• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Hey, if Krystal has a staff and not a blaster or sword, then she'll be original.​
Really, we need more non-sword weapons.​
Well, I think a blaster would still be fine. Staff + Blaster doesn't sound bad at all. I think she at least needs some connecting factor to the other Space Animals.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
But we got Falco in the first place because Sakurai was looking for clones. I really don't see him looking for another Fox clone this time around.

And Falco was on the Melee poll, he was the most requested SF character. He just wasn't in the top 20.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
This thread just instantly got ridiculously active for some reason.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Slippy doesn't offer anything besides unique stats from the other Space Animals though. Slow movement, low jumping, rather floathy, somewhat heavy, yet with all the equipment Fox and Falco use. It's a cute concept, but I'd rather see Krystal still.

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
Actually I notice a lot of Wolf hate, though I have no clue why. He's less cloney than Falco, for sure.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The odd thing about smash is the older a series gets the less requests for side characters it receives. Seems silly now but back in the day Falco was a highly requested character for Smash. Same goes for Paula, Jeff and Poo fro Eathbound.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The odd thing about smash is the older a series gets the less requests for side characters it receives. Seems silly now but back in the day Falco was a highly requested character for Smash. Same goes for Paula, Jeff and Poo fro Eathbound.
Yeah, those requests for more Mario, DK, Zelda, Metroid, FE and KI characters sure have died down, haven't they? :troll:

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
And it's shocking how Star Fox hasn't gotten any original games in 7 years. SEVEN YEARS. Maybe that's why it's so unpopular. I'd say Adventures was the utter downfall of it all. Even though I enjoyed that game as a kid, and I still think it's a decent game even now, it's still horrible in comparison to the other games, in my opinion. But even aside from all that, SF games aren't released often at all.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And it's shocking how Star Fox hasn't gotten any original games in 7 years. SEVEN YEARS. Maybe that's why it's so unpopular. I'd say Adventures was the utter downfall of it all. Even though I enjoyed that game as a kid, it's still horrible in comparison to the other games, in my opinion. But even aside from all that, SF games aren't released often at all.

I say it's the fault of Nintendo themselves. The continuously passed out the development of Star fox games to random studios after 64 and that's why Adventures, Assault and Command all feel so different and none of them quite true to the original. I guess they kept tweaking the formula under the assumption that no-one would touch a rail shooter. I wonder how well the 3DS version sold...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If Adventures was the downfall of SF it wouldn't have gotten as many games after it as it did before. Adventures was a Miyamoto-induced hiccup that wasn't a bad game, it just had no place being a part of Starfox.

No game in the series is so crippling that quality titles afterwards wouldn't have redeemed the series. Other M is nothing Prime 4 and a new 2D sidescroller couldn't fix. The problem is Assault and Command were mediocre themselves, and Nintendo seemingly didn't know what to do with the series since, hell, they haven't been the developers of it since 64 anyway.

If they gave it to Retro or Platinum or Treasure and bothered marketing it, I'm sure it would be a perfectly fun and decently successful game, and if they capitalize off that momentum, they can get their series back.

But yeah, as long as they aren't going to bother making new games for it, it's not going to increase in popularity. The remaining popularity it does have is mostly a mix of Smash, the resonating impact of when it was one of Nintendo's A-list series, and the hope we'll actually get a new one eventually.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Adventures was great it just wasnt a star fox game (the only bad games were assault and command), as for Krystals moveset I would prefer if it was only based on the staff leave the other weapons for changing up falco's moveset or something, I mean i wouldnt hate a weapon change it just seems unneeded.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
StarFox Adventures was an amazing game. Sure, it's not really a sort of game you'd expect from StarFox but... Why be so upset about it? Be grateful the series continued because of it.

Also, the music is beautiful.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
All right, I take my stupid statement back. Adventures was wonderful, just not a proper Star Fox game. xP I was just trying to find the right wording. I guess it came out the wrong way.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Adventures was a good zelda clone with dinosaurs and star fox characters, nobody saw it coming, I love that game so much, but the day I got assault I was flabbergasted at how much I hated it my second most disappointing game ive bought ever.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Wow, I actually loved Assault. Am I the only one here? I mean, isn't it a good true Star Fox game? From what I can remember, it worked just like SF 64, except there were only some points where you got out of your Arwing. I thought it was perfectly fine; it was actually one of my favorite games back in the day.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I've never played Assault. I did play Adventures but since I lost my Memory card back then I always had to start over again and thus hadn't bothered with it since... ^^;

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I always wanted to play Assault but I never got the money for it at that time to buy it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Assault's single player was a major disappointment but it's multiplayer was awesome. That said, that's not how it should be, that'd be like buying Mario Kart and the Multiplayer is crap but the single player mode is incredible.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Nah, I liked Assault more than most people seem to, but I wasn't blown away or in love with it or anything. It was alright, I don't regret playing through it, but it wasn't great or anything.

Command is the one I really don't like.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Assault's single player was a major disappointment but it's multiplayer was awesome. That said, that's not how it should be, that'd be like buying Mario Kart and the Multiplayer is crap but the single player mode is incredible.
I see your point there.
Just one perfect game, Nintendo, and you'll see how great Star Fox can truly be...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I actually had decent fun with Command. Especially liked playing as Panther cause his lasers could kill anything.

ANYTHING.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
I've never played Command, actually. In fact, and I know this makes me sound like a hermit, but I had never even heard of it until yesterday when we were talking about it on this thread. I was completely shocked that I had failed to notice a SF game. What was it like that made it so bad in certain aspects? What was it like overall?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The controls can get a little messy. And often times, it's criticised for it's 'story' or lack thereoff. Seeing as you have a lot of potential ending in the game, which makes many people think this 'ruined the series'. Like that didn't so called happen with Adventures and Assault :rolleyes:. Anyway, objectives in the levels are kind of similar in a way. You don't really fly through courses, you destroy enemies, destroy their base (which gets quite repeative, but it's still not too bothersome) and have dogfights. Also, you'll have to draw yourself a course on the map, and reach your objectives quickly. It almost feels like a strategy game sometimes. And you can control nearly all of the known StarFox cast. Didn't quite like the 'slutty phase' Krystal went through however, but can overlook that.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
The controls can get a little messy. And often times, it's criticised for it's 'story' or lack thereoff. Seeing as you have a lot of potential ending in the game, which makes many people think this 'ruined the series'. Like that didn't so called happen with Adventures and Assault :rolleyes:. Anyway, objectives in the levels are kind of similar in a way. You don't really fly through courses, you destroy enemies, destroy their base (which gets quite repeative, but it's still not too bothersome) and have dogfights. Also, you'll have to draw yourself a course on the map, and reach your objectives quickly. It almost feels like a strategy game sometimes. And you can control nearly all of the known StarFox cast. Didn't quite like the '****ty phase' Krystal went through however, but can overlook that.
So Krystal was in it? What was she like that makes you say that? xP
At least the most recent original game had Krystal in it. That's one plus, I suppose.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Personally, I thought the strategy elements were poorly done, the controls bothered me, I found it repetitive, the characters are one-dimensional and... annoying, not to mention I think most of them look pretty ugly, and the story, especially some of the endings, are... questionable and kinda lame. I missed the on-rails flying, not the continual circling and the dogfight after dogfight.

I did like the variety in playable characters, even though most of the new characters were meh, especially Amanda and Lucy.

At least the most recent original game had Krystal in it. That's one plus, I suppose.
She was whiny and melodramatic and turned the whole thing into a space soap opera and then in one of the endings she joins Star Wolf and gets all evil and stupid.

EDIT: Spoilers I guess. Sorry. :laugh:Embarrass
There's enough bad endings that many terrible surprises are still left should you want to play it. :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You remember that trophy description of her in Brawl saying 'their relationship got really rocky in Command' (talking about Fox and Krystal)? Well, it does. I could tell you why, but... Do you mind spoilers? Part of the 'charm' of Command is seeing all the character interactions and possible different endings. Some of these endings make you really regret your choices also :laugh: Krystal is in the game though yeah, and playable in an Arwing that resembles a Cloud Runner from Adventures, which is cool.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
I see. Well, I don't think I'll be planning on playing this game. I can just watch some of it, maybe. xD

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
StarFox Adventures was an amazing game. Sure, it's not really a sort of game you'd expect from StarFox but... Why be so upset about it? Be grateful the series continued because of it.

Also, the music is beautiful.

IMO this was the best track from the game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I see. Well, I don't think I'll be planning on playing this game. I can just watch some of it, maybe. xD
Okay then, well... Krystal first has gone missing. Fox not even being too concerned about it cause he's an emotionless *******. He later finds out Krystal was with Team Star Wolf, and currently 'sort of' dating Panther. Or at least, Panther took advantage of the situation and tried to charm the hell out of Krystal. You can choose to recruit her once again, in which case, Fox and Krystal end up making a love baby called Marcus McCloud (blue fur and all). Or Krystal chooses to stay with Team Star Wolf (and possibly making half blue fox / half black panther love babies I dunno) or she'll leave on her own, calling herself 'Kursed' going totally emo cause Fox left her.

Maybe this page can help you better: http://starfox.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_endings_in_Star_Fox_Command

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Okay then, well... Krystal first has gone missing. Fox not even being too concerned about it cause he's an emotionless *******. He later finds out Krystal was with Team Star Wolf, and currently 'sort of' dating Panther. Or at least, Panther took advantage of the situation and tried to charm the hell out of Krystal. You can choose to recruit her once again, in which case, Fox and Krystal end up making a love baby called Marcus McCloud (blue fur and all). Or Krystal chooses to stay with Team Star Wolf (and possibly making half blue fox / half black panther love babies I dunno) or she'll leave on her own, calling herself 'Kursed' going totally emo cause Fox left her.

Maybe this page can help you better: http://starfox.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_endings_in_Star_Fox_Command
... Oh my goodness. That's just... I don't even know. xP

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think I prefer the first paired ending though. With Fox and Krystal retiring, Marcus and Falco starting a new Star Fox team.

Command really took their liberty with the series' plot a bit far though...

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Yeah, I think I might have just been better off not knowing about this game. xD

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
We seem to be pretty biased. Maybe someone else out there has something more positive to say about Command.

Though if you hadn't even heard of it prior to this, I wouldn't go to the effort of tracking it down. Just play SF64 again or something. :laugh:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Assault and adventures were good, in my opinion assault was better then adventures but it was just 2 short.

Command was the game that sucked and put starfox in the position it is now. (seriously who thought up command's plot lol?)

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Well, that was a nice little chat about SF games. xP

Back to Krystal, though, what reason does everyone here want her in for? I'm sure we all have different reasons. (If I see "furry" or "yiff," I have lost faith in the person who typed those words.) As for me, Krystal's just always been my favorite SF character, ever since Adventures. She's just so cool and different, and the fact that she uses a staff is awesome. Additionally, I just love foxes anyway. And, I think this is the obvious reason: her potential for uniqueness in the game. :3

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Because SF is one of my favorite franchises, I always wanted wolf and krystal in the game, but got falco instead. But then I finally got wolf, now I just need krystal. She can bring a versatile staff like moveset to the table, something that smash has never had before, and i'm all up for new playstyles i mean I didn't want rosie but that luma thing is just too intriguing to pass up.

But yeah mainly its because of the staff moveset, when I saw fox use that staff in adventures i'm like... "this staff would be awesome to see in smash bros."

That's why.

Also I want a starfox game for the wii U, the potential is there seriously... and platinum almost made it happen... freaking social media.... they just had to annoy kamiya.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I would absolutely love the a new sf game that had amazing space shooter segments amazing ground segments and a ton of depth length and a great story, with multiple campaigns (star fox team and star wolf team) and amazing multiplayer. The best way to describe it would be a combination of SF64 and Mass Effect with a dash of DMC. Or at least that is my dream star fox game, Ive waited so long for another good game x.x

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
I would absolutely love the a new sf game that had amazing space shooter segments amazing ground segments and a ton of depth length and a great story, with multiple campaigns (star fox team and star wolf team) and amazing multiplayer. The best way to describe it would be a combination of SF64 and Mass Effect with a dash of DMC. Or at least that is my dream star fox game, Ive waited so long for another good game x.x
I'm sure we all want an ideal game like that. That would be so amazing...
But of course, "perfection" is such a hard term to define, and it's hard to achieve in anyone's book.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I'm sure we all want an ideal game like that. That would be so amazing...
But of course, "perfection" is such a hard term to define, and it's hard to achieve in anyone's book.
If nintendo would just take the time to directly work on it their-selves (or at least retro/platinum) It could be fantastic, It bums me out that sf missed the wii entirely, if it misses the wii u as well all hope is lost..

Top Bottom