• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Okay, thank you, I must have forgotten that part, haha. Yes, with the Year of Starfox, the fact that DLC might be possible for Smash, her popularity, moveset potential, the fact that she is female, that she would bring a unique gameplay for a Starfox character, I think her chances are pretty good (especially in the DLC area).
Not to mention Krystal's original, unfortunate, developmental story (transition from Dinosaur Planet to Adventures, "stealing" Krystal from Rare and letting most other important characters from the game "die off" [why keep Krystal and not other characters like the warlock? Probably because Miyamoto wanted to role-play as Fox to save Krystal, since he apparently has something with the "damsel in distress" trope, otherwise the trope would not have been used in all other games he's responsible for creating, like Mario, Zelda, and Donkey Kong {yes, even Donkey Kong in Donkey Kong Country 1 + 2 with Diddy and DK}], giving her the dumbed down position of "damsel in distress" [stated before], following with Microsoft's acquisition of Rare, and only to produce a game that ended up with mixed results and divided fans, potentially forever) that, I guarantee, has been permanently burned into the back of Miyamoto's retina.

Apologies for the slightly emotional tone, though. I find Miyamoto to be frustrating, in retrospect. Even so, I praise his inventiveness, as he can come up with magnificent bases to create games off of. He doesn't have the best form of execution though. If you want to discuss Miyamoto and Star Fox with me, we certainly can. I'd just have to bring up all of the posts that I made roughly 5-7 pages ago.

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Yeah, he could have let her go just as easily, but he didn't. And he has a lot of influence too.

Though I'm not sure I understood your post correctly, it's more negative than positive for her, isn't it ?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
We get it.

You've stated it NUMEROUS TIMES.

We realize how you feel, but this is a SUPPORT THREAD. Even if her chances are as low as you think, (which they're not, but I'm not going to argue,) we are still going to support her. We are still going to get our hopes up and we will defend her. It's not like any of us will be emotionally unstable if she doesn't make it, because we'll accept it as a loss. If you feel that other characters deserve it more, that's fine, but stepping into a thread that supports her and has confidence in her and stating that she has no chance is a waste of your time.

I'm honestly sick and tired of people doing this. I come into the thread to see support of a character and I see someone come in here and just kill everyone's joy and hope. If you're not going to come in here and support Krystal, LEAVE.
And Support Threads are about debating whether you think a character will be in the game or not. Ask any mod, and they would tell you the same thing; debating over a character is the entire purpose of a support thread. Several mods shot down Ridley supporters for complaining about Ridley detractors, and that thread gets more detractors than any other threads combined.

And I've stated before, I DO support Krystal. Either way, I'm not going to comment again anytime soon. I was just responding to Phaazoid.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
And Support Threads are about debating whether you think a character will be in the game or not. Ask any mod, and they would tell you the same thing; debating over a character is the entire purpose of a support thread. Several mods shot down Ridley supporters for complaining about Ridley detractors, and that thread gets more detractors than any other threads combined.

And I've stated before, I DO support Krystal. Either way, I'm not going to comment again anytime soon. I was just responding to Phaazoid.
Ok, then you got me. But at least just understand my frustration on the matter. I've always wanted Krystal as a character. I've shown my support for her time and time again on various different threads. I know that debating a character's chances comes with the price of counter arguments and alternate opinions, but I would still respectfully debate.

Eventually, I found this thread. I looked at the pages of comments and all I saw was support, so I deemed this place a safe haven of sorts. Everybody here was on the same boat, but that changed when the fire nation attacked the Assault Stage was revealed. Now all of the counter arguments rolled in and I didn't see the need. But, with what you just told me, I guess the best thing to do is to ignore it all together to save myself the anger.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Ok, then you got me. But at least just understand my frustration on the matter. I've always wanted Krystal as a character. I've shown my support for her time and time again on various different threads. I know that debating a character's chances comes with the price of counter arguments and alternate opinions, but I would still respectfully debate.

Eventually, I found this thread. I looked at the pages of comments and all I saw was support, so I deemed this place a safe haven of sorts. Everybody here was on the same boat, but that changed when the fire nation attacked the Assault Stage was revealed. Now all of the counter arguments rolled in and I didn't see the need. But, with what you just told me, I guess the best thing to do is to ignore it all together to save myself the anger.
Well, good luck. Please don't get your hopes up, but if Krystal does get announced, I will be happy for her inclusion. I think the reason the detractors came in is because everyone starting thinking the Assault stage raised Krystal's chances. That said, I doubt Krystal is going anywhere in Star Fox games, but either way, I'm not going to respond for a while. If something new comes up I might comment but I'll avoid saying anything about Krystal's chances, since everyone knows my opinion on it already at this point.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Well, good luck. Please don't get your hopes up, but if Krystal does get announced, I will be happy for her inclusion. I think the reason the detractors came in is because everyone starting thinking the Assault stage raised Krystal's chances. That said, I doubt Krystal is going anywhere in Star Fox games, but either way, I'm not going to respond for a while. If something new comes up I might comment but I'll avoid saying anything about Krystal's chances, since everyone knows my opinion on it already at this point.
Ok, well thank you for putting me in my place. I consider losing an argument something I should be thankful for. Hope to see you back here when we know the answer.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Ok, well thank you for putting me in my place. I consider losing an argument something I should be thankful for. Hope to see you back here when we know the answer.
I don't want to "put people in their place." If it felt that way to you, I apologize.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
To be honest I also come here a lot cause it's peaceful and active, but not that much. I would go on K. Rool's and Ridley's support threads but the discussion there is too fast-paced for my tastes. And Ridley has too many detractors anyway since he's such a big personality.

But let's try not to alienate people that think she might not get in as long as they are respectful, I think we have a good community on this thread and we're capable of doing that. ^^

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
I don't want to "put people in their place." If it felt that way to you, I apologize.
Well you proved me wrong and now I know how to better future arguments. You don't have to apologize.

Also, I apologize for my outburst from before. I kind of let my anger get the best of me. From here on out, I will continue to let all opinions be welcome on this forum.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Didn't we cover this already that Palutena's and Krystal's staff are vastly different with Palutena using hers as more of a telekinesis whacking tool and Krystal using her as more a bo staff (think Killik from Soul Calibur). their playstyles would be different as well.
I didn't mention anything about Palutena & Krystal being similar in my post did I? No. What I ment by that is this:

Adventures Staff Fire Blast = Zelda's Din's Fire

Adventures Staff Ice Blaster = Ice Climbers's Blizzard

These two attacks in particular imo are way too similar. That's why I said not all of Krystal's staff powers from Adventures should be in her moveset. Krystal needs a moveset that will make her stand out from the rest of the Super Smash Bros. characters and not just be another "clone" so to speak.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I didn't mention anything about Palutena & Krystal being similar in my post did I? No. What I ment by that is this:

These two attacks in particular imo are way too similar. That's why I said not all of Krystal's staff powers from Adventures should be in her moveset. Krystal needs a moveset that will make her stand out from the rest of the Super Smash Bros. characters and not just be another "clone" so to speak.
I feel like they could work differently enough to be unique

Luminario

Smash Lord

Oh I'm terribly sorry I completely misinterpreted your post.

Well the fire blaster would simply fire in a straight line in any direction that you choose until it hit something and then make a tiny explosion (think faster and longer ranged Lucas' PK Fire with added power) while Din's Fire fires horizontally, gains power over distance, can be controlled and then create a massive explosion. I'd say it would be pretty different.

I suppose Ice Blaster and Blizzard are kinda similar but Ice blaster can be held and aimed up or down and slowly get shorter range over time. I'd say it would be different enough from Blizzard but that's just my opinion on the matter.

I see where you're coming from on the matter of a mix between staff and high tech weapons and if there was a moveset that blended them well I'd probably welcome it but I just really really like the staff

Last edited:

NewGuy79

Smash Journeyman

this is sorta kinda the reason why I want Krystal's move set to incorporate some Aspects of Assault as well as adventure, because While the staff will allow for some unique normal a moves it's use for special moves are a bit generic. I'd love to see her use some of the tech the Star Fox team got in that game ( so a combination of Assault and Adventure moves for specials would be good)

example:

Neutral B: Assault blaster (mash it to bet multiple shots that give little stun or charge it for a big blast)

Side B: Ice blast ( I personally think we need more Ice attacks and this one can work differently, i.e. it could act more as an extended melee attack [think zero suites side B] with the sweet spot being able to freeze opponents)

Down B: Assault grenade ( performed similarly to Snake's in Brawl but with a more powerful multi hit blast and radius with less hit stun)

Up B: Flash Kick (for the lolz, and for some reason I've always imagined Krystal's move set having a flash Kick. Krystal must be a family woman :awesome: )

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
this is sorta kinda the reason why I want Krystal's move set to incorporate some Aspects of Assault as well as adventure, because While the staff will allow for some unique normal a moves it's use for special moves are a bit generic. I'd love to see her use some of the tech the Star Fox team got in that game ( so a combination of Assault and Adventure moves for specials would be good)

example:

Neutral B: Assault blaster (mash it to bet multiple shots that give little stun or charge it for a big blast)

Side B: Ice blast ( I personally think we need more Ice attacks and this one can work differently, i.e. it could act more as an extended melee attack [think zero suites side B] with the sweet spot being able to freeze opponents)

Down B: Assault grenade ( performed similarly to Snake's in Brawl but with a more powerful multi hit blast and radius with less hit stun)

Up B: Flash Kick (for the lolz, and for some reason I've always imagined Krystal's move set having a flash Kick. Krystal must be a family woman :awesome: )
I'd rather have wolf get a grenade, also falco should have the jetpack

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I'm not sure if this was said but i think i have a perfect idea for a Krystal newcomer video.It begins with Halbred and Great fox in a heated battle.It zooms in on the Halbred and it shows Meta Knight who jumps the halbred and begins attacking Great fox crew.After a few seconds two laser beams shot at him which he dodges.It pans out and shows Fox and falco.The two quickly gain the upper hand on meta knight but is stop but a spar.It zooms out and shows bandanna dee who aids meta knight in defeating Fox and Falco.Just when it seems like the helbred won.Krystal jumps down from the sky and hits both meta knight and Dee with her staff and the number game beats both Meta knight and Dee and the helbred retreats for now.Fox then says "it looks like it over." Then a landmaster drops from the sky and none other wolf appears"Did you really think it would be that easy?".Then the trailer cuts off.So not only do we have a reveal of 2 newcomers we also gets 3 veterans returning

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
What Krystal needs is a blend of both games. Have the staff function as a melee weapon, but include the Gatling Gun, Telepathy as a counter attack or dodging method, and even Grenades. I would do it like this:

A-Staff Swing. Krystal maneuvers the staff and strikes the foe with a quick three swings. The attack is abrupt, but powerful.

Side-A: Fire Push: Krystal lunges forward and strikes the foe with her staff. The attack has a fire elemental effect.

Down A: Staff Sweep: Krystal strikes both sides of her with the staff. Opponents on each side of her will get hit.

Up A: Staff Shock: Krystal lifts her staff upward and pulls any character who makes contact with her will get pulled into the staff and takes a huge amount of shock damage and gets launched upwards.

F-Tilt: Krystal simply double kicks upward.

Nair: Twirl: Krystal twirls her staff andinflicts a number of hits on her opponent.

Dair: Assault Heel: Krystal's meteor smash! Krystal simply stomps on her foe with the heel of her boot. While this may not seem like much, I feel like it's something that would really fit her character, since it seems like a lady-like move that would fit her well.

Sair: Roundhouse: Krystal performs a powerful roundhouse kick in midair. Direct contact will this kick will result in decent damge.

Uair: Flip Kick: Krystal does an upward flip kick in mid air, a move meant for keeping your opponent up in the air. Can be a knockout move when opponent's damage is high enough.

Neutral B: Gatling Gun: Krystal charges a powerful Burst from her Gatling Gun. When the attack is fully charged, she shoots out a burst of laser rounds that inflicts a good amount of damage. The attack can be put away when fully charged.

Side B: Freeze Charge: Krystal charges in place as her staff begins to emanate a fog. Once she releases, she charges forward at the opponent. If the opponent is hit, they will be frozen solid and sent upwards. This would be a great setup for some combos in the air.

