• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I find it weird that Krystal is one of the only characters in Star Fox not to have a last name.

Fox McCloud
Falco Lombardi
Slippy Toad
Peppy Hare
Wolf O'Donnell
Leon Powalski
Panther Caruso
Pigma Dengar
Andrew Oikonny

SERIOUSLY WHY NO LAST NAME
Kind of hard to find your family records when your homeworld was destroyed. >_>

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
I find it weird that Krystal is one of the only characters in Star Fox not to have a last name.

Fox McCloud
Falco Lombardi
Slippy Toad
Peppy Hare
Wolf O'Donnell
Leon Powalski
Panther Caruso
Pigma Dengar
Andrew Oikonny

SERIOUSLY WHY NO LAST NAME
She's native to the planet Cerinia. Maybe they don't have last names by tradition/religion. Krystal is practically an alien with special powers to the rest of the Star Fox crew what with her telepathic powers and all (she can perfectly speak Dino probably due to her telepathy). You can also blame Star Fox Adventures originally being Dinosaur Planet where both Krystal and Sabre didn't have last names.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I have found two endings that I find suitable for Star Fox Command, therefore these endings are my canon in my Star Fox timeline.
The two endings are the Lucy and Krystal ending and the Dash Makes a Choice ending.
Kind of hard to find your family records when your homeworld was destroyed. >_>
Haven't played Stair Fax: Temperatures so I didn't know (I know the basic story).

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
I have found two endings that I find suitable for Star Fox Command, therefore these endings are my canon in my Star Fox timeline.
The two endings are the Lucy and Krystal ending and the Dash Makes a Choice ending.

Haven't played Stair Fax: Temperatures so I didn't know (I know the basic story).
From the endings from Command, it is said said that the main ending there was with Krystal rejoining the Starfox team to be with Fox and Amanda joins the team as well with her boyfriend Slippy.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Guys at least Nintendo is aware of her popularity, which is a good sign. Now our vote is more critical than ever. Seriously though Seriously, how many other popularly requested characters for Smash have their own website?

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Say, do we know how strong the Japanese side of Krystal support really is? because Smash Ballot is a global thing, and certain choices may be made to reward different regions. K.Rool is the likely global pick, but from what I've heard Krystal seems like the likely Japanese newcomer pick(though I could be mistaken)

Just a thought
Oh, I can answer you on this -- Out of 10+ Japanese articles regarding the famitsu news and the future of DLC (That's around 800 posts), I have seen ~10 people mentioning Krystal.

I did some research regarding Japanese community on DLCs partly due to how much impact the Famitsu column has done to the Wolf community (the Japanese remained certain for Wolf's chances tho) here, since I have to see about Wolf support in Japan to reassure our chances.

That above conclusion is made while looking for Wolf's impression, so I may have missed a few posts

But when talking about Star Fox, 90% people would care about Wolf before anything. I do see a few comments on Krystal, but they are mostly made in the form of "I want her in", instead of "her chances are good".

Or may I sum up the findings:
  • Japan community focuses much more on veterans, as we already know.
  • The community thinks that at least 3 more characters will be added, and at most 12.
  • Veterans wise, most comments points to Wolf, and occasionally some on Snake, but in the form of "I want him back", instead of "He has a chance".
  • Other character choice wise, the community thinks that it will be heavily based on the Western community, like how we think otherwise.
  • For 1st Party newcomers, they mostly agree King K Rool, Banjo Kazooie (for some reason is considered 1st party), and Paper Mario has a high chance.
  • For 3rd Party newcomers, most of them points to Arle. Also to note she seems to be extremely popular.
  • Some of them seems to hate on characters heavily supported in the Western community like King K Rool, Banjo Kazooie etc.
  • Krystal appears as "probable" on newcomer inspections, along with ones like Dixie Kong, Bandanna Waddle Dee.
  • Goku requests does appear, but with frequency same as Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton (only one of them seen)

I've yet too see any poll in the Japanese community tho, other than that one Sourcegaming did.

So yeah, I can't be too accurate on this, but there isn't TOO MUCH support for Krystal from where I've seen.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Well we need to be constantly active, if we are gonna get Krystal in Smash, I propose a mass vote where we all and the rest of the Krystal supporters simultaneously vote. Do you see the K Rool supporters getting quiet on their support threads?! NO!

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Well we need to be constantly active, if we are gonna get Krystal in Smash, I propose a mass vote where we all and the rest of the Krystal supporters simultaneously vote. Do you see the K Rool supporters getting quiet on their support threads?! NO!
Mind ya, this may backfire. We don't know if Nintendo checks and removes multiple votes from same IP.

Also, some random piece of Article regarding Krystal not being in SF0. None of them seem really aggressive about the case, nor did anyone actually disliked the game.
http://sumabura.blog.jp/archives/9399142.html

Tell me if you want translation :/

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Mind ya, this may backfire. We don't know if Nintendo checks and removes multiple votes from same IP.

Also, some random piece of Article regarding Krystal not being in SF0. None of them seem really aggressive about the case, nor did anyone actually disliked the game.
http://sumabura.blog.jp/archives/9399142.html

Tell me if you want translation :/
W
Okay new theory, ignore my suggestions

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Like what? How are we supposed to stay on topic at that rate?
Well we mostly talk about K Rool because its the K Rool thread, but other things pop up like other characters chances compared to him (which is literally just Wolf). I guess since K Rool is a very unique character with his different personas, we come up with new ideas for if he returns in DKCR3. Right now, the lastest conversation is what if Sakurai told you K Rool is in development, would you keep it a secret. I don't know, K Rool just seems easier to talk about than Krystal.

Logo12

Smash Lord
We always find stuff to talk about. That's basically all we do.
That's exactly what I am trying to do. I'm randomly bringing up Japanese forumy stuff to talk about.

Speaking of that article, now I tried to translate it myself, many of the posts are just about Krystal being a "Female furry rep", or "Wolf is a clone, Krystal will not be".... I lost hope with the community.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
That's exactly what I am trying to do. I'm randomly bringing up Japanese forumy stuff to talk about.

Speaking of that article, now I tried to translate it myself, many of the posts are just about Krystal being a "Female furry rep", or "Wolf is a clone, Krystal will not be".... I lost hope with the community.
Well one of those is true, Krystal won't be a clone or even a semi-clone (hopefully).

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Well one of those is true, Krystal won't be a clone or even a semi-clone (hopefully).
I do see one of those points appearing around the community too; to be honest the Japanese community isn't too different from us, both share some viewpoints on stuff, while supporting their local popular franchises (Arle for Japanese, Shovel Knight for here) etc.

Just have to state the point again, Krystal's potential clone status aside (anything is possible; Ganon was a CF clone, remember), Wolf, even counting the specials as similar, has only 6 out of 23 moves being similar. Which is far from the pattern found, for the definition of a clone, or a semi-clone.

Toomai's gonna be surprised by the increasing view count of his research.

Fun fact tho, "Semi-clone" doesn't exist in the Japanese's terms. The will only use "コンパチ" (Compatibility) to refer BOTH Semi-clones and clones. I don't know their definition of that, but apparently some still consider Wolf to be one.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Regardless, that still acts as if only one Star Fox character can make it. It seems that most of us here don't see why they couldn't both get in if they both had compelling cases.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Guys at least Nintendo is aware of her popularity, which is a good sign. Now our vote is more critical than ever. Seriously though Seriously, how many other popularly requested characters for Smash have their own website?
Not many. Besides, I was at a convention yesterday here in Miami, FL where I am from and there were several Krystal supporters like me who would like to see her in Smash 4's DLC. Even one girl I met who I talked to was wearing a Krystal theme pants from Adventures that was custom made and it was awesome. I even have a Starfox Adventures shirt that I got when I was a subscriber to the Nintendo Power magazines to show my support for her along with buying Command on the Wii U's eShop a few days ago to show my support. As I said before, there is a big Japanese audience like us who wants her to be in Smash 4's DLC. Remember, there was a poll from Japan not long ago this year that for the newcomers, King K. Rool and Krystal are among the most highly requested characters for DLC over there in Japan and it's no different here for us Americans. Because they have been like that since Brawl. And with a recent turn of events of Zero coming out later this year (we haven't seen her yet or she may not even appear in that game; but she will be in future entries after Zero) and Command being released on the eShop recently, this really boosted her chances by a tenfold everywhere. I consider this to be a blessing for us Krystal fans/supporters than the opposite. Let's continue to press forward and do everything to make sure that she finally makes it in.

Right now for me, there should be no reason for Sakurai to ignore this again . More importantly to finally consider Krystal to make the cut. At this moment now he should be aware of Miyamoto working on Starfox Zero and the release of Command recently on the eShop and combine that of her having a huge fanbase and being a popular character. Even he was impressed from her bring the most requested female character to be in Smash since Brawl and there are people from the majority who still want her in. Not many characters who has a huge fanbase like her has a website dedicated to that character. That's why we need to press forward to spread the word everywhere including in the Miiverse especially if anyone plays on the Miiverse stage to anyone who plays as Fox or Falco to show comments on the background of Fox or Falco with Krystal with them to join them in battle. With the Starfox series becoming a big deal this year and relevant, it's time that the SF roster deserves some more representatives to join Fox and Falco.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Not many. Besides, I was at a convention yesterday here in Miami, FL where I am from and there were several Krystal supporters like me who would like to see her in Smash 4's DLC. Even one girl I met who I talked to was wearing a Krystal theme pants from Adventures that was custom made and it was awesome. I even have a Starfox Adventures shirt that I got when I was a subscriber to the Nintendo Power magazines to show my support for her along with buying Command on the Wii U's eShop a few days ago to show my support. As I said before, there is a big Japanese audience like us who wants her to be in Smash 4's DLC. Remember, there was a poll from Japan not long ago this year that for the newcomers, King K. Rool and Krystal are among the most highly requested characters for DLC over there in Japan and it's no different here for us Americans. Because they have been like that since Brawl. And with a recent turn of events of Zero coming out later this year (we haven't seen her yet or she may not even appear in that game and be in future entries after Zero) and Command being released on the eShop recently, this really boosted her chances by a tenfold everywhere. I consider this to be a blessing for us Krystal fans/supporters than the opposite. Let's continue to press forward and do everything to make sure that she finally makes it in. Right now for me, there should be no reason for Sakurai to ignore this again and consider Krystal to make the cut. Even he was impressed from her bring the most requested female character to be in Smash since Brawl and there are people from the majority who still want her in. Not many characters who has a huge fanbase like her has a website dedicated to that character. That's why we need to press forward to spread the word everywhere including in the Miiverse especially if anyone plays on the Miiverse stage to anyone who plays as Fox or Falco to show comments on the background of Fox or Falco with Krystal with them to join them in battle. With the Starfox series becoming a big deal this year and relevant, it's time that the SF roster deserves some more representatives to join Fox and Falco.

That convention was Florida Supercon wasn't it?,You forget that I live in South Florida as well, (Go Marlins)

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
That convention was Florida Supercon wasn't it?,You forget that I live in South Florida as well, (Go Marlins)
I'm aware and yes it was Florida Supercon. It would have been cool to meet you in person. I was wearing the Starfox Adventures shirt at the convention. I even got to meet the voice actor Charles Martinet(voice of Mario and Luigi) and Roger Craig Smith (voice of Sonic, Chris Redfield and Captain America). So yeah I met a couple of Krystal fans/supporters over there.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I'm aware and yes it was Florida Supercon. It would have been cool to meet you in person. I was wearing the Starfox Adventures shirt at the convention. I even got to meet the voice actor Charles Martinet(voice of Mario and Luigi) and Roger Craig Smith (voice of Sonic, Chris Redfield and Captain America). So yeah I met a couple of Krystal fans/supporters over there.

I know it would've been cool, but times are tough for my family. But I don't live in Miami, I live in Fort Lauderdale, though I do go into Miami for Marlins games, who knows maybe next year I'll go to Florida Supercon with a few of my buds from high school

Last edited:

Infimus

Smash Apprentice
On how it’s not a remake of the original…

– Won’t have a “more expansive story”
– The game will be a “pure adventure where [Fox McCloud] and company can explore these new planets. And all of the planets, in terms of the names, will be places you’ve seen before. But what happens there and unfolds there will be completely different.”

“The way the action of the game unfolds is kind of what drives the stories in Star Fox. Because the action will unfold in very different ways in this game thanks to the different controls, the story will unfold in a different way too.” – Hayashi

On how the game is really a parallel story to that original game…

“I guess the way to think of it is that we’re using the same setting and world as [Star Fox] 64, but we think of this as a parallel dimension of kind of version of what happened. That’s why the game is called Zero.” – Hashimoto

Source:http://nintendoeverything.com/star-...ibo-not-a-remake-gamepad-importance-and-more/
Star Fox Zero is not a reboot after all.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
But the fact that it's being acknowledged in such a big way is further proof to the less informed folks that Zero isn't a reboot.
"I guess the way to think of it is that we're using the same setting and world as [Star Fox] 64, but we think of this as a parallel dimension of kind of version of what happened," he said. "That's why the game is called Zero."

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/29/8853057/star-fox-zero-interview

So it's literally a parallel universe to Star Fox 64... :/

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
"I guess the way to think of it is that we're using the same setting and world as [Star Fox] 64, but we think of this as a parallel dimension of kind of version of what happened," he said. "That's why the game is called Zero."

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/29/8853057/star-fox-zero-interview

So it's literally a parallel universe to Star Fox 64... :/
When is this franchise gonna chill out with it's alternate universes and reboots and drastic changes in gameplay. Establish something and stick with it, I know this is nintendo, but this is nintendo to the extremes

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
At least it's not like :4sonic:. Those games change gameplay and styles every other installment.. XD. It's not a surprise their fanbase is so torn.

Actually, that is a good reason why Nintendo should definitely be careful with the gameplay style jumping in a franchise. If you do it too often, you can tear your fanbase into sectors.. which can be bad... lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom