• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
R.O.B got in because he is important to nintendo's history same with G&W and WFT
krystal is not important to nintendo's history the only way she would get in is because of popularity (most of the fans being furries)
ARE YOU KIDDING?! Krystal's way more important to Nintendo's history. She saved Nintendo back in Vietnam. I was there and I saw some things man!

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
R.O.B got in because he is important to nintendo's history same with G&W and WFT
krystal is not important to nintendo's history the only way she would get in is because of popularity (most of the fans being furries)
Actually the WFT as a character isn't so important to Nintendo's history, however, WiiFit is.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman

the board is right there in the left corner. He is the guy who greets you when ever you play the game.

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
R.O.B was created to help nintendo after the video game crash of 1983 it allowed nintendo to market the NES as a toy R.O.B is very important
I won't argue that R.O.B. was and is important for nintendo history during those hard times in the console busines. But it's clearly that was quite a failure. It cost a lot of money to Nintendo. All changed when SNES arrived in the USA. Nintendo finally got the power.

R.O.B. was a failure, but stil being an awesome WTF character in the Smash Bros roster. Aswell as Wii Fit Trainer. We're all like "What da fuq is that?". But clearly it'll be more than fun to see a Rob and WFT v Link and Mario on a team battle :laugh:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Truth be told, ROB was only important to the North American release because he was used to persuade toy stores to actually stock NES's after the massive video game crash of the early 80's. "What? Oh, this isn't a video game console... it's a... a... toy robot! Yeah, that's what it is! Totally not the thing that cost American companies millions of dollars; totally not." Also, if we were to judge characters based on their overall importance to Nintendo, Smash Bros probably wouldn't have progressed further than a 20 characters tops with 8 being the Mario related characters in Brawl.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I won't argue that R.O.B. was and is important for nintendo history during those hard times in the console busines. But it's clearly that was quite a failure. It cost a lot of money to Nintendo. All changed when SNES arrived in the USA. Nintendo finally got the power.

R.O.B. was a failure, but stil being an awesome WTF character in the Smash Bros roster. Aswell as Wii Fit Trainer. We're all like "What da fuq is that?". But clearly it'll be more than fun to see a Rob and WFT v Link and Mario on a team battle :laugh:
R.O.B. wasn't a failure because it served it's intended purpose. I don't think it cost a lot of money to Nintendo in the long run. Any cost for producing the unit in it's short lifespan is greatly outweighed by that fact that it allowed the NES to be sold by retailers in the American market. R.O.B. was designed specifically to be a trojan horse toy for the NES. That's why it was discontinued after the NES became an undisputed success.
Source: http://web.archive.org/web/20070612....com/articles/july03/25smartest/index22.shtml

ROB was a great retro character add. I think Krystal could be a great add for the Smash Series as well, but I don't thinking adding her will lead to renewed interest in the SF series. It's different for Pit because adding him was adding the first character from his franchise and the main protagonist. Wolf didn't lead to a new game in the SF series.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
I think Krystal could be a great add for the Smash Series as well, but I don't thinking adding her will lead to renewed interest in the SF series. It's different for Pit because adding him was adding the first character from his franchise and the main protagonist. Wolf didn't lead to a new game in the SF series.
There's a difference between Krystal and Wolf. StarFox adventure's is the dividing game between retro and recent StarFox games. Wolf made his apperance in on the 64 version ( well... I guess it was really StarFox 2 for the SNES but that was unofficially released), anyways, he is considered to be a retro character. We did get a remake of the 64 version after Brawl, but if a parrallel universe existed where Krystal made it in as opposed to Wolf they might have gotten something different, then again maybe not since Command was still fairly recent at that time. I think her appearance in this game would have a bigger impact now than at the time of Brawl because Command was 7 years ago. It could push the StarFox storyline forward (yeah I know command might not be in cannon... but maybe start over where they left off on Assault) into a new era going back to it's roots of classic gameplay.

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
Inspired by the discussion we had yesterday, I drew this on Miiverse last night:

Hahahah! That's awesome! xD Keep doing this awesome drawings!

R.O.B. wasn't a failure because it served it's intended purpose. I don't think it cost a lot of money to Nintendo in the long run. Any cost for producing the unit in it's short lifespan is greatly outweighed by that fact that it allowed the NES to be sold by retailers in the American market. R.O.B. was designed specifically to be a trojan horse toy for the NES. That's why it was discontinued after the NES became an undisputed success.
Source: http://web.archive.org/web/20070612....com/articles/july03/25smartest/index22.shtml
I love this description: was designed specifically to be a trojan horse toy for the NES. I agree with your point.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
There's a difference between Krystal and Wolf. StarFox adventure's is the dividing game between retro and recent StarFox games. Wolf made his apperance in on the 64 version ( well... I guess it was really StarFox 2 for the SNES but that was unofficially released), anyways, he is considered to be a retro character. We did get a remake of the 64 version after Brawl, but if a parrallel universe existed where Krystal made it in as opposed to Wolf they might have gotten something different, then again maybe not since Command was still fairly recent at that time. I think her appearance in this game would have a bigger impact now than at the time of Brawl because Command was 7 years ago. It could push the StarFox storyline forward (yeah I know command might not be in cannon... but maybe start over where they left off on Assault) into a new era going back to it's roots of classic gameplay.
I don't really consider him a retro character since he's continued to appear, or that would make virtually everyone else in SF that first appeared in 64 retro.

My point is that Krystal's inclusion won't lead to a demand for a new game. She should get in on her own merits, and I think she is very worthy to make it in. The revival of the Star Fox franchise relies on if Nintendo can come up with a new gameplay mechanic that would be well suited for Star Fox. Her inclusion and the inclusion of Pit in Brawl are not really comparable because Kid Icarus was much deader franchise, and Pit was not just revived, but they redesigned the main character and everything else related to the game.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
I don't really consider him a retro character since he's continued to appear, or that would make virtually everyone else in SF that first appeared in 64 retro.

My point is that Krystal's inclusion won't lead to a demand for a new game. She should get in on her own merits, and I think she is very worthy to make it in. The revival of the Star Fox franchise relies on if Nintendo can come up with a new gameplay mechanic that would be well suited for Star Fox. Her inclusion and the inclusion of Pit in Brawl are not really comparable because Kid Icarus was much deader franchise, and Pit was not just revived, but they redesigned the main character and everything else related to the game.
There always has been a demand out there for the game, but I do think it's safe to say that her inclusion will spark some more interests.

Reznor

work in progress
There always has been a demand out there for the game, but I do think it's safe to say that her inclusion will spark some more interests.
Wolf didn't spark any more interest why would Krystal be any different

and the only way I see krystal becoming a playable character is if she replaces a Starfox character already in game

Reznor

work in progress
Krystal IMO has a 50/50, I mean we have gotten a new star fox character every game.
because Starfox was still making games back then but we haven't gotten a starfox game in almost 10 years (remakes don't count)

now you may say "what about retro reps they haven't had a game in over 10 years" true but they only have 1 character to rep the series Earthbound being the exception (earthbound got lucky ness was gonna be cut)

but what I have said only applies if we are talking about krystal becoming the 4th starfox character the chances of krystal replacing a character (most likely wolf) would be higher but still low

Reznor

work in progress
Lol why would wolf get cut he is way more important than falco, if a character is cut it will be falco. Also I doubt wolf got in just because command was released, wolf was a very popular choice.
Falco got in smash before Wolf and from what I've seen might be the most popular Starfox character

I was talking about Starfox still being relevant thats why they added more starfox characters (wolf being the most requested)

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
I was thinking... wouldn't the inclution of Krystal encourage Nintendo to develop a StarFox game. Miyamoto stated that his personal favorite choice for a franchise to appear on WiiU is Star Fox. Many people were hoping for a new StarFox at E3.
The appearance of Pit in Brawl created a demand for a new Kid Icarus. I thought it was quite impressive to bring his series back after all those years!

Krystal isn't even the main character of Star Fox O_o

totally inaccurate comparison.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Anyway, if we wanna step out of the flames into the frying pan; what should her final smash be?

And to disarm the trolls: LANDMASTER!

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Falco got in smash before Wolf and from what I've seen might be the most popular Starfox character

I was talking about Starfox still being relevant thats why they added more starfox characters (wolf being the most requested)
Wolf is clearly more of an Allstar compared to falco, anybody who wants falco over wolf doesn't know anything about the starfox games. He's only popular because he was good in melee and brawl.

Reznor

work in progress
Wolf is clearly more of an Allstar compared to falco, anybody who wants falco over wolf doesn't know anything about the starfox games. He's only popular because he was good in melee and brawl.
it might be his personality or something but people really like falco (even before Melee)

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
possible final smashes:
-the superquake ( although I would rather it be her down special)
[collapse=superquake]
krystal-super-quake.gif
[/collapse]

-she also could call in an air strike and have arwings fly by and shoot the stage

-she could also command dinosaurs to come to her aid create a stampede

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Wolf was originally intended to be a recolor of Fox in Melee but the difference was so subtle visually that they went with Falco to make sure nobody confused the two characters. Also, Falco beat out Wolf in the Melee poll:

Star Fox
(1) Falco: 7
(2) Slippy: 5
(3) Wolf: 4
(4) Peppy: 2

Mewtario

Smash Ace
On the subject of Wolf's inclusion not sparking another Star Fox game, there WAS Star Fox 64 3D. I know I am likely using post hoc ergo propter hoc here, and that it was merely an upgraded remake, but that game DID include Wolf, and was from the series that Wolf originated from.

D

Deleted member

Just when I thought this thread would be more durable taking a neutrality route, I see R.O.B. bashing, Falco bashing, and treating "patterns" as evidence. -_-

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Wolf was originally intended to be a recolor of Fox in Melee but the difference was so subtle visually that they went with Falco to make sure nobody confused the two characters. Also, Falco beat out Wolf in the Melee poll:

Star Fox
(1) Falco: 7
(2) Slippy: 5
(3) Wolf: 4
(4) Peppy: 2

lol, Slippy was ahead of Wolf? :laugh:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Again, if you include Krystal...

Fox
Falco
Wolf
AND Krystal.

Any other route would lead to complaints.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Any other route would lead to complaints.
You (or rather, Sakurai) can't please everyone.

I was actually pro-Wolf before Melee, then that all but dissipated once I found out Falco was in.

Just don't really care for what they've done with him as far as the series is concerned. Much less in Brawl (WolfenLandmaster).
That all said, I agree with your post. But we don't live in a perfect world (even then, people would/do complain that SF is over-rep'd).

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
You (or rather, Sakurai) can't please everyone.

I was actually pro-Wolf before Melee, then that all but dissipated once I found out Falco was in.

Just don't really care for what they've done with him as far as the series is concerned. Much less in Brawl (WolfenLandmaster).
That all said, I agree with your post. But we don't live in a perfect world (even then, people would/do complain that SF is over-rep'd).
I do think that every SF character getting a Tank for a final smash is pretty obnoxious. I wonder if it ever bothered Sakurai.

people who don't want a 4th SF rep think that it's unfair for the other franchises. I look more at what a character can bring to smash ( although I do find Samus and Capt. Falcon lonely). If a character from an under represented or an unrepresented franchise is not good smash material then don't try to force that character in.

Top Bottom