• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Here's the thing: It's not out of realm of possibility. We'll have to wait for further indication, though.

Here's a quote that someone posted a couple pages ago, and it goes into a little further detail regarding this theory:

This post described that not only is there a potential pattern with the stages, but a sequence comes with the pattern. Firstly, the stage is shown in a vague light, without any clear explanation as to what it entails, or why it was included. Secondly, there was an eventual update (via potd) that shows a more in-depth look at the stage itself. Finally, there was the newcomer reveal that eerily enough includes that very stage in their reveal trailer (practically showcasing it, actually).

One thing has me curious: The Star Fox stage is currently the only Wii U stage that we know literally nothing about. We even know details about the Pac-Man Wii U stage, which isn't even playable through the demo. Sakurai was vague with the Star Fox stage.

Sakurai wasn't vague about all of those recent 3DS stage reveals. Tomodachi Life 3DS stage was clear, Paper Mario 3DS stage was clear, and N's Castle 3DS stage was clear (without mentioning N though, which might be odd, but I'm pretty sure he did it to conceal unnecessary spoilers).

As it stands, we are waiting for the second phase, the reveal of more details about the stage.

If it happens just before a general Nintendo direct is announced, or shortly after a general Nintendo direct is announced...

Well, I'll just say is that this thread will be bustling with action (especially if the future additional details showcases the Star Fox Assault Great Fox at SAURIA). Even so, additional details, with or without showcasing Sauria, will raise the red flags (not in a bad way).
That'a what happened with Greninja so I agree with this.

But here's the thing: on this case though, the second potd 2 weeks before his reveal was crustal clear. Almost nothing was hidden EXCEPT for who this stage is. I mention this because that's what I found on my end and ironically, it's because of the link between the 2 potd for the Paper Mario stage that I spotted the tease.

What it means is that if it's a tease, it would be likely that it becomes clear after another POTD. I myself think it will happen this week btw, that would explain the unusual amount of stages we see recently.

But only stage WiiU stage unclear? That's indeed weird, so I don't think a verdict is possible now. I may be, but we'll have to check the next 5 potds very carefully.

So, it might be a case after all, It's just theory unfortunately. Well, I guess since this is a support thread after all, you should consider both possibility.

But that sentence at the end too was weird. I don't know how it will end.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
That'a what happened with Greninja so I agree with this.

But here's the thing: on this case though, the second potd 2 weeks before his reveal was crustal clear. Almost nothing was hidden EXCEPT for who this stage is. I mention this because that's what I found on my end and ironically, it's because of the link between the 2 potd for the Paper Mario stage that I spotted the tease.

What it means is that if it's a tease, it would be likely that it becomes clear after another POTD. I myself think it will happen this week btw, that would explain the unusual amount of stages we see recently.

But only stage WiiU stage unclear? That's indeed weird, so I don't think a verdict is possible now. I may be, but we'll have to check the next 5 potds very carefully.

So, it might be a case after all, It's just theory unfortunately. Well, I guess since this is a support thread after all, you should consider both possibility.

But that sentence at the end too was weird. I don't know how it will end.
Well he's got a point but I need to ask how long was it between the stage reveal and the character reveal?

EDIT:it's been 1,4,or 6 months the average being 1 so because command released on the 28th of august and the stage being revealed on the 21st of july If I tie my little theory in we could assume the 28th might be it.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Mate with a new game and upcoming dates it wouldn't hurt to add her also no offense but fire emblem got alot.
I didn't say it would hurt to add her.

And Fire Emblem only got 3 characters allotted to them, which is pretty fitting imo.

And please, please don't try to argue Lucina. Don't even try.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
I didn't say it would hurt to add her.

And Fire Emblem only got 3 characters allotted to them, which is pretty fitting imo.

And please, please don't try to argue Lucina. Don't even try.
I don't care about the whole lucina deal hell she sounds a bit like Roy so that's good...

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Returning on Krystal...
What music should play on the trailer if she gets in?
Well my theory is we will get falco and likely wolf I haven't played starfox adventures in years nor star fox assault so...maybe just the starfox theme

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
In Assault the Star Fox team travel to: Fichina (The one on the background of the Daily Pic) Katina, Corneria, the aparoid homeworld and SAURIA. Sauria beeing one of the big missions with the entire star fox team, and with on-foot, landmaster and arwing gameplay.
This is an excellent point. I totally missed that. Fichina is indeed in the background. The Assault references are heavy in this picture, that much is clear. If the Great Fox goes on a cruise to different planets and hits Sauria, to me that will be something of a major indicator that we can expect to see Krystal in-game at some capacity. Her voice actress had to leak the fact she was playing her for us to know as much the last time. Still, I would rather not go overboard with expectations without substantial evidence after having done EXACTLY THAT in Brawl's Krystal support thread, so please don't take it the wrong way if I'm not as confident as some of you are in this thread.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
This is an excellent point. I totally missed that. Fichina is indeed in the background. The Assault references are heavy in this picture, that much is clear. If the Great Fox goes on a cruise to different planets and hits Sauria, to me that will be something of a major indicator that we can expect to see Krystal in-game at some capacity. Her voice actress had to leak the fact she was playing her for us to know as much the last time. Still, I would rather not go overboard with expectations without substantial evidence after having done EXACTLY THAT in Brawl's Krystal support thread, so please don't take it the wrong way if I'm not as confident as some of you are in this thread.
Whoa the voice actor leaked it? Can I see a link.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Here's something interesting. It's not decisive, but it's food for thought.

Let's look at the Planet order (NOT mission order) visited through Star Fox Assault:

#1 Katina
#2 Fichina
#3 SAURIA
#4 Corneria
#5 Aparoid Homeworld

Notice anything odd?

Well, the Star Fox Assault Wii U stage features the Great Fox leaving what looks like Fichina. Perhaps it's following the order of planets from Assault visitations? This would mean it's going to Sauria.

If this is true, what if the next thing Sakurai shows in the Star Fox Wii U stage showcases Sauria? After all, he said "I wonder what missions it will conduct?"

This is food for thought though, and not definitive.

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
Today I was playing Star Fox Assault with a friend of mine, and we discovered something. It's not that relevant, but you know, it's something. A lot of people stated that Slippy should get in instead of her (Mostly Haters and Slippy supporters of course) saying that he's been in the star fox team since the first game and he's more important than Krystal.

Here you have Assault's intro. When the characters are introduced, Slippy is the last one.

Not a big deal, being the last on the presentation doesn't mean much. Or it does? If not, explain this:

This is the recreation of the classic "run to the arwings" that we had in SF 64. Bu- Wait.. Where's Slippy? Yeah, exactly, that little green thing behind Fox. It seems like Namco doesn't care much about our little green anfibian fella. Don't misunderstand me, I like Slippy (Though he's annoying as f*ck sometimes) his role in Assault was really nice, but I prefer Krystal obviously.

As I said, it's not that relevant. But you know, Namco is making SSB4 so..Yeah, you know what I mean.

We made some pics with my friend too. Sauria is BEAUTIFUL

Some funny stuff: Krystal about to snipe, and then Slippy being sniped

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Guys keep in mind while my theory on dates is possible but we still have 2 more original 12 gandorf and wolf and falco

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
Today I was playing Star Fox Assault with a friend of mine, and we discovered something. It's not that relevant, but you know, it's something. A lot of people stated that Slippy should get in instead of her (Mostly Haters and Slippy supporters of course) saying that he's been in the star fox team since the first game and he's more important than Krystal.

Here you have Assault's intro. When the characters are introduced, Slippy is the last one.

Not a big deal, being the last on the presentation doesn't mean much. Or it does? If not, explain this:

This is the recreation of the classic "run to the arwings" that we had in SF 64. Bu- Wait.. Where's Slippy? Yeah, exactly, that little green thing behind Fox. It seems like Namco doesn't care much about our little green anfibian fella. Don't misunderstand me, I like Slippy (Though he's annoying as f*ck sometimes) his role in Assault was really nice, but I prefer Krystal obviously.

As I said, it's not that relevant. But you know, Namco is making SSB4 so..Yeah, you know what I mean.

We made some pics with my friend too. Sauria is BEAUTIFUL

Some funny stuff: Krystal about to snipe, and then Slippy being sniped

Yaaaaassssss snipe the little b*stard.
It's quite clear that Krystal has been promoted to be much more of a main character than Slippy so if any new Starfox character gets in it's most probably her. Krystals chances are skyrocketing from unlikely to slightly more than unlikely! HUZZAH!

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
I'm curious as to how much flak Sakurai received after people figured out she wasn't in the game, due to the potentially misleading leak...

Last edited:

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Mario Galaxy, then Rosalina
Prism Tower was revealed, then Greninja
Palutena's Temple, then Palutena
Find Mii, then Mii
Boxing Ring, then Little Mac
Arena Ferox, then Robin/Lucina

Also there is Pyrosphere for Ridley
The Paper Mario stage could hint Paper Mario
The Star Fox Assault one could mean Krystal

And maybe the Skyloft could lead to Ghirahim?

Edit: All the other newcomers don't enter in this Theory because:
:4villager::4megaman::4wiifit: they where revealed at the E3 2013
:4pacman: If a stage for him was announced BEFORE him it will be TOO obvious...

This protect the theory even more!
I posted this on the Ghirahim thread... this theory is a really good one...

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
A lot of good theories are thrown around, and they seem really interesting. I guess we will see how things go in the near future, because it's true that the Starfox Wii U stage was especially lacking in information.

As for your moveset, Joe, I really love the idea of using the Gatling gun for one of her throws, it would be so neat ! That's probably my favorite thing in there.

Also yes, as much as I like Slippy because I find his character amusing, I just want to shoot his ass and destroy the frog. He's so inept and always gets destroyed and screams 'FOOOOOOOX' every two seconds. Sometimes I try to shoot him and not the enemies that want to take care of him.

But you are correct, I also noticed that Krystal was pushed to the front of the series as a main character. I mean, there's a lot of things that point this way in the las three entries (not counting the remake obviously).

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I'm curious as to how much flak Sakurai received after people figured out she wasn't in the game, due to the potentially misleading leak...
While I don't know how much vitriol was thrown in Sakurai's direction, I can say people in this forum were totally disappointed and shocked that Sakurai left out Krystal. She was actually seen as one of the most likely candidates. Today, it's the opposite and for arbitrary reasons like not being in a game for 8 years or being part of the entries that weren't as well received.

Here's the thing, everyone understands that honest to goodness console games in this franchise release at a rate comparable to molasses trickling down a hill. How long has Miyamoto been thinking about the next Star Fox installment now? Your post was amazing, btw. It highlighted how stagnant the franchise has become as a result of his selfishness and unwillingness to bring true innovation. So, I don't think relative inactivity should be held against any Star Fox member, let alone just Krystal.

Last edited:

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
Here's something interesting. It's not decisive, but it's food for thought.

Let's look at the Planet order (NOT mission order) visited through Star Fox Assault:

#1 Katina
#2 Fichina
#3 SAURIA
#4 Corneria
#5 Aparoid Homeworld

Notice anything odd?

Well, the Star Fox Assault Wii U stage features the Great Fox leaving what looks like Fichina. Perhaps it's following the order of planets from Assault visitations? This would mean it's going to Sauria.

If this is true, what if the next thing Sakurai shows in the Star Fox Wii U stage showcases Sauria? After all, he said "I wonder what missions it will conduct?"

This is food for thought though, and not definitive.
This is actually a great discovery... I already said it, but for ME that daily pic confirmed Krystal.

Weavel

Smash Ace
Remember people, please be cautious.

We know nothing for sure and don't expect krystal, hope for krystal otherwise you're just making a hell for yourself.

Also...remember..

AUGUST 12th!!!!!!!

Last edited:

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
To the bolded:
I have to say, that is probably the first time I've ever seen someone take that stance on what's most important to look for in roster candidates.
So you think that they should be added for their potential to be clones of other existing Characters? That seems a little backwards to me.
You used Lucina as an example, but she is in essence, a complete clone of Marth. So much so that Sakurai was originally going to have her as just a Marth Alt costume, but decided to give her a separate slot later in development. That's just what she is even in the game where she originated. A Marth imitator. Krystal is NOT a Fox imitator. -and she shouldn't be treated as such.

One of the best things about Smash is that you have the ability to play as so many unique playstyles. It keeps the game fresh and interesting, and keeps matches diverse and fun. People complain about clone/semi clone characters for legitimate reasons.
It's why a lot of people want Ganondorf to break away from his Falcon clone moveset, or why people are disappointed that Toon Link missed out on his potential to shake it up by using moves derived from his Wind Waker Arsenal.

I think it IS necessary for Krystal to break away from Fox's moveset because lets be real- do we really need FOUR space animals that all play relatively the same?
I know people say Wolf isn't a clone- but let's be honest. All three of the current spacies have Blasters, Reflectors and some kind of jet boosting recovery move. Wolf does break it up a little more than Falco does, but I would still call him at least somewhat of a Fox clone. Especially if they leave his Final Smash the same.

If Krystal has the potential to be unique- they need to capitalize on that. Especially considering that it's one of Sakurai's strong suits. (Coming up with fresh and intuitive movesets.) Making her another Fox clone would just be disappointing and an absolute waste of her potential.
I did not word myself well last evening. My apologies. I'll elaborate on what I meant. Uniqueness of a character is always an important factor. However, the characters usually are accompanied by well established acclaim that even reflects on the semi-clones and clones. Ganondorf, for example, was added late in Melee development when Sakurai noticed his build was very similar to Captain Falcon's. This could be seen as a rather appropriate choice given that he is the Legend of Zelda's primary antagonist. Making him a clone was never really received well, nor was it for any of the other clones and semi-clones. However, they are present in the game regardless.

I'm not saying that uniqueness isn't an important factor, but it is not the only factor. A character will probably not be added solely because they could have a unique move set. A character will be added because they are beloved and can accommodate a move set that Sakurai wanted (:4greninja:). Or, alternatively, he conceives of a popular character being in Smash Bros. and a move set just comes naturally from the concept of their inclusion (:4robinf:). There are many factors at play, not just whether a character can perform actions that no one else can.

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
Full roaster reveal supposedly.
I believe CoroCoro went back on their statement a few days later after their initial announcement. They clarified that they will go over the characters and 3DS stages that have already been revealed, not all of them.

Besides, they made a similar claim about Super Smash Bros. Brawl awhile back, and it would later turn out to be untrue.

Weavel

Smash Ace
I believe CoroCoro went back on their statement a few days later after their initial announcement. They clarified that they will go over the characters and 3DS stages that have already been revealed, not all of them.

Besides, they made a similar claim about Super Smash Bros. Brawl awhile back, and it would later turn out to be untrue.
They sound like attention whores then.

Also FYI krystal has a ridiculously huge fan base, so you could say she is a beloved character. So much so she has haters.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
She probably has a lot more fans than haters, but haters are very vocal, I guess ? And among the people that are neither fans or haters, most people would tell you that they like her / her design / what she brings to the games.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Well having huge fanbases doesn't always work....aka geno and ridley.
However with the 12 years anniversary for star Fox adventures and command cameout out like few years ago today in Japan (August 28th in America) adventures is the 23rd of September.

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
September 23rd is a little pointless for a reveal though... Japan will already have the game by then.

Weavel

Smash Ace
ghastmine said:
Well having huge fanbases doesn't always work....aka geno and ridley.
However with the 12 years anniversary for star Fox adventures and command cameout out like few years ago today in Japan (August 28th in America) adventures is the 23rd of September.
And both games were finnicial success, don't believe the bullhorn origin loyalists and the like have to say.

Best selling list even for command, while adventures was the fastest selling game cube game of its time!

Top Bottom