• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Infimus

Smash Apprentice
When is this franchise gonna chill out with it's alternate universes and reboots and drastic changes in gameplay. Establish something and stick with it, I know this is nintendo, but this is nintendo to the extremes
I love this series since i was 4 years old, but i have to ask since when they didn't do that? Between 1997 and 2006 we had four games with completely different gameplay styles, the only thing that was consistent was the timeline that stopped after Command, and since Zero won't affect it in anyway we still don't know what will happen next, we don't even know if Command is canon even if it's which of the terrible endings is canon?

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
In other Nintendo news, Miyamoto admitted the Wii U GamePad was a bad idea, if the NX is a traditional console, it will probably have a traditional controller

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
...Huh? Can you provide context for that?
Miyamoto admitted the WiiU didnt sell all that well and that he's no longer in charge of hardware development. This is probably good because while the Gamepad did help in getting DS games on the virtual console, it was far too gimmicky for what it is. I'm still confused to why they didn't just put DS games on the 3DS market, I know you can still find em, but I mean it's odd to have it on a console where it kinda doesnt belong.

Speaking of VC, i'd like to see GC games, not only would i'd like to see Adventures and Assault, but there's a few other games I never got my hands on.

Not many. Besides, I was at a convention yesterday here in Miami, FL where I am from and there were several Krystal supporters like me who would like to see her in Smash 4's DLC. Even one girl I met who I talked to was wearing a Krystal theme pants from Adventures that was custom made and it was awesome. I even have a Starfox Adventures shirt that I got when I was a subscriber to the Nintendo Power magazines to show my support for her along with buying Command on the Wii U's eShop a few days ago to show my support. As I said before, there is a big Japanese audience like us who wants her to be in Smash 4's DLC. Remember, there was a poll from Japan not long ago this year that for the newcomers, King K. Rool and Krystal are among the most highly requested characters for DLC over there in Japan and it's no different here for us Americans. Because they have been like that since Brawl. And with a recent turn of events of Zero coming out later this year (we haven't seen her yet or she may not even appear in that game; but she will be in future entries after Zero) and Command being released on the eShop recently, this really boosted her chances by a tenfold everywhere. I consider this to be a blessing for us Krystal fans/supporters than the opposite. Let's continue to press forward and do everything to make sure that she finally makes it in.

Right now for me, there should be no reason for Sakurai to ignore this again . More importantly to finally consider Krystal to make the cut. At this moment now he should be aware of Miyamoto working on Starfox Zero and the release of Command recently on the eShop and combine that of her having a huge fanbase and being a popular character. Even he was impressed from her bring the most requested female character to be in Smash since Brawl and there are people from the majority who still want her in. Not many characters who has a huge fanbase like her has a website dedicated to that character. That's why we need to press forward to spread the word everywhere including in the Miiverse especially if anyone plays on the Miiverse stage to anyone who plays as Fox or Falco to show comments on the background of Fox or Falco with Krystal with them to join them in battle. With the Starfox series becoming a big deal this year and relevant, it's time that the SF roster deserves some more representatives to join Fox and Falco.

Krystal theme pants?

Last edited:

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Miyamoto admitted the WiiU didnt sell all that well and that he's no longer in charge of hardware development. This is probably good because while the Gamepad did help in getting DS games on the virtual console, it was far too gimmicky for what it is. I'm still confused to why they didn't just put DS games on the 3DS market, I know you can still find em, but I mean it's odd to have it on a console where it kinda doesnt belong.

Speaking of VC, i'd like to see GC games, not only would i'd like to see Adventures and Assault, but there's a few other games I never got my hands on.

Krystal theme pants?
Agreed. Nintendo said in the past that they were planning to bring GameCube games onto the eShop and we still have yet to see it. Wonder what's taking them so long on it. Technically we do have some GameCube games on the Wii U with Metroid Prime 1 and 2 as part of the Prime trilogy.

To answer, your question about the Krystal theme pants, yes that was it. It was custom made and the design was based on her tribal loincloth and her blue fur from Adventures. How cool is that?

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
So guys, I'm making a moveset for Goku (from Yuyuki) that involves his staff and some kung fu. Since Krystal will use her staff for her basic attacks, I'm trying to make it different from each other but its super hard. Goku will use more of a shaolin/bo style while I guess Krystal just swings her staff around.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So guys, I'm making a moveset for Goku (from Yuyuki) that involves his staff and some kung fu. Since Krystal will use her staff for her basic attacks, I'm trying to make it different from each other but its super hard. Goku will use more of a shaolin/bo style while I guess Krystal just swings her staff around.
A lot of Krystal's A attacks could come straight from Adventures, couldn't they?

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
I'm aware and yes it was Florida Supercon. It would have been cool to meet you in person. I was wearing the Starfox Adventures shirt at the convention. I even got to meet the voice actor Charles Martinet(voice of Mario and Luigi) and Roger Craig Smith (voice of Sonic, Chris Redfield and Captain America). So yeah I met a couple of Krystal fans/supporters over there.

Speaking of, I saw someone at a con a few days ago with a large sign asking for Krystals support.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Speaking of, I saw someone at a con a few days ago with a large sign asking for Krystals support.
Thank goodness for fans like this. When I voted for Krystal, I wrote up the best 500 word case I could. All that's left is to remind other Krystal supporters to participate. By the 10th vote, I think the readers at Nintendo will have heard pretty much all the major arguments for a character. Beyond that point, I think they're looking for sheer numbers, so not everyone needs to cram an essay in a nutshell.

The Smashified thing could also serve as a boost. I heard Krystal and Daisy fans were blowing up this twitter account non-stop. Don't know how much of a factor volume plays there, but I suppose submitting one more request on top of a million couldn't hurt. :p

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
That's great to hear. All the better to have more support for her.

Thank goodness for fans like this. When I voted for Krystal, I wrote up the best 500 word case I could. All that's left is to remind other Krystal supporters to participate. By the 10th vote, I think the readers at Nintendo will have heard pretty much all the major arguments for a character. Beyond that point, I think they're looking for sheer numbers, so not everyone needs to cram an essay in a nutshell.

The Smashified thing could also serve as a boost. I heard Krystal and Daisy fans were blowing up this twitter account non-stop. Don't know how much of a factor volume plays there, but I suppose submitting one more request on top of a million couldn't hurt. :p
I dont know if anyone took pics of the individual, but i'll see if I can find any

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Funny thing is, based on the clues they've given, Krystal might just be next. They've said their next character "wears boots" and "isn't a silent protagonist". While Isaac does talk in The Lost Age and Dark Dawn, he isn't the main protagonist in either.

So it seems like Krystal is the most likely of the frontrunners for this one. Of course, it doesn't rule out someone like Wonder Red or Bayonetta, and Smashified is known for favoring lesser known characters or flavors of the month...

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Funny thing is, based on the clues they've given, Krystal might just be next. They've said their next character "wears boots" and "isn't a silent protagonist". While Isaac does talk in The Lost Age and Dark Dawn, he isn't the main protagonist in either.

So it seems like Krystal is the most likely of the frontrunners for this one. Of course, it doesn't rule out someone like Wonder Red or Bayonetta, and Smashified is known for favoring lesser known characters or flavors of the month...
There was also a hint about Goku hair and Isaac's file in Travis's video, if its not Isaac then its some third party character (probs Cloud if anyone).

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Except Banjo-Kazooie
Some argue that Phil Spencers twitter post means anything, but I seriously doubt it as Nintendo hopefully knows it'd come off as blatant advertising on their end. Rare also doesnt want anything to do with Banjo or the others now that they inadvertently confirmed their death with the Rare collection, on top of the president of Rare saying they'll never remake any if the old games with even the majority of the staff of Rare leaving and becoming Playtonic Games.

This is why I say it's a good thing Krystal and everyone from Adventures ended up becoming Nintendos property, because at least they're still alive unlike the others. Diddy, K Rool, and the others are still around too, and believe it or not there was a panic amongst the gaming community about Microsoft getting Donkey Kong when they bought Rare.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Some argue that Phil Spencers twitter post means anything, but I seriously doubt it as Nintendo hopefully knows it'd come off as blatant advertising on their end. Rare also doesnt want anything to do with Banjo or the others now that they inadvertently confirmed their death with the Rare collection, on top of the president of Rare saying they'll never remake any if the old games with even the majority of the staff of Rare leaving and becoming Playtonic Games.

This is why I say it's a good thing Krystal and everyone from Adventures ended up becoming Nintendos property, because at least they're still alive unlike the others. Diddy, K Rool, and the others are still around too, and believe it or not there was a panic amongst the gaming community about Microsoft getting Donkey Kong when they bought Rare.
Then again, that was the gaming community in 2002.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Well I can tell you the characters that I think we won't get in the ballot:
Chrom: Too much of a clone, and FE has enough characters
Knuckles/Tails: The rule states only one rep per 3rd party series, sorry but that rep is Sonic, the only chance those two have of getting into Smash is if Nintendo buys Sega
Ice Climbers: Tech limitations
Pichu: Arguably the least liked character in Smash history, no one outside of Japan liked him
Daisy: Peach clone and a vocal minority fanbase
Black Shadow: F-Zero isn't a particularly popular IP, and he isn't that highly requested .
Sora: Disney licensing would be a pain, plus they can't have major characters due to the "originated in a video game" clause
Banjo-Kazooie: Nintendo wouldn't want to promote one of their rivals
Shantae: Capcom already has Mega Man and Ryu, Smash is supposed to be mainly about Nintendo characters, (no more than 5 3rd parties)
Veterans we might get back:
Snake: Very popular but Konami might want too much for licensing.
Veterans we will get back:
Wolf: SFZ is on the way, would make too much sense to not include him
Newcomers we likely will get:
K Rool
Paper Mario
Inkling
Krystal
Issac

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Knuckles/Tails: The rule states only one rep per 3rd party series, sorry but that rep is Sonic, the only chance those two have of getting into Smash is if Nintendo buys Sega
Pichu: Arguably the least liked character in Smash history, no one outside of Japan liked him
Black Shadow: F-Zero isn't a particularly popular IP, and he isn't that highly requested .
Sora: Disney licensing would be a pain, plus they can't have major characters due to the "originated in a video game" clause
Shantae: Capcom already has Mega Man and Ryu, Smash is supposed to be mainly about Nintendo characters, (no more than 5 3rd parties)
K Rool
Paper Mario
Inkling
Krystal
Issac
There is no rule that states only one rep per 3rd party series. That rule is fanmade.
The can fix the Ice Climbers.
Shantae isn't from Capcom, she's from Wayforward.
Its not that Konami might want too much for licensing Snake, the only reason why Snake was in Brawl was because of Kojima. Kojima is not in the company any more and Konami is pretty stupid right now.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
There is no rule that states only one rep per 3rd party series. That rule is fanmade.
The can fix the Ice Climbers.
Shantae isn't from Capcom, she's from Wayforward.
Its not that Konami might want too much for licensing Snake, the only reason why Snake was in Brawl was because of Kojima. Kojima is not in the company any more and Konami is pretty stupid right now.
But either way the Smash series should primarily be Nintendo based, okay but my reasoning for the other characters are pretty spot on. I meant that the 3DS couldn't handle the Ice Climbers

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
K Rool
Paper Mario
Inkling
Krystal
Issac
Knuckles/Tails: Since Ryu appeared, it'd have to not be Sonic related.
Ice Climbers: Unless they gimp em down to one climber, it wont happen
Sora: Sora is a video game character and there's a rumor going around about Nintendo doing a partnership with Disney
Shantae: Capcom doesnt own Shantae, they merely published the original game. That'd be like saying they own the Zelda Oracle games because they developed em. I am opposed to her only because her inclusion, being indie, would be catastrophic in future installments
Snake: Highly unlikely at this point after what Konami did to themselves and their consumers, this applies to everyone else on Konamis end
K Rool: Seems to be getting support. Hear both he and Krystal are heavily requested on their ends
Paper Mario: Mario has enough reps
Inkling: Kinda doubt this due to the Gunner being exactly that
Krystal: Heavily requested since Brawl
Issac: His trophy is missing and he was heavily as requested as Krystal and Wolf

Last edited:

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Shantae is actually one of the few third parties I could see getting in at this point, as she is essentially the original Nindie character, and has a super strong and decently long history with Nintendo

But hey this isn't the place to talk about that, lets focus on Krystal

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
But either way the Smash series should primarily be Nintendo based, okay but my reasoning for the other characters are pretty spot on. I meant that the 3DS couldn't handle the Ice Climbers
Yes it should be. I'm pretty sure they can fix the Ice Climbers on the 3DS and not just make it only one Climber. Make it so they never separate and give them one hitbox and its done.

Infimus

Smash Apprentice
I think we can all agree that Krystal is a likely newcomer, but isn't it weird that Wolf still didn't show up? It wouldn't be a problem to put him back, he is a popular character, his moveset it's already made, and from what i know he is Sakurai's favorite Star Fox character, after Roy and Ryu, a double reveal doesn't look so implausible.

Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
I think we can all agree that Krystal is a likely newcomer, but isn't it weird that Wolf still didn't show up? It wouldn't be a problem to put him back, he is a popular character, his moveset it's already made, and from what i know he is Sakurai's favorite Star Fox character, after Roy and Ryu, a double reveal doesn't look so implausible.
Nobody exactly knew until the hacker mentioned it that Ryu and Roy were going to be released alongside Lucas. Everyone thought it was going to be just him when he was announced.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I wouldn't be surprised, they've streamlined the process by now, and they've probably had others in the starting phases when the others started, and they are definitely working on more now. I think part of the reason they've been silent about what's coming next is because they aren't rushing it, which means they can get it down quickly with less pressure. I expect we will get the next announcement before the end of the ballot, and possibly one being inspired by the ballot, now I'm putting my odds on K.Rool, however I could see Wolf and Krystal as a one-two punch in time for Star Fox Zero's release, perhaps as a freebee for buying it like Mewtwo was for both versions of Smash, but that's my conjecture

Infimus

Smash Apprentice
Nobody exactly knew until the hacker mentioned it that Ryu and Roy were going to be released alongside Lucas. Everyone thought it was going to be just him when he was announced.
That's my point, if it wasn't for the hacker, most of us would have thought that the direct was just a fancy way to show Lucas, the miiverse stage, and maybe announce one new character or stage, the end result was something that nobody expected, three DLC characters and stages, new clothes for Miis, available immediately after the presentation. By now, nothing is implausible.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
I still think we'll be waiting until post-Ballot for Krystal, but I don't think it's out of the question we'll see Wolf and another character (hopefully Delphox) announced in August or so. There're still two placeholders unaccounted for, and it may be that those are for the characters they already had planned.

Top Bottom