• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
While valid points are being made, right now this is only on the fringes of being on topic, so perhaps we could try to bring it back to Krystal a bit.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Whatever you say puddin' :awesome: (don't kill me)

Well, In regards to krystal's moveset what would her final smash be? since I think no one has said a good one yet.

Also will shortie add a moveset to the OP? I think it needs one.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Very well. If you want to respond to me again Diddy, feel free to take it to the Ridley or K. Kool thread or someplace where it'd be more on topic. And no hard feelings or anything buddy, despite our differences at times.

Or how about the super staff quake or somethin? Yeah, forgot what the special staff techniques were generally called.

Well, Merry Christmas everyone!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Final Smash would be an Arwing instead of a Landmaster

No, I think it should go like this

Fox: LANDMASTER
Falco: ARWING- Falco jumps back into his ship and flies in the foreground Star Fox 64 Style
Wolf: WOLF PACK- Wold calls in Panther and Leon to bombard the stage in their Wolvens
Krystal: SUPER QUAKE SMASH- Krystal charges up her staff and jams it into the ground, causing two huge wave to go either side of her. Anyone on the ground, regardless of where on stage is stunned but only those close will be hit by the wave.

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
No, I think it should go like this

Fox: LANDMASTER
Falco: ARWING- Falco jumps back into his ship and flies in the foreground Star Fox 64 Style
Wolf: WOLF PACK- Wold calls in Panther and Leon to bombard the stage in their Wolvens
Krystal: SUPER QUAKE SMASH- Krystal charges up her staff and jams it into the ground, causing two huge wave to go either side of her. Anyone on the ground, regardless of where on stage is stunned but only those close will be hit by the wave.
Nah.
FOX / FALCO / WOLF - Landmashtar
KRYSTAL - Arwing.

Really though, that sounds cool. I thought Falco's FS WAS gonna be Arwing at first.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Everyone must Landmaster. No excuses.

And yes, let's take the debate anywhere. For the record, I might've come off as aggressive but it's not especially aimed at you, just more to the certain people who boo on Tropical Freeze. Compare DKC to Mario always, and claim themselves more worthy of Retro Studio's attention.

Krystal is cool. She's blue.

Merry Christmas all!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I love Retro Studios, therefore I like both of their mainstay series.

If nothing else, I expect Fox to get a blue fur alt to match Krystal's/his unholy-fanfic-gone-horribly-right son, who is just a pallette swap in the first place.

However I am fairly certain I am not the only one who pretends he does not exist.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Marcus is later If nintendo actually gave a crap about story they wouldnt allow something like that to happen until several sf games later with a new star fox team but thats another story, right now I just want to know what happens after assault and I want it to be amazing involving all sf characters and I hope star fox and star wolf get a new member.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
I would like to see Krystal's final smash be the Pterodactyl

It can shoot fire balls and fly. I guess It would be similar to Yoshi's final smash.

I'd rather have a toned down version of the super quake as her Down special.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
I suppose the pterodactyl would make the most sense. I'd be all for that. I like the idea of the demon sniper, though, too, although it would be slightly less relevant.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
So I posted this in the roster prediction thread about an half hour ago, have a look.

I support Krystal because I find her important to the StarFox series and offers something new to it. It also fits the Hero, Sidekick, Villain, Femme Fatale group type, that adds variety and the importance to the series. Plus, I always thought a hero, no matter game, story, movie, or etc, deserves a love interest. And no, I'm not a furry, I just think Krystal has a bunch of pros to be added in. The only reason she isn't well regarded is because of the few loud furries of her supporters. Plus, the fact that Star Fox series has two semi-clones of the same character.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
By "new project," I hope he means a Star Fox game, but couldn't he also mean a new game entirely?
New project could mean anything.... doesn't automatically mean a new series.

It might be starfox or a takamaru revival if its nintendo related.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Watch it be Donkey Kong Savanna Adventure, now with Lanky and Tiny Kong!

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
I'm starting to think that Nintendo doesn't give a damn about SF. They're really focusing on the main franchises and the best selling ones, and since the big fail of the GameCube SF games (Which I think they're not that bad) and SF Command on the DS, we won't get a SF game anytime soon... In fact, 2013 was the year of the 20th anniversary of Star Fox and we only got a lazy a N64 Remake for the 3DS

I'd absolutley LOVE to see a new star fox game, something new and fresh. But... Well, who knows.. It seems like we'll have a new Metroid, so with that in mind.. WE CAN DREAM..

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Well, even if that were true, I hope Sakurai still cares enough to add Krystal. Hopefully, she'd look like she does in Adventures or Assault. After looking at Command, I'll be happy if they disregard the game entirely when choosing what the SF characters look like.

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
Well, even if that were true, I hope Sakurai still cares enough to add Krystal. Hopefully, she'd look like she does in Adventures or Assault. After looking at Command, I'll be happy if they disregard the game entirely when choosing what the SF characters look like.
Don't misunderstand me, I'm a huge SF Fan I really want krystal to be in the game. She's such an interesting character, the staff based moveset, the dinosaurs.. Aww man, it is AWESOME.

And about her outfit, I posted this here months ago, I want something new with her design, it's quite clearly that Fox's outfit is quite diferent compared to SF Adventures, Assault, and maybe Command. That said, we could have something like this:

Which in my opinion it's an AMAZING design. This was made by JECBrush on Deviant Art, he have some awesome concepts of the SF Universe. Take a look at this concept art:

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Don't misunderstand me, I'm a huge SF Fan I really want krystal to be in the game. She's such an interesting character, the staff based moveset, the dinosaurs.. Aww man, it is AWESOME.

And about her outfit, I posted this here months ago, I want something new with her design, it's quite clearly that Fox's outfit is quite diferent compared to SF Adventures, Assault, and maybe Command. That said, we could have something like this:

Which in my opinion it's an AMAZING design. This was made by JECBrush on Deviant Art, he have some awesome concepts of the SF Universe. Take a look at this concept art:

Oh, no, I never misunderstood you. xP And wow, that concept art IS pretty amazing~

König Nickerchen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoenigNickerchen
I really hope they add Krystal in Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS. She is the only newcomer I really want for this game. She is cute and her staff would her make unique to these games. A fourth Starfox character would be possible. She is a Rare creation and Nintendo dislike Rare. =( But I don´t give up the hope.

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
I really hope they add Krystal in Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS. She is the only newcomer I really want for this game. She is cute and her staff would her make unique to these games. A fourth Starfox character would be possible. She is a Rare creation and Nintendo dislike Rare. =( But I don´t give up the hope.
Never give up the hope! Keep in mind that maybe we'll get a new Metroid and SF game, these are only rumors, but that's better than nothing. Also, sakurai mentioned that we'll have around 45 characters to play with in this new SSB game. That's quite a lot, there's definetely a slot for Krystal! She's still 50/50, and even with the haters there are quite a lot of supporters. We really hope she can make it.:chuckle:

Blurr-kill

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blurr-kil
Final Smash Idea: When you get the smash ball she absorbs the Krazoa spirts and becomes invincible. Her eyes glow a whiteish-Yellow color and she levitates like mewtwo holding the staff behind her.Her damage is x2.5 and Her staff moves are now super charged. Going off the movset from the second post,

Side b never depletes and always freezes like giga bowser's down smash.

Neutral b shoots a huge fireball the size of Samous fully charged charge shot without charge and goes the speed of wolfs blaster and also has the same range. Chargeing it will add speed and range but not damage.

Down b will effect the whole stage. People on the same platform will be put into the ground while people on other platforms will take 5-15% (depending on proximity to her) and they will be lightly tossed in the air

Up b can be used more than once in the air and an be charged. upon release its sends out an electric shock with a hitbox the size of Cfalcon's down smash and it stuns. If sweetspotted you will fly horizontally. Also if hit by the up b while its in motion it acts like ness' pk thunder launch. If the move is fully charged to can control its direction

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That design takes away everything I like about Krystal...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Nintendo is fine with Rare.

What are you talking about?

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
Final Smash Idea: When you get the smash ball she absorbs the Krazoa spirts and becomes invincible. Her eyes glow a whiteish-Yellow color and she levitates like mewtwo holding the staff behind her.Her damage is x2.5 and Her staff moves are now super charged.
I'd prefer something involving dinosaurs. You know, cause dinosaurs are awesome. But the most "logic" final smash would be like a Staff Earthquake or something like that.

