• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I had an idea long ago:
Star Fox Academy
Basically, the concept is that, after the Aparoid invasion in Assault, Fox and Wolf put aside their differences and become partners. However, when Krystal becomes pregnant with Fox's son, he retires and founds the Star Fox Academy, an organization that teaches young, aspiring heroes to become greater then what they would be on their own, with Peppy being Headmaster, Falco teaching Air Combat, Slippy teaching Mechanics, Krystal teahcing Land Combat, Wolf teaching Teamwork, Leon teaching Stealth, and Panther teaching Negotiation. 20 years later, Fox's son, Marcus, along with Slippy's son, Bubbly (lol), Peppy's granddaughter Lou Anne and Falco leading the team. Andross returns, and the new Star Fox tema is sent to stop him. However, Wolf has secretly trained his own team, consisting of his neice, Leon's illegimate son, a lion named Mane Stevenson and Panther's nephew. They secretly help Andross, but near the end of the game when Falco dies, they help the Star Fox team destroy Andross, along with the original Star Fox and Star Wolf team.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I saw someone post a Star Fox 64 styled Krystal somewhere. Rare that I see Krystal fanart that makes me do "Ooh!" rather than "AHCK!" If not in Smash 4, I think that's how Krystal should look in the next Star Fox game.

BTW what were the sales of Star Fox 64 3d?

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
D

Deleted member

StarFox 64 3D also fared poorly at review sites and in general reception. If that is the future of this franchise, maybe it's time we put this space animal down.

They need the passion they had making the original 64. That's the only way they'll get the same results.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
StarFox 64 3D also fared poorly at review sites and in general reception. If that is the future of this franchise, maybe it's time we put this space animal down.

They need the passion they had making the original 64. That's the only way they'll get the same results.
That was just cause it was just a remake and they didn't add much too it it's still a really good game in terms of gameplay

D

Deleted member

That was just cause it was just a remake and they didn't add much too it it's still a really good game in terms of gameplay
They did make some things worse like the soundtrack, in my opinion. I think they've lost sight of what makes a good Star Fox game.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
They did make some things worse like the soundtrack, in my opinion. I think they've lost sight of what makes a good Star Fox game.
Just hand it off to someone else like they did with metroid, f zero etc
I think either platinum or retro could make it awesome

D

Deleted member

Just hand it off to someone else like they did with metroid, f zero etc
I think either platinum or retro could make it awesome
Agreed. Although I doubt Retro would be into Star Fox, I think Platinum very well could fit. I doubt Nintendo themselves are capable.

D

Deleted member

Didn't some developer express interest in making a star fox title? I think it was platinum but i'm not sure.
It was Kamiya, a famous Platinum Games developer who has worked closely with Nintendo on Wonderful 101 and his company is making Bayonetta 2, both exclusive to the Wii U. Although there is nothing official, there's a small possibility Kamiya may be allowed to make a Star Fox game.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Guess Ill throw out my idea again for the next starfox game. I want it to be collaboration of Platinum, Retro, and Nintendo, they really need to put some effort into this one and turn this popular but kinda unexplored series into a blockbuster. In a nutshell want the game to be a combination of Star Fox 64, Bayonetta combat/various upgrade systems, and Mass Effect 3's third person shooter mechanics. It needs to be lengthy with a ton of depth and a great story. There would be a ton of vehicle missions you go through and it would be a bit unlinear like mass effect, the battle on ground would have you pick 2 other squad members on the ground helping you of your choice each with various abilities weapons armor and upgrades and the 3rd member covers you in their arwing. You can combo enemies with various moves from the games and from smash, in combination with shooting them with your blaster or whatever your holding, enemies can drop various items or money to help you on your journey.

Money is used back on the ship with slippy or ROB64 where you can upgrade moves, weapons, vehicles or even the Great Fox itself. There would be a ton of depth to each system as well as a ton of variety in different gameplay perspectives with a bunch of various mission and reasons for visiting worlds more than once, think of the map from mass effect in choosing which planet or path you wish to go through, there would also be a ton of awesome varied bosses. The game would take place in the Lylat system and another system connected to it through a wormhold near venom, peppy is now in general peppers position, slippy is now a full time mechanic on the ship and there is a new member of the star fox team to be added straight from the Cornerian Academy.

After beating the Star Fox campaign you would unlock the Star Wolf campaign where you play as the star wolf team and find out their story/various unique things etc. and after completing both you unlock the final campaign. Online and Local Multiplayer would be a huge point as well and would feel very similar to a combination of Mass Effect 3's multiplayer and Assault multiplayer where you can be one of many different characters and take on several different scenarios/gametypes. The game would have those medals from the first game and have a ton of unlockables. I know that this all would require a ton of effort to pull off but it would be worth it and would re establish the awsomeness while revolutionizing the starfox series.

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I don't think they lost sight of anything. The only game that is truly bad is Command, and there is still things from that game that I think should be incorperated into future Star Fox games. Like, how each character has varying stats / abukities, and how you get to be other characters. They just tried to take a different approach with Command and it didn't work out. Adventures isn't a bad game, people just dislike it because it doesn't involve Arwings. Assualt is just missing a few key things, and is a bit too short. Personally, I much prefer Assault over 64. It wouldn't be too difficult to simply combine the best aspects of each game, and spin a new story.

D

Deleted member

I have that picture, of course.
-Snip-
Oh shoot, THAT one! Although in my opinion, that kinda looks more like her next appearance than if she was in Star Fox 64.

But anyways, do you think her voice actress will change or do you think Alesia Glidewell will reprise the role?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I hope Alesia comes back. It's so sad during Brawl's development, they found out some of the voice actresses, and she was listed. They thought Krystal would show up, and she did... as a Taunt. That woman also does the voice for ZSS, I think.

I believe it was the voice of Leon Kennedy or Cloud Strife who also mislead some Brawl era speculators as well.

Last edited:

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
I hope Alesia comes back. It's so sad during Brawl's development, they found out some of the voice actresses, and she was listed. They thought Krystal would show up, and she did... as a Taunt. That woman also does the voice for ZSS, I think.

I believe it was the voice of Leon Kennedy or Cloud Strife who also mislead some Brawl era speculators as well.
Yeah I was extremely hyped when she was listed as the voice actors. This was before the entire roster was leaked out. Unfortunately it didn't turn out to be the case.

We've gotten one Starfox newcomer per entry in the series. Krystal is the only sound choice for the next one.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
We've gotten one Starfox newcomer per entry in the series. Krystal is the only sound choice for the next one.
I agree 100%, Krystal's next in line to be playable (as long as someone ridiculous like Peppy or Slippy don't get in as playable characters (although originally Sakurai was going to make all 4 of Fox's crew members playable (till he saw Wolf and Krystal make leaps of faith).

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
And Knuckle Joe.

(although originally Sakurai was going to make all 4 of Fox's crew members playable (till he saw Wolf and Krystal make leaps of faith).
There any source to this? First I've heard of it.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
There any source to this? First I've heard of it.
Think it might have been on the IGN boards (it might have been right before Brawl was coming out, either way that post is long gone now).
Plus I think Sakurai himself admitted that he wanted Peppy for Brawl, before he settled for Wolf.

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
Krystal is ****ing hot, add he pls. Oh, and her staff would make her unique, and shes a girl, so yeah, legit reasons...
This is the problem with adding Krystal. As cool as she would play, people like you as well as furries would go into overtime. I'd expect a lot of in-game snapshots getting as close as possible to her assets.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
This is the problem with adding Krystal. As cool as she would play, people like you as well as furries would go into overtime. I'd expect a lot of in-game snapshots getting as close as possible to her assets.
Any different from all the Wii Fit trainer stuff? I didn't think there was such a market for manniken rule 34 but there your go.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Please don't tell me you came into this thread just to quote someone from 18 months ago.

And that's a problem for every female character ever, not her specifically. The game's not even out yet, and as Guybrush pointed out, there's already been suggestive Wii Fit Trainer updates by the creators of all people.

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
Any different from all the Wii Fit trainer stuff? I didn't think there was such a market for manniken rule 34 but there your go.
The Krystal fandom is not only bigger while being around for a longer time, but she is a furry, and, well... I'll leave that to you.

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Just add in Krystal and keep the rest of the SF crew the same

As for my ideas for a SF game, I'll throw them out later. Honestly, it deserves more love. Assault and 64 had so much effort into them, and this isn't really a series that needs change - Just polishing.

Also I've heard that Star Fox theory but I wouldn't take it to heart. I can tell you there's some Star Fox fans working on smash if only evaluate Kid Icarus Uprising was about to be a SF game. Krystal was also one of the few choices commented on by Sakurai. What did he say again in full? I forget.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The Krystal fandom is not only bigger while being around for a longer time, but she is a furry, and, well... I'll leave that to you.
What kind of "optimist" hates on furries anyway? Furry hate sickens me as much as gay hate, people liking a certain thing does not affect you in any way, why must you try to impose your own views on them? Did a furry murder your family and chop off your hand? It's just ignorant to bunch them all together in one bad group.

Krystal being in the game won't be any worse than what happened to the Wii Fit Trainer, like others have said. People already look up Peach's dress, what difference is it if they zoom in on Krystal? If you think there's something wrong with that, you should really check your own priorities. Sorry for the rant everyone.

I think it was something about having no idea people actually wanted her.
Yes, I remember reading an interview where Sakurai stated that he had no idea she was so well asked for, with him knowing about her requests now, I could see him adding her this time as she also brings a moveset far different from her three space companions to the table. It seems like something he would do, anyway.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
"Waaaah furries are gross"

I think vaginas are gross but you don't see me calling for every female removed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom