• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Working on it.

EDIT: Finally done. Let's see if anything happens. I've exhausted my mental capacity on that single post over the past few hours---don't expect me to reply on that thread.
I'm still waiting on that moveset for Krystal...

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
I'm still waiting on that moveset for Krystal...
Admittedly, I've been stumbling over certain aspects of the moveset. I'm thinking about cutting back on some of the descriptions of certain moves---namely the parts that use the staff. Specifically, I've been attempting to visualize and describe just how the staff would be used (for example, describing the movement and whatnot---it reads nicely, but I feel it could be a bit much). By the way, the moveset isn't complex. Far from it, actually---it's fun, inventive, and intuitive. There's just a lot of detail with what happens in each move.

As for her other moves that don't use the staff (namely a few aerials or smashes---all of her ground-based normals use the staff in my moveset), they don't have such detail planned.

The reason why I went into detail with the staff was to provide those who are less able to see the uniqueness of the staff with ways to better visualize the possibilities themselves. At least, that was my rationale.

The main factor, I believe, that put a temporary halt on my work on the moveset was a spot of depression (in real life, not related to Krystal). I hadn't mustered the courage to explain why it was taking longer than expected until now. I'm feeling much better though, especially after I've gotten a few things sorted out. I think I can resume working on the moveset again.

Although, about the first paragraph...

Should I continue describing the moveset in intricate detail? I certainly can, but it will take some time. I sort of overestimated my ability last Saturday when I said that it could have been done that day...

I almost feel like I've been letting all of you down, though... I really want to finish it, and I know I can. I've got some great ideas that I have committed to memory.

EDIT: I'm currently at 3,260 words, if you want a word count. Estimated 19-23% complete with the moveset itself.

EDIT #2: This is concise wording, by the way. I usually edit my writing as I progress, not afterwards. Yeah, I know. I'm strange :)

EDIT #3: I guess it could be compared to the level of visualization required from a developer---as in implementing a moveset with a character, if that helps.

Last edited:

Weavel

Smash Ace
So whats everyone doing to pass the time while they wait for the reveal? It is absolutely destroying me and I'm in need of a good distraction.

D

Deleted member

So whats everyone doing to pass the time while they wait for the reveal? It is absolutely destroying me and I'm in need of a good distraction.
Watch TheSw1tcher do some "Two best friends play" (Prefrebly games made by David Cage such as Indigo Prophecy & Heavy Rain)

Anyways...more Star Fox Assault characters, even on 3DS! (Look on the left of Phantom)

For those that don't remember, its Andrew Oikonny

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Looks like there's one more day to present the additional Star Fox Wii U stage's information in a timely fashion.

Otherwise, anything can happen.

I'm still hoping for a general Nintendo direct announcement this month, or maybe even a Smash direct.

Weavel

Smash Ace
Watch TheSw1tcher do some "Two best friends play" (Prefrebly games made by David Cage such as Indigo Prophecy & Heavy Rain)

Anyways...more Star Fox Assault characters, even on 3DS! (Look on the left of Phantom)

For those that don't remember, its Andrew Oikonny
The nephew of Andross, didn't he die in assault?

Weavel

Smash Ace
Nope, he came back in Command. He survived the attack from the Aparoids
I beat command I don't recall see him in there! There was that new monkey guy thought but he looks totally different.

Command isnt canon
Yes it is, its even quoted in Krystal's trophy on brawl, there is no source that says it is not canon. Its right to assume it took the default ending, unless a sequel states otherwise.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I beat command I don't recall see him in there! There was that new monkey guy thought but he looks totally different.
He was on Fichina, you fought him as a boss on there. (That new monkey guy I'm assume you are refferin to Dash Bowman)

Last edited by a moderator:

Weavel

Smash Ace
He was on Fichina, you fought him as a boss on there. (That new monkey guy I'm assume you are refferin to Dash Bowman)

Ah, okay thanks. I'm gonna boot the game up again, I can't seem to remember this.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master

Yes it is, its even quoted in Krystal's trophy on brawl, there is no source that says it is not canon. Its right to assume it took the default ending, unless a sequel states otherwise.
starfox wiki i believe says its uncannon

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
If Command is canon, I wish it wasn't. In my opinion, that game singlehandedly butchered Krystal's character (seriously, she acts like a complete **** the entire game), and the new characters sound to me like they were born out of bad fanfiction. Slippy suddenly has a girlfriend, Peppy suddenly has a daughter that he never mentioned, and Andross suddenly has a grandson who was never mentioned. Also, I think most, if not all of the endings are complete garbage.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
It does not, and I have read it extensively.
Last time I looked I believe that they were going to wave command off as noncanon, but idk maybe they arent. Who knows but im pretty sure ive read a couple sources saying that command will most likely be noncannon.

