• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
These 2 guys /\/\
Anyways, what costume do you think Krystal will have if she gets in? or will she have her own Smash Bros. Costume like Marth.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Anyways, what costume do you think Krystal will have if she gets in? or will she have her own Smash Bros. Costume like Marth.
Seeing how Fox still has his Starfox command design and if Falco and Wolf will stick to that design as well. I'd wager the same would be for Krystal really. Not sure though. :/

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Come to think of it...

Dark? Have you ever gone into a character support thread and actually supported the character in question?

I've only seen you hate on Krystal and Ridley.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Come to think of it...

Dark? Have you ever gone into a character support thread and actually supported the character in question?

Yes. Jigglypuff :)

I don't hate Ridley at all. I just don't see him being in Smash.

Reznor

work in progress
Come to think of it...

he hates on geno also thats why I like him

Ascended

Smash Ace
DUDE! That picture is AWESOME! I love how it's her Command uniform, but she's also got the Star Fox team jack over it. Excellent blend of artstyles!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
It's people like this I can't stand.
To each their own, I can't say I'm not puking rainbows from all the happy-go-lucky optimists for some ideas.

Come to think of it...

Don't forget Geno.

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
Blindfox posted this a couple of days ago:

I like this look primarily because it's basically an updated version of her "Star Wolf" Command look.

This artist have a bunch of Star Fox character designs and some other cool OC designs

[COLLAPSE="Pictures"]

[/COLLAPSE]

All of them are better than... This... [COLLAPSE="Poor design"]
[/COLLAPSE]

The JECBrush designs look way more pro and "realistic".[/quote]

Also found this today :)

These 2 guys /\/\
If she gets in, she definetely won't get the Adventures design, and I don't really think that she'll have the Assault costume. I expect something like that drawing. Like Fox's design but a lil bit different. Also, there have been some rumors about customizable characters (Different costumes like Wario on Brawl) if it's true, I wouldn't worry about her costume.

In my opinion that customizable idea looks so cool. Imagine Link with the Zora armor, Mario with the cat costume (New Wii U Mario game) and so on.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think Krystal should have a costume tune-up like Wolf got in Brawl. Not in Wolf's Space Biker Style but in the vein of it being her Assault outfit but updated.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
with the release of the new Kid Icarus stage people are getting excited about Palutena. Not that I would be dissapointed with her making it, but people tend to think she is competing against Krystal for a spot since there both female, have staffs, and use magic.

I have never played the Kid Icarus uprising, but it seems that Palutena fights with a one-handed rod and shield while Krystal uses a two handed staff. I was wondering... do people think that Palutena has a better chance than Krystal?

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
with the release of the new Kid Icarus stage people are getting excited about Palutena. Not that I would be dissapointed with her making it, but people tend to think she is competing against Krystal for a spot since there both female, have staffs, and use magic.

I have never played the Kid Icarus uprising, but it seems that Palutena fights with a one-handed rod and shield while Krystal uses a two handed staff. I was wondering... do people think that Palutena has a better chance than Krystal?

I'd say Palutena probably has a better chance, yeah. She has no major competition for that second series rep position in my eyes. Others might disagree and cite Medusa or Hades' chances, but I really can't see them getting in over her based on her importance to the series, popularity, and great moveset potential. Krystal seems to have a modest following and just as much moveset potential, but her relevance to her home series is much more debatable, and there's a good chance that either Falco or Wolf will have to go in order to justify adding her. Her position is simply not as favorable as Palutena's at this point.

Reznor

work in progress

yes Palutena does have a better chance

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd have to say that Palutena's chances are better but I'd see their potential gameplay styles as very different. Krystal seems mid-ranged with her long staff while Palutena could work as a female heavy hitter. There's no limit on any gender so why not both?

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
I'd say Palutena probably has a better chance, yeah. She has no major competition for that second series rep position in my eyes. Others might disagree and cite Medusa or Hades' chances, but I really can't see them getting in over her based on her importance to the series, popularity, and great moveset potential. Krystal seems to have a modest following and just as much moveset potential, but her relevance to her home series is much more debatable, and there's a good chance that either Falco or Wolf will have to go in order to justify adding her. Her position is simply not as favorable as Palutena's at this point.
I kind of seems to me that what's going for her is that she is considered a relevant character and people want a second representative for Kid Icarus, but she's not playable in the game is she?

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I think Krystal would be good for Smash 4. She seems like she would be much different than Fox, Falco, and Wolf, because of her staff. It will be interesting to see how it plays out if she makes it in to the next game.

Reznor

work in progress
just going to ask how do we know she will get her staff if she is playable we can't just assume she will get it

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
I kind of seems to me that what's going for her is that she is considered a relevant character and people want a second representative for Kid Icarus, but she's not playable in the game is she?

No, I don't believe Palutena is a playable character in Uprising (someone correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't finish the game). So I suppose Krystal does have that going for her...ish. Krystal's playable roles are mostly in-vehicle aside from the very brief prologue of Adventures, so I wouldn't really rely too much on that point. Palutena is a boss in the game, however, so that's how we're really able to gauge her playability, I believe. Not to say that I don't want to see both in Smash; quite the contrary. I just think Palutena has a much stronger case for getting in.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Remember there are characters in Brawl, unplayable anywhere else. Mostly Zelda characters but they exist so playability is not an issue.

