got a kinda theory here so bare with me.

so far we have potential information that can let us determine all of Fox's custom options for his neutral B.

we got a glimpse of a "charge laser" on the results screen of a smash run game on nintendo's treehouse live streams which I believe may be one of them ( it was listed as an up special but it was later confirmed by a nintendo rep that there were errors on the directions for the custom move sets).

more recently in the comic- con stream one of the rep let a comment slip in which he basically said that one of fox's custom moves was a "laser that flinches" just like Falco's, the rep of course bit his tongue when he said this which in turn just made it more suspicious. (I don't have a time stamp for this comment as of yet so I can't 100% confirm)

However that got me to thinking " just how many variations could they make for the blaster?" and the answer is basically not much, pair this Idea with the fact that Sakurai is willing to use different characters as alts for existing ones as proven by Lucian's development (she was set to be a Marth alt costume up until Sakurai and team were able to find enough differences between her and Marth to warrant her being her own character).

put these two Ideas together and we get a really peculiar situation for are loveable Star Fox reps.

here we got three reps with vary similar models ( only varying in style and hight due to their stances), with very similar specials (which frankly can be seen as just variations of the Fox's) and were left in a situation ware either:
1. Star fFox reps will end up being very similar even with their custom move sets.
2. the reps will be heavily altered or changed to avoid the first point
or...
3. one or both of the reps ( Falco and Wolf ) may be "demoted" to alts of fox due to much of their similarities

It could go either way but the fact that we've gotten so little Star Fox news with this game just increases my fears, all in all Star fox fans are gona be in for a ride once this one hit store selfs.

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
ya man I think so too, if Krystal gets in we'll definitely see some unique things from her. Sakurai's track record so far for the newcomers of this game is spotless for me.

I wouldn't worry about the move sets to much thats just a balancing issue, I'm acutely worried for Falco and Wolf for a different reason, that being how custom move sets are gona effect them.

I got a kinda theory here so bare with me.

so far we have potential information that can let us determine all of Fox's custom options for his neutral B.

we got a glimpse of a "charge laser" on the results screen of a smash run game on nintendo's treehouse live streams which I believe may be one of them ( it was listed as an up special but it was later confirmed by a nintendo rep that there were errors on the directions for the custom move sets).

more recently in the comic- con stream one of the rep let a comment slip in which he basically said that one of fox's custom moves was a "laser that flinches" just like Falco's, the rep of course bit his tongue when he said this which in turn just made it more suspicious. (I don't have a time stamp for this comment as of yet so I can't 100% confirm)

However that got me to thinking " just how many variations could they make for the blaster?" and the answer is basically not much, pair this Idea with the fact that Sakurai is willing to use different characters as alts for existing ones as proven by Lucian's development (she was set to be a Marth alt costume up until Sakurai and team were able to find enough differences between her and Marth to warrant her being her own character).

put these two Ideas together and we get a really peculiar situation for are loveable Star Fox reps.

here we got three reps with vary similar models ( only varying in style and hight due to their stances), with very similar specials (which frankly can be seen as just variations of the Fox's) and were left in a situation ware either:
1. Star fFox reps will end up being very similar even with their custom move sets.
2. the reps will be heavily altered or changed to avoid the first point
or...
3. one or both of the reps ( Falco and Wolf ) may be "demoted" to alts of fox due to much of their similarities

It could go either way but the fact that we've gotten so little Star Fox news with this game just increases my fears, all in all Star fox fans are gona be in for a ride once this one hit store selfs.
but custom movesets does not affect a character's chance of making it back as lucina is evidence of that even though she is a new comer and near direct clone of marth ima put it like this falco is coming back it is just a matter of time before we the public know until then we can speculate all we want about who is and who is not coming back and wolf why would he not come back we are in major need of villains and he has popularity on his side and it would be a stretch to say if he his left out there will be backlash form the smash community ultimately they are the trio that represents star fox perfectly just like Mario has his sidekick luigi and his rival bowser fox has his sidekick falco and his rival wolf

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
but custom movesets does not affect a character's chance of making it back as lucina is evidence of that even though she is a new comer and near direct clone of marth ima put it like this falco is coming back it is just a matter of time before we the public know until then we can speculate all we want about who is and who is not coming back and wolf why would he not come back we are in major need of villains and he has popularity on his side and it would be a stretch to say if he his left out there will be backlash form the smash community ultimately they are the trio that represents star fox perfectly just like Mario has his sidekick luigi and his rival bowser fox has his sidekick falco and his rival wolf
Mario has that and his love interest peach...Just saying (Cough Krystal Cough)

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
But Falco's not a sidekick. And if you look at it from Falco's point of view he wouldn't want to be one either. I don't really like the whole main character/sidekick/villain/love interest criteria that people use for wanting characters because if people are going to use that then it should apply to other series. If that criteria were to be better used for Star Fox than the reps should be more like this:

-Fox
-Slippy
-Andross
-Krystal

Last edited:

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman

And not only that, Mario also has a relatively recent supporting character with Rosalina...Tricky confirmed for Smash!
:troll: detected
but that love interest is extra to the point I was trying to make in that comparison of super Mario to star fox
Or just compare it to mario in general and star fox. We could say the same for Donkey Kong but were missing a villain from there. Also a few of the characters and franchises in the roster don't follow that.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
that's actually pretty cool! but the game needs hype at release time, so krystal could be without a video, or a Zelda person could be last.
Why can't Sakurai have two newcomer trailers, that will hype the game up

Just...

The guy's a moron, plain and simple

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Isn't the best argument for krystal being that with her staff from adventures (In spite of the relative dislike for that game) she would bring a unique and interesting moveset to smash that no other character has brought yet? I guess you could argue it may be close to Sword striked like FE reps, but I highly doubt that's an argument that stands, as any amount of research would show sword and Staff stances and fighting techniques are very different.