Down B: Staff trap/Staff Quake: If Krystal is on the ground, she smacks the tip of her staff against the ground and any opponent in the radius will fall into a pit trap. If she is in the air, she will charge at the ground with her staff and cause a shock wave that will damage anyone in the radius.

Recovery: Rocket Jump: A chargeable recovery where Krystal rides her staff like a skateboard while it propels her upward. The longer it's charged, the farther it will go.

Grab: Krystal simply grabs the opponent. If no throw takes place, Krystal will simply kick the opponent.

FGrab: An interesting move. Krystal straps a grenade to her opponent and pushes them away. The explosion is minor, but still causes damage.

DGrab: Krystal Steps over the foe and shocks them with the staff.

UGrab: Krystal kicks her foe in the air and shoots them with the uncharged Gatling gun rounds.

Final Smash: Cloudrunner Assault.

Krystal sends out a distress signal to an old friend. On screen, she will stand in place and say, "I need your help." Soon, the cloudrunner from Adventures will swoop in pick Krystal up. The cloudrunner will shoot massive fireballs at the stage at a slow rate, but will also be able to attack foes with it's claws.

So that's that.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
1. Character's who's franchises aren't old enough to be considered classic, but have been ignored by Nintendo recently tend to not get more newcomers.

Here are facts to back that up. Between Melee and Brawl, new starfox games came out. In Brawl, we got a Starfox newcomer. Between Melee and Brawl, we did not receive a new F-Zero game. No F-Zero newcomers. Between Brawl and Sm4sh, we got a remake, and no new titles in the starfox franchise.
Melee came out in 2001 and Brawl came out in 2008. Within that period of time we received F-Zero GX, F-Zero AX, F-Zero GP Legend, and Japan received F-Zero Climax. So you can't say that we did not receive any new F-Zero characters in Brawl due to not receiving any F-Zero games in that period of time.

The reason why we have not received any F-Zero newcomers in Brawl may be because Sakurai decided there is no character from that series that has potential to fit into smash as well as characters from other Nintendo Franchises.

When you say Krystal is not a "Classic" character, I take it that you mean she did not appear during the NES era. And when you imply that Starfox and F-Zero are "ignored" franchises I take it that you mean they are franchises that have not produced a game within the past generation of Nintendo. I can see your point as to why you don't think Krystal is relevant since she did not appear in a Starfox game from the past generation or that she isn't a character from Nintendo's Golden era.

I wouldn't consider Krystal a "classic" Nintendo character either and Nintendo may have "ignored" the Starfox franchise for the past generation, however, after seeing the Great Fox stage from Assault I doubt Sakurai or Namco Bandai have ignored a game in which Krystal takes a part in. So, in a way, it makes Krystal relevant again.

Krystal may not be a playable character, but I feel guaranteed that we will see her appear in this game in some way. Whether it's a trophy, sticker, codec call, assist trophy, or some other way.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Since 2015 was called "The Year of Star Fox" by Miyamoto, what do you guys think Nintendo will do, maybe releasing Star Fox Adventures and Star Fox Assault HD remakes, or a Star Wolf game on the EShop, but those are just some ideas,_ what do you guys think Ninty should do?

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
Since 2015 was called "The Year of Star Fox" by Miyamoto, what do you guys think Nintendo will do, maybe releasing Star Fox Adventures and Star Fox Assault HD remakes, or a Star Wolf game on the EShop, but those are just some ideas,_ what do you guys think Ninty should do?
Uhm... I really don't know.. But I'm quite sure we're not going to have HD remakes for the Gamecube games. Maybe we will get something for the 3DS before the SF WiiU. 2015 might be the year of Star Fox, but we can all agree that we won't be able to play SF Wii U til 2016.

Luminario

Smash Lord
If Krystal is playable in Smash then they could release Adventure and Assault on VC to show the origins if they plan on releasing GC games. (I'd personally want a full Adventures or Assault game starring only Krystal)

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo should make a prequel to Starfox Adventure and call it Dinosaur Planet! It will be a new IP that is a spin off of Starfox with Krystal as the main character!

The game will show Krystal's origin!

D

Deleted member

If Krystal is playable in Smash then they could release Adventure and Assault on VC to show the origins if they plan on releasing GC games. (I'd personally want a full Adventures or Assault game starring only Krystal)
So basically like DLC or a spin-off?

Since 2015 was called "The Year of Star Fox" by Miyamoto,
You sure about that? I'd still file it under rumors since it hasn't been talked about for a month now & it could still be a mistranslation (Not that I want a year of Star Fox to happen because I do!)

Nintendo should make a prequel to Starfox Adventure and call it Dinosaur Planet! It will be a new IP that is a spin off of Starfox with Krystal as the main character!

The game will show Krystal's origin!
They'll probably have to rename it something else since I imagined that Nintendo can no longer use "Dinosaur Planet" (Since after Adventures came out, Dinosaur Planet keeps being referred to as Sauria)

And besides, we can't upset the poor Star Fox fans for reminding them that the Rare & Microsoft buyout happened! OH THE HORROR!!!!!

I'm not too much of a fan of prequels but this one I can get behind.

Uhm... I really don't know.. But I'm quite sure we're not going to have HD remakes for the Gamecube games. Maybe we will get something for the 3DS before the SF WiiU. 2015 might be the year of Star Fox, but we can all agree that we won't be able to play SF Wii U til 2016.
Or 2015 if we're lucky.

Kind of wish Nintendo talked more about Star Fox Wii U, news about it seems to have gone quiet & there is still no idea who is the development partner Nintendo has picked.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
We have a Nintendo Direct on Monday everyone!
image.jpg

Hopefully some good Smash news is on the way! Also, maybe we could get some info on the new Star Fox! (Although it doesn't seem that likely :/)

BTW, I don't think we'll just be seeing Hyrule Warriors.

Last edited:

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
View attachment 20091

Hopefully some good Smash news is on the way! Also, maybe we could get some info on the new Star Fox! (Although it doesn't seem that likely :/)

Nice!!! Let's all hope that the news pertaining to SSB4 is Star Fox related.

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 20091

I swear Hyrule warriors better not be the only thing shown. Sakuraiiii!!!!! I don't like surprises...

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
My only concern is that it is a local direct and that it won't show anything besides Hyrule Warriors. But I mean we did make the 2 month mark from June.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Melee came out in 2001 and Brawl came out in 2008. Within that period of time we received F-Zero GX, F-Zero AX, F-Zero GP Legend, and Japan received F-Zero Climax. So you can't say that we did not receive any new F-Zero characters in Brawl due to not receiving any F-Zero games in that period of time.

The reason why we have not received any F-Zero newcomers in Brawl may be because Sakurai decided there is no character from that series that has potential to fit into smash as well as characters from other Nintendo Franchises.

When you say Krystal is not a "Classic" character, I take it that you mean she did not appear during the NES era. And when you imply that Starfox and F-Zero are "ignored" franchises I take it that you mean they are franchises that have not produced a game within the past generation of Nintendo. I can see your point as to why you don't think Krystal is relevant since she did not appear in a Starfox game from the past generation or that she isn't a character from Nintendo's Golden era.

I wouldn't consider Krystal a "classic" Nintendo character either and Nintendo may have "ignored" the Starfox franchise for the past generation, however, after seeing the Great Fox stage from Assault I doubt Sakurai or Namco Bandai have ignored a game in which Krystal takes a part in. So, in a way, it makes Krystal relevant again.

Krystal may not be a playable character, but I feel guaranteed that we will see her appear in this game in some way. Whether it's a trophy, sticker, codec call, assist trophy, or some other way.
When I say she's not a classic character, I mean she's not the main rep of a Nintendo series that was mainly limited to the NES era, or even before like G&W. I agree with most of your points. I didn't really research F-Zero, I just know we haven't received a game from that series in awhile, and I sometimes forget just how long ago Melee came out.

And it's not that I don't think Krystal isn't relevant so much, I think if we get another Star Fox rep it'll definitely be her, I'm really surprised it wasn't her in Brawl (although I love Wolf too so I can't complain). But as you say, it's really the ignored the franchise factor which makes the basis of my opinion. As I like the character, it's a little sad. But at the same time 4 characters for Star Fox might be over doing it. Not my call, obviously. I still think two Kid Icarus reps is going way overboard. Obviously my personal opinions don't decide the roster. But I do doubt her playability in Sm4sh, regardless of how it affects it or how I feel about it.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
View attachment 20091

While it probably means nothing, Star Fox Command's 8th anniversary is on August 3rd, the day before the Direct. August 3rd is also Sakurai's 44th birthday. Nothing will be revealed on Sunday, though, so Monday would be the next best day to reveal something.

*cringe* Sakurai shares a birthday with Star Fox Command...

I'm honestly expecting Shulk, or perhaps something even Zelda-related, though. Who knows, maybe we won't get a newcomer.

Yet Sakurai said that revealing a new fighter during a Direct is "traditional", so anything can happen.

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Really guys, don't expect anything Smash related on a Hyrule Warriors direct. In fact, dont expect anything Smash related day outside of the direct either. Let other games have some spotlight!.
Best case I'm thinking a veteran reveal tomorrow. Maybe Metaknight since its Sakurai's son.

Weavel

Smash Ace
I think this may be the only thread where we talked about if Krystal(or other wanted character) doesn't appear, I know I've warned people not to be to broken up about it and that we would have chances again for it with DLC.

Our evidence isn't powerful but it is noticeable, if characters insinuating from game to game hold true into the sequels of smash bros, it does look like Krystal might get into the game. And if she doesn't then there really isn't anything to go on from past game phrases or so for characters getting in to the future games.

And as a reminder I'm talking about pits phrase from melee and how he got into brawl, only 1 character insinuated this and he got in, and now with the current game we got Chrom saying it.

Well you proved me wrong and now I know how to better future arguments. You don't have to apologize.

Also, I apologize for my outburst from before. I kind of let my anger get the best of me. From here on out, I will continue to let all opinions be welcome on this forum.
You anger, your passion just shows me how much you adore the character and I appreciate such conviction.

P.S. I've been doing more digging into Star fox wii u and still can't find much further details, but I also researched if people wanted the new star fox to be a reboot or sequel, and the majority wanted a sequel and to make it so star fox command never happened.

I personally liked command and people enjoyed its gameplay but weren't to fond of its story.

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
When I say she's not a classic character, I mean she's not the main rep of a Nintendo series that was mainly limited to the NES era, or even before like G&W. I agree with most of your points. I didn't really research F-Zero, I just know we haven't received a game from that series in awhile, and I sometimes forget just how long ago Melee came out.

And it's not that I don't think Krystal isn't relevant so much, I think if we get another Star Fox rep it'll definitely be her, I'm really surprised it wasn't her in Brawl (although I love Wolf too so I can't complain). But as you say, it's really the ignored the franchise factor which makes the basis of my opinion. As I like the character, it's a little sad. But at the same time 4 characters for Star Fox might be over doing it. Not my call, obviously. I still think two Kid Icarus reps is going way overboard. Obviously my personal opinions don't decide the roster. But I do doubt her playability in Sm4sh, regardless of how it affects it or how I feel about it.
It's not that the Star Fox franchise is being ignored, it's just currently enduring an extremely long developmental process:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/06/e3_2014_shigeru_miyamoto_confirms_star_fox_for_wii_u

And better yet, we get this information straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak. Still, 6+ years of experimentation is... well, I just don't know what to say about that.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
It's not that the Star Fox franchise is being ignored, it's just currently enduring an extremely long developmental process:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/06/e3_2014_shigeru_miyamoto_confirms_star_fox_for_wii_u

And better yet, we get this information straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak. Still, 6+ years of experimentation is... well, I just don't know what to say about that.
Well Nintendo takes a notoriously long time to develop some games - just look at zelda, lol. But 6+ years is kinda ludicrous.

Weavel

Smash Ace

This has been said before in defense, It seems like our critics never care to remember it.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
The main reason why I brought that up is because it tosses the relevancy argument out of the window. The continuous work on the Star Fox game, in any shape or form, should be known to all the Nintendo devs (unless they hide devious secrets from each other).

This is what I meant by saying "Star Fox--in terms of Smash Brothers--is in an interesting position".

What would apply to relevancy would be F-Zero (unless they've been working on a super secret F-Zero project for like a decade, lol).

Last edited:
Top Bottom