• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Talking about Star Fox music... (To all) What's your favourite Star Fox tune? And which one would fit best in a Star Fox themed reveal trailer?
Zoness is my favorite tune. Remixes of the star fox theme should be done for each character fox/falco/krystal with slight differences depending on their personality and wolf gets a remix for his theme.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
I live for this theme.
Assault version>Brawl version :denzel:
Im gonna go check some Star Fox Adventures music to see if there is something Smash worthy.

EDIT: I remember I liked this one. Though it would need a remix to fit into Smash Bros. fast paced style.

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Talking about Star Fox music... (To all) What's your favourite Star Fox tune? And which one would fit best in a Star Fox themed reveal trailer?
I'd have to say Corneria on Star Fox SNES is my favorite. Mainly for its Nostalgic impact, and that it was the first genuine experience I had with Star Fox. That, and I find it just a kick*** theme. I would like to hear a revamped version for Corneria in the new Star Fox Wii U game.

Although, I must admit that I have generally liked many themes from the Star Fox franchise.

As for the reveal trailer? A revamped version of Star Fox 2's Eladard *pipe dream*

Actually, it'd probably be an Assault theme, due to the stage. Although, an Adventures theme would surprise me.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I'd have to say Corneria on Star Fox SNES is my favorite. Mainly for its Nostalgic impact, and that it was the first genuine experience I had with Star Fox. That, and I find it just a kick*** theme. I would like to hear a revamped version for Corneria in the new Star Fox Wii U game.

Although, I must admit that I have generally liked many themes from the Star Fox franchise.

As for the reveal trailer? A revamped version of Star Fox 2's Eladard *pipe dream*

Actually, it'd probably be an Assault theme, due to the stage. Although, an Adventures theme would surprise me.
Cape Claw or Thorntail Hollows theme/stage would be great.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Other then August 28th and gamescom what other dates are supicious for a reveal

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Other then August 28th and gamescom what other dates are supicious for a reveal
Anything after August 28th I'd just expect a roster leak to be honest. We'd be at just about two weeks until release in Japan. We'd know for sure if she's in during that timeframe.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Anything after August 28th I'd just expect a roster leak to be honest. We'd be at just about two weeks until release in Japan. We'd know for sure if she's in during that timeframe.
She could be a hidden character however I really think sakurai knows if he drops news on star fox he's gonna build another train of hype for ssb4

Komenja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Komenja
Hell yeah, SNES Corneria is best Corneria!

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Pretty much anyone who has basic knowledge of Adventures has this as Krystals first moveset. The fact that it's so easy to envision only gives our girl more of a chance in Smash.
Well adventures showed us what the staff could do krystal was mainly in the game as well a love interest for Fox (that reminded me of that first time you go to the palace place as Fox) she was more important in assualt though however this is a huge month for metroid so....hopefully sakurai goes like might as well reveal her with ridley.

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
I still think she could get a moveset inspired in the Star Fox Assault weapons and it would be ok. Or maybe you could give those weapons to Wolf to separate him even more from Fox's moveset.
And the telepathy part of Krystal doesn't appeal to me. We have Lucas or Ness for that. She can ride a grown up Tricky instead for the Final Smash.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
I still think she could get a moveset inspired in the Star Fox Assault weapons and it would be ok. Or maybe you could give those weapons to Wolf to separate him even more from Fox's moveset.
And the telepathy part of Krystal doesn't appeal to me. We have Lucas or Ness for that. She can ride a grown up Tricky instead for the Final Smash.
This came up a long time ago in my head but you know how krystals staff shoots red blasts well like snakes final smash maybe she start firing at them with it and side affects cause them to catch on fire.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Ness and Lucas are mainly capable of telekinesis. Ness had very limited telepathy (being able to understand animals), Lucas had none, and Paula's was fully developed. Krystal's is on par with Paula's, and since Paula isn't in the game (at least not to my knowledge), there shouldn't be too much overlap in that department. It's an idea worth salvaging is what I'm saying. To screw with someone's mind, even for a momentary distraction, could be an interesting idea.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Ness and Lucas are mainly capable of telekinesis. Ness had very limited telepathy (being able to understand animals), Lucas had none, and Paula's was fully developed. Krystal's is on par with Paula's, and since Paula isn't in the game (at least not to my knowledge), there shouldn't be too much overlap in that department. It's an idea worth salvaging is what I'm saying. To screw with someone's mind, even for a momentary distraction, could be an interesting idea.
So kinda like jigglypuffs singing ability except they are stunned is what your getting at.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
So kinda like jigglypuffs singing ability except they are stunned is what your getting at.
Hmm. Not necessarily incapacitated like being in a state of paralysis or slumber, but more like "where's that voice coming from?" Picture a brief pause in what the character is doing, a question mark floats on their head and that's pretty much the extent of it. It's not a Charles Xavier-level brain frying, but something that's used to the effect of a distraction.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Hmm. Not necessarily incapacitated like being in a state of paralysis or slumber, but more like "where's that voice coming from?" Picture a brief pause in what the character is doing, a question mark floats on their head and that's pretty much the extent of it. It's not a Charles Xavier-level brain frying, but something that's used to the effect of a distraction.
Oh that makes alot more sense

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
You all are correct, I was expecting a Zelda character reveal yesterday, but I was wrong, but for all we know, Krystal could be revealed tomorrow, with Sakurai, expect the unexpected

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
You all are correct, I was expecting a Zelda character reveal yesterday, but I was wrong, but for all we know, Krystal could be revealed tomorrow, with Sakurai, expect the unexpected
Well not much a trend but falco,krystal,and ridley are going to be revealed I guess since sakurai said we where at the bottom of the barrel for newcomers trailers but wolf will likely be hidden

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I agree with that. Since Namco is developing the game, I think it would be more likely to have an Assault Final Smash than an Adventures final smash.
I'm pretty sure that it's sakurai that comes up with the movesets, namco likely doesn't have any input on that

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Guys sorry for going off topic, if Snake is cut, could Leon Kennedy make a good replacement (Sakurai only said one rep per third party series, he never said anything about 3rd Parties having two series,and why not Resident Evil?, RE is an iconic series, that everyone who's played a video game knows, and RE has a history of being on Nintendo consoles, (Resident Evil was remade for Wii and DS, RE2 was released on N64 and GC, RE3 was on GameCube, RE: Code Veronica was on GameCube, RE Zero was on GameCube and Wii, Resident Evil 4 , RE: Revelations, and RE : The Mercenaries 3D)?

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
If Snake were to be cut, I would give his moveset to Sami from Advance Wars who is conveniently another character I would love to have in Smash.

So to sum things up, what do we have for Starfox ? Fox McCloud, Assist Andross, Smart Bomb item, Greatfox Stage. That's pretty small. Then again, what do we know about Mother ?

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
If Snake were to be cut, I would give his moveset to Sami from Advance Wars who is conveniently another character I would love to have in Smash.

So to sum things up, what do we have for Starfox ? Fox McCloud, Assist Andross, Smart Bomb item, Greatfox Stage. That's pretty small. Then again, what do we know about Mother ?
The number of Mother reps is zero. Goose egg. That doesn't surprise me, though. Ness has been hidden and teased on multiple occasions. Star Fox is a different matter. Now that we have content on every significant level, I don't know what to think in regards to a potential character reveal. Anything could happen, which is both a scary and exciting prospect. We may still get additional details about Great Fox prior to launch, and it could even tie in with a trailer of some kind much in the same way Arena Ferox did with the Robin reveal.

Guys sorry for going off topic, if Snake is cut, could Leon Kennedy make a good replacement (Sakurai only said one rep per third party series, he never said anything about 3rd Parties having two series,and why not Resident Evil?, RE is an iconic series, that everyone who's played a video game knows, and RE has a history of being on Nintendo consoles, (Resident Evil was remade for Wii and DS, RE2 was released on N64 and GC, RE3 was on GameCube, RE: Code Veronica was on GameCube, RE Zero was on GameCube and Wii, Resident Evil 4 , RE: Revelations, and RE : The Mercenaries 3D)?
I'm glad you brought this up! Being a bit of an RE fan, I can say Leon would make a feasible recipient of Snake's skills, though realistically speaking, he'd be a big hassle to get for that purpose alone (unless Capcom cooperates as willingly as they did with Mega Man). Princess Toady brought up Sami, who I know nothing about, but can determine won't present as many legal obstacles as a third party character would. An Advance Wars character would be easier to use as a "replacement" for Solid Snake, but Leon is still a fun alternative.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord

Just googled her. she seems pretty cool. LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE NOW I WANT MORE UNLIKELY CHARACTERS!

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I seem to have a knack for supporting unlikely characters, haha. *shot*

I think it shows given I have yet to have a newcomer I wanted in SSB4 (and I got no one in Brawl either so...). I'm hoping Krystal will break this trend !

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I'm glad you brought this up! Being a bit of an RE fan, I can say Leon would make a feasible recipient of Snake's skills, though realistically speaking, he'd be a big hassle to get for that purpose alone (unless Capcom cooperates as willingly as they did with Mega Man). Princess Toady brought up Sami, who I know nothing about, but can determine won't present as many legal obstacles as a third party character would. An Advance Wars character would be easier to use as a "replacement" for Solid Snake, but Leon is still a fun alternative.
Leon coupd be DLC to promote Re7, Of course, the moveset would need some minor alterations, (I.e replacing the Nikita with a RE rocket launcher, giving Leon, a handgun or shotgun ), changing the taunts, and giving Leon a different final smash, let's work on that, though his appearances should be RE4 (default), RE6, and RE2, and his theme is from Re4 mercenaries

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Does anyone think we'll have any worthwhile news by the end of this Friday in regards to Krystal's chances?

Leon coupd be DLC to promite Re7, Of course, the moveset would need some minor alterations, (I.e replacing the Nikita with a RE rocket launcher, giving Leon, a handgun or shotgun ), changing the taunts, and giving Leon a different final smash, let's work on that, though his appearances should be RE4 (default), RE6, and RE2, and his theme is from Re4 mercenaries
Ugh. I do agree with you and have thoughts to add to that, but in the interest of not derailing this thread, I'll PM you my 20 page essay later on. As Sakurai would say, "I hope you'll look forward to my posts." :troll:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Does anyone think we'll have any worthwhile news by the end of this Friday in regards to Krystal's chances?

Ugh. I do agree with you and have thoughts to add to that, but in the interest of not derailing this thread, I'll PM you my 20 page essay later on. As Sakurai would say, "I hope you'll look forward to my posts." :troll:
Okay, what would Krystal's codecs be, write them, such as Fox and Slippy providing encouragement to her, and what would Snake's (if he got in), codec be for Krystal, can you write them,! And this picture of Krystal is so cute
Foxy_plushy_by_BlackWingedHeart87.png

D

Deleted member

Probably not as much as I want it to happen...

May have to wait until next week or so case the roster gets leaked

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
So I was gulping an entire video of Star Fox Assault playthrough. And got me more pumped for Krystal being playable in Smash Bros 4. I think she escalated to my 2nd most wanted newcomer... scratch that, she is tied King K. Rool in 1st now atm. Maybe I'll do some fanart.

Speaking of Assault: of all the 10 missions, Slippy accompanies you in 1 on foot, Falco in none (while he whines about Fox getting all the action, he prefers the air after all) and Krystal in 2 missions she goes on foot next to you, even if her AI is useless and she stays in one small area killing 1 enemy per minute. So, tell me again. Who is suited more for ground combat Falco?.

I think I like her Assault incarnation the most: after Adventures where she only appeared a little then proceeded to make her Han Solo impersonation the rest of the game (frozen), and before Command where she became naggy and left Fox in like 3 different endings.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
I want Krystal, but I also want Slippy and Peppy. Yeah, that's right, I want six playable Star Fox characters. It'll never happen, but I love each and every one of them and feel they all play an important role to the Star Fox series.

Krystal does have the most potential though, and I'd KILL for some Star Fox Adventures/Dinosaur Planet content (a stage with David Wise music.... oooooooh GOD, is the thought of that dreamy, not to mention potential new arrangements by David Wise now that he's back with Nintendo.)

It always used to bother me that they included Falco but not Peppy and Slippy. Back before Melee, there was nothing about Falco that put him on a pedestal above the other teammates, there was Fox, and then there were the others... But Melee decided to make Falco a sidekick to Fox, and that always rubbed me the wrong way. Not that I'd want them to remove Falco, I'm glad he's there, I just don't think it's very fair to Slippy and Peppy who got just as much screentime and attention in SF SNES and SF64.

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman

I don't think we will get a newcomer till a smash direct. Then again what do I know.
Okay, what would Krystal's codecs be, write them, such as Fox and Slippy providing encouragement to her, and what would Snake's (if he got in), codec be for Krystal, can you write them,! And this picture of Krystal is so cuteView attachment 20598
Love the picture. Also for codec
Snake: What's this another fox?
Colonel: That's Krystal a member of team star fox. She is known to be a telepathic.
Snake:That ain't falco.
Colonel: No, Krystal's home planet is called Sauria. When her planet was in trouble team star fox were sent to help. When Krystal and fox first met it was love at first sight. She joined the team after Fox Mccloud saved her and planet sauria.
Snake: Hmm Interesting. What's with that weapon I never seen it before.
Colonel: That's a staff snake. The staff can excel in close range combat as well as ranged so be careful.....Still seem to have a thing with foxes, dont you, snake? :denzel: (This part references a part of Fox's codecs.)
Snake: Don't Remind Me...
:troll:
Just thought I'd try. Lol

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
"I can feel it...

Light... dimming...

Hope... fading...

Nearing... Graveyard... not again... please..."

Death from the Smash Brothers world came by and left me a note:

"Denied. Too early to call."

Drama aside, I can't help but feel more and more anxious about Krystal each recent passing day. It's mainly because I look forward to more information about the Great Fox stage---in a specific timely manner (*cough*certain theory going around*cough*). We've got only two more potd's this week, and we're bound for an imminent reveal of the date for the next general Nintendo direct.

Every once and a while we all have our downs---short or long---even if they're over small things that might not mean anything in the bigger picture. Perspective is a funny thing...

I guess this is just a testament to how much I admire the Smash Brothers and Star Fox franchises.

I seek something to spark my hopes anew, Sakurai-senpai...

Although, I have to say, perhaps the most significant day for the information to be revealed would be on a Friday (since most, if not all, of the other significant-to-the-theory additional info stage potd's were on Fridays), so...

I also have an amazing post waiting for the potential Assault Great Fox information potd that I really want to share, it'd liven up this thread...

Last edited:
Top Bottom