• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
No but seriously I dissed about 5 wanted (examples:king k rool and shulk) so I'm gonna get alot of hate
You dissed Shulk and King K.Rool here on Smashboards and lived to tell the tale?! Heh! I got a good chuckle reading that! :laugh:

I used to think King K.Rool was likely towards the beginning of SSB4 speculation but now not so much...

As for Shulk, you may end up eating your words...

I'm not really one to pop in on other character support threads to scoff at other people's choices for wanted newcomers, mainly because I don't want people getting mad at me. So I just keep those opinions to myself.

Anyways, I have to admit I didn't think Krystal was likely until after the Gematsu leak was disproven and the Great Fox stage was revealed. As of now I find her to be a character worth getting my hopes up for. That's why I invest my time here on the Krystal thread. That and I love the community here!

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
He's Han Solo to Luke Skywalker.
Wolf is like Han Solo? That is what you are implying correct? If so, Wolf and Han Solo have one thing in common: they are both bad ***es; however, unlike Han Solo, Wolf takes every opportunity that he can to destroy Star Fox and show his superiority over him.

They did team up (I only recall Star Fox Assault) to take down the Aparoids, but that was more of Wolf seeking vengeance and preventing an outside source from stealing his prey.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
You dissed Shulk and King K.Rool here on Smashboards and lived to tell the tale?! Heh! I got a good chuckle reading that! :laugh:

I used to think King K.Rool was likely towards the beginning of SSB4 speculation but now not so much...

As for Shulk, you may end up eating your words...

I'm not really one to pop in on other character support threads to scoff at other people's choices for wanted newcomers, mainly because I don't want people getting mad at me. So I just keep those opinions to myself.

Anyways, I have to admit I didn't think Krystal was likely until after the Gematsu leak was disproven and the Great Fox stage was revealed. As of now I find her to be a character worth getting my hopes up for. That's why I invest my time here on the Krystal thread. That and I love the community here!
I also dissed mewto and chorus men...I've gotten alot of **** in the attack on titan community for some things I ship but nothing like what happens when you said those 4

mark welford

Smash Ace
I like krystal but I accept I might be the only male like this but indecency is one thing I don't tolerate and those drawings I see when I look up star fox makes me want to say you need Christ in your life

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
He's Han Solo to Luke Skywalker.
Wolf is like Han Solo? That is what you are implying correct? If so, Wolf and Han Solo have one thing in common: they are both bad ***es; however, unlike Han Solo, Wolf takes every opportunity that he can to destroy Star Fox and show his superiority over him.

They did team up (I only recall Star Fox Assault) to take down the Aparoids, but that was more of Wolf seeking vengeance and preventing an outside source from stealing his prey.
I think he was implying that Falco was to Fox as Han Solo is to Luke Skywalker, which I can see. I would compare Wolf more to Boba Fett, because while Wolf and Boba Fett are not the main villains to the story they work for the main villain because they are paid to do so.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
I like krystal but I accept I might be the only male like this but indecency is one thing I don't tolerate and those drawings I see when I look up star fox makes me want to say you need Christ in your life
Oh rule 34....look man not all are Christians but yeah it's somewhat disturbing

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I think he was implying that Falco was to Fox as Han Solo is to Luke Skywalker, which I can see. I would compare Wolf more to Boba Fett, because while Wolf and Boba Fett are not the main villains to the story they work for the main villain because they are paid to do so.
Oh. That makes sense then, I made my point on the assumption that he was relating Wolf to Han Solo.

RingoStarr999

Smash Rookie
Well a star fox character is added each game,sakurai has hinted at krystal,no-one wants slippy or Leon,and krystal is highly wanted so you high or drunk?
You're ignoring the situations in which Falco and Wolf were added. Star Fox was active and successful when they were added, and yet they were still low priority (Falco was a last minute Melee clone, while Wolf was one of the last character added to Brawl). They also had similar movesets to Fox (Falco's definitely more cloned, but Wolf still shares some attacks). So I have no Idea why you think we're going to get a completely unique and new Star Fox character when the series isn't doing so well.

Sakurai has not hinted at Krystal in anyway.

Wolf was less wanted than Krystal for Brawl and yet he still got in over her. Popularity doesn't always matter. Heck, look at Rosalina. Toad and Waluigi were much more requested, and yet she got in over them.

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
You're ignoring the situations in which Falco and Wolf were added. Star Fox was active and successful when they were added, and yet they were still low priority (Falco was a last minute Melee clone, while Wolf was one of the last character added to Brawl). They also had similar movesets to Fox (Falco's definitely more cloned, but Wolf still shares some attacks). So I have no Idea why you think we're going to get a completely unique and new Star Fox character when the series isn't doing so well.

Wolf was less wanted than Krystal for Brawl and yet he still got in over her. Popularity doesn't always matter. Heck, look at Rosalina. Toad and Waluigi were much more requested, and yet she got in over them.
:denzel: I'm not even gonna waste my time over these things anymore.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
As it stands, Krystal is neither confirmed or disconfirmed.

If Krystal was an AT, I'd be curious as to why they didn't show her earlier. Why would they wait almost a year-and-a-half to break that sort of news, when you could have done it back when Skull Kid, Ashley and many other popular potential newcomers were disconfirmed? She hasn't popped up in the known trophies, or anywhere else for that matter. Slippy is also noticeably absent. At this point, I feel that there could be two things happening:

1, they have something special planned for Star Fox. This could be some sort of reveal, or just an added hidden newcomer. This next week of potd's will be interesting---time to see whether or not they'll keep us in the dark about the new Star Fox stage...

2, they have nothing planned for Star Fox.

Only time will tell.

And yet, anything can happen.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord

The fact that Falco and Wolf are clones is why Krystal needs to be added. Sakurai has no doubt heard the annoyance of having 3 space animals with similar movesets and Krystal would be perfect to rectify that issue. He probably also noticed the disappointment after finding out Wolf was in instead of Krystal due to the whole voice actress thing.

Also Rosalina is pretty popular. I have no idea how much Toad and Waluigi were requested but Rosi was also probably requested as well and she has been in quite a few games like Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart.

mark welford

Smash Ace
The fact that Falco and Wolf are clones is why Krystal needs to be added. Sakurai has no doubt heard the annoyance of having 3 space animals with similar movesets and Krystal would be perfect to rectify that issue. He probably also noticed the disappointment after finding out Wolf was in instead of Krystal due to the whole voice actress thing.

Also Rosalina is pretty popular. I have no idea how much Toad and Waluigi were requested but Rosi was also probably requested as well and she has been in quite a few games like Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart.
wolf is not a clone! just because he shares a FS and some specials which work differently than fox and falco does not mean he is a clone also toad and waluigi has been around longer than Rosalina so they are more requested

Luminario

Smash Lord
wolf is not a clone! just because he shares a FS and some specials which work differently than fox and falco does not mean he is a clone also toad and waluigi has been around longer than Rosalina so they are more requested
Okay he's a luigified clone. It's really easy to compare the Starfox scenario with Fire Emblem. If Krystal were to be included she would be the Robin of Starfox, a unique fighter that the series has never had in Smash Bros before (also Fox = Marth, Falco = Lucina, Wolf = Ike)
I couldn't give a **** if those two have been around longer, Rosalina was the most unique choice out of all Mario characters and makes the most sense. Sakurai certainly made the right choice with her.

Star Wars is such ****.
didn't Star Wars 4-6 have only 2 women in the entire galaxy?

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
Okay he's a luigified clone. It's really easy to compare the Starfox scenario with Fire Emblem. If Krystal were to be included she would be the Robin of Starfox, a unique fighter that the series has never had in Smash Bros before (also Fox = Marth, Falco = Lucina, Wolf = Ike)
I couldn't give a **** if those two have been around longer, Rosalina was the most unique choice out of all Mario characters and makes the most sense. Sakurai certainly made the right choice with her.

didn't Star Wars 4-6 have only 2 women in the entire galaxy?
waluigi would be a good character it would make more sense for him to be in the game he has a bigger fanbase than Rosalina which would equal more money but noooo instead put in a less a known character see fans like you is what make me hate certain characters

Luminario

Smash Lord
waluigi would be a good character it would make more sense for him to be in the game he has a bigger fanbase than Rosalina which would equal more money but noooo instead put in a less a known character see fans like you is what make me hate certain characters
We have different characters that we like this discussion won't get anywhere. Rosalina has just as big as a fanbase now plus between the two she's the one that has actually appeared in a main Mario game and the one that has such a moving backstory. Waluigi would have been another joke character like Wario while Rosalina is the only puppeteer ever in Smash. I also fail to see how me defending one of my favourite characters makes you hate them.
However this is the Krystal thread and we need to get it back on track.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I think Rosalina was added in due to the combination of having popularity and being the first puppeteer of the Smash games. For the record, I've been wanting to see Toad playable since Melee, but I get why they would go for someone like Rosalina first, even if it feels like she's getting thrown in every Mario game possible.

mark welford

Smash Ace
We have different characters that we like this discussion won't get anywhere. Rosalina has just as big as a fanbase now plus between the two she's the one that has actually appeared in a main Mario game and the one that has such a moving backstory. Waluigi would have been another joke character like Wario while Rosalina is the only puppeteer ever in Smash. I also fail to see how me defending one of my favourite characters makes you hate them.
However this is the Krystal thread and we need to get it back on track.
yeah a joke who would be a great addition it's also the way the fans act that make me hate them

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
yeah a joke who would be a great addition it's also the way the fans act that make me hate them
Some of the Slippy, Falco, Leon and Wolf fans can get pretty condescending towards Krystal supporters. They say no way in hell would she get in, should get in, and if she did, then AFTER Falco and Wolf get the changes they've been wanting (final smashes, etc). It works both ways. I've personally found those people to be as unaccommodating and rude as any other fanbase. The Krystal fans are also guilty of getting out of hand, but it's not a one-sided case by any means.

Weavel

Smash Ace

That's because the roaster was already decided then, but now shortly after brawl's release there was a petition for Krystal that has over 800 votes now.

And if the character insinuating theory is correct she should be in game, if its false not to much. Pit was hinted in melee and got into brawl and krystal did the same in brawl, and now we got chrom talking the good **** in his fire emblem trailer. We have reason to believe she has a very good chance.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW

No, Falco is Han Solo.

Falco x Krystal?

Back to DBZ, Star Wars doesn't even make sense.
The only comparison from DBZ that would work between Fox and Falco would be Goku and Piccolo, and since Han to Luke is a better comparison and since the series is vastly more like Star Wars than DBZ I'd go with that. Krystal is the Mara Jade in the comparison.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Your past three responses have had nothing to do with Krystal, please stop.
(It's a pointless argument anyway, and no, Waluigi isn't more popular than Rosalina.)

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
No, Falco is Han Solo.

The only comparison from DBZ that would work between Fox and Falco would be Goku and Piccolo, and since Han to Luke is a better comparison and since the series is vastly more like Star Wars than DBZ I'd go with that. Krystal is the Mara Jade in the comparison.
Alright, thanks. I made the mistake of thinking Wolf was Han Solo.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

One word to describe what I just read, dude! BIAS!!

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
There's still a few character videos left for Smash according to Sakurai. One of them has to be Starfox related. It would explain why we haven't seen much Starfox material in the game since he doesn't want to spoil anything from the video. It wouldn't make much since to have a video just for returning veterans, so it seems likely that there's a newcomer from Starfox and I'm sure we can all agree (for the most part) that Krystal is the most likely Starfox newcomer.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
There's still a few character videos left for Smash according to Sakurai. One of them has to be Starfox related. It would explain why we haven't seen much Starfox material in the game since he doesn't want to spoil anything from the video. It wouldn't make much since to have a video just for returning veterans, so it seems likely that there's a newcomer from Starfox and I'm sure we can all agree (for the most part) that Krystal is the most likely Starfox newcomer.
I expect a star fox, zelda and metroid video.

Although they could just group star fox and metroid together and have a shulk trailer too, I wouldn't be against that in the slightest

Ridley and Krystal dual reveal anyone?

Last edited:

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
I expect a star fox, zelda and metroid video.

Although they could just group star fox and metroid together and have a shulk trailer too, I wouldn't be against that in the slightest

Ridley and Krystal dual reveal anyone?
Yeah it's likely a ridley and krystal reveal with falco (wolf will likely be hidden) and then a zelda one

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I would prefer if Leon was added instead of Krystal. Or Slippy instead of Krystal. Or Peppy instead of Krystal. But mostly Leon instead of Krystal. But hey, its my opinion and feel free to disagree or bash me about it

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
I would prefer if Leon was added instead of Krystal. Or Slippy instead of Krystal. Or Peppy instead of Krystal. But mostly Leon instead of Krystal. But hey, its my opinion and feel free to disagree or bash me about it
Welcome to the Krystal support thread, we always love to see people who clearly don't support Krystal post in this support thread, that is what support threads are for, right?

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Welcome to the Krystal support thread, we always love to see people who clearly don't support Krystal post in this support thread, that is what support threads are for, right?
I wish we can get a mod to tell him to leave, and he'd prefer Leon and Slippy, who wouldn't bring anything new to the table, while Krystal would, she's got unique moveset potential and she's a female character, which has more importance with Sakurai in SSB4,

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I wish we can get a mod to tell him to leave, and he'd prefer Leon and Slippy, who wouldn't bring anything new to the table, while Krystal would, she's got unique moveset potential and she's a female character, which has more importance with Sakurai in SSB4,
Hey thanks for bashing on my opinion. I always love to see that. :4pacman:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Let's not turn this into a bash fest, just ignore it and move on. It's obvious he came in to troll, so leave it at that. I still believe we have a Star Fox character reveal coming, but with both Falco and Wolf being hidden characters, there's no real way of knowing if this lack of Star Fox content is normal or planned. That's what causes me a tiny bit of doubt.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Well, if there's one thing we can take comfort in, it's that Krystal outlasted Oikonny :troll:

Also, @ TheRandomCities4 TheRandomCities4 Excellent moveset. I love how much detail went into that wall, and I agree with various ideas, (other than the ones I came up with.)

Also, I see we got some new names in this support thread, so welcome! Hope you enjoy the stay.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Hey thanks for bashing on my opinion. I always love to see that. :4pacman:
Lol. Where in my post did I bash you? You came to a Krystal support thread, basically said you don't like Krystal, and nothing more. What do you expect? I get bashed every time I talk about how I don't like Bandana Dee, and I definitely don't hate on him in his support thread, because that's just lame and asking to be argued with.

Last edited:
Top Bottom