• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Foxy Renegade

Smash Cadet
I'm not going to lie, it's pretty disappointing to see where Krystal is currently positioned in that poll. I'm not sure whether the rest of her support hasn't come out yet or all the haters already have. All I know is I went through and saw a lot of characters that don't make any sense sitting with some decent numbers. I still support my theory of a two-part DLC to coincide with the release of the new Star Fox. It's almost certain that they'll add Wolf at that time, but if Krystal is going to have her time it's then. They've been silent for some time now, I imagine we'll hear something around the end of the polls. In fact, we'll be due for a DLC around that time as well. Surely, they're working on the clear-cut characters right now. Such as K. Rool and a few others. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have a couple finished. Waiting to release one at the end of the polls and then at least Wolf in November for Zero's debut. As for support, somebody really needs to contact that Jordan guy that backs the hell out of Krystal. That will change the poll quite a bit I imagine.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I'm not going to lie, it's pretty disappointing to see where Krystal is currently positioned in that poll. I'm not sure whether the rest of her support hasn't come out yet or all the haters already have. All I know is I went through and saw a lot of characters that don't make any sense sitting with some decent numbers.
The results were exactly what I expected. Krystal voting is always seesaw action. The yes' and the no's going neck and neck. She's historically been that kind of character, however, there are more overall positives than negatives going for her in it. For some reason, the people who chose 4 couldn't be bothered to tick it up to 5, but there were a lot of those. In any case, I'm not too concerned about the outcome. Krystal is popular. Grass is green. Doesn't need a third party poll to reaffirm this.
I still support my theory of a two-part DLC to coincide with the release of the new Star Fox. It's almost certain that they'll add Wolf at that time, but if Krystal is going to have her time it's then. They've been silent for some time now, I imagine we'll hear something around the end of the polls. In fact, we'll be due for a DLC around that time as well. Surely, they're working on the clear-cut characters right now. Such as K. Rool and a few others. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have a couple finished. Waiting to release one at the end of the polls and then at least Wolf in November for Zero's debut. As for support, somebody really needs to contact that Jordan guy that backs the hell out of Krystal. That will change the poll quite a bit I imagine.
I'm also thinking they'll break the silence in the near future with a tasty announcement. I don't know about them working on the selections already... If they are, they should close the ballot out of respect, because the purpose of it was explicitly stated to be for Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U DLC content: "Do you want your favorite video-game character to join the battle in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U? Well, here's your chance." Then again, I don't know how many characters people are expecting at this point. Strangely, I've seen the relatively low estimate of 4 go up to 6, 7 and even 8. Personally, I'd like to know the cause behind this optimism. At any rate, we should be getting some sort of indication of where Krystal is at by October. The nature of a possible Wolf reveal in November could also tell a lot. If he gets his own trailer (unlikely) and Krystal so happens to be the shadowy figure right before the end of the clip, it'll be a major tell.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Meh. I still think we'll see tow more pre-Ballot characters. Some time between now and the date the Ballot closes would be the best time to reveal them, no? It'd give the fans something to talk about while the developers decide which characters from the Ballot to start with first.

...And if Wolf is one of those pre-Ballot ones (pretty damn likely, if you ask me), then I'd argue Krystal might well be in the Top 4 for Ballot characters.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Meh. I still think we'll see tow more pre-Ballot characters. Some time between now and the date the Ballot closes would be the best time to reveal them, no? It'd give the fans something to talk about while the developers decide which characters from the Ballot to start with first.

...And if Wolf is one of those pre-Ballot ones (pretty damn likely, if you ask me), then I'd argue Krystal might well be in the Top 4 for Ballot characters.
Who's the other pre-ballot you have in mind? I think Krystal is high up with or without Wolf, though I have to admit, Wolf's appearance would make the Star Fox situation much less complicated. It would put a stop to the "one or the other" mentality that's plagued the opinion polls involving Krystal, too.

