• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Haters gon' hate.

It's barely even understandable, but someone is clearly butthurt about recent Krystal support.

When the Starfox Pic of the day was posted, I'd say like 75% of the comments were centered around Krystal- most of them supporting her inclusion.

i mean, yeah shes not gonna be in Smash 4 but its definitely not cause of that silly reason he just made up.

King K. Rystal

Smash Rookie
uhm... sadly krystal name is still asociated to dinosaur planet and in that game krystal was frankly terrible.

Another thing you should consider is that fire emblem didnt get 4 reps, they get 3,2 reps at most, slots don't matter but character development time does. and i doubt people would be too happy with krystal being a fox clone :v

Wonder if krystal will be present in the new WiiU game, wasn't going to be a reboot? certainly is a good time to get krystal right...

@ ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox can you send me a link with the original image of your avatar? looks amazing
I'm pretty sure they haven't said anything about when the game takes place but if they ditch all those endings from Starfox Command and keep it going with the current crew, it would be the perfect time to add Krystal because it would somewhat advertise the new game.

Weavel

Smash Ace
Double Post Warning Received
uhm... sadly krystal name is still asociated to dinosaur planet and in that game krystal was frankly terrible.

Another thing you should consider is that fire emblem didnt get 4 reps, they get 3,2 reps at most, slots don't matter but character development time does. and i doubt people would be too happy with krystal being a fox clone :v

Wonder if krystal will be present in the new WiiU game, wasn't going to be a reboot? certainly is a good time to get krystal right...

@ ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox can you send me a link with the original image of your avatar? looks amazing
You know nothing of krystal If you think she would be a clone, she is rumored to carry shock rod and has staff skills to utilize it.

I'm pretty sure they haven't said anything about when the game takes place but if they ditch all those endings from Starfox Command and keep it going with the current crew, it would be the perfect time to add Krystal because it would somewhat advertise the new game.
Star fox command really fleshed out her personailty more, and if they go with the normal ending then it will all be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Eh 4 characters 4 slots. See it how you want still 4 people. If Krystal was revealed it would be insane if Sakurai made her a clone. She has to bring something unique especially if wolf and falco are the same. Sakurai is a smart man...he can make her unique Sure I'll get it for ya.
Exactly. A 5 year old could think up an original moveset for this character. Hell, there's a fan game out that mixed staff attacks with Assault weapons (sniper rifle and blaster) and it looked cool as ****. I'm pretty sure a pro like Sakurai would spend all of 30 minutes getting the ideas for Krystal's movelist.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
You know nothing of krystal If you think she would be a clone, she is rumored to carry shock rod and has staff skills to utilize it.
either you are being too defensive or i'm having problems redacting.
People says that because fire emblem have 4 reps, starfox can have 4 reps getting an original krystal. the thing is that FE fourth rep is Lucina who is a marth clone meaning that the development team didn't bothered to spend much time on her. (biggest time sinks of the development team is designing a character gameplay, coding such gameplay, doing animations, hitboxes and hurtboxes, and balancing and constant tweaking everything else so it does'nt collapse on itslef) when you clone a character, all that timesinks are gone, except for minor balancing and tweaking. with the time they used to design and create robin they could probably implemented every FE lord in the game being a marth clones. so slots really doesn't matter. time does. mii fighter may have only one slot, but as sakurai already pointed, it consumed almost 3 characters development time. same with pokemon trainer in brawl.

while is true that falco started as a fox clone, he have been pretty luigified, so im' pretty sure that he uses way more development time than a simple clone, and wolf isn't a fox clone. (similar? maybe, but technicallly? nope).

Lucina have the same potential that everyone to be a completely original character, but the team had this decision, we don't have time to make her an original character, but she would work as a marth clone and it would take us a fraction of that time.

I'm just pointing that the whole FE have 4 reps so starfox can easily have also 4 original reps isn't valid. unless krystal or falco went being a full fox clone. does this means that krystal is deconfirmed? no, does this points that she needs to be a clone? neither. we can't know how much developer time the space animals uses while having similar atributes, nor the priority or the time teh team wanted to spend in starfox, maybe a full fledged newcomer for starfox was planed? maybe not, only the team knows.

i'm only pointing that the 4 FE characters so we should have an original krystal argument is kinda sloppy.

Iaeyan Elyuex

Smash Rookie
She'd be a good addition. Think about it. Fox? Blaster. Falco? Slower blaster. Wolf? Slow, powerful blaster. All three of them have the Tank. I don't know why Wolf had a tank. Fox could use his tank, Falco could use his Arwing, Wolf could call his gang to shoot up the stage.

Krystal, though... She could charge her staff while moving, sort of like the Cracker Launcher, then fire a charged shot. She could use the Quake move for a Down A attack. Her Final Smash could be a supercharged staff beam.

She's so different in origin from the rest of the space animal people, I can't see her being a clone of Fox.

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
People says that because fire emblem have 4 reps, starfox can have 4 reps getting an original krystal. the thing is that FE fourth rep is Lucina who is a marth clone meaning that the development team didn't bothered to spend much time on her. (biggest time sinks of the development team is designing a character gameplay, coding such gameplay, doing animations, hitboxes and hurtboxes, and balancing and constant tweaking everything else so it does'nt collapse on itslef) when you clone a character, all that timesinks are gone, except for minor balancing and tweaking. with the time they used to design and create robin they could probably implemented every FE lord in the game being a marth clones. so slots really doesn't matter. time does. mii fighter may have only one slot, but as sakurai already pointed, it consumed almost 3 characters development time. same with pokemon trainer in brawl.

while is true that falco started as a fox clone, he have been pretty luigified, so im' pretty sure that he uses way more development time than a simple clone, and wolf isn't a fox clone. (similar? maybe, but technicallly? nope).

Lucina have the same potential that everyone to be a completely original character, but the team had this decision, we don't have time to make her an original character, but she would work as a marth clone and it would take us a fraction of that time.

I'm just pointing that the whole FE have 4 reps so starfox can easily have also 4 original reps isn't valid. unless krystal or falco went being a full fox clone. does this means that krystal is deconfirmed? no, does this points that she needs to be a clone? neither. we can't know how much developer time the space animals uses while having similar atributes, nor the priority or the time teh team wanted to spend in starfox, maybe a full fledged newcomer for starfox was planed? maybe not, only the team knows.

i'm only pointing that the 4 FE characters so we should have an original krystal argument is kinda sloppy.
So what Lucina didn't take a lot of time to create? More time to work on Krystal. Lol Point stands..she has her own place in the roster and forums unlike the female robin..

NewGuy79

Smash Journeyman
taking about time and how it effect character creation and roster size is kinda redundant IMO, what the hell do any of us know about the character creation process and how much time/effort or "space" it takes up for this game.

we could literally argue in circles for hours on this topic without any progress so I feel it's better to speculate on what we know and part of that is the notion the if fie emblem ( a relatively niche franchise through out its life) can get 4 reps then we might have a chance too.

(I know its not much to go on but its all we got)

Aurora Sparkle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aurora-Sparkle

Well if we're gonna be Technical about it, Starfox Adventures is NOT Dinosaur Planet. At least in my eyes. It may have started out that way, but it became a completely and utterly different game from what was originally envisioned by the time development on it was finished, and honestly it really saddens and infuriates me when people blame Krystal for ruining the Starfox series.

If anything, the Starfox Series/Nintendo ruined Krystal's series: Dinosaur Planet. Before their interference with Rare's original title, Krystal was going to be a much more interesting character: a strong female protagonist with an intriguing backstory, and a main role in the game to boot. Who knows what direction she could have gone in if we got the original story that was drawn up for her, and not the garbage role that Nintendo shoved her into by shoehorning Starfox into the series and destroying all relevance she had as a character to become nothing but eye candy/ a love interest for Fox.

She still has the potential to be a good character, but Nintendo has to give her that chance. -and frankly I think it's deserved, considering they all but destroyed her original chances at becoming a well known and respected character.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Well if we're gonna be Technical about it, Starfox Adventures is NOT Dinosaur Planet. At least in my eyes. It may have started out that way, but it became a completely and utterly different game from what was originally envisioned by the time development on it was finished, and honestly it really saddens and infuriates me when people blame Krystal for ruining the Starfox series.

If anything, the Starfox Series/Nintendo ruined Krystal's series: Dinosaur Planet. Before their interference with Rare's original title, Krystal was going to be a much more interesting character: a strong female protagonist with an intriguing backstory, and a main role in the game to boot. Who knows what direction she could have gone in if we got the original story that was drawn up for her, and not the garbage role that Nintendo shoved her into by shoehorning Starfox into the series and destroying all relevance she had as a character to become nothing but eye candy/ a love interest for Fox.

She still has the potential to be a good character, but Nintendo has to give her that chance. -and frankly I think it's deserved, considering they all but destroyed her original chances at becoming a well known and respected character.
Yeah, Krystal could be much much more than just a love interest, Nintendo can do strong female protagonists, just look at Zelda and Samus, they can make Krystal more fleshed out, and could make her a better character, especially if they add on foot missions, having Krystal using her staff in the on foot missions to supplement her blaster

Weavel

Smash Ace
Krystal has a backstory they just need her to pursue it, her whole planet was destroyed and she hasn't a clue how. They could make a whole game on that single topic alone.

And in star fox command she is a pretty strong female character that doesn't take ****.

Its ridiculous to ever make her a clone because she is a lot less experienced with guns and has a staff with amazing combo potential and commonly associated with martial artists, and they now have a rep to utilize all that. Its like saying give links moveset to ganon despite the fact they are obscenely different. You know why stop there? Lets give bowser's moveset to peach.

Fire emblem reps? Not a lot to really go on to make a totally different moveset for them.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Yup, sorry, starfox adventures. I remembered seeing dinosaur planet when it was still on the n64 in a magazine and it looked really exciting. too bad star fox adventures happened :s.
Assault was a cool game, although the most memorable part of story was starwolf in general. in that game krystal was a little bland (still better than adventure though), but that could be said of other characters too. But I really liked how they developed her a little more in command, the only problem was that it was command. So im kinda looking forward what do they do in Starfox WiiU.

Edit:grammar correction

Last edited:

Weavel

Smash Ace
Yup, sorry, starfox adventures. I remembered seeing dinosaur planet when it was still on the n64 in a magazine and it looked really exciting. too bad star fox adventures happened :s.
Assault was a cool game, although the most memorable part of story was starwolf in general. in that game krystal was a little bland (still better than adventure though), but that could be said of other characters too. But I really liked how they developed her a little more in command, the only problem was that it was command. So im kinda looking forward what do they do in Starfox WiiU.

Have you played star fox adventures? Because it was a very fun and memorable game, and no one was saying It was bad except origin loyalists who believe games should never innovate and just simply get graphic updates if anything.

People still say dinosaur planet looked interesting but they don't deny that adventures was fun and I love that game.

Last edited:

NewGuy79

Smash Journeyman

you and me both, I love the original 4 members of the team but one of the reasons that I'm such a fan of the series is because it's one of Nintendo's only franchises that seems like it has a narrative an lore to it ( aside from Metriod , my #2 fav). I really hope that with Star fox wiiU dose not abandon all the new characters that the series has introduced over the years. that being said the series gameplay wise needs a new direction that can expand off of its arcade roots.

Aurora Sparkle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aurora-Sparkle
Have you played star fox adventures? Because it was a very fun and memorable game, and no one was saying It was bad except origin loyalists who believe games should never innovate and just simply get graphic updates if anything.

People still say dinosaur planet looked interesting but they don't deny that adventures was fun and I love that game.
I still really enjoyed Starfox Adventures, and I had a lot of fun playing it- but personally I can't say that after seeing a lot of the Beta footage from Dinosaur Planet, I didn't get a little sour about how badly they butchered that title. A lot of the original concepts seemed so cool, and I loved the way Krystal fought with her staff, as well as her overall role in the game.
From time to time I do feel a little saddened that we never got that game, but there's no use crying over it I guess.
All i can do is hope that Nintendo doesn't completely abandon Krystal before giving her a real chance to shine in a game.

Weavel

Smash Ace
you and me both, I love the original 4 members of the team but one of the reasons that I'm such a fan of the series is because it's one of Nintendo's only franchises that seems like it has a narrative an lore to it ( aside from Metriod , my #2 fav). I really hope that with Star fox wiiU dose not abandon all the new characters that the series has introduced over the years. that being said the series gameplay wise needs a new direction that can expand off of its arcade roots.
I remember hearing long ago they wanted to make a sequel to star fox command and have an idea for it, not really anything to suggest they won't continue that idea now or reboot the series.

King K. Rystal

Smash Rookie
I remember hearing long ago they wanted to make a sequel to star fox command and have an idea for it, not really anything to suggest they won't continue that idea now or reboot the series.
What if they took the ending from Starfox Command where Fox and Krystal have a kid named Marcus and he starts a new Starfox team with Falco and a few other people, and then they make a Starfox Adventures sequel where Tricky is like way older and it could elaborate more on what the Krazoa are. Sauria would look insane in HD.

Weavel

Smash Ace
I still really enjoyed Starfox Adventures, and I had a lot of fun playing it- but personally I can't say that after seeing a lot of the Beta footage from Dinosaur Planet, I didn't get a little sour about how badly they butchered that title. A lot of the original concepts seemed so cool, and I loved the way Krystal fought with her staff, as well as her overall role in the game.
From time to time I do feel a little saddened that we never got that game, but there's no use crying over it I guess.
All i can do is hope that Nintendo doesn't completely abandon Krystal before giving her a real chance to shine in a game.
Its never pleasant to hear but you could say they made the right call, it wouldn't have gotten a lot of sales at the end of the consoles cycle, I just wish you could have played krystal more in adventures and just meet star fox on the way.

Prince17

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
Phaz#755
NNID
Legendlar
3DS FC
3840-7049-1098
Falco is a specials clone so I don't see why Fox & Falco are considered different enough while Marth and Lucina aren't. And even then Wolf is somewhat similar but not a total clone which would definitely be equal if not less development time to develop Fox, Falco and Wolf than it is to develop Marth, Ike and Lucina. Also @ Aurora Sparkle Aurora Sparkle I really hope you rub it in those Miiverse dummies faces if Krystal is revealed. One other thing, your art was even noticed on Reddit!

Weavel

Smash Ace
What if they took the ending from Starfox Command where Fox and Krystal have a kid named Marcus and he starts a new Starfox team with Falco and a few other people, and then they make a Starfox Adventures sequel where Tricky is like way older and it could elaborate more on what the Krazoa are. Sauria would look insane in HD.
I think they should just go with the mild ending where they all just simply team up again and fly off. If krystal has a kid it would be harder if not impossible to find what happened to her world.

King K. Rystal

Smash Rookie
I think they should just go with the mild ending where they all just simply team up again and fly off. If krystal has a kid it would be harder if not impossible to find what happened to her world.
They could always do a prequel, I'm sure they could even give Krystal a series of games if they wanted, what with the whole joining Starwolf and then quitting Starwolf and becoming a lone fighter ending. There's so many possibilities, it's difficult to speculate what they're gonna do next.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion

I played it, i was expecting it a lot, i was hyped by dinosaur planet since the n64 days, and i though, hey its now a starfox game like starfox 64 (a game that i loved that time) and have elements of ocarina of time! (another game i loved that time). so i purchased it just a little before it came out.but oh dang. it was so friggin LINEAR, i felt that they were draggin me trough the game with a rope. Well i beaten a dungeon I wonder what I will ... shut up slippy i wanted to figure that myself withouth you telling me exactly what to do!!! at least some locations being prety..Now i'm finally at the end and i will beat general scale in an epic fight and resolve all the tensions and WHAT!? what does andross does here? were is my epic fight against scales.

Sadly for me adventures was a big disapointment, for lots of reason, but the bigger one was the utter linearity in a kind of game that exploration is supposed to be a thing, and I also felt that needing to advance the story was tedious when everything was given to me gift wrapped. cleary the game wasn't ready so they formed a team to rush it and added starfox just to sold it a little better. if I played it again, i'm not sure if i would be able to keep my interest enough to finish it : /

In fact I played asault years before it was out because I had lost all interest in starfox.I have to admit that we had some real quality fun in that multiplayer.

Edit: whats wrong with my grammar? need sleep

Last edited:

Aurora Sparkle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aurora-Sparkle
Aaaannnd the butthurt intensifies.

