• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
LOL@ Wolves. That's TOO GOOD! :laugh:

As for the prediction-

-WHY NO MARTH=??? He's starring the next FE game, and with so many FE characters deconfirmed, he's a SHOE-IN! He's more diffrent from Ike then Kirby and Meta Knight and King Dededede are towards each other. Ya that's right, Meta Knight is a semi-clone of Kirby in Melee (thye play the same, but their moves are far diffrent). So Marth isn't farfetch'd, and if we can have two of the same fat plumber, his similar looking greener brohter, and his fat similar-looking nemisis, then we can have two blue haird swordsmen. One slow as f***, one fast as f***. Miciah has no chance, in other words. :p

-Why the crap is the PT 3 characters when Olimar has ten times more depth and complicity=??? Honestly, IT'S ONE CHARACTER! Look at the character roster. How hard is it to impliment three cartoony looking Pokémon and a cartoony looking trainer with original moves=??? In other words, we can also have Lucario, Mewtwo, and Jigglypuff all in our Brawls!

-No Falco....NO FALCO=??? EVERYONE LOVES FALCO! :) Everyone wants Falco. It's just like Metwo-they are going to be in the game. We can have three Star Fox reps. YOu only have 38 characters on your roster, and you can remove Takamaura. Simply add Falco, Marth, Lucario, and someone else (randumb1!1!) to the roster. Mhhkay.... ;)

-Issac hardly has a chance. I want Issac in Brawl, but I realize that now. His series died, and may come back, but don't expect Issac. Yes, the last game I played today was Golden Sun, lol!

-We can have BOTH Bowser Jr. and Geno. Mario series deserves 6 reps, no questions asked.

-Not enough randomness, but don't get too random. Case in point, Balloon Fighter...or King K. Rool, if you really want to try! :)

-Add Master Chief for one hour for serious lol's. Post a fake unvertified link "confirming him"! :laugh: Watch for the reaction

O, and glad to be a part of this thread! IT ROXXX! :)

And Zelda's down B is obvously Shiek. Sakurai wouldn't keep us out this long for this. Unlike Link, Zelda was never mentioned to be based off Twilight Princess, but more universal. That is why Wind Waker Young Link is a more proper reppage to add (to rep the most recent series, mainly), and Zelda is universal to represent all Zeldas. Represent both Link of old and young, and the cel-shaded Link of 5 of the 6 most recent Zelda games, and the currently most popular Zelda game. Rep it all=we'd officially would have had all but 5 Zelda games repped via characters! :)

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Hey Wiseguy, even if you're not changing the characters on your list anymore, you could still update Olimar so he has a Brawl picture and it says confirmed instead of very likely...
Do I really need to? I've got a new profile for him at the bottom of the roster under my list of correct predictions.

Why haven't you updated yet about the new character update?

:laugh: That add actually makes me want to kill more wolves, as it is so annoying.

As for the prediction-

-WHY NO MARTH=??? He's starring the next FE game, and with so many FE characters deconfirmed, he's a SHOE-IN! He's more diffrent from Ike then Kirby and Meta Knight and King Dededede are towards each other. Ya that's right, Meta Knight is a semi-clone of Kirby in Melee (thye play the same, but their moves are far diffrent). So Marth isn't farfetch'd, and if we can have two of the same fat plumber, his similar looking greener brohter, and his fat similar-looking nemisis, then we can have two blue haird swordsmen. One slow as f***, one fast as f***. Miciah has no chance, in other words. :p
Takamaru.

-Why the crap is the PT 3 characters when Olimar has ten times more depth and complicity=??? Honestly, IT'S ONE CHARACTER! Look at the character roster. How hard is it to impliment three cartoony looking Pokémon and a cartoony looking trainer with original moves=??? In other words, we can also have Lucario, Mewtwo, and Jigglypuff all in our Brawls!
Actually, I listed him as 1 character and 3 playable movesets. If I counted him as 3 characters still, I remove both Jigg and Mewtwo to make things more even.

Say, that's not such a bad idea...

-No Falco....NO FALCO=??? EVERYONE LOVES FALCO! :) Everyone wants Falco. It's just like Metwo-they are going to be in the game. We can have three Star Fox reps. YOu only have 38 characters on your roster, and you can remove Takamaura. Simply add Falco, Marth, Lucario, and someone else (randumb1!1!) to the roster. Mhhkay.... ;)
I love Starfox, and I'd actually PREFER Falco to Tak, but I think Sakurai will deem having a WTF character like Takamaru more important thatn a third SF rep.

-Issac hardly has a chance. I want Issac in Brawl, but I realize that now. His series died, and may come back, but don't expect Issac. Yes, the last game I played today was Golden Sun, lol!
Camelot IS making a Geloden Sun RPG for Wii. Matt & Bozon at IGN have been talking about it for over a year.

-We can have BOTH Bowser Jr. and Geno. Mario series deserves 6 reps, no questions asked.
We can, but with a 35 character roster? I doubt it.

-Not enough randomness, but don't get too random. Case in point, Balloon Fighter...or King K. Rool, if you really want to try! :)
Dude, Takamaru is as random as they come. Geno is pretty crazy too, when you think about it. BF is not in, for the simple reason that his fish is in the Ice Climbers stage. Also, K. Rool would be pretty predictable choice.

-Add Master Chief for one hour for serious lol's. Post a fake unvertified link "confirming him"! :laugh: Watch for the reaction

O, and glad to be a part of this thread! IT ROXXX! :)
Yeah, I think the reaction would be similar to my Dr. Kawahima idea.

Good to hear from you again JK1. I can hardly wait to destroy you as Captain Olimar over wi-fi!

And Zelda's down B is obvously Shiek. Sakurai wouldn't keep us out this long for this. Unlike Link, Zelda was never mentioned to be based off Twilight Princess, but more universal. That is why Wind Waker Young Link is a more proper reppage to add (to rep the most recent series, mainly), and Zelda is universal to represent all Zeldas. Represent both Link of old and young, and the cel-shaded Link of 5 of the 6 most recent Zelda games, and the currently most popular Zelda game. Rep it all=we'd officially would have had all but 5 Zelda games repped via characters! :)
[/QUOTE]

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
I'm not even going to argue, since my qualms have likely been said to death over these few hundred pages, but I will say that we're going to look back at this thread and laugh at how unamazed we all were in a few weeks. I am honestly shocked that this thread is getting so much attention. It seems like a total joke to me.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
^I'm not reading 200 pages. Can I see why it's a joke?

My only stance now is no WW Link, we don't need two Links no matter how different they are from each other. Dr. Mario and Young Link were the biggest waste of a slot ever.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Ah Wiseguy haven't posted in this thread for ages (Even as Legolastom), just got sick of Midna and Geno supporters I guess. Anyways I am back. Well until the European release anyway ;) (So until around January 2009).

Arteen

Smash Lord
I don't understand why he couldn't make it in, even if his series 'died' (the series is on hiatus, not dead). Golden Sun was a notable, acclaimed series a few years ago. If it's worthy, it should get proper representation. I seriously doubt that Sakurai will discriminate against the series because Brawl was developed much too late for the series to be fresh in people's minds.

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand why he couldn't make it in, even if his series 'died' (the series is on hiatus, not dead). Golden Sun was a notable, acclaimed series a few years ago. If it's worthy, it should get proper representation. I seriously doubt that Sakurai will discriminate against the series because Brawl was developed much too late for the series to be fresh in people's minds.
In fact, I consider he's one of the most likely characters to get in.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
"We can, but with a 35 character roster? I doubt it."
Tell me wise, Why the heck do you think there will only be 35-36 characters naow plz?
Well, I was responding to JK1's criticism that I don't have Bowser Jr. in addition to Geno on my 35 character roster (the "No Fun" Edition) though he is on my 40 character roster. What I'm saying is that I don't see them both making it IF we get a 35 character roster, but it's likely if there are 40 characters. Which number it turns out being is anyone's guess.

I'm not even going to argue, since my qualms have likely been said to death over these few hundred pages, but I will say that we're going to look back at this thread and laugh at how unamazed we all were in a few weeks. I am honestly shocked that this thread is getting so much attention. It seems like a total joke to me.
No doubt that my predictions will wind up being completely off base. But it doesn't bother me, as I expect the final roster will come as a surprise to everyone. I just enjoy writing about Smash Bros, and that's what this thread has allowed me to do.

^I'm not reading 200 pages. Can I see why it's a joke?

My only stance now is no WW Link, we don't need two Links no matter how different they are from each other. Dr. Mario and Young Link were the biggest waste of a slot ever.
As a Doc main whose brother is hardcore Young Link main, I heartily disagree. And WW Link would be a perfect addition, in my books.

Ah Wiseguy haven't posted in this thread for ages (Even as Legolastom), just got sick of Midna and Geno supporters I guess. Anyways I am back. Well until the European release anyway ;) (So until around January 2009).
Geez, I pity to non-North Americans. It almost makes me want to boycott Brawl to protest the unjust treatment of my European friends.