I believe this info was based off a couple interviews if i recall..

Last edited:

Demented Dex

Smash Cadet

Matters like this make me worry about her inclusion in Smash Bros again. It's like... story-wise, if she really does part ways with Fox, there wouldn't be a reason for her to join the Smash roster. Unless... she'd join as a member of Star Wolf (which I personally don't want). In addition to that, there's the possibility of her having an Adventures/Assault-based moveset, an appearance that could be based on any of her designs, while being an affiliate of Star Wolf? It just doesn't make much sense. It even sounds like a huge mess, personally.

Weavel

Smash Ace
Last time I looked I believe that they were going to wave command off as noncanon, but idk maybe they arent. Who knows but im pretty sure ive read a couple sources saying that command will most likely be noncannon.
Many people want command to be non canon just as I want metroid other M to be non canon. There is some stuff where the canon is debatable but we just have to wait for a sequel to be sure.

Also have you been reading about Star fox wii u? I don't know whether or not to be excited or scared. Here's the quote.

Miyamoto has stated that the game's main storyline and overall presentation will be structured episodically, taking inspiration from the 1960s television series Thunderbirds, with the main missions featuring traditional Star Fox gameplay acting as "primetime programming," while side-missions featuring more quirky, experimental gameplay mechanics (such as those found in Project Guard and Project Giant Robot) act as "late-night programming."

Matters like this make me worry about her inclusion in Smash Bros again. It's like... story-wise, if she really does part ways with Fox, there wouldn't be a reason for her to join the Smash roster. Unless... she'd join as a member of Star Wolf (which I personally don't want). In addition to that, there's the possibility of her having an Adventures/Assault-based moveset, an appearance that could be based on any of her designs, while being an affiliate of Star Wolf? It just doesn't make much sense. It even sounds like a huge mess, personally.
The ending if she stays with star wolf, she ends up leaving them because the populace treats her badly for abandoning fox and she becomes a bounty hunter named Kursed. Even if this happened it wouldn't effect her play style, like I have been saying she is rumored to carry an electric staff and she could use it and blend in with the tech savy people.

But it's highly likely it follows the default ending.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
He's still stuck on Thunderbirds?

Edit: Know what? Nevermind. I'll reserve judgement until I see the first gameplay trailer.

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Many people want command to be non canon just as I want metroid other M to be non canon. There is some stuff where the canon is debatable but we just have to wait for a sequel to be sure.

Also have you been reading about Star fox wii u? I don't know whether or not to be excited or scared. Here's the quote.

Miyamoto has stated that the game's main storyline and overall presentation will be structured episodically, taking inspiration from the 1960s television series Thunderbirds, with the main missions featuring traditional Star Fox gameplay acting as "primetime programming," while side-missions featuring more quirky, experimental gameplay mechanics (such as those found in Project Guard and Project Giant Robot) act as "late-night programming."
To me, that sounds interesting. I like the idea of splitting up the missions into 2 different styles. That way, the old Star Fox gameplay can be separate from the new, experimental stuff. Miyamoto can keep the fan demands for classic gameplay while still creating a new experience.

For the record, I liked Assault. I liked what Namco did with the ground segments and how they integrated them with the on-rails missions, and I liked the seriousness of the story. My only complaint was that the game was too linear and short.

EDIT: Now, the question is: will Miyamoto retcon anything from the newer games, and if he does, how far back will he go?

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master

The ending if she stays with star wolf, she ends up leaving them because the populace treats her badly for abandoning fox and she becomes a bounty hunter named Kursed. Even if this happened it wouldn't effect her play style, like I have been saying she is rumored to carry an electric staff and she could use it and blend in with the tech savy people.

But it's highly likely it follows the default ending.
Miyamoto plz dont ****up again... what is commands default ending btw, its been so long since i beat that terrible game...

Weavel

Smash Ace
Miyamoto plz dont ****up again... what is commands default ending btw, its been so long since i beat that terrible game...
Team gets back together and Star fox learns the true value of friendship:D

I wish I was joking!

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Krystal would be a magnificent addition to the SSB4 roster. She's been heavily popular since her debut in Star Fox Adventures (in spite of that game's less-than-stellar reception), and was one of the most demanded characters for Brawl (and is still largely demanded for SSB4). Plus, Krystal said in Falco's Smash Taunt in Brawl that "I'm [she's] the only one who can come through in a fight like this!", hinting that Sakurai is aware of her demand, while also taking note of her higher chances of actually appearing in a Smash Bros. game in comparison to Peppy's and Slippy's. With Star Fox for Wii U announced, there's no longer a problem with overrepresentation of the Star Fox franchise, so she should be a shoo-in. Now we just wait.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Team gets back together and Star fox learns the true value of friendship:D

I wish I was joking!
To be honest, as campy and stupid as that is, it's not so bad compared to the rest. It certainly beats that BS with "Kursed", or Dash suddenly deciding to follow in his grandfather's footsteps and lead yet ANOTHER Venom-based attack on the Lylat System. Seriously, is life on Venom really that bad? They seem to have an uprising every Tuesday.

Last edited:

Weavel

Smash Ace
So I just looked up what Thunderbirds was, and... My god.. Some Era miyamoto grew up in. My dad is also from an old era and he still likes to watch black and white tv!
Behold thy abomination that birthed the idea for star fox!
Escape and resistance is futile!

Huh? I had heard that the Anglar Emperor ending was the default ending. Which is one that I really don't like.
The one where he gets defeated ect, then fox,friendship and flying away!

Last edited:

Demented Dex

Smash Cadet
So I just looked up what Thunderbirds was, and... My god.. Some Era miyamoto grew up in. My dad is also from an old era and he still likes to watch black and white tv!
Behold thy abomination that birthed the idea for star fox!
Escape and resistance is futile!

The one where he gets defeated ect, then fox,friendship and flying away!

I'll just... try to remain optimistic.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
... :urg: So even more uncertain am I of the series' future now.

Weavel

Smash Ace
... :urg: So even more uncertain am I of the series' future now.
It was the guy's inspiration from the start, and all the star fox games are pretty good.

So don't let its origin idea sway your faith.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The only time you should be worried is if Miyamoto follows the 2004 Thunderbirds instead of the classic 1960 Thunderbirds.

You don't want to see Star Fox like this....do you?

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
Krystal would be a magnificent addition to the SSB4 roster. She's been heavily popular since her debut in Star Fox Adventures (in spite of that game's less-than-stellar reception), and was one of the most demanded characters for Brawl (and is still largely demanded for SSB4). Plus, Krystal said in Falco's Smash Taunt in Brawl that "I'm [she's] the only one who can come through in a fight like this!", hinting that Sakurai is aware of her demand, while also taking note of her higher chances of actually appearing in a Smash Bros. game in comparison to Peppy's and Slippy's. With Star Fox for Wii U announced, there's no longer a problem with overrepresentation of the Star Fox franchise, so she should be a shoo-in. Now we just wait.
Be careful what you say some people don't like when were happy :C I agree with that Easter egg though. Its more then what some of these popular wanted newcomers have.

Last edited:

Weavel

Smash Ace
Be careful what you say some people don't like when were happy :C I agree with that Easter egg though. Its more then what some of these popular wanted newcomers have.
It was Falco's taunt.. Maybe its a sign that she is replacing Falco!

I personally don't mind:D

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Lol Hey Lucina was going to be a alt so who knows.
Nah, Falco's too popular and relevant to the series for an ill-inspired cut, especially to be put in as an alt for Fox, when his moves are unique enough as of Brawl. There won't be any replacements; we'll get to see Fox, Falco, Wolf, and Krystal all share the stage, and it's going to be amazing.

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
Nah, Falco's too popular and relevant to the series for an ill-inspired cut, especially to be put in as an alt for Fox, when his moves are unique enough as of Brawl. There won't be any replacements; we'll get to see Fox, Falco, Wolf, and Krystal all share the stage, and it's going to be amazing.
This is the best outcome.

Top Bottom