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
Who's the other pre-ballot you have in mind? I think Krystal is high up with or without Wolf, though I have to admit, Wolf's appearance would make the Star Fox situation much less complicated. It would put a stop to the "one or the other" mentality that's plagued the opinion polls involving Krystal, too.
If Wolf is one of these pre-ballot characters, the other one could be Krystal. This could be the dual Starfox reveal we've been waiting for. Like the other DLC characters, Sakurai has stated he already had a grasp on their popularity (appearantly Ryu was that popular I guess, I never saw it). In that Brawl article, it seemed even then he knew about her popularity, so he should still see the support she gets, even without the ballot. It's weird that all this time has passed and still nothing has come up. Unless they have been working on a unique newcomer this whole time. Why would they need all this time if the two characters were Wolf and some other veteran like Snake or the ICies. These characters data could be easily moved over and all that's left is balancing and model tweaks. Meaning they should of been revealed by this point. But since they haven't and this two more pre-ballot characters possibility is the case, this could be a potential scenario.

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Honestly? I have no clue what the most likely character would be for a second pre-Ballot one. Maybe they'd bring in the Rhythm Heaven character they may have been working on. Maybe they'd go with a character who barely missed the cut, like possibly Bandana Dee or Dixie Kong (both of which would help us, since they're kind of right around where Krystal is). Maybe they'd even reach for Isaac if he was looked at early on! Maybe they'd bring back Squirtle or Ivysaur, or somehow beyond all logic and reason got the rights to Snake. Or my personal pet theory: they would've had to look at more Gen 6 Pokémon back when they were deciding on one, and even though they decided on Greninja, maybe they stayed interested enough in one of the others to bring them in now.

I neither confirm nor deny that I'm hoping for a Wolf and Delphox dual reveal in the next few weeks. Although Delphox and another newcomer would be even better, from my personal stance. >_>

But even if we don't see any pre-Ballot characters or Wolf isn't among them, the only way he hurts our chances is by being another character who'd (probably) be higher priority. No more than that.

Last edited:

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
Honestly? I have no clue what the most likely character would be for a second pre-Ballot one. Maybe they'd bring in the Rhythm Heaven character they may have been working on. Maybe they'd go with a character who barely missed the cut, like possibly Bandana Dee or Dixie Kong (both of which would help us, since they're kind of right around where Krystal is). Maybe they'd even reach for Isaac if he was looked at early on! Maybe they'd bring back Squirtle or Ivysaur, or somehow beyond all logic and reason got the rights to Snake. Or my personal pet theory: they would've had to look at more Gen 6 Pokémon back when they were deciding on one, and even though they decided on Greninja, maybe they stayed interested enough in one of the others to bring them in now.

I neither confirm nor deny that I'm hoping for a Wolf and Delphox dual reveal in the next few weeks. >_>

But even if we don't see any pre-Ballot characters or Wolf isn't among them, the only way he hurts our chances is by being another character who'd (probably) be higher priority. No more than that.
I forgot about Isaac for a minute (lol oops). He could be the other possibility. I always found it weird that no Golden Sun content was in the game except for music. Maybe, they didn't put content in the game because it wasn't ready...

Or maybe I'm just biased and want Krystal and Isaac to get in this damn game already!

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Any pairing involving Krystal is a triple AAA duo in my eyes. You could add Bubsy as the tag-along for all I care. I'm going to edit this post with replies later. I gotta jet for now.
Krystal and Bubsy? What could possibly go wrong

SMASHBOARDS RIOTS EVERYWHERE!
As if! Implying they won't be day one purchases for 95% of the people in that mob. Krystal and Bubsy is a sexy door busting combo. They're rioting to look cool and to fit in with the edgy contrarian users. In the deepest recesses of the mind, they're so glad this happened and they can't wait to show those Sheik mains what could possibly go wrong.

Last edited:

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07

I wouldn't be surprised. In fact, Wolf is more likely to be a pre-ballot than anything else and one who has a very good chance of making it in while being the most likely candidate to be revealed next. Because it's easier to make a character who was in a previous entry in the Smash series in a timeline like this for development than making one from scratch. Also it's that Wolf has an established moveset so developing him wouldn't take that long to develop. Even then, I believe that he and Krystal have a really good chance of making it in and most likely Sakurai is aware of it.

Btw, guys I just found out that from the Super Mario Maker costumes that you unlock for the Starfox characters, Krystal is not in it and neither is Wolf. The ones we have for the SF lineup are Fox, Falco, Peppy, Slippy and their Arwing(based off on their upcoming Starfox Zero game). Even with all of this, I doubt that this will hurt any chances for Wolf and Krystal to make it into Smash 4 as DLC.

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
Btw, guys I just found out that from the Super Mario Maker costumes that you unlock for the Starfox characters, Krystal is not in it and neither is Wolf. The ones we have for the SF lineup are Fox, Falco, Peppy, Slippy and their Arwing(based off on their upcoming Starfox Zero game). Even with all of this, I doubt that this will hurt any chances for Wolf and Krystal to make it into Smash 4 as DLC.
Who cares about Wolf and Krystal when we have these awesome characters

Nintendo All-Stars indeed

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Reposting the link to this poll so that it's on this page too.... just to make sure everyone here gets a chance to see it and participate. I'll reiterate what I said before too.

Like with the last Source Gaming Poll, lets try to make sure everyone of us represents Krystal's strong support... and be sure to spread it out to places you know there's more of us!

New Big Poll! It's Source Gaming's biggest Smash poll yet!

NEW POLLING EFFORT BY @@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11
The SG team has helped BluePikmin reorganize his individual character polls into 4 parts. We've also provided pre-filled out forms with neutral responses so people can navigate quickly. Hopefully this will yield more and better information for future posts.
I want to see her support outnumber the haters. I know we can do that. Again, it's Source Gaming so it's a reputable source for Smash info so it benefits us to have a good showing in this poll. And hey, let us know you voted and stuff too.

Go Krystal!

Edit: Reviewing the poll results so far, I see we've lost some ground, but that's something I kind of expected. Mentioned that in here... (post number in link). There's a lot of people voting 1 for all the characters. 95% of the time if your character's highest vote count isn't 5, it's 1. We have a polarizing character admittedly. Still, we have a good number of 5 votes and that's what matters. Those represent ballot votes. 1s represent nothing really. 4s at least represent people that want Krystal even if they didn't necessarily vote for her. Plus, I think we can tighten it up some more with more support, so keep spreading this thing out to your fellow Krystal supporters all across the web!

More notes and comments regarding the poll in the spoiler below...

As of 2am PST these are the characters with more "5 votes" than Krystal in the "repped franchises" category or which Krystal is a part. Total voters were 777. Other parts of this poll, such as parts 2-4, have different total vote numbers so it's less reliable to compare.

- K. Rool - 360
- Dixie Kong - 231
- Bandana Dee - 222
- Krystal - 195

As you can see, we're not doing too bad. Just a few Krystal supporters from catching Dixie and Dee or at least matching their current totals.

I also checked all the other categories for high numbers of five votes for other characters and we're 12th most 5 votes among all characters in the poll. Of course, like I said, different categories have different total votes so it's not a clear true comparison. Even so, characters with more 5 votes include... Ridley is 11th and barely ahead of us and even more polarized, and we know about his status anyways. ICs are ahead of us too and face their own issues. Then among third party characters, only three have more five votes than Krystal and one is Snake and the others are Bomberman and Banjo, and we know the issues they face as well though to what extent isn't clear. Wolf, Inklings, and Isaac are who's left of those with more 5 votes than us.

Of course, this data is very fluid and is very much expected to change in "uneven" ways and only really applies to 2am PST on this day. Hopefully we can unevenly influence Krystal's numbers some more.

Last edited:

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Any pairing involving Krystal is a triple AAA duo in my eyes. You could add Bubsy as the tag-along for all I care. I'm going to edit this post with replies later. I gotta jet for now.
Krystal and Bubsy? What could possibly go wrong

SMASHBOARDS RIOTS EVERYWHERE!
Imagine if we got two different variations of Krystal's as a pairing. Nigh on impossible, I know, but that'd really get the blood boiling among haters. They'd have a hard enough time dealing with just the one Krystal. :awesome:

Funny thing is, while I doubt it'd happen with Krystal in-particular, it does seem like a very "Sakurai" thing to do. Pit, Dark Pit, Mario, Dr Mario. As far back as Melee with Pikachu and Pichu, even. Honestly I do think it'd be a waste of a character to get two Krystal's, as big of a fan of her as I am, but in a hypothetical scenario where we could have as many characters as we wanted, it'd be pretty interesting to see an "Adventures" Krystal that primarily uses her staff and an "Assault" Krystal who's fighting style would be more akin to, well, Assault. More use of guns, ect. Of course saying that, the latter would definitely play more as a Fox clone, so while I think something like that would be a bad idea to have as separate characters, I do think it'd be a creative thing to see if it worked similar to Zelda/Shiek with just the one character.

I'm sorry, I totally strayed away from the original point that was being made there, but it was a thought that popped into my head literally as I was typing, aha.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Imagine if we got two different variations of Krystal's as a pairing. Nigh on impossible, I know, but that'd really get the blood boiling among haters. They'd have a hard enough time dealing with just the one Krystal. :awesome:

Funny thing is, while I doubt it'd happen with Krystal in-particular, it does seem like a very "Sakurai" thing to do. Pit, Dark Pit, Mario, Dr Mario. As far back as Melee with Pikachu and Pichu, even. Honestly I do think it'd be a waste of a character to get two Krystal's, as big of a fan of her as I am, but in a hypothetical scenario where we could have as many characters as we wanted, it'd be pretty interesting to see an "Adventures" Krystal that primarily uses her staff and an "Assault" Krystal who's fighting style would be more akin to, well, Assault. More use of guns, ect. Of course saying that, the latter would definitely play more as a Fox clone, so while I think something like that would be a bad idea to have as separate characters, I do think it'd be a creative thing to see if it worked similar to Zelda/Shiek with just the one character.

I'm sorry, I totally strayed away from the original point that was being made there, but it was a thought that popped into my head literally as I was typing, aha.
Krystal could also use Assault weapons for Aerials and long range attacks

Foxy Renegade

Smash Cadet
I don't think it's impossible that they've been working on the DLC from the polls. There are obviously going to be some clear winners (K. Rool and any Banjo or Shovel Knight if they decide to go that route). I'm sure they have access to the polls and the majority of voting that is going to happen has already occurred. I'm sure if we could look at the numbers a few characters would set so much higher than others that it's a near impossibility for other characters to catch up. Either that, or they'll go with something similar that they did for Ryu and just sort of bypass the ballot. Though the closer we get to the end date of this thing the more I lean on that they've already started work on them. New characters require time. Nobody is going to want to wait three months after the ballot ends to see some of the characters.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'm not going to lie, it's pretty disappointing to see where Krystal is currently positioned in that poll. I'm not sure whether the rest of her support hasn't come out yet or all the haters already have. All I know is I went through and saw a lot of characters that don't make any sense sitting with some decent numbers. I still support my theory of a two-part DLC to coincide with the release of the new Star Fox. It's almost certain that they'll add Wolf at that time, but if Krystal is going to have her time it's then. They've been silent for some time now, I imagine we'll hear something around the end of the polls. In fact, we'll be due for a DLC around that time as well. Surely, they're working on the clear-cut characters right now. Such as K. Rool and a few others. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have a couple finished. Waiting to release one at the end of the polls and then at least Wolf in November for Zero's debut. As for support, somebody really needs to contact that Jordan guy that backs the hell out of Krystal. That will change the poll quite a bit I imagine.
He should, it will certainly help the poll. :0
More votes is welcome!

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203

Sorry to burst your bubble here, but wasn't there an interview a while back with Sakurai in which he stated that there weren't any more pre-ballot characters? If I remember correctly he also stated that he is going the fan service route from now on with DLC.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
All we have evidence for is two free character slots in the game code. So we'll get at least two ballot characters. Maybe more but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
Sorry to burst your bubble here, but wasn't there an interview a while back with Sakurai in which he stated that there weren't any more pre-ballot characters? If I remember correctly he also stated that he is going the fan service route from now on with DLC.
I know he said all dlc will be fan service from now on, but I don't think he ever said there are no more pre ballot characters. If I remember correctly, he just said Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, and Ryu weren't part of the ballot but he never mentioned there weren't other characters fitting this same case.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
I couldn't finish voting since my computer decided to crash for no reason. However, I saw out of all the Star Fox characters (besides Wolf) she has the most "5" votes of them all! Just waiting for my computer to turn on now.

Edit: Can we talk about how only three characters have higher vote count then Krystal on the Newcomer part of the polls? And also Jesus Christi that is a lot of Straight "No" voting going on here.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine

Hee hee. You know, that's not too far out a concept, only we wouldn't have to enrage the fanbase to do it. I liked the idea that Krystal could be a two-in one character with swappable fighting styles (with and without staff). A resource intensive Krystal that will no doubt require plenty of time spent developing and balancing, but a realistic way to fulfill your selfish fantasy have it both ways without subjecting Sakurai to high levels of fan outrage. lol!
I couldn't finish voting since my computer decided to crash for no reason. However, I saw out of all the Star Fox characters (besides Wolf) she has the most "5" votes of them all! Just waiting for my computer to turn on now.

Edit: Can we talk about how only three characters have higher vote count then Krystal on the Newcomer part of the polls? And also Jesus Christi that is a lot of Straight "No" voting going on here.
Pretty impressive. We shouldn't take it to heart that there's so many 1s. They're being handed out like candy for everyone not named "my favorite character." The sample size of this poll is too small for me to brag about anyway. This isn't even 1% of the community we're talking about here. Trust me, I know there are way the hell more than 200 to 300 Krystal fans. These results are in no way indicative of the true popularity these characters have.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure how many of you all saw this, "Lea" but this part really stood out as a "What the **** would Sakurai be thinking?!" moment.

I don't believe the whole leak at all but this is some serious messed up thought process if that is really how Sakurai thinks.
This was my post in the GameFAQs thread where people were talking about this "Leak"

"K. Rool does not = Any DK character
Krystal does not = Any Female character

King K. Rool votes mean King. K .Rool! Krystal votes mean Krystal!
Character votes equal that character!" I really hope this isn't true and that isn't how characters will be decided on..

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
The thing is Sakurai would get away with it for using logic like this. Who's going to be able to say what the most voted character was? It's not as if Dixie is unknown. There are a lot of twisted thought processes he could use that would result in selections that would make sense to us. It's like eating a hot dog without knowing how it's made. I sure do hope this rumor isn't true for our sakes. Krystal satisfies a lot of the criteria Sakurai asks, no? It would be a waste if she ended up on the left hand side of the equation.

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure how many of you all saw this, "Lea" but this part really stood out as a "What the **** would Sakurai be thinking?!" moment.

I don't believe the whole leak at all but this is some serious messed up thought process if that is really how Sakurai thinks.
This was my post in the GameFAQs thread where people were talking about this "Leak"

Character votes equal that character!" I really hope this isn't true and that isn't how characters will be decided on..
I don't see why he'd decide on the characters with that basis. I mean, knowing Sakurai and Nintendo in general, I'd hardly be surprised if he did, but It's not pleasing both sides, it's just pleasing neither. It's like trying to please someone who only likes nuts and another person who only likes chocolate by giving both of them a chocolate bar with nuts inside. If the person who likes nuts doesn't like chocolate and vice versa for the other person, then obviously they won't appreciate the compromise. i couldn't have thought of a more confusing example if I tried...

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Remember how when Smash 4 was first announced, how Sakurai said he didn't think the roster would get much bigger? Then it actually grew by 10-12 characters (depending on how you could the Mii Fighters). Remember how he also said about a year ago that he wasn't sure if they'd do any DLC, and now they're all in? From what it seems, Sakurai makes a lot of defensive statements in case something goes wrong, so it doesn't feel like he's letting his fans down. The line about not knowing how much more they could do seems to be another one, in case something happens to split up the DLC team.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman

Honestly... if this would be the way they chose characters, sorry to sound like an ass, but it would be completely ********...
It's like "hmm... people like K rool and Krystal, that must mean people want a reptile and a star fox character = Leon Powalski", "hmm... King K Rool and Krystal both have K in their names... We'll add Knuckles from Sonic, because his name also starts with a "K"! That should make everyone happy". You could pull countless pointless connections and say "yeah, this totally satisfies everybody"...

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion

From 4chan= Almost always false

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin

Not only is the source dubious, a decision process like that doesn't make any sense. Why would interest in one character from a series lead to them deciding on a different character from said series? Why would interest in a female character lead to going with a different female character?

And that doesn't even include the fact that K. Rool, Krystal, and Dixie Kong are all high up there in support...

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
It's best not to go with any leak claims that come out of there as they're 98% fake, it's where they not too long ago assumed Shovel Knight was in Smash because of the amiibo it's getting, same with the K Rool trademark renewal. Leaks with smash especially with this game have gone through the roof that it's nearly impossible to consider any claim as true, I remember many saying the ESRB leak was fake, but it turned out to be real. You couldnt blame anyone for being skeptical because there were so many people making leak images that it was impossible to trust anything without any hard evidence.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
So guys, regarding BluePikmin's poll, I was thinking last night about where we can spread it out and stuff. Then I remembered KrystalArchive.com. We must have several supporters that have voted for Krystal on the ballot there, and I wonder how many might even be aware of a poll like this gauging what character support is like. Might be worth reaching out to that community. Digging around I saw that they have a linked steam community dedicated to Krystal with nearly 200 members. There's lots of Krystal support out there, heh. Even if we don't get every vote in this poll, we can assume we have it in the ballot. It would just be good for this ballot support to be reflected in this poll.

If anyone chooses to reach out to these places be sure to mention that this poll is probably the most legit one we'll encounter before the deadline and is being held, analyzed, and shared by a reputable source in the Smash community.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
I know. I don't trust the leak. But just the idea that, that could be a way characters are chosen is just wrong on so many levels.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Anyone know how to contact KrystalArchive about the poll to get the support of that community? Has this been done already maybe? I've never participated in that place and it's not exactly a place where people forum talk, at least that I can see, so I can't really tell them anything about this unless I make a comment in one of their articles. Plus I don't know how long this poll will be up and things move a bit more slowly over there. There's also the thought of contacting that steam group too... assuming it hasn't gotten to them already. I'm not sure how much intermingling there is between communities. For all I know one of you guys frequents that place or is a member. If so, and you haven't spread that poll out over there, would be awesome if you did. Otherwise, one of us will have to bridge the gap and see about letting them in on this poll and perhaps meeting some other cool Krystal fans in the process.

Those are just the latest places I've thought about spreading out the poll. There's Jordan's army of course, but this extensive poll may be a bit much even for that group. I think some of his followers support Krystal via proxy mostly and are good for a single shout of "Krystal!" but to make the plow through a poll like this one... well, I'll just say I wouldn't count on the sort of numbers from Jordan that we're used to if it gets in his hands.

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice

As if! Implying they won't be day one purchases for 95% of the people in that mob. Krystal and Bubsy is a sexy door busting combo. They're rioting to look cool and to fit in with the edgy contrarian users. In the deepest recesses of the mind, they're so glad this happened and they can't wait to show those Sheik mains what could possibly go wrong.
Speaking of Bubsy: Am I the only person who'd be delighted to see Bubsy playable?
I don't see why he'd decide on the characters with that basis. I mean, knowing Sakurai and Nintendo in general, I'd hardly be surprised if he did, but It's not pleasing both sides, it's just pleasing neither. It's like trying to please someone who only likes nuts and another person who only likes chocolate by giving both of them a chocolate bar with nuts inside. If the person who likes nuts doesn't like chocolate and vice versa for the other person, then obviously they won't appreciate the compromise. i couldn't have thought of a more confusing example if I tried...
Yeah, that's a stupid thought process.

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
Anyone know how to contact KrystalArchive about the poll to get the support of that community? Has this been done already maybe? I've never participated in that place and it's not exactly a place where people forum talk, at least that I can see, so I can't really tell them anything about this unless I make a comment in one of their articles. Plus I don't know how long this poll will be up and things move a bit more slowly over there. There's also the thought of contacting that steam group too... assuming it hasn't gotten to them already. I'm not sure how much intermingling there is between communities. For all I know one of you guys frequents that place or is a member. If so, and you haven't spread that poll out over there, would be awesome if you did. Otherwise, one of us will have to bridge the gap and see about letting them in on this poll and perhaps meeting some other cool Krystal fans in the process.

Those are just the latest places I've thought about spreading out the poll. There's Jordan's army of course, but this extensive poll may be a bit much even for that group. I think some of his followers support Krystal via proxy mostly and are good for a single shout of "Krystal!" but to make the plow through a poll like this one... well, I'll just say I wouldn't count on the sort of numbers from Jordan that we're used to if it gets in his hands.
I believe they have a youtube account you could try PM them there.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I believe they have a youtube account you could try PM them there.
Thanks. I'll look into that. I don't have much of a presence in other communities. Hardly post comments or use Youtube in that manner. Hopefully I'm not disregarding just because I don't make myself known so much.

Btw, how do I PM exactly? I just went to their page and it looks like I can choose a "send message" option from their "About" page.... is that the PM feature?

Last edited:

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman

Jordan already knows about the poll and has already put in his vote for Krystal. He did mention though that we would only mention/share the Official Ballot from now on since its only one month until the ballot ends.

Either he wants to avoid burning out his followers from voting for Krystal and wants their energy for the Ballot. Or someone from SourceGaming/BluePikmin asked him not to share this with his followers/Krystal supporters. Either of those two are possible but I hope its not because they asked him not to as that would be so dishonest to the Poll.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Jordan already knows about the poll and has already put in his vote for Krystal. He did mention though that we would only mention/share the Official Ballot from now on since its only one month until the ballot ends.

Either he wants to avoid burning out his followers from voting for Krystal and wants their energy for the Ballot. Or someone from SourceGaming/BluePikmin asked him not to share this with his followers/Krystal supporters. Either of those two are possible but I hope its not because they asked him not to as that would be so dishonest to the Poll.
I'm very glad you spoke to him. I assume it's the former. Like I've been saying, this poll is a different beast from the usual shout "Krystal" poll. It requires more work than the ballot itself, and he makes a good point about the ballot itself being paramount. If I had his kind of following I'd be a bit hesitant about making my followers jump through too many hoops. I doubt Source Gaming said anything since there's evidence all over his Twitter that Krystal is getting ballot votes from his followers and are thus actually representative of votes.

About this poll itself, I'm only pushing for it like I am since I think it'll assist in this final ballot push. It's being presented by as legit a source as any Smash DLC poll yet. It could be more telling than any poll so far as a result. And having a good showing here is meaningful because some that are on the fence about certain characters may leap aboard a "winning team". It'll also prove to doubters that Krystal is a more legit option with a better chance at DLC than people think.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Speaking of Bubsy: Am I the only person who'd be delighted to see Bubsy playable?
For the reaction, I'd be delighted. As long as he brought something new (and came with Krystal), I can't complain. Apparently, I'm one of the few people who thinks Malon would make a great Smash Bros. character, so I kinda get how you feel.

She wasn't even on the poll. Groose... A one off meme character over the attendant who raised Epona and taught Link the song to summon her, subsequently enabling Link to complete his quest. A pivotal supporting role in the most significant and critically acclaimed Zelda game in the series. Who is a reoccurring character in not one, not two, not three, but FOUR Zelda games.

B L U N D E R
L
U
N
D
E
R

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
For the reaction, I'd be delighted. As long as he brought something new (and came with Krystal), I can't complain. Apparently, I'm one of the few people who thinks Malon would make a great Smash Bros. character, so I kinda get how you feel.

She wasn't even on the poll. Groose... A one off meme character over the attendant who raised Epona and taught Link the song to summon her, subsequently enabling Link to complete his quest. A pivotal supporting role in the most significant and critically acclaimed Zelda game in the series. Who is a reoccurring character in not one, not two, not three, but FOUR Zelda games.

B L U N D E R
L
U
N
D
E
R
Umad?

Top Bottom