• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
I'm starting to doubt that she would use her staff, and especially don't believe she would use any elemental powers. They would likely give her weapons, like maybe the grenade from Assault or a rifle of some kind. She may use her staff for standard attacks, but they would likely give her Star Fox weaponry for specials.

Weavel

Smash Ace
I'm starting to doubt that she would use her staff, and especially don't believe she would use any elemental powers. They would likely give her weapons, like maybe the grenade from Assault or a rifle of some kind. She may use her staff for standard attacks, but they would likely give her Star Fox weaponry for specials.
She has an electric staff that she is rumored to have but is never seen, it would be perfect to fit in with the tech savy star fox pilots.

Also a neat little thing, had a dream Krystal got in but used guns.

That bugged me.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
But that's krystal's signature weapon, when you think of krystal, you think of the staff. Plus that would make her much more unique and that's clearly what sakurai's going for in this game

Weavel

Smash Ace
It still bugs me Roslina got into this game, maybe if I played the mario galaxies I could get an appreciation for her.
But its also a move that tells us much about what Sakurai looks for in characters, and makes me more hopeful for Krystal.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
It still bugs me Roslina got into this game, maybe if I played the mario galaxies I could get an appreciation for her.
But its also a move that tells us much about what Sakurai looks for in characters, and makes me more hopeful for Krystal.
You haven't played the mario galaxies?
What are you doing with you're life?
jk but still

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
It's been a few days since I've been here. What'd I miss?

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
To get some discussion going on here I'm going to share a little story with you all. Ok, last night I decided to humor myself, so I went on to GameFaqs to check the latest Krystal talk on their Smash forum. The most recent Krystal thread contained your basic haters & supporters so I decided to make a post for the hell of it. Here it is:

#90ArcaneKitsunePosted
The people on this board make me laugh when they say only furries want Krystal in Smash. I'll tell you right now that's a bunch of BS. They aren't the only ones who want her in the game you know. For example I want her in the game because I see her potential as a unique Star Fox character that will have a different moveset, and not just a copy & paste of Fox like Falco or Wolf.

Also you say Krystal is over sexualized yet you don't complain about the other animal characters in the game. The only time Krystal is over sexualized is in Adventures. Plus the rule 34 crap is overrated imo. Just because some people in the world have a bizarre fetish for Krystal doing naughty things doesn't instantly make said character bad.

Finally if you want to blame someone for the bad Star Fox games blame the writers not Krystal.
/QUOTE]
It's not the best response, but it works none the less. Anyway I went to bed afterwards and woke up to this lovely response. Here it is:

#92GoldenFox98Posted
ArcaneKitsune posted...
The people on this board make me laugh when they say only furries want Krystal in Smash. I'll tell you right now that's a bunch of BS. They aren't the only ones who want her in the game you know.

The furry saying that furries aren't the only people who want Krystal in Smash. Honestly you're not fooling anyone running around with the name you have.
/QUOTE]

After seeing this adorable response I came back with this:

#111ArcaneKitsunePosted
GoldenFox98 posted...
ArcaneKitsune posted...
The people on this board make me laugh when they say only furries want Krystal in Smash. I'll tell you right now that's a bunch of BS. They aren't the only ones who want her in the game you know.

The furry saying that furries aren't the only people who want Krystal in Smash. Honestly you're not fooling anyone running around with the name you have.

Wow you sir are dead wrong about me. This goes to shoe how f$3@&ed up the logic here is on GameFaqs when it comes to Krystal in smash. I can see where you're coming from because of my name, but don't judge a book by its cover. Just because Kitsune is in my name doesn't automatically make me a furry dude.
/QUOTE]

As stated in my post above, this shows how f$#@$ed up the logic is on GameFaqs when it comes to Krystal in Smash.
Sorry about the jumbled mess I tried every thing to fix it and nothing works.:( If anyone can help me that would be nice. Thank You!!!:bee:

Last edited:

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
It's actually making me want to go on that forum and tell them off, but I'll refrain.

I'm too young for an aneurism.

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
To get some discussion going on here I'm going to share a little story with you all. Ok, last night I decided to humor myself, so I went on to GameFaqs to check the latest Krystal talk on their Smash forum. The most recent Krystal thread contained your basic haters & supporters so I decided to make a post for the hell of it.
It's fairly easy to see why you got yelled back at. You gave them some bait (username). When making an argument anywhere, NEVER have any bait on you.

Also, sorry. I don't think I would've been able to take you seriously, either.

After being stuck in the ridley thread I made a little theory if ridley is confirmed krystal will to since both franchises are heavily involved with space...meaning a reveal trailer can happen on any star fox anniversary or metroid anniversary
Relevant:

Last edited:

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
After being stuck in the ridley thread I made a little theory if ridley is confirmed krystal will to since both franchises are heavily involved with space...meaning a reveal trailer can happen on any star fox anniversary or metroid anniversary

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
That's an incredibly broad assumption. Two games from space will not correlate to each other in Smash reveals, unless there was some evidence to back it up.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
It's fairly easy to see why you got yelled back at. You gave them some bait (username). When making an argument anywhere, NEVER have any bait on you.

Also, sorry. I don't think I would've been able to take you seriously, either.
Does my username really scream "I'm a furry" that much? Arcane means mysterious and Kitsune is japanese for fox. How is that saying I'm a furry? Also funny enough his username has Fox in it yet people don't chew him out saying he's a furry.

Last edited:

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
That's an incredibly broad assumption. Two games from space will not correlate to each other in Smash reveals, unless there was some evidence to back it up.
Oh back up evidence eh? Well the pyrosphere stage is on a space station...
Edit:its getting its one year anniversary as well on the 20th

Last edited:

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Oh back up evidence eh? Well the pyrosphere stage is on a space station...
Edit:its getting its one year anniversary as well on the 20th
I don't think you understand.

Just because Metroid and Star Fox take place in space does not mean that they'll be more likely to have a co reveal.

You have to understand, there's much more to it than just looking at two games from space.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine

Just because Metroid and Star Fox take place in space does not mean that they'll be more likely to have a co reveal.

You have to understand, there's much more to it than just looking at two games from space.
Well who wouldve thought fire emblem and f-zero would happen...

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Does my username really scream "I'm a furry" that much? Arcane means mysterious and Kitsune is japanese for fox. How is that saying I'm a furry? Also funny enough his username has Fox in it yet people don't chew him out saying he's a furry.
I don't assume one's a fury until I see fur-related pictures, or they just plain up say, "I'm a furry."

Those people on GameFAQ's are ridiculous.

They leave no room for debate, but instead try to overbare you with stubborn responses that don't even contribute to the debate.

If you don't like the character, that's completely fine, but at least be fair in your arguments.

D

Deleted member

Thats like saying Mario will get another newcomer along with WarioWare because their titles have Mini-games.

It's been ages since I last came here, but I just had to post this.
View attachment 20693
Lovin my Krystal render being used :p (Not that I have a problem with it)

To get some discussion going on here I'm going to share a little story with you all. Ok, last night I decided to humor myself, so I went on to GameFaqs to check the latest Krystal talk on their Smash forum. The most recent Krystal thread contained your basic haters & supporters so I decided to make a post for the hell of it. Here it is:

Sorry about the jumbled mess I tried every thing to fix it and nothing works.:( If anyone can help me that would be nice. Thank You!!!:bee:
I wouldn't necessary blame the writers, I'd blame Miyamoto (But then of course they'll defend cause Miyamoto)

Last edited by a moderator:

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
I wonder when Sakurai will reveal more information on the new Star Fox stage. Its been about two weeks when he teased the new stage and nothing else has been said about it since then.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Hey guys, is Krystal's voice actor British? Just curious because she sounded British kinda like Bonnie Wright during the smash taunts in Brawl.
Nope, Alesia Glidewell is from California, (I think.)

She also voiced ZSS, and Knuckle Joe.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace

I can back the co-reveal with a theory---an interesting one, at that. Not evidence, but a theory.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/30357/rumored-star-foxmetroid-crossover-put-to-rest

Remember that rumor of a Star Fox/Metroid crossover that Retro was working on in the year 2012? Well, it was "apparently" shot down. People spread the rumor pertaining to a game, which was false. In the end, everyone thought that the secret project was instead Tropical Freeze.

Let me ask you though: Is Tropical Freeze really a "secret project", especially after previously working on a title from the same franchise?

One quote from this interview, only now in retrospect, seems to stand out:

"The idea of Star Fox and Metroid crossing paths in a more unified Nintendo universe represented but one of several potential team-up projects that Nintendo has been considering.”

Short recap, so far: Nintendo considering crossing franchise paths, back in 2012, in a "more unified Nintendo universe".

This "more unified Nintendo universe" sounds a lot like Smash Brothers, at least to me.

Fast-forward to today: Look at the Smash Brothers trailers---they cross paths with their Franchises. Examples: Fire Emblem/F-Zero, Zelda/Kid Icarus, etc.

Point: What if the "secret project" from Retro Studios is a Smash Brothers newcomer trailer?

Back then, everyone thought the rumor was about a game, which allowed Retro to put the rumor to rest without lying (even if they were really working on the crossover---as a trailer). Instead, it could be a trailer they made a while back that Sakurai keeps in his "stash", and under that definition, it wouldn't be a game.

Here is an actual piece of evidence to back this possibility:

In that quote, it states that it would be "one of the potential team-up projects that Nintendo has been considering." Sakurai and his team have already teamed up with other studios to make newcomer trailers. A few prime examples:

1. Little Mac's trailer.
  2. Palutena's trailer.
  3. Robin/Lucina's trailer.

On to the possibility of Ridley:

We all are aware of the possibility of the stage reveal linking towards the reveal of Krystal with the Assault Great Fox stage (under the currently unbroken theory), right? In this sense, Krystal is possible for the next reveal.

However, there is only one other character who has never directly been mentioned by Sakurai, only teased (and teased for quite a while, might I add): Ridley.

So, how possible is this to happen? I honestly don't know. All I will say is that it certainly would add up nicely, especially since 2012 was the year that focused on making the roster for the new Smash Brothers game. Of course, nobody probably would have tied this into that because Smash wasn't even revealed at E3 yet (going by the date of the article).

It also makes sense, time-wise, as it's almost time to release the game in Japan---it would create unfathomable hype. Besides, Ridley was arguably "the King" of pre-Brawl era popular characters, while Krystal was arguably "the Queen".

Seeing the quality that Retro can dish out---and that their name would make sense to use Star Fox and Metroid---just makes sense for something like this to be their "secret project".

It's a lot to take in, but only time will tell.

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage

I'm not surprised you were met with that response. I'm probably preaching to the choir here, but I'll say it anyway.

Rule #1 about GameFAQs: the Smash boards are cancer. Rarely will you ever find an intelligent discussion there. The boards are dominated by trolls, bandwagon opinions, perverts, whiners, and casual vs competitive flame wars. Not to mention, daring to bring up Ridley or Sheik's gender will instantly start a nuclear war there. I have lurked there for 3 years to see if there is any upcoming news because of how fast I can get information there, but there have been many times that I had to leave in order to maintain my sanity.

EDIT: Since I posted this an hour ago, I encountered a topic that stated that Krystal shouldn't be in the game because she "represents the negative turning point of the Starfox series", and she "would stain the internet with some of the worst fanart imaginable". As if Rule 34 potential is a viable reason to exclude a character. By that logic, Rosalina, Lucina, and Palutena should be excluded from the game as well. Not to mention Fox, Falco, and Wolf with all of the fanart surrounding them.

Last edited:

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
I can back the co-reveal with a theory---an interesting one, at that. Not evidence, but a theory.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/30357/rumored-star-foxmetroid-crossover-put-to-rest

Remember that rumor of a Star Fox/Metroid crossover that Retro was working on in the year 2012? Well, it was "apparently" shot down. People spread the rumor pertaining to a game, which was false. In the end, everyone thought that the secret project was instead Tropical Freeze.

Let me ask you though: Is Tropical Freeze really a "secret project", especially after previously working on a title from the same franchise?

"The idea of Star Fox and Metroid crossing paths in a more unified Nintendo universe represented but one of several potential team-up projects that Nintendo has been considering.”

Short recap, so far: Nintendo considering crossing franchise paths, back in 2012, in a "more unified Nintendo universe".

This "more unified Nintendo universe" sounds a lot like Smash Brothers, at least to me.

Fast-forward to today: Look at the Smash Brothers trailers---they cross paths with their Franchises. Examples: Fire Emblem/F-Zero, Zelda/Kid Icarus, etc.

Point: What if the "secret project" from Retro Studios is a Smash Brothers newcomer trailer?

Back then, everyone thought the rumor was about a game, which allowed Retro to put the rumor to rest without lying (even if they were really working on the crossover---as a trailer). Instead, it could be a trailer they made a while back that Sakurai keeps in his "stash", and under that definition, it wouldn't be a game.

In that quote, it states that it would be "one of the potential team-up projects that Nintendo has been considering." Sakurai and his team have already teamed up with other studios to make newcomer trailers. A few prime examples:

1. Little Mac's trailer.
  2. Palutena's trailer.

We all are aware of the possibility of the stage reveal linking towards the reveal of Krystal with the Assault Great Fox stage (under the currently unbroken theory), right? In this sense, Krystal is possible for the next reveal.

However, there is only one other character who has never directly been mentioned by Sakurai, only teased (and teased for quite a while, might I add): Ridley.

So, how possible is this to happen? I honestly don't know. All I will say is that it certainly would add up nicely, especially since 2012 was the year that focused on making the roster for the new Smash Brothers game. Of course, nobody probably would have tied this into that because Smash wasn't even revealed at E3 yet (going by the date of the article).

It also makes sense, time-wise, as it's almost time to release the game in Japan---it would create unfathomable hype. Besides, Ridley was arguably "the King" of pre-Brawl era popular characters, while Krystal was arguably "the Queen".

Seeing the quality that Retro can dish out---and that their name would make sense to use Star Fox and Metroid---just makes sense for something like this to be their "secret project".

Wow well go give this information to the ridley forum as well that would give them something.

Weavel

Smash Ace
I'm getting really tired of everything trying to relate Krystal to all these rule 34 art, that kind of artwork comes with the territory of any popular series, and yet I don't see mewtwo getting shunned for being a pokemon of a character in a universe with a ton of furry characters.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Wow well go give this information to the ridley forum as well that would give them something.
I shall, but I'll also tie in the stage theory as well, because that might have to be explained to them too, to understand the full story.

EDIT: Should have waited for me; I would have mitigated the impact of the thread.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Rule 34 is extremely pervasive, and some franchises may have it far worse than Star Fox. It's preposterous to use that as a con against Krystal. That's a reason completely unrelated to gameplay potential or merit.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine

1. Little Mac's trailer.
  2. Palutena's trailer.

I shall, but I'll also tie in the stage theory as well, because that might have to be explained to them too, to understand the full story.

EDIT: Should have waited for me; I would have mitigated the impact of the thread.
Just help me out these guys on ridley dont budge

Top Bottom