• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Keep an eye on Sakurai's twitter. Any event he'll mention will be important. One consistence so far not COMPLETLEY broken : we wants an audience for his trialers. Let's hope the audience this time is all of us and not select jurnos like Pac-Man

D

Deleted member

And its fake, if you look inside the channel, the previous videos are missing.

Sorry I brought this up

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I'm just ****ing tired of this why can't we just have a new reveal by now...Well sakurai knows how to make people lose there minds on a game
Agree, it's too close to the release window for this crap, Sakurai needs to announce the final newcomers for the game now

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Sorry if this was asked already, but what would Krystal's winning quotes against other characters be, even those besides the Star Fox Franchise?

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Its just the anxiety. Techincally we are just one week into August. And Sakurai could make an announcement one day before any day. Some people try to predict it with game anniversaries and special dates and events. But the only truth is the only thing that is certain is that the more time passes, the more likely a reveal is coming.
Thinking of a possible date in theory: this Monday Sakurai announces a newcomer trailer for either the Gamescom at Wednesday or independent from it on Friday. But meanwhile, it will be another boring weekend.
Sorry if this was asked already, but what would Krystal's winning quotes against other characters be, even those besides the Star Fox Franchise?
Besides the expected "Mission Complete" quote. I can see her saying something like "I can read your every move/your thoughts, you are predictable" telepath stuff.

Last edited:

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Its just the anxiety. Techincally we are just one week into August. And Sakurai could make an announcement one day before any day. Some people try to predict it with game anniversaries and special dates and events. But the only truth is the only thing that is certain is that the more time passes, the more likely a reveal is coming.
Thinking of a possible date in theory: this Monday Sakurai announces a newcomer trailer for either the Gamescom at Wednesday or independent from it on Friday. But meanwhile, it will be another boring weekend.

Besides the expected "Mission Complete" quote. I can see her saying something like "I can read your every move/your thoughts, you are predictable" telepath stuff.
Man it's just my paranoia thinking krystal might not be in the game (which I doubt since we get a new star fox character each game) but I'm gonna try to calm down but we have a few Mondays left and gamescom (it's smash 4 so I think sakurai would go to gamescom because the hype around it)

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Man it's just my paranoia thinking krystal might not be in the game (which I doubt since we get a new star fox character each game) but I'm gonna try to calm down but we have a few Mondays left and gamescom (it's smash 4 so I think sakurai would go to gamescom because the hype around it)
well she has quite a few things that lowers her chances.... the biggest strike against her is that she hasn't been in a game in almost a decade.

It is likely she won't be in.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
well she has quite a few things that lowers her chances.... the biggest strike against her is that she hasn't been in a game in almost a decade.

That doesn't matter zero suit Samus (a playable version) hasn't happened since zero mission so no if there's a reason it's not that also new star fox game...

Chalphy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chalphy
That doesn't matter zero suit Samus (a playable version) hasn't happened since zero mission so no if there's a reason it's not that also new star fox game...
Zero Suit Samus is a veteran AND she was playable in Other M.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
shes a veteran character in smash and krystal is a "potential" newcomer... the criteria is totally different.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Enjoy this preach, because Im bored...

The best reason to me for Krystal to appear is that she was highly requested in Brawl era and people love Starfox despite the lack of games. If they want to add one more character from Starfox/female character/character with a good potential moveset Krystal is the one to go.

Donkey Kong is a living series that only has 2 characters and deserves more, Fire Emblem is a living series and got 4 characters and is close of being too much, Starfox is barely living thanks to his 3DS remake (luckily that will change soon) and it had 3 characters last game. So I don't think Starfox deserves 4 newcomers, but it deserves a a rework on their ranks to keep it interesting and not just cloneonerama.

This is what Fire Emblem did, they kept all their swordsmen and even added one more clone. But they also added Robin who had the potential for a different fight style. So they can keep 1 clone on the Fox side (or both, after all, its no problem if they will stay the same) and add Krystal to show people Starfox is not entirely space animals with laser guns and tanks.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace

I've already gone over this.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/06/e3_2014_shigeru_miyamoto_confirms_star_fox_for_wii_u

Star Fox has had a game in development for almost 7 years now. Experimentation counts, as I'm assuming most higher-up Nintendo devs knew the game was in development (including Sakurai). Otherwise, they'd be keeping secrets from each other, which is completely unnecessary.

It's obvious now that Star Fox 64 3D was merely produced to whet our appetites as we waited for the Wii-U game (especially after seeing how long it's taking for them to make). In this light, I highly doubt it has any real negative impact regarding potential newcomers.

Besides, Miyamoto officially dubbed 2015 as "The Year of Star Fox". This could mean anything, but I bet that it's at least on Sakurai's mind. After all, Sakurai once explicitly mentioned "The Year of Luigi" in one of his old potd's. Miyamoto officially dubbed that year first-handed as well.

What effect will this have on Sakurai? Who knows.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/06/11/shigeru-miyamoto-star-fox-wii-u/

The last bit in that interview about Miyamoto playing "Star Fox" in Smash Brothers is something I find intriguing. Why would he say he plays as "Star Fox" and not simply "Fox" for Smash Brothers? It just seems uncharacteristic for the man responsible for creating the Star Fox franchise. Only time will tell, I suppose. I'm not about to get worked up over that, though.

Needless to say, when it comes to Smash Brothers, Star Fox is in an interesting position. Miyamoto is the key---the key that keeps the franchise relevant. I'm also sure that he and Sakurai discuss certain things from time to time. It would be awkward if they didn't.

Point is, I don't think Krystal's chances are as low as you feel they are.

I think what has happened during Brawl's development---regarding the unfortunate revealing of Krystal's non-inclusion as opposed to the voice actress "leak"---has influenced many Smashers to divert their support away from her due to the "sudden shock" (speaking generally here). In the end, many people felt that Krystal "missed the boat".

However, Sm4sh is different. It has already proven this. Brawl had absolutely zero female newcomers. None. How many do we have so far in Sm4sh? 6, including alts? That's practically more than half of them. Besides, we've been given some shocking newcomers already (such as Mega Man, Little Mac, among others). Mega Man seemed long "dead", and Little Mac hasn't had a game in 5 years. Sure, these two characters were heavily requested, but who's to say no one argued their relevancy while they still had support threads? Surely not I...

Last edited:

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
That's probably the only part you read on my post, too.

Bravo.
no i read it... i just didn't feel like writing an essay like you did. So no need for condescension. I prefer to keep my replies simple. I mean. Megaman and Little Mac are iconic and retro gaming characters... theres no comparing them to Krystal... who is really a secondary character in her series. That is why her relevancy matters more... Shes not the main protagonist of her series like those newcomers i've just mentioned. Nor is she really even considered retro or iconic (to nintendo or the gaming world in general)

shes not even confirmed for the new game yet and theres only a month left till the japanese release. The odds are against her. As far as i'm concerned.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
no i read it... i just didn't feel like writing an essay like you did. So no need for condescension. I prefer to keep my replies simple. I mean. Megaman and Little Mac are iconic and retro gaming characters... theres no comparing them to Krystal... who is really a secondary character in her series. That is why her relevancy matters more... Shes not the main protagonist of her series like those newcomers i've just mentioned. Nor is she really even considered retro or iconic (to nintendo or the gaming world in general)

shes not even confirmed for the new game yet and theres only a month left till the japanese release. The odds are against her. As far as i'm concerned.
I agree about Mega Man and Little Mac. The only reason why I brought them up was because they faced similar opposition from people who believed they wouldn't make it, in their support threads (when they were just support threads).

I'm hard-pressed to find a fact-based rebuttal against your clarification with Krystal's position in the franchise.

I will say one thing though: If a "month left until Japanese release" hurts Krystal's chances, they also hurt Ridley's, King K. Rool's, Dixie Kong's, Ghirahim's, and any other popular potential newcomer---regardless of their prominence/position within their franchises.

I apologize if I appeared condescending earlier. I didn't have much to go off of with your reply.

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
I agree about Mega Man and Little Mac. The only reason why I brought them up was because they faced similar opposition from people who believed they wouldn't make it, in their support threads (when they were just support threads).

I'm hard-pressed to find a fact-based rebuttal against your clarification with Krystal's position in the franchise.

I will say one thing though: If a "month left until Japanese release" hurts Krystal's chances, they also hurt Ridley's, King K. Rool's, Dixie Kong's, Ghirahim's, and any other popular potential newcomer---regardless of their prominence/position within their franchises.

I apologize if I appeared condescending earlier. I didn't have much to go off of with your reply.
Don't try to reason with "it".

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Well, I don't find the need to resort to ad hominem---direct or indirect. Out of my interest in learning others' perspectives, I enjoy encouraging discussion---it helps me in future discussions. Sometimes I can come off a bit rough if I'm not provided with a response that I can't make much out of.

Although, there's nothing proving that only prominent characters (within their respective franchises) can make it Smash. No one with enough credibility has said anything on this specific matter.

Even so, Krystal is certainly the most prominent character from Star Fox that remains. That is a fact. It depends on whether or not Sakurai wants to add a newcomer for Star Fox. If yes, it will be her (under the argument of prominence/importance).

As it stands, I'm leaning towards the idea that Sakurai will probably add at least one newcomer from each of these franchises, based on the idea that he may want to give the full impression that he's expanding the Smash Brothers world. After all, this is the next Smash Brothers. Is there any real reason to hold back certain franchises from growing in the Smash Roster? I don't think so. Not even time constraints, since they have the ability to use DLC, if they so choose.

Last edited:

DarkKry4

Smash Ace

i just think that with Krystal in particular, she would at least need to be confirmed for the new star fox for her to be somewhat likely. and in the short time span we have till the Smash 3DS release, the chances of that happening doesn't seem likely (they're still working on the game afterall). Thats what i really meant to say.

this hurts my feelings :(

Top Bottom