• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Ok I got to say this, I remember an interview when miyamoto or someone related to nintendo was being interviewed and he acknowledge furries as being fans of star fox. I don't remember what else he said, but that was just something that really stood out in that interview. Big game devs usually don't mention furries.
Just because Cuthbert and Q-Games won't be doing Star Fox Wii doesn't mean it won't be made. "Maybe they'll go back to Namco," he speculates. "Star Fox is an interesting brand. It has a very hardcore audience. People like those furries a little too much."

http://kotaku.com/5198261/star-fox-creator-wont-do-a-barrel-roll-on-wii

Was it the interview with Dylan Cuthbert?

I guess you could chalk it up as a demographic if that was your aim. If Sakurai shares that mentality, then Krystal makes all the more sense. :troll:

Weavel

Smash Ace
Just because Cuthbert and Q-Games won't be doing Star Fox Wii doesn't mean it won't be made. "Maybe they'll go back to Namco," he speculates. "Star Fox is an interesting brand. It has a very hardcore audience. People like those furries a little too much."

I guess you could chalk it up as a demographic if that was your aim. If Sakurai shares that mentality, then Krystal makes all the more sense. :troll:
If memory serves, games with animal characters usually don't sell as well as games with more realistic characters or a balance between them.

Aurora Sparkle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aurora-Sparkle
I think this is more funny

I can already tell they have a bias if they refer to Star Fox Adventures as "Stair Fax Temperatures"

"LOL randumb funny name xD xD!"
Yeaaa... I love Jontron, but Lawl.
Anyone who calls it that is usually trolling and trying to spark up some raeg.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
If memory serves, games with animal characters usually don't sell as well as games with more realistic characters or a balance between them.
I was going to say "SONIC SONIC SONIC SONIC" and then I remembered his games didn't sell anywhere near as good as Call of Duty or Grand Theft Auto. You may have a point there.

Weavel

Smash Ace

Also I just read this interview and have a whole new respect for miyamoto. I would make a twitter just to praise this guy seriously. Does he have a twitter or somewhere he goes frequently online where I might have a chance for him to hear my comment?

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Also I just read this interview and have a whole new respect for miyamoto. I would make a twitter just to praise this guy seriously. Does he have a twitter or somewhere he goes frequently online where I might have a chance for him to hear my comment?
Unfortunately, I don't have the information you're looking for. A Google search should turn up something official looking. Just avoid the trolly impersonation accounts and you should be good.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Its ridiculous to ever make her a clone because she is a lot less experienced with guns and has a staff with amazing combo potential and commonly associated with martial artists, and they now have a rep to utilize all that. Its like saying give links moveset to ganon despite the fact they are obscenely different. You know why stop there? Lets give bowser's moveset to peach.

Fire emblem reps? Not a lot to really go on to make a totally different moveset for them.
Because Ganondorf being a cap falcon clone makes sense...you are assuming that the only reason there are clones in smash is because the devs were unable to imagine them unique movesets. i'm pretty sure that the man who managed to make a racer into a fighter so iconic that the racer have used that moves in other media would look at ganondorf and have tons of potential ideas. yet he ended a clone only because he had a lower priority that say, zelda or bowser and they run out of time. maybe the ideas they had for him just simply didn't worked and they didn't had time to rework them. sometimes something looks amazing in paper, but just doesn't work.

Krystal obviously have potential to be unique. If enough time would have put on lucina, she could also have been unique. but they didn't had that time and she worked as a clone. is just saying that fire emblem have 4 reps when they really have 3,2 aprox in amount of work. all that i was saying is that the notion of "if they had time to work on 4 fire emblem characters they have time to work on 4 star fox characters" isn't aplicable, because they didn't worked on 4 FE characters. thats the only point i'm making, (and that clones don't happen because devs low imagination). thats all. (although some guy pointed a nice comparasion with falco being lucina, but not the point :v)

I would love to ask you how there isn't enough to make unique FE characters, but that would be very offtopic.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203

It's the irrational hatred of a barely intelligible red-faced Krystal detractor. For every "furry" there is in this fanbase, there's 20 of him. Even if it were the case that Nintendo were stepping on toes, I'm sure RARE would be biting at the lip to get something going after seeing their flagship character Banjo (who I think would benefit from an appearance) fall into a slump.
Yeah, but 5 out of those 20 people can actually give good points as to why Krystal shouldn't be in SSB4 while the other 15 are just a bunch of idiots.
Krystal is my most wanted newcomer btw. :)

King K. Rystal

Smash Rookie
The guy is an idiot, plan and simple.