For the Record the characters are Princess Zelda (What the **** a CDi?), Sheik, Ganondorf and Wii Fit Trainer.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I feel like Palutena's role in KI is very similar to Zelda's in LoZ. The Japanese title of KI is "Palutena's Mirror", so they're both the title character and they both hold the main supporting role.

While Krystal's role in SF:Adventures was rather big, I do think it's safe to say that Palutena is more important to Kid Icarus than Krystal is to Star Fox.

I don't really see them as "competing", though. I think Palutena's moveset would be characterized more by her Light/Solar Magic and Krystal would be a more physical in-your-face staff fighter.

Also, I think we can all agree that anybody and everybody named Ryan is a badass mutha fluffer.

It's just a fact. A fact that's even supported by Urban Dictionary.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ryan

Reznor

work in progress
If not the staff, what would she use? You tell me. :upsidedown:
it's safe to say she would play like the rest of the Starfox characters just a little different
it seems Sakurai likes to make all the Starfox characters play alike

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

I'd almost say it's like comparing apples and oranges because Palutena doesn't directly attack with her staff while Krystal largely does. Palutena primarily attacks using long distance magic while Krystal is mostly close combat except for her fireball spell. Even though I argued it in the Brawl days, I think the concept of "competing for a spot" in Smash Bros is a huge misnomer and characters get in based on their own credentials as opposed to beating out others. I honestly don't think Sakurai sits in his office chair with a picture of a character in each hand and debates who would be the better choice with beads of sweat dripping down his face as he bites his bottom lip and his eyes dart back and forth between the two pictures. There's easily enough room in Smash for both and the three things you mentioned are the only real similarities between them. With Mario and Luigi being twins, Lucas being Ness's reincarnation, and Fox having two semi-clones, the similarities between Krystal and Palutena are paltry in comparison.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
I'd almost say it's like comparing apples and oranges because Palutena doesn't directly attack with her staff while Krystal largely does. Palutena primarily attacks using long distance magic while Krystal is mostly close combat except for her fireball spell. Even though I argued it in the Brawl days, I think the concept of "competing for a spot" in Smash Bros is a huge misnomer and characters get in based on their own credentials as opposed to beating out others. I honestly don't think Sakurai sits in his office chair with a picture of a character in each hand and debates who would be the better choice with beads of sweat dripping down his face as he bites his bottom lip and his eyes dart back and forth between the two pictures. There's easily enough room in Smash for both and the three things you mentioned are the only real similarities between them. With Mario and Luigi being twins, Lucas being Ness's reincarnation, and Fox having two semi-clones, the similarities between Krystal and Palutena are paltry in comparison.
It just seem like now we are going to hit the limit of characters, but I guess the real question would be if Palutena has a higher priority over Krystal. He might try to put Palutena and other characters in before he even attempts to put in Krystal.

Also would you suppose that they balance the characters during their creation or when they get the roster filled? It's very possible they do both, but it seem more logical to balance it out at the end.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It just seem like now we are going to hit the limit of characters, but I guess the real question would be if Palutena has a higher priority over Krystal. He might try to put Palutena and other characters in before he even attempts to put in Krystal.

Also would you suppose that they balance the characters during there creation or when they get the roster filled? It's very possible they do both, but it seem more logical to balance it out at the end.
We really have no way of knowing as Sakurai has been dead silent on both characters and we really have no way of knowing when characters were actually added into the game until the game actually comes out and someone's cracks its encryption to look at all the data. Apparently drawing up the rosters is one of the first things he tries to knock out with each game and I imagine that implementing the old characters comes next before moving onto the new ones. Supposedly, aside from Sonic, Jigglypuff, Toon Link, and Wolf, the cast was complete and in Brawl by E3 06 so this adds evidence to my previous statement. As to that, I think that character balance is an ongoing process that lasts most of the development time in that after the characters are added they are balanced by how they perform on the various stages and how they do against each other.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure the idea of Krystal fighting with her staff has come across his mind, also maybe another Fox clone move set, but like MagnesD3 stated above Sakurai's not that stupid...

I guess the next determining factor is whether she is popular enough, although R.O.B kind of proved that process of thinking wrong and increased the possibilies.

I'm sure Megaman will boost sales and maybe Ridley if he's added, but I doubt Sakurai's intentions of adding R.O.B to Brawl were for sales. Krystal probaly isn't a character to make much of a profit off of, but she would be really fun!

Reznor

work in progress
I'm sure the idea of Krystal fighting with her staff has come across his mind, also maybe another Fox clone move set, but like MagnesD3 stated above Sakurai's not that stupid...

I guess the next determining factor is whether she is popular enough, although R.O.B kind of proved that process of thinking wrong and increased the possibilies.

I'm sure Megaman will boost sales and maybe Ridley if he's added, but I doubt Sakurai's intentions of adding R.O.B to Brawl were for sales. Krystal probaly isn't a character to make much of a profit off of, but she would be really fun!
R.O.B got in because he is important to nintendo's history same with G&W and WFT
krystal is not important to nintendo's history the only way she would get in is because of popularity (most of the fans being furries)

Top Bottom