• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Since we're on the topic of Krystal's FS I'm going to post my idea as well. My idea for Krystal's Final Smash would go something like this. First picture Krystal slamming her staff down hard on a stage performing the Super Quake ability from Adventures which will ensnare any fighters close to her in the ground. Next she jumps up in the air and pulls out a gatling gun from Assault and sprays the stage along with the Quake victims/unlucky fighters in the vicinity with heavy machine gunfire and then finishing it off with single Homing Launcher missile to the stage K.O.ing the Quake victims and any unlucky fighters.

I know it seems kinda much, but I tried to come up with something unique to her only ya know.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Since we're on the topic of Krystal's FS I'm going to post my idea as well. My idea for Krystal's Final Smash would go something like this. First picture Krystal slamming her staff down hard on a stage performing the Super Quake ability from Adventures which will ensnare any fighters close to her in the ground. Next she jumps up in the air and pulls out a gatling gun from Assault and sprays the stage along with the Quake victims/unlucky fighters in the vicinity with heavy machine gunfire and then finishing it off with single Homing Launcher missile to the stage K.O.ing the Quake victims and any unlucky fighters.

I know it seems kinda much, but I tried to come up with something unique to her only ya know.
This

1405096389.valtik_krystalsmash.jpg

Last edited:

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, you know how many Krystal haters claim that Krystal ruined the series, and yet gave the developers a free pass? Well it would be saying a lot about those types of haters if even someone who doesn't like Nintendo or care about Starfox knows that Miyamoto is to blame. Where am I going with this? Well a friend of mine posted this comment (and provided some insight):

"Yes, Miyamoto*, being the egomaniac that he is, forced Rare developers to turn the game into a Starfox spinoff in mid-production.
And no one says no to Miyamoto*, right?

Ninsh*to and their devious ways..."

As I said, it says a lot in our favor.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Hey guys, you know how many Krystal haters claim that Krystal ruined the series, and yet gave the developers a free pass? Well it would be saying a lot about those types of haters if even someone who doesn't like Nintendo or care about Starfox knows that Miyamoto is to blame. Where am I going with this? Well a friend of mine posted this comment (and provided some insight):

"Yes, Miyamoto*, being the egomaniac that he is, forced Rare developers to turn the game into a Starfox spinoff in mid-production.

Sadly those people have no idea what the hell they are talking about

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
Sadly those people have no idea what the hell they are talking about

You talking about Krystal haters or Nintendo haters?

And yeah, the fact that Nintendo haters don't blame Krystal shows that the former are biased and blind.

Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace

Oh god the spinoff argument, this is something that someone who doesnt know anything about the series or what a SF64 fanatic would say. I lean toward the latter because they fail to realize that had Adventures never happened, Star Fox as a whole probably would've been dead years ago as much as F-Zero and a few others. There was no mention of Nintendo themselves working on Star Fox at the time during the GameCube, so I mean really give that a thought.

The argument in its own right is delusional to put it simply, one could even say the Donkey Kong Country series is a spinoff because Rare were the ones who made the games and even created everyone that isnt Donkey Kong himself and some of the enemies that were in the old games.

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
Oh god the spinoff argument, this is something that someone who doesnt know anything about the series or what a SF64 fanatic would say. I lean toward the latter because they fail to realize that had Adventures never happened, Star Fox as a whole probably would've been dead years ago as much as F-Zero and a few others. There was no mention of Nintendo themselves working on Star Fox at the time during the GameCube, so I mean really give that a thought.

The argument in its own right is delusional to put it simply, one could even say the Donkey Kong Country series is a spinoff because Rare were the ones who made the games and even created everyone that isnt Donkey Kong himself and some of the enemies that were in the old games.
1st paragraph is a good point. However, the person who made that comment does not like Nintendo; thus I'd assume they don't care about Star Fox.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys, I'm kinda new here and I finally decided to join in the conversation :D. I'm kinda interested to know why you guys want krystal in smash? Are there any special reasons besides just liking the character?

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Hi guys, I'm kinda new here and I finally decided to join in the conversation :D. I'm kinda interested to know why you guys want krystal in smash? Are there any special reasons besides just liking the character?
Mostly the liking part. But I really like Assault and Adventures to a lesser extent (after too much Starfox 64 you cant help but appreciate the sequels). I feel Krystal would be a good way to represent those games.
Another reason that probably is in most of the lists is wanting another Starfox character, but one with an original moveset and not a Fox variation. So Wolf cannot fill that empty feeling of underrepresentation.

Changing the subject a bit. What if: Krystal appeared without a Landmaster Final Smash; BUT, she pulled a sniper rifle or something like it and had the straight line 1HKO like Zelda, Dark Pit and Sheik have.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Hi guys, I'm kinda new here and I finally decided to join in the conversation :D.
Welcome!
I'm kinda interested to know why you guys want krystal in smash? Are there any special reasons besides just liking the character?
She's Donatello and Jean Grey wrapped in one. That's why I want her playable. That and we haven't had a bo-staff combatant yet. Krystal could be the first and I think a lot of the initial salt would dissipate once people figured out she was a fun character all along.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Welcome!

She's Donatello and Jean Grey wrapped in one. That's why I want her playable. That and we haven't had a bo-staff combatant yet. Krystal could be the first and I think a lot of the initial salt would dissipate once people figured out she was a fun character all along.
I agree. We'll have another staff user like Palutena. But she doesn't have to fight exactly like her and Krystal could mix things up a bit in her moveset and not be a Palutena clone. As for her Down B, when you guys were mentioning about her move to be a counter instead of being a reflector, I really like that idea and we can have another character who is not only a new SF character in the roster, but one who doesn't have to use a reflector to counter her opponents since she is a psychic after all. It would be a bit like Shulk's Counter to some extent and it would showcase Krystal to what she can do with her staff. As for her Final Smash, it would be like Snake's Grenade Launcher from Brawl where she jumps onto her Cloudrunner and a reticle appears on screen and she can start blasting her opponents away with her staff while her attack power in her Final Smash is enhanced when using it. Also, I found this cute pic of Krystal and Fox so you all can see:

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
The reasons for me wanting her in Smash are good and bad reasons.

Good:
1) Her magical staff could differentiate herself from the other Star Fox characters.
2) She could represent a bo staff style of fighting not yet present in Smash.
3) One of the most popular Star Fox characters.
4) One of the most-wanted female Nintendo characters (with Dixie Kong).

Bad:
1) Fox's love interest.
2) 1st female anthropomorphic animal in Smash.
3) I want her to be more popular.
4) She's female.

Well, that's basically why I want her.

Last edited:

darklink34

Smash Journeyman

Good:
1) Her magical staff could differentiate herself from the other Star Fox characters.

Bad:
1) Fox's love interest.
2) 1st female anthropomorphic animal.
4) She's female.

I dunno are there really any bad reasons, maybe just a bit weaker ones :p. I also want her in so that she could maybe grow to be more popular, she really gets way too much hate for no real good reason.
One big reason why I want her in smash is so that everyone could see what she's cabable of! I was quite disappointed when I played through SF Adventures that she was trapped in a crystal almost the whole time, even though the boxart gave the impression that she and the rest of the starfox crew would have bigger roles in the game...

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Changing the subject a bit. What if: Krystal appeared without a Landmaster Final Smash; BUT, she pulled a sniper rifle or something like it and had the straight line 1HKO like Zelda, Dark Pit and Sheik have.
I'd rather have Falco's neutral B to be changed to a sniper rifle shot.
NO! THIS WILL BE GOKU FROM YUYUKI WHO REPRESENTS THIS STYLE!

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
I agree. We'll have another staff user like Palutena. But she doesn't have to fight exactly like her and Krystal could mix things up a bit in her moveset and not be a Palutena clone. As for her Down B, when you guys were mentioning about her move to be a counter instead of being a reflector, I really like that idea and we can have another character who is not only a new SF character in the roster, but one who doesn't have to use a reflector to counter her opponents since she is a psychic after all. It would be a bit like Shulk's Counter to some extent and it would showcase Krystal to what she can do with her staff. As for her Final Smash, it would be like Snake's Grenade Launcher from Brawl where she jumps onto her Cloudrunner and a reticle appears on screen and she can start blasting her opponents away with her staff while her attack power in her Final Smash is enhanced when using it. Also, I found this cute pic of Krystal and Fox so you all can see:

The thing about Palutena is that only three of her staff attacks are legitimately physical, but the rest are all magic, even with the staff which floats and spins midair. The three attacks themselves arent exactly bo jitsu or spear like either.

Good:

Bad:
1) Fox's love interest.
2) 1st female anthropomorphic animal.
4) She's female.

Assuming you're saying she's the first female in Star Fox, Katt would like a word with you

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
The thing about Palutena is that only three of her staff attacks are legitimately physical, but the rest are all magic, even with the staff which floats and spins midair. The three attacks themselves arent exactly bo jitsu or spear like either.

Assuming you're saying she's the first female in Star Fox, Katt would like a word with you
The first female people cared about. Or with an important role, whichever works

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Well, if you really wanna get technical Fara Phoenix probably would also wanna have a word with him/her ;D, although she only appeared in the nintendo power comic. But I'm guessing s/he meant first female anthropomorphic animal in smash.

Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Well, if you really wanna get technical Fara Phoenix probably would also wanna have a word with him/her ;D, although she only appeared in the nintendo power comic. But I'm guessing s/he meant first female anthropomorphic animal in smash.
The comic in Nintendo Power wasnt even canon, so I mean, but yeah it could be about that. Perhaps it was how it was said that made it sound like something else than what it really is.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
After Krystal, I really don't think Star Fox will get any more reps, unless a new main character is added, Panther has decent popularity, but I can't think of a good unique moveset for him, Slippy and Peppy wouldn't fit the game, and Leon has the same problem, and Andross would have the exact same problem as Ridley

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I want Krystal because she has the opportunity to be a Star Fox rep that isn't a clone or semi-clone of Fox who doesn't use a Landmaster. A martial staff based character is one who writes their own moveset and is a niche that simply is not in the game right now. And despite the sizable Adventures hatebase who base their criticisms almost purely of SF64 nostalgia, I really loved the game and played through it dozens of times. So if Krystal meant having an Adventures themed stage I'd be all for it, even if I'm not too crazy over Krystal herself.

So go ahead and add me to the support list. I think she'd fit super well alongside K. Rool, Isaac, and Waddle Dee making it in for a solid 4 ballot winners.

In addition, while she might not have as much clout as these guys in the western outtake polls, she usually is top 3, often times just behind K. Rool, on the Japanese ones that I've seen.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I want Krystal because she has the opportunity to be a Star Fox rep that isn't a clone or semi-clone of Fox who doesn't use a Landmaster. A martial staff based character is one who writes their own moveset and is a niche that simply is not in the game right now. And despite the sizable Adventures hatebase who base their criticisms almost purely of SF64 nostalgia, I really loved the game and played through it dozens of times. So if Krystal meant having an Adventures themed stage I'd be all for it, even if I'm not too crazy over Krystal herself.

So go ahead and add me to the support list. I think she'd fit super well alongside K. Rool, Isaac, and Waddle Dee making it in for a solid 4 ballot winners.

In addition, while she might not have as much clout as these guys in the western outtake polls, she usually is top 3, often times just behind K. Rool, on the Japanese ones that I've seen.
I would just like to say, yes, yes to everything mentioned in this post

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
I actually meant first female anthropomorphic animal added to Smash as I was giving reasons to why I wanted her in Smash.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion

Waddle Dork is a lock because of Sakurai's obvious bias for his own franchises like Kid Icarus and Kirby

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Waddle Dork is a lock because of Sakurai's obvious bias for his own franchises like Kid Icarus and Kirby
Maybe, maybe not. It's true that Sakurai had his hand in several Kirby games, but Bandana Dee's fanbase and votebase is nothing to sneeze at. If Sakurai chose characters purely off his own merits and not with the popular vote, we wouldn't see K. Rool, Krystal, or Waddle Dee but instead Hades, Medusa, and Viridi. (And that's no offense to fans of those characters, and I say this jokingly).

Either way, 4 feels like a magic number to me for a few series.

For Donkey Kong I could see Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, King K. Rool
For Kirby I can see Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight, and Bandana Dee
For Star Fox I can see Fox, Falco, Wolf, and Krystal
For Metroid I can see Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Dark Samus, and Fusion Samus
:troll:
Ridley plz

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Sakurai didn't work on the games where bandana dee was a main character though and Kirby really isn't favoured at all in smash 4, all the characters are mid-tier at best, there's only 1 new stage, a few remixes and few trophies/assists

Last edited:

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
After Krystal, I really don't think Star Fox will get any more reps, unless a new main character is added, Panther has decent popularity, but I can't think of a good unique moveset for him, Slippy and Peppy wouldn't fit the game, and Leon has the same problem, and Andross would have the exact same problem as Ridley
I don't know about Slippy not fitting; he would be a good candidate for a joke moveset (like with Smash Bros. Lawl's Irate Gamer and Best Hercules), although even that would be tricky, since some people would still find him annoying instead of funny (and there's the fact that people would hate if he got in instead of Wolf and/or Krystal).

By the way, I found this funny idea of a joke moveset for Slippy (which inspired me to think that Slippy should be given a joke moveset if he were to be playable):

"up B- gets hit by laser (explosion shoots him up. also takes damage)
down B- tripping dropping tools (takes damage)
side B- throws gun that hits the enemy but back fires at you(take damage)
neutral B - calls for help cuz someone is on his tail but nobody shows up to help.
Final smash - He refuses to use the smash ball cuz is someone else's invention."

Also, I was also thinking of an idea for a DLC pack that gives a few joke chars such as Slippy, and that the set would be called the "Funny Pack." What other chars do y'all think would go well in that set idea (I'd be thinking maybe it would be best if it were all chars that pretty much nobody likes and have plenty of haters)?

Yeah, Blonic Pit is pretty much proof of his bias.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
But Kid Icarus is
Not really, It has 2 stages but the 3DS one likely uses uprising assets, all the 3DS trophies are ripped from uprising and the wii u only has a few trophies. There are a decent amount of items but that's cause they work really well as items, there are 2 assists which isn't many and there are the smash run enemies which are once again ripped from uprising. In terms of characters we have pit and palutena, both fine, then there's dark pit who is literally just an upgraded alt with extremely little effort put in.

It's not a case of Kid icarus being over represented, it's a case of Star Fox, Donkey Kong, Metroid etc etc being under represented

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Not really, It has 2 stages but the 3DS one likely uses uprising assets, all the 3DS trophies are ripped from uprising and the wii u only has a few trophies. There are a decent amount of items but that's cause they work really well as items, there are 2 assists which isn't many and there are the smash run enemies which are once again ripped from uprising. In terms of characters we have pit and palutena, both fine, then there's dark pit who is literally just an upgraded alt with extremely little effort put in.

It's not a case of Kid icarus being over represented, it's a case of Star Fox, Donkey Kong, Metroid etc etc being under represented
Agreed. I do hope that another character from metroid series would be added to smash ( after krystal). It basically has only one rep. Which is samus in 2 different forms. Not really sure who could be added though, only key characters that I know from metroid are samus and ridley.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Agreed. I do hope that another character from metroid series would be added to smash ( after krystal). It basically has only one rep. Which is samus in 2 different forms. Not really sure who could be added though, only key characters that I know from metroid are samus and ridley.
That's pretty much it, Sylux is a possibility, but that'd only happen after Prime 4 which Retro said won't happen till the NX

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
That's pretty much it, Sylux is a possibility, but that'd only happen after Prime 4 which Retro said won't happen till the NX
I thought about Little Birdie being added, but I was told it wouldn't be a good idea since he has pretty much no iconicness or moveset potential. I guess that lowers Ridley's chances of being playable DLC even more. :p

The only other ideas (besides a Metroid Prime hunter) I could come up with are Kraid and Anthony Higgs. And I do NOT want a Federation Farts soldier

Top Bottom