• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm sorry but after them confirming slippy is going to be important in this installment in the tree house live, I see many star fox fans turning around and liking him and voting for him in smash and he in turn gets in the game with Wolf. I really don't want that to happen..

How they made slippy a better important character is what I was hoping they would do with krystal since she's bashed for the most ridiculous reasons..

I don't look forward to wolf having his old London like voice back when he appears xD
Sorry guys, might as well come out and say it. With Krystal most likely in purgatory due to a possible retcon, I might as well jump back on the Slippy bandwagon for old times sake. It's really been a pleasure and I hope that she manages to pull through in the end for Shorts' sake. Good bye! :crying:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Sorry guys, might as well come out and say it. With Krystal most likely in purgatory due to a possible retcon, I might as well jump back on the Slippy bandwagon for old times sake. It's really been a pleasure and I hope that she manages to pull through in the end for Shorts' sake. Good bye! :crying:
This honestly makes me want to cry, don't give up though, just because she's out of Star Fox doesn't mean she's necessarily out of Smash. Hell, if we got her in Smash, she'd probably be in Star Fox again

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
This honestly makes me want to cry, don't give up though, just because she's out of Star Fox doesn't mean she's necessarily out of Smash. Hell, if we got her in Smash, she'd probably be in Star Fox again
She's only temporarily out, anyway. This game just takes place before she shows up, remember?

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
I feel bad for Metroid fans right now but I really feel cheated on Animal Crossing too. Happy Home Designer is cute and I knew that was coming.... but I wanted and actual Animal Crossing game for the Wii U not some Mario Party ripoff bullcrap. And Krystal not being in this new Starfox game has really REALLY stepped on my hopes for her in Sm4sh. I voted for her on the ballot and it's all I can do :/

This Direct was a letdown for me. I was only interested in Starfox Zero, Happy Home Designer, the Zelda 3DS multiplayer game and Xenoblade X. Everything else didn't really interest me as much. Whoever thought Animal Party was a good idea needs to be punched in the throat. Regardless it's here and I'm speechless. I hold hope that the NX has the big guns.

Smilesocks

Smash Rookie
I'm really disappointed by the absence of Krystal in the trailer. The game looks incredible and I'm really really really happy to see another Star Fox game...I just hope Krystal makes an appearance at some point. Although since this is a reimagining of sorts, I suppose it makes sense that she wouldn't appear in this title, but maybe in the future.

Regardless, I'm glad the game looks good and I'll keep hoping for Krystal in Smash. :)

Last edited:

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Wolf and Andrew are also in, if you pause the video you can see a Wolfen with an A, and a Wolfen with a W.
Yeah I noticed that to while watching the trailer again. The new StarFox game looks great, but I feel as if Nintendo just stuck their hand deeply up Metroid: Other M's a#% pulled out this akward retelling of Star Fox. I mean look at Slippy's character portrait when he talks it looks butt ugly. Plus the fact that Krystal isn't in the game is like Nintendo rubbing salt on our wounds.

Also speaking of Metroid wtf what was that piece of crap 3DS game that they based around the Federation Troopers? That game alone is one big slap to the face of Metroid fans imo.

Last edited:

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Man this e3 was cool but a slap to the face man. I was hoping for Krystal, an actual metroid game and sunshine 2...well guys we falled

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
It feels like Nintendo is literally trying to destroy their franchises, first we get this, We get Federation Force (I'm not calling this a Metroid game, it doesn't deserve the title), I still wanna know where Retro is btw. F-Zero is still nowhere to be seen, Paper Mario is forced into the Mario and Luigi games, Animal Crossing gets a ****ing Mario Party rip-off and a home designer, Zelda gets a Four Swords sequel for some ****ing reason.

This direct was just tragic and only served to shove more Mario down people's throats, we get it, 30th anniversary

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I see some shots were fired here too. Is no place safe?

Remember, if it's taking place before StarFox Adventures chronologically, it's not a big deal.

Remember when Diddy Kong was retired just because he was cut from Donkey Kong Jungle Beat? I sure as hell don't.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Damn it, everyone, keep it together! I know emotions are running high, but spouting off some of the things I've seen in here is not the right way to handle them!

Give some time for things to settle. We don't have anything to gain here from speaking or acting without thinking.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
It feels like Nintendo is literally trying to destroy their franchises, first we get this, We get Federation Force (I'm not calling this a Metroid game, it doesn't deserve the title), I still wanna know where Retro is btw. F-Zero is still nowhere to be seen, Paper Mario is forced into the Mario and Luigi games, Animal Crossing gets a ****ing Mario Party rip-off and a home designer, Zelda gets a Four Swords sequel for some ****ing reason.

This direct was just tragic and only served to shove more Mario down people's throats, we get it, 30th anniversary
That just proves it, Nintendo has given up

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Damn it, everyone, keep it together! I know emotions are running high, but spouting off some of the things I've seen in here is not the right way to handle them!

Give some time for things to settle. We don't have anything to gain here from speaking or acting without thinking.
You think this is awful? You must not have seen the shenanigans @Opossum had to deal with in the social thread.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Why are some people still jumping the gun? I don't get it. It's just a trailer. An awesome one at that. No need to give up hope. I said it before and I will say it again. Wait for more info on the game and let that info decide Krystal's fate. Also whoever owns this thread, can you add me as a supporter? Thanks.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
What could we do though, to make Krystal playable if she isn't ? Anyone thinking it's stupid how they said the series were constantly evolving yet they keep going back to stupid Starfox 64 when it comes to their newest games ?

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Now you know how K. Rool fans feel. Poor Krystal. :crying:

What an awful, awful press conference. I went in with minimal expectations and they still managed to disappoint me. I guess I'm going to have to buy an Xbox One at some point. Words cannot describe how disappointed I am right now. Thanks Obama.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
What could we do though, to make Krystal playable if she isn't ? Anyone thinking it's stupid how they said the series were constantly evolving yet they keep going back to stupid Starfox 64 when it comes to their newest games ?
As I said before the direct, by getting everyone to show her support by posting miiverse images of her on Fox and Falcos page, and in this recent case, Star Fox Zeros page, this should help her with Smash and the series in general even though this is a re-telling like Twin Snakes is to the original MGS. Remember, she's not the only one that may be in danger here, Panther and the others are at risk too, but even though I doubt they'd throw em all out, it's best to show support for just in case.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Welcome to my life. I tell others to vote for whomever your heart tells you so there is at least a chance, but no; they go for whomever has better chances.

I really wish my Sophitia movement would get more followers and I really try not to force anyone but hey...

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
As I said before the direct, by getting everyone to show her support by posting miiverse images of her on Fox and Falcos page, and in this recent case, Star Fox Zeros page, this should help her with Smash and the series in general even though this is a re-telling like Twin Snakes is to the original MGS. Remember, she's not the only one that may be in danger here, Panther and the others are at risk too, but even though I doubt they'd throw em all out, it's best to show support for just in case.
Amen

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Lmaooooooooooooo Im done.

They basically are doing a re-telling? thats a fancy word for we b rebootin da series! eheheheh.

They had ONE job. Instead they

Cut characters that could have been developed
Went back to the ZZZZZZZZ formula
I had hope the rest of the direct would be good despite krystal being dead
But I was wrong, every other game was crap, worst nintendo e3 ever, there was literally nothing. Glad i slept today, I feel silly for dumping all this $$$ into smash. Im done with it, im just gonna get X and then ride off into the sunset, ninty has failed a fan thats been buying their products since his youth, i never expected this to happen.... but im done. Have fun with your two Ho-hum characters that everyone will expect this upcoming august.

Edit: Even IF. IF they do bring her back it'll probably be at a point where its too little, too late. AGAIN

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Now you know how K. Rool fans feel. Poor Krystal. :crying:

What an awful, awful press conference. I went in with minimal expectations and they still managed to disappoint me. I guess I'm going to have to buy an Xbox One at some point. Words cannot describe how disappointed I am right now. Thanks Obama.
I would love K. Rool too. But it looks like the old legends are put aside for this installment (read Nintendo Legends). It's a shame.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Lmaooooooooooooo Im done.

They basically are doing a re-telling? thats a fancy word for we b rebootin da series! eheheheh.

They had ONE job. Instead they

Cut characters that could have been developed
Went back to the ZZZZZZZZ formula
I had hope the rest of the direct would be good despite krystal being dead
But I was wrong, every other game was crap, worst nintendo e3 ever, there was literally nothing. Glad i slept today, I feel silly for dumping all this $$$ into smash. Im done with it, im just gonna get X and then ride off into the sunset, ninty has failed a fan thats been buying their products since his youth, i never expected this to happen.... but im done. Have fun with your two Ho-hum characters that everyone will expect this upcoming august.
Literally the only thing that I liked was Fire Emblem, and this is coming from someone who isn't even that big on Fire Emblem

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
While Sony and Microsoft are like the MMA prizefighters, Nintendo is like the "Special" child eating glue in the corner. (Yes Special is a euphemism for mentally challenged)

Last edited:

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
Is everyone still gonna buy the game once it's out? I'd be willing to try it.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Is everyone still gonna buy the game once it's out? I'd be willing to try it.
If its just a quick runthrough ala 64 with different branches ala 64....

No online multiplayer
Feels like more of the same

Only if its free somehow off a rewards program or something, day 1 buy though? not happening.

Top Bottom