• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Mind my death parade refrence but krystal is in a quincidem spot just like every other character. Of course we could see her but we might not. Now anyways onto actual stuff. So before i start i do want to say i know people love Snake but people Kojima is in a very bad state and uh that isnt a good idea (i mean cool if he comes but still). However we need some more campaign fuel. Now ive had a few ideas but are keeping them as "against all odds" since unless desperate measures are needed...however we do seem to be getting good support so hurray. But anyways keep up the good work.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Good News, I found the original source of that Krystal in 64 uniform art. Bad news is I had to scour through DA for it.

I wouldn't recommend it.

Still not as bad as that time a Tumblr reblogged one of my comics and when I checked it, turned out it was full of NSFW Gardevoir pictures.

Still feel unclean.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
Good News, I found the original source of that Krystal in 64 uniform art. Bad news is I had to scour through DA for it.

I wouldn't recommend it.

Still not as bad as that time a Tumblr reblogged one of my comics and when I checked it, turned out it was full of NSFW Gardevoir pictures.

Still feel unclean.
Ooooo, that's really snazzy! I'd love it if they did something like that in the new game.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord

I wouldn't recommend it.

Still feel unclean.
I found it easily right after it was posted in this thread a few pages back. The trick is...

- right-click open in another tab the image posted here
- copy the url of the image
- go to google images
- search based on image by clicking the camera icon and pasting in the url
- look for this image in more sizes
- grab the biggest one

Tada! And I never saw anything unsavory on deviantart at all.

Also, isn't it funny that the image was requested by a "Dragonheart07" and I believe it's "Wolfheart07" that has it in his sig now.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I found it easily right after it was posted in this thread a few pages back. The trick is...

- go to google images
- grab the biggest one

Wish I knew that sooner. Right now I need some eyeball bleach.

*shudder*

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07

- go to google images
- grab the biggest one

Also, isn't it funny that the image was requested by a "Dragonheart07" and I believe it's "Wolfheart07" that has it in his sig now.
Heh heh..about that, that name Dragonheart07 is actually the same person. In Deviantart, I go by the name Dragonheart07 and yes I was the one who "requested" that pic. While here as all of you know, I go by the name Wolfheart07. So yeah Dragonheart07 and Wolfheart07 are the same person which is me. ^^ Besides, the artist who drew that Krystal pic which you see it as my sig here goes by the name of JECBrush, he makes some of the best Starfox fanart you will ever see and here are some drawn by him that I requested/commissioned:

-Krystal/Miyu Taurs pic(birthday request)

-Fox McCloud Taur(commission)

-Fay Spaniel Taur(commission)

So what do you guys think? Feel free to see JECBrush's Deviantart page along with my DA page at http://dragonheart07.deviantart.com .

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
Heh heh..about that, that name Dragonheart07 is actually the same person. In Deviantart, I go by the name Dragonheart07 and yes I was the one who "requested" that pic. While here as all of you know, I go by the name Wolfheart07. So yeah Dragonheart07 and Wolfheart07 are the same person which is me. ^^ Besides, the artist who drew that Krystal pic which you see it as my sig here goes by the name of JECBrush, he makes some of the best Starfox fanart you will ever see and here are some drawn by him that I requested/commissioned:

So what do you guys think? Feel free to see JECBrush's Deviantart page along with my DA page at http://dragonheart07.deviantart.com .

I never quite understood the appeal of taurs. :/

But it is very well done, I won't take that from him. the detail and shading are fantastic.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord

Somehow I knew. Something told me it was more than mere coincidence and that's why I brought it up. My avatar has imparted a power upon me, evidently.

The art is great btw. I'd love to be able to do as well.

Taurs are weirding me out a bit though. It's probably because they're existing characters that don't normally look that way. Probably wouldn't be as weird if they were original characters. And the bodies are so big I'm like, "what kind of animal is that "taur" half supposed to be anyways?", since we know what animal their regular half is based on. It's like they're two halves of the same creature, but just a different size of that same creature. Like a big fox body with a smaller anthro fox head and torso on top. Which is weird because you'd think their regular anthro selves would be larger than a regular fox or whatever. I mean, you couldn't make a "foxtaur" out of a human because that would look even weirder since the fox is so small. That would be a really unfortunate creature that probably couldn't support it's huge human half. *Shudders* Yeeaahhh... I'm weirded out. Sorry, eheh. To each their own.

Now that I think about it, the lack of pants is weirding me out too, lol. I guess that's to be expected from that kind of creature though.

*clicks deviantart link and sees Slippy taur*

Oh..... dear god. Now, even you have to admit that's weird.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Let's get back to Smash related matters.

FINAL SMASH

What should it be? Flying on a Cloud Runner, causing a dinosaur stampede, Super Ground Quake?

Wait- I got it!

:troll:

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord

FINAL SMASH

What should it be? Flying on a Cloud Runner, causing a dinosaur stampede, Super Ground Quake?

Wait- I got it!

I would actually be okay with a Landmaster, and I'm not even joking. Final Smashes aren't all that anyways and Falco still has one. If anyone would be grabbing an Arwing it's him, but no... Landmaster. If Krystal got a Landmaster, I'm sure people would be throwing up their hands in outrage... but if every other part of her moveset was unique, I'd just be happy to have her. I think most of us can agree on that at least.

That said, I'd much rather she have something different.... but I'm not entirely sold on the whole Krazoa or Dinosaur based Final Smashes either. The staff just feels too good to pass up even though it's an Adventures icon, but her FS feels like it should have something more to do with her and not just an episode in her life when she was on Sauria. Silly perhaps. I personally don't have many ideas, but I'd like to think she could do something "Star Fox" related, as in the team, that wasn't the Landmaster. Maybe call the Great Fox to drop a barrage of bombs on the stage, although that seems more like something Fox should do, but no.... Landmaster. I've also thought it would be cool is she got picked up and rode on the wing of an Arwing and fired rockets. Maybe she could call Slippy to do that for her. Alternatively, she could also just hop in an Arwing. But again, it feels like Falco should do that of anyone, but no.... Landmaster.

Yeah, I don't have great ideas and I'm not a huge fan of many ideas for her either. It's one of the few places I'm genuinely stumped when it comes to Krystal's moveset. I'd hate it if Sakurai had the same problem and ditched her for that reason alone... because he doesn't want four Landmaster users in his game.

Sakurai, I'll accept another Landmaster as long as the rest of the moveset is unique! Please, for Krystal's sake! I accepted Wolf just fine. I didn't even care that he had a Landmaster too for some reason!

Oh, almost forgot. Star Fox Wii U could really give Krystal some more options. Maybe new vehicles, weapons, abilities, etc. She could do something we haven't even seen in the Star Fox series for her Final Smash.

Last edited:

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Somehow I knew. Something told me it was more than mere coincidence and that's why I brought it up. My avatar has imparted a power upon me, evidently.

The art is great btw. I'd love to be able to do as well.

Taurs are weirding me out a bit though. It's probably because they're existing characters that don't normally look that way. Probably wouldn't be as weird if they were original characters. And the bodies are so big I'm like, "what kind of animal is that "taur" half supposed to be anyways?", since we know what animal their regular half is based on. It's like they're two halves of the same creature, but just a different size of that same creature. Like a big fox body with a smaller anthro fox head and torso on top. Which is weird because you'd think their regular anthro selves would be larger than a regular fox or whatever. I mean, you couldn't make a "foxtaur" out of a human because that would look even weirder since the fox is so small. That would be a really unfortunate creature that probably couldn't support it's huge human half. *Shudders* Yeeaahhh... I'm weirded out. Sorry, eheh. To each their own.

Now that I think about it, the lack of pants is weirding me out too, lol. I guess that's to be expected from that kind of creature though.

*clicks deviantart link and sees Slippy taur*

Oh..... dear god. Now, even you have to admit that's weird.
Heh heh..it's just that besides being a Starfox fan myself, I've always liked the idea of taurs and have been fasciniated by those creatures from Greek mythology ever since I was a kid. What you saw there from those pics, it was my imagination there going wild and it was just for fun. Even the Slippy taur that you saw in the Deviantart gallery on my page, yeah as weird as it is, you got to admit at the same time, it is very unique in a way. No has attempted to do that especially for Slippy as a taur and I took that step and made it happen. In my DA gallery, they are in the section called "Starfox Taurs" and you'll see every Starfox character in there so far including Krystal herself as a taurs. But like I said, it was for fun and has nothing related for it on Smash. Just wanted to show it to you, my friends.

Now getting back into Smash regarding about Krystal, I have thought about what Krystal's Final Smash would be and it would be simple enough in a way. If they can't have her use something based off from Adventures, how about this? Remember Luigi's Final Smash from Brawl where he used the Negative Zone to envelop a barrier around him and anyone caught would get slowed down and take damage in the process? Since Krystal's a psychic, she can use something like that to encircle opponents with a barrier and anyone caught in it would start taking damage and move slow. However, her attacks would be enhanced which would cause even her Smash attacks could send them flying leading to KOs. What do you think, guys?

Last edited:

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
Now getting back into Smash regarding about Krystal, I have thought about what Krystal's Final Smash would be and it would be simple enough in a way. If they can't have her use something based off from Adventures, how about this? Remember Luigi's Final Smash from Brawl where he used the Negative Zone to envelop a barrier around him and anyone caught would get slowed down and take damage in the process? Since Krystal's a psychic, she can use something like that to encircle opponents with a barrier and anyone caught in it would start taking damage and move slow. However, her attacks would be enhanced which would cause even her Smash attacks could send them flying leading to KOs. What do you think, guys?

Oh, I like that! I had thought of her calling in an air raid, and a bunch of ships would just fly in and blast the hell out of the place. But maybe that would better suit Wolf (if he returns, fingers crossed). Krystal can do things the others can't and she ought to utilize it as much as possible. Plus it just sort of gels better with the rest of out proposed staff-based moveset than any ship or tank would.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Heh heh..it's just that besides being a Starfox fan myself, I've always liked the idea of taurs and have been fasciniated by those creatures from Greek mythology ever since I was a kid. What you saw there from those pics, it was my imagination there going wild and it was just for fun. Even the Slippy taur that you saw in the Deviantart gallery on my page, yeah as weird as it is, you got to admit at the same time, it is very unique in a way. No has attempted to do that especially for Slippy as a taur and I took that step and made it happen. In my DA gallery, they are in the section called "Starfox Taurs" and you'll see every Starfox character in there so far including Krystal herself as a taurs. But like I said, it was for fun and has nothing related for it on Smash. Just wanted to show it to you, my friends.

I really like that idea! Since most of the time the Final Smash balls increases most of the Fighters abilities higher then what they already are, like Mario's or Wi Fit Trainer's that the Psychic barrier along with enhanced attack strength would work out really nicely!

jahkzheng

Smash Lord

You commission all that though right? Or are some of those your own work? Either way, yeah, they are unique. I like mythological creatures too, but I'd never thought to cross them with characters from Star Fox or things like that. Anthro characters are already like an animal human mashup and taurs are the same, so it's like mashing the mashups. Bit weird yeah, but certainly unique and outside the box.

About that Final Smash. I could see it working in a way. It just has to be clear that Krystal isn't slowing down time, because she doesn't have that capability. She's a telepath/empath and her abilities are limited to reading thoughts or emotions. Maybe if it was clear that she wasn't actually slowing down time but was rather going into a zen state where her perceptions of what everyone was thinking were enhanced and she could run around punishing freely since she perceived everyone's planned actions. Can't remember what game it is now, but there's a game where you can use a sort of "perception mode" where things slow down and you can combo faster and pinpoint enemy weak spots easier. Might be Assassin's Creed or Batman or something like that. Something like that could work for Krystal. I wouldn't be so much a fan of her going all Ness or Mewtwo on us though since I've always liked that she's telepathic but not a silly overpowered psychic with energy manipulation and telekinesis. Makes her more relatable and "human"... as silly as that sounds when describing a "fox".

Last edited:

Foxy Renegade

Smash Cadet
I hate to say it, but I don't support the negative-zone Final Smash at all. It was horrendous in Brawl and I'd rather not do that to Krystal. lol. Remember, Final Smashes don't necessarily have to be realistically something the character does. It can be exaggerations of their skills or something that can relate to them. I don't know that I've ever seen some of the Final Smashes happen in any of the characters' games.

That said, you could do something like creating a massive crystal that falls on the middle of the stage (an exaggeration of the staff's ice abilities while also relating to what happened specifically to her in Adventures). I'd rather not do another Landmaster just because of how repetitive it is at this point. Perhaps she could call on Panther and Leon (since she did join Star Wolf for a bit and ultimately only uses them). That could be a way to incorporate those characters as well, or maybe instead call on Peppy and Slippy. She is a very social/helping character so I could definitely see her FS being something that brings others in for assistance. Be it Star Fox members, Star Wolf members, or even dinosaurs. I just don't see her being a soloist...because she ends up in a crystal. lol

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I thought of a gimmick for Krystal. It would be basically in her customization. She essentially has three main sources for movesets. Staff, psychic abilities, and guns. What if in her customization she had one for each special?

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
For her Final Smash, I guess she could use Psychic powers by getting possessed by the Krazoa Spirits, but otherwise I wouldn't recommand it. She is a telepath, she can't do telekinesis and the like.

Foxy Renegade

Smash Cadet
I actually like the possession. I could see her eyes turning blue and her just wreaking havoc. And I was thinking the same in terms of her using all her assets. I believe that she should be a combination of hand-to-hand with the staff for some aspects, but use a blaster for others maybe. I believe that she should have a counter because it plays off her ability to foresee things. I'll type out my recommended move-set when I have more time.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I actually like the possession. I could see her eyes turning blue and her just wreaking havoc. And I was thinking the same in terms of her using all her assets. I believe that she should be a combination of hand-to-hand with the staff for some aspects, but use a blaster for others maybe. I believe that she should have a counter because it plays off her ability to foresee things. I'll type out my recommended move-set when I have more time.
Be careful to be clear that she's not "future seeing" when she foresees things. It's more that she sees the mind of opponent before they've acted on their thoughts. They still need to think about their action before she can see their plan. It's a bit of a nitpick, but you'll see people argue that she's not "psychic" in that way if you use a term like "foresee".

Enrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kyurian86
Man I'm really jealous of people that are artsing it up in this thread. It's actually inspired me a little to do a bit of my own sort of talents. (Not that great mind you!) I still need to learn editing better.

But that's besides the point! I've gone and made a video pleading to people to vote for Krystal! I hope you all like it. Thanks to @ Sage of Ice Sage of Ice for allowing me to use the Vote for Krystal picture as well! I think that is what really makes it.

I know my editing needs work, but like all I've ever done with let's plays and syncing up audio and audio balancing. >.< I just need to make more videos and screw around with Vegas more.

Last edited:

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
Man I'm really jealous of people that are artsing it up in this thread. It's actually inspired me a little to do a bit of my own sort of talents. (Not that great mind you!) I still need to learn editing better.

But that's besides the point! I've gone and made a video pleading to people to vote for Krystal! I hope you all like it. Thanks to @ Sage of Ice Sage of Ice for allowing me to use the Vote for Krystal picture as well! I think that is what really makes it.

I know my editing needs work, but like all I've ever done with let's plays and syncing up audio and audio balancing. >.< I just need to make more videos and screw around with Vegas more.
omg.png

that turned out great ^^

could i make a tiny request though? I would rather you linked to my FA or tumblr page rather than here, since I'm more active in those places.

DeNice

Smash Cadet
NNID
DeNice1776
3DS FC
2509-1398-2342
In regards to all this talk about the Final Smash, for the idea that has her tune up her psychic powers, you gotta remember that Smash isn't a canon representation of what all these characters are capable of. Just look at Ness and Lucas from MOTHER. If I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure nearly all of their special moves don't come from them personally but from their party friends and in Smash-canon they taught the two how to use them for Smash battles. I don't see anything wrong with Krystal's abilities getting a fiction boost. That tends to happen in big crossover games anyways (hiya Marvel vs Capcom series).

I personally envision Krystal as a cross between her Assault and Adventures self, so I sorta rethought that her Final Smash would lean more towards her Adventures self and utilize the Krazoas somehow to incapacitate her targets and then tack it off with some firepower from her piloting her Arwing or using some of the weapons from Assault. I sorta seeing it best used in a quick cutscene FS like Captain Falcon and Duck Hunt that requires a initial hit to get the rest to complete or else the attack just fails. Just throwing in my own bit of ideas since that's the hot topic right now.

Last edited:

Foxy Renegade

Smash Cadet
Be careful to be clear that she's not "future seeing" when she foresees things. It's more that she sees the mind of opponent before they've acted on their thoughts. They still need to think about their action before she can see their plan. It's a bit of a nitpick, but you'll see people argue that she's not "psychic" in that way if you use a term like "foresee".
In this case she does foresee because she is able to read the mind of her opponent before they are able to act on their thoughts. Therefore, she foresees the action that is about to happen and counters it. But yes, you are right that she doesn't see the future, just as far as the thoughts of her opponents can take her. Still, an excellent reasoning for her having a counter rather than a deflector such as Fox or Falco.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

FINAL SMASH

Wait- I got it!

Replace the tank gun/nose with Krystal's staff, and I'd honestly be okay with this.

-

I'm also surprised more people haven't suggested this:

Rather than be a "simple reflector" ala typical Star Fox motif, I could see it being used as a limited use "shield" that negates damage entirely, similar to the start-up of Wolf's reflector, or even something like Pit's Mirror Shield (in Brawl) and Guardian Orbitars (in Smash 4).

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
In this case she does foresee because she is able to read the mind of her opponent before they are able to act on their thoughts. Therefore, she foresees the action that is about to happen and counters it. But yes, you are right that she doesn't see the future, just as far as the thoughts of her opponents can take her. Still, an excellent reasoning for her having a counter rather than a deflector such as Fox or Falco.
It's just the connotation of "foresee" that's the sticking point since it's associated with visions of the future. Your meaning is clear, but the word "foresee" itself is what might carry implications.

Replace the tank gun/nose with Krystal's staff, and I'd honestly be okay with this.

-

I'm also surprised more people haven't suggested this:

Rather than be a "simple reflector" ala typical Star Fox motif, I could see it being used as a limited use "shield" that negates damage entirely, similar to the start-up of Wolf's reflector, or even something like Pit's Mirror Shield (in Brawl) and Guardian Orbitars (in Smash 4).
I'll admit that I have thought of this option but I was afraid to approach it since many would claim it to be a reflector derivative and the general desire is to make Krystal as original as possible. I don't have a particular issue with it myself though. I could see her having an alt down B that could do this. I prefer the counter idea slightly more, in particular a unique one that might lead into a command grab or something. I know counters aren't that original either, but people are more prone to compare Krystal to the other Star Fox characters anyways. I will say I like this idea more than the quake idea which I feel could easily be a down smash and isn't as useful a special with special properties. Krystal should have at least one defensive special imo, and reflector/counters fit that bill well.

I've also heard people mention this being her shield, obviously being a unique shield like Yoshi's for instance. That idea is appealing too, but seems like a special attribute for her that is unlikely to be implemented when Sakurai and co could just give her the regular shield 95% of the cast has. A shame I'd assume this since it would be cool if Krystal got a unique shielding mechanic as long as it wasn't brokenly good or bad.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Yes, she needs to be different from Fox and Falco (and more then likely Wolf) in order for her to not receive all of the hate for being another Fox "clone" and I totally agree on giving her a counter of sorts. Would instantly set her apart from all the other Star Fox characters who only have a reflector in their Down Special.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
My idea for Krystal's Final Smash is different, I call it Krazoa Possession, Basically all six Krazoa Spirits fly into her, healing her damage completely, and for 5 seconds, her damage threshold is increased, as well as her damage output being increased exponentially. I also think a a great idea would be giving Krystal the ability to change fighting styles mid match, such as changing between the weapons from SF:Assault, to using magic.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
My idea for Krystal's Final Smash is different, I call it Krazoa Possession, Basically all six Krazoa Spirits fly into her, healing her damage completely, and for 5 seconds, her damage threshold is increased, as well as her damage output being increased exponentially. I also think a a great idea would be giving Krystal the ability to change fighting styles mid match, such as changing between the weapons from SF:Assault, to using magic.
Yeah, that moveset idea has been described early in this thread. The "stance" change idea basically. One option gives Krystal use of her staff while the other gives her use of guns, bombs, etc from Assault. It's an ideal moveset in some ways because it takes advantage of a ton of her potential. At the same time, it's nearly as complex as a transformation like Zelda/Sheik, and we know those aren't a thing any more. As cool as it is in theory, I think it's very unlikely to happen if Krystal gets included. She has a much greater chance of gaining moveset variability from her customs. There's other less "heavy" gimmicks she could use more related to the kind of things Robin and Little Mac do. Gimmicks that wouldn't be too much of a stretch to imagine Sakurai and co adding. And of course, she could also not have a special gimmick and her uniqueness will lie in a basic moveset around a very unique weapon with unique abilities in the staff. However she gets in, I'll be happy she's in at all... just, she better at least be as unique as Wolf was. Seems more than likely if the staff is used at all.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Yeah, that moveset idea has been described early in this thread. The "stance" change idea basically. One option gives Krystal use of her staff while the other gives her use of guns, bombs, etc from Assault. It's an ideal moveset in some ways because it takes advantage of a ton of her potential. At the same time, it's nearly as complex as a transformation like Zelda/Sheik, and we know those aren't a thing any more. As cool as it is in theory, I think it's very unlikely to happen if Krystal gets included. She has a much greater chance of gaining moveset variability from her customs. There's other less "heavy" gimmicks she could use more related to the kind of things Robin and Little Mac do. Gimmicks that wouldn't be too much of a stretch to imagine Sakurai and co adding. And of course, she could also not have a special gimmick and her uniqueness will lie in a basic moveset around a very unique weapon with unique abilities in the staff. However she gets in, I'll be happy she's in at all... just, she better at least be as unique as Wolf was. Seems more than likely if the staff is used at all.
There is a way Sakurai could get around that, by her carrying the weapons in a backpack, and pulling the weapons out of her backpack during the stance change. And what do you think of my FS idea. Guys I also have spread the word, to my buddies on Fanfiction.net

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Problem is, they wouldn't have her moveset chance that drastically. They outright said they don't want people to have to learn multiple movesets any more to use a character effectively. I'd imagine it'd still apply here.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Problem is, they wouldn't have her moveset chance that drastically. They outright said they don't want people to have to learn multiple movesets any more to use a character effectively. I'd imagine it'd still apply here.
Point taken, though I am serious, I did ask my friends on FanFiction.net to vote for Krystal

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
There is a way Sakurai could get around that, by her carrying the weapons in a backpack, and pulling the weapons out of her backpack during the stance change. And what do you think of my FS idea
Well that works fine if her moveset is a mixed moveset anyways. But the stance change and entirely changing the appearance and function of all her specials but one, and possibly her standard attacks too, is a lot of data attached to one character. It's not so much that she'd change appearance, but rather her data would be bulky due to all the moves. It would be like a semi-transformation really, but that's a lot more than any other character has. And I'm not even sure how customs would work if Krystal had 7 working default specials. She'd end up with not just 12 possible specials, but 21. Although, if Down B was the transformation, for instance, perhaps it wouldn't have any customs and it would always just be "Stance Change". This would mean Krystal would have 18 specials to choose from and one "locked in" special in "Stance Change" for 19. You can see there's a lot of unprecedented stuff in this moveset. It would be awesome, no doubt. Just seems like a bit much to hope, and I don't need her to be that busy anyways.

Here's my opinion on Final Smashes for Krystal in general, btw...
I would actually be okay with a Landmaster, and I'm not even joking. Final Smashes aren't all that anyways and Falco still has one. If anyone would be grabbing an Arwing it's him, but no... Landmaster. If Krystal got a Landmaster, I'm sure people would be throwing up their hands in outrage... but if every other part of her moveset was unique, I'd just be happy to have her. I think most of us can agree on that at least.

That said, I'd much rather she have something different.... but I'm not entirely sold on the whole Krazoa or Dinosaur based Final Smashes either. The staff just feels too good to pass up even though it's an Adventures icon, but her FS feels like it should have something more to do with her and not just an episode in her life when she was on Sauria. Silly perhaps. I personally don't have many ideas, but I'd like to think she could do something "Star Fox" related, as in the team, that wasn't the Landmaster. Maybe call the Great Fox to drop a barrage of bombs on the stage, although that seems more like something Fox should do, but no.... Landmaster. I've also thought it would be cool is she got picked up and rode on the wing of an Arwing and fired rockets. Maybe she could call Slippy to do that for her. Alternatively, she could also just hop in an Arwing. But again, it feels like Falco should do that of anyone, but no.... Landmaster.

Yeah, I don't have great ideas and I'm not a huge fan of many ideas for her either. It's one of the few places I'm genuinely stumped when it comes to Krystal's moveset. I'd hate it if Sakurai had the same problem and ditched her for that reason alone... because he doesn't want four Landmaster users in his game.

Sakurai, I'll accept another Landmaster as long as the rest of the moveset is unique! Please, for Krystal's sake! I accepted Wolf just fine. I didn't even care that he had a Landmaster too for some reason!

Oh, almost forgot. Star Fox Wii U could really give Krystal some more options. Maybe new vehicles, weapons, abilities, etc. She could do something we haven't even seen in the Star Fox series for her Final Smash.
More specifically, I'm not hugely attached to Final Smash ideas that directly reference Adventures. I know her staff is from Adventures, but even so you get this distinct feeling that the staff was always hers and still is hers even if we haven't seen it. The events she was involved in with Adventures though are just events. She doesn't have a continual relationship with the Krazoa Spirits that would allow her to summon them at will necessarily. At least there's no indication of that. They are attached to Sauria though and not to Krystal. Now, I know there's plenty of non-canon or incidental Final Smashes that work alright and at least Krazoa Spirits would reference something Krystal was once involved in... but if possible I'd like if they used something that referenced her character more for a Final Smash and less something that once happened to her. Plus I think you've mentioned your idea to me before and my comment then included, "I don't want her going all Andross on us" since using the Spirits for a destructive purpose seems like a very "un-Krystal" thing to do.

And, for the record, I'm not a huge fan of Final Smashes that don't seem to reference the origin character or game well in general... unless it's a character with very little to work with already. There's a number of them in the game already with varying degrees of dissonance with the character's abilities or origins. For instance: Luigi's vacuum makes sense since he owns that thing or variations of it in the Luigi's Mansion games. Negative Zone did not make sense on the other hand.

This all said, I don't really care about Final Smashes much since I hardly use them and I'd take "Landmaster" for Krystal even, if it just meant she was playable with at least a mostly unique moveset. As much as I have reasons to feel "eh" about a Krazoa Final Smash, at the end of the day I'd totally accept it since Krystal would be in Smash.

An odd notion given customs. I think it's more to do with avoiding "default complexity" like transformation characters had in Brawl. Customs allow for many different movesets that people have to learn still, but at least you don't have to worry about seeing them all in one match because the character can freely change from one moveset to another midmatch.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
An odd notion given customs. I think it's more to do with avoiding "default complexity" like transformation characters had in Brawl. Customs allow for many different movesets that people have to learn still, but at least you don't have to worry about seeing them all in one match because the character can freely change from one moveset to another midmatch.
Plus, special attacks are only 1/6 of a character's moveset. What they wanted to avoid was a situation like the Pokemon trainer, where you literally had to learn three characters just to use any of them effectively. I'd imagine one character with two distinct movesets would work the same way.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Besides, one would think that DLC characters won't be worked on as much as the characters that were decided to be on the roster in the 'original game'. I don't see them busting their behinds to create the most original fighter yet, I mean, we have to be realistic.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Plus, special attacks are only 1/6 of a character's moveset. What they wanted to avoid was a situation like the Pokemon trainer, where you literally had to learn three characters just to use any of them effectively. I'd imagine one character with two distinct movesets would work the same way.
Yeah, and I get the feeling that if Krystal got a stance change, it would be more than just something that would change her specials. The idea that she'd use the staff in one situation and then not in another implies that the stance where the staff isn't out, she'd be using something other than her staff for her standards. May as well be a transformation at that point.

Customs account for only specials, yeah, but the unique combinations you can learn and utilize is pretty huge. Although, you can choose to learn just one custom set if you like. It's your opponents that have to be familiar though, or you if you have to face some random custom set. At least when you fought or used a Zelda you only had to deal with Zelda and Sheik moves and although that's a lot of moves to be familiar with, they never changed. Now you can fight a Zelda and even if you've fought Zelda before many times in many different combinations, you can still run into a combination you've not faced that's got a unique set up against you. It's just specials but you can literally face 81 slightly different versions of the same character. It is slight, but it can be enough that they have something you haven't seen. Of course, already certain custom sets have preference so you can get used to those, but the true potential meta could be silly because all it takes is some random guy discovering something unique in an unconventional set to catch you by surprise.

Besides, one would think that DLC characters won't be worked on as much as the characters that were decided to be on the roster in the 'original game'. I don't see them busting their behinds to create the most original fighter yet, I mean, we have to be realistic.
Exactly. It's why the stance change moveset is unfortunately unrealistic. Still, you never know. Sakurai and team have been known to surprise. From what we've seen of DLC so far though, it looks like they're not getting "too" inventive. I mean, Lucas and Mewtwo appear to be exactly as we remember them. They are vets of course, but they're also setting a standard for DLC. I expect newcomer DLC to be original but fairly standard and not too adventurous.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Ang vote for Wolf is essentially a wasted vote, I think the ballot leak is fake though, Geno is listed as a first party character, when in reality Square Enix owns the rights to any character introduced in the Super Mario RPG games

Top Bottom