• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Alright everyone. It's time for CONTROVERSIAL SPECULATION TIME WITH EDGY!

As we all know, Sakurai has yet to put in Wolf or Krystal. This could seem a little bit troubling for us, but who's to say that Wolf is the one coming. What if, the reason why Wolf hasn't appeared yet, is because he's not coming at all. Think about it, it's really weird that other famous veterans like Mewtwo, Lucas, and even Roy have all come back, but not Wolf, and he's been one of the highest requested characters ever since he was deconfirmed. It's possible that Sakurai feels that Krystal is more of a priority than Wolf. If I remember correctly, Sakurai was originally planning to have Krystal INSTEAD of Wolf in Brawl, but went with Wolf because of time. Now Sakurai has time to do Krystal. However, does he have the time to do both? The more time passes by, the more I feel this scenario could be a possibility.

Note: This is not bashing Wolf AT ALL. This is just speculation, meaning this could very well be wrong. Wolf still has a strong fanbase and is very possible. Also the possibility of having both could still be viable. I'm just giving a possible reason of why I feel Wolf has yet to return.
That's may be the reason. After all, Sakurai did say that there would be several more characters for DLC after Ryu, Roy and Lucas so we could now get not one but 2 or possibly more than that for this next batch of DLC characters and with Starfox Zero coming out in 2 months, we could get 2 Starfox reps to join the roster. If the Fire Emblem roster can get 5 characters and Pokemon 6 characters, I don't see why we can't have 4 Starfox characters in the roster for Smash 4.

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
So how many more DLC characters do you guys think we'll be getting.

Personally I think we'll be getting 6 to 8 more character, Daddy Sakurai said there would be several more, instead of a couple more, a few more etc.

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman

Personally I think we'll be getting 6 to 8 more character, Daddy Sakurai said there would be several more, instead of a couple more, a few more etc.
I think the least we'd get would probably be 4.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine

I interpret "several" to be more than 1 and somewhere between 2 and 4. So I think the most I can expect is 4. 6-8 would be amazing, though.

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne

4-6. Does anyone else hope they fix the order of the roster, the placement of characters after all of the DLC we had makes it look wonky as hell.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
4-6. Does anyone else hope they fix the order of the roster, the placement of characters after of all the DLC we had makes it look wonky as hell.
I concur. The order is bothering me. Clones and DLC should be with their respective series and the third parties should be side by side hugging the bottom of the roster, where they belong. :evil:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I concur. The order is bothering me. Clones and DLC should be with their respective series and the third parties should be side by side hugging the bottom of the roster, where they belong. :evil:
No, all franchises with a single rep should be at the bottom
(Clones should be on a separate page, Dr.Mario should only be a costume, NOBODY WANTED HIM BACK, EXCEPT FOR THE SMASH VERSION OF GENWUNNERS)

Last edited:

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
Them third parties ain't like us. You seen them. I don't want them taking up the same space as my anime swordsmen, plumbers and space animals. -slams fist on table-

This game ain't big enough for all of us

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
(Clones should be on a separate page, Dr.Mario should only be a costume, NOBODY WANTED HIM BACK!)
Dr. Mario had his fans from melee I guess. There aren't enough clones to warrant a separate page, as much as I'm not excited about the idea of them, and I would be fine with franchises having a single rep be at the bottom since their positioning won't matter so much (as long as they're not in a spot that divides a focused lineup of characters in a series).
This town ain't big enough
For the both of us.

Before a third party supporter waltzes and gets triggered by what I said, I'm kidding. Solid Snake is my second most wanted character for heaven's sake. Check it out if you don't believe me!

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Dr. Mario had his fans from melee I guess. There aren't enough clones to warrant a separate page, as much as I'm not excited about the idea of them, and I would be fine with franchises having a single rep be at the bottom since their positioning won't matter so much (as long as they're not in a spot that divides a focused lineup of characters in a series).

For the both of us.
I agree about clones, though Meleeists are idiots

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
Single repped franchises should just fill up remaining spaces left by the bigger franchises.

I agree about clones, though Meleeists are idiots
I don't mind them that much, but their superiority complex can get really annoying.

Last edited:

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Admit it, Ian. The first 151 Pokemon were the best. The best!
I will admit there are way too many Pokemon, but there are some Pokemon from the original and 2nd gen that are utterly useless and stupid, (*Cough Cough* Psyduck, Snorlax, Magikarp, Exeggcute, Jigglypuff)
C'mon guys. Nothing says "work of art" like this little bundle of joy.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Ey! Gen 3 is where its at.
My childhood says so!

Oh that thread can get very funny. I love it.
You dare to challenge my factually correct opinion, LegendaryFoxFire? ;)
Not as bad as Chandelure
We should make a separate conversation for Poke talk! I've still got stuff to say. Parting shot before I drop it. 2nd gen had a nice run, but Unown and all its variants stained it. Wasted Space: The Pokemon.

jranks

Smash Cadet
I love the Star fox series, and I think Krystal is a great character. I honestly think she deserved to be in Brawl, but maybe this time. I don't know if her exclusion from Star Fox Zero would hinder her, but I hope not

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I love the Star fox series, and I think Krystal is a great character. I honestly think she deserved to be in Brawl, but maybe this time. I don't know if her exclusion from Star Fox Zero would hinder her, but I hope not
No, it actually helps her, since we know the only way to get her to be in a future game is to get her in Smash

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
That thread is the reason why I switched back to Zelda. It's the funniest thing ever.

