• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Ang vote for Wolf is essentially a wasted vote, I think the ballot leak is fake though, Geno is listed as a first party character, when in reality Square Enix owns the rights to any character introduced in the Super Mario RPG games
It wasn't fake, it was a mockup done by some guys elsewhere online to try and see who was getting voted for. It wasn't ever meant to be real; people just jumped to conclusions since it used the Smash Ballot website's formatting.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Since Zelda was delayed to 2016, I think 2015 is officially The Year of Star Fox, since that's the biggest IP coming out this year, and that could work in Krystal's favor, Hopefully Star Fox:Horizons was actually legit, but doubt it,

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Since Zelda was delayed to 2016, I think 2015 is going to be The Year of Star Fox after all, which works in the favor of Krystal and WolfWolf
(Can someone merge my posts, I didn't intend to double post, a ****ing ad interfered with my posts)

Last edited:

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Since Zelda was delayed to 2016, I think 2015 is going to be The Year of Star Fox after all, which works in the favor of Krystal and WolfWolf
(Can someone merge my posts, I didn't intend to double post, a ****ing ad interfered with my posts)
What is Star Fox Horizons? This is the first I heard of it.

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
What is Star Fox Horizons? This is the first I heard of it.
I was told that Star Fox: Horizons was a fake and that it involved a phishing scam. Though I'm sure there is someone else here who knows more about what happened there with Horizons if you're looking for more info about it

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
I was told that Star Fox: Horizons was a fake and that it involved a phishing scam. Though I'm sure there is someone else here who knows more about what happened there with Horizons if you're looking for more info about it
I saw on Nintendo's website a place for Star Fox: Horizons, but on a Google search I found a thing called Star Fox: Event Horizons. So I have no idea.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
This is exactly what I understand of that whole deal. It was debunked before the direct even happened. Star Fox Wii U's actual title is still unknown at this time.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
This is exactly what I understand of that whole deal. It was debunked before the direct even happened. Star Fox Wii U's actual title is still unknown at this time.
It's true. That site for Starfox Horizons was one big elaborate hoax done by someone that was traced from France. They got us really well for an April Fools joke. Besides, we're guaranteed to hear more info on Starfox Wii U at E3 this year like how Miyamoto confirmed it earlier this year and that we will all look forward to. That's what matters.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I really hope they do a remake of Starfox Adventures but with a bonus kind of like they did with Wind Waker. In the new version you can play as Krystal. With a few minor modifications It could be possible.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Even though Horizons was a hoax, I still think the game will be co developed by Platinum though, Retro is preoccupied with their new project, which is probably Metroid, EAD 5 takes too long to develop games, Tokyo EAD is preoccupied with Zelda, and Next Level Games are probably going to be working on their rumored Metroid 3DS game,

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Even though Horizons was a hoax, I still think the game will be co developed by Platinum though, Retro is preoccupied with their new project, which is probably Metroid, EAD 5 takes too long to develop games, Tokyo EAD is preoccupied with Zelda, and Next Level Games are probably going to be working on their rumored Metroid 3DS game,
Agreed, although aren't platinum working on some Xbone game?

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
It's true. That site for Starfox Horizons was one big elaborate hoax done by someone that was traced from France. They got us really well for an April Fools joke. Besides, we're guaranteed to hear more info on Starfox Wii U at E3 this year like how Miyamoto confirmed it earlier this year and that we will all look forward to. That's what matters.

Year of the Star Fox!

I really hope they do a remake of Starfox Adventures but with a bonus kind of like they did with Wind Waker. In the new version you can play as Krystal. With a few minor modifications It could be possible.
That would be awesome although seems really unlikely. If that happens, I think we could start calling the "Adventures" series it's own spin-off series from Star Fox. That's how it would be treated I imagine since the game play is so different mostly. I think having a dedicated spin-off series would be awesome since it would promise to bring us more games like Adventures. Really, that's my only reason for liking that notion however, since I'm more than happy with Star Fox proper making more games like Adventures. I just know that lots of Star Fox fans wouldn't like that.

If only Adventures got the love that Metroid Prime did, then we could actually believe in two different ways to play a game with the same cast of characters... but the leap from Zelda style game-play and a rail shooter is just too large of a gap I guess. Plus, as much as I personally like Adventures, I can easily say it was inferior to Metroid Prime. Prime really did what many thought couldn't be done and didn't alienate it's fans in the end. Funny how even with that winning formula they went backwards with Other M. The major difference between Prime and Other M, besides poor characterization and story, was that for as different as Prime was from it's 2D predecessors, it didn't stray from the heart of what made a good Metroid game. Unfortunately, Adventures falls in this odd place where it wasn't a bad game, but it wasn't a great game... but it also wasn't a Star Fox game in terms of staying true to what makes a good Star Fox game. It was a pretty good Zelda game for people who liked the Star Fox characters. Because Adventures was so different from the conventional Star Fox experience, it had to really really knock it out of the park for people to accept it on a large scale with high demand for another game of it's kind. And even then there's those that simply prefer rail shooters to Zelda like games, no matter how good they are, and they'd still demand a game that had what they enjoyed to begin with.

Realisitically, I just hope the legacy of Adventures lives on in a small part within the franchise on into the future. Assault showed it was willing to take the game on foot. I liked the idea, although the execution could've been better. Sadly, the on-foot sections were fairly uninteresting and the characters felt generic and lifeless when compared to the rich experience of Adventures. Assault was great in the conventional Star Fox aspect however. If the new game keeps what works in a game like Star Fox 64 but improves it's on-foot section to be more interesting, then you'll get a game that accomplishes what Assault didn't quite manage to. I'd love it if this happened.

Last I heard, there's two other projects that are developmentally related to Star Fox Wii U. One is Project Giant Robot and the other is Project Guard. I've looked both up but there's no indication that their development is under anyone but Miyamoto, but there's a chance they're related to some team that may be helping with more Star Fox stuff. Thing is, both those projects are gameplay experiments which is very much a Miyamoto thing. This could be where he's occupying himself while another team is working on stuff that's not so much his forte, such as details, story, etc.

I seriously hope there's some decent on-foot gameplay if only to further flesh out and develop the characters in the game. When everyone is in an Arwing it feels like there's a divide with the characters. I want missions where I can run around as Krystal for one or Slippy for another for a total unique experience. I'd love it if the whole campaign could be played where you're Falco instead of Fox for instance too. Or even Wolf. Imagine a special Wolf campaign that could be unlocked after the main game. These are awesome opportunities and I'm cautiously optimistic about them. Would be a shame if they weren't explored at the very least.

Wow, I really have a textwalling problem lately.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Year of the Star Fox!

That would be awesome although seems really unlikely. If that happens, I think we could start calling the "Adventures" series it's own spin-off series from Star Fox. That's how it would be treated I imagine since the game play is so different mostly. I think having a dedicated spin-off series would be awesome since it would promise to bring us more games like Adventures. Really, that's my only reason for liking that notion however, since I'm more than happy with Star Fox proper making more games like Adventures. I just know that lots of Star Fox fans wouldn't like that.

If only Adventures got the love that Metroid Prime did, then we could actually believe in two different ways to play a game with the same cast of characters... but the leap from Zelda style game-play and a rail shooter is just too large of a gap I guess. Plus, as much as I personally like Adventures, I can easily say it was inferior to Metroid Prime. Prime really did what many thought couldn't be done and didn't alienate it's fans in the end. Funny how even with that winning formula they went backwards with Other M. The major difference between Prime and Other M, besides poor characterization and story, was that for as different as Prime was from it's 2D predecessors, it didn't stray from the heart of what made a good Metroid game. Unfortunately, Adventures falls in this odd place where it wasn't a bad game, but it wasn't a great game... but it also wasn't a Star Fox game in terms of staying true to what makes a good Star Fox game. It was a pretty good Zelda game for people who liked the Star Fox characters. Because Adventures was so different from the conventional Star Fox experience, it had to really really knock it out of the park for people to accept it on a large scale with high demand for another game of it's kind. And even then there's those that simply prefer rail shooters to Zelda like games, no matter how good they are, and they'd still demand a game that had what they enjoyed to begin with.

Realisitically, I just hope the legacy of Adventures lives on in a small part within the franchise on into the future. Assault showed it was willing to take the game on foot. I liked the idea, although the execution could've been better. Sadly, the on-foot sections were fairly uninteresting and the characters felt generic and lifeless when compared to the rich experience of Adventures. Assault was great in the conventional Star Fox aspect however. If the new game keeps what works in a game like Star Fox 64 but improves it's on-foot section to be more interesting, then you'll get a game that accomplishes what Assault didn't quite manage to. I'd love it if this happened.

Last I heard, there's two other projects that are developmentally related to Star Fox Wii U. One is Project Giant Robot and the other is Project Guard. I've looked both up but there's no indication that their development is under anyone but Miyamoto, but there's a chance they're related to some team that may be helping with more Star Fox stuff. Thing is, both those projects are gameplay experiments which is very much a Miyamoto thing. This could be where he's occupying himself while another team is working on stuff that's not so much his forte, such as details, story, etc.

I seriously hope there's some decent on-foot gameplay if only to further flesh out and develop the characters in the game. When everyone is in an Arwing it feels like there's a divide with the characters. I want missions where I can run around as Krystal for one or Slippy for another for a total unique experience. I'd love it if the whole campaign could be played where you're Falco instead of Fox for instance too. Or even Wolf. Imagine a special Wolf campaign that could be unlocked after the main game. These are awesome opportunities and I'm cautiously optimistic about them. Would be a shame if they weren't explored at the very least.

Wow, I really have a textwalling problem lately.
Honestly, just being able to choose your character would be great, maybe things could change depending on who you pick giving the game more replay value through the characters having different missions although they're together most of the time so it's not like it's something that's hard to do. I always wondered why they didn't do it with assault since the other characters are already playable in the multiplayer.

Also a star wolf campaign would be amazing. I always envisioned it as being similar to Sonic Adventure 2. A Star Fox and Star Wolf campaign where you play as Fox and Wolf who pilot arwings and play like the standard flight gameplay. Falco and Leon who are in Landmasters and Panther and Krystal who combine the on-foot gameplay of assault with Adventures melee combat.

That would never happen but I can dream god dammit

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Yeah, we shouldn't be forced to play as the 'hero'. It's honestly a big pet peeve of mine, especially in the Mario games where you have so many characters to choose from, they still force you to pick Mario most of the time. That's why I was pretty happy with Super Mario 3D World, because it included my two favorite Mario characters : Peach & Toad.

But it did bother me in Starfox Assault, how I couldn't play as Krystal. I suppose it does make sense from a story point of view, but it would have been interesting to play as Krystal in the final mission (maybe it's not the final mission but whatever) when she and Fox are on foot, or to play as Slippy when Fox is on the ground. Stuff like that would make the game much longer.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Honestly, just being able to choose your character would be great, maybe things could change depending on who you pick giving the game more replay value through the characters having different missions although they're together most of the time so it's not like it's something that's hard to do. I always wondered why they didn't do it with assault since the other characters are already playable in the multiplayer.

Also a star wolf campaign would be amazing. I always envisioned it as being similar to Sonic Adventure 2. A Star Fox and Star Wolf campaign where you play as Fox and Wolf who pilot arwings and play like the standard flight gameplay. Falco and Leon who are in Landmasters and Panther and Krystal who combine the on-foot gameplay of assault with Adventures melee combat.

That would never happen but I can dream god dammit
Totally! I can see a main campaign being the usual Fox lead main story, but then having a chance after beating the main story to play through it as Falco. The events will be the same, but as Falco you might have a chance to explore a different side-story or go to a mission area Fox couldn't reach. Maybe some missions Fox is on the ground and Falco is covering in the air and as Falco you get to experience covering Fox instead of running around as Fox.

Or you can just choose to play as anyone from the team mission to mission instead of having to pick a "Falco campaign" or a "Fox campaign". Maybe some levels have stuff only certain characters can discover and maybe different levels can be unlocked for these characters if they find something only they can find to finish a particular level in a unique way. May be a bit confusing but lets say there's a level where if you choose to lead with Krystal and at a certain point she senses an ambush and leads the team down a different path than any other character can choose. Finishing this level with Krystal unlocks a different level to play that you wouldn't have discovered otherwise. Likewise, on-foot missions could use differences in character abilities and skills to allow them to unlock new things. Maybe Slippy's tech skill allows him to unlock a door the other team members couldn't for instance and that leads to a new item or level direction. I think this kind of thing could work for any member of team Star Fox.

I think for Star Wolf though, an entirely separate campaign would be best. It would cross paths with team Star Fox at times of course, but an entirely unique campaign to play as reward for beating the game with Star Fox would be totally sweet. And maybe if you beat the Star Wolf campaign he becomes an optional team member to play as in any campaign which would create some really unique and fun dialogue. Wolf leading Star Fox, heh.

Wow, and I just thought, instead of just picking the character you want to lead the team as, you could pick your team as well. If the limit is a team of four and characters like Wolf could be unlocked, imagine playing a level where you lead the team as Wolf with Fox, Slippy, and Falco on your team. Just imagine the strained dialogue. It wouldn't need context because it would just be one of many ways to play a level, but it would be fun to hear them all arguing and Fox being upset that he's following Wolf, lol.

Yeah, there's just waaaaay too much potential in this game. So much that you'll find a lot of opportunities will probably be missed when it comes out. I kind of hope it's clear that it's far from done come E3 because I really want them to work on this game and make it amazing. If it's literally just a rail shooter with a unique way to control it and some gimmicky levels but no more depth than Star Fox 64, I'll be really disappointed honestly.

Sorry about that weird formatting in my last post btw. I edited it out.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Totally! I can see a main campaign being the usual Fox lead main story, but then having a chance after beating the main story to play through it as Falco. The events will be the same, but as Falco you might have a chance to explore a different side-story or go to a mission area Fox couldn't reach. Maybe some missions Fox is on the ground and Falco is covering in the air and as Falco you get to experience covering Fox instead of running around as Fox.

Or you can just choose to play as anyone from the team mission to mission instead of having to pick a "Falco campaign" or a "Fox campaign". Maybe some levels have stuff only certain characters can discover and maybe different levels can be unlocked for these characters if they find something only they can find to finish a particular level in a unique way. May be a bit confusing but lets say there's a level where if you choose to lead with Krystal and at a certain point she senses an ambush and leads the team down a different path than any other character can choose. Finishing this level with Krystal unlocks a different level to play that you wouldn't have discovered otherwise. Likewise, on-foot missions could use differences in character abilities and skills to allow them to unlock new things. Maybe Slippy's tech skill allows him to unlock a door the other team members couldn't for instance and that leads to a new item or level direction. I think this kind of thing could work for any member of team Star Fox.

I think for Star Wolf though, an entirely separate campaign would be best. It would cross paths with team Star Fox at times of course, but an entirely unique campaign to play as reward for beating the game with Star Fox would be totally sweet. And maybe if you beat the Star Wolf campaign he becomes an optional team member to play as in any campaign which would create some really unique and fun dialogue. Wolf leading Star Fox, heh.

Wow, and I just thought, instead of just picking the character you want to lead the team as, you could pick your team as well. If the limit is a team of four and characters like Wolf could be unlocked, imagine playing a level where you lead the team as Wolf with Fox, Slippy, and Falco on your team. Just imagine the strained dialogue. It wouldn't need context because it would just be one of many ways to play a level, but it would be fun to hear them all arguing and Fox being upset that he's following Wolf, lol.

Yeah, there's just waaaaay too much potential in this game. So much that you'll find a lot of opportunities will probably be missed when it comes out. I kind of hope it's clear that it's far from done come E3 because I really want them to work on this game and make it amazing. If it's literally just a rail shooter with a unique way to control it and some gimmicky levels but no more depth than Star Fox 64, I'll be really disappointed honestly.

Oh and maybe each character can have different abilities and stats which is what command did. For example, Krystal has twin lasers, with less smart bombs but more shields while Fox is basic. Slippy has multilock, less boost, more smart bombs etc.

It'd be cool and could change things up a decent amount

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Oh and maybe each character can have different abilities and stats which is what command did. For example, Krystal has twin lasers, with less smart bombs but more shields while Fox is basic. Slippy has multilock, less boost, more smart bombs etc.

It'd be cool and could change things up a decent amount
Yeah, giving the characters different attributes in the air and not just on-foot is a cool idea. Command only had vehicle missions but that notion of different attributes for each character's vehicles was a good idea... although I wasn't a fan of the wildly different designs for each Arwing.

Also, they gotta stay away from Command's story telling please. I want there to be many ways to play the game but I'd rather it all come to the same conclusion and not effect the main story much. Making decisions about who to play as should more just be either a preference or because there's a level that only this character can unlock this certain thing. Also, each level should stand on it's own just fine so that between levels only main story points will be in common in terms of dialogue. The fact that one level you lead as Wolf and then the next you lead as Slippy shouldn't effect the dialogue of the Slippy level. Basically, think about how Hyrule Warriors did it's story mode proper but then had a different mode where you could play any story level as any character. I'm thinking Star Fox could do this but still allow you to progress a campaign even if you're playing with unconventional characters. Maybe it's complicated and stuff. It's certainly a lot of work for a dev team. Just think of all the voice work they'd have to record for all this for instance. I'd love it, but I'm not holding my breath for this kind of depth.

Referencing Hyrule Warriors also reminded me that this game could have a pretty awesome co-op. Nintendo has done well to take advantage of the Wii U controller's screen for these sort of things, and it sounds like whole "cockpit view" thing that helps with controls apparently is an optional thing. Co-op where one player watches the TV and the other the Wii U controller screen is doable and I imagine it would be awesome. Just another idea to throw into the overflowing bag of possibilities... we can only expect so much to stay in that bag.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Yeah, giving the characters different attributes in the air and not just on-foot is a cool idea. Command only had vehicle missions but that notion of different attributes for each character's vehicles was a good idea... although I wasn't a fan of the wildly different designs for each Arwing.

Also, they gotta stay away from Command's story telling please. I want there to be many ways to play the game but I'd rather it all come to the same conclusion and not effect the main story much. Making decisions about who to play as should more just be either a preference or because there's a level that only this character can unlock this certain thing. Also, each level should stand on it's own just fine so that between levels only main story points will be in common in terms of dialogue. The fact that one level you lead as Wolf and then the next you lead as Slippy shouldn't effect the dialogue of the Slippy level. Basically, think about how Hyrule Warriors did it's story mode proper but then had a different mode where you could play any story level as any character. I'm thinking Star Fox could do this but still allow you to progress a campaign even if you're playing with unconventional characters. Maybe it's complicated and stuff. It's certainly a lot of work for a dev team. Just think of all the voice work they'd have to record for all this for instance. I'd love it, but I'm not holding my breath for this kind of depth.

Referencing Hyrule Warriors also reminded me that this game could have a pretty awesome co-op. Nintendo has done well to take advantage of the Wii U controller's screen for these sort of things, and it sounds like whole "cockpit view" thing that helps with controls apparently is an optional thing. Co-op where one player watches the TV and the other the Wii U controller screen is doable and I imagine it would be awesome. Just another idea to throw into the overflowing bag of possibilities... we can only expect so much to stay in that bag.
They didn't look too different though, at least for the main star fox team. The rest don't really matter

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
They didn't look too different though, at least for the main star fox team. The rest don't really matter
I feel like I remember Slippy's being really "fat". It looked like an F-117, heh. I mean, the variations were cool but it feels less like a team "squadron" I guess. It's really just a nitpick of mine. They are mercs though so it should make sense that they'd have different or customized ships. I basically like the idea of vehicles having different attributes but I can take or leave the idea that they need to look different too.

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Agreed, although aren't platinum working on some Xbone game?
I think you are referring to Scalebound, if I remember right.

I just fell in love with Assault yesterday as I rushed through it. However, as much as I like Krystal in this one, she didn't impress me enough to have me wanting her in Smash - or at least to have me knowing whether I want her in Smash or not. Could be fun, as long as she doesn't turn into a Robin or Ness rip-off because of staff/psychic powers.

Also, haven't played Command at all, I only read about its endings (the ninth one about the G-Zero race was hyper lame) today and all I gotta say is... Damn, this game made the SF crew so ugly, and Marcus's crew turned out even worse. If the possibility that we get to play as him and his team in the upcoming console game turns out to be real, I certainly hope the game's art design will make them look as attractive as the characters from this series were in the previous installments.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

I just fell in love with Assault yesterday as I rushed through it. However, as much as I like Krystal in this one, she didn't impress me enough to have me wanting her in Smash - or at least to have me knowing whether I want her in Smash or not. Could be fun, as long as she doesn't turn into a Robin or Ness rip-off because of staff/psychic powers.

Also, haven't played Command at all, I only read about its endings (the ninth one about the G-Zero race was hyper lame) today and all I gotta say is... Damn, this game made the SF crew so ugly, and Marcus's crew turned out even worse. If the possibility that we get to play as him and his team in the upcoming console game turns out to be real, I certainly hope the game's art design will make them look as attractive as the characters from this series were in the previous installments.
That's the one

jahkzheng

Smash Lord

Krystal isn't a "psychic" in the same vein as Robin or Ness. She doesn't possess visible powers. She's a telepath/empath. The most that gives her is a perception of what a person or people is/are thinking or feeling. In Smash the only way this skill is likely to manifest itself is in a counter or something like it.

Her staff play is physical mostly, but it's special abilities could be used as specials. She may well play somewhat like Ness or Lucas based on specials alone, since her most popular special sets include a fire attack and an ice attack, but that's about where the similarities end. Their utility could be similar to her game as they are to Ness/Lucas. In Adventures, her staff's fire attack could burn but it's more likely to behave like a projectile alone than Ness side B. The staff's ice attack was a cold blast of air more similar to the Ice Climbers down B and less like PK Freeze. And this is of course all assuming she'd even have these moves in Smash, or at least use them this way. There's more concern that she'll be like the other spacies. If she gets her staff, and plays vaguely similarly to Robin or Ness in terms of specials, then that's still a very unique character. And physical staff play and you get a character not quite like anyone really.

Krystal is basically just a team member in Assault, just like Falco. You don't get to see much of what they're about when it comes to what they could bring to Smash since you're always playing as Fox and you're mostly in a ship. Her character could use some more depth, yeah, but Assault did show that she's a capable team member that proves uniquely useful in some cases. Adventures is where most of the inspiration for a moveset for her comes from though. She's also, quite subjectively, likable. Many of the people here in this thread like her obviously, heh. And we can see that there's great potential for her character, not only in Smash with a staff, but just developmentally in her own series. It's not immediately clear to some why she'd be a good addition to Smash or why she's cool, but it's clear to enough people that she's still quite popular. She has more support internationally too.

I'm finding that many people here though are getting on board with 3rd party devs supporting their character's inclusion in Smash and that notion is swaying the discussion towards those characters. In terms of Nintendo properties, Krystal is easily still a top 5 newcomer in polls, and even when you add the popular third party characters, she's still up there a lot of the time cracking top 5 or hanging out just outside it.

I'm here because, first of all, I want her in Smash... but also because I can sense she's got a really good shot but needs a little push. Star Fox Wii U might be a really nice push for her also. She's top 3 newcomer DLC material when you take into account that she has no limiting factors, could be really unique, is still quite popular, is from an arguably underrepped series, and may be very relevant again in the near future thanks to the upcoming Star Fox game.

Last edited:

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I wasn't talking about an Adventure spin off. I meant them releasing Starfox Adventures with added content. Just like what they did with Wind Waker before they sent out Hyrule Warrriors. Though you can play the same game you can have an alternate story where Krystal is playable.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I wasn't talking about an Adventure spin off. I meant them releasing Starfox Adventures with added content. Just like what they did with Wind Waker before they sent out Hyrule Warrriors. Though you can play the same game you can have an alternate story where Krystal is playable.
So like, a "Star Fox Adventures HD"? Same game, just HD and a couple things added, one of them being the option to play the game as Krystal?

Enrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kyurian86
Eh, Adventures would need A LOT of TLC to be remastered. Outside of a lot of plot holes there was just... Bad or tedious crap in it that really didn't need to be there. Maybe I'm just jaded though! Like Adventures was so shockingly mediocre it's painful.

Though Krystal was designed to not just be completely encased in crystal originally even in the transition of it being a Starfox kind of game. She was supposed to help fox after I think the first Krazoa spirit fox brings back?

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So like, a "Star Fox Adventures HD"? Same game, just HD and a couple things added, one of them being the option to play the game as Krystal?
I wonder how they would tackle the story? It'd be pretty unusual to have Krystal and Fox's roles in the game swapped. That said, if they are to remake Star Fox Adventures, I would happily buy it.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
My idea for a Star Fox game, is simple, it's story based, the game explains some of the back story for the franchise, such as what happened to James, Star Wolf's formation, how Fox and Falco met, and Krystal's origin story, the gameplay will be similar to Tom Clancy's HAWX or Ace Combat, with shootouts and Krystal using her staff in cutscenes only, there are four stories to complete in the game, the regular campaign with Fox, Falco's story, Krystal's story, and Wolf's story, the stories differ in a few ways, but for the most part, cover the main parts of the game the same way, the origin stories are told through flashbacks and dreams (I E, Krystal having a flash back to her life on Cerinia or having a nightmare about Cerinia's destruction). But there's a catch, you have to beat Fox's story to unlock Falco's, and so on, Completing each story, entitles you to new maps for multiplayer, new costumes, and concept art. About the main story though, Command has been erased from the canon altogether, though Krystal and Fox do break up, the whole reason for their breakup, is to !make, the love interest storyline, much more realistic. Also, the orchestral soundtrack is only for boss battles, and the main title, the game's soundtrack consists of rock (Techno Rock, and regular rock, all instrumental,), Calm, mystical tunes for Krystal, a few reprises of classic Star Fox songs, and metal reprise of the Star Wolf theme, also Fox is depicted as a hybrid of his Adventures and Assault personalities, Krystal is depicted as a calm, kindhearted figure. Another idea is that Fox is revealed to be of Cerinian descent, which further enhances Krystal and Fox's relationship, implying that they are destined to be together

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I wonder how they would tackle the story? It'd be pretty unusual to have Krystal and Fox's roles in the game swapped. That said, if they are to remake Star Fox Adventures, I would happily buy it.
It could just be an option that was only a cosmetic change. There was an AR cheat that let you do this in the original I think. You'd essentially be Fox as Krystal saving yourself, if that makes sense.

Alternatively, you could make it so that she's led to believe that gathering spirits will save the planet with no "other character trapped in a crystal to save" subplot. She'd play Fox's role and never see the "true enemy". She'd always have her staff too rather than find it. She'd befriend Tricky and use her own ship to travel to the separated chunks of planet. You get the idea.

Foxy Renegade

Smash Cadet
So I was looking at some commentaries done over the unofficial early results list that was created a while back. This particular one ticked me off because of the severe hatred for Krystal and that unreasonable dislike hurts our cause. I don't mind when people say they aren't for her and name off reasoning, but it's just the blanket hatred because she has her reputation. So, if anyone feels like it you can light up the comment section. lol. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy1j8E0EwWQ)

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
So I was looking at some commentaries done over the unofficial early results list that was created a while back. This particular one ticked me off because of the severe hatred for Krystal and that unreasonable dislike hurts our cause. I don't mind when people say they aren't for her and name off reasoning, but it's just the blanket hatred because she has her reputation. So, if anyone feels like it you can light up the comment section. lol. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy1j8E0EwWQ)
What comments are you seeing. I only saw like one comment that was hating on Krystal and that was it.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07

That's something I have been thinking that a Starfox game should have an would really enhance the player's experience while playing the game to have a Campaign story. It would be the next evolved step in the series. I've always loved stories where it focuses on the same story from those characters point of views in different ways. That way, you'll learn what happened to them before it leads up to something big where they run into each other. This has been going on for quite a while whether it is in a movie or in video games. But I see it happen in video games more often. One perfect example of a IP that has been doing this is the Resident Evil franchise, but in the later games of the series like RE4, 5, 6 and Resident Evil Revelations 2 as an example. If something can be done like this for a Starfox game where you can play more than just Fox, then I'm all ears there. Because obviously each character would have unique traits and attributes that the other character doesn't have and certain missions that only a certain character can do. You know, the more I see on the Amiibos that Nintendo has been doing lately with the Smash series Amiibos, Super Mario series Amiibos, new Yoshi Amiibo lineup(based on the upcoming Wooly World) and now with the Splatoon Amiibos(figurines like the Smash and Super Mario series), I can really see them doing a Starfox Amiibo lineup(also as figurines) for sure especially with SF Wii U being compatible with them as Miyamoto confirmed it. Hopefully we'll hear that at E3 soon. BTW, guys here's something that you need to see I found online from the Krystal Archive website.

This was drawn by Takaya Imamura himself back in 2006.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I don't see anything really, but I wouldn't be surprised. I'm listening to the video to see what I hear. And about what they're discussing, I thought the so called "American" results were kind of guesswork. I never saw that the chart was made based on real poll data someone collected or even what kind of sample size we're talking about or where that sample was taken from. I'll edit in other thoughts after I've heard the rest.

About responding to Krystal hate.... a lot of it doesn't come with great reasoning. It's usually "I didn't like this game and because she was in it, I blame her!" or "ew furries, please no". There's not much to do in response to that. Best you can do is state your reasons for support, which will very likely be more thoughtful sounding at least. Don't be defensive either. Make your comment inviting to other supporters and if someone feels like crashing your comment with hate, just respond with a level mind. Perhaps ask them why they don't like her, see if they can come up with a good reason. Many will probably just explain that she's terrible because they didn't like Adventures or something. That's an opinion and it's more to do with the game than the character. Press more if you like or respectfully disagree if you at least got a reason from them. If they refuse reasoning and just want to bother your just down vote and ignore.

I almost never spend time on Youtube, comments at least, because it can be awfully toxic at times. Nearly as bad as Reddit, heh... a place I visit only when I'm linked there before immediately leaving after seeing what was of interest.

Edit: So, I heard the video and they barely mentioned Krystal. There were groans when she came up and it sounds like they didn't understand why she'd be high on the list... but that was it. I have no idea why they don't seem keen on her since they mentioned nothing. They moved on to other characters right away. Around 22:20 the most talkative guy sounds like he was about to say Krystal has a chance with the other top characters though. My bet is their reasons are probably the same as most people that dislike Krystal. It's a shame that at least one of them didn't have something nice to say of at least give a reason why she'd be up there on the list. Might just ask for more details in the Youtube comments, but probably not, because I don't actually care that much, heh.

But hey, they were far more vocal about hating some characters than they were Krystal. Krystal got a groan but many other characters got rants. I'd take a groan over a rant since a groan could also be a begrudging admission that she's got potential even if they aren't personally fans.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
That's something I have been thinking that a Starfox game should have an would really enhance the player's experience while playing the game to have a Campaign story. It would be the next evolved step in the series. I've always loved stories where it focuses on the same story from those characters point of views in different ways. That way, you'll learn what happened to them before it leads up to something big where they run into each other. This has been going on for quite a while whether it is in a movie or in video games. But I see it happen in video games more often. One perfect example of a IP that has been doing this is the Resident Evil franchise, but in the later games of the series like RE4, 5, 6 and Resident Evil Revelations 2 as an example. If something can be done like this for a Starfox game where you can play more than just Fox, then I'm all ears there. Because obviously each character would have unique traits and attributes that the other character doesn't have and certain missions that only a certain character can do. You know, the more I see on the Amiibos that Nintendo has been doing lately with the Smash series Amiibos, Super Mario series Amiibos, new Yoshi Amiibo lineup(based on the upcoming Wooly World) and now with the Splatoon Amiibos(figurines like the Smash and Super Mario series), I can really see them doing a Starfox Amiibo lineup(also as figurines) for sure especially with SF Wii U being compatible with them as Miyamoto confirmed it. Hopefully we'll hear that at E3 soon. BTW, guys here's something that you need to see I found online from the Krystal Archive website.

This was drawn by Takaya Imamura himself back in 2006.

I fear the idea may be too good to be true. To create depth like that would be a huge undertaking. Star Fox Wii U will likely be relatively simplistic since it's reviving the series and it's in Miyamoto's hands. But the console is powerful and there are expectations for the game. It needs to live up to at least some of it's potential to be successful. A game that's basically just "Star Fox 64 2" may not cut it because it doesn't stretch the game enough. I expect an "Assault 2" at least, which would be okay... but I think we could do better. I know they can do better, but we'll see what fraction of the absolutely massive potential this game has will be realized.

Nice pic btw. I have seen it before.

@[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

You somehow managed to put your comment in Wolfheart's quote.

Last edited:

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
I fear the idea may be too good to be true. To create depth like that would be a huge undertaking. Star Fox Wii U will likely be relatively simplistic since it's reviving the series and it's in Miyamoto's hands. But the console is powerful and there are expectations for the game. It needs to live up to at least some of it's potential to be successful. A game that's basically just "Star Fox 64 2" may not cut it because it doesn't stretch the game enough. I expect an "Assault 2" at least, which would be okay... but I think we could do better. I know they can do better, but we'll see what fraction of the absolutely massive potential this game has will be realized.

Nice pic btw. I have seen it before.

@[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer] and @[jahkzheng]
Yeah I know. As much as it would be an awesome idea, it is wishful thinking on our parts. Either way, all of us are going to enjoy Starfox Wii U no matter what once it's revealed to the world at E3. I can feel it and we all have waited a long time for this. As for the pic I posted there, I don't know if there is one for the Star Wolf team. That is what I was able to find.

You somehow managed to put your comment in Wolfheart's quote.

Last edited:
Top Bottom