• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
I wouldn't be so confident on anniversaries. We have just passed Earthbound 25th anniversary and Kirby's 22th anniversary this last month, and not a single mention even on the PoTD. I still think the few reveals that have matched with a special date were mere coincidences.
Now, if I wanted a stronger theory I would think that in the Nintendo Direct of August they might reveal something from Star Fox Wii U next to a Krystal reveal. Or just going by the mere fact that we haven't had barely anything from the Star Fox franchise in SSB4 except for Fox, the Assault Great Fox and old ATs and items, we are in time for something from this franchise (also in this section: Donkey Kong and Earthbound).
Ok...but if we check the main 12 that get new characters each game the only one left really is fox

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Also sadly we got a Nintendo direct but only for hyrule warriors this month....
They could have a character reveal like they had for Fire Emblem, not a Direct, and since Star Fox: Assault was developed by Namco, there is probably going to be a lot of Assault stuff in the game, and since Namco is developing SSB4, Krystal's chances are improved tremendously

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
now that palutena was confirmed a few months ago, krystal needs to happen.
i remember wanting her for so long ! i thought for sure she would get in brawl..
now should be her time ! i wonder if sakurai has something against her

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
now that palutena was confirmed a few months ago, krystal needs to happen.
i remember wanting her for so long ! i thought for sure she would get in brawl..
now should be her time ! i wonder if sakurai has something against her

Maybe it could have been that, ge didn't have enough time to put her in, or !maybe he wasn't aware of her popularity, but now that he knows about her popularity, and Namco are developing SSB4 (they also developed Star Fox:Assault), it boosts her significantly

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Maybe it could have been that, ge didn't have enough time to put her in, or !maybe he wasn't aware of her popularity, but now that he knows about her popularity, and Namco are developing SSB4 (they also developed Star Fox:Assault), it boosts her significantly
oooo seeing that namco is getting a little rep in the game I'm excited now ! i didn't know they helped develop that game
idk, i mean sakurai didn't have enough time to put toon zelda, tetra, mewtwo, dixie kong, plusle/minun in the game.
how far down was krystal on that list "he didn't have enough time" for ? i don't like it

D

Deleted member

But how are we so certain that Sakurai is aware of Krystal's popularity? (Not that I'm doubting it, otherwise I wouldn't be here)

We saw what happened to Waluigi & Chrom.

idk, i mean sakurai didn't have enough time to put toon zelda, tetra, mewtwo, dixie kong, plusle/minun in the game.
how far down was krystal on that list "he didn't have enough time" for ? i don't like it
Krystal's data wasn't in Brawl. Just a trophy & sticker of her along with a codec on Lylat Cruise.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
But how are we so certain that Sakurai is aware of Krystal's popularity? (Not that I'm doubting it, otherwise I wouldn't be here)

We saw what happened to Waluigi & Chrom.

Krystal's data wasn't in Brawl. Just a trophy & sticker of her along with a codec on Lylat Cruise.
i know she wasn't. I was just wondering how far krystal is on the list of characters sakurai wants to put in

Weavel

Smash Ace
IanTheGamer 17221180 said:
Probably fairly high, considering, she had higher empahsis in Assault, which was developed by Namco, moveset potential, and female character
People started a peitition for her shortly after brawls release trying to get the word out, and she has a very big fanbase despite her short appearances. Also like she said, she is the only other member of the team able to go fight in close quarters combat.

Last edited:

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
People started a peitition for her shortly after brawls release trying to get the word out, and she has a very big fanbase despite her short appearances. Also like she said, she is the only other member of the time able to go fight in close quarters combat.
Oh so that's why she's so popular....good but also say ah **** rule 34 (Its already happened btw and that **** ****ed me up and I'm freaking half Irish and Scottish)

D

Deleted member

Oh so that's why she's so popular....good but also say ah **** rule 34 (Its already happened btw and that **** ****ed me up and I'm freaking half Irish and Scottish)
There is sadly nothing you or anyone can do to stop Rule 34, it'll never end, & it happens to a lot of characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Weavel

Smash Ace
Tillie-152 said:
There is sadly nothing you or anyone can do to stop Rule 34, it'll never end, & it happens to a lot of characters.
Rule 34 comes with the territory when making any franchise, and I'm sure nintendo understands this.

But its not something the companies in charge will ever acknowledge because they dont want to bring light on it, otherwise others might inadvertently get the wrong message about said company. So its just this thing they never bring up unless asked about in a interview, in such case they just give a speech saying they understand it and that they have no problem with it.

They say that of course so fans won't get feel shunned.
They still are making money off them of course.

Last edited:

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
So what if you can't stop it, nobody is forced to look at rule 34 content.

If someone ends up scared for life by searching for Krystal on rule 34 that's their own fault! They have no reason to complain.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
No, nothigna bout Krystal. Not any assist trophy info either.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Today is the hyrule warrior direct we will likely get our last zelda character confirmed and then they will focus on star fox (save the best for last)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Today is the hyrule warrior direct we will likely get our last zelda character confirmed and then they will focus on star fox (save the best for last)
No, we won't. We'll get information for Hyrule Warriors. We won't get any information for Smash Bros. at all. Ganondorf may be announced this week on the Smash website if we don't have a general Nintendo Direct within a week (and yes, a general Nintendo Direct and a game-specific Direct have happened in the same week before, it happened last year with Wonderful 101).

Why do people still keep thinking game-specific directs will announce info about other games when it has NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE?!

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
No, we won't. We'll get information for Hyrule Warriors. We won't get any information for Smash Bros. at all. Ganondorf may be announced this week on the Smash website if we don't have a general Nintendo Direct within a week (and yes, a general Nintendo Direct and a game-specific Direct have happened in the same week before, it happened last year with Wonderful 101).

Why do people still keep thinking game-specific directs will announce info about other games when it has NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE?!
Well it might

Bumbalobob

Smash Cadet

I completely agree with what you are saying. As a game specific direct it should focus solely on Hyrule Warriors, the inclusion of Smash could divert the built up hype to Smash instead. It is more likely Ganondorf will be revealed in a daily post later in the week (assuming his presence in Warriors is confirmed, so far it has mostly been hinted at). That being said it is not outside the realm of possibility, just highly unlikely, that we will get any smash information.

Krystal is more likely to appear in a general direct which includes information on the new Star Fox game. But given how early that game was in development we will likely have to wait for a random and unpredicted reveal, much like Robin was.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Krystal is more likely to appear in a general direct which includes information on the new Star Fox game. But given how early that game was in development we will likely have to wait for a random and unpredicted reveal, much like Robin was.
I agree that nothing Smash-related will be shown during the Hyrule Warriors direct.

However, I have to bring up an interview with Miyamoto regarding Star Fox Wii U. Miyamoto has been working on the new Star Fox title for about 7 years now (well, experimenting, at least). What this means though is that most Nintendo devs, including Sakurai, should be aware of the constant work on the new Star Fox title over the years. Some people (not you) argued about the franchise's relevancy---this effectively throws that argument out of the window.

The reason why I brought this up again is that you said it was early in development---which could be true, seeing as how all these years spent, as far as we know, were on experimentation. It's possible that the demo shown at E3 wasn't the current build, as that was done with Smash Brothers (and that was publicly playable). Only time will tell, I suppose. I thought it'd just be an interesting bit of information to bring up.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/06/e3_2014_shigeru_miyamoto_confirms_star_fox_for_wii_u

I agree, if Krystal is to be revealed, it will probably be with a general Nintendo direct.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Nintendo is bringing Smash Bros at the Gamescom '14 (13-17 August) We're definetely going to see something there.
Like we were "going" to see something at EVO or Comicon? At this point, anything they show at Gamescom is just a nice surprise.

D

Deleted member

Nintendo is bringing Smash Bros at the Gamescom '14 (13-17 August) We're definetely going to see something there.
Probably more of the same E3 demos.

Would be nice to see more stages in motion like the Assault Great Fox

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Sakurai is running out of time to break the news. He's got to get around to it at some point. Maybe Gamescom will have actual content in store. At the very least a level? Lol.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Sakurai is running out of time to break the news. He's got to get around to it at some point. Maybe Gamescom will have actual content in store. At the very least a level? Lol.
It is a videogames convention. So it has that going on over Comic Con. And the more time passes, the more likely we are to get some news.

mark welford

Smash Ace
all the people I have at my school who are huge video gamers surprisingly never heard of E3 until I have a conversation with them but I am the type of person who can have conversation with any group athletes, weirdos etc....

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Well I say we will get krystal since a new star fox character always is added in each game and I don't see sakurai or namco wanting to bring in slippy and peppy and while a star wolf character is cool we need a female so that's exactly why her chance is high.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Every time I come in this thread to check the new posts this song plays in my head. It goes well with everyone's posts here because they pertain to speculation and predictions concerning Krystal's fate in SSB4. Star Fox music FTW!!! :D

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well I say we will get krystal since a new star fox character always is added in each game and I don't see sakurai or namco wanting to bring in slippy and peppy and while a star wolf character is cool we need a female so that's exactly why her chance is high.
Please don't cite "trends" as a plus for a character. The "trend" for Fire Emblem characters was Marth and the latest "main Lord." Look how quickly THAT trend died. We have two games where a new Star Fox character was added, that's it. Sakurai is well-versed in DESTROYING trends, especially in this game, where he's destroyed numerous trends, including an even longer-running trend; every time a franchise gets a third rep an antagonist is added in the same game. FE has four characters and no antagonists at this point.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Please don't cite "trends" as a plus for a character. The "trend" for Fire Emblem characters was Marth and the latest "main Lord." Look how quickly THAT trend died. We have two games where a new Star Fox character was added, that's it. Sakurai is well-versed in DESTROYING trends, especially in this game, where he's destroyed numerous trends, including an even longer-running trend; every time a franchise gets a third rep an antagonist is added in the same game. FE has four characters and no antagonists at this point.
But the fire emblem thing only happened once, roy replaced ike and that's it, however we've gotten a new star fox character in EVERY smash game so far

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I don't see trends with characters, TBH. Maybe for Pokémon, but that's about it.

I don't believe Sakurai tells himself : I need to reserve one place for another Mario / Starfox / Zelda character.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Talking about Star Fox music... (To all) What's your favourite Star Fox tune?
Officially, it's Macbeth from Star Fox 1 on the SNES. Unofficially, it's Macbeth from Star Fox 2. :troll:

And which one would fit best in a Star Fox themed reveal trailer?
This is a toughie. Depends what kind of action is going on in the trailer. If it's combat and not peaceful space exploration, then I would go with Star Wolf's theme from Assault (just have a feeling a trailer would involve them).

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
But the fire emblem thing only happened once, roy replaced ike and that's it, however we've gotten a new star fox character in EVERY smash game so far
Please don't cite "trends" as a plus for a character. The "trend" for Fire Emblem characters was Marth and the latest "main Lord."
That's the FE trend, two FE characters, with Marth and the latest Main Lord. There's also another trend I mentioned which you blatantly ignored, the Villain Trend, which happened a lot more than just "once." Every franchise to date has had a villain/antagonist added when a franchise hits at least 3 characters. Fire Emblem broke that trend (yes, Mewtwo was removed, but it still counts).

There's also another trend you seem to be blatantly ignoring. Every newcomer to date for this game has appeared in a game within their own franchise since Brawl, no exceptions. If you want to argue the Star Fox trend (which doesn't mean anything, Sakurai breaks trends left and right and trends mean nothing to Sakurai), you have to take into account the notion that this game only has "recent" characters and won't get characters that haven't been in a game since Brawl.

And if that trend is broken, its only further proof that trends mean nothing.

Weavel

Smash Ace
Wasn't there an article somewhere that talked about how many cinematic trailers Sakurai had left?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Wasn't there an article somewhere that talked about how many cinematic trailers Sakurai had left?
Sakurai stated with the Robin reveal that they're nearing the "bottom of the barrel" of new character videos. Never said how many, and the fact that he said "videos" I think blatantly proves there will be secret characters (and newcomers) in the final game.

Top Bottom