• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

MainJPW

M.T.A
Hmm, mewtwo has no customs, which will probably affect all dlc characters, making vets more bland imo.

So this would mean krystal for sure would get her staff.

Also with that reddit leak going around, if roy and ryu are true, It may seem that vets like wolf and roy will be added in and were probably chosen before the ballot, idk the desl about ryu tho. But if this is true, krystals chances increase with wolf out of the way and the ballot still in place.
Maybe customs for DLCs' will come with later updates?

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Maybe customs for DLCs' will come with later updates?
Hmm..that's quite odd. First time I see that for a character to not have customs. So I guess this would be the same for Lucas coming up in June and most likely the same for Wolf (next logical choice for the DLC veterans). As for Krystal, this makes her chances as a DLC newcomer even better and most likely go with her staff. What boggles me is that of Ryu(Street Fighter). I think with one Capcom character in the roster is more than enough. Btw, is there a link where it has a screen shot to show where Mewtwo is in the roster for both the 3DS and the Wii U versions?

MainJPW

M.T.A
Hmm..that's quite odd. First time I see that for a character to not have customs. So I guess this would be the same for Lucas coming up in June and most likely the same for Wolf (next logical choice for the DLC veterans). As for Krystal, this makes her chances as a DLC newcomer even better and most likely go with her staff. What boggles me is that of Ryu(Street Fighter). I think with one Capcom character in the roster is more than enough. Btw, is there a link where it has a screen shot to show where Mewtwo is in the roster for both the 3DS and the Wii U versions?
Here they are,

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Here they are,

Ugh, the bottom row isn't centred. CURSE YOU SAKURAI

Also I'm just gonna copy this from the wolf thread in regards to the leak

You guys have heard the theme right, ryu's sounds like it was ripped from the SNES and I don't think it was even remixed while Roy's is the same as marth's anyway.

I'm sorry but I don't by this for a second

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I'm not buying it either. A setup like that is too easy to fake if you have the means, and didn't we all see with Omni's Rayman hoax how elaborate fakes can be?

Besides, I don't think it affects the likeliness of Wolf already being in development. Seems pretty likely just based on what we know.

DeNice

Smash Cadet
NNID
DeNice1776
3DS FC
2509-1398-2342
I'm not going to count out the possibility or FE's Roy or even Ryu making it, but after the Rayman ruse from the other month I refuse to believe any Smash-related "leaks" or rumors anymore, no matter how convincing the source is. What interests me about today's patch is Mewtwo's placement on both character select screens. Not only is he not grouped with the rest of the Mons, he's literally the last slot, which brings me to believe what I always thought of; you can't put a limit on how many characters will ultimately added on DLC or try to predict it due to series representation because even with the addition of Lucas anyone else added after him MUST alter the whole screen in some way on both versions or make another row. I'm not as worried about number restrictions anymore now that I'm seeing it unfold. Let's keep this Krystal support train going, guys, this may just looking even more up by the day.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
O
I'm not going to count out the possibility or FE's Roy or even Ryu making it, but after the Rayman ruse from the other month I refuse to believe any Smash-related "leaks" or rumors anymore, no matter how convincing the source is. What interests me about today's patch is Mewtwo's placement on both character select screens. Not only is he not grouped with the rest of the Mons, he's literally the last slot, which brings me to believe what I always thought of; you can't put a limit on how many characters will ultimately added on DLC or try to predict it due to series representation because even with the addition of Lucas anyone else added after him MUST alter the whole screen in some way on both versions or make another row. I'm not as worried about number restrictions anymore now that I'm seeing it unfold. Let's keep this Krystal support train going, guys, this may just looking even more up by the day.
You're right, our favorite blue vixen is looking more and more likely to be in Smash as DLC each day

Foxy Renegade

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I don't necessarily buy this either. Yeah, it could be true, but how easily this could be faked makes me cautious. Not to mention these hoaxes do serve a large purpose for character support. When these hoaxes appear support for the character(s) it supports come out of the woodwork. It's possible that it's real, but I absolutely don't want to believe they are going to bring back Roy as another FE rep before they do anything else.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Yeah, I don't necessarily buy this either. Yeah, it could be true, but how easily this could be faked makes me cautious. Not to mention these hoaxes do serve a large purpose for character support. When these hoaxes appear support for the character(s) it supports come out of the woodwork. It's possible that it's real, but I absolutely don't want to believe they are going to bring back Roy as another FE rep before they do anything else.
I know right, and Ryu is unlikely to be in Smash, we already have three 3rd parties and that's enough, besides if Smash got another Capcom character, I want it to be Leon Kennedy from Resident Evil

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Just got the trophy "Can't Get Enough of Your Stuff", but when I first read it I thought I saw "Can't Get Enough of Your Staff" and my first thought was, "What? Someone gave me a trophy for supporting Krystal?". Didn't help that Krystal's face is looking back at me on my alerts page. She put this thought in my head, although only for half a second before I realized what the message really said. "I Can't Get Enough of Your Staff" is what I'll be saying if Krystal becomes playable, heh. I so want to experience that unique playstyle on a character I really like.

PMMikey

To be the best~
NNID
PMMikey
3DS FC
1478-6360-4387
I completely support Krystal joining smash, though I've already placed my vote. I hope either Ivysaur, Krystal, Vaati come into play.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
I know right, and Ryu is unlikely to be in Smash, we already have three 3rd parties and that's enough, besides if Smash got another Capcom character, I want it to be Leon Kennedy from Resident Evil
Yeah that file I saw there for Ryu from the 3DS version of Smash 4, that sounds too good to be true. So not only I'm very skeptical on it, I'm not buying it either. Besides, I think that Mega Man is more than enough for the Capcom lineup. He was more requested than Ryu himself. Even with that of Roy I won't buy it either. Because 4 FE characters is more than enough and not to mention that he is a clone to Marth. Putting a 5th FE character in there would be overkill. However, this doesn't stop any chances for us to have Wolf and Krystal to make it into the DLC roster. In fact, this makes it better for all of us since their chances to make it in as we all know is great and all. Speaking of that, I finally got Mewtwo downloaded in my Wii U and 3DS versions of Smash 4. Hopefully I'll be able to play him soon this weekend. As for where he is in the roster, with him on the very bottom part, I take it that the rest of the DLC characters will come out from the bottom there as well in the future and I've noticed that his download in both versions might have taken only 64 KB from each version. So I have a feeling that the rest of the DLC characters will follow the same way on it in data size to download in both versions. So from the looks of it, it is a really good possibility that if we get only DLC characters(very likely and nothing else), after Lucas, we can expect around 1 more veteran(very likely candidate to be Wolf) and the other 3 will be newcomers(from the ballot still going on with Krystal, K. Rool and Isaac being the top highly requested characters). That's why I believe that there doing the veterans first for DLC to get them out of the way because not only have they been in a Smash game before as playable characters, but their data is easy to port and also explains why it wouldn't take that long to bring them out. Why do you think that Lucas is coming out in June? With Wolf being next in line as the most likely candidate after Lucas, he'll pretty much remain unchanged in moveset wise and he will be a good way to promote the upcoming SF Wii U game in the process. After the ballot ends in October, with SF Wii U most likely going for a Holiday 2015 release, what could work is that if Krystal is one of the newcomer DLC, she would be a promotion to obtain when the newest entry in the series comes out at the same time. K. Rool would be logical at the same time especially with Donkey Kong 64 being available to download in the Wii U. What do you guys think?

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I think it makes sense, but hopefully we get even more than three newcomers. i also do agree that with DK64 being released, the people who didn't know who K. Rool was will probably take a liking to him so in my opinion it's very likely that this green and obese crocodile will grace our screens as a fighter (yay !).

I sincerely doubt they are going to include another 3rd party representative, it doesn't seem very smart marketing wise to me because while they will sell, it will be better for the concurrence than for Nintendo themselves. As for Roy, well, they better rework him completely and keep the same voice if they are going to include him. I don't really miss him that much and he's very lame in his own game sooo...yeah.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Yeah that file I saw there for Ryu from the 3DS version of Smash 4, that sounds too good to be true. So not only I'm very skeptical on it, I'm not buying it either. Besides, I think that Mega Man is more than enough for the Capcom lineup. He was more requested than Ryu himself. Even with that of Roy I won't buy it either. Because 4 FE characters is more than enough and not to mention that he is a clone to Marth. Putting a 5th FE character in there would be overkill. However, this doesn't stop any chances for us to have Wolf and Krystal to make it into the DLC roster. In fact, this makes it better for all of us since their chances to make it in as we all know is great and all. Speaking of that, I finally got Mewtwo downloaded in my Wii U and 3DS versions of Smash 4. Hopefully I'll be able to play him soon this weekend. As for where he is in the roster, with him on the very bottom part, I take it that the rest of the DLC characters will come out from the bottom there as well in the future and I've noticed that his download in both versions might have taken only 64 KB from each version. So I have a feeling that the rest of the DLC characters will follow the same way on it in data size to download in both versions. So from the looks of it, it is a really good possibility that if we get only DLC characters(very likely and nothing else), after Lucas, we can expect around 1 more veteran(very likely candidate to be Wolf) and the other 3 will be newcomers(from the ballot still going on with Krystal, K. Rool and Isaac being the top highly requested characters). That's why I believe that there doing the veterans first for DLC to get them out of the way because not only have they been in a Smash game before as playable characters, but their data is easy to port and also explains why it wouldn't take that long to bring them out. Why do you think that Lucas is coming out in June? With Wolf being next in line as the most likely candidate after Lucas, he'll pretty much remain unchanged in moveset wise and he will be a good way to promote the upcoming SF Wii U game in the process. After the ballot ends in October, with SF Wii U most likely going for a Holiday 2015 release, what could work is that if Krystal is one of the newcomer DLC, she would be a promotion to obtain when the newest entry in the series comes out at the same time. K. Rool would be logical at the same time especially with Donkey Kong 64 being available to download in the Wii U. What do you guys think?

From my understanding, the evidence is in favor of that rumor having some truth to it. But you never can be 100% sure with these sorts of things until the proof is evident. For now I'm kind of hopeful it's not really true, but I've already prepared myself to accept it. It's not that I don't think this might be good for the chances of other characters down the road in some way, it's just that the characters themselves seem like poor choices, especially if we're only getting a few more characters. In a way, getting a character like Ryu on the roster only makes sense to me if we're getting a lot of extra DLC, because if not then it seems like a really poor decision to add a character with almost no existing demand as DLC. It also could be some business thing where Capcom pushed for Ryu because the next Street Fighter will be on Wii U or something and maybe a Smash character will appear in it. I have no idea. Either way, there could be absolutely no logic to this and this rumor we're hearing could account for all the DLC we'll get other than the ballot winner... which would be super disappointing.

I agree with Princess Toady though, I hope we get more than just 4 extra characters even if this rumor is true. The more the better especially if random unrequested characters are getting in.

Also, I think that Krystal has a great shot even if she doesn't coincide with Star Fox Wii U. The games release may up her demand even more. At least it likely would for most people, but there'd likely be a group that wouldn't like her still. It all depends on her representation in Star Fox Wii U. Could be huge for her and show her to be awesome with character depth we haven't seen, or it could be scant with her practically cameoing, or the unthinkable... she wouldn't show at all. The last really is unthinkable for me, but you never know what dumb decision Miyamoto might make, heh.

My hope is that come E3 we don't just see more gameplay for Star Fox Wii U. I want to see a trailer that prominently features the members of the Star Fox team in beautiful HD. Something like them all flying off a planet and Fox saying "All ships report" and then having the team call in one after the other and we get to see each of them sitting in their ship before they fly over the horizon of the planet they just left and head toward the Great Fox in the distance. That would be hype. Yeah, I'd be into that. The trailer would get Krystal support going stronger than ever nice and early, and being a trailer means people wouldn't necessarily get critical like they often do once they have their hands on something. It's just the trailer teasing them and there's little to judge and much to desire.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
From my understanding, the evidence is in favor of that rumor having some truth to it. But you never can be 100% sure with these sorts of things until the proof is evident. For now I'm kind of hopeful it's not really true, but I've already prepared myself to accept it. It's not that I don't think this might be good for the chances of other characters down the road in some way, it's just that the characters themselves seem like poor choices, especially if we're only getting a few more characters. In a way, getting a character like Ryu on the roster only makes sense to me if we're getting a lot of extra DLC, because if not then it seems like a really poor decision to add a character with almost no existing demand as DLC. It also could be some business thing where Capcom pushed for Ryu because the next Street Fighter will be on Wii U or something and maybe a Smash character will appear in it. I have no idea. Either way, there could be absolutely no logic to this and this rumor we're hearing could account for all the DLC we'll get other than the ballot winner... which would be super disappointing.

I agree with Princess Toady though, I hope we get more than just 4 extra characters even if this rumor is true. The more the better especially if random unrequested characters are getting in.

