• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I like the branching paths and the ability to adjust difficulty on the go idea. That's going to create a lot of replay value. For bosses of the series I want to see, unfortunately most of the ones I want are from the SNES. I want Monarch Dodora and Slot Machine to be classic mode bosses, but I know for sure Nintendo will market more recent content. Krystal being a surprise newcomer challenger during classic mode would be a real twist. That would break the conventional standard of beating the whole classic mode a certain way to unlock a hidden character.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I like the branching paths and the ability to adjust difficulty on the go idea. That's going to create a lot of replay value. For bosses of the series I want to see, unfortunately most of the ones I want are from the SNES. I want Monarch Dodora and Slot Machine to be classic mode bosses, but I know for sure Nintendo will market more recent content. Krystal being a surprise newcomer challenger during classic mode would be a real twist. That would break the conventional standard of beating the whole classic mode a certain way to unlock a hidden character.
Slot Machine :laugh:, I like. The extremely hard way of getting Newcomers / hidden characters would be great to have an extra way of unlocking them essentially being the fastest way, but the most hardest way. Trade-off of:
"Do you want to unlock them quicker?"
or
"Do you want to unlock them gradually at a time?"

It mainly goes to how badly you want the characters. Naturally most would want to try the hard & fast way because of them being pressured enough to buy the game & unlock characters. But one should not be hasty if you think you can be foolish & unlock them quickly without RQ'ing a bunch to make the replay value of Classic Mode painful & addictive. They already have a bunch of addicting trends like that Angry BIrds Bomb Targets Test.

I wonder if Sakurai will be laughing at the misfortunes his consumers will endure through. . .Maniacal Troll . . .:scared:

Last edited:

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Luigi in melee sorta was like that except you had to get the last nano second a 2 then you rematch him later so it's not impossible

Edit:oh wait that was adventure mode....

Last edited:

Aurora Sparkle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aurora-Sparkle
Honestly I'm still remaining skeptical of the leak- there are still possibilities to explain the videos, and I'll probably remain so until either official proof comes out from Sakurai, or something more believable to me.

It's like everyone on Smashboards suddenly forgot that Project M was a thing. These videos would have been possible to fake using it, and there's just some things that stick out like a sore thumb to me.

-The fact that some of Shulk's moves look like they're from Marth's moveset.
-The fact that there's conveniently never "Outlines On" mode in any of this leaked footage.
-The fact that Bowser Jr's Clown car looks really akward in battle (It doesn't hover and it walks on it's propellers)
-The fact that Nintendo hasn't scrambled to take these leaks (Especially video footage) down (where are the ninjas?) I doubt Sakurai would be happy about the game leaking like this, and look how crazy they were about smashing down Pokemon X/Y leaks.

So all in all there are still a few too many little things to have me believing this 100% just yet, so I'll still hold onto some hope for Krystal. -but if it is real, then I guess all i can do is hope that she'll be DLC someday down the line, and I'll also be sad that yet again her potential was overlooked by Sakurai.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
Honestly I'm still remaining skeptical of the leak- there are still possibilities to explain the videos, and I'll probably remain so until either official proof comes out from Sakurai, or something more believable to me.

It's like everyone on Smashboards suddenly forgot that Project M was a thing. These videos would have been possible to fake using it, and there's just some things that stick out like a sore thumb to me.

-The fact that some of Shulk's moves look like they're from Marth's moveset.
-The fact that there's conveniently never "Outlines On" mode in any of this leaked footage.
-The fact that Bowser Jr's Clown car looks really akward in battle (It doesn't hover and it walks on it's propellers)
-The fact that Nintendo hasn't scrambled to take these leaks (Especially video footage) down (where are the ninjas?) I doubt Sakurai would be happy about the game leaking like this, and look how crazy they were about smashing down Pokemon X/Y leaks.

So all in all there are still a few too many little things to have me believing this 100% just yet, so I'll still hold onto some hope for Krystal. -but if it is real, then I guess all i can do is hope that she'll be DLC someday down the line, and I'll also be sad that yet again her potential was overlooked by Sakurai.
I haven't even considered any of that. We do have to wait for 100% confirmation and to be honest the ONLY good thing to come out of this leak is Bowser Jr and I feel the rest of the newcomer choices left were really bad ideas (another boring as **** swordsman, a dog and a cut melee CLONE? At least Pittoo can have different weapons to Pit and they might as well have brought back Mewtwo instead of Dr.Mario)
But yeah before we lost all hope we need 100% confirmation.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Sigh... Well guys, it looks like it's the end of the road.

The speculation was fun, but it just didn't work out for us like we wanted it to. At least we can say we all learned something from our countless moments of speculation, but keep your heads up.

I'll still always be a fan of Krystal, and I'll still buy this game. It's just a shame to see my most wanted get the trophy role.

This will probably be my last post on this thread, for it seems that there's no point in dragging this out any longer.

It was fun while it lasted, but let's move on and look forward to what we do have.

Demented Dex

Smash Cadet

Compare it to Wario's, where the mention he is a fighter. I'm sorry, friends.
I don't mean to sound like I'm in denial, but if Fox, Falco, and Wolf's default Brawl trophies were anything to go by, their descriptions also explained little to nothing about their fighting abilities in Smash Bros. I understand that we're dealing with a different game now, but still. I'll just wait for something more concrete to come along.

ChainsOfDusk

Smash Cadet
Honestly if this is true, then great, all I have left is Isaac and at this point he's rather unlikely. Will be the first Smash game I don't buy (two games failing to include characters from franchises I hold dear is more than enough, I'm done).

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Sad that krystal isnt in this game, my hope for the character is gone, i dont expect her in smash 5 either.... sucks.

Just deconfirm the Dee already, my perfect roster was forever dashed in brawl so whatever.

what annoy's me is that its only fox and falco again T_T

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
DAMN IT GUYS THAT ****ING LEAK IS LEGIT (at least the Bowser Jr and Shulk part that is)! we better hope that @TheRandomCities4 marketing strategy is correct or we'll have to wait for dlc or all the way to Smash 5 (or even longer since Wolf was apparently cut) :sick:
I wouldn't trust it just yet, the artwork for Shulk gives it away as FAKE, just a clever merge from Little Mac

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Is a trophy and is not in the roster, so she is disconffirmed.
damn i was really hoping for her since brawl :''''(

ChainsOfDusk

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't trust it just yet, the artwork for Shulk gives it away as FAKE, just a clever merge from Little Mac
Actually after reviewing the "leaked" combat with Shulk, I became a little bit more doubtful on it's validity. His kit clearly is a combination of Link+Marth moves (down b appears to be the link finisher, link spin present, up b is Marth's upwards strike, b is a charged attack much like Marth, and so on). Either Nintendo is very bad at making kits (and doesn't want money), or this is clearly a fake (just my two cents guys, there might still be hope).

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
****ing Hell sakurai, No Krystal OR Wolf but we get ****ing Doctor Mario and Dark Pit, This is Bull****!

Just reveal someone so we can get this over with

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Again, the leak feels legit. But it's not 100% legit. I'm not a nay-sayer, but I've yet to see DHD in playable action, along with other said characters on the roster leak.

It's disheartening at first, that's understandable. Yet I'm still decently at a level of maintenance. That trophy info feels off, but that's probably the way it looks for 3DS. I'm not used to that. We need BasedSakurai to clarify this leak wrong or right. Prepare yourselves for that day.:4myfriends:

Crawful

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4983-5238-2711
Reminder that you can only get a character trophy if you had said character, and the leaker hasn't unlocked Krystal.
So even if she was a character, we'd know she was in the game before getting her trophy.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Meh, I was done the moment the leak showed up. This is the 2nd character I wanted that gets deconfirmed (1st Dillon but I had lesser hopes for him). But I'm not a complainer, in fact, I should complain more. And the non clone characters look fun enough.
While there is a 1% chance that the leak is fake. There are still bits of hope here and there. But like I said, done.

Demented Dex

Smash Cadet
Reminder that you can only get a character trophy if you had said character, and the leaker hasn't unlocked Krystal.
So even if she was a character, we'd know she was in the game before getting her trophy.
... Yeah. I just thought about that while I was away from my computer.

... This sucks.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Where did the Wario & Krystal trophy pictures come from anyway? The trophy pictures look like someone just copy n' pasted their trophies from Brawl and added a new description.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Well, yeah but at this point, it's kinda confirmed. Maybe they got lazy and did copy paste them... We can't do much more but wait until everything is revealed at this point, and see if DLC is a rumor or really something that they have thought about.

Old School Tommy

Smash Cadet
The playable characters all have a trophy form... do they not? A picture of her trophy is not a straight-up disconfirm. You guys are giving up on her too easily.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203

welp, sorry krystalfriends
I knew I spotted something suspicious about this trophy picture and I was right. Take a look at Krystal's Brawl trophy and tell me what you think.

They are completely different from each other are they not? I smell something fishy about Krystal's trophy this time around in SSB4. As we all know Andrew's trophy( Andross's Nephew) is in this new installment and they just used the same trophy from Brawl for him, but why is Krystal's new trophy completely different from her trophy from Brawl. It just doesn't make sense.

Edit: Ignore the part about Andrew in my post.

Last edited:

NewGuy79

Smash Journeyman
so ya if it turns out that wolf is cut as the leak suggest then im gona go and cry in the corner :crying:

RIP star fox fans weve been reduced to 2 character slots...

I knew I spotted something suspicious about this trophy picture and I was right. Take a look at Krystal's Brawl trophy and tell me what you think.

They are completely different from each other are they not? I smell something fishy about Krystal's trophy this time around in SSB4.
well they could have just changed her trophy model you know, tho we can't really test this since her only appearance in smash was as a trophy in brawl

Last edited:

Old School Tommy

Smash Cadet
Where did the Wario & Krystal trophy pictures come from anyway? The trophy pictures look like someone just copy n' pasted their trophies from Brawl and added a new description.
Right here: http ://imgur.com/a/PzeCw

(^Without the space)

Also, this thread better not fall into despair.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Right here: http ://imgur.com/a/PzeCw

(^Without the space)

Also, this thread better not fall into despair.
Yeah I just found it myself. Although one thing bothers me about the trophy photos. All of the trophies they leak have descriptions except for Barbra's trophy why is that? If these leaked trophies are legit then why does her trophy not have a description. I mean they're in the last stages of production on the game for the Japanese 3DS version you'd think they'd have descriptions for all of the trophies, so why not Barbra's in these photos?

Last edited:

Chalphy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chalphy
As we all know Andrew's trophy( Andross's Nephew) is in this new installment and they just used the same trophy from Brawl for him, but why is Krystal's new trophy completely different from her trophy from Brawl. It just doesn't make sense.
Andrew did NOT have a trophy in Brawl.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

They are completely different from each other are they not? I smell something fishy about Krystal's trophy this time around in SSB4. As we all know Andrew's trophy( Andross's Nephew) is in this new installment and they just used the same trophy from Brawl for him, but why is Krystal's new trophy completely different from her trophy from Brawl. It just doesn't make sense.
Andrew didn't have a trophy in brawl
Yes he did look it up my friend.
I did and he doesn't
http://supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_SSBB_trophies_(Star_Fox_series)

Last edited:

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Last edited:
Top Bottom