• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Well it seems Source Gaming are now aware of the fact it's Jordan who's brought those sudden flood of votes into the poll, so I guess we'll have to wait and see how many of those votes they're going to take into consideration.
Yeah he knows now finally. Hopefully now with a face to the numbers/a source for the votes they won't be so quick to call foul play on things related to Krystal for now on.

Edit: LOL Two people voted for Jordan in the Poll.

Edit 2: And my Notifications blew up as well. This is fun. :3

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Yeah he knows now finally. Hopefully now with a face to the numbers/a source for the votes they won't be so quick to call foul play on things related to Krystal for now on.

Edit: LOL Two people voted for Jordan in the Poll.

Edit 2: And my Notifications blew up as well. This is fun. :3
Well, the Krystal support is legit. I've seen many of Jordan's followers copy paste evidence of their ballot votes on his Twitter. I'm glad Krystal supporters are pretty well connected to each other across the internet. Jordan is huge contributer to Krystal's support, but I know there's other supporters in other communities out there too. Places I don't ever even go.

Now it's up to other character support communities on Smashboards to spread it out to other places where more people like them hang out. That is, if they want to compete with Krystal in this poll, heh. If Source Gaming follows the bread crumbs they'll see that this Krystal support is legit, like I said.

The only reason to not include these votes is if Source Gaming wants to only take votes from Smash communities like Smashboards, the Smash community on NeoGaf, "SmashFAQs", and Reddit's Smash community. Even so Twitter has it's own Smash DLC groups even if not all of Jordan's followers are a part of that. I wonder how Miiverse would be involved in this poll too?

Edit: Btw, here's "Source Gaming's" reaction on Smashboards. Second post.
http://smashboards.com/threads/nint...p-and-the-frost.416098/page-127#post-20104984
PushDustIn is basically the face of Source Gaming btw.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Seems like this was a bad night for me to not get notifications for this thread...

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
All that talk of the poll, heh. Apparently Jordan found it now.
Heh, yeah, I missed that too. But like I told you in our conversation, I was going to try planting that seed again. Just glad it grew without my supervision. Special thanks to FoxFire... and of course, Jordan.

Last edited:

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
You don't get noticed of people reporting you. Many of us think its a special server that people are sent to if people are reported a number of times automatically. Have you noticed the players you right are either really good, annoyingly bad or just unsportsmanlike? That is because the good players are getting reported by the people that get destroyed by them out of salt. The annoying players are just reported for being annoying and the unsportsmanlike are being reported because well...being rude/mean. Because I noticed this a lot as of the last few months of playing.
Yeah you're right. I keep finding trolls and/or well exprienced players now when I do find someone. O.o wow.. I can't believe I've most likely have been reported for playing the game the way it's supposed to be played in for fun. :/ unlike most people who run away after they get a point until the time ends or Taunt every time they get a point. Thanks for letting me know :)

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Heh, yeah, I missed that too. But like I told you in our conversation, I was going to try planting that seed again. Just glad it grew without my supervision. Special thanks to FoxFire... and of course, Jordan.
Your very welcome. Krystal is my number one most wanted and anything I can do to help her out is what I am going to do if I can do it. Just wish I could draw...

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
We Krystal supporters are a very tight knit group as we all know, we defend each other, all the adversity we face (Krystal hate, Possible retcon in Zero, etc.) only makes us stronger and closer

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
There was a topic some time ago on GameFAQs that I really enjoyed and like'd reading everyone's reposes which was,
"What is the first thing you will do if your most wanted gets added as DLC, besides buy/download them?"

So. What would be the first thing you all would do?

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
There was a topic some time ago on GameFAQs that I really enjoyed and like'd reading everyone's reposes which was,
"What is the first thing you will do if your most wanted gets added as DLC, besides buy/download them?"

Take her for a spin in Training to get a feel for her moveset and see what strategies I can come up with.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord

I'd admire my new trophy first. Then I'd take her into training and just see what she does for a while. Exercise all the moves, see how they're animated, how the hitboxes work, the damage output, any easy to discover combos, etc. I'd also pause just to see how many different expressions she has while doing stuff... I love noticing when characters have different expressions during moves. Next, I might do a few random computer matches just to see what works on active AI. Plus it would officially get her on my stats and moving her way on up the ranks of my most used. I wouldn't do that for too long though because the best way to officially introduce a new character is take them into Classic and get that other trophy. I'd do it on 7.0 since that's the standard I set for all new characters since doing the challenge. Then I'd take her into All-Star on Hard to get that other trophy. After that, she'd officially be part of the team and most of the rest of what I'd do is many many offline matches against computers and with friends offline and online. I'd probably get some fun pics of her during this time by pausing during comp matches. Play against Fox and Falco and set up fun scenes. It would be a while of offline or just with friends stuff before I took her onto FG.

If Wolf came with her, I'd do all this stuff for him first. For instance, I'd do Classic with him, and then Classic with her, then All Star with him, and All Star with her. So not like everything with Wolf and then everything with Krystal. Can you imagine holding of on using Krystal for that long? Wolf would be first for me because he's the vet and the third member of the Star Fox representation, Krystal second because I like to save the big rewards for last and she's the newcomer and 4th rep.

Also, if I feel there's a proper order to how I should approach the new DLC, I do it because I'm funny that way. For instance, Lucas was announced first so I did Classic with him first, Roy was second because he was the other vet that got announced later, and Ryu third because he was the unique newcomer. I suppose the order the characters are on the character select screen worked out with how I perceived this order, heh. So even if Krystal came with some other character besides Wolf as DLC, but I felt that other character was "first", I'd play them first probably. I wont know that sort of thing until it's introduced to me however.

Sure is a process for me I guess. Just thinking about it makes me happy though. I love the process and checking everything out in just the right way.

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman

Assuming you mean after I've downloaded the DLC, I'd probably play a few games in the regular smash mode first, just to get used to her moveset and then complete classic mode, just to see what her second trophy would look like. If she came with a stage, then I'd want to check that out, too. I'll be honest, if Krystal became a character, I'd definitely end up playing Smash more often than I currently do, so I'd probably try to perfect her to the best of my ability and then try to whoop as many butts online as I possibly could.

The troll in me would also probably be tempted to change the nickname to "LOL KRYSTAL GOT IN" or something, in an attempt to peeve off any potential haters I come across. I'd find it pretty hilarious if everyone just spammed Krystal online, for that very reason, even if for just a small time until the dust settled. I'm pretty indifferent about haters and try to ignore them as best I can, but if there were ever a time to mess with their heads, that'd be it.

Last edited:

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne

CRY TEARS OF JOY!

Then have a sexy dance party!

Then actually play as her

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace

I promised my bro that if she got in, I'd drink as cause for celebration. Just that once, though--don't get any wrong ideas!

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
I'd admire my new trophy first. Then I'd take her into training and just see what she does for a while. Exercise all the moves, see how they're animated, how the hitboxes work, the damage output, any easy to discover combos, etc. I'd also pause just to see how many different expressions she has while doing stuff... I love noticing when characters have different expressions during moves. Next, I might do a few random computer matches just to see what works on active AI. Plus it would officially get her on my stats and moving her way on up the ranks of my most used. I wouldn't do that for too long though because the best way to officially introduce a new character is take them into Classic and get that other trophy. I'd do it on 7.0 since that's the standard I set for all new characters since doing the challenge. Then I'd take her into All-Star on Hard to get that other trophy. After that, she'd officially be part of the team and most of the rest of what I'd do is many many offline matches against computers and with friends offline and online. I'd probably get some fun pics of her during this time by pausing during comp matches. Play against Fox and Falco and set up fun scenes. It would be a while of offline or just with friends stuff before I took her onto FG.

If Wolf came with her, I'd do all this stuff for him first. For instance, I'd do Classic with him, and then Classic with her, then All Star with him, and All Star with her. So not like everything with Wolf and then everything with Krystal. Can you imagine holding of on using Krystal for that long? Wolf would be first for me because he's the vet and the third member of the Star Fox representation, Krystal second because I like to save the big rewards for last and she's the newcomer and 4th rep.

Also, if I feel there's a proper order to how I should approach the new DLC, I do it because I'm funny that way. For instance, Lucas was announced first so I did Classic with him first, Roy was second because he was the other vet that got announced later, and Ryu third because he was the unique newcomer. I suppose the order the characters are on the character select screen worked out with how I perceived this order, heh. So even if Krystal came with some other character besides Wolf as DLC, but I felt that other character was "first", I'd play them first probably. I wont know that sort of thing until it's introduced to me however.

Sure is a process for me I guess. Just thinking about it makes me happy though. I love the process and checking everything out in just the right way.
That is almost exactly what I intend to do with Krystal besides the Classic and All-Star modes since I don't really like them.

I promised my bro that if she got in, I'd drink as cause for celebration. Just that once, though--don't get any wrong ideas!
I told me friend that I would get more into the competitive side of Smash with him if Krystal got added as my new main. I'm already doing the competitive side right now with Little Mac but Krystal would become my Co-Main instead alongside with Little Mac.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
That is almost exactly what I intend to do with Krystal besides the Classic and All-Star modes since I don't really like them.

I told me friend that I would get more into the competitive side of Smash with him if Krystal got added as my new main. I'm already doing the competitive side right now with Little Mac but Krystal would become my Co-Main instead alongside with Little Mac.
I'm a completionist, heh. I love scanning all the characters on a solo mode and seeing every character has their own high score. It's funny how the scoring works. Sometimes I'm surprised what kind of score a run gets sometimes. Plus I actually do like the solo modes, at least doing them at least once with every character. Not to mention the trophies!