Dude I got an idea, three spinoff games released on the EShop for Wii U, one is called Star Fox: Krystal Adventures which is a prequel of sorts, it begins with Krystal's life on Cerinia, the planet's destruction and how Krystal survived it, how she got to Sauria, her part of Adventures, the events of Assault through her eyes, the events of Command through her eyes, and either the Kursed ending, her rejoining Star Fox, or her becoming part of Star Wolf for good, and the other one is Star Wolf, which explains the origins of Wolf, Panther, and Leon, throughout all of the games, and even Star Fox: Legacy, involving the original Star Fox team and the formation of the 2nd Star Fox team
Unnecessary fanfiction alert: That just gave me another idea. So the ending where Dash Bowman, Andross's Grandson, revitalizes Venom and the ending where Fox and Krystal have a kid named Marcus, who starts the third Starfox team converge. At this point the war on Venom that was mentioned in the Dash ending has been won against Dash's favor. Not knowing where to go, he retreats to Sauria. Meanwhile a sickly Krystal gets a distress signal from King Tricky that General Scales has started another war and his army is somehow more powerful than before. Due to Krystal being Marcus's mother, Marcus also has the ability to receive these stress calls. Fox cannot go to Sauria with Marcus because he must care for Krystal. Krystal has a flashback, providing some insight on how she ended up on Dinosaur planet. Marcus and the new Starfox team are strolling through space when Marcus hears the stress call. The team heads to Dinosaur Planet where blasters have been strictly outlawed by King Tricky to prevent what happened earlier in the events of Starfox Assault. Marcus still has Krystal's staff, which she gave him when he started the new Star Fox team. All characters of Starfox are playable, Marcus wields the staff, Slippy's son is given an old war axe wielded by a Sharpclaw soldier in the events of Adventures by King Tricky, Peppy's granddaughter finds a trident in Cape Claw, and Falco goes in bare handed and uses the same type of fighting skills as he does in the Smash Bros. series. Fox and Slippy's grandson look for clues to General Scales's whereabouts, and Peppy's Granddaughter is contacted by a Krazoa Spirit and led to a force point temple where she uses the Trident she found to open the door. General Scales kidnaps her and steals the Spellstone inside. Game switches you to Fox, who is talking to Peppy's daughter Lucy about Krystal and it is explained that Lucy is now looking after her while Fox heads to Aquas to get Slippy because he has a feeling things will go wrong on Sauria. As he passes over the paranoid nation of Venom, he is attacked because they see him as a threat. Epic old school Starfox level ensues. Then it skips ahead to Falco, and it is revealed that he lost his transmitter and cannot contact the Starfox team. He befriends the Skyrunner tribe.

I don't feel like writing anymore than that but basically at the end it's revealed that Dash and Wolf were helping General Scales all along and an epic 300 style battle ensues with Marcus, Slippy's son and Peppy's grandaughter fighting alongside the Skyrunners and the Earthwalkers who have settled their differences with Falco's help, and Fox, Falco, and Slippy have a free roam battle against Star Wolf in the skies above. Also sorry if there's some rule about things that don't really have to do with smash bros on this site, I kinda got carried away.

Last edited:

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
Because Ganondorf being a cap falcon clone makes sense...you are assuming that the only reason there are clones in smash is because the devs were unable to imagine them unique movesets. i'm pretty sure that the man who managed to make a racer into a fighter so iconic that the racer have used that moves in other media would look at ganondorf and have tons of potential ideas. yet he ended a clone only because he had a lower priority that say, zelda or bowser and they run out of time. maybe the ideas they had for him just simply didn't worked and they didn't had time to rework them. sometimes something looks amazing in paper, but just doesn't work.

Krystal obviously have potential to be unique. If enough time would have put on lucina, she could also have been unique. but they didn't had that time and she worked as a clone. is just saying that fire emblem have 4 reps when they really have 3,2 aprox in amount of work. all that i was saying is that the notion of "if they had time to work on 4 fire emblem characters they have time to work on 4 star fox characters" isn't aplicable, because they didn't worked on 4 FE characters. thats the only point i'm making, (and that clones don't happen because devs low imagination). thats all. (although some guy pointed a nice comparasion with falco being lucina, but not the point :v)

I would love to ask you how there isn't enough to make unique FE characters, but that would be very offtopic.
I don't think you understand buddy..Your saying the same thing over and I guess I gotta keep repeating myself. Fire emblem has Marth :4marth:, Ike :4myfriends:, Lucina :4lucina:, and Robin :4robinm::4robinf: Correct? I understand your point on lucina not taking long to make, but stands that she was not made in to a alt, but a character. Clone or not she is and remains a character on the roster. Meaning they have 4 reps.
Plus who is to say Falco and wolf has changed? For all we know they would take even less time to add.

Last edited:

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
uhm... sadly krystal name is still asociated to dinosaur planet and in that game krystal was frankly terrible.

Another thing you should consider is that fire emblem didnt get 4 reps, they get 3,2 reps at most, slots don't matter but character development time does. and i doubt people would be too happy with krystal being a fox clone :v

Wonder if krystal will be present in the new WiiU game, wasn't going to be a reboot? certainly is a good time to get krystal right...

@ ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox can you send me a link with the original image of your avatar? looks amazing
http://jecbrush.deviantart.com/art/Surrounded-347875875
You wanted the original image. Here ya go :D
Dang it double posted -_-

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I think it's safe to say the audience for games now are more geared to games being realistic compared to decades ago. I think games with animal characters, or anything that doesn't try to emulate real life has a lot more room for creativity.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Unnecessary fanfiction alert: That just gave me another idea. So the ending where Dash Bowman, Andross's Grandson, revitalizes Venom and the ending where Fox and Krystal have a kid named Marcus, who starts the third Starfox team converge. At this point the war on Venom that was mentioned in the Dash ending has been won against Dash's favor. Not knowing where to go, he retreats to Sauria. Meanwhile a sickly Krystal gets a distress signal from King Tricky that General Scales has started another war and his army is somehow more powerful than before. Due to Krystal being Marcus's mother, Marcus also has the ability to receive these stress calls. Fox cannot go to Sauria with Marcus because he must care for Krystal. Krystal has a flashback, providing some insight on how she ended up on Dinosaur planet. Marcus and the new Starfox team are strolling through space when Marcus hears the stress call. The team heads to Dinosaur Planet where blasters have been strictly outlawed by King Tricky to prevent what happened earlier in the events of Starfox Assault. Marcus still has Krystal's staff, which she gave him when he started the new Star Fox team. All characters of Starfox are playable, Marcus wields the staff, Slippy's son is given an old war axe wielded by a Sharpclaw soldier in the events of Adventures by King Tricky, Peppy's granddaughter finds a trident in Cape Claw, and Falco goes in bare handed and uses the same type of fighting skills as he does in the Smash Bros. series. Fox and Slippy's grandson look for clues to General Scales's whereabouts, and Peppy's Granddaughter is contacted by a Krazoa Spirit and led to a force point temple where she uses the Trident she found to open the door. General Scales kidnaps her and steals the Spellstone inside. Game switches you to Fox, who is talking to Peppy's daughter Lucy about Krystal and it is explained that Lucy is now looking after her while Fox heads to Aquas to get Slippy because he has a feeling things will go wrong on Sauria. As he passes over the paranoid nation of Venom, he is attacked because they see him as a threat. Epic old school Starfox level ensues. Then it skips ahead to Falco, and it is revealed that he lost his transmitter and cannot contact the Starfox team. He befriends the Skyrunner tribe.

I don't feel like writing anymore than that but basically at the end it's revealed that Dash and Wolf were helping General Scales all along and an epic 300 style battle ensues with Marcus, Slippy's son and Peppy's grandaughter fighting alongside the Skyrunners and the Earthwalkers who have settled their differences with Falco's help, and Fox, Falco, and Slippy have a free roam battle against Star Wolf in the skies above. Also sorry if there's some rule about things that don't really have to do with smash bros on this site, I kinda got carried away.
You meant CloudRunner tribe

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Looks like there may be nothing today. Still the game launches in 49 days. If there's more than the Gematsu two then there's bound to be something newcomer related in at least 25 days

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Looks like there may be nothing today. Still the game launches in 49 days. If there's more than the Gematsu two then there's bound to be something newcomer related in at least 25 days
Still don't know why people keep bringing it up considering the fact that Chrom basically killed it... And even then, why do people keep assuming the entire roster will be announced before release? They may be more sparing on announcing characters this time, but I still don't think we'll get the entire roster before the Japanese release.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Still don't know why people keep bringing it up considering the fact that Chrom basically killed it... And even then, why do people keep assuming the entire roster will be announced before release? They may be more sparing on announcing characters this time, but I still don't think we'll get the entire roster before the Japanese release.
Well every newcomer has a trailer and all trailer s will be included with the game. I don't think we'll get all veterans before launch but they can't afford to let the trailers go to waste.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well every newcomer has a trailer and all trailer s will be included with the game. I don't think we'll get all veterans before launch but they can't afford to let the trailers go to waste.
Not been confirmed, just most newcomers will get trailers. Sakurai stated that they've almost exhausted their character videos... note the "videos" part. He didn't say they were almost through announcing newcomers, so honestly, that seems to blatantly imply not all newcomers will get a trailer.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Not been confirmed, just most newcomers will get trailers. Sakurai stated that they've almost exhausted their character videos... note the "videos" part. He didn't say they were almost through announcing newcomers, so honestly, that seems to blatantly imply not all newcomers will get a trailer.
And if the past is any indication, especially with Star Fox, we wouldn't get a dedicated trailer. If Krystal's in the game, then she would most likely be left for you to find out.

Unless they change that idea.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
He also mentioned that he enjoys customizing Fox's specials, especially Up B, where he said something like this:

"I like to save my customized Up B as much as possible as Fox. This way, when I use it, other people will be like 'what the heck was that?!'"

Last edited:

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
what do you think that could mean? I dont like the sounds of it really

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
And if the past is any indication, especially with Star Fox, we wouldn't get a dedicated trailer. If Krystal's in the game, then she would most likely be left for you to find out.

Unless they change that idea.
The only thing that's for sure about Sakurai is that nothing's for sure, and why wouldn't Sakurai have a reveal trailer for such a popular character like Krystal?

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Till roster reveal?
Yeah. There's a good chance we're going to get the entire roster days before Japan's launch. They've done well in covering up leaks for the most part (LMAO), but down the stretch, I figure someone will get a copy they shouldn't have and spoil it soon as they get the chance.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Could Krystal be in the final newcomer reveal trailer?
And I have some ideas for new final smashes
Falco-Arwing Assault-Falco says "Personally I prefer the air", and gets into an Arwing, and flies around the stage, for ten seconds, Falco can fire the Arwing's lasers the occasional bomb
Wolf-Star Wolf-Wolf calls for backup, and Panther and Leon bombard the stage from the air

Last edited:

King K. Rystal

Smash Rookie
Double Post
One thing is for sure. It appears that nobody brings you gifts anymore...

@ IanTheGamer IanTheGamer He's probably leaving Mewtwo a secret, so he could do the same with Krystal.
AHH YOU READY.... TO WARP?

Could Krystal be in the final newcomer reveal trailer?
And I have some ideas for new final smashes
Falco-Arwing Assault-Falco says "Personally I prefer the air", and gets into an Arwing, and flies around the stage, for ten seconds, Falco can fire the Arwing's lasers the occasional bomb
Wolf-Star Wolf-Wolf calls for backup, and Panther and Leon bombard the stage from the air
I always thought it would be cool if Krystal's final smash was her on her Cloudrunner dude from the start of Adventures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom