• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Alright guys, I sent Krystal Archive a message via Youtube message... since that seemed like the best way to contact him. Copy pasted it into a quote box below...

Hey Krystal Archive! I'm here representing Krystal's support group on Smashboards. I don't use YouTube much but I was told this was probably the best way to contact you guys quickly. Didn't want to drop a random comment in one of your articles on the main site.

Anyways, to the point. I assume that there's many "regulars" that follow you or visit your site frequently. I also noticed you have a steam community linked on your site with members. I'm hoping all these Krystal fans have voted on the Smash Ballot to get Krystal into Smash 4 as DLC. I'm guessing probably yes, heh. If they have voted on the ballot, there's a poll going around the Smash community that's gauging character support. The poll is being held by a reputable news source in the Smash community called Source Gaming. They're well known for monitoring character support in Japan and have written articles about their findings. As a sort of hub of the Krystal fandom, I think it would be awesome if you could send a reminder about the Smash Ballot out to everyone on your site and link the Source Gaming poll as well. Here's the link to the source gaming poll... http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/09/10/pollsmash4/ And I'm sure you know where to find the Smash Ballot.

Sorry if this isn't the best way to contact you but I just wanted to contact you quickly. The ballot deadline ends in a month and the poll wont be open forever either. I think a good showing on the poll may even give us more ballot support. If people see the ballot results and see how well Krystal is supported they may decided to join a "winning team" if they were otherwise on the fence with her. Of course, at the end of the day, any character's inclusion is entirely in Sakurai's hands, but if we make sure the Krystal support is truly significant, then it'll be hard to ignore. Already, Krystal appears to be a top 10 character in terms of popularity and much of the competition has a question mark over their heads for various reasons, third party issues for instance. Basically, I think it was about time we bridged the gab between the various Krystal support communities in this final stretch. Assuming you're connected to other places, it would be good to get the word out where ever there's Krystal fans.

Oh, and thanks for being awesome and sorry about the long read, heh. Pop on over to the Krystal support thread on Smashboards if you want maybe, or just contact me if you'd rather. I'm happy enough to be a bridge of sorts. We'll keep an eye out for the other Krystal communities we can and spread support where we can, mostly other gaming communities with mixed support. Hoping you can help us reach a lot of fans we aren't currently. Thanks again!

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Alright guys, I sent Krystal Archive a message via Youtube message... since that seemed like the best way to contact him. Copy pasted it into a quote box below...
It's funny. I'm suddenly noticing silly mistakes in my message to Krystal Archives and wishing I had an edit button for that. So easy to fix these things here but I think that message on Youtube is set in stone so to speak. At least they're just silly mistakes and not stuff that should totally confuse him, heh.

Edit: Okay, I discovered a bit ago on the Krystal Archive site that they have a main email they prefer to be used for communication. Not sure how I missed this at first. So I resent my Youtube message via email. In the email I included an explanation that I'd sent the same message already on Youtube so there was no need to read the same message twice if he gets to one before the other. Also gave me a chance to fix a few of those mistakes, heh. This should guarantee that they get our message. I look forward to a response and what they do with it. Just thought I'd let you all know.

Last edited:

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
It's funny. I'm suddenly noticing silly mistakes in my message to Krystal Archives and wishing I had an edit button for that. So easy to fix these things here but I think that message on Youtube is set in stone so to speak. At least they're just silly mistakes and not stuff that should totally confuse him, heh.

Edit: Okay, I discovered a bit ago on the Krystal Archive site that they have a main email they prefer to be used for communication. Not sure how I missed this at first. So I resent my Youtube message via email. In the email I included an explanation that I'd sent the same message already on Youtube so there was no need to read the same message twice if he gets to one before the other. Also gave me a chance to fix a few of those mistakes, heh. This should guarantee that they get our message. I look forward to a response and what they do with it. Just thought I'd let you all know.
Calling every Krystal fan in Krystal archive...

Please lend us some of your strenght!

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
I'm not sure how many of you all saw this, "Lea" but this part really stood out as a "What the **** would Sakurai be thinking?!" moment.

I don't believe the whole leak at all but this is some serious messed up thought process if that is really how Sakurai thinks.
This was my post in the GameFAQs thread where people were talking about this "Leak"

"K. Rool does not = Any DK character
Krystal does not = Any Female character

King K. Rool votes mean King. K .Rool! Krystal votes mean Krystal!
Character votes equal that character!" I really hope this isn't true and that isn't how characters will be decided on..
Yeah, I'm not buying any more leaks unless there's a strong enough possible correlation after the fact. I'll wait on this one.

But yes, we can consider the possibility. If this leak turns out to be true, I agree with your judgement on the logical processing. It's extraordinarily exclusive, and even hypocritical. It's like mashing two suggestions together and reducing them to a generic idea (NOT calling Dixie Kong generic, btw, just making an analogy).

The thing is Sakurai would get away with it for using logic like this. Who's going to be able to say what the most voted character was? It's not as if Dixie is unknown. There are a lot of twisted thought processes he could use that would result in selections that would make sense to us. It's like eating a hot dog without knowing how it's made. I sure do hope this rumor isn't true for our sakes. Krystal satisfies a lot of the criteria Sakurai asks, no? It would be a waste if she ended up on the left hand side of the equation.
...And I agree with this as well, assuming the leak is true. As difficult as it is to say, I can actually see them eventually getting away with such a decision. We have very little say. They would most likely describe some sort of thought process they had that would probably (eventually) be accepted by many people. Regardless of backfire, they'd still get away with it. It's their game--even if it was a ballot intended for fan suggestions. Their logic will always win, as we have very few significant ways to intervene or counter-suggest (if any).

I've been known to sometimes be suspicious of what game developers say or do in situations similar to this. I'm not the type to always accept their reasons, as we rarely have any real idea regarding the legitimacy of their responses or logical processes thereof. All we get is their resulting word-of-mouth, and we can take it however we want. Sometimes what they say today might seem to contradict what they said yesterday, etcetera.

And then...

What would be the correct interpretation of such responses? I don't think anyone can claim theirs to be ultimately true--me included. That won't stop people from trying, though.

Heh...

If this leak is somehow real, it'd lead to one big fiasco, that's for sure.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Yeah, I'm not buying any more leaks unless there's a strong enough possible correlation after the fact. I'll wait on this one.

But yes, we can consider the possibility. If this leak turns out to be true, I agree with your judgement on the logical processing. It's extraordinarily exclusive, and even hypocritical. It's like mashing two suggestions together and reducing them to a generic idea (NOT calling Dixie Kong generic, btw, just making an analogy).

...And I agree with this as well, assuming the leak is true. As difficult as it is to say, I can actually see them eventually getting away with such a decision. We have very little say. They would most likely describe some sort of thought process they had that would probably (eventually) be accepted by many people. Regardless of backfire, they'd still get away with it. It's their game--even if it was a ballot intended for fan suggestions. Their logic will always win, as we have very few significant ways to intervene or counter-suggest (if any).

I've been known to be sometimes suspicious of what game developers say or do in situations similar to this. I'm not the type to always accept their reasons, as we rarely have any real idea regarding the legitimacy of their responses or logical processes thereof. All we get is their resulting word-of-mouth, and we can take it however we want. Sometimes what they say today might seem to contradict what they said yesterday, etcetera.

And then...

What would be the correct interpretation of such responses? I don't think anyone can claim theirs to be ultimately true--me included. That won't stop people from trying, though.

Heh...

If this leak is somehow real, it'd lead to one big fiasco, that's for sure.
Thankfully, 4chinners aren't the most reliable source. One in a million fired Namco employees end up being the real thing. This rumor is frightening even as a fictional story. How could a team of highly educated developers with so much experience employ such a logically flawed system to decide what characters to choose? It doesn't make sense. With so many characters they could add that won't set off any alarms, I can't say there's a chance we'll ever know the real reason they picked who they're gonna pick. Sure Sakurai might release a column clearing the air, but how much did management pressure him into making that decision?

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Update on my correspondence with Krystal Archive. I'll just copy paste "Mr K's" response to my message in a quote box here...

Hi. I'm just Mr. Krystal (or Mr. K). Krystal Archive is just the name of my channel and website. You can always reach me directly at mrkrystal@gmail.com

Yes, we have all voted for Krystal on the official ballot. Some several times, despite my insistence that they only vote once. I will certainly remind people as the ballot finishes up in a little less than a month.

While I'm happy for the enthusiasm, my many years online have unfortunately taught me that online polls are essentially meaningless. Especially without some kind of voting ID or a cost to vote. I did look through the data of the universal poll you linked, and found that Krystal was the runaway winner in terms of total votes, but I've seen other polls where she's barely a contender. Perhaps we could have gotten really meaningful data if someone had created a poll where you had to pay at least a dollar to vote. Then you could rank characters both in terms of numbers of votes and the total amount each character generated. This would also ensure only one vote per person. The funds would go to a charity of course. Perhaps for the next Smash game, I could set something up like that.

We know that Sakurai knows about Krystal and her popularity. We voted the only official way we can. Now it's a waiting game. I decided a long time ago not to post fan polls or petitions, because of their flimsy and unreliable nature. So I must refrain from posting this one too.
So yeah, he's not interested in the poll, but at least we know the ballot support is there in spades. Whatever numbers the poll shows, we'll know that our support is unquestionably even stronger! I did mention that the poll was as secure as any that's been presented in this period of Smash DLC speculation, but he made a good argument and I believe he'll stand by his principles on this. Basically, after mentioning that the poll is relatively secure, I just said, "I understand and appreciate the ballot support of course!"

Although, I think it's also a professional decision of his since he runs that site and has a standard in mind. I could see Mr Krystal potentially taking or sharing that poll in an unofficial capacity possibly. I may dig into that linked steam group myself and drop a comment about the poll with a ballot reminder too. That is, unless someone else would like to drop into that steam group. Maybe someone here is active on steam or possibly is even already in the group! I don't know.

Let me know if any of you want to check out the steam group and do all this Krystal business too.

Last edited:

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Not only is the source dubious, a decision process like that doesn't make any sense. Why would interest in one character from a series lead to them deciding on a different character from said series? Why would interest in a female character lead to going with a different female character?

And that doesn't even include the fact that K. Rool, Krystal, and Dixie Kong are all high up there in support...
You do have a point. Because I remember when Brawl was still in development, they found some coding in the game that Dixie came this close to being worked on but it never happened. After all if K. Rool doesn't make the cut, then perhaps Dixie could and the DK fans can still get a third rep there. Better than not having a third DK rep at all. Same thing with Krystal in a situation like this. Won't be long now till the ballot from the Smash website comes to an end. I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai starts announcing more DLC content by that time. Speaking of that, I heard a few days ago on the 4chan website that we'll be getting an October DLC update and from the characters we're getting, they are Wolf, Squirtle and Metal Mario. I personally don't see Metal Mario in the roster. Squirtle is a maybe. Wolf is the only logical choice of the three especially with the release of Zero drawing closer and that his development doesn't take that as long as doing a newcomer. For stages revealed on the 4chan site, they said Sector Z, Saffron City and Metal Mines. What do you guys think?

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
I heard a few days ago on the 4chan website that we'll be getting an October DLC update and from the characters we're getting, they are Wolf, Squirtle and Metal Mario. I personally don't see Metal Mario in the roster. Squirtle is a maybe. Wolf is the only logical choice of the three especially with the release of Zero drawing closer and that his development doesn't take that as long as doing a newcomer. For stages revealed on the 4chan site, they said Sector Z, Saffron City and Metal Mines. What do you guys think?
I really don't believe these "leaks" anymore. Sure sometimes they can be right, but most of the time it's all just bull. I can believe a possible update around October with some characters maybe or some other stuff, but I don't believe a second when someone is claiming something to be true regarding to smash DLC. And Metal Mario? That's supposed to be a "wacky character choice" for this supposed "leaker"... Metal Mario is "already in the game", when Mario picks up the metal form item...
Besides, I really don't understand nintendos fascination with these metal/golden characters like in mario kart... Just some extremely cheap way to add "more" characters to a game. I'd rather have Mario with a different hat or even without his cap rather than those pointless metal/golden variations.

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
I really don't believe these "leaks" anymore. Sure sometimes they can be right, but most of the time it's all just bull. I can believe a possible update around October with some characters maybe or some other stuff, but I don't believe a second when someone is claiming something to be true regarding to smash DLC. And Metal Mario? That's supposed to be a "wacky character choice" for this supposed "leaker"... Metal Mario is "already in the game", when Mario picks up the metal form item...
Besides, I really don't understand nintendos fascination with these metal/golden characters like in mario kart... Just some extremely cheap way to add "more" characters to a game. I'd rather have Mario with a different hat or even without his cap rather than those pointless metal/golden variations.
Pink Gold Peach tho...

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes a leak has been known to turn out "partly" true. A lot of the time these things can be exaggerated. Who knows, maybe the part about Wolf and the Sector X stage might turn out to be true, with it being the only part of this so called leak that actually makes sense and all.

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
Sometimes a leak has been known to turn out "partly" true. A lot of the time these things can be exaggerated. Who knows, maybe the part about Wolf and the Sector X stage might turn out to be true, with it being the only part of this so called leak that actually makes sense and all.
lol. Like the gematsu leak from a year ago. Most of its content was true and most people believed it until HE came to the scene

The Wolf/Sector Z thing does sound possible but we'll see.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but even those can be just simple guesses. A lot of people are expecting Wolf for pre-ballot DLC, because it's supposedly so easy to do and sounds like a logical thing to happen. I could right now say "Wolf will be DLC in october, I found a secret paper on Sakurais desk at work that said so". And now if it does come true, I was a leaker who somehow had the information about it. Or if Wolf doesn't become DLC then I'm just a random liar who was guessing and hoping it to happen. Throwing other characters to my "leak" would just add my chances to be at least partially right. If even one would happen to be true in the end, people would still start to think that I somehow had some kind of leaked info in my hands.
So if there's no proof for such claims, then they're nothing but lies or "predictions". And even supposed "proof" can just be bunch of lies, like the most impressive fake leak about Rayman in smash.

Last edited:

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but even those can be just simple guesses. A lot of people are expecting Wolf for pre-ballot DLC, because it's supposedly so easy to do and sounds like a logical thing to happen. I could right now say "Wolf will be DLC in october, I found a secret paper on Sakurais desk at work that said so". And now if it does come true, I was a leaker who somehow had the information about it. Or if Wolf doesn't become DLC then I'm just a random liar who was guessing and hoping it to happen. Throwing other characters to my "leak" would just add my chances to be at least partially right. If even one would happen to be true in the end, people would still start to think that I somehow had some kind of leaked info in my hands.
So if there's no proof for such claims, then they're nothing but lies or "predictions". And even supposed "proof" can just be bunch of lies, like the most impressive fake leak about Rayman in smash.
Oh trust me, I'm taking this whole supposed leak in general with a grain of salt. I'm just saying if it was legit, then I feel that'd be the most likely outcome. If Wolf and Sector Z ONLY were actually announced in October, then I'd say it'd have to be more than just a prediction. If it was Wolf only, then sure, there's still a good chance the 4chan leak was a fake and nothing but a lucky guess, but if the Sector Z stage was announced with it, that'd seem like a pretty big coincidence to me.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Oh trust me, I'm taking this whole supposed leak in general with a grain of salt. I'm just saying if it was legit, then I feel that'd be the most likely outcome. If Wolf and Sector Z ONLY were actually announced in October, then I'd say it'd have to be more than just a prediction. If it was Wolf only, then sure, there's still a good chance the 4chan leak was a fake and nothing but a lucky guess, but if the Sector Z stage was announced with it, that'd seem like a pretty big coincidence to me.
Anything is possible ;o, I just happen to be extra skeptical these days. Just awhile ago a lot of people were claiming for Shovel Knight to be in smash, but it happened to be just a Shovel Knight amiibo, that's not part of smash series of amiibos. And in my knowledge (I can be wrong, and if so, please do correct me) nobody is claiming for Shovel Knight to be in smash anymore like they were before we got the full information about the Shovel Knight amiibo.

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Anything is possible ;o, I just happen to be extra skeptical these days. Just awhile ago a lot of people were claiming for Shovel Knight to be in smash, but it happened to be just a Shovel Knight amiibo, that's not part of smash series of amiibos. And in my knowledge (I can be wrong, and if so, please do correct me) nobody is claiming for Shovel Knight to be in smash anymore like they were before we got the full information about the Shovel Knight amiibo.
Well I guess TECHNICALLY speaking that could be another example of a leak that turned out to be partly true. Retailers began to leak the Shovel Knight Amiibo before it was officially announced, so because of that, people, as I've said before, exaggerated what the leak meant and ultimately we only ended up getting half of what we expected and that lead to a lot of disappointed people due to them looking too far into the rumour. It's a different circumstance to this new 4Chan leak, sure, but the same principle.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Well I guess TECHNICALLY speaking that could be another example of a leak that turned out to be partly true. Retailers began to leak the Shovel Knight Amiibo before it was officially announced, so because of that, people, as I've said before, exaggerated what the leak meant and ultimately we only ended up getting half of what we expected and that lead to a lot of disappointed people due to them looking too far into the rumour. It's a different circumstance to this new 4Chan leak, sure, but the same principle.
Yes the Shovel Knight amiibo part was true, but again, people immediately started connecting it to smash by just guessing and hoping, and in the end non of the smash related stuff was true. Some people clearly just decided to try and pull stuff out of their ***es to try and predict Shovel Knight for smash, because the amiibo part made it sound quite possible. It kinda seemed possible at the time, since we never thought that there could be amiibos that are not produced by nintendo, but obviously no one had any proof for Shovel Knight actually being in smash. Just some guesses from things that made the idea sound possible, but no actual proof.

Last edited:

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Yes the Shovel Knight amiibo part was true, but again, people immediately started connecting it to smash by just guessing and hoping, and in the end non of the smash related stuff was true. Some people clearly just decided to try and pull stuff out of their ***es to try and predict Shovel Knight for smash, because the amiibo part made it sound quite possible. It kinda seemed possible at the time, since we never thought that there could be amiibos that are not produced by nintendo, but obviously no one had any proof for Shovel Knight actually being in smash. Just some guesses from things that made the idea sound possible, but no actual proof.
Well I course. I agree. I'm just saying that when an unrealistic rumour pops up out of no where, it's probably more likely that if the source is legit, then it ends up being the truth overly exaggerated, rather than the entire thing being true. It doesn't chance the fact that leaks like these have a very unlikely chance of being true at all, however. But yeah, as you just said, that's exactly why these leaks cause so many problems throughout the fanbase. They take a small rumour and make it ten times bigger by adding there own "what ifs" to them. If it's something they want to hear, then these what ifs somewhere down the line somehow end up becoming part of the rumour like some kind of growing parasite.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I have a steam account! I wouldn't mind checking their humble comunity.
Here you are then... http://steamcommunity.com/groups/luvkrystal

It's got nearly 200 members but it looks like a good fifth or fourth of them have been inactive for more than just a few days or don't have an account anymore possibly. Looks like 50+ are online or in a game atm. No one is in the chat though so I'm not sure how active a chat it is. They do have an announcements place off the chat though I guess. Again, I've not used steam much so I wouldn't be sure how to best send a message to the group. Hopefully it's still active enough to get attention. Could be this group was made years ago and most of the members do their own thing and haven't even checking in on the steam group in a while. Still, I think it's our next best option for finding more Krystal fans.

Looking at it, the best thing to do may be to start something on the discussion part of the group. At least that way it would stick around and get attention more easily. And since it appears to be fairly dead actually, I'd emphasize the Smash Ballot. I don't see evidence of any large amount of activity since the Ballot. You could toss the poll in there too if you get a response. Be sure to mention you're coming from Smashboards and you're just reaching out to other Krystal fans in this final push, so they don't think you're just some random person. Smashboards is a legit place people recognize, heh.

I have no attachment or experience whatsoever with the furry communities that might have Krystal support communities, but if anyone here does, might be worth looking into. The closest thing I have to an attachment to any of those communities is Krystal Archive basically in the last day.

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Well unlike the likes of Pink Gold Peach, Metal Mario was sorta canon and had his importance in Super Mario Sunshine.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Well I course. I agree. I'm just saying that when an unrealistic rumour pops up out of no where, it's probably more likely that if the source is legit, then it ends up being the truth overly exaggerated, rather than the entire thing being true. It doesn't chance the fact that leaks like these have a very unlikely chance of being true at all, however. But yeah, as you just said, that's exactly why these leaks cause so many problems throughout the fanbase. They take a small rumour and make it ten times bigger by adding there own "what ifs" to them. If it's something they want to hear, then these what ifs somewhere down the line somehow end up becoming part of the rumour like some kind of growing parasite.
Yep, I've just learned to ignore most of leaks. When the ESRB leak of the whole roster came to surface I was completely split. one part of me thought "holy crap, this really is the full roster! Sadly no Wolf..." and other part thought "No way is this true". In the end I was quite surprised that it ended up being legit, but I stayed very skeptical till the end. I completely did believe the fake Rayman leak to be true, but after that I don't think that I'll ever believe leaks to be true until it's proven when the content of it is actually released. When the Ryu and Roy stuff was leaked with the classic mode ending videos I still though that it all could be simple fake edits, and an impressive ones at that. But again it ended up surprisingly being true. Random people saying random stuff (and only saying, not showing anything) in 4chan for me sounds just like fart noises. Of course some of the stuff being said could be true, but again, I would only believe it the very moment when such content would be released.

Well unlike the likes of Pink Gold Peach, Metal Mario was sorta canon and had his importance in Super Mario Sunshine.
Sunshine didn't have Metal Mario, it had Shadow Mario, which ended up being Bowser Jr. in disguise, and he's also already in smash as Bowser Jr.s/Koopalings final smash.

Plus he looks lot more aquatic than metallic if you ask me...

Edit: Sorry for double posting.

Last edited by a moderator:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Sure you're not thinking of Shadow Mario? There's been a lot of Mario's with that sort of single texture look. Cosmic Mario in the Galaxy games too.

Sunshine didn't have Metal Mario, it had Shadow Mario, which ended up being Bowser Jr. in disguise, and he's also already in smash as Bowser Jr.s/Koopalings final smash.

Plus he looks lot more aquatic than metallic if you ask me...

Edit: Sorry for double posting.
Yeah, this. Beat me too it.

Btw, you can edit this into your previous post if you're really concerned about the double post. I make a habit of it, although I see plenty of people get a pass if the thread is moving fast enough. Once it's made though, it's kind of there unless you request a mod delete it. We'll just move on in any case I guess.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Metal Mario is only canon in the sense that Fire Mario or Tanooki Mario are. It's Mario in a costume, not separate beings.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Btw, you can edit this into your previous post if you're really concerned about the double post. I make a habit of it, although I see plenty of people get a pass if the thread is moving fast enough. Once it's made though, it's kind of there unless you request a mod delete it. We'll just move on in any case I guess.
Thanks for the tip, but I'll let it be for now, ;D I like living near danger (just kidding). I doubt anybody's going to get too mad for one accidental double post (I hope). But I'll be sure to remember your tip in the future if I happen to double post.

So, does anybody know how much more DLC content Smash 3DS can take?
What do you mean by that exactly? In my knowledge the amount of DLC shouldn't be any issue, since it's just content read from the 3DS's memory card, so it shouldn't strain any processing power.

Edit: At least in my knowledge.

Last edited:

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the tip, but I'll let it be for now, ;D I like living near danger (just kidding). I doubt anybody's going to get too mad for one accidental double post (I hope). But I'll be sure to remember your tip in the future if I happen to double post.

What do you mean by that exactly? In my knowledge the amount of DLC shouldn't be any issue, since it's just content read from the 3DS's memory card, so it shouldn't strain any processing power.

Edit: At least in my knowledge.

I meant how much DLC can the cartridge, SD card, and system hold?

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
So, does anybody know how much more DLC content Smash 3DS can take?
With the New model having better hardware, they'll probably pull the exclusive stunt they did with Xenoblade and Monster Hunter. They'll probably even recommend getting an SD card with a much higher capacity.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
I meant how much DLC can the cartridge, SD card, and system hold?
Well it all just simply depends of the size of the content and the SD cards people have. I don't exactly remember how much space one single fighter takes, or some other content, but I doubt those take too much memory from the SD cards. If they would pump DLC like crazy or some kind of crazy big expansions then it could cause some memory capacity issues, but I highly doubt they're going to make that amount of content for smash that it could cause issues. Unless you have plenty of other downloaded content on your SD card.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Alrighty, got another message from Mr. K. He said he plans to mention the ballot and maybe the poll in his next Podcast. I think the ballot being the ballot he may have more ideas as to how to remind everyone of it's deadline, but in regards to the poll, if it's going to get a mention anywhere, it's in his next podcast. I told him that depending on when he plans to do the podcast, the poll may be closed by then but I wasn't sure. I think he cares enough to check in any case. I told him if his podcast is imminent however, that I was very appreciative of him considering mentioning it. I emphasized the ballots deadline though and said if he could only do one thing, it would be to remind people of the ballot of course before it's over.

Later I also mentioned other people that have been helpful with Krystal support like Jordan and Alfore. Then I asked him to share with me any other places he knows about where Krystal has support. People that are doing what Alfore is doing in Miiverse but somewhere else. I said we wanted to reach out to every Krystal fan we can in this final push.

Top Bottom