Last edited:

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282

I'd be like

and start playing as them for months.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203

This would be my initial reaction to her getting in towards the people who didn't want her in
Then I'd go in to training mode and learn Krystal's moveset before going online with her to learn match-ups against other characters. Finally I'd go in to tournament mode and Krystallize everyone XD.

Last edited:

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !

I know my first reaction will be something like freaking out or screming YES! FINALLY!
Dancing maybe :grin:

second thing would be payback:demon: ahem theres a feeeeeww people I want to have civic convesations with *wink *troll face

I would throw in a celebration Skip classes play very early till night maybe?
I would get the classic, all star trophy (9.0 Intensity) day one just after getting some training practice with her fighting against CPU and what not.

secound day would be online battling

Step 5 wait for the iminent Amiibo release....

Of course I would still hang out here probably on Krystal's character discussion hope to still see some of you guys there.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
New Big Poll! It's Source Gaming's biggest Smash poll yet!

NEW POLLING EFFORT BY @@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11
The SG team has helped BluePikmin reorganize his individual character polls into 4 parts. We've also provided pre-filled out forms with neutral responses so people can navigate quickly. Hopefully this will yield more and better information for future posts.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Like with the last Source Gaming Poll, lets try to make sure everyone of us represents Krystal's strong support... and be sure to spread it out to places you know there's more of us!

Linking BluePikmin's post below even though it's just a couple posts up, just so everyone knows what I'm talking about. It takes a little while but it's worth it to represent Krystal. And yeah, I'm not a fan of having the "negative vote" options, but it's still a chance to bring out the representation. (I'll probably link this again when we go to a new page. Kind of surprised it's been so dead in here since this post was made, but I assume some of us have already participated.)

New Big Poll! It's Source Gaming's biggest Smash poll yet!

NEW POLLING EFFORT BY @@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11
The SG team has helped BluePikmin reorganize his individual character polls into 4 parts. We've also provided pre-filled out forms with neutral responses so people can navigate quickly. Hopefully this will yield more and better information for future posts.
I want to see her support outnumber the haters. I know we can do that. Again, it's Source Gaming so it's a reputable source for Smash info so it benefits us to have a good showing in this poll. And hey, let us know you voted and stuff too.

Go Krystal!

Last edited:

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
Like with the last Source Gaming Poll, lets try to make sure everyone of us represents Krystal's strong support... and be sure to spread it out to places you know there's more of us!

Linking BluePikmin's post below even though it's just a couple posts up, just so everyone knows what I'm talking about. It takes a little while but it's worth it to represent Krystal. And yeah, I'm not a fan of having the "negative vote" options, but it's still a chance to bring out the representation. (I'll probably link this again when we go to a new page. Kind of surprised it's been so dead in here since this post was made, but I assume some of us have already participated.)

I want to see her support outnumber the haters. I know we can do that. Again, it's Source Gaming so it's a reputable source for Smash info so it benefits us to have a good showing in this poll. And hey, let us know you voted and stuff too.

Go Krystal!
Just took the poll. Currently she is rated equally in terms of absolute yes (5) and absolute no (1). A lot more indifference than I expected. Krystal has always been a very polarizing character but there are many votes that rated her 2-4.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Just took the poll. Currently she is rated equally in terms of absolute yes (5) and absolute no (1). A lot more indifference than I expected. Krystal has always been a very polarizing character but there are many votes that rated her 2-4.
Well, fives are basically ballot votes I imagine. And lots of people are voting 1 for a wide spectrum ranging from "don't really want", "no because I want other thing more", and "hate passionately". Twos are the least touched vote it seems. Fours I imagine are basically, "on my short list of wants but not a ballot vote". Though I think some five voters could just be including all their wants even if they didn't ballot vote them all. And then some people ballot voted a lot anyways, heh.

I think if Krystal's 4 + 5 votes outnumber her 1 + 2 votes, then that'll be good. But the real goal will be to have her 5 votes outnumber her 1 votes. Could be a tall ask with all the random 1 votes people are handing out on this poll in general. It's about representing our character though, and fortunately the 5s are what matter to the ballot.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord

Operator we need to call Jordan.
Not sure how many of Jordan's followers with plow through a poll like this, lol. He can rally quick support and I know we have ballot voters among his ranks, but this poll takes even more dedication than the ballot itself! I'd be impressed if we got half of what we usually do from him.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I could've waited for the comprehensive poll instead of manually filling out every character for the past 30 years?! JUST. :crazy:
Hey, any SF0 or Smash news while I was away playing a game so much?
Nothing. The community right now tbh:
Darn, my arch rival, the edit button strikes again.
Your arch rival is my best friend. Small world. (✿╹◡╹)

Last edited:
Top Bottom