• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
To me 50/50 is a great chance to make it in for me, oddly enough. I think her inclusion rate follows as 50% playable, and 50% AT (dear god no please!). I always have to admit her popularity has fallen down, but she's still there.

What I'm counting on is that she was considered immediately after Brawl when the characters for the next title were under consideration. That would have been her prime time.
Definitely. With all her cameo appearances, she may have been a splendid character idea to be for the Starfox series in the next Smash Brothers.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Good to see that the theory is gaining ground and support, but do keep in mind we need to keep topics related to Krystal (in some degree) from this point on before admins get upset (although this theory did start up on this thread and was somewhat Krystal related due to her inclusion possibilities, and branched out from there).

Just mentioning, I would be somewhat surprised if she (Krystal) didn't make it in, given the nature of the roster setting up a female character selection (and how she was the most requested female character for Brawl). So don't worry guys she likely has a high chance of being playable, and based against other characters (hints, trends, history, etc.), I think she has one of the highest chances among any of the newcomers.

Curious, what's your opinion on her inclusion possibilities?
I want to remain optimistic, but the absence of Falco and Wolf worries me. I don't know what will happen if Sakurai decides it's necessary to cut one of them. It wouldn't be out of the question for her to take their place despite the uproar that would cause, though it would be a most unexpected move. We'll see how it unfolds. I guess my confidence waned after the Brawl let down, because during that period, there was every reason to include Krystal. She had been in a game just a couple years behind Brawl's launch, she was actually highly requested, she had all the potential she had now and she would have been a desperately needed female addition to a roster that counted Zero Suit Samus as a newcomer in those ranks. Her voice actress was also working on the game. Ironically, she did Zero Suit Samus.

The stars were all aligned, then news came that Wolf was the pick. So, it's very hard to say. The man can be pretty ****ing unpredictable. A very real possibility exists that he could dissolve the Star Fox roster back to its Melee state, leaving only the Fox and Falco duo. Nothing about Smash is guaranteed and I wish fans would be a little more cautious about their expectations, lest they be doubly disappointed and embarrassed. All that said, Krystal has a lot going for her. She's likely the next logical choice for a Star Fox newcomer, and if things go sour, it would mark the first time an SF character was cut and/or the first time SF did not receive a newcomer in a Smash sequel.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I think I'm gonna just post theory stuff in the new thread. My brain's still spinning from that. >_>

I actually wonder what the chance is of Falco being made Fox's alternate costume. Could it be used as a roundabout way to add a new Star Fox character while keeping the franchise at three character slots?

Pretty unlikely, but still...

Last edited:

ChainsOfDusk

Smash Cadet
I think I'm gonna just post theory stuff in the new thread. My brain's still spinning from that. >_>

I actually wonder what the chance is of Falco being made Fox's alternate costume. Could it be used as a roundabout way to add a new Star Fox character while keeping the franchise at three character slots?

Pretty unlikely, but still...
Although it may upset fans, if they did cut a character to make room for another, having a costume like this would help cushion the blow tremendously. Better a skin than no representation at all imho.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Both posts from @ ~Krystal~ ~Krystal~ & @ Delzethin Delzethin give me the feels. Starting with Krystal's post is mutual with my feeling on that matter due to her likeliness to be in Brawl, she may have been a very pressed character idea to implement but could not for said reasons. Sakurai doesn't bring up any info about past Smash Brothers he wished he could of re-done to improve them with character inclusions but saves the thoughts for future Smash titles which includes the chance Krystal may be a returning character idea for the current Smash games. There's very well no real reason she can't be in the game either, considering most of the female users cast magic as a weapon, so that may be a 'non-unique' characteristic trait to keep Krystal from the roster, yet has the same things going for her Palutena does.
The last thing I'll note of is Sakurai struggles with pleasing every fan-base when he announced that not every single veteran will be likely returning. This implies that Wolf is on the cutting block & newcomers added into the roster are essentially more plausible.

Ending with Delzethin's post I'll say that the chances of that happening, are 70/30 in favor of Falco staying in the roster. I have no solid reasoning of that point typed to you except for his veteran inclusion status of being 2 installments over Wolf. Falco on the other hand is more clonely in regards to almost their entire move-sets rather than Wolf, so a Falco alternate costume is do-able without hurting the fans too hard. So on one hand I see it totally done, but then I will throw out the Lucina scenario as another reply.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Guys, maybe Sakurai just added Wolf because he didn't have enough time to add Krystal, well he is definitely aware she exists, and since much of the pressure Sakurai had with Brawl is gone (Thanks Namco!), that could mean great things, I can see the Assault representation, having to do with the fact that the games are being co developed by Namco, who developed Star Fox: Assault, which Krystal had a prominent role in.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Guys, maybe Sakurai just added Wolf because he didn't have enough time to add Krystal, well he is definitely aware she exists, and since much of the pressure Sakurai had with Brawl is gone (Thanks Namco!), that could mean great things, I can see the Assault representation, having to do with the fact that the games are being co developed by Namco, who developed Star Fox: Assault, which Krystal had a prominent role in.
Well wolf was apparently supposed to be in melee but because he looked too similar too fox it was changed and falco was added, Also wolf is apparently his favourite star fox character

Sonallvegqu

Smash Cadet
I still support Krystal being playable in Smash Bros for Wii/3DS. But with the recent so-called roster leak, it looks like her chances of being playable is now looking even grimmer. Pray and hope that the roster leak is fake.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I still support Krystal being playable in Smash Bros for Wii/3DS. But with the recent so-called roster leak, it looks like her chances of being playable is now looking even grimmer. Pray and hope that the roster leak is fake.
It's probably fake, it's rendering of Shulk just looks like a clever photo merge rip off thing from Little Mac's model.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
People until our friends in japan unlock all the characters and show us the roster don't trust the leaks anyways...wolf will most likely return and I could see falco staying since he's a fan favorite but we got 20 days left so that means 15 potds left.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
People until our friends in japan unlock all the characters and show us the roster don't trust the leaks anyways...wolf will most likely return and I could see falco staying since he's a fan favorite but we got 20 days left so that means 15 potds left.
Right.

And even if the leak is true, or if we get something similar to the leak, there's always the marketing theory---where the Wii U version could have different hidden unlockables due to sales incentives.

Without the marketing theory, there's always the possibility of standalone DLC as well.

We have many chances, because there are more opportunities in Smash Wii U/3DS than Brawl.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Seriously guys, could Krystal have her Adventures attire as an alternate, after Samus got her zero mission attires?
Most definitely, Also I've just realized that Wolf looks exactly the same in assault and command so I'm wondering which outfit her main one will be since they are all based on command although not really because wolf is also assault, I dunno this is confusing me

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Most definitely, Also I've just realized that Wolf looks exactly the same in assault and command so I'm wondering which outfit her main one will be since they are all based on command although not really because wolf is also assault, I dunno this is confusing me
Probably Assault, considering Assault is the main focus of the game, due to Namco developing both

ChainsOfDusk

Smash Cadet
Based on Fox's current model, I'd say all of the Star Fox members will initially have there models based off of command (That, it it is the handheld Star Fox game and most recent title).

However with a stage based off of assault, which I find very amusing when considering, might allow room to add for models/skins based on assault (I prefer the assault depictions of the Star Fox crew, so I hope this is the case).

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Based on Fox's current model, I'd say all of the Star Fox members will initially have there models based off of command (That, it it is the handheld Star Fox game and most recent title).

However with a stage based off of assault, which I find very amusing when considering, might allow room to add for models/skins based on assault (I prefer the assault depictions of the Star Fox crew, so I hope this is the case).
But then what would wolf's alt be since he's already based on assault

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine

Space pirate from project m

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One thing. Fox and the other Smashers are based off the smaller models from 64 and command while the other games used more humanlike proportion for all but slippy. Krystal is a product of tthat era so will she be taller than fox (continuing Nintendo's obsession with tall women) or made a little more cartoonish.

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
If that leak is all we got then star fox not only did not get krystal but we lost wolf. Wolf! You can't let them do that!!
I'm riding on that theory.

Last edited:

ChainsOfDusk

Smash Cadet
If that leak is all we got then star not only did not get krystal but we lost wolf. Wolf! You can't let them do that!!
I'll be very unhappy if any of the characters I've wanted since Brawl fail to make it in this time, and to be honest Krystal is one of the few with the highest of chances (or so we speculate). If none of them make it in this time, time to flip tables!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm here to support Krystal. I don't know why, I just had a sudden change of heart. :) Hopefully the leak is false/that marketing theory is true.

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
I'm here to support Krystal. I don't know why, I just had a sudden change of heart. :) Hopefully the leak is false/that marketing theory is true.
I'm really happy to hear that. Thanks 4 the support and welcome to the Cerinians. For the sake of the smash boards and the characters we all support we hope so too.

Last edited:

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Well guys with 15 potd or days with potential reveals I think where in for a hell of ride for characters being at,disconfirmed or playable

D

Deleted member

Thats pretty nice to hear a change of heart, welcome aboard!

Well guys with 15 potd or days with potential reveals I think where in for a hell of ride for characters being at,disconfirmed or playable
Pretty much...or shorter if the full roster is unveiled.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
:smirk:I'm starting to really dig this thread. Elaborated input:

Compared to other demanded / wanted characters, Krystal has a lot of cameo appearances:
1. Trophy of her Assault attire.
2. THREE stickers, one of each from all 3 games she appeared in: Adventures, Command, & Assault. Wolf only got 2.:troll:
3. Taunt codec from all 3 Starfox characters: Fox, Falco, & Wolf.

Krystal had a lot going for her in Brawl & I almost forgot about it all.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
One thing. Fox and the other Smashers are based off the smaller models from 64 and command while the other games used more humanlike proportion for all but slippy. Krystal is a product of tthat era so will she be taller than fox (continuing Nintendo's obsession with tall women) or made a little more cartoonish.
She'll probably be reproportioned since canonically, her and Fox are the same height at 5'8"

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
And to think, at 5'8, Krystal would be the shortest playable female on the roster... Unless of course you count the AC Villager swap as a bonafide female character.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I prefer nintendo girls to not be extremely tall anyways. Win-win for me Starfox.:cool:
I'm not in love with some of the changes made to certain characters. Ike got ripped apparently... :sick:
However, I'm dying to see how Sakurai would redesign Krystal if she makes the cut.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I'm not in love with some of the changes made to certain characters. Ike got ripped apparently... :sick:
However, I'm dying to see how Sakurai would redesign Krystal if she makes the cut.
Oh you know, just the normal female modifications given to his female developers to work with.:troll:

Unfortunately Krystal has a huge fan-base for the wrong reasons, soooooo I could probably not see her be too 'hot'. There's no right or wrong preference when it comes to the developers' decisions with Krystal, but I still want the blue cat-suit, please :basedsakurai:

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Oh you know, just the normal female modifications given to his female developers to work with.:troll:

Unfortunately Krystal has a huge fan-base for the wrong reasons, soooooo I could probably not see her be too 'hot'. There's no right or wrong preference when it comes to the developers' decisions with Krystal, but I still want the blue cat-suit, please :basedsakurai:
Lets not mention that fanbase plus cant we say Zero suit does to...anyways as always make a new design like fox, falco and wolf

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I dunno about them both being 5'8, Krystal looks like she's about three inches taller than Fox last time I checked, but why should it be a big deal?
I remember her being slightly taller than fox without the heels. She wasn't towering over him, but you could tell it was about an inch. Am I mistaken, CliffJumper? I think we should break out some Adventures and Assault footage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom