• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
And to think, I thought Nintendo was making a solid attempt to recover with the way this iteration of Smash has been going. There is no way in hell that I'm buying Star Fox Zero, and that's not simply because Krystal isn't present. It's because they completely neglected every fan that wasn't the crying and whining 64-genners. First off, we have the absence of Krystal which this thread reacts most strongly to. Then we have what seems to be a very retold story and no new character reflection or arcs. This is the kind of writing that gets cancelled after it's first season on TV (or never makes it there to begin with). Next we have the brilliance that is not including multiplayer in a game that seems almost built for it. I hate to break this to you Nintendo, but you don't have the same story-telling finesse that Bioshock or the Last of Us had to be solely single player. Then we have the Transformer-like Arwing which just seems ridiculous to me, but hell maybe I'm the only one.

I didn't watch or care about the rest of this Direct, but from what I've heard on here it was equally as much of a letdown. Once again, Nintendo shoots itself in the foot. After watching the Fallout 4 and Gears 4 presentations this just made me wonder why they saved it for E3. The video I posted moments ago matches exactly to the letter how I feel.

I'm not saying we should give up on Krystal, because there are plenty of characters that are in that are from old games or older iterations of their games. But, we should all brace ourselves for the more than likely disappointment that Nintendo seems so proud to deliver. And yes, if you want a chance to bring Krystal in this game we will apparently have to become more belligerent like the 64-genners. This quiet movement that we've been making doesn't make the ripples that it needs.
Well said Foxy, Well said, if we all boycott SFZ, and go on the warpath online, Nintendo will have to listen to us
Sadly, this was the approach of the pre-brawl Krystal supporters. Krystal was implied in Brawl because of her VAs appearance. She had a lot of support back then and it was loud and obnoxious. I don't want to make enemies. Be loud and be supportive, but be reasonable. We need cheerleaders, not angry closeminded fans telling other people what to think. It's not a good reflection on us.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I am sick of the **** and stupidity from them, if I wanted to see this is kind of tomfoolery, I'd watch a bad sitcom
Sadly, this was the approach of the pre-brawl Krystal supporters. Krystal was implied in Brawl because of her VAs appearance. She had a lot of support back then and it was loud and obnoxious. I don't want to make enemies. Be loud and be supportive, but be reasonable. We need cheerleaders, not angry closeminded fans telling other people what to think. It's not a good reflection on us.
Well the dumbass 64ers were militant and they got their way, time to fight fire with fire

Last edited:

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't Katt in 64 though? There's no way they'd take out something from their precious 64

But revealing the spin-off first is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard, no joke
What I find bad about it though is that Katt was Falco's love interest isn't she? Let people constantly say that Fox doesn't need "his", Krystal. Its just the irony I feel insulting.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
On another note. I wanted Krystal's support thread to be active like this like how Roy's became active. Not like this.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Go chill off and play some Splatoon then, we will inform you once Nintendo fixes their mistake (which they do quite well in my opinion).
Playing MGS Peace Walker to chill off actually, if only Miyamoto had Kojima's cajones, and willingness to take risks on new story ideas

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Well, we could be a little more active, I suppose, but we all have other stuff going on IRL. Plus, we've been doing from disappointments to disappointments. I suppose I could come here a little more though but it's definitely not the same as before. Everytime we believe something good might happen, something bad actually happens.

Like many people said, it's true that while they revealed Starfox info, they didn't reveal much, but it doesn't look like there's actually much to reveal, which is the saddest part. The transforming airwing is a good idea though, but unfortunately we still don't have the on foot gameplay.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Well true, but still game's don't need a useless gimmick to stand out, games should tand out based on quality, and that's Nintendo's problem, too much focus on gimmicks, not enough on quality
You just said Nintendo doesn't make quality games. I can't even. Nintendo uses the gimmicks to make quality games. Splatoon is super gimmicky but look at how good the game is. Nintendo Land is gimmicky, still a fun party game. Nintendo have been all about the gimmicks since day one. Zapper, Powerpad. THE ****ING POWERGLOVE. They aren't going to change. Also Sony and Microsoft are also getting into the gimmicky world of gaming with the oculus ripoffs they made.
*points to Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door*
They do hit the goldmine sometimes. Its like they are searching for gold. They keep trying and they sometimes hit the jackpot.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Let Operation Cerinia begin, the purpose is to have Krystal in Future Star Fox titles and have her playable in Smash, made a Facebook page for our cause already

Last edited:

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
You just said Nintendo doesn't make quality games. I can't even. Nintendo uses the gimmicks to make quality games. Splatoon is super gimmicky but look at how good the game is. Nintendo Land is gimmicky, still a fun party game. Nintendo have been all about the gimmicks since day one. Zapper, Powerpad. THE ****ING POWERGLOVE. They aren't going to change. Also Sony and Microsoft are also getting into the gimmicky world of gaming with the oculus ripoffs they made.

They do hit the goldmine sometimes. Its like they are searching for gold. They keep trying and they sometimes hit the jackpot.
You're arguing with one of the most hated person on this thread. Try not to get so worked up, Ey?

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
The pain of being a Rare-created Nintendo character... :urg:
Reminds me of K. Rool...
K Rools case is due to Retro, Nintendo had him in the baseball game, but Retro seems to not want to use him for reasons that, if I recall, they dont wish to be Rare, which sounds really hipster since people like K Rool. Krystal is different though, Nintendo, Namco and the devs behind Command used her, Miyamoto wanted her in the series, so I mean.

Also just because Rare designed K Rool or Krystal doesnt mean it's effects em. I think Diddy and the others were made by them too, yet Nintendo still uses em. What i'm saying is Nintendo owns them regardless who made em because they were made for their IPs. Dinosaur Planet turning into Star Fox Adventures being essentially a sacrifice as Microsoft would've owned that had Miyamoto not suggested the game be a Star Fox game.

Last edited:

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
When talking about gimmicks, the original Star Fox was special in that it sold with a Super FX Chip that made it able to utilize more polygons and Star Fox 64 sold with a Rumble Pak. These two features really made people want to try them back in the day or made them forced to buy them (SF64 for the Rumble Pak).

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
You're arguing with one of the most hated person on this thread. Try not to get so worked up, Ey?
I am hated?
Sorry its just I don't like when people bash a company for messing up. Nothing is perfect and they aren't telepathic.
When a company messes up as much as Nintendo, it's an obvious sign of incompetence and that they have no idea what the hell they are doing

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I am sick of the **** and stupidity from them, if I wanted to see this is kind of tomfoolery, I'd watch a bad sitcom

Well the ******* 64ers were militant and they got their way, time to fight fire with fire
Ironically, that metaphor also implies ultimate destruction. I'm not interested in being associated with a war campaign.

I don't think "64ers" were a united force ever. They were just angry people that bandwagoned on each other. I doubt it effected how Miyamoto played this. More relevant were the people that quietly reviewed or believed that the later games in franchise weren't quite what 64 was. Even more than that, is simply Miyamoto's desire to simplify things and focus only on gameplay innovation like he always has.

To be honest, there's really no fire to fight. We're not going to target "64ers". They didn't target us. They just shouted their opinions with no real direction and others happened to hear them until it sounded like a unified voice that wasn't. If you're to play their game, all you'd really be doing is shouting. And the truth is that most of those that we might call "64ers" weren't or haven't so much shouted as they simply stated their opinion. There's plenty of people out there that preferred Star Fox 64 to all other Star Fox games, but they aren't seen shouting it in online communities. These quite reviews add up all the same however. Of course, a vocal obnoxious group of 64 supporters are more noticeable to us in the trenches, but these loud angry opinions don't carry as much weight up top.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Ironically, that metaphor also implies ultimate destruction. I'm not interested in being associated with a war campaign.

I don't think "64ers" were a united force ever. They were just angry people that bandwagoned on each other. I doubt it effected how Miyamoto played this. More relevant were the people that quietly reviewed or believed that the later games in franchise weren't quite what 64 was. Even more than that, is simply Miyamoto's desire to simplify things and focus only on gameplay innovation like he always has.

To be honest, there's really no fire to fight. We're not going to target "64ers". They didn't target us. They just shouted their opinions with no real direction and others happened to hear them until it sounded like a unified voice that wasn't. If you're to play their game, all you'd really be doing is shouting. And the truth is that most of those that we might call "64ers" weren't or haven't so much shouted as they simply stated their opinion. There's plenty of people out there that preferred Star Fox 64 to all other Star Fox games, but they aren't seen shouting it in online communities. These quite reviews add up all the same however. Of course, a vocal obnoxious group of 64 supporters are more noticeable to us in the trenches, but these loud angry opinions don't carry as much weight up top.
Wow, Well said, we should do something like Operation: Moonfall though

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I am hated?

When a company messes up as much as Nintendo, it's an obvious sign of incompetence and that they have no idea what the hell they are doing
Yes, because no other company besides Nintendo has messed up as much as them *COUGH COUGH SEGA, CAPCOM, KONAMI, SONY, MICROSOFT, LITERALLY EVERY OTHER COMPANY THAT IS SOMEWHAT OLD*

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm not going to count Krystal out yet, she could very well still be in the game.

[collapse=]
At least I really hope she's in it because Fox looks amazing and I can only imagine Krystal...

[/collapse]

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I though Super had a better story? At least from what I've heard
Both of them were stellar, story-wise.

Who knows? Maybe we could eventually see something with Star Fox similar to how Mario games handle their depth, with the main line games being simplistic affairs based around level design and fun factor and spinoff series that are more story- and character-driven. I dunno about you guys, but I'd be up for another Adventures if it had a lot of elements (and a certain character) that Zero currently lacks.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Dude your like the first person I've seen who actually likes how Fox looks.
I'm also apparently the only person who thinks Melee Fox is ugly and his Brawl/4 design was leaps and bounds better.
:foxmelee::4fox:

But this one is basically his current Smash design up to eleven. He's so damn fluffy too.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Let Operation Cerinia begin, the purpose is to have Krystal in Future Star Fox titles and have her playable in Smash, made a Facebook page for our cause already
I'm not sure how I feel about this.

I like the thought, but having you behind it worries me. I fear you're often too bombastic and act before thinking. Please, if you do this, be careful. We don't need to give people a bad impression.

At the same time, you might gather more people angry and emotionally weak. I'm just not sure I like the idea of a bunch of angry people gathering together. Sounds riotous. I don't want our community to make enemies. I want to make allies. Be careful to walk the tightrope between these two scenarios if you must gather fervent support.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I'm also apparently the only person who thinks Melee Fox is ugly and his Brawl/4 design was leaps and bounds better.
:foxmelee::4fox:

But this one is basically his current Smash design up to eleven. He's so damn fluffy too.
I think Melee Fox is ugly and Brawl/4 design was better. The fluffiness is weird this time. Retro got it right on DK, Diddy, Dixie, and Cranky but this is weird to me.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I'm not sure how I feel about this.

I like the thought, but having you behind it worries me. I fear you're often too bombastic and act before thinking. Please, if you do this, be careful. We don't need to give people a bad impression.

At the same time, you might gather more people angry and emotionally weak. I'm just not sure I like the idea of a bunch of angry people gathering together. Sounds riotous. I don't want our community to make enemies. I want to make allies. Be careful to walk the tightrope between these two scenarios if you must gather fervent support.
Alright, I am a bit of a hothead I am not going to lie, but I was inspired by Operation Moonfall and Operation: Rainfall's success

Top Bottom