• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I've gotten pretty far in progress with the Krystal Smashified pic but my PhotoShop is down for a few days due to a credit card mix up :/ I really wish other things in life would stop getting in the way of me finishing this pic sooner (like house showings). :L

Also, after I finish the pic, I'm thinking of doing a 1st party Smash Ballot Comic on miiverse in the smash community . I feel like it will get everyone's attention and I'll try to illustrate each character in a way that will make the fans of the character happy and everyone will see each characters moveset potential and stop being so quick to say "so and so doesn't deserve to be in smash" or "they would just be another clone"

here's a mini text wall of how the comic will begin xD

It starts with the main character Krystal who is in a dog fight with Wolf in the background of the Lylate stage. Wolf wins and jumps out his ship to land on stage with Fox and Falco. Krystal starts hurdling towards earth. she ejects out of her arwing and begins falling through the sky, for her cloud runner to come and catch her.
While she is flying in the air an airship comes up and shoots a Canon ball at her. She almost drops her staff but says" not this time!!" And catches it. (you can imagine it plays out like the beginning of Star fox adventures) except when she lands on the ship this time its not a cloudrunner that is locked up its Dixie kong. K.Roll comes from the ship much like general scales did (lol). king k roll calls her furrybait and begins harassing her about how he is the best candidate for smash and how she would just be a fox clone. Krystal tries reasoning with him but he doesnt listen. He then takes her staff through a minor struggle and gets her in a chokehold. Krystal thinks fast and with her legs free she kicks open the cage to free dixie. Dixie whips her hair at k roll which causes him to throw krystal off the ship. Dixe is frieghtend. Krystal comes back up on her cloudrunner and says a line that I have yet to think of xD Dixie cheers and footstool off of K Roll and hair glides onto Krystal's shoulders. K Roll cries out and tosses his crown to try to hit the escaping two but misses. His crown rotates back to him and he gives a unpleasant villainous look. Dixie ooks that he was on his way to attack sarasaland to try to capture another candidate from making the ballot. Krystal and Dixie set forth to save Princess Daisy.

that's how I'm thinking of illustrating the beginning xD as the story continue she runs into more smash ballot entries. I was thinking that Isaac just happens to be traveling through sarasaland so he'll be a major supporting character from the get go since he's another one of the most wanted newcomers x)

I also thought that later, Captain Toad and Toadette were in a jungle searching for treasure and They find a poke ball but Toad drops it. Incomes sceptile. Maybe he uses one someone is poke moves to run away from them into a cave. They follow him into there, where they find an ice Climber xD (just one because I don't see why nintendo took out both when they were originally just one to begin with in their original game. I know making them as two players is what makes them unique but I'm sure the ice climber fans would be content with just one ice climber since the 3ds can't handle both right?)

Anyways, the comic will be a lot better since this was more like a summary but I'm excited to start this! xD once my game pad is fixed .-.
Can you add a few 3rd parties appear like Solid Snake?, You know what would be funny at the end if Shrek and Son Goku appear, and everyone beats the tar out of them

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
Can you add a few 3rd parties appear like Solid Snake?, You know what would be funny at the end if Shrek and Son Goku appear, and everyone beats the tar out of them
Honestly I REALLY don't want to add any 3rd parties in the comic other than Snake and maybe Banjo and Kazooie xD mostly because those two have ties with nintendo platforms so I feel like they have better reason to be in smash. X) plus I see those two requested the most out of the 3rd parties O.o

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Honestly I REALLY don't want to add any 3rd parties in the comic other than Snake and maybe Banjo and Kazooie xD mostly because those two have ties with nintendo platforms so I feel like they have better reason to be in smash. X) plus I see those two requested the most out of the 3rd parties O.o
Wouldn't it be funny to see those two impossible characters get the tar out of them by everyone

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
I don't wish to take part! D: I'm here for Krystal! *runs away and says in a distance * and Dixiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeee!! Dx
Hey dude, I know you from Miiverse. I made that Miiverse stage chant saying I'd pay money for Krystal DLC, enticing Nintendo with money. :bee:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Sorry, some idiot on YouTube made a post bashing Krystal and supporting Shrek
They're venting. I would let it roll off my shoulder. Krystal is a valid ballot option and viable Smash contender. The green ogre is neither and Shrek fans KNOW it. It's been all ogre for him since the beginning and if they can't see that... Well then they really are lost!

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
They're venting. I would let it roll off my shoulder. Krystal is a valid ballot option and viable Smash contender. The green ogre is neither and Shrek fans KNOW it. It's been all ogre for him since the beginning and if they can't see that... Well then they really are lost!
And the Son Goku supporters are in the same boat

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I don't think anyone supports them seriously. It's just a running gag.

Anyway, can we get back on topic?

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Alright , if Krystal appears in Smash as DLC, Could she be back in a future Star Fox title or return as a playable fighter for Smash NX?
Anything is possibe. One of the reasons why I do want her in smash is that it would give me hope that she would return in the future titles of star fox.

By the way, do you guys wish, if she is added to smash, that she would represent star fox adventures more or assault? Like what costume do you guys want her to have, her playstyle, even a map if it would be added along with her and other stuff that comes into mind?

I myself wish that her costume would be the assault one, because I want her to look like a star fox team member and to fit in with the others.
Her fighting should defenitely be created around her staff, with maybe one attack that would represent assault, or just have all the attacks use the staff in someway and have her final smash ti be something related to assault. I think It could be something like the sniper rifle someone suggested here, where she would whip out a sniper rifle and shoot straight accross the map just like zelda does with her bow. Simple but it gets the job done. As long as it isn't another freaking land master...
If there would be a map added as well then it should be based on sauria, with maybe dinosaurs as hazards, but nothing big, just as a small stage hazard, I hate it when the maps have too much going on and you can't fully focus on fighting. Looking at you orbital gate assault!

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Anything is possibe. One of the reasons why I do want her in smash is that it would give me hope that she would return in the future titles of star fox.

By the way, do you guys wish, if she is added to smash, that she would represent star fox adventures more or assault? Like what costume do you guys want her to have, her playstyle, even a map if it would be added along with her and other stuff that comes into mind?

I myself wish that her costume would be the assault one, because I want her to look like a star fox team member and to fit in with the others.
Her fighting should defenitely be created around her staff, with maybe one attack that would represent assault, or just have all the attacks use the staff in someway and have her final smash ti be something related to assault. I think It could be something like the sniper rifle someone suggested here, where she would whip out a sniper rifle and shoot straight accross the map just like zelda does with her bow. Simple but it gets the job done. As long as it isn't another freaking land master...
If there would be a map added as well then it should be based on sauria, with maybe dinosaurs as hazards, but nothing big, just as a small stage hazard, I hate it when the maps have too much going on and you can't fully focus on fighting. Looking at you orbital gate assault!
Why can't Krystal represent both games, using her staff from Adventures and grenades and other firearms from Assault, she'd get Krazoa Palace as a stage, and her Assault costume would be her primary attire, Her Adventures attire would be an alternate

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Why can't Krystal represent both games, using her staff from Adventures and grenades and other firearms from Assault, she'd get Krazoa Palace as a stage, and her Assault costume would be her primary attire, Her Adventures attire would be an alternate
Of course she can, I'm just curious to know peoples preferences. Like which costume would they like the most for her to have for example. It's a nice thought that she would have both, but I'm highly doubting that, because only few characters have alternative costumes to begin with. But who knows, I'm not the one who works on smash and everything is always possible. It sure would be awesome to have both though.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

You really want Krystal to have the same Final Smash that Zelda, Sheik, and Dark Pit have.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
You really want Krystal to have the same Final Smash that Zelda, Sheik, and Dark Pit have.
It was just a simple suggestion, as long as it isn't a land master I'm fine. I wouldn't care if she had the same final smash as donkey kong for some bizare reason.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
It was just a simple suggestion, as long as it isn't a land master I'm fine. I wouldn't care if she had the same final smash as donkey kong for some bizare reason.
Having the Land Master or having the same Final Smash as Dark Pit, Zelda, and Sheik. They are honestly equally as bad. I'd rather have her turn into ****ing Kursed than have any of those Final Smashes.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Having the Land Master or having the same Final Smash as Dark Pit, Zelda, and Sheik. They are honestly equally as bad. I'd rather have her turn into ****ing Kursed than have any of those Final Smashes.
Well what do you suggest then she would have? These are just ideas thrown around, if you have an idea for a final smash for her then do please tell. I didn't mean that it would have to be that kind of a final smash, just something that could represent SF assault.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Well what do you suggest then she would have? These are just ideas thrown around, if you have an idea for a final smash for her then do please tell. I didn't mean that it would have to be that kind of a final smash, just something that could represent SF assault.
Well its not like Star Fox Assault needs to be represent in FS form. Implement a few weapons from Assault in her regular moveset while mixing in the staff. She could use her bombs and stuff. As a Final Smash, I'd much rather prefer something like a Cloudrunner. Don't know what it'd do but its a Cloudrunner. Maybe she has it and she can rain down bombs from the Cloudrunner. That kind of feels similar to Diddy's FS though.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
I posted it before, but basically what Snake offered but in her way. Jumps onto the cloud runner, goes into third person mode, and shoots wherever the player aims.

1405096389.valtik_krystalsmash.jpg

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
Of course she can, I'm just curious to know peoples preferences. Like which costume would they like the most for her to have for example. It's a nice thought that she would have both, but I'm highly doubting that, because only few characters have alternative costumes to begin with. But who knows, I'm not the one who works on smash and everything is always possible. It sure would be awesome to have both though.
Well I'm iffy about her Adventures outfit, since changing her outfit from a tribal dress during her Dinosaur Planet incarnation to a mere bikini was unnecessary and doesn't seem to fit her character (at least Assault and Command fixed that). And I know that some of you would say that it isn't sexist or more-or-less fan-service-y than Shulk's trunks and ZSS's undergarments, but I suggest thinking about the circumstances (or the behind-the-scenes stuff) with that outfit being in her first appearance.

Last edited:

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Well its not like Star Fox Assault needs to be represent in FS form. Implement a few weapons from Assault in her regular moveset while mixing in the staff. She could use her bombs and stuff. As a Final Smash, I'd much rather prefer something like a Cloudrunner. Don't know what it'd do but its a Cloudrunner. Maybe she has it and she can rain down bombs from the Cloudrunner. That kind of feels similar to Diddy's FS though.
You're right that she doesn't need to, just my thoughts being shared while hoping to hear other peoples ideas and creating some discussion about her. We have been talking a bit of stuff that isn't necessarily related to smash or krystal, so I'm just trying to discuss what this thread is about. I myself would like her FS be more something related to assault, but it doesn't have to be of course. The cloudrunner isn't a bad idea at all, it has a lot of ways and possibilities to ve implementes as a FS for her.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I don't understand why everyone made this huge ****ing deal about how Zero Suit Samus has more revealing costumes in Smash. Seriously, ITS A ****ING TOP AND SHORTS. Plus it was in a Metroid game along with Shulk's swimming outfit. I don't think Krystal's Adventures outfit would be too bad to have.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine

For a costume, I want Sakurai and his team to have fun with it and give us a redesign of the Assault uni, while keeping the Adventure's one as an alternate. I also want a staff based playstyle. Sauria in some form is a must as a stage. I kinda wish Cerinia didn't go the way of Krypton, otherwise I would have wanted a stage from there.

I posted it before, but basically what Snake offered but in her way. Jumps onto the cloud runner, goes into third person mode, and shoots wherever the player aims.

View attachment 62933
SNAAAAAAAAAAAKE-KUUUUUUUUN!!! Cries. I like that FS. Any kind that transforms the match into a shooting gallery mini-game is A-OK in my book.

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand why everyone made this huge ****ing deal about how Zero Suit Samus has more revealing costumes in Smash. Seriously, ITS A ****ING TOP AND SHORTS. Plus it was in a Metroid game along with Shulk's swimming outfit. I don't think Krystal's Adventures outfit would be too bad to have.
Well I got no problems with her having a skimpy outfit; it's just the politics surrounding it (like I said) that I have concerns about; nothing more.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Friendly reminder that Sonic is naked.
Jigglypuff is also naked. I think there's a reason why they call her Jigglypuff.

But in all seriousness, Krystal has like realistic types of parts on humans that are implied to exist (she has breasts so she probably has a female reproductive organ [don't want to get in trouble here]). Sonic doesn't.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Friendly reminder that Sonic is naked.
This and that also that she does cover herself underneath there anyway. I'm pretty sure it's like this with almost all characters in tribal clothing. Also to be fair Palutena and ZSS' Alt is in the same position, so there's really no difference here.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
This and that also that she does cover herself underneath there anyway. I'm pretty sure it's like this with almost all characters in tribal clothing. Also to be fair Palutena and ZSS' Alt is in the same position, so there's really no difference here.
ZSS's alt isn't that revealing. It shows legs, arms, and belly. OMFG COVER THE CHILDREN'S EYES SHE'S A PORNSTAR! (has no one been to a beach before). Palutena is kind of revealing. I don't think there will be any problems with Krystal's Adventures costume though.

Last edited:

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
For Krystal's attire, if she does get in as Smash DLC, I feel that they would give her a new design for Smash just like how Fox, Falco, and Wolf don't look exactly like they do in any of the Star Fox games. Fox and Falco's designs are heavily inspired by their 64 incarnations and Wolf's is heavily inspired by his Assault look. I'd reckon Krystal would also have an inspired look based on her Assault and Command looks but I think she looks perfect in blue compared to pink.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
For Krystal's attire, if she does get in as Smash DLC, I feel that they would give her a new design for Smash just like how Fox, Falco, and Wolf don't look exactly like they do in any of the Star Fox games. Fox and Falco's designs are heavily inspired by their 64 incarnations and Wolf's is heavily inspired by his Assault look. I'd reckon Krystal would also have an inspired look based on her Assault and Command looks but I think she looks perfect in blue compared to pink.
True. I would actually like to see a bit of a new design for her. Not because there was something wrong with her old ones, but it would fun to see a new look on her. I do hope though that if they do give some kind of a makeover for her that it would be based on her assault attire. Like you said, blue fits her way better than pink. But I'd be more than happy if she just has her assault costume as it is.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07

View attachment 62933
Yeah, Krystal's FS for this to be reminiscent to Snake's FS is fine by me and it does provide some uniqueness for her FS and not be another Landmaster at all. Look at ZSS, they did reworked her FS big time and it's good. As for her uniform it should be like this one from this pic I posted a little while back as she is shown here

Add the staff there with that uniform and there you have it. I've actually been thinking that her Side B would be her pulling out the grenades from Assault and like Link's bombs, it won't hurt her unless the opponent throws/reflects it back at her while the bombs can stun the opponent. Her Neutral B will be her bringing out the Gatling Gun(Assault) and she can fire about 3 shots per round creating. Her Up B would consist of her staff doing the Rocket Boost and she can control the trajectory for her recovery. Finally her Down B would consist her of having a Counter move instead of a Reflector using her staff. The rest of her A button attacks including her Smash Attacks will consist of utilizing her staff. What do you guys think?

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Krystal's FS for this to be reminiscent to Snake's FS is fine by me and it does provide some uniqueness for her FS and not be another Landmaster at all. Look at ZSS, they did reworked her FS big time and it's good. As for her uniform it should be like this one from this pic I posted a little while back as she is shown here

Add the staff there with that uniform and there you have it. I've actually been thinking that her Side B would be her pulling out the grenades from Assault and like Link's bombs, it won't hurt her unless the opponent throws/reflects it back at her while the bombs can stun the opponent. Her Neutral B will be her bringing out the Gatling Gun(Assault) and she can fire about 3 shots per round creating. Her Up B would consist of her staff doing the Rocket Boost and she can control the trajectory for her recovery. Finally her Down B would consist her of having a Counter move instead of a Reflector using her staff. The rest of her A button attacks including her Smash Attacks will consist of utilizing her staff. What do you guys think?

Sounds great honestly. Adding that jacket on her would be just perfect to me.
I've always liked this design because it looks just perfectly enough of old and new. Though I would add her jewelry on her forehead, since she always has had that no matter what costume shes had.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

No counter for me since like half the roster has a counter (using counters are fun. Shulk's vision for the win). I'd rather have her use grenades as a neutral B since the other idea that I have for it, Fire Blaster, seems like it'd be too similar to Fox and Falco's blasters. Make the side B her Ice Blaster which basically works like it does in Adventures with a freezing affect. Up B would be Rocket Boost. Down B could be Ground Quake but I honestly think that's boring and maybe her Gatling Gun could replace it as a down B. Ground Quake could be a Down Smash or something.

Dark_Pit

Smash Cadet
Looking at the polls around here, do you guys think that the hatebase (that hates for no good reason mind you) will hold her back again?

I mean people at the fence might just say no because of them, its really annoying to go through and yet they turn around and say "you shouldnt hate other characters" hypocrites a bunch of em. Im just a little worried since thats whats holding her back, i mean if she had none she would be in by now and/or be top 3 for sure...

Last edited:
Top Bottom