Also anyone thinking Falco's final smash should involve the Arwing, while Krystal's makes use of Tricky in some way maybe?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Isn't the best argument for krystal being that with her staff from adventures (In spite of the relative dislike for that game) she would bring a unique and interesting moveset to smash that no other character has brought yet? I guess you could argue it may be close to Sword striked like FE reps, but I highly doubt that's an argument that stands, as any amount of research would show sword and Staff stances and fighting techniques are very different.

Also anyone thinking Falco's final smash should involve the Arwing, while Krystal's makes use of Tricky in some way maybe?
The unfortunate thing is that's the only thing Krystal has to her benefit (no, being a female isn't a benefit to her getting added, otherwise she'd have been in Brawl). Yes, a staff-based moveset would work wonders and it'd be very unique and original. Unfortunately, not only does Palutena already somewhat fill that niche, she even uses magic attacks similar to the attacks Krystal would be able to use, too (based on Krystal's magic spells from Adventures). That's a huge blow to Krystal's originality.

Of course, the fact that Krystal hasn't used her staff since Adventures doesn't help much, either.

The other issue is that Star Fox hasn't had a new game in almost 10 years, and has very few games in the series as a whole. There's also a lot of other characters that, frankly, should just be in the game before Krystal is.

Now, I'm not denying the chances of Krystal being playable or anything. Yes, she's got a chance, but I don't think its very high. (And again, I DO support Krystal. There's just a ton of characters I'd rather have before her.)

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Why are you guys trying to put logic into what her chances are? By looking at Sakurai's current list you'll know that there isn't any clear pattern to this. Weren't there three rules for a Smash character to be eligible? I remember one was that it had to be a character that people would want to play. Do you know a single person who wanted Wii Fit Trainer BEFORE her release?

I don't really remember the other two.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Sakurai sometimes (often) says things as excuses, but then changes his mind about it.

I don't think looking into his words will make us understand how he chooses characters.

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
Because Star Fox isn't getting a newcomer trailer. :troll:
Honestly every time I see that avatar of yours I expect to see something stupid. Lol
And agreeing with these guys. I'm sure we covered the fact that Sakurai probably won't care I mean he was working on a game for it so he should know about and that fact alone throws away you stating that star fox not having a game would drop her chances. Also I assume your getting a little nervous seeing the end if the list of newcomers and your choices haven't came in yet...the dk franchise..right?

Last edited:

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
What's with all the negative comments for these past few days? This is a Krystal support thread is it not. Also enough with the debates about how sales of franchises, or how x amount of games effects how many reps a series gets in a Super Smash Bros. game. I find those discussions very overrated, and pointless when its clealy obvious that no one knows how Sakurai's brain ticks in terms of choosing new characters for Super Smash Bros.

By the way I wonder why they're so tight lipped about Fox's custom move options. It seems like they're trying to hide something that we shouldn't know about Fox just yet.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
What's with all the negative comments for these past few days? This is a Krystal support thread is it not. Also enough with the debates about how sales of franchises, or how x amount of games effects how many reps a series gets in a Super Smash Bros. game. I find those discussions very overrated, and pointless when its clealy obvious that no one knows how Sakurai's brain ticks in terms of choosing new characters for Super Smash Bros.

By the way I wonder why they're so tight lipped about Fox's custom move options. It seems like they're trying to hide something that we shouldn't know about Fox just yet.
The negativity comes with the hype. It's happened to pretty much every hyped character. I also agree, Sakurai is an unpredictable lad.

NewGuy79

Smash Journeyman
I don't think that the Mario franchise has really set the standards for which reps should be added or not but that not the point, what I'm suggesting in my theory is nothing definitive but simply possible outcomes and to be frank Falco in a near clone of fox as evident in melee. they did try to differentiate Falco in brawl but all they attempted to change was like 4 of his A moves not much by any means, and ya while having one of the Star Fox reps be demoted would be really disappointing having all there special be the same for each one would be just as disappointing IMO.

anyway those are just 2 of the 3 possibilities that I list Ideally I would want number 2 too happen, but that begs the question if the Star fox reps are all gona get re worked then will they have time to add a new one?

who knows...

also here are the video's that gave me the idea for my theory

It's a conspiracy against us Star Fox fans if you ask me...

Last edited:

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
The unfortunate thing is that's the only thing Krystal has to her benefit (no, being a female isn't a benefit to her getting added, otherwise she'd have been in Brawl). Yes, a staff-based moveset would work wonders and it'd be very unique and original. Unfortunately, not only does Palutena already somewhat fill that niche, she even uses magic attacks similar to the attacks Krystal would be able to use, too (based on Krystal's magic spells from Adventures). That's a huge blow to Krystal's originality.

Of course, the fact that Krystal hasn't used her staff since Adventures doesn't help much, either.

The other issue is that Star Fox hasn't had a new game in almost 10 years, and has very few games in the series as a whole. There's also a lot of other characters that, frankly, should just be in the game before Krystal is.

Now, I'm not denying the chances of Krystal being playable or anything. Yes, she's got a chance, but I don't think its very high. (And again, I DO support Krystal. There's just a ton of characters I'd rather have before her.)
I see, that is true Paletuna does have a lot of moves like what the staff could bring. I just thought that would work better then another laser shooter landmaster using person Like Wolf and Falco are at the moment.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Palutena isn't physical as much as she is a caster. Krystal's maneuvering of staff effects would be physical and elemental as opposed to Palutena who casts spells by hand. Also, two staff fighters would be fine when we have 7+ swordsmen. People will have defended Shulk and Lucina for uniqueness with their blades but Krystal sharing a staff with one other character is a crime?

Top Bottom