...Wait... who was the thread for again?
*sigh* Krystal, Edgy. Her name starts with a K instead of a C because Ks in names are a Rareware thing. Unfortunately, people think it's a stripper's name when it's really only a continuation of the Rare meme combined with the "trapped in a crystal" pun.

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
*sigh* Krystal, Edgy. Her name starts with a K instead of a C because Ks in names are a Rareware thing. Unfortunately, people think it's a stripper's name when it's really only a continuation of the Rare meme combined with the "trapped in a crystal" pun.
This Krystal...

Guys she's obviously gonna be a fox clone... :dazwa:

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
The more you know, CKrystal edition.
This Krystal...

Well she looks pretty foxy to me...

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
This Krystal...

I like f(x)'s music. It's catchy. More to the actual subject of the thread, a lot of people still believe Krystal would be a Fox clone. The most out there opinion I've heard is that she would be a Marth with a shine and a tipper. Some people were actually salivating over that because they think she'd be broken if that were the case. Edgy, do you agree with that?

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
I like f(x)'s music. It's catchy. More to the actual subject of the thread, a lot of people still believe Krystal would be a Fox clone. The most out there opinion I've heard is that she would be a Marth with a shine and a tipper. Some people were actually salivating over that because they think she'd be broken if that were the case. Edgy, do you agree with that?
Marth clone, no way in hell. If anything she'd be more along the lines of Zelda or Robin with her magic, and that's pushing it.

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Marth clone, no way in hell. If anything she'd be more along the lines of Zelda or Robin with her magic, and that's pushing it.
The fact that we're having a hard time comparing her to another character with sensible logic pretty much shows how unique she'd be, if done correctly.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
The Zelda social. That's all I have to say.
That thread. I've hung out in there a few times. It's certainly fun and unique. Seems like there's a bunch more regulars than there are actual Zelda players. That's just how popular it is though. It brings people from all around.
Ey! Gen 3 is where its at.
My childhood says so!

Oh that thread can get very funny. I love it.
Hey FoxFire, seen anyone on Gamefaqs mention how EE and Nakat want Krystal? Asking you since you're kind of our most significant link to Gamefaqs and I'm kind of curious. I lurked there yesterday and saw they were watching Paragon basically. I just watched the part of the Paragon stream with the Krystal shoutout earlier today. I thought maybe EE just said he supported Krystal but he actually called out the viewers to vote for Krystal. Pretty great.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
No, it actually helps her, since we know the only way to get her to be in a future game is to get her in Smash
Like how Shiek was in Hyrule warriors, Kid Icarus was resurrected and NES collections always had Ice Climbers despite the actual game being a bit crap?

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Like how Shiek was in Hyrule warriors, Kid Icarus was resurrected and NES collections always had Ice Climbers despite the actual game being a bit crap?
You're on the mark with those last two, but Sheik probably would've made Hyrule Warriors either way.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
You're on the mark with those last two, but Sheik probably would've made Hyrule Warriors either way.
True, but more people would have been surprised.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
(Clones should be on a separate page, Dr.Mario should only be a costume, NOBODY WANTED HIM BACK, EXCEPT FOR THE SMASH VERSION OF GENWUNNERS)
The only ones who wanted Dr. Mario back are those who just want a clone of Melee instead of a new game XD.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
That thread. I've hung out in there a few times. It's certainly fun and unique. Seems like there's a bunch more regulars than there are actual Zelda players. That's just how popular it is though. It brings people from all around.

Hey FoxFire, seen anyone on Gamefaqs mention how EE and Nakat want Krystal? Asking you since you're kind of our most significant link to Gamefaqs and I'm kind of curious. I lurked there yesterday and saw they were watching Paragon basically. I just watched the part of the Paragon stream with the Krystal shoutout earlier today. I thought maybe EE just said he supported Krystal but he actually called out the viewers to vote for Krystal. Pretty great.
Lol of course not. It it had been K. Rool or some other character that GameFAQs like to echo to each other then you bet there would be thread about it. Even ZeRo, who every time he says anything they have a thread about whatever it is failed to have one made about his Top DLC wishlist even thought it had K. Rool in it, it mentioned Krystal in there so they ignored it entirely.

I could make a topic about it but that would draw out the haters especially since both EE and Nakat both dissed Wolf hard in favor of Krystal, that is like breaking one of the Ten Commandments during Middle Times over there and I'm not about to open that can of worms right now.

Did anyone that was watching see how Chat reacted to both EE and Nakat saying what they said?

Edit: Oh, There was a thread going on in GameFAQs that people were talking in during Paragon that went on all the way until the end since they mentioned things that happened during the event. They seems to have left out EE and Nakat's little talk though. Which is funny if you ask me since if it had been about any other character they would have posted that everywhere they could.

Edit 2: Also, Shout out to EE for saying it how it is! "I don't care you all can call me a furry I'm still going to main her" spoken like a true fan and supporter of our favorite blue vixen!

Edit 3 I need to stop...: I just bumped the Paragon thread with a little post about EE's and Nakat's commentary with a little talk about Krystal hidden under a spoiler tag. Now to way as that thread explodes to like 15 pages of attacks and insults.

Last edited:
Top Bottom