• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
It's an indictment on the merits of their own character that they'd feel threatened enough to intentionally target another fanbase. I'm sorry for drawing the discussion on such a dark road. Please forgive me and go on with the support as usual.
Well two can play it that game
We're better than that. No need to sink to their level when these types exist for every major character in the running. At some point, they'll get theirs. It's a vicious cycle, Ian.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
It's an indictment on the merits of their own character that they'd feel threatened enough to intentionally target another fanbase. I'm sorry for drawing the discussion on such a dark road. Please forgive me and go on with the support as usual.

We're better than that. No need to sink to their level when these types exist for every major character in the running. At some point, they'll get theirs. It's a vicious cycle, Ian.
Good point

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
It's an indictment on the merits of their own character that they'd feel threatened enough to intentionally target another fanbase. I'm sorry for drawing the discussion on such a dark road. Please forgive me and go on with the support as usual..
Nope. I don't forgive you :mad: #BAN~KRYSTAL~
jk hun ;)

In a way it's a good thing that the haters feel threatened because it means our support base is strong.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Eh, well I'm not complaining. It's still Krystal support. even if the grammar nazi inside is dying right now...
I feel kind of the same but the one that gets me is the one that implies Krystal is a princess. I'm not a fan of that headcanon.

I've seen others where people call her "Krystal Fox", like that's her name. Those kinda bother me slightly too.

Also, I don't actually think that this poster is necessarily a "hater". They could be indifferent about Krystal or even a fan. They could just have this odd sense of humor. Plus, many of these posts could be seen as support. There's nothing outright saying they're not. Just a few seem sarcastic in a way. Yes, I know there's people out there that do these things, I've seen it. If that's this person's intention though, they aren't doing a great job of it. The art is decent, but the message is vague and sarcastic at worst and supportive of Krystal at best. Maybe the idea is to appear like a Krystal fan and slowly introduce a negative element.. although even that's kind of a fail since rather than being an annoying but seemingly legit Krystal fan, they're introducing a notion that they aren't genuine already with their seemingly sarcastic posts.

Basically, I'm not ready to call this Miiverse poster out. If they are a Krystal fan, the support is nice, but it would be nicer to see better messages associated with it. And if they aren't, they're not doing that good a job of bashing her either.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I feel kind of the same but the one that gets me is the one that implies Krystal is a princess. I'm not a fan of that headcanon.

I've seen others where people call her "Krystal Fox", like that's her name. Those kinda bother me slightly too.
I always found it weird that Krystal doesn't have a last name though, every other character has a last name except for her.

Last edited:

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman

Krystal Fox...? That'd imply that Krystal's surname is the same as Fox's first name. Silly people are silly.

Maybe she doesn't even know her last name? Depends on how young she was when Cerinia was destroyed.
Maybe it's just a Cerinian thing in general not to have surnames. *shrugs* we'll probably never have these answers unfortunately. until Krystal marries Fox, anyways

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I always found it weird that Krystal doesn't have a last name though, every other character has a last name except for her.
I agree, but I'll wait for Nintendo to give her one before I make one up however. I know in one Command timeline, Fox and Krystal have a son, so if anything you might assume Krystal's last name is also McCloud... but that's still an assumption since we don't know about naming and union customs in the Star Fox Universe. And that's only one possible timeline anyways in game that doesn't really have a "canon". The only reason to assume "Fox" as her last name is because she is one and "Slippy Toad" and "Peppy Hare" exist. I'd like to think it's more creative than that however.

Maybe she doesn't even know her last name? Depends on how young she was when Cerinia was destroyed.
That's an interesting theory.

Krystal Fox...? That'd imply that Krystal's surname is the same as Fox's first name. Silly people are silly.

Maybe it's just a Cerinian thing in general not to have surnames. *shrugs* we'll probably never have these answers unfortunately. until Krystal marries Fox, anyways
Only mentioned it because I've seen it. On Miiverse a few times in fact.

Last edited:

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Only mentioned it because I've seen it. On Miiverse a few times in fact.
Yeah, I get you. Just to clarify, I wasn't actually referring to you when I said "silly people". I just find it funny that people would actually think that's her surname. I guess i can forgive the people who don't know a whole lot about Star Fox though. Anyways, just clearing that up in case you thought I was insulting you or something, aha.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
To follow up on that image just because it seemed to of caused a bit of a debate, this is where I found it. It's actually where I saw the others from before, DAs got a few if you look.
Well, I feel vindicated in not assuming the worst here. Just a person with an odd sense of humor after all, heh.

Yeah, I get you. Just to clarify, I wasn't actually referring to you when I said "silly people". I just find it funny that people would actually think that's her surname. I guess i can forgive the people who don't know a whole lot about Star Fox though. Anyways, just clearing that up in case you thought I was insulting you or something, aha.
I assumed not since I was just saying how silly it was myself, people calling her "Krystal Fox"... unless you're thinking I might've been thinking I was silly too, or something. I wasn't thinking that btw. Although I sure sound silly now talking about this. I was just pointing out why I even mentioned it is all.

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
I assumed not since I was just saying how silly it was myself, people calling her "Krystal Fox"... unless you're thinking I might've been thinking I was silly too, or something. I wasn't thinking that btw. Although I sure sound silly now talking about this. I was just pointing out why I even mentioned it is all.
Oh Jahkzheng, your so silly :secretkpop:

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
I thought you might have misinterpreted what I saying by thinking I was calling you silly for bringing it up, which is why I thought that's why you were telling me where you heard about it rather than just telling me in general. man this is confusing.. It was just me over thinking things. It's been a long day in the thief of demons camp. ^^'

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Oh Jahkzheng, your so silly :secretkpop:
You have no idea~

I thought you might have misinterpreted what I saying by thinking I was calling you silly for bringing it up, which is why I thought that's why you were telling me where you heard about it rather than just telling me in general. man this is confusing.. It was just me over thinking things. It's been a long day in the thief of demons camp. ^^'
I thought that you thought that I thought etc stuff.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Watching the stream of Paragon LA, brief intermission between matches. Topic of DLC came up, with Wolf getting mentioned.

Turns out EE, one of the most well known commentators, supports and would prefer Krystal.

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
Watching the stream of Paragon LA, brief intermission between matches. Topic of DLC came up, with Wolf getting mentioned.

Turns out EE, one of the most well known commentators, supports and would prefer Krystal.
It's awesome to see the higher ups in the smash community supporting our favorite vixen

~Krystal~

True American Heroine

Great news! Pretty cool that some top players and a popular commentator have taken up for her.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace

Oh jeez I havent even watched it, any chance of linking that part?

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

Shame I didn't get to see that part. I've been preoccupied, between running errands and getting another LP episode ready (Should be up in an hour or so, if you're interested!).

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Who exactly I don't know, but it's been going on for a while. It's not as common on Smashboards where things are actually controlled and the supporters are keeping an eye out for suspicious activity.
Wow, really? That's a lot of hate on people who hate any character like this. Besides, haters for no absolute reason just want to make sure that a character which fans want to be in a game doesn't make it in. It makes me sick. I'll say this for one thing. If Krystal makes it in Smash 4, that is going to shut the haters big time. If they don't like it, then that's too bad for them. They'll have to get used to it.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Wow, really? That's a lot of hate on characters like this in which haters for no absolute reason to make sure that a character which fans want to be in a game doesn't make it in. It makes me sick. I'll say this for one thing. If Krystal makes it in Smash 4, that is going to shut the haters big time. If they don't like it, then that's too bad for them. They'll have to get used to it.
I'm 99% sure a lot the haters will become fans themselves if they give her a chance. To look beyond what they perceive she represents and to judge her on gameplay.

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
I'm 99% sure a lot the haters will become fans themselves if they give her a chance. To look beyond what they perceive she represents and to judge her on gameplay.
So a "if you can't beat them, join them" mentality. I'm sure some open minded haters (if they exist, anyways) will probably be willing to give Krystal a chance and probably won't complain too much about her making it into the game either, but I can imagine a lot of the more extreme haters either taking ridiculously over the top measures such as opening stupid petitions to change Nintendo's mind, or simply pretend to except Krystal and be ok about it, just to maintain what little dignity they have left over the situation after being proven wrong over something they were oh so sure would never happen. That in itself is pretty irony, considering these people who are so convinced that Krystal won't make it in still feel she's enough of a threat to take action over it, as discussed earlier.

...*deep breath* I need to get my serious head off.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
So a "if you can't beat them, join them" mentality. I'm sure some open minded haters (if they exist, anyways) will probably be willing to give Krystal a chance and probably won't complain too much about her making it into the game either, but I can imagine a lot of the more extreme haters either taking ridiculously over the top measures such as opening stupid petitions to change Nintendo's mind, or simply pretend to except Krystal and be ok about it, just to maintain what little dignity they have left over the situation after being proven wrong over something they were oh so sure would never happen. That in itself is pretty irony, considering these people who are so convinced that Krystal won't make it in still feel she's enough of a threat to take action over it, as discussed earlier.

It's something isn't it? She's not to be taken seriously and at the same time they're they are taking measures to stir the pot and prevent it from happening. Interesting little contradiction of mindsets. I'm not too bothered over it. This ballot isn't designed to take into account anti-character opinions. There's only one ballot that makes one inch of a difference and it's not ran by a party with a vendetta against a character.

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
It's something isn't it? She's not to be taken seriously and at the same time they're they are taking measures to stir the pot and prevent it from happening. Interesting little contradiction of mindsets. I'm not too bothered over it. This ballot isn't designed to take into account anti-character opinions. There's only one ballot that makes one inch of a difference and it's not ran by a party with a vendetta against a character.
Outside of these discussions, I don't even as much as acknowledge the haters. It's just yet another reason most of them can't be taken seriously, really. If I were to meet an open minded hater who was willing to hear out the points of a person with a completely opposite view, I'd personally enjoy having conversation with someone like that, because it's not a one sided conversation. It'd be interesting to hear legitimate reasons as to why someone wouldn't want Krystal in the game and it'd be nice to talk to someone who'd be just as interested in hearing out my good points about her and taking them into consideration. I'm not a fan of arguments at all, especially pointless ones, but like minded discussion between two different sides is something I can dig. Though I guess this problem can be applied to any aspect of life, really. In a way we really are like animals. Cats aren't going to look at things from a dogs perspective anytime soon, after all.

Jeez, I didn't realise I could type about such deep topics until I joined this place. or type this much, even. Anyways, YES, very glad the ballot is unbiased. That's what gives us such a high chance of making this happen.

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Actually, them mentioning Krystal in their ballot votes is only going to further remind the people evaluating it (the ballot) about her. So in a way it could work against the haters who are going out of their way to do that, regardless of their "hate" vendetta.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Actually, them mentioning Krystal in their ballot votes is only going to further remind the people evaluating it (the ballot) about her. So in a way it could work against the haters who are going out of their way to do that, regardless of their "hate" vendetta.
Er...huh? I'm not sure I follow.

(New episode went up a little earlier, by the way)

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Outside of these discussions, I don't even as much as acknowledge the haters. It's just yet another reason most of them can't be taken seriously, really. If I were to meet an open minded hater who was willing to hear out the points of a person with a completely opposite view, I'd personally enjoy having conversation with someone like that, because it's not a one sided conversation. It'd be interesting to hear legitimate reasons as to why someone wouldn't want Krystal in the game and it'd be nice to talk to someone who'd be just as interested in hearing out my good points about her and taking them into consideration. I'm not a fan of arguments at all, especially pointless ones, but like minded discussion between two different sides is something I can dig. Though I guess this problem can be applied to any aspect of life, really. In a way we really are like animals. Cats aren't going to look at things from a dogs perspective anytime soon, after all.

Jeez, I didn't realise I could type about such deep topics until I joined this place. or type this much, even. Anyways, YES, very glad the ballot is unbiased. That's what gives us such a high chance of making this happen.
Are your fingers hurting yet? Anyway, I've got nothing substantive to add to this. I'm not against haters as much as I'm against blind haters. If a detractor is willing to close Google image search and have a grown-up discussion about Krystal with me, I'm fine with that. No "furbait" jabs or making the inference that Krystal was single-handedly responsible for Star Fox's decline.
You have a point. Reasonable developers who have to carefully weigh their options won't read a message in opposition to a character and base their conclusions off of that. They're not going to leave a multi-million dollar decision in the hands of a few immature voters before they've done their homework. I truly do think they're keyed in on what a character will bring from a financial and gameplay perspective. The people who are submitting hate votes for any character are just drawing more attention to the ones the developers were going to seriously evaluate one way or the other. lol

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Are your fingers hurting yet?
Pfft... My fingers went numb from the pain WEEKS ago.

You have a point. Reasonable developers who have to carefully weigh their options won't read a message in opposition to a character and base their conclusions off of that. They're not going to leave a multi-million dollar decision in the hands of a few immature voters before they've done their homework. I truly do think they're keyed in on what a character will bring from a financial and gameplay perspective. The people who are submitting hate votes for any character are just drawing more attention to the ones the developers were going to seriously evaluate one way or the other. lol
Hmm... I never really considered the fact that a hater would vote for Krystal in the ballot just to express their hate for her. (Though I'm not surprised). For one, we aren't entirely sure how the voting works. If it's I.P address based, then I'd say who we chose to vote for is quite an important decision. I'm sure this same hater would probably be the type of person who'd spam vote their favourite character too.

It'd be quite a funny scenario to think that they wasted their vote on a character they don't like and while they sneer to themselves, thinking they're so clever whilst spam voting their favourite character, they'd be blissfully unaware that it was only their first vote that counted and they pretty much helped out the "enemy". Even if they didn't vote for Krystal first, well, if it was IP address based, then the vote wouldn't count and their plan would have failed either way. Of course, if it's NOT IP address based, it still doesn't matter, because this thing is a gosh darn VOTING ballot. As soon as they've voted for Krystal, regardless of what they've put as the reasoning, all they've done is vote for her to win. As you've said, Nintendo will probably scoff and dismiss any immature hate comments anyways. They probably get tons of votes like that for pretty much every popular character. They'd either dismiss the vote, or count it, so really it's just another counter-productive way for a hater to waste their time.

Last edited:

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
I was gone all day yesterday because I was at a Local Tournament (and then got stomach sick coming home) so I missed everything. So going over what I read.
Yes. People will pose as fans of any character just to **** post about them in an attempt to stir up hate for said character. I have seen it happen in GameFAQs and Reddit with people acting like K. Rool fans, or Isaac fans, etc. But I haven't seen this happen with Krystal let though.

2.) EE wants and supports Krystal as a DLC character? Awesome! I missed watching Paragon since I went to the Tournament yesterday but do you know at what point it happened and during which Smash game it was mention?

3.) Luckily for us and other groups this is a ballot is only about voting for your favorite character and anti/NO won't matter as much.

And on the topic of DLC again. Do you think Nintendo will keep up the DLC production if and when Sakurai finally leaves the team? I don't see why they would stop the DLC when it has been so good for them in Markio Kart and now Smash Bros. and could see them work on it post Sakurai.

Lastly, on GameFAQs again, there is a topic about them making and releasing both King K. Rool and Dixie together as DLC and all of the people posting in there agree it would amazing. I wonder how many people would agree with the same idea if it was Wolf and Krystal released together or would they hate/not enjoy it simply because it means Krystal also gets in? I don't see why people would not enjoy it since they for one get their old veteran back and a brand new character along with him.

Edit: And on the topic of if she gets added it and people;s mind-sets. Of course we will find those people that acted like they wanted Krystal from the start. It happens for all the characters that were added since Mewtwo. Its only natural that would happen. Then we would get those that did really want Krystal added in come out of hiding like during Brawl while some may end up like Krystal, if only in Smash, after playing as her in the game. Finally after all that we will still have the people that just don't like her as a character(Which is fine) and those that hate her irrationality which is a shame but each to their own.

Last edited:

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
That in itself is pretty irony, considering these people who are so convinced that Krystal won't make it in still feel she's enough of a threat to take action over it, as discussed earlier.

A threat? maybe...I seriously think Krystal is a disadvantage for Wolf as much as Wolf is a disadvantage fro Krystal.

Yes he is way more requested than Krystal, Yes he would be easier to put in sm4sh but Sakurai is Sakurai he could still pull another Robin at us (Remember Chrom was the MOST popular choice by far for a new fire emblem rep, and I think including him wouldn't have taken as much effort as Robin but he still included him because he though would be more interesting)

See the similarites in Chrom's case and the actual state of wolf and Krystal.:awesome:

Last edited:

Infimus

Smash Apprentice
It's a bit off-topic but I think it's worth mentioning anyway, Miyamoto recently announced Pikmin 4 and the game is almost finished.

What does this has to do with Star Fox? Pikmin 3 was below Nintendo's expectations regarding sales but it still managed to get a sequel, so it's safe to assume that Zero's sales alone won't be the deciding factor for the future of the series, only time will tell what's going to happen next...

2.) EE wants and supports Krystal as a DLC character? Awesome! I missed watching Paragon since I went to the Tournament yesterday but do you know at what point it happened and during which Smash game it was mention?
It was right before the match between 6WX and Trela, an amazing Ryu ditto, and EE's commentary was as awesome as ever.

http://oddshot.tv/shot/vgbootcamp-20150906235057869

If you want to watch when both EE and Nakat showed their support you can find here:

http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp/v/14777927

Skip to 3:40:30

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Did any of you read the book Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss as a kid? Well if you haven't, there was a character who didn't like Green Eggs and Ham (a metaphor for Krystal's character), and Sam-I-Am (A metaphor for Krystal supporters like us) kept saying that if he tried it, he'd love it (Krystal in Smash), he finally tried Green Eggs and Ham and liked them (The haters playing as Krystal in Smash and eventually end up liking her), Now you know what I meant by The Green Eggs and Ham principle

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
It's a bit off-topic but I think it's worth mentioning anyway, Miyamoto recently announced Pikmin 4 and the game is almost finished.

What does this has to do with Star Fox? Pikmin 3 was below Nintendo's expectations regarding sales but it still managed to get a sequel, so it's safe to assume that Zero's sales alone won't be the deciding factor for the future of the series, only time will tell what's going to happen next...

It was right before the match between 6WX and Trela, an amazing Ryu ditto, and EE's commentary was as awesome as ever.

http://oddshot.tv/shot/vgbootcamp-20150906235057869

If you want to watch when both EE and Nakat showed their support you can find here:

http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp/v/14777927

Skip to 3:40:30
Ooooh...I would have loved to see chat after those comments...Bet you chat lost their mind hearing that.

"Shout out to Ed, Edd and Eddy!" Oh my god I love EE. Lmao

Top Bottom