• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
If nintendo would just take the time to directly work on it their-selves (or at least retro/platinum) It could be fantastic, It bums me out that sf missed the wii entirely, if it misses the wii u as well all hope is lost..
I hope with all my heart that it will not become a dead game. D: The concept is too amazing to let go of.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I hope with all my heart that it will not become a dead game. D: The concept is too amazing to let go of.

I don't think it will. Nintendo is not the type who would abandon an established franchise. We all know that nobody re-invents the same franchises again and again quite like Nintendo (at least not in such a successful and interesting way). Its just their thing. A new title crawls in once every couple of years, but it never usually sticks. Keep in mind that the only franchises in Smash represented from post-2000 are Pikmin and Animal Crossing. Nintendo likes to keep the old ones going, and I'm sure SF is no exception. They're just focusing on squeezing out the standard Mario, DK and Zelda titles first.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Miayamoto want s a new SF game. Paltinum and Retro (I think?) have shown interest in it.

It's a matter of when, not if. IMO.

D

Deleted member

If nintendo would just take the time to directly work on it their-selves (or at least retro/platinum) It could be fantastic, It bums me out that sf missed the wii entirely, if it misses the wii u as well all hope is lost..
I'd blame it more on Nintendo having difficulties with the translation to HD games more than anything. Perhaps the gen after Wii U we will see a Star Fox game made by Retro.

I'm all for it.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
DK being squeezed out? How?
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic with this question but, Tropical Freeze looks like a rehash of Returns, just with Cranky and Dixie Kong as playable characters. People were upset at E3 to find out Retros new surprise game is another Donkey Kong instead of Metroid, Starfox, F-Zero, or a new I.P.

Anyways, I think the reason Nintendo is putting Mario, DK, and Zelda out first is because they want to establish their installation base for the Wii U. Honestly though, I feel that a rehash (not a remake) or Starfox 64 with updated HD graphics on a Nintendo home console (not a handheld) would sell very well.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
I'd blame it more on Nintendo having difficulties with the translation to HD games more than anything. Perhaps the gen after Wii U we will see a Star Fox game made by Retro.

I'm all for it.
Oh, how I would love an HD Star Fox game~

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic with this question but, Tropical Freeze looks like a rehash of Returns, just with Cranky and Dixie Kong as playable characters. People were upset at E3 to find out Retros new surprise game is another Donkey Kong instead of Metroid, Starfox, F-Zero, or a new I.P.

Anyways, I think the reason Nintendo is putting Mario, DK, and Zelda out first is because they want to establish their installation base for the Wii U. Honestly though, I feel that a rehash (not a remake) or Starfox 64 with updated HD graphics on a Nintendo home console (not a handheld) would sell very well.
**** that mentality! Why can Metroid have a triology, but Donkey Kong can't have a second game? We never had anything worth **** after Rare left. Metroid Prime fans are spoiled ****s. 2D Metroid is where the series is at anyway. Yeah a few people where upset, guess what? The majority was happy as can be.

DKC was never put first. It isn't now either. If anything, Nintendo pushed Metroid before DKC for the longest time. And now what is happening? Donkey Kong Country sells like a hotcake, better than Metroid ever did. Again, 2D Metroid isn't dead, or shouldn't be cause there are plenty of developers left for it. Same with StarFox. Nobody but Retro can do DKC. So: Retro does DKC.

:rolleyes:

Meanwhile, in the Roster Prediction thread, everyone is talking about buffing ****ing Falco. Seriously, what the hell is happening here?

Here, take a Cranky Kong while we're at it.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
I would like to see krystal in, but sadly it doesn't look like there is going to be 4 star fox characters in the next smash ny, :(

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
I would like to see krystal in, but sadly it doesn't look like there is going to be 4 star fox characters in the next smash ny, :(
I don't know about that, I'd say that it's at least a little likely. At least somewhere around a 30 or 40 percent chance. If there's five reps for Mario, and then if we get five for Pokemon and Zelda, then I'd say that 4 reps wouldn't be too much to ask for.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
This roster seems to be a big gamble. I feel like someone could have guessed who was in Brawl and Melee's trailers (to an extent), but besides Megaman, I don't think many were expecting the other three. I wonder who our fifth character revealed will be? Sooner or later, I feel that the third parties HAVE to be revealed. I'm just not sure if it will be the next thing revealed.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Would be fine with no more new 3rd party characters. Ever again. :reverse:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If there's another third party I have a feeling they'll hold on until E3 for Max Hype but I feel there'll be a newcomer in the spring. Just look out for Nintendo directs.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
**** that mentality! Why can Metroid have a triology, but Donkey Kong can't have a second game? We never had anything worth **** after Rare left. Metroid Prime fans are spoiled ****s. 2D Metroid is where the series is at anyway.
Are you one of those DKC fans whose gonna be all buttmad if or whenever another Metroid Prime gets revealed? Because Nintendo/Retro renewed the trademark for Prime not that long ago..

Morbi

Scavenger
If there's another third party I have a feeling they'll hold on until E3 for Max Hype but I feel there'll be a newcomer in the spring. Just look out for Nintendo directs.
I don't really think they need to hold off until E3 to reveal a 3rd party character to be honest. If it is Snake, his hype is going to be almost non-existent, similar to how Sonic's hype was attenuated. I don't necessarily think a character like Pac-Man that everyone expects is even exciting.

If it is another 3rd party character aside from the 2 "most likely" it probably wouldn't add too much hype anyways. They are better to save Mewtwo or Ridley for e3 imo.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
To enter a fight, Krystal would totally ride in on a pterodactyl.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Or, one of those teleportation points from Adventures could appear, and she would materialize on top of it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Are you one of those DKC fans whose gonna be all buttmad if or whenever another Metroid Prime gets revealed? Because Nintendo/Retro renewed the trademark for Prime not that long ago..
Why should Metroid Prime get 4 games before DKCR gets it's triology completed with Kremlings?

Gamecube had: Metroid Prime & Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
Wii had: Metroid Prime 3
And in the meanwhile, the GBA got 2D Metroid games which stayed true to the real Metroid essence.

Meanwhile, DKC didn't got **** till Retro Studios made Donkey Kong Country Returns for Wii. DKC GBA remakes where okay, but Metroid got 2 full new games. Yes, Zero Mission counts as such. It's a retelling not so much a remake.

No really, you wanna compare Metroid Prime triology to.. the Donkey Konga triology? :rolleyes: Or how awesomely happy we should be for a Donkey Kong Jungle Beat remake for Wii, which, btw was far worse for our series than Other M was to yours.

I want Retro Studios to continue with Donkey Kong Country, at the very least untill we've had a triology. Preferably with Kremlings.

You Metroid Prime fans are the ones who are buttmad about Tropical Freeze if anything. Donkey Kong was far more dead than Metroid ever was. Yes, you are in a bad position now, but guess how long it took for there to be a propper Donkey Kong game? Some argue since 1996, the year DKC3 was released. Now complain all you want about no N64 Metroid and Other M, but Donkey Kong had it worse. Which is extremely sad because clearly DKC is the more profitable series of the two, and has by far more fans.

Also, not all DKC fans are Mario fans before you bring that **** up. Only Mario games that compare to DKC in quality / fun are Galaxy, and the Mario RPGs (which are a whole different genre anyway).

Wasn't this thread supposed to be about a StarFox character btw?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You know, big reason I also support Krystal is cause she's a Rare-created character that grew well into the series. I'd actually become upset if we don't see Krystal in a new StarFox game.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
You know, big reason I also support Krystal is cause she's a Rare-created character that grew well into the series. I'd actually become upset if we don't see Krystal in a new StarFox game.
No Krystal in any upcoming Star Fox games would destroy half my faith in the gaming world.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
You Metroid Prime fans are the ones who are buttmad about Tropical Freeze if anything. Donkey Kong was far more dead than Metroid ever was. Yes, you are in a bad position now, but guess how long it took for there to be a propper Donkey Kong game? Some argue since 1996, the year DKC3 was released. Now complain all you want about no N64 Metroid and Other M, but Donkey Kong had it worse. Which is extremely sad because clearly DKC is the more profitable series of the two, and has by far more fans.
?
I'm just buttmad about Starfox...

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Its not that we think a second donkey kong wasnt necessary its just we are hungry for those other magical ip's nintendo is keeping held hostage since we already had a taste of dk, I need a new star fox in my life!!!

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
I cannot die in peace until we get a new SF game.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I think we'll get a Wii U SF game. like shortie said its a matter of when, it'd be a waste not to make one for it. The potential is there, I'd image SF could use the gamepad quite well. Just don't go command with the plot this time....

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
I think we'll get a Wii U SF game. like shortie said its a matter of when, it'd be a waste not to make one for it. The potential is there, I'd image SF could use the gamepad quite well. Just don't go command with the plot this time....
I hope they don't continue off one of the endings from Command...
Especially that "Kursed" one. Please no.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I hope they don't continue off one of the endings from Command...
Especially that "Kursed" one. Please no.
I hope they do something new and totally forget command and treat it as non-canon because as I recall, it was "choose your adventure type plot" so i really hope they don't make it canon.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
did some research, and apparently (from a 7 year old interview) they will not continue off of command but between the 4 years of the aproid invasion and the anglur empire, so before command and after assault, don't know how reliable this is because it's 7 years old, and did some research about the canon ending, and according to a Nintendo power article, the canon ending is the one where Krystal leaves star fox and joins star wolf, I also don't know how reliable this one is either, but this is the best I could find . . .

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
did some research, and apparently (from a 7 year old interview) they will not continue off of command but between the 4 years of the aproid invasion and the anglur empire, so before command and after assault, don't know how reliable this is because it's 7 years old, and did some research about the canon ending, and according to a Nintendo power article, the canon ending is the one where Krystal leaves star fox and joins star wolf, I also don't know how reliable this one is either, but this is the best I could find . . .
Thanks bro, I would like to see them continue off assault.... cause I liked it but it was shortish for my tastes.

Like I said again..... just forget command happened nintendo :laugh: But if it somehow still makes a great SF game i'm all for it. can't wait for 2014 that's when they'll start announcing games other than mario and zelda..... can't wait for a possible SF wii u.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Thanks bro, I would like to see them continue off assault.... cause I liked it but it was shortish for my tastes.

Like I said again..... just forget command happened nintendo :laugh: But if it somehow still makes a great SF game i'm all for it. can't wait for 2014 that's when they'll start announcing games other than mario and zelda..... can't wait for a possible SF wii u.
no problem, that's just some of the best I could find, sorry I can't be more reliable, and yes I would like something to continue off of assault, It was actally pretty fun, just too short of a game,
command does need to be ignored, or at least just never continued off again, and I hope to god there would be Star Fox wii u game, I would do barrel rolls all day long if it happen

its been too dam long . . . . . . . . . . . . . . make It happen Nintendo!

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Why should Metroid Prime get 4 games before DKCR gets it's triology completed with Kremlings?

Gamecube had: Metroid Prime & Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
Wii had: Metroid Prime 3
And in the meanwhile, the GBA got 2D Metroid games which stayed true to the real Metroid essence.

Meanwhile, DKC didn't got **** till Retro Studios made Donkey Kong Country Returns for Wii. DKC GBA remakes where okay, but Metroid got 2 full new games. Yes, Zero Mission counts as such. It's a retelling not so much a remake.

No really, you wanna compare Metroid Prime triology to.. the Donkey Konga triology? :rolleyes: Or how awesomely happy we should be for a Donkey Kong Jungle Beat remake for Wii, which, btw was far worse for our series than Other M was to yours.

I want Retro Studios to continue with Donkey Kong Country, at the very least untill we've had a triology. Preferably with Kremlings.

Also, not all DKC fans are Mario fans before you bring that **** up. Only Mario games that compare to DKC in quality / fun are Galaxy, and the Mario RPGs (which are a whole different genre anyway).

Wasn't this thread supposed to be about a StarFox character btw?
What is this, some kind of pity party or pissing contest to tell whose had it worse than the other and why Retro should cater only to them?

Look, I don't care what happens first between another DKC after Tropical Freeze or another Metroid Prime, as I'd be happy enough with either one from Retro. You know what I am sick of though? Is Metroid or DKC fans acting like it has to be one or the other as far as Retro tossing them a bone. They're a pretty big studio that can easily handle doing more than one project at a time like that, or even doing a Star Fox as a side project while they're at it.

Tropical Freeze I'm actually looking forward to (as much as the next person on the K. Rool thread and such) and will prolly be the first thing I buy whenever I get a Wii U, so label Prime fans all you want, but if either of us is being buttmad here, it's you with all that ranting. And like it or not, Nintendo has lately shown more interest in expanding the Metorid universe with another Prime type of game (hence why they eventually renewed the license recently), so I wouldn't count on another 2D Metroid still, which hasn't happened since 2004 anyway. They know too that at least another Prime would be more profitable than Metroid: Another M.

And I wasn't even gonna compared DKC fans to Mario fans or some **** like that. Labeling/comparing fans is clearly more your territory. I agree though that the Galaxy games and the RPGs and the like are the Mario stuff comparable to DKC in quality.

More on topic, I'd actually be fine if Retro were to put both Prime and DKC on hold in the future for another Star Fox. If we're to talk about what has had it worse the whole previous gen, clearly it's Star Fox. IMO they actually had it worse with SF Command than DK did with Jungle Beat or Metroid did with Other M. Thankfully, Command is deemed non-canon at least.

Top Bottom