Also, I think that Krystal has a great shot even if she doesn't coincide with Star Fox Wii U. The games release may up her demand even more. At least it likely would for most people, but there'd likely be a group that wouldn't like her still. It all depends on her representation in Star Fox Wii U. Could be huge for her and show her to be awesome with character depth we haven't seen, or it could be scant with her practically cameoing, or the unthinkable... she wouldn't show at all. The last really is unthinkable for me, but you never know what dumb decision Miyamoto might make, heh.

My hope is that come E3 we don't just see more gameplay for Star Fox Wii U. I want to see a trailer that prominently features the members of the Star Fox team in beautiful HD. Something like them all flying off a planet and Fox saying "All ships report" and then having the team call in one after the other and we get to see each of them sitting in their ship before they fly over the horizon of the planet they just left and head toward the Great Fox in the distance. That would be hype. Yeah, I'd be into that. The trailer would get Krystal support going stronger than ever nice and early, and being a trailer means people wouldn't necessarily get critical like they often do once they have their hands on something. It's just the trailer teasing them and there's little to judge and much to desire.
I'd love if the trailer was kind of a reference to Star Fox 64, it starts off with general pepper narrating as the camera sweeps over the great fox, then we see the star fox team running towards the arwings as it introduces them individually. All while playing a remixed version of the 64 theme

Either that or an homage to assault, It doesn't really matter though although if they went that route I'd love a full on introduction of the characters rather than just static images. With a briefing on who they are and their role as they pose with their model spinning next to that

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
For some people that are commenting on fears for few DLC characters. I remember reading an article a few days ago that found that the game could potentially hold an addition 22 DLC characters on its roster.

I'll see if I can find it again.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I think we will get multiple DLC characters, and Krystal will be one of them, Krystal being in SF: Wii U is quite likely, I mean Miyamoto is obviously aware of her existence, being involved in the production of Adventures, Assault, and Command

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I'd love if the trailer was kind of a reference to Star Fox 64, it starts off with general pepper narrating as the camera sweeps over the great fox, then we see the star fox team running towards the arwings as it introduces them individually. All while playing a remixed version of the 64 theme

Either that or an homage to assault, It doesn't really matter though although if they went that route I'd love a full on introduction of the characters rather than just static images. With a briefing on who they are and their role as they pose with their model spinning next to that
Assault's title video was kind of a homage to Star Fox 64. Had the team running down the hall and then jumping in their ships. No dialogue, but a quick little set of clips and images for each character.

I was thinking for a teaser trailer an actual cutscene would be cool, like the one I described. The scene would be a external shot of the Arwings leaving a planet apparently after a mission. Then you'd see a closeup of Fox's Arwing so that you could see him in the cockpit. He'd ask for his team to report and you'd see it was him speaking. Then you'd get a similar close up Slippy saying he's fine but almost didn't make it. Same with Falco and he'd reply that he saved Slippy's butt pretty much. Then Krystal would be seen and she could mention she's just happy they're well enough to be arguing. Then Fox could smile and hail the Great Fox and we could hear Peppy maybe as they approached to dock.

This wouldn't necessarily be a scene from the game but it's a proper teaser trailer for the characters at least, not just a gameplay montage. The way these things work however, this could be the opening of a trailer that later shows a montage of gameplay. It's a pretty common formula in trailers to start off with something "blank" or dark, then slowly introduce what you're seeing. "Oh, those are Arwings!". Then Fox talks. "Oh, that's Fox!" Then all the other characters as your hype builds. The music is likely calm or atmospheric. As soon as the Arwings speed out of the scene toward the waiting distant Great Fox, the music could suddenly get louder as if building to something and thennnn... cut to gameplay montage and energetic music!

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
I think we will get multiple DLC characters, and Krystal will be one of them, Krystal being in SF: Wii U is quite likely, I mean Miyamoto is obviously aware of her existence, being involved in the production of Adventures, Assault, and Command
Agreed. As I said, She has already established herself in the series and Miyamoto, Imamura, and everyone at Nintendo are well aware of the fanbase she has from both the Japanese and Western audiences that the majority from those two do really like her. Krystal has been notable ever since her debut in Adventures and with everything going on that is Starfox related, we're really lucky that not only we're getting SF Wii U this year and having a safe bet that she'll be back in the Wii U game, but like Wolf having a really good chance to come back in Smash 4 as DLC(and of course very likely to appear in SF Wii U), Krystal also has a really good chance to make it in as DLC alongside with K. Rool.

As for LegendaryFoxFire's response there about 22 characters for DLC, that's quite interesting to hear. Did you find the link regarding it? Sure would like to see it.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Agreed. As I said, She has already established herself in the series and Miyamoto, Imamura, and everyone at Nintendo are well aware of the fanbase she has from both the Japanese and Western audiences that the majority from those two do really like her. Krystal has been notable ever since her debut in Adventures and with everything going on that is Starfox related, we're really lucky that not only we're getting SF Wii U this year and having a safe bet that she'll be back in the Wii U game, but like Wolf having a really good chance to come back in Smash 4 as DLC(and of course very likely to appear in SF Wii U), Krystal also has a really good chance to make it in as DLC alongside with K. Rool.

As for LegendaryFoxFire's response there about 22 characters for DLC, that's quite interesting to hear. Did you find the link regarding it? Sure would like to see it.

https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/04/10/was-dlc-planned-for-smash-4/ I believe it could be found here. I hope this helps.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
The article says All-Star Mode would have room for up to 22 more. It doesn't say what space would be needed for the characters period, although isn't it pretty likely they'd be saved to the system's SD card anyway? Required space would be a moot point in that case.

I doubt we'd see 22 characters though. 6-10 seems pretty plausible (or likely, depending on how well you take that potential leak at face value), but 22 is a little excessive. >_>

I mean, not that it matters much for us when our character is more or less in the Top 5, but...

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Alrighty guys, the "Rate Their Chances" thread is doing Krystal tomorrow!

http://smashboards.com/threads/rate-their-chances-the-dlc-edition-day-5-captain-toad.398604/page-14

Get in there and tell the board what you think Krystal's chances are for getting into Smash as DLC, and then tell them how much you want her added! I'm confident that if enough of us vote we can make sure her "Want" percentage at the end of the day is nice and high. Go to the front page of the thread to read the rules and stuff.

Here's basically the long version of what I'll use to explain why her chances are good...

Hmm, I see a distinct lack of Krystal in this thread and it's a bit concerning. I voted for her. I'll list some reasons why she's very much a good choice for a vote!

1. Year of the Star Fox! (Star Fox Wii U)

Star Fox Wii U is poised to be the big game of 2015 and it just so happens to coincide with this Smash DLC thing. There's never been a better time for Nintendo to cash in on Star Fox. Miyamoto himself is working on it and even dubbed 2015 "Year of the Star Fox". There's still some question out there about it, but come E3 you know the hype will be real and it'll be time for Star Fox to get some love. In short, Star Fox has the relevancy points in spades.

2. We can have our cake and eat it too... except the cake is Wolf and Krystal is the part where you get to eat it! (Star Fox is underrepresented)

With the cut of Wolf, Star Fox has a scant two reps in Smash. No other franchise, other than DK, is begging for not just one, but two additional reps more than Star Fox. It can happen people. Star Fox is going to be big this year and if any franchise can pull off snagging a vet AND a newcomer, it's Star Fox. If you voted Wolf, I totally understand and I want him back badly too. I also think he must already be in development after the Lucas release. I voted Krystal because I'm optimistic we can have both. I hope Wolf supporters join us under the banner of Star Fox when the old villain gets back in the game.

3. Krystal has a ton of potential for a unique moveset! (Especially with that staff)

Anyone who's played Star Fox Adventures knows that the game featured a unique weapon with many different properties. That weapon was Krystal's staff. When Fox picks it up in Adventures, he gets a messages from Krystal through it informing him that the staff would teach him it's abilities over time. This implies that all the moves Fox learns in the game are inherent to the staff and known to Krystal. This staff is her greatest opportunity for standing out. The staff is a physical weapon as well as a "magical" weapon and a tool. It differentiates itself from Palutena's scepter by being used more like martial art weapon in Adventures in physical combat. How cool would it be to have an actual staff user in the roster? Of course, it's more "magical" properties could be used in her specials. These include a fire blaster, an ice blast, a rocket boost, and a quake move. She could even get it back in the new Star Fox game making it more relevant than ever. Speaking of that....

3.2 But that's not all! (Krystal could have more than just her staff to use)

Depending on how Star Fox Wii U goes, the Star Fox team may acquire new tools, weapons, and abilities. If Krystal gets considered as DLC and the cash in comes from a reference to the new Star Fox, you can bet they'll use it. Krystal may have moves we haven't even imagined yet because they'll borrow from a game that's not even released! Wolf is unlikely to change, similar to Lucas, and is unlikely to take much time to port from Brawl and refine. The door is so wide open for Krystal to represent not just Star Fox as a franchise, but the new Star Fox game in Smash.

4. Krystal is more popular than you might think and has a great shot to get on this roster! (Krystal is not a wasted vote)

Some polls lately may have you thinking that Krystal isn't as popular as some characters, and in some polls it's true. Reddit and Gamefaqs aren't huge supporters in general, but here on Smashboards it's a sunnier outlook for Krystal. Fact is that most polls have her among the top 10 to 12 characters period and when it comes to newcomers she's often in the top 5. A recent Japanese poll in particular had her as their second most requested newcomer character after K. Rool. A poll started by "The Nerdy One" and posted on Gamefaqs and referenced on Smashboards currently has Krystal among the top 5 after over 300 votes. K. Rool dominates as expected, but the only characters between Krystal and the top are Isaac, Roy, and Wolf! Wolf is a friend to our cause as far as I'm concerned, if he gets in Krystal's chances increase actually. Many of the other characters getting votes just behind her are characters that face unique limiting factors to their probable inclusion like Banjo, Ridley, Bayonetta, and Snake.

Visit the Krystal for DLC thread here to find out more about why Krystal is so great and everything we're trying to do to help her cause. Currently we're brainstroming how to illustrate her potential movesets, mostly to do with the staff, so that people can see how interesting she could be as a character. Leap to the end if you want current conversations, heh. We're a pretty nice group too if I do say so myself.

Krystallize Smash!!!

I can't wait to hear what song @ Delzethin Delzethin will choose for Krystal, heh. He's been doing a song with each of his character predictions/desires.

Last edited:

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
The article says All-Star Mode would have room for up to 22 more. It doesn't say what space would be needed for the characters period, although isn't it pretty likely they'd be saved to the system's SD card anyway? Required space would be a moot point in that case.

I doubt we'd see 22 characters though. 6-10 seems pretty plausible (or likely, depending on how well you take that potential leak at face value), but 22 is a little excessive. >_>

I mean, not that it matters much for us when our character is more or less in the Top 5, but...
22 characters for DLC seems overkill there. That's why I still think that at least 4 or 5 more characters after Lucas is the best way to go and it makes sense since they will also fit neatly into the roster in both the 3DS and Wii U versions and that way it won't look that small in the screens. It's possible that after all the DLC characters get released, we could get an update in the future which could place the characters into the parts in the roster from where that character belongs of that respected franchise.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Assault's title video was kind of a homage to Star Fox 64. Had the team running down the hall and then jumping in their ships. No dialogue, but a quick little set of clips and images for each character.

I was thinking for a teaser trailer an actual cutscene would be cool, like the one I described. The scene would be a external shot of the Arwings leaving a planet apparently after a mission. Then you'd see a closeup of Fox's Arwing so that you could see him in the cockpit. He'd ask for his team to report and you'd see it was him speaking. Then you'd get a similar close up Slippy saying he's fine but almost didn't make it. Same with Falco and he'd reply that he saved Slippy's butt pretty much. Then Krystal would be seen and she could mention she's just happy they're well enough to be arguing. Then Fox could smile and hail the Great Fox and we could hear Peppy maybe as they approached to dock.

This wouldn't necessarily be a scene from the game but it's a proper teaser trailer for the characters at least, not just a gameplay montage. The way these things work however, this could be the opening of a trailer that later shows a montage of gameplay. It's a pretty common formula in trailers to start off with something "blank" or dark, then slowly introduce what you're seeing. "Oh, those are Arwings!". Then Fox talks. "Oh, that's Fox!" Then all the other characters as your hype builds. The music is likely calm or atmospheric. As soon as the Arwings speed out of the scene toward the waiting distant Great Fox, the music could suddenly get louder as if building to something and thennnn... cut to gameplay montage and energetic music!
They are fairly different though, 64 is quick and gets to the point, all you see is them running while in assault they are a little more indepth with multiple screenshots and stuff

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I was going to advertise for Krystal in the rate their chances thread, but it seems like you were way faster than me jahkzheng.

Also, it is really refreshing to see that many people that we usually don't see in this thread are giving her a high chance and seem to want her. You know, since there's only 10 of us max posting frequently in this thread and everything. ^^

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
They are fairly different though, 64 is quick and gets to the point, all you see is them running while in assault they are a little more indepth with multiple screenshots and stuff
That's true, but Assault did reference it some was my point. The running scene was the major exclusive scene in the opening trailer/intro for Assault, which is an idea taken straight from 64. They expanded on it by showing everyone jump in their ships and get ready to take off. The rest of the trailer features images and clips of scenes featured in the story of the game or of gameplay. Although the part where they feature each character uses images of them from the game's story, it does it in a stylistic way and has their name captioned there and that's done nowhere else in the game other than the opening trailer.

I was going to advertise for Krystal in the rate their chances thread, but it seems like you were way faster than me jahkzheng.

Also, it is really refreshing to see that many people that we usually don't see in this thread are giving her a high chance and seem to want her. You know, since there's only 10 of us max posting frequently in this thread and everything. ^^
She doesn't seem to be predicted to get a high chance so far. Could be all these people predicting her getting a low chance from the board average are assuming someone else will vote her chances low when they wont, but I doubt it. I have not looked at all the predictions to see what the average prediction for her is, but I'd guess it's something like 25%, which isn't that good.

This has nothing to do with "Want" however and only to do with what people think her odds are. And we were right to assume people would lower her chances simply because Wolf is likely higher priority and not many are sold on the notion that Star Fox could actually get two more playable characters in this game even if Wolf is just a returning vet. It is encouraging to hear people say, "I'd like her in" or "she makes sense to join the roster". It's just that they follow it up with, "but she's not getting in before Wolf" or "I don't see Star Fox getting two characters and we're most certainly getting Wolf".

I'm not going to be overly optimistic when I rate Krystal's chances just to push out a statistical outlier. I know she's got obstacles. I'll probably give her a 60-65% chance when I take in all factors. I gave Rool a 75% chance and Isaac a 60% chance. I don't see her having less of a chance than Isaac but I certainly think she has less of a chance than Rool. It's funny though, because we're forced to make so many assumptions. If someone from Nintendo told me that we'd be getting 10 DLC characters, I'd definitely push everyone's chances way up. Similarly, if someone from Nintendo told me that there would only be one or two other DLC characters after Lucas, I'd have little hope for Krystal sadly. If I was told with certainty that Krystal would feature prominently in Star Fox Wii U, I'd up her chances, but only slightly because I already have a lot of faith she will be in that game. It's not as clear to others and while there's still question about her being in the new Star Fox, there's still reason to hold off on using that as a reason to increase her chances. In my opinion though, those are her only real obstacles other than not quite cracking into a definite top 3 position among newcomers. Her competition is pretty close to her so nothing is for certain either. If she had Rool's following, even those that say Wolf should get in first would concede that Krystal would likely get in as a newcomer eventually. So much hangs on just how many DLC characters we'll get and Star Fox Wii U potentially upping the hype and desire for Krystal. Also, the sooner Wolf just gets confirmed the sooner we can move on to the notion of more Star Fox characters. I mean, most of us are already mentally there, but there's a lot of people that aren't.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
My idea for a joint reveal with Krystal and Wolf: Fox is getting beat by an unknown assailant, meanwhile aboard the Great Fox, we see a shadowy figure grabbing a staff, meanwhile back at the stage, the shadowy figure says "You're good pup, but I'm better", as the assailant is revealed to be Wolf as we see the caption, " Wolf strikes back ", as the Star Wolf theme from Assault is heard, but as Wolf is going for the final blow, he gets hit by a fireball, we hear a familiar voice saying " Fox, Leave it to me.", the camera pans over as we see Krystal, with the caption, "Krystal Joins The Assault" is seen, (the song is Sauria from Star Fox Assault ), as we see Krystal's moveset

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
My idea for a joint reveal with Krystal and Wolf: Fox is getting beat by an unknown assailant, meanwhile aboard the Great Fox, we see a shadowy figure grabbing a staff, meanwhile back at the stage, the shadowy figure says "You're good pup, but I'm better", as the assailant is revealed to be Wolf as we see the caption, " Wolf strikes back ", as the Star Wolf theme from Assault is heard, but as Wolf is going for the final blow, he gets hit by a fireball, we hear a familiar voice saying " Fox, Leave it to me.", the camera pans over as we see Krystal, with the caption, "Krystal Joins The Assault" is seen, (the song is Sauria from Star Fox Assault ), as we see Krystal's moveset
You're talking about a Smash reveal trailer obviously, heh. Reminds me of the Charizard reveal in a way with the foreshadowing. Robin wasn't really foreshadowed in his trailer, he just showed up. I'd love it. "Leave it to me" would totally be her entrance line, heh.

We were talking about Star Fox Wii U trailers specifically earlier, not the Smash character reveal trailer that's likely to follow.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
You're talking about a Smash reveal trailer obviously, heh. Reminds me of the Charizard reveal in a way with the foreshadowing. Robin wasn't really foreshadowed in his trailer, he just showed up. I'd love it. "Leave it to me" would totally be her entrance line, heh.

We were talking about Star Fox Wii U trailers specifically earlier, not the Smash character reveal trailer that's likely to follow.
I know, I just wanted to know what you thought of my idea

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
'Leave it to me' is my favorite line from her. x)

Yeah, 65% is too high in my opinion though. I'll probably give her a 40, just because of the people who make the decisions lol. They seem to want to put every character I hate in the game and to shut the door in the face of the characters I like.

Call me a pessimist if you want, but I have had my fair share of disappointment throughout the series.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07

Yeah. I agree. That's the perfect way for a reveal trailer for Krystal. I can totally see it now. I'm beginning to think that when they start bringing the newcomers from the ballot after October, it's quite obvious they'll have to do a reveal trailer for each newcomer to hype it up as always.

Last edited:

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
Long time no see! Just thought I'd pop in here. It's been awhile since I've visited the Krystal support thread but with all the buzz about the ballot and stuff I thought I come by for old times sake.

Believe or not I'm kind of in a somewhat hot conversation about Krystal as a possibility for DLC in Smash in the Leaks thread. Someone basically said that if Wolf is in basically Krystal doesn't have a chance in hell... which is kinda ridiculous.

Also just wanted to let you know without hesitation I voted for Krystal on the official ballot :) She was the first one. I later voted Issac and Roy too. I need to get my phone back before I can put in one last vote for Medusa.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I like your idea.

Though my scenario is the reverse, fox and falco are fighting an opponent on the lylat stage, with peppy and slippy talking to them and their having trouble so krystal goes "leave it to me", gets revealed first and then people start wondering about wolf, then wolf suddenly goes "cant let you do that", "wolf tears in!" something like that, sakurai likes to troll, esp when he revealed lucina with "wakes her blade?!" then did robin.

Im now expecting a duo reveal for smash because of starfox wii u, ala like the robin and lucina trailer.

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
Wow... there is just no respect for the blue vixen is there? But after all it's the internet I guess. It's what I get for being a supporter. I can honestly say being her supporter isn't easy at all, and it shouldn't be like this.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I have hundreds of characters who I support who get lots of heated debate too, I just get used to it even though it's rather painful to see people use their "deserves" opinions to say they won't be in Smash.
I can relate to you.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
'Leave it to me' is my favorite line from her. x)

Yeah, 65% is too high in my opinion though. I'll probably give her a 40, just because of the people who make the decisions lol. They seem to want to put every character I hate in the game and to shut the door in the face of the characters I like.

Call me a pessimist if you want, but I have had my fair share of disappointment throughout the series.
Admittedly, I'm counting on getting more than just 4 more DLC characters and I believe Krystal will have a large role in the new Star Fox game. Those beliefs push her chances up higher for me personally. I'm optimistic about Krystal's chances but not unrealistically so. I voted every character the way I did with the notion that we'll get more than 4 but not more than 8 or 9. 10 is the most I'm willing to believe we might get. I also give non-third party characters much better odds.

Wow... there is just no respect for the blue vixen is there? But after all it's the internet I guess. It's what I get for being a supporter. I can honestly say being her supporter isn't easy at all, and it shouldn't be like this.
There's obviously respect in here. I'm not sure where you're hanging but I've found a good deal of Krystal support on the board. Outside of here though it's mostly just, "yeah, she could be cool, but Wolf is getting priority". I don't argue that Wolf will get priority and frankly I want him in and I think he should never have been cut to begin with. I also believe he's all but confirmed at this point. Basically, I understand that feeling. What I've noticed though is that people aren't so much against her as they just don't see Star Fox getting two reps. Honestly, that's a much better reason than I've seen in places.

Gamefaqs has a population that simply doesn't like her for no good reason. I'm sure there's those kinds of people on Smashboards, but I've seen relatively very little of that. It's a shame she has this unfair reputation in places. It seems really unjustified in just about every case I've heard. I can understand wanting other characters more, but hating a character is just ridiculous. I don't think there's even a video game character I can think of that I "hate", maybe just don't like of find as interesting as some.

Top Bottom