That design takes away everything I like about Krystal...
And what do you like about her? She joined the Star Fox team after SF Adventures events. She was trained and became an Arwing Pilot... So, that tribal outfit from adventures wouldn't fit at all.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
I really don't mind what Krystal's wearing, as long as it's relevant somehow and she's just in the game.

Blurr-kill

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blurr-kil
I'd prefer something involving dinosaurs. You know, cause dinosaurs are awesome."
Yea i was thinking that at 1st like Tricky would come down and shed ride/control him but i started to notice it would be just like a landmaster with a different skin. And someone already mentioned the Pterodactyl

Last edited:

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
Yea i was thinking that at 1st like Tricky would come down and shed ride/control him but i started to notice it would be just lik a landmaster with a different skin.
Maybe she could summon a dino stampede, with Triceratops, Diplodocus, Pterodactyls kind of dinosaurs "rampaging" the stage. Like Ness Final smash with the meteors but left to right or right to left. It woud also be interesting if her final smash was like Lucario's final smash but with the Staff releasing the beam, or maybe like Link's final smash. The possibilities are endless.

I would also like different final smashes for all the SF characters. For example, Fax calling an Arwing or Airstrike from the great Fox, Falco having Kat to help him with some kind of air support or something like Snake's final smash (We all know Falco is Badass and his smash must be badass) and so on. I really hope they don't use the same smash for all of them...

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Maybe she could summon a dino stampede, with Triceratops, Diplodocus, Pterodactyls kind of dinosaurs "rampaging" the stage. Like Ness Final smash with the meteors but left to right or right to left. It woud also be interesting if her final smash was like Lucario's final smash but with the Staff releasing the beam, or maybe like Link's final smash. The possibilities are endless.

I would also like different final smashes for all the SF characters. For example, Fax calling an Arwing or Airstrike from the great Fox, Falco having Kat to help him with some kind of air support or something like Snake's final smash (We all know Falco is Badass and his smash must be badass) and so on. I really hope they don't use the same smash for all of them...
Yeah, the whole Landmaster thing was a grave mistake that should never be repeated. NO characters should have the same FS.

Were they just rushing or something to get the game done? xP

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the whole Landmaster thing was a grave mistake that should never be repeated. NO characters should have the same FS.

Were they just rushing or something to get the game done? xP
I don't know, maybe yes. We have to assume that the Landmaster Final smash is bad, but I don't blame them for using it for Falco having in mind that he is a clone. The same happens with Link and Toon Link. Wolf was a last moment incorporation, so... Yeah.

We don't know if Falco or Wolf are going to be back, but if they do come back I'd like -As everyones does- something different.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
I don't know, maybe yes. We have to assume that the Landmaster Final smash is bad, but I don't blame them for using it for Falco having in mind that he is a clone. The same happens with Link and Toon Link. Wolf was a last moment incorporation, so... Yeah.

We don't know if Falco or Wolf are going to be back, but if they do come back I'd like -As everyones does- something different.
I mean, I wouldn't mind one of them having the Landmaster, like maybe just Fox, but not all of them. Or Krystal. Krystal had better not have a Landmaster. I'm sure it's likely she won't, though~

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Hey everyone, I'm in for Krystal getting into Smash 4.

The funny thing is that, I used to think she was a total ***** and hated her guts, but then I realized I kept using her in Assault, so my hatred was kinda misplaced. I generally warmed up to Starfox's characters (I also really hated Slippy and Falco, but now I'm okay with them, lol).

I really hope she gets in, because I'm sure I would play as her, even if she somehow ended up being a clone (which I doubt would happen).

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone, I'm in for Krystal getting into Smash 4.

The funny thing is that, I used to think she was a total ***** and hated her guts, but then I realized I kept using her in Assault, so my hatred was kinda misplaced. I generally warmed up to Starfox's characters (I also really hated Slippy and Falco, but now I'm okay with them, lol).

I really hope she gets in, because I'm sure I would play as her, even if she somehow ended up being a clone (which I doubt would happen).
Yeah, that's right. Most of the Hate comes from people who haven't played SF Assault. Some hate her just because they were disappointed about Star Fox Adventures complaining that wasn't a SF game (They're right, this game wasn't suposed to be SF, I guess you know what happened) but Personally I loved it anyway, it was fun to play. Others just hate her because she is a potential Character for SSB and could take the spot that some other character that they want could have, which I can somehow understand.:p

Top Bottom