• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I'm not bummed about Krystal being confirmed or de-confirmed, I'm bummed about the potential 6+ clone characters that are making up 1/10th of the roster.

I'm getting SSB5 anyways, so I'm decent about Sm4sh. Move aside 3DS, here comes WiiU future PotDs. :shades:

EDIT: I'm very down to wait another month of tweaking & touch-ups for the WiiU version honestly.

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Yeah, I'm keeping my hopes up for DLC.

As for Krystal's trophy number, it is my understanding that, for Melee and Brawl, the playable characters had their trophies at the very top of the list. Classic Mario would be trophy number 1 in Melee, for example.

Krystal is listed as 479/6XX, hardly a place for a playable character to be at, no ?

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Ok I'm done with all this back and forth banter about those trophy pictures. In my opinion all of this leak stuff screams inconclusive to me. Until Sakurai gives us legit information or reveals a character relevant to the leak I'm not believing anything about it. Let's keep the Krystal hope alive and Sakuria will be the tell us the truth not inconclusive leaked infromation.

As for Krystal's trophy number, it is my understanding that, for Melee and Brawl, the playable characters had their trophies at the very top of the list. Classic Mario would be trophy number 1 in Melee, for example.

Krystal is listed as 479/6XX, hardly a place for a playable character to be at, no ?
Well there could be more then one character that comes before her yes? Like Falco or Wolf for example.

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Hmm yeah but counting 3 trophies per playable characters and counting 60 playable characters, you get 180.

So why would she be trophy 400 something if she was playable ? She would be among the first 180 trophies.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Yeah it's not looking good for our vixen. Still no confirmation or deconfirmation otherwise

What leads me to deconfirmation is that her staff is nowhere in sight....BUT HEY YA NEVER KNOW!!

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Sorry guys, I don't know what I smoked, but it must have been potent. :p

In any case, you're right, it doesn't mean anything, though I'm still scared it makes no mention of her in the SSB universe.

Last edited:

ChainsOfDusk

Smash Cadet
The big issue I have with her "current" trophy is that the last sentence is worded in a very confusing way (I'll check it again, but last I looked I had to reread it a couple of times and still couldn't follow along). It just seems so mishandled as a write-up, so I'm a tad suspicious of the text itself.

For the model, changing it seems like a pointless thing to do and a waste of time (I think we need to start comparing old trophies to "leaked" trophies for a better comparison).

(Edit: Just looked over it. Last sentence is structured improperly to topic, and is a ultimately confusing to understand. This is a big "no no" in English sentence structure)

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Well... I thought it said something along the lines of : his wafts are very powerful, or something telling us he could charge them while fighting. If that's incorrect, then I blame my airheadness.

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
Bad news to wake up too :|

What is all this talk of Smash 5 anyways? Was that confirmed?

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Bad news to wake up too :|

What is all this talk of Smash 5 anyways? Was that confirmed?
Plenty of stuff, like the footage of the fight where we can see Shulk and Lucina fight against Charizard and Ganondorf, Bowser Junior fighting inside his Koopa Clown Car, various pictures of menus, pictures of trophies who could be considered inappropriate such as Tharja, Wario, KRYSTAL and Tiki, etc...

Link to the pictures : http://imgur.com/a/PzeCw

Last edited:

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
No I meant Smash 5, the next installment after Smash 4. I see people talking about that lol

I'll wait and see if they do DLC for Wii U or anything spectacular. Not sure if I want to get this

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I dunno if people refer to SSB4WU or the next gen Super Smash Brothers game when they say SSB5, lol. It's so confusing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well on the plus side, Krystal got acknowledged! I'm not too upset at her discomfirmation but hey, anything that acknowledges that she's still around makes me hopeful of her appearance for the upcoming game!

Last edited by a moderator:

TheSkuxxedOne

Smash Cadet
Well it doesn't really matter now but here's a Moveset Theory I made of her earlier...
I always envisioned her as a mid-range fighter. Using primarily, the staff on ground and blasters in the air.

Here's hoping for next time.

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace

You know what?

Call me crazy, but I'm gonna just throw out, cautiously, an...

I'm sure that all of you remember...

Fox and Falco had multiple trophies in Brawl--both of their Smash trophies and their videogame trophies.

Well... It's a stretch, but Krystal might not have a fighter trophy on the 3DS, currently, because she may be a version-designated unlockable on the Wii U version. Thus, after transferring her fighter data to the 3DS version, you could then get her respective fighter trophy on the 3DS version.

This trophy could be just a regular Assault trophy--just like Fox and Falco both had in Brawl.

Actually, even crazier, if information that Sakurai shows after the 3DS version agrees with it, the marketing theory might even rely on this!

So now, I'm going to wait.

It seems Krystal still hangs by the strings of the marketing theory after all...

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I can't even describe how pissed I am right now, The one character I really wanted relegated to a trophy, at least give me an assist :c:cry::evil::(:grrr::hulk::mad::sadeyes::urg:

You know what?

Call me crazy, but I'm gonna just throw out, cautiously, an...

I'm sure that all of you remember...

Fox and Falco had multiple trophies in Brawl--both of their Smash trophies and their videogame trophies.

Well... It's a stretch, but Krystal might not have a fighter trophy on the 3DS, currently, because she may be a version-designated unlockable on the Wii U version. Thus, after transferring her fighter data to the 3DS version, you could then get her respective fighter trophy on the 3DS version.

Actually, even crazier, if information that Sakurai shows after the 3DS version agrees with it, the marketing theory might rely on this!

So now, I'm going to wait.

It seems Krystal still hangs by the strings of the marketing theory...
I really hope this is true

Last edited:

Weavel

Smash Ace
Well I don't know what to say, but her trophy description isn't proper English by any means.

Edit: Like if her telepathic abilities helped her relationship or something? what?

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
GUYS, WILL YOU ALL STOP CRYING???!!!!! The leak might not be true, remember the leak is from 4chan when Sakurai does a POTD, we will know, seriously Sakurai would NEVER EVER, choose a roster like the rumored 3DS version, and also Krystal's trophy has improper English, I only accept info from Sakurai himself, 4chan is NOT trustworthy, only when I get word from Sakurai himself, than will I say Krystal is deconfirmed

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I am not convinced the that leak in its entirety is true; however, Krystal's trophy description alone is fairly awkward... "not sure if her telepathy helped her with her relationship with Fox" or something to that effect.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
GUYS, WILL YOU ALL STOP CRYING???!!!!! The leak might not be true, remember the leak is from 4chan when Sakurai does a POTD, we will know, seriously Sakurai would NEVER EVER, choose a roster like the rumored 3DS version, and also Krystal's trophy has improper English, I only accept info from Sakurai himself
We got video footage, It's clearly real. I don't want it to be but it obviously is

D

Deleted member

GUYS, WILL YOU ALL STOP CRYING???!!!!! The leak might not be true, remember the leak is from 4, when Sakurai does a POTD, we will know, seriously Sakurai would NEVER EVER, choose a roster like the rumored 3DS version, and
I'm not even upset lol come on.

We just have to be prepared for the dudes that will eventually rub it on our faces (If true)

All thats left is brainstorming her as a mod.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
The legendary Mic_128 (didn't want to needlessly tag his name) may have closed the marketing theory's thread, but he was just doing his job.

The theory, is theory. It currently doesn't have any substantial proof--but, it still is possible. Smash Boards isn't the place to make threads without actual tangible evidence--I argued for it's possibility. Even while the happenings of the 3DS might point to it, it's not enough to warrant a thread. It was my fault for posting it too soon.

For now, I vote to play the waiting game--for Krystal's sake.

I refuse to throw in the towel knowing there may be a way Nintendo has worked in her inclusion--and the inclusion of newcomers from all of the other major franchises that currently have none (DK, LoZ, Me, Kirby).

Dang... this roller coaster still goes on...

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
GUYS, WILL YOU ALL STOP CRYING???!!!!! The leak might not be true, remember the leak is from 4chan when Sakurai does a POTD, we will know, seriously Sakurai would NEVER EVER, choose a roster like the rumored 3DS version, and also Krystal's trophy has improper English, I only accept info from Sakurai himself, 4chan is NOT trustworthy, only when I get word from Sakurai himself, than will I say Krystal is deconfirmed
I'm not crying, but yeah, I could say the same thing.

D

Deleted member

If it was real, Sakurai would have said something_ I am still on the fence about it, , until Sakurai officially confirms it,
Nintendo of America took it down...that should be saying something.

I'll still be around but man, this roller coaster ride has gone off rails.

Weavel

Smash Ace
Usually when a roaster is leaked to this extent they just reveal anything, that's my experience from other fighters anyway.

Also a part of me is very glad Krystal is a trophy in the game because that means she is still revelent to the star fox franchise and I can't wait to see her in star fox wii u.

P.S. This super smash bros has the most disappointing roaster of the whole series.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Stop making assumptions, why would Sakurai waste spots, and remember it could be Brawl footage that has been modded heavily, guys there's still hope, maybe Krystal will be in the Wii U version, and why would Sakurai choose a roster like the 3DS version, something ain't kosher here

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Usually when a roaster is leaked to this extent they just reveal anything, that's my experience from other fighters anyway.

Also a part of me is very glad Krystal is a trophy in the game because that means she is still revelent to the star fox franchise and I can't wait to see her in star fox wii u.

P.S. This super smash bros has the most disappointing roaster of the whole series.
It really is, brawl's was awesome, what happened?!

Top Bottom