Just Lol.
He actually thinks that Rare has a copyright on Krystal and that Nintendo can get in trouble for using her. lmfao.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Yeah... if that was the case, Krystal wouldn't have been in Assault or Command.
The guy is an idiot, plan and simple.
They could always do a prequel, I'm sure they could even give Krystal a series of games if they wanted, what with the whole joining Starwolf and then quitting Starwolf and becoming a lone fighter ending. There's so many possibilities, it's difficult to speculate what they're gonna do next.
Dude I got an idea, three spinoff games released on the EShop for Wii U, one is called Star Fox: Krystal Adventures which is a prequel of sorts, it begins with Krystal's life on Cerinia, the planet's destruction and how Krystal survived it, how she got to Sauria, her part of Adventures, the events of Assault through her eyes, the events of Command through her eyes, and either the Kursed ending, her rejoining Star Fox, or her becoming part of Star Wolf for good, and the other one is Star Wolf, which explains the origins of Wolf, Panther, and Leon, throughout all of the games, and even Star Fox: Legacy, involving the original Star Fox team and the formation of the 2nd Star Fox team

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
He actually thinks that Rare has a copyright on Krystal and that Nintendo can get in trouble for using her. lmfao.
It's the irrational hatred of a barely intelligible red-faced Krystal detractor. For every "furry" there is in this fanbase, there's 20 of him. Even if it were the case that Nintendo were stepping on toes, I'm sure RARE would be biting at the lip to get something going after seeing their flagship character Banjo (who I think would benefit from an appearance) fall into a slump.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion

It's the irrational hatred of a barely intelligible red-faced Krystal detractor. For every "furry" there is in this fanbase, there's 20 of him. Even if it were the case that Nintendo were stepping on toes, I'm sure RARE would be biting at the lip to get something going after seeing their flagship character Banjo (who I think would benefit from an appearance) fall into a slump.
As I said before, the guy is an idiot, plan and simple

Luminario

Smash Lord

I wouldn't really say Falco is Luigified. aside from a few moves like his jab or reflector he uses the exact same animations as Fox which cuts down development time quite a bit. Falco is essential a Starfox Lucina, a few moves and taunts and properties are completely different but other than that they're pretty much the same. Falco most definitely shouldn't be removed and neither should Wolf but in Smash 4 Krystal could be Starfox's Robin with Falco being its Lucina and Wolf being its Ike. There we go THE CIRCLE IS COMPLETE.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I wouldn't really say Falco is Luigified. aside from a few moves like his jab or reflector he uses the exact same animations as Fox which cuts down development time quite a bit. Falco is essential a Starfox Lucina, a few moves and taunts and properties are completely different but other than that they're pretty much the same. Falco most definitely shouldn't be removed and neither should Wolf but in Smash 4 Krystal could be Starfox's Robin with Falco being its Lucina and Wolf being its Ike. There we go THE CIRCLE IS COMPLETE.
Great idea!!!!

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Yeah... if that was the case, Krystal wouldn't have been in Assault or Command.
Unless Microsoft didn't realize they owned her and they've just been letting her slide. Would spell wonders for other completely lesser known characters from Rare. Who here wants Taj as a playable character?!

D

Deleted member

Unless Microsoft didn't realize they owned her and they've just been letting her slide. Would spell wonders for other completely lesser known characters from Rare. Who here wants Taj as a playable character?!
Just like the time they thought that they owned Donkey Kong?

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Microsoft doesn't own her, she was introduced in a game made by RARE using a NINTENDO owned IP, that's like saying that Pepsi can make Dr. Pepper since they don't own know they own the rights to make it, in some places they have a right to bottle it, but they can't make it, since Dr! Pepper isn't owned by them

D

Deleted member

Aaaannnd the butthurt intensifies.

Just Lol.
I think this is more funny

I can already tell they have a bias if they refer to Star Fox Adventures as "Stair Fax Temperatures"

"LOL randumb funny name xD xD!"

Weavel

Smash Ace

Ok I got to say this, I remember an interview when miyamoto or someone related to nintendo was being interviewed and he acknowledge furries as being fans of star fox. I don't remember what else he said, but that was just something that really stood out in that interview. Big game devs usually don't mention or acknowledge furries.

Last edited:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Microsoft doesn't own her, she was introduced in a game made by RARE using a NINTENDO owned IP, that's like saying that Pepsi can make Dr. Pepper since they don't own know they own the rights to make it, in some places they have a right to bottle it, but they can't make it, since Dr! Pepper isn't owned by them

Could of swore my post was lingering with sarcasm, guess it didn't come off strong enough.

Top Bottom