• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
I didnt even realize the Miiverse stage wasnt even playable online, though i've been terrible about playing the game since I own the old XL, and I despise it restarting every time I stop playing, so what would I know? No idea why I havent been touching the WiiU version either, but beside that I noticed this too.

This particular post you found is by a good friend of mine that I met on Miiverse. He and I both want Krystal in as Sm4sh DLC. He is also a very talented artist as well.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
At this rate, would Reggie be a good successor?
I think Reggie will be back as the CEO of NOA while either Miyamoto or that other guy will be the president of Nintendo. I personally don't want Miyamoto to be President since he really isn't that type of guy. His passion is creating games for fans to enjoy, not being a president.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Speaking of Miiverse posts, I was facing against my friend the other day locally in the Miiverse stage and I was playing with my main boy Fox and I stumbled upon this post in the stage you'll all like.

The message says: "Monado's Power? This is the Cerinian's Power. Vote Krystal."

It's amazing that she is getting a lot of support even in the Miiverse since she is pretty much one of the most requested characters for Smash 4's DLC alongside with K. Rool and Isaac(Golden Sun). After all this time and considering the fact that Starfox is becoming relevant once again this year because of Starfox Zero coming out this year and Command just came out recently on the Wii U's eShop, I think that now is the time that she finally has her chance to shine in the spotlight in Smash 4's roster and that the Starfox roster should get some more characters than just Fox and Falco.
Interestingly enough, I saw a post show up at a Smashfest I was at last week. There wasn't even a Star Fox character in play; it was between a Duck Hunt and...I want to say Pit?

I was kind of surprised the Duck Hunt player didn't react, with how much he's flipped out over the idea before.

Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
At this rate, would Reggie be a good successor?
If i'm not mistaken, Japan doesnt like having non japanese people working on their turf, rumor says Miyamoto might get the position, but I doubt it'd happen since, and I may be wrong here, he's not a businessman.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I think he'll take over. Hopefully he can live up to Iwata's legacy. I feel like Iwata never really cared for the business side of things. He just wanted for us to have fun. Because that's all a game really should be, fun.
What about a CEO that wants us to have fun like Iwata, but has the aggressive business sense of Yamauchi. I mean if everyone is supposedly the target demographic, there should be some adult oriented titles, (That was a strength of the Gamecube)

Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Interestingly enough, I saw a post show up at a Smashfest I was at last week. There wasn't even a Star Fox character in play; it was between a Duck Hunt and...I want to say Pit?

I was kind of surprised the Duck Hunt player didn't react, with how much he's flipped out over the idea before.
Did it involve Krystal burning Duck Hunt, cause I saw one by the same guy that did the one that involved Shulk. In fact he seems to be doing one of each character from the looks of it.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Did it involve Krystal burning Duck Hunt, cause I saw one by the same guy that did the one that involved Shulk. In fact he seems to be doing one of each character from the looks of it.
From what I remember, it was just generic, unoffensive support art. Was pretty good quality, though.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
From what I remember, it was just generic, unoffensive support art. Was pretty good quality, though.
I think to be fair on Duck Hunts end, everyone wanted to shoot the dog, but it isnt like it's happening in the one I was talking about.

By the way, here's a follow up to the post on the Star Fox figures that were shown.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
I feel like by the toys' appearances, they're only making the SF64 cast which is what it's turning out to be in Star Fox Zero. Not to mention, their appearances in the new game look like upgraded 64 incarnations.

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
Soooo, at one point I was thinking about how Krystal would incorporate telepathy into her moveset (at least by some measure), and all I could come up with was a counter (that uses telepathy like how Shulk's counter uses the Monado's super-math power). Any other ideas?

Edit: I know many people would not want more counter moves, but as long as at least one of Krystal's moves uses telepathy, I can look past that.

Well, yeah... I don't want to come across as a condescending jerk or anything. That wouldn't be right.
Yeah, I can and will respect your hatred of her, although I am interested to hear the reasons for the hate...

Last edited by a moderator:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Soooo, at one point I was thinking about how Krystal would incorporate telepathy into her moveset (at least by some measure), and all I could come up with was a counter (that uses telepathy like how Shulk's counter uses the Monado's super-math power). Any other ideas?

Edit: I know many people would not want more counter moves, but as long as at least one of Krystal's moves uses telepathy, I can look past that.
When I last touched on this subject, I said I would like to see her telepathy work as a brief distraction that makes the opponent pause midway into their attack animation before resuming it. With so many staff abilities and Assault weapons at Krystal's fingertips, I wouldn't prescribe dedicating a B special to it, though. In my mind, that would be a total waste considering the way DLC characters are being released without customs. As a functional taunt, like Luigi's spike in Brawl, we could have our cake and eat it too. As an integral part of her moveset? I'm leaning in another direction.

The fact we're even putting our heads together trying to think of something just goes to show telepathy would be a forced concept, and for a character that already has many possible techniques that could be smoothly implemented without making it feel like they reached for a way to make it work. :)

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
When I last touched on this subject, I said I would like to see her telepathy work as a brief distraction that makes the opponent pause midway into their attack animation before resuming it. With so many staff abilities and Assault weapons at Krystal's fingertips, I wouldn't prescribe dedicating a B special to it, though. In my mind, that would be a total waste considering the way DLC characters are being released without customs. As a functional taunt, like Luigi's spike in Brawl, we could have our cake and eat it too. As an integral part of her moveset? I'm leaning in another direction.

The fact we're even putting our heads together trying to think of something just goes to show telepathy would be a forced concept, and for a character that already has many possible techniques that could be smoothly implemented without making it feel like they reached for a way to make it work. :)
Telepathy could work as a taunt or as a Final Smash

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Telepathy could work as a taunt or as a Final Smash
Got any ideas for how it might be used as a Final Smash? Right now, I'm thinking of it as a way to contact a Cloudrunner or some other friendly dinosaur ally. Help me, Tricky, you're my only hope. huehue

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
I think to be fair on Duck Hunts end, everyone wanted to shoot the dog, but it isnt like it's happening in the one I was talking about.

By the way, here's a follow up to the post on the Star Fox figures that were shown.

Hmmm, well it's not a bad business practice like the amiibos are (what with them functioning basically the same as DLC, especially Day 1 and Disc-Locked DLC).

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Hmmm, well it's not a bad business practice like the amiibos are (what with them functioning basically the same as DLC, especially Day 1 and Disc-Locked DLC).
Lets be fair here, Skylanders and Disney Infinity is DLC on its own, and you're required to use em to even play. If say Sony were to jump on this sort of thing too, they'd certainly do the same thing.

To me, I see Amiibos as the closest thing to figures of certain characters we'll get, and two of my relatives buy em for the same reason. Aint saying we dont use em, but they're definitely more of a display piece to us.

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
Lets be fair here, Skylanders and Disney Infinity is DLC on its own, and you're required to use em to even play. If say Sony were to jump on this sort of thing too, they'd certainly do the same thing.

To me, I see Amiibos as the closest thing to figures of certain characters we'll get, and two of my relatives buy em for the same reason. Aint saying we dont use em, but they're definitely more of a display piece to us.

Good point on the second paragraph. I don't think I would have a problem with amiibos if they didn't have any in-game functionality (though I used to worry that amibos could be the beginning of Ninty turning into a pure toy company).

Update: I just started understanding your first paragraph. Yeah, Nintendo doesn't do it as bad as Skylanders or DI (at least for Smash Bros.; I've heard some controversy about Mario Party 10's amiibos).

Last edited:

Foxy Renegade

Smash Cadet
I believe that a counter would actually fit her telepathic abilities quite well. It would also set her apart from the rest of the Star Fox characters implemented into the game already. That's the best thing for her to be completely honest. If she makes it into the game she needs to avoid being similar to her crew. As for the complaint of there being too many counters? Sorry everyone, at this point there are counters on many characters and the uniqueness of the quality has been eliminated. I'm perfectly fine with counters as long as they don't have the broken qualities of Shulk's counter. The time lapse and range that is included into his counter are possibly the most annoying thing for me in the game. Tangent aside, I would say a counter using her staff would be an excellent addition to her moveset.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
I believe that a counter would actually fit her telepathic abilities quite well. It would also set her apart from the rest of the Star Fox characters implemented into the game already. That's the best thing for her to be completely honest. If she makes it into the game she needs to avoid being similar to her crew. As for the complaint of there being too many counters? Sorry everyone, at this point there are counters on many characters and the uniqueness of the quality has been eliminated. I'm perfectly fine with counters as long as they don't have the broken qualities of Shulk's counter. The time lapse and range that is included into his counter are possibly the most annoying thing for me in the game. Tangent aside, I would say a counter using her staff would be an excellent addition to her moveset.
And that's why I love Shulk. Power Vision is too good. I actually don't mind Krystal having a counter if it does make her different from the other Star Fox characters. Just don't give her a reflect like Palutena's default moveset. The problem isn't the faltering uniqueness of counter originally unique to Marth and Roy, it's that there are a bit too many counter users added in this latest Smash. Greninja, Shulk, Lucina, Palutena, Little Mac, and Ryu are newcomers that have counters and Roy just came back.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
And that's why I love Shulk. Power Vision is too good. I actually don't mind Krystal having a counter if it does make her different from the other Star Fox characters. Just don't give her a reflect like Palutena's default moveset. The problem isn't the faltering uniqueness of counter originally unique to Marth and Roy, it's that there are a bit too many counter users added in this latest Smash. Greninja, Shulk, Lucina, Palutena, Little Mac, and Ryu are newcomers that have counters and Roy just came back.
Since when did Ryu have a counter?

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
Its super armor...

Just like Little Mac's Neutral B. A counter is a move that only affects the opponent if they have hit the person while performing the counter. If you are not hit while countering, nothing happens.
It could still be considered a counter in some cases.

Top Bottom