• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

D

Deleted member

I really doubt we're going to get another Star Fox game that'll go back into it's roots like Star Fox SNES & 64
I totally agree here. What with New Super Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong Country's revival as a 2D platformer, as well as Nintendo's retro fever lately, I highly doubt we'd get a 3D game, it'd be an attempt to make another 64.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I totally agree here. What with New Super Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong Country's revival as a 2D platformer, as well as Nintendo's retro fever lately, I highly doubt we'd get a 3D game, it'd be an attempt to make another 64.
If it's purely arwing flying I'm not gonna bother

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Assault brought a lot of great elements to the franchise. I would be seriously disapoointed if we lost Ground Missions.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I really doubt we're going to get another Star Fox game that'll go back into it's roots like Star Fox SNES & 64
He said he doubts we would get a Star Fox similar to the older ones. Unless there was a major typo in there.

D

Deleted member

If it's purely arwing flying I'm not gonna bother
I would be for it, as 64 was by far the best in my opinion. After all this time I think it'd be fair to give it a chance, anyway.

And I meant disagree, sorry, just a grammatical mistake.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I would be for it, as 64 was by far the best in my opinion. After all this time I think it'd be fair to give it a chance, anyway.

And I meant disagree, sorry, just a grammatical mistake.
I just got really bored off it, if they incorporated, grounded shooting, landmasters and maybe even krystals staff gameplay too I think it would be a lot better and would stop the game from getting stale

D

Deleted member

Star Fox Assult 2 FTW
I'd be down for this! Maybe throw in some online mode like multiplayer or co-op story mode.

I'm just hoping if it takes elements from Assault, it'll be executed better & the length of the game is longer & not too linear.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I'd be down for this! Maybe throw in some online mode like multiplayer or co-op story mode.

I'm just hoping if it takes elements from Assault, it'll be executed better & the length of the game is longer & not too linear.
I'd also like to see the staff gameplay Incorporated for krystal levels too

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What I want to see is a Star Fox single player that has all of 64's strong points that Assault lacked like multiple paths and a multiplayer that is mostly like Assaults but with more emphasis on character differences. For example all characters have a meter to fill and once done it summons something for them to use. Fox for example would get a reflector shield that causes opponents that shoot at him to be damaged themselves, Falco and Slippy can summon a free Arwing and Landmaster respectively and Krystal uses her staff as a rapid fire ranged weapon and a devastating melee attack.

One the topic of Krystal in Smash, if she's in I see her being a secret character that will have her trailer aired after launch. What should her trailer be?

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
What I want to see is a Star Fox single player that has all of 64's strong points that Assault lacked like multiple paths and a multiplayer that is mostly like Assaults but with more emphasis on character differences. For example all characters have a meter to fill and once done it summons something for them to use. Fox for example would get a reflector shield that causes opponents that shoot at him to be damaged themselves, Falco and Slippy can summon a free Arwing and Landmaster respectively and Krystal uses her staff as a rapid fire ranged weapon and a devastating melee attack.

One the topic of Krystal in Smash, if she's in I see her being a secret character that will have her trailer aired after launch. What should her trailer be?
I think krystal would play like kid icarus uprising

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Fox, Yoshi, and Mario are all fighting on the new Star Fox stage (Let's say it's a Saurain based stage). As the battle rages, Mario and Yoshi slowly begin taking the upper hand, teaming up on Fox. Flashes of a dark temple and a feminine figure running through them appear n spurts between the battle cinematic. The female jumps off the top of the temple, and lands on large scaled Cloudrunner and in classic Krystal fashion shouts "Foooox!". We return to the battle where Mario has just knocked Fox to the ground. Yoshi runs forward, at top speed when suddenly he looks up, only to see Krystal swoop down, BAM. "Krystal soars in!" She's clad in her Assault outfit, holding her staff. Krystal raises her hand in front of Yoshi's face, and the dinosaur turns around and launches at Mario with Krystal and Fox right behind him. The last scene is Mario's frightened face before the screen flashes to gameplay.

Meh, I tried.

D

Deleted member

I would imagine her staff would be laying on the ground, Fox taking a good look at it, the staff gets picked up by Krystal & then sends Fox flying away by swinging it hard. Her appearance would likely be off of Assault or Command with a white jacket (Maybe throw in her head set too?)

Her card could be something like: "Krystal forsees the battle!" (I honestly don't have a clue what it would be & if her card will have to do with her telepathy)

She can be seen fighting Link as her staff comes into contact with his sword (Subtle little wink to Dinosaur Planet & Adventures for having "Zelda-like gameplay).

The trailer ends with her smiling at Falco's defeat (Yeah I had 2nd thoughts on Fox) & walking away from the fight.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If it came down to it, would you prefer Falco, or Wolf to be cut for Krystal? And why?

D

Deleted member

Y'know, since Fox, Falco, & Wolf are based off a mix between their Assault & Command appearance, how do you think they'll nail Krystal when she wears jumpsuits in both of those games (Even though the colors are different)?

Maybe give her the Star Wolf or Cornerian Army appearance in Command? Or her Assault outfit with the headset from Command? White jacket included.

D

Deleted member

Have you ever considered changing the thread to be a general StarFox thread, or is there one already? This is where all the StarFox fans are on the board and it'd open up discussion of the many obscure StarFox characters too, who aren't important enough to get their own thread.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Have you ever considered changing the thread to be a general StarFox thread, or is there one already? This is where all the StarFox fans are on the board and it'd open up discussion of the many obscure StarFox characters too, who aren't important enough to get their own thread.
I'm pretty sure Slippy, Leon and Andross have their own thread, but if people wanted to smash them all together, I guess I wouldn't mind. Seems kind of random though.

I have no clue which Krystal outfit they would use. I would imagine they would mix Assualt and Command. Maybe keep her dark blue Jumper, and give her a Star Fox jacket?

Last edited:

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure Slippy, Leon and Andross have their own thread, but if people wanted to smash them all together, I guess I wouldn't mind. Seems kind of random though.

I have no clue which Krystal outfit they would use. I would imagine they would mix Assualt and Command. Maybe keep her dark blue Jumper, and give her a Star Fox jacket?
It could go either way since we have command fox and falco and assult wolf

Dropkick JD

Unexpected Smash God
Honestly, I'd rather see Falco stay in and get a unique move-set than have Krystal take his place.

Guy was in all the games for Star Fox, and in my personal opinion, when Krystal came in, the series got really.. eh. I still feel Falco is more important.

I guess I wouldn't be against Krystal making it in, but not costing ANYONE else their spot.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Krystal would probably have a custom Smash design that's an amalgam of some of her other designs, like the other three spacies. Her Adventures outfit would be a good alt costume too.

D

Deleted member

Well it wouldn't hurt those threads to do so, I'd love to talk in general about the series, even the extremely obscure bosses from StarFox 64. I noticed recently how they were inspired by the Empire's leaders in Star Wars. The way the Empire destroys planets so callously is analogous to the way thoe bosses are happy to exterminate entire planets or lay siege to cities, and I have been tempted to try making a set for one or two of them. Those dark charaters and atmosphere is what's missing from later StarFox games, in my opinion.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Guy was in all the games for Star Fox, and in my personal opinion, when Krystal came in, the series got really.. eh. I still feel Falco is more important.
You have to realize, frequency doensn't equal importance. Not that there is any real reason to argue this, but Krystal is a focal point of two of the Star Fox games, and Falco has never been any more important than say, Slippy, or Peppy. Secondly, you're putting the series supposed decline on the back of a character, not the creator.

D

Deleted member

when Krystal came in, the series got really.. eh. .
This excuse again? OK...

Sounds good.

Although it probably won't happen, I would like to see what she would look like if she was styled to fit in Star Fox 64 for Smash Bros.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Krystal would be a perfect addition to smash bros... But who says StarFox gets 4 reps. I think Wolf getting dropped and her replacing makes more sense.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Why does everyone want to drop Wolf? If anything, Falco should be dropped, because Wolf is far different enough from Fox and the rival is better than the sidekick.

But why drop anyone? There's absolutely no reason we can't get four Star Fox reps, especially if we can have two Mother reps with just three games.

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
I think it's because a lot of people seem to think that characters that have been in more than one smash title have gained some sort of immunity to being cut. Which is bull****, if push comes to shove falco is obviously the character that deserves to be axed over wolf Rival/angagonist>supporting character, additionally wolf is far less of a clone than falco which is always a plus.

Anyway go krystal the last piece of the star fox puzzle must be added

Last edited:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Why does everyone want to drop Wolf? If anything, Falco should be dropped, because Wolf is far different enough from Fox and the rival is better than the sidekick.

But why drop anyone? There's absolutely no reason we can't get four Star Fox reps, especially if we can have two Mother reps with just three games.
I'm with this guy. I've enjoyed Krystal as a character and I'll say it again, she needs the spotlight to show she's not just a love interest.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I posed the question. We all know they don't need to drop Wolf / Falco, but it was something to talk about.

Dropkick JD

Unexpected Smash God
I never understood why people can't have their own opinions. First off, yeah. That's "my excuse" whatever the hell that means. I stopped enjoying the Star Fox games when they debuted her characters. I'm not blaming her, but it's not like it's going to make me want to support the character. I didn't hate them, but it made me lose interest. Especially the one with the dinosaurs, omg. That was Adventures, right? I thought Assault was alright.

Secondly, yeah. I'm putting Falco over Krystal. Not because of how many Smash games he was in, but because he was in all the titles and if anything, he was the second character that most people cared about, at least it seemed like. There's no denying Krystal would be a unique character, and that she has a fanbase, but I still feel it would be wrong to all together drop Falco from the game. Not because of some reason people assumed that it's because of immunity, hell I've wanted Jigglypuff out for awhile now, but it's because I feel he's just the more interesting character.

Honestly, if they had to do it in any form I'd rather just see them include Fox, Falco, Wolf, and Krystal. I don't know if I'd like the fact Star Fox would have four reps, hell to be quite fair I don't really like the fact they have three which is more than other deserving titles do, but it seems like the only good way to go at it. That being said, if they don't change Falco around to not be such a clone of Fox this time, I'd say drop him next gen. I have faith they may do something new though.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You can have your own opinions, it doesn't mean we will agree with them.

On the topic of the next Star Fox, I want:

Fox, Falco, Slippy, Peppy, Krystal Wolf, Leon, Pigma to show up in some form. Panther can take a hike for all I care.

I want the "Paths" mechanic brought back, and I want comprehensive ground play, but that isn't the main focus. Bring back submarine / landmaster play as well. DROP ANDROSS. He's dead, and I hate reoccuring villains if they've already died. I wouldn't mind seeing Peppy retire, bringing in new Star Wolf members, and some new teams altogether. Maybe Falco mains his own group at some point, we get another Star Fox member and so on. Kat shows up in Falcos team maybe?

Who knows. Bring Sauria back as well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You can have your own opinions, it doesn't mean we will agree with them.

On the topic of the next Star Fox, I want:

Fox, Falco, Slippy, Peppy, Krystal Wolf, Leon, Pigma to show up in some form. Panther can take a hike for all I care.

I want the "Paths" mechanic brought back, and I want comprehensive ground play, but that isn't the main focus. Bring back submarine / landmaster play as well. DROP ANDROSS. He's dead, and I hate reoccuring villains if they've already died. I wouldn't mind seeing Peppy retire, bringing in new Star Wolf members, and some new teams altogether. Would be cool to that. Maybe Falco mains his own group at some point, we get another Star Fox member and so on. Kat shows up in Falcos team maybe?

Who knows. Bring Sauria back as well.
New teams eh? Perhaps we'll finally get to see the Star Sheep, Star Sparrow, & Star Hawk concepts come alive! (Those were the planned names before Miyamoto settled on Star Fox)

That even gives me the multiplayer idea: Choose your team (Fox, Sheep, Sparrow, Hawk, or Wolf) & work together to take the rival teams out. Or make it free for all like Assault

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I want to see more females show up in Star Fox. Not Amanda, not Peppy's Daughter. Kat would be cool, but others would be cool too. God I can't stand Amanda.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I have an idea for a game Star Fox vs Star Wolf with Fox, Falco and Krystal (Slippy can disappear for all I care) and Wolf, Leon and Panther, maybe even SA2 style. There would be 2 sides of the story good vs evil and you take it in turns playing as the characters with fox and wolf having arwing gameplay, falco and leon in the landmasters and Krystal and panther in ground missions

Top Bottom