• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

D

Deleted member

I personally liked command and people enjoyed its gameplay but weren't to fond of its story.
I dunno, I beg to differ on gameplay.

Its very likely just me as I'm sure I'm the only one that didn't like it (Gameplay-wise) but I got bored of it when it feels like a grind.

Well Nintendo takes a notoriously long time to develop some games - just look at zelda, lol. But 6+ years is kinda ludicrous.
Well hey, its the same amount of time Valve uses to make another Half-Life game..........

HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED :troll:

I mean uhh....

STAR FOX U CONFIRMED TO BE HALF-LIFE 3! :troll:

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Well Nintendo takes a notoriously long time to develop some games - just look at zelda, lol. But 6+ years is kinda ludicrous.
Well The Star Fox franchise is Miyamoto's baby. He will not let that franchise be made without him being fully comfortable with it's development. With that being said, he wasn't in favor of a way to make it work on the Wii, so he found a way to make it work on the Wii U. At least the series was in the mind of Miyamoto.

And @ Weavel Weavel , thank you. I have always been a fan of Krystal, but I often try not to let my emotions get the best of me. Unfortunately today, I let that happen and it sucks because I make the entire support thread look poor when I do things like that.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Well hey, its the same amount of time Valve uses to make another Half-Life game..........

HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED :troll:

I mean uhh....

STAR FOX U CONFIRMED TO BE HALF-LIFE 3! :troll:
Actually half life 2 was released in 2004...

Well The Star Fox franchise is Miyamoto's baby. He will not let that franchise be made without him being fully comfortable with it's development. With that being said, he wasn't in favor of a way to make it work on the Wii, so he found a way to make it work on the Wii U. At least the series was in the mind of Miyamoto.

And @ Weavel Weavel , thank you. I have always been a fan of Krystal, but I often try not to let my emotions get the best of me. Unfortunately today, I let that happen and it sucks because I make the entire support thread look poor when I do things like that.
ignored or just not put out it doesn't change the fact that there hasn't been a game :/

and I'm not saying that just for smash I'm saying that because I want another starfox game lol

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
D

Deleted member

I just hope he knows what he's doing...I've been skeptical of Miyamoto lately.

Actually half life 2 was released in 2004...
I know! I just wanted to make the joke! :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
I get so annoyed when people say only furries like Krystal. I love Krystal and want her in smash, and I am most DEFINITELY not a furry.

King K. Rystal

Smash Rookie
I think this may be the only thread where we talked about if Krystal(or other wanted character) doesn't appear, I know I've warned people not to be to broken up about it and that we would have chances again for it with DLC.

Our evidence isn't powerful but it is noticeable, if characters insinuating from game to game hold true into the sequels of smash bros, it does look like Krystal might get into the game. And if she doesn't then there really isn't anything to go on from past game phrases or so for characters getting in to the future games.

And as a reminder I'm talking about pits phrase from melee and how he got into brawl, only 1 character insinuated this and he got in, and now with the current game we got Chrom saying it.

You anger, your passion just shows me how much you adore the character and I appreciate such conviction.

P.S. I've been doing more digging into Star fox wii u and still can't find much further details, but I also researched if people wanted the new star fox to be a reboot or sequel, and the majority wanted a sequel and to make it so star fox command never happened.

I personally liked command and people enjoyed its gameplay but weren't to fond of its story.
I liked the game and I liked the story. The endings are what bother me.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
I'm honestly expecting Shulk, or perhaps something even Zelda-related, though. Who knows, maybe we won't get a newcomer.
Why do you expect Shulk to possibly be revealed next during the Nintendo Direct and not someone Star Fox related like Krystal for example? There really isn't any evidence supporting his inclusion except for his voice actor supposedly hinting Shulk's inclusion and the random retweet from the director of the Chronicles series two weeks ago when Lucina, Robin & Captain Falcon were revealed.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Why do you expect Shulk to possibly be revealed next during the Nintendo Direct and not someone Star Fox related like Krystal for example? There really isn't any evidence supporting his inclusion except for his voice actor supposedly hinting Shulk's inclusion and the random retweet from the director of the Chronicles series two weeks ago when Lucina, Robin & Captain Falcon were revealed.
Shh, it's my strategy to keep my hopes in check...

Partial-kidding aside, you're right. If there is going to be a newcomer reveal, it could be anyone. We currently have information that could point multiple ways...

However, tonight's (tomorrow's) potd... might be interesting.

EDIT: LOL NOPE!

Last edited:

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Nevermind it guys, the direct is dedicated to Hyrule Warriors. Unless we see a surprise, no new smash news will be revealed on Monday.

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
Nothing to interesting to me at least. Nothing that de-confirms or confirms anyone so we good for another day. :p Reminds me of Angry birds

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
We're in August. There will be blood. This target/homerun mode thing? It's a metaphor for all the dreams Sakurai is going to crush in one fell swoop.

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
We're in August. There will be blood. This target/homerun mode thing? It's a metaphor for all the dreams Sakurai is going to crush in one fell swoop.
XD Dreams will be crushed...I will support Krystal till she is confirmed or deconfirmed. With the lack of wolf and falco though it just seems something gonna happen for us star fox fans and Dk .

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
XD Dreams will be crushed...I will support Krystal till she is confirmed or deconfirmed.
Oh, same. I'm mainly here for her. That and to watch the confirmation drama unfold, but that's a totally unrelated reason. All I would need is this one character to be completely pleased with the roster. I would even take Krystal as a sex swapped Fox alt, though it would be wasted potential to the nth degree.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
You're really stretching with the first point. Sakurai explicitly stated that working with Namco wouldn't get characters they worked on higher priorities in selection. He was talking about Namco only characters, but it applies for this too.
I don't think Starfox counts because Starfox is a Nintendo property. Granted, it doesn't mean for sure that Krystal will be in because she in assault that was made by Namco, but she is in both Namco and Sakurai's minds. That's just another little tidbit to add the pile that's already for Krystal (she's a female, she has a unique moveset potential, she'd be a Starfox newcomer, etc.).
Second point - It isn't a fact, sure, but; third point, it isn't ignorant either.
Well, maybe ignorant isn't the best word to use, but it's nicer than some other words that could be used. You're willfully ignoring common knowledge in order to support your point of view.
First off, lets point out where you're wrong. Your argument is (in my interpretation, feel free to correct me)

1. Because Smash represents classic series, all series, no matter how old have equal chances at representation. Therefore, the fact that there hasn't been a Starfox game in a while doesn't impact the chances that they will receive a newcomer.

Well, you are partly tight. Nintendo does take things from all over video game history. However, in smash it is done mainly to represent classic franchises that otherwise wouldn't see the light of day ever again. These series are brought to the modern era through smash. The examples are obvious, (Pit/icies/G&W/ect). Krystal doesn't fit under that, she's not a "classic" character. Therefore, you can't support the second part of your statement with that logic. Here's my counter argument

1. Character's who's franchises aren't old enough to be considered classic, but have been ignored by Nintendo recently tend to not get more newcomers.

Here are facts to back that up. Between Melee and Brawl, new starfox games came out. In Brawl, we got a Starfox newcomer. Between Melee and Brawl, we did not receive a new F-Zero game. No F-Zero newcomers. Between Brawl and Sm4sh, we got a remake, and no new titles in the starfox franchise.

I'm just saying it's an established pattern in the smash series, so it's an educated, not ignorant guess. I also know that patterns can mean **** all because Sakurai is a crazy mother****er who does what he wants. But I've stated literally everything I've written in this post at least several times throughout this thread. You should probably have read that before getting so emotional.
Your evidence is severely lacking. There are not enough facts there to make a pattern out of. There was a new F-Zero game between Melee and Brawl (F-Zero GX), so why didn't F-Zero get a newcomer? You're right about one thing, though. This is Sakurai's game and he can put whoever he wants in, without having to follow any pattern.

Also, it seems with your expletives that you're the one getting emotional here. And excuse me for not having enough time to read every post in every thread before I contribute. I do only have a limited amount of free time in my life and while I do enjoy discussing the upcoming Smash Bros. game with other fans, I do not have time to read every single post that every single person makes. Please understand.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Please understand.
laughs

Seriously though, I got no beef with you. I guess I just read the tone of your post wrong, I thought it sounded like you had a serious bone to pick with me. I apologize for being unnecessarily aggressive.

As for the F-zero stuff, somebody addressed my wrong information there already (but you don't read other posts) so just as a tl;dr I didn't research it lol.

My opinion/argument really just boils down to that there have been no new starfox games since brawl, so I don't think we'll get a fourth starfox newcomer.

I do like Krystal, and I hope she's playable, I'm just a negative nancy.

Last edited:

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
We have a Nintendo Direct on Monday everyone!
View attachment 20091

Hopefully some good Smash news is on the way! Also, maybe we could get some info on the new Star Fox! (Although it doesn't seem that likely :/)

BTW, I don't think we'll just be seeing Hyrule Warriors.
I'll admit, this announcement had me scared at first, but I breathed a sigh of relief when I realized it's a direct dedicated to Hyrule Warriors. The main reason being is that I just don't think everything is in place quite yet for a Krystal reveal. We need to see more of the Great Fox stage.

If today's Pic of the Day was a more in depth look at the Great Fox and we were getting a traditional Nintendo Direct on Monday, I would say Krystal would be the next character to be revealed!

Gannondorf PotD Monday perhaps?

Last edited:

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
My hopes are higher than never for Krystal, I don't know why, but I really want her. Paper Mario/Ghirahim/Krystal. My most wanted ones... I can die happy when they finally joins the fray...

GamerTimeUS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
WinningAlex13
You guys probably won't be believe this, but there is a pretty high chance she could be in the game.

- New Starfox stage (Every new Starfox stage we have gotten, we have gotten a new Starfox character)
- Sakurai wants for Females in the game
- (Don't believe this to be 100%) Most leaks have her in the game

Weavel

Smash Ace
You guys probably won't be believe this, but there is a pretty high chance she could be in the game.

- New Starfox stage (Every new Starfox stage we have gotten, we have gotten a new Starfox character)
uhh, if you read the thread at all, we believe her chances are really good.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine

I have read a number of leaks that have her. Sadly, I did not find many of them. Even people who whip up fantasy rosters masquerading as leaks refuse to share in my adoration of Krystal. I'm torn up about that, and I hope this character is vindicated. Should that happen, I can foresee a lot of troll and prediction rosters getting blown out. Krystal is conspicuously absent from the majority of them, as though a 4th Star Fox newcomer was not at all a possibility.

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
If krystal is confirmed then everyone will have to put her in their roster :chuckle:

Hopefully namco puts a good word in for her. I mean come on Star Fox is lacking a female (Not saying every franchise should need to have one.) Just lets us have this sakurai :p

Last edited:

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Uhhh guys. I said it a page ago I believe, but I found out that the direct on monday isn't for smash :/ It's entirely dedicated to Hyrule Warriors, so unfortunately, no Smash news.

But hey, I guess spontanious Announcements are always a thing!

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
Uhhh guys. I said it a page ago I believe, but I found out that the direct on monday isn't for smash :/ It's entirely dedicated to Hyrule Warriors, so unfortunately, no Smash news.

But hey, I guess spontanious Announcements are always a thing!
Yeah I saw, The wait continues. At least we have potd...I guess..Lol

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
most leaks have krystal??

I haven't seen a single one that includes her

Top Bottom