• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
1st paragraph: I would probably share your sentiments. I'm just trying to imagine what a business would do. And in the end, if Nintendo decided to do this, both versions would have the same roster---just not in the beginning (and yes, it could anger a lot of fans, but the best way to mitigate the anger would probably be to use the popular Western newcomer choices to explain how those specific Wii U-3DS connections work). I have a feeling Nintendo could be trying to please us in a way that milks much of our money, as unfortunate as we might find that. Consoles cost more than DLC---and Nintendo must know that people will try to flake out and buy only one console/version. Perhaps they want to find a way that will make many more people buy both? This would certainly do it.

2nd paragraph: The reason why the East vs. West thing seems frail is because he hasn't revealed much of the Wii U version (which under this theory represents more of the West due to the color choice---assuming it means anything). In this case, we've heard practically nothing but the 3DS version, which represents more of the East under this theory. It would make sense, information and character wise. It could also explain why we haven't seen certain franchises (DK, LoZ, SF, Me) get newcomers yet and others (Ma, KI, Po, FE, and potentially Xe and RhyHe [Rhythm Heaven is actually more recognized in the East---especially prior to Gematsu]) have.

Also, I won't deny the possibility that there may be more reveal trailers left than we think. Sakurai said "we're nearing the bottom of the stash of Newcomer trailers that we've made", but he said this after 11 different character trailers were shown (including Sonic). Out of 11, what number would be nearing the bottom? 2? I'm not inclined to believe so... What about 4? 4 is only ~36% of 11, and can be considered nearing the bottom. However, I don't see more than 4 happening. Point being, what if he uses some of these trailers to showcase some of those other franchise (DK, LoZ, SF, Me) newcomers that are to be unlocked on the Wii U version---to be transferred to the 3DS version. Time will tell.

By the way, this theory assumes that certain characters (like hypothetically, Shulk, DHD, Bowser Jr., and others) will need to be unlocked on the 3DS version in order to be transferred to the Wii U one. It works both ways.

Also, I would be confident that many of the newcomers already shown will be readily available on both versions. This theory mainly applies to those unlockable few characters.
I gotta say I really enjoy your posts and you seem so knowledgeable about a lot of things. I really like the way you think outside the box, I even admire that. Your posts are always a joy, and I'm glad you are back on your feet. Got worried about you for a second after the leak came out.

That said I hope this is the tactic they are going with, either way I'm getting both versions of the game.

Last edited:

Gooper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
I would like to throw my support at this thread. Not that I am a big Krystal fan or anything but with Ghirahim gone Sakurai may start deconfirming the more popular characters on here. So I wish you all the best of luck because Krystal and Isaac are the final defenses before Bandanna Dee falls. I really would prefer Krystal over any other starfox character even Fox himself though

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
I would like to throw my support at this thread. Not that I am a big Krystal fan or anything but with Ghirahim gone Sakurai may start deconfirming the more popular characters on here. So I wish you all the best of luck because Krystal and Isaac are the final defenses before Bandanna Dee falls. I really would prefer Krystal over any other starfox character even Fox himself though
Sorry to hear the loss, Has to be hard to lose one of your most wanted newcomers. Thank You all supporters are welcomed here. Welcome to the Cerinians.:)

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
1st paragraph: I would probably share your sentiments. I'm just trying to imagine what a business would do. And in the end, if Nintendo decided to do this, both versions would have the same roster---just not in the beginning (and yes, it could anger a lot of fans, but the best way to mitigate the anger would probably be to use the popular Western newcomer choices to explain how those specific Wii U-3DS connections work). I have a feeling Nintendo could be trying to please us in a way that milks much of our money, as unfortunate as we might find that. Consoles cost more than DLC---and Nintendo must know that people will try to flake out and buy only one console/version. Perhaps they want to find a way that will make many more people buy both? This would certainly do it.

2nd paragraph: The reason why the East vs. West thing seems frail is because he hasn't revealed much of the Wii U version (which under this theory represents more of the West due to the color choice---assuming it means anything). In this case, we've heard practically nothing but the 3DS version, which represents more of the East under this theory. It would make sense, information and character wise. It could also explain why we haven't seen certain franchises (DK, LoZ, SF, Me) get newcomers yet and others (Ma, KI, Po, FE, and potentially Xe and RhyHe [Rhythm Heaven is actually more recognized in the East---especially prior to Gematsu]) have.

Also, I won't deny the possibility that there may be more reveal trailers left than we think. Sakurai said "we're nearing the bottom of the stash of Newcomer trailers that we've made", but he said this after 11 different character trailers were shown (including Sonic). Out of 11, what number would be nearing the bottom? 2? I'm not inclined to believe so... What about 4? 4 is only ~36% of 11, and can be considered nearing the bottom. However, I don't see more than 4 happening. Point being, what if he uses some of these trailers to showcase some of those other franchise (DK, LoZ, SF, Me) newcomers that are to be unlocked on the Wii U version---to be transferred to the 3DS version. Time will tell.

By the way, this theory assumes that certain characters (like hypothetically, Shulk, DHD, Bowser Jr., and others) will need to be unlocked on the 3DS version in order to be transferred to the Wii U one. It works both ways.

Also, I would be confident that many of the newcomers already shown will be readily available on both versions. This theory mainly applies to those unlockable few characters.
Thank you for the explanation, I must admit that I hadn't thought about the second point that much, and you are incredibly right in that respect. After all, Japan prefers handhelds, so it would make sense to make them buy the 3DS version instead of the WII U one, but as for the rest of the world, bear with me for I have absolutely no data on it, I was always under the impression that people preferred console video game systems... So it would make a lot of sense if Ridley, K.Rool & cie were kept for the Wii U.

However, I'll still keep my expectations low because I really don't want another disappointment.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
However, I'll still keep my expectations low because I really don't want another disappointment.
Agreed.

The main reason why I brought this up is because it's possible. Since it's possible, I don't think I'll see the 3DS roster (when the game releases) and say "that's all folks!" I'll wait to hold judgement until we know everything about Sm4sh---including the Wii U version.

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
Agreed.

The main reason why I brought this up is because it's possible. Since it's possible, I don't think I'll see the 3DS roster (when the game releases) and say "that's all folks!" I'll wait to hold judgement until we know everything about Sm4sh---including the Wii U version.
So if we happened to not get DLC would these smash boards stay open until the Wii U release date?

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Wait a minute...

I feel another theory coming on! This one is significant---not only for Krystal, either. In fact, with this theory we will effectively have a 3-4 month buffer for further speculation even after the 3DS version releases---because it has a possibility which cannot be denied. It's actually more possible than the idea of another playtester withholding their information...

Thematically, this theory is business-influenced. Keep this in mind.

Even if this new leak is true...

Hear me out; there is still hope yet!

All of these recent leaks---and all of this recent information (including Ken's knowledge and the info I came across)---pertain solely to the 3DS version, correct? This makes sense, as the 3DS version is releasing first, and soon. However, we're assuming that the 3DS information---character-wise, especially---is intrinsically bound with the Wii U version. This is because we were only ever accustomed to one game releasing at a time---not 2.

Hence, what if there are different unlockable characters for each version?

Now wait, I know what you might say: "but Sakurai said both versions will have the same roster!"

Allow me to harken back to an older theory I came up with---specifically, something I said within it. This was the theory regarding the dual reveal with Krystal and Ridley. I mentioned, under the conditions that presented themselves at the time, that Retro Studios could have denied working on the Star Fox/Metroid crossover videogame. However, they still would have been truthfully denying that rumor if they were working on a Smash Brothers newcomer cutscene, because it wouldn't be a videogame. Now, I don't believe that theory will happen, but let's get back to the theory at hand.

The same thing can apply here. Allow me to explain:

Back in the April Smash Direct, Sakurai mentioned that "both versions will have the same roster." This was to be expected. However, he said something else that has only just now piqued my curiosity (beware, I'm paraphrasing here---but I'm 100% confident he said something in the exact context).

Sakurai: There will be cross-platform features between the 3DS and the Wii U. I will go into detail about these later.

Thing is, he has yet to explain these cross-platform features between both versions of Sm4sh. This could be considered obvious, since the nature of the Wii U version is currently unknown---in almost its entirety. They don't want the Wii U version's content to be known because they're currently pushing to sell the 3DS version. This is something we've previously established. This is obvious enough through their marketing, and their modality in releasing information (all of the game modes, among other things).

Point in case, what if one of the cross-platform features allow you to transfer version-designated unlockable characters between the 3DS and Wii U?

If this were the case, certain unlockable characters could be initially unlocked on one version---only to be transferred to the other version in quasi-DLC likeness. This would effectively allow both versions to have the same roster.

Thus, Sakurai wouldn't be lying or going back upon his word.

Yes, this sounds kind of like an evil business move by Nintendo---but it wouldn't be any more evil than reserving these characters for the DLC (like I said in an older theory, but now I don't think that's the case).

Again, I'll say it: Nintendo is a business. Not only do they have to think about our interests, but theirs as well.

Speaking of DLC, if the characters from the leak as DLC are what we get, this theory could still work. The DLC could be reserved for characters they didn't have enough developmental time to include in the initial roster---which is also why having veterans as the bulk of the DLC makes sense. If this is the case, I don't think these characters will cost anything (don't take my word on that specifically, though). These DLC characters could be revealed between the release of both versions---starting after the 3DS version's release and leading up to the Wii U one.

Now let's shift gears for a second and re-examine the franchises and their representations in this leak.

Hmm... Notice anything odd?

All of these franchises are receiving newcomers except for The Legend of Zelda, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Star Fox, and Metroid.

Actually, that's not what I found odd. This is:
Mario is receiving two unique newcomers.

Well, that fact alone isn't what makes it odd.

It's when you combine that fact with those other 5 franchises not receiving anything. That is the oddity---an oddity that can be explained with this theory!

Before I further pursue that route, I feel I need to briefly remind everyone of all the teases Sakurai has made. Think back to all of his teases---including the ones that were never specifically denoted one way or the other. What I'm trying to say here is that Sakurai is a troll---but he's also more than that. He's aware of us and our interests.

I also feel I need to remind everyone that every single franchise received a newcomer in Brawl. All of them. Heck, we even added a new franchise---Kid Icarus! Not only that, but Brawl had a singular team, and they had to work on the massive Subspace Emissary. Their team in general was smaller, too.

Smash 4 has multiple teams, composed of multiple developer groups, like Team Sora and Namco Bandai. Brawl didn't have that.

Let's shift gears again and examine the marketing for Smash 4. Smash, outside of being its own game, is about raising awareness for franchises, not characters per se. Keep this in mind as you read the following question:

Have you noticed a particular theme in Sm4sh's marketing? Well...

Does East vs. West ring a bell? It certainly should...

Look back to E3 2014. Do you remember that hilariously epic opener with Smash? If you do (which you should)...

Who was fighting in the cutscene?

Correct. It was Reggie and Iwata.

Do you know the title of their official positions?

Again, correct. Reggie is the President of Nintendo of America. Iwata is the President of Nintendo of Japan. East vs. West strikes again.

Let's look at this a different way. Look at the colors chosen for both Sm4sh versions. The 3DS is red, and the Wii U is blue.

Why do you think they chose these colors?

There was no real need. Was it a design choice? Or is it something on a much deeper value...? Perhaps these colors are meant to represent the East and West respectively. You should understand that these respective colors are more associated with their respective side, especially on a cultural level. You should also know that Japan adheres to culture strenuously. Using such representation over their marketing for Sm4sh isn't at all far-fetched.

Now remember back to when I said Smash is used to raise awareness for franchises. Look back at the newcomers revealed so far before the 3DS release. Look to the ones that are included in the leak---specifically Shulk and Chorus Men. Notice anything?

Firstly, no one can officially say that these characters were wanted more in the East or the West.

However, when we look at the newcomers from the perspective of franchises, things begin to clarify.

Pokemon, Mario, Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, and Xenoblade have a heavier influence over the East than the other franchises that have yet to receive newcomers. All of these franchises (and supposedly Xenoblade) are receiving newcomers, while it seems the others aren't.

Note how I didn't say that these franchises were more requested by the East to have newcomers. Why? Requests don't matter.

Well, they do, in part. But not full.

It's about influence.

So, why is this whole East vs. West theme so important?

Easy. Can you see where I'm going?

Donkey Kong, Metroid, The Legend of Zelda, and Star Fox all have a heavier influence in the West than the East.

Theory in point:

What if newcomers from these franchises are held to be the Wii U version-designated unlockables?

Interesting...

What about Little Mac, though?

Good question. Fortunately, I have a theoretical rebuttal:

Little Mac was just a "taste" of what's to come, without spoiling the surprise.

It adds up so well. As a bonus, it makes too much sense business-wise...

And now, ladies and gentlemen, the pièce de résistance...

What major factor drives the sales for Smash?

Correct. Characters. Why is this important? Simple.

Look carefully at the gap between the sales dates of the 3DS and Wii U versions.

Why would the Wii U version have the exact same roster as the 3DS version---especially if it releases 3-4 months afterwards?

Bringing the theory into full circle, it highlights a business perspective: this would be horrible marketing. Sure, Nintendo is known for their strange marketing, but considering the TLC they've done with the East vs. West theme, this time looks to be different.

Anyways, the Wii U version wouldn't have enough incentive to match the sales of the 3DS version if it didn't have these version-designated unlockables. There are many more 3DS consoles out there than there are Wii U consoles. The Wii U version needs something spectacular to stand out as opposed to the 3DS version---and game modes alone won't cut it. I can guarantee that.

Final question:

What is Nintendo's goal for Sm4sh, marketing wise?

Simple. They want to execute plans that would accrue the most sales for all of their Sm4sh peripherals.

We're still alive, guys!

Phew! That was a long one.

I guess that means I'm back...

Back, to stay. :)

Still, if this theory comes out to be true, my reaction will be similar to this:

inb4 court case against Krystal

PS: If you haven't noticed, all of these 3DS leaks, if true, can easily serve to strengthen this theory. These leaks seem to be only a part of the bigger puzzle---the Sm4sh puzzle.

So sit back, and relax until all is really said and done---at least until after we know everything about Sm4sh, including the Wii U version.

Interestingly enough, I can't believe it took me this long to come to this conclusion. It's like it required a combination of all my past theories, ironically enough. If this is true, Sakurai is more clever than we thought.

Not to mention it would be the biggest troll move ever:

"Oh that was the full roster... Nah, I'm just kidding. All these other characters are included on the Wii U version, but you guys won't know until much later. I want you guys to squirm for as long as possible:troll:" --Masahiro Sakurai, 2014
I agree, that sounds like something Sakurai and Nintendo would do

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
So if we happened to not get DLC would these smash boards stay open until the Wii U release date?
The beauty of this theory is that with or without DLC, it's still possible---because the characters included as the Wii U-designated unlockables would be different than the potential DLC characters. Unless, of course the DLC is for these characters. Either way, it could be a win-win for us (and money-wise, a win-win for Nintendo).

This is all possibility, though. We won't know for sure until the Wii U version is released. We shouldn't denounce it, but we shouldn't fully believe it either. This is good, because no matter what happens, we will be able to speculate until the Wii U's release---I think these smash boards will be just fine.

That is, unless some kind of mega leak reveals everything about Sm4sh---including the Wii U version.

EDIT: Or, a disconfirmation (by Sakurai, not by absence in the 3DS verison) of Krystal, Ridley, or Dixie/King K. Rool happens. This will heavily decrease the weight of this theory due to it relying on most of these franchises getting an unlockable newcomer on the Wii U version. The theory is not phased by Ghirihim's disconfirmation---there are other candidates from the LoZ series to use.

EDIT #2: Or, if at any point Sakurai says "This is the final roster."

I won't expect playtester leaks for the Wii U version until a week or two before its release. Those are what we should look out for.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
At the very least, if what you say about Ken being a playtester is true, then they must truly care about getting the games balanced if they're recruiting a former sort-of-professional Smash player to help them.

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
At the very least, if what you say about Ken being a playtester is true, then they must truly care about getting the games balanced if they're recruiting a former sort-of-professional Smash player to help them.
Apologies, I didn't mean Ken was a playtester himself. If anything, he has connections with one of the playtesters.

All I know is that he kept saying "I only know part of the finished roster, guys."

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Seriously, Krystal is looking. very likely, besides I really don't think Krystal has anything that could make her an assist trophy, (if any fan favorite character will be an assist trophy it will be the Bandanna Dee) if she's in the game, she'll either be in from the getgo, or as DLC, and why would Sakurai pass up on a female character, (what Sakurai said has more emphasis, ) with excellent moveset potential

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
The beauty of this theory is that with or without DLC, it's still possible---because the characters included as the Wii U-designated unlockables would be different than the potential DLC characters. Unless, of course the DLC is for these characters. Either way, it could be a win-win for us (and money-wise, a win-win for Nintendo).

This is all possibility, though. We won't know for sure until the Wii U version is released. We shouldn't denounce it, but we shouldn't fully believe it either. This is good, because no matter what happens, we will be able to speculate until the Wii U's release---I think these smash boards will be just fine.

That is, unless some kind of mega leak reveals everything about Sm4sh---including the Wii U version.

EDIT: Or, a disconfirmation (by Sakurai, not by absence in the 3DS verison) of Krystal, Ridley, or Dixie/King K. Rool happens. This will heavily decrease the weight of this theory due to it relying on most of these franchises getting an unlockable newcomer on the Wii U version. The theory is not phased by Ghirihim's disconfirmation---there are other candidates from the LoZ series to use.

EDIT #2: Or, if at any point Sakurai says "This is the final roster."

I won't expect playtester leaks for the Wii U version until a week or two before its release. Those are what we should look out for.
Yeah I see how your theory would work even without DLC, and I think this is a pretty plausible theory as well. I'm just wondering if once the 3ds version comes out and there happens to not be DLC, would this thread be locked up even though a theory like yours could still happen? Probably should be asking a moderator though huh

Seriously, Krystal is looking. very likely, besides I really don't think Krystal has anything that could make her an assist trophy, (if any fan favorite character will be an assist trophy it will be the Bandanna Dee) if she's in the game, she'll either be in from the getgo, or as DLC, and why would Sakurai pass up on a female character, (what Sakurai said has more emphasis, ) with excellent moveset potential
I agree, she has made it this far without anything being shown to lower her chances. Now if Falco or Wolf are revealed, I'll expect her to be hidden or coincide with TheRandomCities4's theory if she's in. But since none of them have been revealed yet I still think a Star Fox clip similar to fire emblem's could occur

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
no if krystal is a at that would be a **** storm if ridley is a hazard/tropy may sakurai have mercy on our souls

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Sort of looking in hindsight ahead of the time, I can see Krystal as an Assist Trophy, well since, Sakurai has already mentioned he's putting in as many AT's as he can, & the only AT from StarFox's series is Andross, so again I see it due to the lack of StarFox. I would love to see how that WiiU Sector-Z Great Fox stage plays out & would love to see Krystal playable on it for the series representation, along with more codecs similar to Brawl's codecs on Lylat Cruise & Corneria again.

P.S. I did not read all 120+ pages so I'm fresh meat coming in here probably posting things that've probably been posted 20+ times so forgive that.:urg:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Sort of looking in hindsight ahead of the time, I can see Krystal as an Assist Trophy, well since, Sakurai has already mentioned he's putting in as many AT's as he can, & the only AT from StarFox's series is Andross, so again I see it due to the lack of StarFox. I would love to see how that WiiU Sector-Z Great Fox stage plays out & would love to see Krystal playable on it for the series representation, along with more codecs similar to Brawl's codecs on Lylat Cruise & Corneria again.

P.S. I did not read all 120+ pages so I'm fresh meat coming in here probably posting things that've probably been posted 20+ times so forgive that.:urg:
I think there are better options for Star Fox assists though like peppy, slippy, panther, leon, pigma etc

EDIT: Or Tricky, I think that'd be an awesome choice

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I think there are better options for Star Fox assists though like peppy, slippy, panther, leon, pigma etc
Eggsactly:4yoshi:, while Peppy & Slippy are more older & part of the original StarFox McCloud team, Krystal made a more dynamic & quicker inclusion of notice than they remained. Krystal is much more requested & demanded to be a playable fighter than any of the characters you listed off, our opinions are shared.:shades:

Edit: Though for repile & green bias, I'd want Leon badly, as there's no Chameleons in Smash Brothers.:c

Double Edit: Tricky would be boss.:shades:

Triple Edit: BRB getting my Krystal Signature.:shades:

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I have a hunch that Star Fox will get a fourth rep, being a SSB tradition, and that rep will be Krystal,, could Smash Bros make Krystal more likeable as a character, and could she be possibly popular for tournaments?

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I have a hunch that Star Fox will get a fourth rep, being a SSB tradition, and that rep will be Krystal,, could Smash Bros make Krystal more likeable as a character, and could she be possibly popular for tournaments?
As far as tournament popularity, that's speculating a bit far for my decent fanciness. However, I would love the idea of Krystal using her tail in her move-set along with just staff moves. Out of all the StarFox characters, Fox uses his tail the most & it's only through 2 moves at best. Fox U-air was dangerous as a Star KO'ing aerial in Melee & Falco has a D-tilt tail feather sweep, & Wolf apparently having Tail attacks according to SSE's sticker category putting Wolf in the mix, but I have no clue what moves are a tail attack.

It pains me that StarFox is getting 4 likely characters in their series & F-Zero still may stick with just Falcon, but :4falcon: would approve of the hotness.

Last edited:

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
So with high warning guys after this ghirham trophy thing I see this about to happen much more (we are 23 days from japanesee release)

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
As far as tournament popularity, that's speculating a bit far for my decent fanciness. However, I would love the idea of Krystal using her tail in her move-set along with just staff moves. Out of all the StarFox characters, Fox uses his tail the most & it's only through 2 moves at best. Fox U-air was dangerous as a Star KO'ing aerial in Melee & Falco has a D-tilt tail feather sweep, & Wolf apparently having Tail attacks according to SSE's sticker category putting Wolf in the mix despite me knowing how in the world he has a tail attack.

It pains me that StarFox is getting 4 likely characters in their series & F-Zero still may stick with just Falcon, but :4falcon: would approve of the hotness.
I actually think black shadow is looking pretty good now and is the best clone material there is (dark pit is literally the same model). Ganondorf's probably gonna get a new moveset at this point and handing the old one off too black shadow makes way too much sense

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
So with high warning guys after this ghirham trophy thing I see this about to happen much more (we are 23 days from japanesee release)
Define this. Idk what you mean:confused:
I actually think black shadow is looking pretty good now and is the best clone material there is (dark pit is literally the same model). Ganondorf's probably gonna get a new moveset at this point and handing the old one off too black shadow makes way too much sense
Agreed, to the passionate maximum. BShadow needs to save Ganon's clonely clone world.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ ghastmine ghastmine Oh, so you mean Krystal becoming an AT is more plausible now due to Ghirahim becoming an AT? Kind of makes dollars sense but not entirely. Ghirahim's only in LoZSS & now as a playable character in Hyrule Warriors & as an AT in Sm4sh, while Krystal is a recurring character in StarFox through 3 different game titles, despite Adventures being a stand-alone story plot. There's a lot of LoZ antagonists / Evillains, but Fox to my knowledge only had one love interest, & that itself gives Krystal more justified ground to stand on proudly than Ghirahim. My condolences to the Ghirahim fans btw, he could of been a cool fighter.

Last edited:

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
@ ghastmine ghastmine Oh, so you mean Krystal becoming an AT is more plausible now due to Ghirahim becoming an AT? Kind of makes dollars sense but not entirely. Ghirahim's only in LoZSS & now as a playable character in Hyrule Warriors & as an AT in Sm4sh, while Krystal is a recurring character in StarFox through 3 different game titles, despite Adventures being a stand-alone story plot. There's a lot of LoZ antagonists / Evillains, but Fox to my knowledge only had one love interest, & that itself gives Krystal more justified ground to stand on proudly than Ghirahim. My condolences to the Ghirahim fans btw, he could of been a cool fighter.
well sorta yeah your correct however im not saying krystal is going to be a at im just saying expect the final days to be filled with deconfirming characters or new ats

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
well sorta yeah your correct however im not saying krystal is going to be a at im just saying expect the final days to be filled with deconfirming characters or new ats
No doubt. ATs will be flooding the gates of de-confirmed tears jerking our emotions, mixed & disappointing at the same time. I feel you & what you're saying.

Speaking of to anyone, & I've said it before, but I'd heavily recommend Krystal in her catsuit > any costume as her default. Her Adventures loincloth would make a decent alternate costume swap based on how fan-service-giving Sakurai & his developers are.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
If the initial warnings weren't clear enough, general character discussion is in the same boat as leak discussion.

As in if it has nothing to directly do with Krystal, don't keep bringing them up in the Krystal thread.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Apologies, I didn't mean Ken was a playtester himself. If anything, he has connections with one of the playtesters.

All I know is that he kept saying "I only know part of the finished roster, guys."
So he only knew part of it? That's good for us.

Speaking of to anyone, & I've said it before, but I'd heavily recommend Krystal in her catsuit > any costume as her default. Her Adventures loincloth would make a decent alternate costume swap based on how fan-service-giving Sakurai & his developers are.
I'd prefer her Assault costume out of the others we've seen so far, myself. Although I'd rather they did what they did for the spacies in Brawl and made a completely new outfit.

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Usually, fast characters tend to be good in SSB, and Krystal wouldn't feel right if she was slow as molasses. So yeah, she could be a good character, especially with her range. Though it's far too early to say anything considering she is but a mere possibility at the moment.

Would you guys mind if Krystal was Fox's alt ? I mean, she would be playable...sorta. It would be a waste of potential, but at least she'd be in.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Usually, fast characters tend to be good in SSB, and Krystal wouldn't feel right if she was slow as molasses. So yeah, she could be a good character, especially with her range. Though it's far too early to say anything considering she is but a mere possibility at the moment.

Would you guys mind if Krystal was Fox's alt ? I mean, she would be playable...sorta. It would be a waste of potential, but at least she'd be in.
No while your right it would be something different I don't care if she's not as fast because honestly we need something new in star fox

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Oh gosh, please don't say that, because you could be right and I would be extremely annoyed at the amount of content KI got.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Well, if it's because of the 'leak', just know that it's only a rumor until it's confirmed... If it can help, lol. And the DLC part of it was confirmed to be bogus, so... Who's to say that other parts weren't as well ?

Even if she isn't in the game from the get go, nothing indicates that she can't be included later on. I mean, it's not like SSBB where it was a done deal and nothing could be changed.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Well, if it's because of the 'leak', just know that it's only a rumor until it's confirmed... If it can help, lol. And the DLC part of it was confirmed to be bogus, so... Who's to say that other parts weren't as well ?

Even if she isn't in the game from the get go, nothing indicates that she can't be included later on. I mean, it's not like SSBB where it was a done deal and nothing could be changed.
honestly I hope project m could design her or something I mean a lot of work but meh...

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
It's so hard t have faith in sakurai at this point, forget about us getting four reps we are possibly losing our third. Sakurai save us plz...
You're being such a pessimist. The leak is so fake, wolf has just as much chances now as he did earlier.

D

Deleted member

honestly I hope project m could design her or something I mean a lot of work but meh...
I dunno...last time Krystal was voted for Project M, a lot of people rejected the idea of her. All we can do is try to recreate her (Just like the dude who made Waluigi despite also being rejected for Project M)

Top Bottom