• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
It's a bit off-topic but I think it's worth mentioning anyway, Miyamoto recently announced Pikmin 4 and the game is almost finished.

What does this has to do with Star Fox? Pikmin 3 was below Nintendo's expectations regarding sales but it still managed to get a sequel, so it's safe to assume that Zero's sales alone won't be the deciding factor for the future of the series, only time will tell what's going to happen next...

It was right before the match between 6WX and Trela, an amazing Ryu ditto, and EE's commentary was as awesome as ever.

http://oddshot.tv/shot/vgbootcamp-20150906235057869

If you want to watch when both EE and Nakat showed their support you can find here:

http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp/v/14777927

Skip to 3:40:30
Although Pikmin 3 did come out at the very start of the Wii U's lifespan so sales predictions were probably pretty low

Yogurt

Smash Cadet
I'm not a fan of the star fox characters but I'm def not opposed to Krystal being a dlc, she looks a lot more interesting than her counter parts, and would probably be more fun and unique than Wolf. So if my first choices for dlc dont happen, it would be cool to see Krystal at some point.

Last edited:

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Although Pikmin 3 did come out at the very start of the Wii U's lifespan so sales predictions were probably pretty low
With a new console on the horizon, I don't think sales predictions are going to be much higher than they were back then. Maybe they will be due to its release date being in the holiday season, but who knows. One reason could be that Miyamoto just has a soft spot for Pikmin and doesn't want to let it die. He's certainly gave off that impression in the past. That's not to say he doesn't have that same soft spot for Star Fox, however. He cares about the franchise enough to bring it back 10 years later after all. If Miyomoto enjoyed working on a new Pikmin game this soon after Pikmin 3, then let's hope he'll have that same attitude for Star Fox after Zero's release.

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
It's a bit off-topic but I think it's worth mentioning anyway, Miyamoto recently announced Pikmin 4 and the game is almost finished.

What does this has to do with Star Fox? Pikmin 3 was below Nintendo's expectations regarding sales but it still managed to get a sequel, so it's safe to assume that Zero's sales alone won't be the deciding factor for the future of the series, only time will tell what's going to happen next...

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yeah!
Pikmin is fantastic! Glad they aren't making us wait another 10 years for a sequel, and do my eyes trick me it's almost completed?! Why wasen't this at E3!

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I'm not a fan of the star fox characters but I'm def not opposed to Krystal being a dlc, she looks a lot more interesting than her counter parts, and would probably be more fun and unique than Wolf. So if my first choices for dlc dont happen, it would be cool to see Krystal at some point.
Thanks for keeping an open mind. That's the most we can ask of anyone who isn't a fan of the Star Fox cast.
Can I tell you guys my ideas for Star Fox spin-offs
Will it involve a Dr. Seuss reference? :seuss: You can tell us anyway.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
That's exactly what I though before I first played any StarFox game. Welcome aboard.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Thanks for keeping an open mind. That's the most we can ask of anyone who isn't a fan of the Star Fox cast.

Will it involve a Dr. Seuss reference? :seuss: You can tell us anyway.
No
My ideas are
Star Fox: Battalion: An RTS game
Star Fox: Legacy: A prequel to SF64 involving the original Star Fox team
Star Wolf: The story through the eyes of the Star Wolf team
Star Fox: Infantry: A tactical FPS (Both on foot and Arwing sections) developed as a collaboration between Retro Studios, EAD Garage, and Infinity Ward (Nintendo has worked with Western 3rd Party developers before so why not)
Star Fox: Krystal's Adventure: A new title in the series, where Krystal is the main character, the story of the game both explains Krystal's origins and sees the story through her eyes

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
No
My ideas are
Star Fox: Battalion: An RTS game
Star Fox: Legacy: A prequel to SF64 involving the original Star Fox team
Star Wolf: The story through the eyes of the Star Wolf team
Star Fox: Infantry: A tactical FPS (Both on foot and Arwing sections) developed as a collaboration between Retro Studios, EAD Garage, and Infinity Ward (Nintendo has worked with Western 3rd Party developers before so why not)
Star Fox: Krystal's Adventure: A new title in the series, where Krystal is the main character, the story of the game both explains Krystal's origins and sees the story through her eyes
That's a mighty diverse array of spin-offs you've got there. They would all help Star Fox out tremendously. Can you explain more about the RTS game? Like Starcraft or am I getting it mixed up? I think we've discussed the Krystal spin-off before. I know that one's something we want to see. My personal idea for a spinoff is still the Sonic crossover I discussed before. I don't care WHAT people say. It would help us out big time and steal introduce some of those Sonic fans to the games we all love. Expand. Fanbase.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
That's a mighty diverse array of spin-offs you've got there. They would all help Star Fox out tremendously. Can you explain more about the RTS game? Like Starcraft or am I getting it mixed up? I think we've discussed the Krystal spin-off before. I know that one's something we want to see. My personal idea for a spinoff is still the Sonic crossover I discussed before. I don't care WHAT people say. It would help us out big time and steal introduce some of those Sonic fans to the games we all love. Expand. Fanbase.
The RTS is more like a hybrid of Halo Wars and Starcraft

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
The RTS is more like a hybrid of Halo Wars and Starcraft
I only have limited familiarity with Starcraft. There were the units you can mass produce, but then there were special units. The heroes (or major villains). Would you involve the Star Fox cast in those roles or would it be something completely separate from the team? Krystal is like the Sarah Kerrigan of Star Fox now that I think about it. Well, before she got infested anyway.

thief, stop lurking. I know you're there. Turn off that cloaking device pronto and get in here! I don't know what the heck I'm talking about!

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I only have limited familiarity with Starcraft. There were the units you can mass produce, but then there were special units. The heroes (or major villains). Would you involve the Star Fox cast in those roles or would it be something completely separate from the team? Krystal is like the Sarah Kerrigan of Star Fox now that I think about it. Well, before she got infested anyway.

thief, stop lurking. I know you're there. Turn off that cloaking device pronto and get in here! I don't know what the heck I'm talking about!
Actually Yes, I was thinking the main villains are the returning Aparoids, some survived the killcode, those that did, reproduced and are even stronger, Krystal is partially assimilated, but she manages to overcome the hive mindset

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Actually Yes, I was thinking the main villains are the returning Aparoids, some survived the killcode, those that did, reproduced and are even stronger, Krystal is partially assimilated, but she manages to overcome the hive mindset
There are more potential parallels between Assault and Starcraft than I realized.

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman

Since when was it my job to swoop in and rescue you? D: I know less about Starcraft than you do. I'm allergic to PC gaming. The ideas sound cool, though.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Since when was it my job to swoop in and rescue you? D: I know less about Starcraft than you do. I'm allergic to PC gaming. The ideas sound cool, though.
Sorry for yelling. It really isn't your job to do anything I say, and yeah, I forgot you weren't all that into PC gaming.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
BTW, new poll to fill out.

List the character you voted for (or if multiple, the first). I'm spreading it around the other threads so everyone's aware. Feel free to spread it yourselves.
Lets get this poll out some more before it closes. Seems few even noticed Guybrush posted this. Remember what I said about the previous Source Gaming poll? Yeah, I know we can do better so get this thing out. Show it to Jordan... that should be fun to see.

Edit: Seems few have noticed I even posted this.

Last edited:

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for yelling. It really isn't your job to do anything I say, and yeah, I forgot you weren't all that into PC gaming.
Aw, I was only kidding around myself. No need to apologise. D; I'll come to your rescue whenever you need, even if I do make a sucky hero, as I've just evidently proven.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Aw, I was only kidding around myself. No need to apologise. D; I'll come to your rescue whenever you need, even if I do make a sucky hero, as I've just evidently proven.
Lol, it's fine, however, I'll definitely call you when I want to hear your opinion on something if that's ok.

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
Alright everyone. It's time for CONTROVERSIAL SPECULATION TIME WITH EDGY!

As we all know, Sakurai has yet to put in Wolf or Krystal. This could seem a little bit troubling for us, but who's to say that Wolf is the one coming. What if, the reason why Wolf hasn't appeared yet, is because he's not coming at all. Think about it, it's really weird that other famous veterans like Mewtwo, Lucas, and even Roy have all come back, but not Wolf, and he's been one of the highest requested characters ever since he was deconfirmed. It's possible that Sakurai feels that Krystal is more of a priority than Wolf. If I remember correctly, Sakurai was originally planning to have Krystal INSTEAD of Wolf in Brawl, but went with Wolf because of time. Now Sakurai has time to do Krystal. However, does he have the time to do both? The more time passes by, the more I feel this scenario could be a possibility.

Note: This is not bashing Wolf AT ALL. This is just speculation, meaning this could very well be wrong. Wolf still has a strong fanbase and is very possible. Also the possibility of having both could still be viable. I'm just giving a possible reason of why I feel Wolf has yet to return.

Last edited:

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Lol, it's fine, however, I'll definitely call you when I want to hear your opinion on something if that's ok.
Of course. I'm flattered you like to hear my opinions. Honestly I would have had something more productive to say back then but I was trying to type whilst fending off my attention craving dog. just like I'm currently trying to fend off my bad habit of going off topic...

jahkzheng

Smash Lord

As we all know, Sakurai has yet to put in Wolf or Krystal. This could seem a little bit troubling for us, but who's to say that Wolf is the one coming. What if, the reason why Wolf hasn't appeared yet, is because he's not coming at all. Think about it, it's really weird that other famous veterans like Mewtwo, Lucas, and even Roy have all come back, but not Wolf, and he's been one of the highest requested characters ever since he was deconfirmed. It's possible that Sakurai feels that Krystal is more of a priority than Wolf. If I remember correctly, Sakurai was originally planning to have Krystal INSTEAD of Wolf in Brawl, but went with Wolf because of time. Now Sakurai has time to do Krystal. However, does he have the time to do both?The more time passes by, the more I feel this could be a possibility.

Note: This is not bashing Wolf AT ALL. This is just speculation, meaning this could very well be wrong. Wolf still has a strong fanbase and is very possible. Also the possibility of having both could still be viable. I'm just giving a possible reason of why I feel Wolf has yet to return.
Well, he was planning Wolf for Melee but did Falco instead because in that gaming generation he felt Wolf would've just felt like a different colored Fox. He was going to be a clone anyways also, so he went with Falco to make the character seem more different from Fox. So Wolf has had a similar situation happen to him.

I still think that on paper he has the best odds of any remaining potential DLC character. You could be right however. I hope not though. I want both. And if we got Krystal instead of Wolf, it would make a lot of people upset. I'd be happy to get Krystal of course, but I'd also feel Wolf got screwed. After the reveal of Lucas and Roy, and Wolf's big popularity being the most requested returning vet... it wouldn't seem right. But to be honest, Wolf should never have been cut and this should've been 100% Krystal's time to shine. But that's not how it is, so I have to hope we get both.

Anyways, I'm going to reiterate that we need to get this poll out. Someone show it to Jordan... (I don't have twitter so it can't be me, heh).
BTW, new poll to fill out.

List the character you voted for (or if multiple, the first). I'm spreading it around the other threads so everyone's aware. Feel free to spread it yourselves.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine

As we all know, Sakurai has yet to put in Wolf or Krystal. This could seem a little bit troubling for us, but who's to say that Wolf is the one coming. What if, the reason why Wolf hasn't appeared yet, is because he's not coming at all. Think about it, it's really weird that other famous veterans like Mewtwo, Lucas, and even Roy have all come back, but not Wolf, and he's been one of the highest requested characters ever since he was deconfirmed. It's possible that Sakurai feels that Krystal is more of a priority than Wolf. If I remember correctly, Sakurai was originally planning to have Krystal INSTEAD of Wolf in Brawl, but went with Wolf because of time. Now Sakurai has time to do Krystal. However, does he have the time to do both?The more time passes by, the more I feel this could be a possibility.

I wouldn't want to assume the worst about a popular veteran. My heart goes out to the fans if the cut stays where it is, but I've been pretty open about this in the past. Krystal is the only Star Fox DLC that would make me happy. Maybe Slippy depending on how he turns out. Ideally, we'd get both, and I think there's more than enough time to do them, but the director in charge is kind of unpredictable.

Last edited:

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
Well, he was planning Wolf for Melee but did Falco instead because in that gaming generation he felt Wolf would've just felt like a different colored Fox. He was going to be a clone anyways also, so he went with Falco to make the character seem more different from Fox. So Wolf has had a similar situation happen to him.

I still think that on paper he has the best odds of any remaining potential DLC character. You could be right however. I hope not though. I want both. And if we got Krystal instead of Wolf, it would make a lot of people upset. I'd be happy to get Krystal of course, but I'd also feel Wolf got screwed. After the reveal of Lucas and Roy, and Wolf's big popularity being the most requested returning vet... it wouldn't seem right. But to be honest, Wolf should never have been cut and this should've been 100% Krystal's time to shine. But that's not how it is, so I have to hope we get both.

Anyways, I'm going to reiterate that we need to get this poll out. Someone show it to Jordan... (I don't have twitter so it can't be me, heh).
I wouldn't want to assume the worst about a popular veteran. My heart goes out to the fans if the cut stays where it is, but I've been pretty open about this in the past. Krystal is the only Star Fox DLC that would make me happy. Maybe Slippy depending on how he turns out. Ideally, we'd get both, and I think there's more than enough time to do them, but the director in charge is kind of unpredictable.
In no way do I actually want this to be the case. Wolf is still one my most requested characters (only behind Krystal and Impa).
I just felt this issue needed to be brought up because like @ ~Krystal~ ~Krystal~ said, Sakurai is unpredictable and could do something like this.

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Of course I'd much prefer to see Wolf AND Krystal make it in the game and it really would suck if he didn't actually make it, considering how much easier it would be to include him into the game too, but beyond me simply being a bigger fan of Krystal, another reason I'd prefer to see her over Wolf, if I was forced to choose, is simply the fact she wasn't even gotten an opportunity yet. At least Wolf has actually BEEN a smash character and anyone who wants to play him can still go back to Brawl. I know it sucks more for the more "hardcore" smash players, but Wolf has already had his time to shine and as much as I'd like to see it shine again, I've always had a strong opinion of giving new characters opportunities over giving us something we've already seen. Also, I think giving us Krystal in Smash 4 would be a good way to compensate for her absence in Zero, too, but that's just more of a personal thing. ;)

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
In no way do I actually want this to be the case. Wolf is still one my most requested characters (only behind Krystal and Impa).
I just felt this issue needed to be brought up because like @ ~Krystal~ ~Krystal~ said, Sakurai is unpredictable and could do something like this.
I can see how a topic like this could be explosive, but it's something that's worth discussing. This community has a tendency to veer away from these sorts of subjects, and when they are raised, it's usually in a controlled setting jam packed with mods and "be civil" stipulations (which is fair enough). I think we need to face our biggest fears directly and not shy away from discussion regarding a gloomy outcome.
Of course. I'm flattered you like to hear my opinions. Honestly I would have had something more productive to say back then but I was trying to type whilst fending off my attention craving dog. just like I'm currently trying to fend off my bad habit of going off topic...
I'm flattered that a great member like yourself would even respond to one of my inquiries.

Note: The edit button has been my best friend lately. These mistakes... It's like I've been visited by the typo fairy.

Last edited:

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
I can see how a topic like this could be explosive, but it's something that's worth discussing. This community has a tendency to veer away from these sorts of subjects, and when they are raised, it's usually in a controlled setting jam packed with mods and "be civil" stipulations (which is fair enough). I think we need to face our biggest fears directly and not shy away from discussion regarding a gloomy outcome.
A gloomy discussion every once in awhile can actually be healthy, in my opinion. It shows how realistic our views are as a fanbase and how we aren't blinded by only the positives of the subject. If we weren't ready to discuss outside of just sunshine and rainbows, that'd make us just as bad as the haters in a sense, because we wouldn't be willing to accept any kind of negativity.
I'm flattered that a great member like yourself would even respond to one of my inquiries.
I'm flattered that an uber cool "premium" member with a stunning blue title such as yourself would think so highly of a newbie, "hardly even a member" like me~

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
@ ~Krystal~ ~Krystal~ @ T thief_of_demons What am I, chopped liver :glare:

I looked up typo fairy and this what I got

#Sorrynotsorry Back to Krystal whoever that is
At first I was repulsed and then it all began to make sense... Typos aren't pretty and they can smear an otherwise beautiful message. To answer your question, you aren't chopped liver, and no, I'm not about to make a snide joke implying you're something worse or equivalent.

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if any of the other character threads have discussions as *ahem* "unique" as some of ours. Even though this is kinda off topic in itself, and going off topic technically isn't allowed, I think it's another sign of how close this fandom can be (at least on this thread), so I think it's kinda cool that it happens every now and then.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I submitted my vote and clarified my position in an illegal second vote for Krystal. I'm ready for this ballot to end. I want to know who it is we're getting in the third wave. Can another few thousand votes in favor of Krystal make the difference when she's going to be looked into anyway? I wonder that sometimes.

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
I wonder if any of the other character threads have discussions as *ahem* "unique" as some of ours. Even though this is kinda off topic in itself, and going off topic technically isn't allowed, I think it's another sign of how close this fandom can be (at least on this thread), so I think it's kinda cool that it happens every now and then.
The Zelda social. That's all I have to say.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I submitted my vote and clarified my position in an illegal second vote for Krystal. I'm ready for this ballot to end. I want to know who it is we're getting in the third wave. Can another few thousand votes in favor of Krystal make the difference when she's going to be looked into anyway? I wonder that sometimes.
Yes, since the more popular the character the higher likelihood of being added

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Iwata counted on Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101 to boost the Wii U sales, We all know how well that turned out.

http://wiiudaily.com/2013/10/iwata-on-wii-u-sales-pikmin-3/
I hate to say this because it's essentially speculating, but looking at what's coming out in November, Zero's going to get up getting screwed hard because of BOIII, Star Wars Battlefront, FO4, and Tomb Raider on top of it being something not too many even know anymore and that not too many own a WiiU. I may be wrong on this, other than that I have a hunch they wont advertise the game either or not so much, but even then it'd be the same mess they did before.

Top Bottom