Almost. ;)

wouldn't the ice climbers go into the failure section? lol NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
That was prior to my final version of predictions, so I think I'll let that one slide.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
I want Ridley this week......that would be great.
Also I think this is a great thread.One of the best threads of predictions.

PS:Just imagine if Kawashima is in as PC.....

PS2:Ashley deconfirmed!

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
I want Ridley this week......that would be great.
Also I think this is a great thread.One of the best threads of predictions.

PS:Just imagine if Kawashima is in as PC.....

PS2:Ashley deconfirmed!
Actually, this week I feel a stage and item coming on, maybe a vet too... but two weeks in a row with newcomers? That's quite a bit, don't you think?

I cannot see a floating head as any more likely a character than Andross... How would he hold items, in his teeth?

Where is Ashley deconfirmed? Not that I'm upset, I didn't see her chances being high, but where are you getting this?

Also, I think that Ai no Uta, the hit song from Strawberry Flower (A Pikmin band who made songs for the commercials) should have at least some of there music get in, as their single actually outsold Pikmin 1! Plus, it's pretty cool.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Actually, this week I feel a stage and item coming on, maybe a vet too... but two weeks in a row with newcomers? That's quite a bit, don't you think?

I cannot see a floating head as any more likely a character than Andross... How would he hold items, in his teeth?

Where is Ashley deconfirmed? Not that I'm upset, I didn't see her chances being high, but where are you getting this?

Also, I think that Ai no Uta, the hit song from Strawberry Flower (A Pikmin band who made songs for the commercials) should have at least some of there music get in, as their single actually outsold Pikmin 1! Plus, it's pretty cool.
So close to release, I see a 3rd party or something to boost hype sooner or later; it would help opening day sales a lot, if it's say a character like Megaman. Definently a stage coming though, music, an item, and probably another game update/AT.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
She was seen on the Wario Ware stage at the Whobby event yesterday.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
So close to release, I see a 3rd party or something to boost hype sooner or later; it would help opening day sales a lot, if it's say a character like Megaman. Definently a stage coming though, music, an item, and probably another game update/AT.
I hope it'll be big, but as for a third party character I'm exceedingly nervous. With Snake and Sonic down we'll be getting only one third party character if we're lucky. I wonder who could it be, Megaman? Bomberman? Rayman? Pac-Man? Sora? Lyon Kennedy? Who? WHO!?

JhMS

Smash Journeyman

Two weeks in a row with newcomers can help the hype.
I know about Kawashima,but that would be totally WTF.
Also,link to deconfirmation:http://brawlcentral.com/whobby_updates.php

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
I hope it'll be big, but as for a third party character I'm exceedingly nervous. With Snake and Sonic down we'll be getting only one third party character if we're lucky. I wonder who could it be, Megaman? Bomberman? Rayman? Pac-Man? Sora? Lyon Kennedy? Who? WHO!?
Those are the only two reasonable ones, but Bomberman is only reasonable if there are 4 spots.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Those are the only two reasonable ones, but Bomberman is only reasonable if there are 4 spots.
Well, Nega-Legolastom, there also is the factor that suposedly, by one of the Hudson heads states that they haven't been contacted about a Megaman inclusion, which, by standard, would generally be top on Nintendo's to-do list. Add in the fact that Square is now open and up for grabs and having a show of good faith like putting their character in the Wii game of the generation isn't a bad thing. Then there's the matter of Rayman, who's recent Rabbid games have become huge and very, very popular on the Wii. Add a dash of Pac-Man's iconic factor and recent arcade series with Mario makes them all pretty fair contendants.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Well, I don't know what to say, in exactly 12 days all of the information about Super Smash Bros. will have been translated from Japanese (or, adversly, be bought off ebay for twice its price) and have all of its secerts be spilled across the internet and be known world-wide, ending all debate permanently.

Sigh, It'll be bittersweet, like when Harry Potter ended and everyone's postulations on "What's Next" were extinguished, like when the Prequel Star Wars Trilogy came out and everyone was dissapointed, yet still satisfied. It'll be the end of the beginning, and the beginning of the end. The ideas are out and all those are hit with the sometimes harsh reality.

But the question is: Do we want that?

We do have the power to ignore anything that gets spilled before the U.S release? And when the real information is given, what happens to Wiseguy's thread and list? It just get's destroyed? All of this debate all funnels down to it's destruction.

But from the ashes rises anew and from it will rise compitions, techniques, and debate anew. It is, as they say, a whole new game.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
Well, I don't know what to say, in exactly 12 days all of the information about Super Smash Bros. will have been translated from Japanese (or, adversly, be bought off ebay for twice its price) and have all of its secerts be spilled across the internet and be known world-wide, ending all debate permanently.

Sigh, It'll be bittersweet, like when Harry Potter ended and everyone's postulations on "What's Next" were extinguished, like when the Prequel Star Wars Trilogy came out and everyone was dissapointed, yet still satisfied. It'll be the end of the beginning, and the beginning of the end. The ideas are out and all those are hit with the sometimes harsh reality.

But the question is: Do we want that?

We do have the power to ignore anything that gets spilled before the U.S release? And when the real information is given, what happens to Wiseguy's thread and list? It just get's destroyed? All of this debate all funnels down to it's destruction.

But from the ashes rises anew and from it will rise compitions, techniques, and debate anew. It is, as they say, a whole new game.
wow, very poetic. But yeah im not going in this site or any other brawl related site other then the dojo untill after i get brawl and unlock everything. So once its released in japan ill be gone for a good month or so.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
I dunno, when Brawl comes out in Japan....

On the one hand, I really would like to be surprised by SOMETHING when I play Brawl myself, but on the other hand, there are some things I really have to know before I play it.
Like Ridley. If he's not in the game, I want to know now so that I have time to come to terms with it before I play Brawl.
And as for characters like Ness... well, I've been arguing that he'll return since the whole "until now" thing, and if he's in, I'm gonna want to be here on the forums so that I can get in on the ground floor and get some serious gloating done. Being right wouldn't be any fun at all if I have to start gloating long after everyone stops caring.

So I'm going to have to be here and rifle through some spoilers.... I'll just have to be really, really careful and try not to see everything.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
wow, very poetic. But yeah im not going in this site or any other brawl related site other then the dojo untill after i get brawl and unlock everything. So once its released in japan ill be gone for a good month or so.
Thanks, I try. Good for you, however, I don't have that kind of patience, call me one to sucumb to temtation, but I really don't feel any more spoiled by spoilers then when I find it out in a game.

On the one hand, I really would like to be surprised by SOMETHING when I play Brawl myself, but on the other hand, there are some things I really have to know before I play it.
Like Ridley. If he's not in the game, I want to know now so that I have time to come to terms with it before I play Brawl.
And as for characters like Ness... well, I've been arguing that he'll return since the whole "until now" thing, and if he's in, I'm gonna want to be here on the forums so that I can get in on the ground floor and get some serious gloating done. Being right wouldn't be any fun at all if I have to start gloating long after everyone stops caring.

So I'm going to have to be here and rifle through some spoilers.... I'll just have to be really, really careful and try not to see everything.
Yeah, what I'm probably going to do is look up the roster. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't want to know the plot of the SSE, nor do I want to know their moves, as someone once said, "Just the facts, mam"

Oh, and items couldn't hurt to look at either, I mean, that can't possibly be considered a spoiler, right?

And a peek at the stages won't spoil much, I mean, they're just areas to play in, no real spoil to seeing that.

But that would be it. I like to know what I'm getting into, but I don't want to read the game, I want to play the game.

'Nuff said.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road

yeah i may come back to certain character threads to see their reactions and figure out if their character is in or out.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
hehehe of course, do you think i would pass up the chance to taunt them after all the flames i got?
You most certainly know it, and if Geno did get in (however unlikely it would be) I would take the same. However, that's very, very, very unlikely.

And now, the future aside, let's take a quick look at current events. The challenges screen? Hm, well, it is more organized, and it does effectively tell you what you need to do and what you need to get, however, the hammer system seems a little off and it begs the question that may become a phrase:

Do you have all your hamers?

Not using those hammers would show that you completed all of the chalenges unaided. It would show that you could take the easy route, but you didn't. It would be a bit of a challenge within a challenge: Will you have all your hammers?

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
I really like todays update. Now we actually know how to unlock things withought having to go on the internet and look up a guide.
It is a nice convenience and it does make things simple, but I have to wonder: How big is this screen!? I see 44 windows, and they're probably going to scroll to each side, meaning 72 more windows in addition to the 36 whole windows, meaning that we'll get ata minimum of 108 screens. That's quite a bit, but it seems a tad small for unlockables (including all the trophies, stickers, and CDs) of Brawwl's sides.

What do you think?

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=134394

Ashley deconfirmed! :)

Also, looks like Tingle has been Assist-Trophified. You know Numa, It's not too late to jump on the Midna bandwagon. ;)
Somebody said that a while back, but yep, she's in te Warioware stage. However, I doubt that this' ll dammper herfans, as I predict them to be as persistant as Nook fans.

As for Tingle, I'm afraid that it was both sad and, unfortunately, predictable. If only Sakurai was brave enough to go out on a limb with Ol' Tingle.

I concur with Wisey's suggestion. I, as I may have mentioned, am a huge pro-Midna man, as Midna is such a good and memorable character that it would be a crime to not include her. The idea of Wolf Link in TP was ingeneous innovative and harkened back to A Link to the Past (However this one's a little cooler than a pink bunny) and totally deserves to get plenty of recognition in Brawl.

MIDNA FTW!

Wrath`

Smash Master
I truley doubt minda will get in, uless zelda magicaly tranforms into her and not shiek.

plus she gave crappy hints,....

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
I truley doubt minda will get in, uless zelda magicaly tranforms into her and not shiek.
I beg to differ, Midna (on Wolf Link of course) is an amazing character who played an important part to the game, if not possibly the series of Zelda. Midna's abilities far surpass other characters who "help" Link out (i.e Sheik, who never fought anything. Ever. Navi, who both annoying and do nothing) she had actual attacks and sacrificed herself to help defeat God Ganon. She was one of the most important characters, who actually was directing Link into getting the job done for her and only had Link do the grunt work for her.

Top all of that with the fact that Brawl has been decidedly Twilight Princess styled and Midna's huge part in that game and her unique moveset possibilities (Quadreped with such attacks like the Shadow Bubble and Midna's lethal hair) this all totals up to Midnas inclusion, and may I sya, it is quite well deserved.

plus she gave crappy hints,....
Really? Her hints were bad?

"HEY! LOOK! LISTEN!"
"If you hit Z you can look behind you!"

Need I say more?

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
Midna's really just a less anoying version of Navi that gives you a few extra moves when you would be an otherwise useless wolf. (Am I the only person who hated how much time was spent being a wolf in TP?) Midna will be lucky to get AT. Playable is as out of the question as playing as Navi.

Besides, wouldn't Midna be decomfirmed in the same way just about every animal crossing character and Ashley has been? Someone has to make that warp point to put the bridge back together :p

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Because you don't know any better, obviously
The words 'delayed' and 'reaction' spring to mind with your comment also the words 'jumping' and 'to conclusions' come because, if you read the whole post you'd see me saying

Me said:
and if Geno did get in [...] I would take the same.
I resent the fact that you would insult my intelligence just because I'd do what any human would do. Boasting, pride, discovery, all of these things are human reactions and natures, and if Geno got in you would boast it to me also and I'd happily eat a slice of humble pie, as I'm sure you'd do the same.

ForteX said:
Midna's really just a less anoying version of Navi that gives you a few extra moves when you would be an otherwise useless wolf. (Am I the only person who hated how much time was spent being a wolf in TP?) Midna will be lucky to get AT. Playable is as out of the question as playing as Navi.
Less annoying? Try actual character. Midna actually fought with Link, fought with Link, and if it weren't for Midna's knowledge of the Twilight Realm, crafty cunning, magic spells, and navigational skills not only would Link be stuck in a cell, most likely executed, but Zelda would be killed and Ganondorf would rule both realms, twilight and regular alike, as you know he'd have tossed Zant aside as soon as the decendants of Link and Zelda were dead.

Midna defeated Gog Ganon, saved Link multiple times, brought him to the Master Sword, removed the vile shard of darkness Zant enlodged into Wolf Link's skull, got link to find not only the Twilight Helmetty thing (Sorry, I'm a little rusty on the names, it's been awhile) and the shards of the Twilight Mirror, fixed the Eldin Bridge and did it practially single handedly, only with Link's help to do all of the physical work for her.

That, and, unlike Navi, Midna is a dynamic character, meaning that her aspect and dimentions of the character evolve as the story continues, and thusly, is such a great character that caused a focal point in the Zelda series, deserves a spot in Brawl.

Besides, wouldn't Midna be decomfirmed in the same way just about every animal crossing character and Ashley has been? Someone has to make that warp point to put the bridge back together :p
Wouldn't Fox or Falco need to pilot the four Arwings flying around Corneria? Wouldn't all of those Mr. GAW in the background of Flat Zone not be able to be in the foreground? Doesn't Captain Falcon need to pilot his machine in Big Blue?

It's a simple solution, the bridge just appears. That's it, just warps there. No issue.

'Nuff said

Top Bottom