• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Infimus

Smash Apprentice
This seems relevant once again.

Again, i rather wait more before i start jumping to conclusions, I am the guy that finished Resident Evil Remake (which ironically it's not that different from Zero as it's not an actual remake) 10 times, Metal Gear Rising about 15 times, Metal Gear Solid about 20 times, and SF64 over 300. But it can also be like a Proteus a game that you can "finish" in about 30 minutes, but i never touched it again because that game wanted so much to be artsy and forgot to be an actual game.

Regarding the graphics I did heard some people saying that the Demo that was shown it's actually months old, that explains why Titania looks so much better than everything else, honestly i don't care much about this aspect the gameplay is clearly the game's focus and i want to see more of that, just the 60 fps on both screens it's quite impressive.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
This seems relevant once again.

Again, i rather wait more before i start jumping to conclusions, I am the guy that finished Resident Evil Remake (which ironically it's not that different from Zero as it's not an actual remake) 10 times, Metal Gear Rising about 15 times, Metal Gear Solid about 20 times, and SF64 over 300. But it can also be like a Proteus a game that you can "finish" in about 30 minutes, but i never touched it again because that game wanted so much to be artsy and forgot to be an actual game.

Regarding the graphics I did heard some people saying that the Demo that was shown it's actually months old, that explains why Titania looks so much better than everything else, honestly i don't care much about this aspect the gameplay is clearly the game's focus and i want to see more of that, just the 60 fps on both screens it's quite impressive.
But the problem is that if a game is that short, it might not feel that satisfying and that hurts any value the gameplay has, and no VS. mode kills a lot of replayablity , to me, Zero is just Star Fox 64HD, the real sequel is Event Horzion, something that actually tries to push the franchise forward, and doesn't just rely on the same old Andross plot or cheesy dialog, okay Zero might have better character models, but that's it. Zero just sounds like an Eshop title, not a AAA caliber release.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
But the problem is that if a game is that short, it might not feel that satisfying and that hurts any value the gameplay has, and no VS. mode kills a lot of replayablity , to me, Zero is just Star Fox 64HD, the real sequel is Event Horzion, something that actually tries to push the franchise forward, and doesn't just rely on the same old Andross plot or cheesy dialog, okay Zero might have better character models, but that's it. Zero just sounds like an Eshop title, not a AAA caliber release.
By vs. mode you mean like Dog Fights against actual people right? If you are, I seriously don't know why they didn't add this mode in. I WANNA SHOOT MY FRIENDS IN SPACE WITH THE PEW PEW LASERS IN MY ARWING THAT CAN TURN INTO A CHICKEN THING GOD DAMMIT!

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
By vs. mode you mean like Dog Fights against actual people right? If you are, I seriously don't know why they didn't add this mode in. I WANNA SHOOT MY FRIENDS IN SPACE WITH THE PEW PEW LASERS IN MY ARWING THAT CAN TURN INTO A CHICKEN THING GOD DAMMIT!
Yes, that's exactly what I meant, Miyamoto is a crackpot old fool if he thinks people are going to pay anything more than $20 on a 2 hour game with very little replayability, and NO online multiplayer. And knowing Miyamoto, he'll dodge the blame when the game flops, instead of admitting his failure. Miyamoto's views on a lot of topics are quite frankly archaic and obviously don't work in today's gaming marketplace

Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Yes, that's exactly what I meant, Miyamoto is a crackpot old fool if he thinks people are going to pay anything more than $20 on a 2 hour game with very little replayability, and NO online multiplayer. And knowing Miyamoto, he'll dodge the blame when the game flops, instead of admitting his failure. Miyamoto's views on a lot of topics are quite frankly archaic and obviously don't work in today's gaming marketplace
I feel like if the game ends up being a flop, I should send Nintendo a letter in regards to the series, just because like Metroid and F-Zero, the series deserves better than this. It sounds ridiculous yes, but considering I gave em my opinion about Zero the moment it was announced, it wouldnt hurt to at least try I guess.

This was the response I got after explaining my concerns with Zero a day or two after it's premiere. It was before they confirmed later that Zero's a parallel universe from the original timeline. Probably doesnt mean much though, but it was at least nice they responded.
Nintendo SFZ Response.png

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
I feel like if the game ends up being a flop, I should send Nintendo a letter in regards to the series, just because like Metroid and F-Zero, the series deserves better than this. It sounds ridiculous yes, but considering I gave em my opinion about Zero the moment it was announced, it wouldnt hurt to at least try I guess.

This was the response I got after explaining my concerns with Zero a day or two after it's premiere. It was before they confirmed later that Zero's a parallel universe from the original timeline. Probably doesnt mean much though, but it was at least nice they responded.
View attachment 62527
I don't want to be "that guy", but I'm just going to throw out the possibility that the whole "parallel universe" thing could either be a sort-of backtrack response to the backlash, or even just a general excuse to mitigate and/or obviate questions/concerns. What I'm basically suggesting is that we simply don't know how they intended this game's timeline or whatever to fit in to the whole picture. It's entirely possible that they just made this game to test out a few ideas rather than contributing to the bigger picture of Star Fox--a sidestep, if you will.

Emphasis on possibility. Don't want to confuse people into thinking this is what I believe--because it's not. Just a different perspective to consider.

It's nice to see that you got a response, however. Sometimes we don't hear what they even have to say regarding fans' concerns. I get it; I mean there's a lot of business tie-ins and whatnot. Must be difficult to filter through so many responses.

Regarding Star Fox Zero, I'm going to wait until I can watch some people's full playthroughs and reviews before I consider buying it for myself.

Last edited:

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
I can kinda understand why star fox zero is a "reimagining", again, of star fox. It's an easy way to please the fans of n64 star fox, even though those people will most likely just keep saying star fox n64 is the best one forever. Other reason being that it's a way to attract new people to the series without alienating them by making it a sequel to the GC star fox games. Plus I doubt nintendo realizes that they have a split community with star fox, those who keep praising SF N64 to no end and those who enjoyed the GC SF games.

I just doubt that everyone who already isn't a fan of star fox series won't be interested at all of zero.
Honestly, if I hadn't played all the star fox games in the past few years and hadn't become a fan of the series, I probably wouldn't have cared at all for zero, because of how it looks and plays. Outdated. But I'll give it the benefit of a doubt and try it when it comes out.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Other than the creepily human proportioned characters (I prefer more cartoonish proportions for them like Fox does in Smash), this game looks visually better than Star Fox Zero in the space segments. And is a -fan game-.

The dual screen gimmick Zero has will be its downfall.
Well then again that is pretty much one of the few games now on the Wii U coming up that will utilize the Gamepad controller to its fullest extent as an option. I mean you have to admit, having a game that runs in both screens at 60fps, that's quite an achievement there and that was done like that in Mario Kart 8 in some way. Regarding about Zero, I think that the game will do fine after all. Besides it's Starfox and it is a popular franchise. Remember the game itself will have replay value like in Assault and 64 for instance if you want to go for a high score and let's not forget the multiple options that the game offers as shown in the Corneria mission that was shown at E3. That is where the replay value comes from. This is like the game Vanquish(another game made by Platinum Games). It's a shooter that is short, but so much fun to play and replay value. Knowing Platinum Games themselves in working with Nintendo on Zero, I honestly think we shouldn't worry about it too much. After all, Platinum Games has not made a game that I did not like and I hope that they keep it up. I'm sure the game will look polished more by the time the game gets near its release. What we saw at E3 was just a demo of the game still in development.

Anyway, let's get back to the topic at hand of Krystal for Smash 4's DLC. That's what matters the most. Besides, it's great that the support for her has not died out the slightest of her being DLC and we should keep it up. That will finally get Sakurai's attention to finally consider putting her in Smash for real. Also, I found this pic on Deviantart of someone's take on the Starfox characters Hanna-Barbera style(I grew up watching the Hanna-Barbera cartoons) and it looks awesome.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion

View attachment 62527
Probably just corporate white noise,
I can kinda understand why star fox zero is a "reimagining", again, of star fox. It's an easy way to please the fans of n64 star fox, even though those people will most likely just keep saying star fox n64 is the best one forever.
WHY TRY TO PLEASE THEM?! THOSE IDIOTS ARE IMPOSSIBLE TO PLEASE!!
Well then again that is pretty much one of the few games now on the Wii U coming up that will utilize the Gamepad controller to its fullest extent as an option. I mean you have to admit, having a game that runs in both screens at 60fps, that's quite an achievement there and that was done like that in Mario Kart 8 in some way. Regarding about Zero, I think that the game will do fine after all. Besides it's Starfox and it is a popular franchise. Remember the game itself will have replay value like in Assault and 64 for instance if you want to go for a high score and let's not forget the multiple options that the game offers as shown in the Corneria mission that was shown at E3. That is where the replay value comes from. This is like the game Vanquish(another game made by Platinum Games). It's a shooter that is short, but so much fun to play and replay value. Knowing Platinum Games themselves in working with Nintendo on Zero, I honestly think we shouldn't worry about it too much. After all, Platinum Games has not made a game that I did not like and I hope that they keep it up. I'm sure the game will look polished more by the time the game gets near its release. What we saw at E3 was just a demo of the game still in development.
This isn't an arcade game you know, High Score as the only replay value is just stupid

Last edited:

Infimus

Smash Apprentice
This isn't an arcade game you know, High Score as the only replay value is just stupid
Just because you don't find that appealing it doesn't mean nobody does.

PlatinumGames is well known for making somehow short games with great gameplay that makes the players coming back for more to do it faster and better. Judge the quality of an entire game with just a number is foolish.

Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Just because you don't find that appealing it doesn't mean nobody does.

PlatinumGames is well known for making somehow short games with great gameplay that makes the players coming back for more to do it faster and better. Judge the quality of an entire game with just a number is foolish.
Just saying, but just because Platinum may of made some decent titles doesnt make em entirely perfect, The legend of Korra I heard was bad in so many ways that despite that, the consumers who're loyal to em defended it, which is kinda why some call them platinumdrones because they have this mentality that Platinum can do no wrong. What i'm saying is just because Platinum's making Star Fox doesnt mean it's going to be good, remember, Team Ninja, the people who're known for the Ninja Gaiden games made Other M, and it turned out to be the absolute worst installment in the entire Metroid series as much as Star Fox Command.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Just saying, but just because Platinum may of made some decent titles doesnt make em entirely perfect, The legend of Korra I heard was bad in so many ways that despite that, the consumers who're loyal to em defended it, which is kinda why some call them platinumdrones because they have this mentality that Platinum can do no wrong. What i'm saying is just because Platinum's making Star Fox doesnt mean it's going to be good, remember, Team Ninja, the people who're known for the Ninja Gaiden games made Other M, and it turned out to be the absolute worst installment in the entire Metroid series as much as Star Fox Command.
So they are like the Nintendrones

Infimus

Smash Apprentice
I never said it's definitely going to be good, I'm just saying that from all the information so far it has some of the characteristics of their successful titles, but i rather wait until i jump to conclusions. Also judging by Activision's track record on licensed games i think it's safe to assume that it's their fault for such low quality product, I still wonder how the studio that made the excellent Ghostbusters: The video game also made the horrible The Walking Dead: Survivor Instinct, it had a lot of cool ideas but it was clearly rushed so they would get money from TWD fans as fast as possible, thank god i only borrowed a friend's copy, I bet that the new Transformers game will also be a failure. I think the only game that PlatinumGames made that was not licensed that was not that well received was Anarchy Reigns, i can't say much about it since i never played it, someday i will give it a try since I loved Madworld.

Not to mention, during the development of Bayonetta 2, Hashimoto praised Nintendo for letting they do what they wanted with the game but at the same time giving a lot of positive feedback that according to him improved the title, he said that he would love to work with them again, and now we know that his wish was granted.

One last thing, let's be honest it was Nintendo's fault for the failure of Other M, specifically Sakamoto, that guy should never be the director in the first place, everybody not only working on this project but Nintendo as whole said that hate to work with him, he was too stubborn to listen to what people had to say and nothing beside what he thinks it's right, and this for a director is a death sentence to the entire project. Team Ninja didn't like what they did to this game, specially what they did to Samus, the irony is astonishing, because they are the guys that made this:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I never said it's definitely going to be good, I'm just saying that from all the information so far it has some of the characteristics of their successful titles, but i rather wait until i jump to conclusions. Also judging by Activision's track record on licensed games i think it's safe to assume that it's their fault for such low quality product, I still wonder how the studio that made the excellent Ghostbusters: The video game also made the horrible The Walking Dead: Survivor Instinct, it had a lot of cool ideas but it was clearly rushed so they would get money from TWD fans as fast as possible, thank god i only borrowed a friend's copy, I bet that the new Transformers game will also be a failure. I think the only game that PlatinumGames made that was not licensed that was not that well received was Anarchy Reigns, i can't say much about it since i never played it, someday i will give it a try since I loved Madworld.

Not to mention, during the development of Bayonetta 2, Hashimoto praised Nintendo for letting they do what they wanted with the game but at the same time giving a lot of positive feedback that according to him improved the title, he said that he would love to work with them again, and now we know that his wish was granted.

One last thing, let's be honest it was Nintendo's fault for the failure of Other M, specifically Sakamoto, that guy should never be the director in the first place, everybody not only working on this project but Nintendo as whole said that hate to work with him, he was too stubborn to listen to what people had to say and nothing beside what he thinks it's right, and this for a director is a death sentence to the entire project. Team Ninja didn't like what they did to this game, specially what they did to Samus, the irony is astonishing, because they are the guys that made this:

I can't believe that was an actual commercial. I died.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion

jJust like how Miyamoto shouldn't have an active role in SF Wii U

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
WHY TRY TO PLEASE THEM?! THOSE IDIOTS ARE IMPOSSIBLE TO PLEASE!!
Because always the people who have something to complain voice their opinions more than those who have nothing to complain about.
Miyamoto probably thought it was a good reason to utilize as much nostalgia as possible to win the fans back to the series, while making it simple and easy for newcomers to join in. Plus miyamoto doesn't seem to understand completely that people love stories in video games and to learn more about characters we play as. Or he just hates the idea of stories in games, I don't know.
I'm sure he has heard the complaints about the story being a rehash, and that's why he keeps saying that this isn't supposed to replace older stories of star fox. I don't think he thought there was a fanbase for GC star fox games, because most of the comments what you hear about those games is that they are terrible and SF N64 is holy relic.
But I'm 100% sure about the nostalgia bating, the barrel roll line in the end of the trailer and other meme worthy lines still being re-used kinda prove it.

Edit: or he truly is an egotistical maniac who just loves the idea that he is the best and can do no wrong. (Not what I believe, but it's always an possibility).

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Because always the people who have something to complain voice their opinions more than those who have nothing to complain about.
Miyamoto probably thought it was a good reason to utilize as much nostalgia as possible to win the fans back to the series, while making it simple and easy for newcomers to join in. Plus miyamoto doesn't seem to understand completely that people love stories in video games and to learn more about characters we play as. Or he just hates the idea of stories in games, I don't know.
I'm sure he has heard the complaints about the story being a rehash, and that's why he keeps saying that this isn't supposed to replace older stories of star fox. I don't think he thought there was a fanbase for GC star fox games, because most of the comments what you hear about those games is that they are terrible and SF N64 is holy relic.
But I'm 100% sure about the nostalgia bating, the barrel roll line in the end of the trailer and other meme worthy lines still being re-used kinda prove it.

Edit: or he truly is an egotistical maniac who just loves the idea that he is the best and can do no wrong. (Not what I believe, but it's always an possibility).
Honestly, I really think that the latter could be true too, I mean Nintendo thinks that they can do no wrong based on their business strategies and them making the same mistakes over and over again. Miyamoto also openly insults other studios and developers

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
If anything, I think they're trying to play it safe, focus on parts of what made the series so memorable before in order to draw fans in again without alienating them too much. Problem is...they may be playing it too safe and focusing too much on the series' older games when Assault also had a fair number of fans. And now with this mixed-at-best reception, things aren't looking too good. Hopefully Platinum can pull a rabbit out of their collective hats with this one.

This kind of reminds me of how Fire Emblem Awakening played things safer in order to gain more widespread appeal. Then again, Awakening also had a stellar localization and legitimately good voice acting.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
If anything, I think they're trying to play it safe, focus on parts of what made the series so memorable before in order to draw fans in again without alienating them too much. Problem is...they may be playing it too safe and focusing too much on the series' older games when Assault also had a fair number of fans. And now with this mixed-at-best reception, things aren't looking too good. Hopefully Platinum can pull a rabbit out of their collective hats with this one.

This kind of reminds me of how Fire Emblem Awakening played things safer in order to gain more widespread appeal. Then again, Awakening also had a stellar localization and legitimately good voice acting.
That's Nintendo' biggest problem, they play it too safe, you need to be aggressive and move series foward, not regress them,

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
That's Nintendo' biggest problem, they play it too safe, you need to be aggressive and move series foward, not regress them,
That's just like how they're passive with 3rd-party developers; they think 3rd-[parties should come to them (and not vice-versa).

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
That's just like how they're passive with 3rd-party developers; they think 3rd-[parties should come to them (and not vice-versa).
Easier said than done, when many third party companies barely give them the time of day. Remember how so much of the Wii's third party content was rushed shovelware games because so many of them couldn't be bothered to see Nintendo as any more than a lesser entity to be taken advantage of?

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Easier said than done, when many third party companies barely give them the time of day. Remember how so much of the Wii's third party content was rushed shovelware games because so many of them couldn't be bothered to see Nintendo as any more than a lesser entity to be taken advantage of?
Well if Nintendo would actually make an effort to improve their standing with them, and take what MAJOR 3rd party developers like Bethesda or Rockstar want in a console into account, they wouldn't have that problem

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Well if Nintendo would actually make an effort to improve their standing with them, and take what MAJOR 3rd party developers like Bethesda or Rockstar want in a console into account, they wouldn't have that problem
But why try to appease these companies when many of them look down on Nintendo to begin with? Remember how much lesser support the Gamecube had despite having similar specs to the PS2 and original Xbox?

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
Ironic, considering Nintendo bullied 3rd-parties during their gaming monopoly.

But why try to appease these companies when many of them look down on Nintendo to begin with? Remember how much lesser support the Gamecube had despite having similar specs to the PS2 and original Xbox?
I think one of the reasons for that was using smaller discs than the standard ones, making it more of a hassle for other developers to port their games to the Cube. But like I said, Nintendo treated them poorly during the NES era.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Ironic, considering Nintendo bullied 3rd-parties during their gaming monopoly.

I think one of the reasons for that was using smaller discs than the standard ones, making it more of a hassle for other developers to port their games to the Cube. But like I said, Nintendo treated them poorly during the NES era.
Well Nintendo should try to heal those wounds with 3rd party developers and build bridges with them instead of their "We don't need them" attitude

Infimus

Smash Apprentice
Programming for the GC from what i know was not a challenge, the disc had nothing to do with that, Nintendo chose it so the load times would be better, and they succeeded, the Gamecube barely had loading screens compared to the PS2.

Last edited:

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
Programming for the GC from what i know was not a challenge, the disc had nothing to do with that, Nintendo chose it so the load times would be better, and they succeeded, the Gamecube barely had loading screens compared to the PS2.
Well then, I'm not sure of why else some 3rd-party developers skipped the GC other than how Ninty treated them during the 8-bit gen (then there's Yamauchi calling them "useless").

Infimus

Smash Apprentice
Well then, I'm not sure of why else some 3rd-party developers skipped the GC other than how Ninty treated them during the 8-bit gen (then there's Yamauchi calling them "useless").
Yamauchi was an aggressive beast, the problem with the GC is that at the start of it's lifecycle it had a lot of great partnerships that gave us great games, Resident Evil (Remake), Resident Evil 0, Phantasy Star, Tales of Symphonia, the list goes on.

The problem is that all of a sudden such partnerships just disappeared and new ones were not made, a great example of that is this:

One more thing, as long as they get money, they won't care with the past, if they see their future as full of money of course they will accept to work with them, those are companies after all.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Yamauchi was an aggressive beast, the problem with the GC is that at the start of it's lifecycle it had a lot of great partnerships that gave us great games, Resident Evil (Remake), Resident Evil 0, Phantasy Star, Tales of Symphonia, the list goes on.

The problem is that all of a sudden such partnerships just disappeared and new ones were not made, a great example of that is this:

One more thing, as long as they get money, they won't care with the past, if they see their future as full of money of course they will accept to work with them, those are companies after all.
Nintendo needs an aggressive CEO like Yamauchi, one that tries to compete

Infimus

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo needs an aggressive CEO like Yamauchi, one that tries to compete
Yes we need someone aggressive, only time will tell who's going to be the new CEO, I think Satoru Shibata would be a good pick, he may not have the same kind of knowledge as Iwata, but judging by what Europe gets in terms of localized games both from Nintendo and Thirds (in fact one of my favorite games of all time I only played because of NoE), promotions, rewards like free games and club nintendo prizes, and how he is always in commercials alongside celebrities in order to advertise games, he wouldn't be a bad choice.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Yes we need someone aggressive, only time will tell who's going to be the new CEO, I think Satoru Shibata would be a good pick, he may not have the same kind of knowledge as Iwata, but judging by what Europe gets in terms of localized games both from Nintendo and Thirds (in fact one of my favorite games of all time I only played because of NoE), promotions, rewards like free games and club nintendo prizes, and how he is always in commercials alongside celebrities in order to advertise games, he wouldn't be a bad choice.
Yes, Shibata would be a good choice, Iwata was too laid back, and the games kinda did suffer due to Nintendo not trying to compete, the SNES, N64, and GameCube had a higher ratio of good exclusives than the Iwata consoles

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Aggressive is the wrong way to look at it. We need someone assertive but welcoming, and above all else, smart. Someone who can recruit these other companies into lending their support not by appeasing them or kneeling before them but by winning them over with the prospect of mutual success. If Iwata's successor can do that while continuing his desire for making their games a blast to play, they'll be on their way to doing even better.

Infimus

Smash Apprentice
Aggressive is the wrong way to look at it. We need someone assertive but welcoming, and above all else, smart. Someone who can recruit these other companies into lending their support not by appeasing them or kneeling before them but by winning them over with the prospect of mutual success. If Iwata's successor can do that while continuing his desire for making their games a blast to play, they'll be on their way to doing even better.
I don't mean aggressive in a bad way, I mean someone that's always three steps ahead of the competition, moves mountains to achieve their goals, look for partnerships to make great projects come to life (I'm still waiting for that spiritual successor of Eternal Darkness), and most important you never know what to expect.

Being welcome is, of course, necessary, but at the same time it's important to have a strong conviction to prove that what you have is the best.

Whatever case is fine for me as long as we still have games that are a blast to play, because every time I feel that video games are getting boring and uninspired I come back to Nintendo.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I meant aggressive in the competitive sense

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
I agree. It's the only way for Nintendo to get back on their feet and win the 3rd party support again like how they had it in the past. I have to say, the Gamecube had a good, strong 3rd-party support back then which I still consider the Gamecube having a pretty good library in games. Besides I happen to have more Gamecube games than my collection of Wii, PS3 and Wii U titles put together. If Nintendo can make their next console which is the NX a traditional console and not using any gimmicks(which I wouldn't be surprised if the console had some gimmick to some extent since Nintendo themselves is about being innovative) at all, then I wouldn't be surprised that the 3rd-party companies would be interested in collaborating with Nintendo to make some of their titles for them and it wouldn't be much of a hassle for the developers. That's why I'm hoping that Iwata's successor tends to do that to not only follow well in Iwata's footsteps, but also who would listen to what the fans want but in a good surefire and aggressive way.

Last edited:

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo defenitely does have a bit of a bad attitude. They obviously always want to be the ones who innovate and create new stuff, while never wanting to do something that someone else is doing or has done in the past. But these days it seems when they try to innovate new ideas into gaming they just end up being gimmicks that in the end don't really offer anything, or are unnecessarely forced in to them.
Right now with star fox zero they are forcing the dual screen gameplay in order to innovate. It probably sounded great on paper, but it seems to have come in the way creating a proper game, for the sake of just "innovating".
Sure they have said that you don't have to use the gamepad to play it, but it can still affect the game negatively.
Not saying this will be the case, but just think about it. Lot of people who have played the demo of it, complained it being very hard to control the arwing and focus on shooting enemies at the same time. This can end up the game being designed to use the gamepad in the way that the game would be easier for you to shoot enemies and fly. Meaning that if you decided to play it with a regular controller, the game could be way too easy, because the levels and enemy placements would be designed so that using the gamepad wouldn't be too overwhelming.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Okay

So Star Fox Zero not only is a 2 hour game, but has no multiplayer?

On top of it looking like ass for an end-of-gen game (due to having to run on dual screens, which is now optional and with regular control settup the obvious way to go because trying to control the game in the way it was meant to be using gamepad gyro is a nightmare, making the entire gimmick absolutely pointless and a drag on a game that could have had potential.)

Oh dear. I think @ darklink34 darklink34 put it best, as in it sounded great on paper...

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Nintendo defenitely does have a bit of a bad attitude. They obviously always want to be the ones who innovate and create new stuff, while never wanting to do something that someone else is doing or has done in the past. But these days it seems when they try to innovate new ideas into gaming they just end up being gimmicks that in the end don't really offer anything, or are unnecessarely forced in to them.
Right now with star fox zero they are forcing the dual screen gameplay in order to innovate. It probably sounded great on paper, but it seems to have come in the way creating a proper game, for the sake of just "innovating".
Sure they have said that you don't have to use the gamepad to play it, but it can still affect the game negatively.
Not saying this will be the case, but just think about it. Lot of people who have played the demo of it, complained it being very hard to control the arwing and focus on shooting enemies at the same time. This can end up the game being designed to use the gamepad in the way that the game would be easier for you to shoot enemies and fly. Meaning that if you decided to play it with a regular controller, the game could be way too easy, because the levels and enemy placements would be designed so that using the gamepad wouldn't be too overwhelming.
You hit the nail on the head

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
I've gotten pretty far in progress with the Krystal Smashified pic but my PhotoShop is down for a few days due to a credit card mix up :/ I really wish other things in life would stop getting in the way of me finishing this pic sooner (like house showings). :L

Also, after I finish the pic, I'm thinking of doing a 1st party Smash Ballot Comic on miiverse in the smash community . I feel like it will get everyone's attention and I'll try to illustrate each character in a way that will make the fans of the character happy and everyone will see each characters moveset potential and stop being so quick to say "so and so doesn't deserve to be in smash" or "they would just be another clone"

here's a mini text wall of how the comic will begin xD

It starts with the main character Krystal who is in a dog fight with Wolf in the background of the Lylate stage. Wolf wins and jumps out his ship to land on stage with Fox and Falco. Krystal starts hurdling towards earth. she ejects out of her arwing and begins falling through the sky, for her cloud runner to come and catch her.
While she is flying in the air an airship comes up and shoots a Canon ball at her. She almost drops her staff but says" not this time!!" And catches it. (you can imagine it plays out like the beginning of Star fox adventures) except when she lands on the ship this time its not a cloudrunner that is locked up its Dixie kong. K.Roll comes from the ship much like general scales did (lol). king k roll calls her furrybait and begins harassing her about how he is the best candidate for smash and how she would just be a fox clone. Krystal tries reasoning with him but he doesnt listen. He then takes her staff through a minor struggle and gets her in a chokehold. Krystal thinks fast and with her legs free she kicks open the cage to free dixie. Dixie whips her hair at k roll which causes him to throw krystal off the ship. Dixe is frieghtend. Krystal comes back up on her cloudrunner and says a line that I have yet to think of xD Dixie cheers and footstool off of K Roll and hair glides onto Krystal's shoulders. K Roll cries out and tosses his crown to try to hit the escaping two but misses. His crown rotates back to him and he gives a unpleasant villainous look. Dixie ooks that he was on his way to attack sarasaland to try to capture another candidate from making the ballot. Krystal and Dixie set forth to save Princess Daisy.

that's how I'm thinking of illustrating the beginning xD as the story continue she runs into more smash ballot entries. I was thinking that Isaac just happens to be traveling through sarasaland so he'll be a major supporting character from the get go since he's another one of the most wanted newcomers x)

I also thought that later, Captain Toad and Toadette were in a jungle searching for treasure and They find a poke ball but Toad drops it. Incomes sceptile. Maybe he uses one someone is poke moves to run away from them into a cave. They follow him into there, where they find an ice Climber xD (just one because I don't see why nintendo took out both when they were originally just one to begin with in their original game. I know making them as two players is what makes them unique but I'm sure the ice climber fans would be content with just one ice climber since the 3ds can't handle both right?)

Anyways, the comic will be a lot better since this was more like a summary but I'm excited to start this! xD once my game pad is fixed .-.
Edit: I know that you may dislike k roll calling krystal furrybait but I'm doing that because later I'll have a character explain how ridiculous it is to call her that and yet not any other star fox character . Plus, I thought if I add all of the things that each character gets labeled so quickly, the fan of that character would feel for that character and others would understand how they sound and maybe have a change of mind of how they approach these kind of things . Like im gonna have Daisy be Called a annoying peach clone but she'll prove them wrong xD

Last edited:
Top Bottom