• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
If Krystal is voted in the ballot, and we get her in Smash, people could realize how awesome of a character she is, and therefore want her back in Future Star Fox titles

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I think a lot of people associate Krystal with the Furry fandom and "bad" Star Fox games. Which is why people hate her.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I think a lot of people associate Krystal with the Furry fandom and "bad" Star Fox games. Which is why people hate her.
Well what could happen if she's in Smash is that she gets an awesome moveset, which would make people stop scapegoating her as a character and realize they were wrong

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
How do I put this, the hate is due to the speculation that Fox was gay for Falco was blown right out, and that Peppy grew old and stepped down from the team, having her take his place. Despite that, he still helps the team as what would be the commanding officer, which eventually leads to him becoming the general of the Cornerian army. Some even use the argument that she wasnt even part of the series, which while is true, is still the case that she is now, rather have her be alive than be as dead as everyone else Rare created. Krystal and the dinos, Diddy and crew, even K Rool and his gang are the only ones left, and it's best that they get as much love as possible now since Rare died after the collection was shown, and that the president or Rare will not do anything about em, and also that the original staff left and became Playtonic.

Thing is, the hate is realistically small, very small at that. Everyone else who loves or is neutral doesnt say much on her either, it's literally a minority. Ironically while the gay theory was deconfirmed, people still do this, and they took it as far with Wolf because of a scene that happens in Assault, and the best part about this is some of these people use the cheap excuse that it's bromance when it's really just them hiding that they're going at it as they say against those who love krystal.

It's seriously messed up, and right now you got those who loved the sequels telling those who only liked 64 that they'll have only themselves to blame if Zero ends up being a flop.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
How do I put this, the hate is due to the speculation that Fox was gay for Falco was blown right out, and that Peppy grew old and stepped down from the team, having her take his place. Despite that, he still helps the team as what would be the commanding officer, which eventually leads to him becoming the general of the Cornerian army. Some even use the argument that she wasnt even part of the series, which while is true, is still the case that she is now, rather have her be alive than be as dead as everyone else Rare created. Krystal and the dinos, Diddy and crew, even K Rool and his gang are the only ones left, and it's best that they get as much love as possible now since Rare died after the collection was shown, and that the president or Rare will not do anything about em, and also that the original staff left and became Playtonic.

Thing is, the hate is realistically small, very small at that. Everyone else who loves or is neutral doesnt say much on her either, it's literally a minority. Ironically while the gay theory was deconfirmed, people still do this, and they took it as far with Wolf because of a scene that happens in Assault, and the best part about this is some of these people use the cheap excuse that it's bromance when it's really just them hiding that they're going at it as they say against those who love krystal.

It's seriously messed up, and right now you got those who loved the sequels telling those who only liked 64 that they'll have only themselves to blame if Zero ends up being a flop.
When I see people on the internet who don't like Krystal, it is usually those two things, not because it decomfirms Fox is gay.. Along with the fact that they hate having a love interest in Star Fox.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Well what could happen if she's in Smash is that she gets an awesome moveset, which would make people stop scapegoating her as a character and realize they were wrong
Kinda happening with Roy. Despite the idea of "yet another Fire Emblem and Marth clone" still being present and probably never leaving. The fact that Roy got a great rework on his looks and some moves got different animations. And that gameplay-wise he is quite fun and strong on its own too is making his return well received by most. Pretty sure Sakurai thought "If we are adding Roy back in the game, we are gonna make it right".

Krystal would get the "I cant believe Nintendo is pleasing those furries adding Hairy Bluetits to the game". But a solid moveset can make people forget about that quickly. Now the problem is convincing people before she gets in the game.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
If you ask me, our bigger problem is everyone who thinks she's a direct competitor to Wolf. But how do we get them to realize the dev team won't restrict DLC to one character per series when such a significant number of them assume it's true?

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
If you ask me, our bigger problem is everyone who thinks she's a direct competitor to Wolf. But how do we get them to realize the dev team won't restrict DLC to one character per series when such a significant number of them assume it's true?
The problem is nothing proves OR refutes that point so I think people are playing it safe by assuming that the Dev team will make it fair by limiting 1 DLC character per series.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
The problem is nothing proves OR refutes that point so I think people are playing it safe by assuming that the Dev team will make it fair by limiting 1 DLC character per series.
That seems to be the prevailing thought, at least. Thing is, they haven't followed that rule with the newcomers in any game so far, and just recently we got two fully unique Mario newcomers! From what we know right now, it seems more likely they're looking for compelling characters first and foremost, with spreading out representation taking a back seat to that.

Although it usually gets brought up when someone's afraid of a character they like losing out to a second character from a different series. Seems misguided, especially if DLC ends up as extensive as it's looking to be so far.

Or unless you're talking Donkey Kong, because apparently to them it's okay if both K. Rool and Dixie get in, but Naga forbid two Star Fox or Pokémon characters...

Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
This, only because there has been an addition character each game.

Edit - I noticed this while lurking around, seems to make some sense unlike some people that assume things.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Simple get Wolf in first then you'll get all the Starfox fans to unite for Krystal.

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
jahkzheng: I wonder where the idea of Krystal's age was actually stated and if it's truly canon.

I could've promised her age was said in the Star Fox Assault manual but appearently not cause I can't find it. :c

My thoughts on Star Fox Zero-
Just like most of you, I was disappointed (mostly over Krystal not being mentioned) but also because I was worried it'd be just like 64 and yet it is. Plus I REALLY dislike slippy's voice being the original and I'm certainly not looking forward to Wolf's original voice as I said before. I like their Assault voices it suited them WAY better. :/ BUT, I might get it.. I want to see more of it before completely deciding. I wanted a new star fox game for so long so I want to get just for that reason.. but if the game doesn't have a good multiplayer, a short unsatisfying story and the only new thing is the transforming arwing then I'm not sold cause I only liked Star Fox for Krystal, On Foot mode, fun customizable multiplayer and Fox specifically in that order xD And none of my friends are going to want to play as Peppy or Slippy if there is multiplayer.. :l

About Krystal smash art-
Sorry for taking so long, I'm working on multiple projects at once. :c But once the new Art Academy is available, I'll post some Krystal art there and I'll do some art of her in the Fox section Miiverse stage as well. There's quite a bit of support for her there and I can't wait to cheer up the Krystal fans. Even though Zero discouraged me, I'm still going to draw my 2nd favorite Nintendo character any chance I can. ^-^I'm too busy this week but hopefully next week it'll be complete. :)

p.s. Appreantly one of my Star Fox fan art won number 4 in a game informer magazine on page 9 of Issue 253, May 2014 :D without my acknowledgement though. -_-
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=aw2688&s=8#.VYlIwO9LjVg
I called it "Fox wants Krystal in Smash more than ever" but they totally put something different xD!! I've shared it here before when I 1st joined smashboards. x) WHY THEY NEVER TELL ME MY DRAWING WAS FEATURED?! >:@ Now I have to find and order that issue of game informer. xc

Anyways,This must mean I have to do more Star Fox fan Art featuring Krystal to send to game informer to show that there's not only furries like her and to get active on Miiverse again. :3

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
jahkzheng: I wonder where the idea of Krystal's age was actually stated and if it's truly canon.

I could've promised her age was said in the Star Fox Assault manual but appearently not cause I can't find it. :c

Just like most of you, I was disappointed (mostly over Krystal not being mentioned) but also because I was worried it'd be just like 64 and yet it is. Plus I REALLY dislike slippy's voice being the original and I'm certainly not looking forward to Wolf's original voice as I said before. I like their Assault voices it suited them WAY better. :/ BUT, I might get it.. I want to see more of it before completely deciding. I wanted a new star fox game for so long so I want to get just for that reason.. but if the game doesn't have a good multiplayer, a short unsatisfying story and the only new thing is the transforming arwing then I'm not sold cause I only liked Star Fox for Krystal, On Foot mode, fun customizable multiplayer and Fox specifically in that order xD And none of my friends are going to want to play as Peppy or Slippy if there is multiplayer.. :l

About Krystal smash art-
Sorry for taking so long, I'm working on multiple projects at once. :c But once the new Art Academy is available, I'll post some Krystal art there and I'll do some art of her in the Fox section Miiverse stage as well. There's quite a bit of support for her there and I can't wait to cheer up the Krystal fans. Even though Zero discouraged me, I'm still going to draw my 2nd favorite Nintendo character any chance I can. ^-^I'm too busy this week but hopefully next week it'll be complete. :)

p.s. Appreantly one of my Star Fox fan art won number 4 in a game informer magazine on page 9 of Issue 253, May 2014 :D without my acknowledgement though. -_-
I called it "Fox wants Krystal in Smash more than ever" but they totally put something different xD!! I've shared it here before when I 1st joined smashboards. x) WHY THEY NEVER TELL ME MY DRAWING WAS FEATURED?! >:@ Now I have to find and order that issue of game informer. xc

Anyways,This must mean I have to do more Star Fox fan Art featuring Krystal to send to game informer to show that there's not only furries like her and to get active on Miiverse again. :3
Look, man. I understand your disappointment there since we didn't see Krystal in the Starfox Zero trailer. Yeah it was unfortunate and I was disappointed like you. Don't get me wrong. I love Krystal and she is one of my favorite characters in the series which I believe she was a welcome addition to the franchise. But look on the bright side here. We're finally getting a new Starfox game after 9 years and that is something. Better than not having a new game in the series at all. I am really excited for SF Zero and already preordered it. Besides, even with the reveal of SF Zero, this doesn't hurt Krystal and Wolf's chances at all to be in Smash 4 for DLC. With the Starfox series becoming relevant again this year, there is no reason for Sakurai to not include them and this does increase the chances for them to be in Smash 4 especially our blue vixen there. That's why let's not lose our focus here and stay optmistic to the fact to have Krystal make the cut this time around from the Smash ballot and that's what matters. After all, she is high up for being the most requested DLC character alongside with K. Rool and they deserve the treatment that they need.

Another important thing here is that Starfox Command is coming out on the Wii U's eShop this Thursday and I find that interesting. It also shows that Nintendo is not retconning any of the SF entries after 64 after all and they are not doing it anytime soon. Besides, SF Zero is more of a reimagining after all. I can even see Krystal reimagined here in Zero. After all, since Platinum Games is working on it with Nintendo, they have a strong feeling towards female characters and I could see them work their magic here for this game. For Zero, being a reimagining, It's like that game DMC(Devil May Cry) which is a reimagining of the Devil May Cry series in a way and it actually did well surprisingly. But as for your fan art on Krystal, yeah keep bringing them in and the more we have on that, the better so that we can show everyone that it's not just the "furry" fandom who likes her.

Last edited:

Infimus

Smash Apprentice

It's just amazing how these people are hypocrites, ever since Adventures they have been complaining that they wanted SF64 again, when it pretty much finally happened they make the hypocritical assumption that the game lacks innovation, from 2002 to 2006 Nintendo did their best to come up with new stuff to the series that every single one of them these people complained (except Command that everybody hates for good reasons) using some sort of "this-is-not-star-fox" argument.

The more time passes, the more this game is starting to look like Twilight Princess, a game that "everybody" wanted but when it finally happened "nobody" liked it.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Simple get Wolf in first then you'll get all the Starfox fans to unite for Krystal.
Was counting on it this last week. Nintendo threw us a few curveballs however.

About Krystal smash art-

Yeah, it may be unofficially implied somewhere. Japan seems to take more liberties with random info that may or may not be canon, so I can see the game booklet or some art thing making implications like that. I don't think any character is actually given an age in any moment of gameplay in the Star Fox series.

About the game... yeah, there's a lot of expectations or at least things I was hoping this game would do and feature. I'd mentioned most of them many times here in this thread prior to Zero's reveal this E3. Krystal being absent is really just one small piece of it. Her absence is only representative of an entire cast and story that's been set aside for this go around. There's actually things like gameplay choices and character representation that rub me the wrong way worse. It's hard to say what all will change between now and the game's release, but from what we've seen so far, it seems to be falling short. I still see myself getting it though, but I'm not pre-ordering it months in advance. I'm going to wait for more info.

I actually really like Twilight Princess, heh. It's hard to say it's a favorite because lots of Zelda games have unique charm and it's hard to pick favorites. It's way up there though. I remember being surprised that so many people didn't like it. I guess people have different tastes, but perhaps it's easier to be upset about what you don't like than to be happy about what you do sometimes. I liked it's style and it's length and it's world. It was a really expansive game broken up into interesting chapters. Skyward Sword was beautifully designed and the characters felt really real, but the world and the length of the game underwhelmed me by comparison.

Maybe I just have different tastes than the "majority" out there, since I also thought Star Fox Adventures and Assault were great. My first experiences with Star Fox were 64. A friend of mine owned it and I'd come over and play the game with him. We'd trade off missions and play to the end. I wasn't as good at the game as he was but I only played it when I was over at his place... I didn't buy it myself until late in the 64's life. I got Adventure's day one though. It's the game that really got me into Star Fox. I suddenly felt more invested in the characters. Fox was such a character too. And it kind of just got me good so to speak since it really tapped into my early childhood. When I was kindergarten age and younger I was way into dinosaurs and my fav Disney film was Robin Hood, so I was already interested in the elements of Star Fox Adventures you could say, heh. It's a game I would've loved to play as 6 year old. When the game came out I was already a teenager at that point, but I could still appreciate the elements that really reached that young kid in me. If not for that game, I'd not be the fan I am today. 64 would've been a well loved game with fond memories, but I'd probably not have followed the franchise further had it not taken that unusual turn in the Gamecube era.

I have a subscription to Game Informer! I've have to check that out. So cool it got recognized. The image link didn't want to load so I guess I'll have to wait for my magazine to come. It comes with my Gamestop account and stuff, in case you're curious.

Also, everything Wolfheart said... good advice.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
And it kind of just got me good so to speak since it really tapped into my early childhood. When I was kindergarten age and younger I was way into dinosaurs and my fav Disney film was Robin Hood, so was already interested in the elements of Star Fox Adventures you could say, heh.
What does Robin Hood have to do with you like Adventures lol. Oh wait, is it because Robin Hood is a fox.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
What does Robin Hood have to do with you like Adventures lol. Oh wait, is it because Robin Hood is a fox.
Yeah, pretty much, lol. That was my first exposure to the story of Robin Hood and I really liked the character. Seeing that movie for the first time is literally one of my earliest memories. I even have preschool drawings that say my fav animal is a fox because of that movie, haha. Robin Hood was sharp and fun, not unlike how Fox was portrayed in Adventures too. There was something about Adventures and playing as Fox that reminded me of that and made the kid in me giddy I guess. I can't deny it had an influence in my interest in Star Fox.

I could've just said "I was way into dinosaurs and foxes were my favorite animals as a little kid" and avoided the confusion there, but I thought it was worth noting Robin Hood specifically I guess.

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
It's just amazing how these people are hypocrites, ever since Adventures they have been complaining that they wanted SF64 again, when it pretty much finally happened they make the hypocritical assumption that the game lacks innovation, from 2002 to 2006 Nintendo did their best to come up with new stuff to the series that every single one of them these people complained (except Command that everybody hates for good reasons) using some sort of "this-is-not-star-fox" argument.

The more time passes, the more this game is starting to look like Twilight Princess, a game that "everybody" wanted but when it finally happened "nobody" liked it.
Nostalgia can be blinding. They've been so caught up on this idealized version of how things used to be that they wanted the new game to be exactly like those ideals. Thing is, they couldn't be because the original didn't fit them either. >_>

You do realize that wouldn't solve anything, right? All it'd do is move her from "they won't add two Star Fox characters" to "we already got one Star Fox character, and they won't add a second one". Notice how often Mewtwo gets brought up when discussing Pokémon characters unless the speaker is fond of a particular one?

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Nostalgia can be blinding. They've been so caught up on this idealized version of how things used to be that they wanted the new game to be exactly like those ideals. Thing is, they couldn't be because the original didn't fit them either. >_>

You do realize that wouldn't solve anything, right? All it'd do is move her from "they won't add two Star Fox characters" to "we already got one Star Fox character, and they won't add a second one". Notice how often Mewtwo gets brought up when discussing Pokémon characters unless the speaker is fond of a particular one?
I think Obnoxshush's implication was that there were some Wolf supporters that would side with us after Wolf's reveal. I know that some or even most of them aren't Krystal supporters too necessarily, but perhaps he's throwing his support in for us after Wolf's reveal. Not sure. I think we can count on some portion of Wolf supporters to be with us after he's revealed though. Some more support, if even a little, is welcome. Was hoping Wolf would've been revealed by now however.

Last edited:

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
I think Obnoxshush's implication was that there were some Wolf supporters that would side with us after Wolf's reveal. I know that some or even most of them aren't Krystal supporters too necessarily, but perhaps he's throwing his support in for us after Wolf's reveal. Not sure. I think we can count on some portion of Wolf supporters to be with us after he's revealed though. Some more support, if even a little, is welcome. Was hoping Wolf would've been revealed by now however.
It still annoys me to see some of the Wolf supporters say "even Leon, Pigma, etc. is a better choice than Krystal." Most or all of us in the Krystal thread support Wolf coming back but most in the Wolf thread care little to nothing for Krystal because she isn't a veteran and the fact that she most likely won't appear in SF Zero as well as all the reasons for the hate of the post-64 era.

Infimus

Smash Apprentice
This reminds me of this:

As a game developer myself, I have to reiterate a saying in the software industry: "Listen to your users, but don't do what they say." People are very good at expressing that they are upset, but they are absolutely terrible at saying what they actually want.

Source: http://krystalarchive.com/2015/06/reggie-provides-much-needed-perspective/

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
With Wolf in, there are still other barriers in place. Wolf fans aren't necessarily Krystal fans, the Slippy fanbase in Japan hasn't gone anywhere, and then you have the people who plain hate this character (why does it feel like I'm in a Game of Thrones episode?). I would be delighted to see us unite on something for a change, especially if it could advance our cause, but I don't see it happening. You're still invited to rally all the support you can from the Wolf camp if he's reinstated as the third character, though.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Yeah, pretty much, lol. That was my first exposure to the story of Robin Hood and I really liked the character. Seeing that movie for the first time is literally one of my earliest memories. I even have preschool drawings that say my fav animal is a fox because of that movie, haha. Robin Hood was sharp and fun, not unlike how Fox was portrayed in Adventures too. There was something about Adventures and playing as Fox that reminded me of that and made the kid in me giddy I guess. I can't deny it had an influence in my interest in Star Fox.

I could've just said "I was way into dinosaurs and foxes were my favorite animals as a little kid" and avoided the confusion there, but I thought it was worth noting Robin Hood specifically I guess.
Really? Then you and I have something in common. I also love that movie Robin Hood from Disney. That's what got me into foxes and wolves and it's funny that the Sheriff of Nottingham in the film is actually a wolf and was like a rival to Robin Hood who was a fox. ^^ Maid Marion was a fox there who loves Robin and it's similar to see that with Fox and Krystal. Anyway, the only difference here is that I was exposed to Starfox on the SNES when it first came out and have played every Starfox game ever since and have been a loyal fan to the series. Getting back to foxes and all that in a personal note, Disney is coming up with a new animated film next year called Zootopia and the main character is actually a anthro fox himself. Very interesting indeed. ^^

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
It still annoys me to see some of the Wolf supporters say "even Leon, Pigma, etc. is a better choice than Krystal." Most or all of us in the Krystal thread support Wolf coming back but most in the Wolf thread care little to nothing for Krystal because she isn't a veteran and the fact that she most likely won't appear in SF Zero as well as all the reasons for the hate of the post-64 era.
With Wolf in, there are still other barriers in place. Wolf fans aren't necessarily Krystal fans, the Slippy fanbase in Japan hasn't gone anywhere, and then you have the people who plain hate this character (why does it feel like I'm in a Game of Thrones episode?). I would be delighted to see us unite on something for a change, especially if it could advance our cause, but I don't see it happening. You're still invited to rally all the support you can from the Wolf camp if he's reinstated as the third character, though.
That's what complicates things. Though a lot of Wolf's support base is Star Fox fans, not all of them are modern Star Fox fans. There're some that are...well, you've seen me use the phrase "genwunner" before, and they're among those who openly bash Krystal because, to them, she represents the series steering away from what they idealized 64 as. Then there're the non-Star Fox fans who support because they liked playing as Wolf in Brawl, and among them are the bandwagoners who jumped on board out of veteran bias or in order to look cool. And since arrogance and aggression looks cool if you're not all that informed, they start bashing Krystal as well to try and look as "cool" as the genwunners.

I can't speak much for Slippy's support base. Anyone have any inside info on them? I can't help but wonder how much of his support comes from anti-Krystal fans or from people who think older characters "deserve" to get into Smash first regardless of context.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
That's what complicates things. Though a lot of Wolf's support base is Star Fox fans, not all of them are modern Star Fox fans. There're some that are...well, you've seen me use the phrase "genwunner" before, and they're among those who openly bash Krystal because, to them, she represents the series steering away from what they idealized 64 as. Then there're the non-Star Fox fans who joined in because they liked playing as Wolf in Brawl, and among them are the bandwagoners who jumped on board out of veteran bias or in order to look cool. And since arrogance and aggression looks cool if you're not all that informed, they start bashing Krystal as well to try and look as "cool" as the genwunners.

I can't speak much for Slippy's support base. Anyone have any inside info on them? I can't help but wonder how much of his support comes from anti-Krystal fans or from people who think older characters "deserve" to get into Smash first regardless of context.
I've never played a Star Fox game. I actually only know it from Brawl and Smash speculation. I still like Krystal and have always included her in my Smash 4 rosters.

mark welford

Smash Ace
Now that I think about it Krystal isn't really out of existence in SF0 because we know where she was and she was doing during 64 she just hasn't came into the story yet if it's somewhere during 64. Please don't blow my brains out over this theory.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Although I do think it will hinge on SFZ's success, I could definitely see Platinum handling the series solo after this, and if that's the case I wouldn't at all be surprised if they brought Krystal back. Perhaps it might even happen before Smash 5's development.

Now that I think about it Krystal isn't really out of existence in SF0 because we know where she was and she was doing during 64 she just hasn't came into the story yet if it's somewhere during 64. Please don't blow my brains out over this theory.
Not going to blow your brains out, but given how similar things seem to be to pre-Krystal SF games, and given who's working on it, I just really doubt she's going to be in this one. But like I said, I don't think that it necessarily means she's out of the series for good or anything.

mark welford

Smash Ace
Although I do think it will hinge on SFZ's success, I could definitely see Platinum handling the series solo after this, and if that's the case I wouldn't at all be surprised if they brought Krystal back. Perhaps it might even happen before Smash 5's development.

Not going to blow your brains out, but given how similar things seem to be to pre-Krystal SF games, and given who's working on it, I just really doubt she's going to be in this one. But like I said, I don't think that it necessarily means she's out of the series for good or anything.
That's what I was implying that she really isn't killed off and I don't think she's in this one I'm just sure I know that during 64 she was on Sauria taking care of the dinosaurs and if this game is right with 64 she's just still on Sauria and hasn't come into the story yet all I want to do is reassure that she isn't gone, she just hasn't come in yet.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Fortunately, most of us have come to that conclusion already. She's not gone from the series, she's just absent for this particular game because it happens before her time. It doesn't rule her out for future games...and more importantly, it doesn't hurt her chances for Smash at all.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I'd still say you can't rule out her, or anyone's appearance in this game, heck for all we know, the walkers might not be the only thing they decided to bring back from Star Fox 2(Miyu and Fay could be cool), but hey we just gotta wait and and see

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Theoretically it's possible that Nintendo used the Star Fox 64 part of the game and cast in the demos and trailers, to lure in the whiny Star Fox fans, and save the post 64 cast for later in the game, but Nintendo and Miyamoto unfortunately aren't that smart

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Really? Then you and I have something in common. I also love that movie Robin Hood from Disney. That's what got me into foxes and wolves and it's funny that the Sheriff of Nottingham in the film is actually a wolf and was like a rival to Robin Hood who was a fox. ^^ Maid Marion was a fox there who loves Robin and it's similar to see that with Fox and Krystal. Anyway, the only difference here is that I was exposed to Starfox on the SNES when it first came out and have played every Starfox game ever since and have been a loyal fan to the series. Getting back to foxes and all that in a personal note, Disney is coming up with a new animated film next year called Zootopia and the main character is actually a anthro fox himself. Very interesting indeed. ^^

I skipped the SNES generation. My family got an NES from a friend and that's what I first played on, but I didn't have a console of my own until the 64. I did play some SNES games at friends' houses long ago. Didn't get a chance to play many of the popular games on that console until much later. Some on emulator, some from borrowing the console and games from a friend, and some I didn't get a chance to play until Wii's VC. I have played the original Star Fox though.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
I skipped the SNES generation. My family got an NES from a friend and that's what I first played on, but I didn't have a console of my own until the 64. I did play some SNES games at friends' houses long ago. Didn't get a chance to play many of the popular games on that console until much later. Some on emulator, some from borrowing the console and games from a friend, and some I didn't get a chance to play until Wii's VC. I have played the original Star Fox though.
I see. As for Starfox 2, I was able to play it on an emulator a friend of mine was nice enough to put on my Wii because if it and honestly, it was a fun game. It's too bad that the game never got released. But at least they are using elements from that game into Zero and maybe we may get Miyu and Fay to finally appear in the newest entry in the series. You know, I found a interesting video on Youtube posted a few days ago that this guy talks about having multiple timelines in the SF universe; ala Zelda timeline and this is an interesting theory he came up with: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtSZ_KNP_DA

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Hey everyone! Can't remember if I have commented in this campaign before or not... but in case I haven't..... Hi! :D

I'd love to see Krystal in the game. After watching a playthrough of Starfox Adventures.. I instantly saw the desire. She is definitely a unique character, and could definitely be a breath of fresh air to the Starfox line up (assuming her moveset was done right of course XD)

Anyways... I added this campaign to the notable campaigns section over on my help thread (a link to that is in my signature). Just to make sure I have the bio down right, I wanted to cut a piece of it to show it here, so I can get some good opinions on it..:

"Rundown: Krystal is a vixen, whom was native to the planet Cerinia, outside the Lylat System. However, her planet was destroyed in an unknown disaster in which both of her parents died. She traveled to the Lylat system seeking answers, and stumbled upon the planet Sauria, after recieving a distress signal during her search. However, in attempting to aid the planet, she was imprisoned in a crystalline cell, where she remained until Fox freed her. After the planet had been saved, Krystal eventually joined the Starfox team. Some rumor Fox has the hots for her.. I wonder if it's true?

Smash talk: Best not let your guard down around this vixen! Not only does she pack a sick moveset pool, but she also has a large fan following, and a decently large campaign. Her chances of getting in Smash are as clear as crystal! (...I am so sorry.)

Combat potential: Krystal is adept in combat. She does have access to the standard equipment Starfox uses, being a team member. However that's not all she has at her disposal. She also has a powerful staff, which not only works well in close combat, but also gives her a variety of potent magical attacks, ranging from fireballs, to trembling ground quakes! She also has a natural ability of telepathy."

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Hey everyone! Can't remember if I have commented in this campaign before or not... but in case I haven't..... Hi! :D

I'd love to see Krystal in the game. After watching a playthrough of Starfox Adventures.. I instantly saw the desire. She is definitely a unique character, and could definitely be a breath of fresh air to the Starfox line up (assuming her moveset was done right of course XD)

Anyways... I added this campaign to the notable campaigns section over on my help thread (a link to that is in my signature). Just to make sure I have the bio down right, I wanted to cut a piece of it to show it here, so I can get some good opinions on it..:

"Rundown: Krystal is a vixen, whom was native to the planet Cerinia, outside the Lylat System. However, her planet was destroyed in an unknown disaster in which both of her parents died. She traveled to the Lylat system seeking answers, and stumbled upon the planet Sauria, after recieving a distress signal during her search. However, in attempting to aid the planet, she was imprisoned in a crystalline cell, where she remained until Fox freed her. After the planet had been saved, Krystal eventually joined the Starfox team. Some rumor Fox has the hots for her.. I wonder if it's true?

Smash talk: Best not let your guard down around this vixen! Not only does she pack a sick moveset pool, but she also has a large fan following, and a decently large campaign. Her chances of getting in Smash are as clear as crystal! (...I am so sorry.)

Combat potential: Krystal is adept in combat. She does have access to the standard equipment Starfox uses, being a team member. However that's not all she has at her disposal. She also has a powerful staff, which not only works well in close combat, but also gives her a variety of potent magical attacks, ranging from fireballs, to trembling ground quakes! She also has a natural ability of telepathy."
Our biggest Twitter hashtag is probably "#Krystal4Smash"

There's also "#KrystalForSmashBros" and "#Vote4Krystal"

Smilesocks

Smash Rookie
#Wishful4Krystal

...I'm not very good at this.

Speaking of Krystal, I thought I'd remind everyone that Star Fox: Command will be launching on the Wii U VC today. I'm excited to finally try it!

Last edited:
Top Bottom