• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I don't think that the Mario franchise has really set the standards for which reps should be added or not but that not the point, what I'm suggesting in my theory is nothing definitive but simply possible outcomes and to be frank Falco in a near clone of fox as evident in melee. they did try to differentiate Falco in brawl but all they attempted to change was like 4 of his A moves not much by any means, and ya while having one of the Star Fox reps be demoted would be really disappointing having all there special be the same for each one would be just as disappointing IMO.

anyway those are just 2 of the 3 possibilities that I list Ideally I would want number 2 too happen, but that begs the question if the Star fox reps are all gona get re worked then will they have time to add a new one?

who knows...

also here are the video's that gave me the idea for my theory

It's a conspiracy against us Star Fox fans if you ask me...
I still want Falco to have dual blasters like in SSE. That was false advertising at it's finest. If he ends up not being the first alt character with his specials selectable for Fox then I'm curious as to how Sakurai is going to differentiate him again. Is he going to be even more flashier with dual blasters while becoming a bird version of Dante from Devil May Cry?

Weavel

Smash Ace
Palutena isn't physical as much as she is a caster. Krystal's maneuvering of staff effects would be physical and elemental as opposed to Palutena who casts spells by hand. Also, two staff fighters would be fine when we have 7+ swordsmen. People will have defended Shulk and Lucina for uniqueness with their blades but Krystal sharing a staff with one other character is a crime?
I cant call palutena a fighter as she is a caster, Krystal would be able to utilize martial artists prowess in her staff moves. take 0:20 or 8:14 in this vid for example, and there is much more then this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I still want Falco to have dual blasters like in SSE. That was false advertising at it's finest. If he ends up not being the first alt character with his specials selectable for Fox then I'm curious as to how Sakurai is going to differentiate him again. Is he going to be even more flashier with dual blasters while becoming a bird version of Dante from Devil May Cry?
Whoa whoa whoa whoa

This right here is gotta be more false advertising

Then again, there is this

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
I cant call palutena a fighter as she is a caster, Krystal would be able to utilize martial artists prowess in her staff moves. take 0:20 or 8:14 in this vid for example, and there is much more then this.
And it doesn't end there either. Sakurai is more than capable of being imaginative and giving Krystal physical-staff combative moves beyond what Fox could do in the game.

After all, he has given characters abilities that aren't even in their respective games before. Take Robin's Nosferatu move as an example.

Weavel

Smash Ace
And it doesn't end there either. Sakurai is more than capable of being imaginative and giving Krystal physical-staff combative moves beyond what Fox could do in the game.

After all, he has given characters abilities that aren't even in their respective games before. Take Robin's Nosferatu move as an example.
Hell just take the staff moves from kilik or xiba from soul cailbur and make it more awesome.

NewGuy79

Smash Journeyman
the funny thing is out of all Palutena's moves (from the ones we've seen) we've only seen her use her staff as a forward tilt, and even then she used the staff with random Goddess telekinesis so ya Krystal can be the physical acrobatic staff wilder while Palutena can be the magical staff wilder there 2 unique character who both use staffs

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig

Surely you would refer to Ness/Lucas, they clearly are using moves they never learned.

D

Deleted member

Have you played earthbound? I recognized a lot of their attacks.
Lucas never used the Rope Snake (Its Duster's) in Mother 3 & most of the PSI powers he uses are from Kumatora.

As for Ness, his PSI powers are from Paula & Poo's...the exception is PK Flash (Standard B move)

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Just noticed something odd.

The official Smash Brothers Facebook page posted everything Sakurai posted, except for the Star Fox: Assault Great Fox stage.
Take that with a grain of salt, they never post in order of announcement. Sometimes they skip a couple then randomly post them at a later date like nothing happened. No idea why but just roll with it.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Aside from the Wario leak, I fail to see what there was to be interested about. This event was ho-hum. Not that a weekend reveal in front of a live audience would have made any sense...

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Oh my god I still laugh hysterically at Wii Music. Being a drummer myself, I can't help but cringe at how poor the drummer's pantomiming is.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
I don't use the drum set, but I'm a percussionist. I agree wholeheartedly with what you just said.
Exactly! His maneuvers aren't even accurate for a drummer at a kit, but we're straying far from the topic.

So. if Krystal makes the game, how would we unlock her?

Weavel

Smash Ace
Exactly! His maneuvers aren't even accurate for a drummer at a kit, but we're straying far from the topic.

So. if Krystal makes the game, how would we unlock her?
I'm not totally sure of the modes in the game besides arcade and possibly adventure, but maybe have an event where the female characters are rescuing the males from their respective series and have the last one have krystal saving fox.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Now that I think about it, none of the abilities that the Star Fox characters have in Smash are used in any of the Star Fox games.

So much for being trained in martial arts, according the official series.

Oh yeah, that's right. Certain developers seem to be unable to produce innovative on-ground Star Fox experiences without vehicles. Quite frankly that's frustrating, in my opinion. *grumble grumble*

Yet in this sense, there's nothing restricting Sakurai and his team from giving Krystal a completely unique move set, even including things she's never done in the series (because, y'know, Fox can totally do the "Fox Illusion" in a Star Fox game). If Krystal gets in as a semi or quasi-clone, there would be no viable excuses. No Johns.

Time isn't even a viable excuse, because they can resort to DLC, if they so choose. DLC is theoretically as limited as the lifespan of the game itself, which is inevitably longer than the official developmental process.

Last edited:

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
Now that I think about it, none of the abilities that the Star Fox characters have in Smash are used in any of the Star Fox games.

So much for being trained in martial arts, according the official series.

Oh yeah, that's right. Certain developers seem to be unable to produce innovative on-ground Star Fox experiences without vehicles. Quite frankly that's frustrating, in my opinion. *grumble grumble*

Yet in this sense, there's nothing restricting Sakurai and his team from giving Krystal a completely unique move set, even including things she's never done in the series (because, y'know, Fox can totally do the "Fox Illusion" in a Star Fox game). If Krystal gets in as a semi or quasi-clone, there would be no viable excuses. No Johns.

Time isn't even a viable excuse, because they can resort to DLC, if they so choose. DLC is theoretically as limited as the lifespan of the game itself, which is inevitably longer than the developmental process.
There is no reason why Krystal should be a clone. Except for Sakurai's laziness or is he really that ignorant. Yeah I see what you mean. A few characters in the roster had that done as well.

Weavel

Smash Ace
They've taken numerous promotional art with krystal carrying various weapons. One of them was some sort of bomb. Potential is limitless.

Now thay I think about it, they could totally give wolf and falco original fighting styles now, such as giving wolf 2 machine guns or giving falco maybe the unlockable sniper rifle from assault? Wolf is seen wielding 2 machine guns when ever he wins a match. In assault multiplayer anyway.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not even the Blaster was originally included in Star Fox. That was first introduced in the original Smash Brothers on the 64.
I dunno, James McCloud is seen with a blaster in the intro of 64 (It was edited out of the 3DS remake though)

There is also this...this boggles my mind

(I don't even think people even know that Star Fox has been on-foot before Star Fox Adventures & it kind of angers me that they took that mode out in the 3DS remake)

Last edited by a moderator:

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
I dunno, James McCloud is seen with a blaster in the intro of 64 (It was edited out of the 3DS remake though)

There is also this...this boggles my mind

(I don't even think people even know that Star Fox has been on-foot before Star Fox Adventures & it kind of angers me that they took that mode out in the 3DS remake)
Man nobody can say that adventures music was bad...I loved it at least. When I played it a long time ago I was shocked to see so many people that disliked it. Its heart breaking. John troll didn't help..Especially with the reasoning behind it..I can't take it >.< Makes No Sense!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Man nobody can say that adventures music was bad...I loved it at least. When I played it a long time ago I was shocked to see so many people that disliked it. Its heart breaking. John troll didn't help..Especially with the reasoning behind it..I can't take it >.< Makes No Sense!
Well...in this time & age, nobody wants change to happen, it has to stay the same.

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
Well...in this time & age, nobody wants change to happen, it has to stay the same.
If they should be angry with anyone for star fox adventures it should be miyamoto not krystal..Game was gonna be dinosaur planet then he jammed star fox in there. Even though I still like it. If they didn't it isn't krystals fault and they shouldn't automatically hate her..

Last edited:

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
If they should be angry with anyone for star fox adventures it should be miyamoto not krystal..Game was gonna be dinosaur planet then he jammed star fox in there. Even though I still like it. If they didn't it isn't krystals fault and they shouldn't automatically hate her..
How did I double post ....Sorry mods

Last edited:

Weavel

Smash Ace
Didn't star fox adventures sell well? I'm pretty sure it did. Also adventures was highly praised, just not something for people to expect it playing like the original star fox games. But its not like mario stuck to side scrolling, series innovating is a wonderful thing and these unimaginative origin loyalists can **** off.

D

Deleted member

Didn't star fox adventures sell well?
Not as much as 64 or SNES but it did good considerin how the Gamecube was at the time. (And it sold over a million copies which for me is good enough considerin that it is Nintendo)

If you think about it, Star Fox has a much better attach rate than Metroid *gasp* (If you compare the numbers to the number of systems sold, you get this)

6.09% of SNES owners bought SF1.
12.24% of N64 owners bought SF64.
8.6% of GCN owners bought SFAd.
4.97% of GCN owners bought SFAs.
0.34% of DS owners bought SFC
1.78% if 3DS owners bought physical copies of SF643D.

Metroid: 4.41%
Metroid 2: 1.48%
Super Metroid: 2.89%
Prime 1: 12.97%
Fusion: 2.06%
Prime 2: 6.12%
Prime Hunters: 0.48%
Prime 3: 1.75%
Other M: 1.25%

If you look at other series attach rates such as Zelda, Star Fox is not doing too bad (Considerin that the budget is lower & it usually does not get the attention that Mario & Zelda games get) & those that think "Oh its doomed to suck forever, it don't sell well!" should chill out. IMO, there is no decline, it still reaches 1 million units sold (Which for some reason isn't good enough to people) & the attach rate is moderate. The only thing I'd comment on is Command & it wasn't because it was a terrible game (Although I'm not a fan of it), no, it was because it came in the era of "Touching is good" DS, it came out in the time when DS units were not selling good. Command was just a victim of timing...perhaps if they waited a bit more, it would help but that was then, this is now.

Also adventures was highly praised, just not something for people to expect it playing like the original star fox games.
Yep, thats most of the positive reviews in a nutshell.

But its not like mario stuck to side scrolling, series innovating is a wonderful thing and these unimaginative origin loyalists can **** off.
And it isn't like Zelda stuck to being an RPG Adventure, Zelda II: Adventure of Link has influenced the franchise & I find it laughable that people think its the worst Zelda game made (Not counting CDI)

Last edited by a moderator:

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
The assualt music was amazing to listen to as well. If a bit over the top to be playing missions on.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
What angers me the most is when people say that when they first saw the promotion for Adventures, they were prepared for a rail experience and some classic SF gameplay, but then were upset over the final product.

Why? Because they were TOLD WHAT THE GAME WAS GOING TO BE. Read ANY of the original Game Informers on it, the whole game's Adventure elements were shown early, so anybody saying that they bought it expecting the same SF experience was clearly not looking into it enough.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
What angers me the most is when people say that when they first saw the promotion for Adventures, they were prepared for a rail experience and some classic SF gameplay, but then were upset over the final product.

Why? Because they were TOLD WHAT THE GAME WAS GOING TO BE. Read ANY of the original Game Informers on it, the whole game's Adventure elements were shown early, so anybody saying that they bought it expecting the same SF experience was clearly not looking into it enough.
That's actually a very good point. The fans, at least majority of them knew what was coming when they saw the on foot screenshots. Maybe they were expecting a balance between the on foot gameplay and the rail shooter gameplay. There shouldve been a balance at least. It would been nice to see Fox in his arwing while on dinosaur planet or some sections of him riding a pterodactyl like with Krystal early in the game but with the barrel rolls, somersaults etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom