• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
If Sakurai doesn't give us a character he better give us at least some more subspace stuff. Maybe another boss besides the 2 we have so far.
Yea, we haven't gotten many boss updates.
I want to see a Black Knight boss or something.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
My guess would be no. I'd be surprised if they continue after the Japanese release.
Yes, the sporatically appearing one has a point, Sakurai could do what he did in Melee and just pull out all of the characters the moment it comees out, and besides, when the Japanese version comes out all of the information will be out anyway.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Yes, the sporatically appearing one has a point, Sakurai could do what he did in Melee and just pull out all of the characters the moment it comees out, and besides, when the Japanese version comes out all of the information will be out anyway.
Blame my sporatic appearances on Zelda: Phatom Hourglass and Geometry Wars: Galaxies. Those games are freakin sweet.

Captain Olimar tonight. Believe it!

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Or he could do what he really did with SSBM and keep updating with the secret modes, characters, and other random stuff for three months after the game comes out.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
You know what twomorrow's update should be just for the "LOL"? Marth...

XD.

I'll be all over this thread going "LOL IMMA RIGHT AND WISEGUY'S WRONG, NAOW FIX IT LOLOL" :p.

So anyhow as for the update i'm thinking stage or AT, Hopefully character...And guitar hero 3 is addicting.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
Blame my sporatic appearances on Zelda: Phatom Hourglass and Geometry Wars: Galaxies. Those games are freakin sweet.
And blame me being here for being too lazy to go and get those games.

Captain Olimar tonight. Believe it!
I most certainly hope so, seeing Olimar would finally have a herald to characters, and, dare I say it: My fabled characterpalooza? I've been wanting this since Wario's update!

Well, at least I know what I want for Valentines Day: BRAAAWL!!!

YEAAAAAAH!!! SCREAAAAAM!!!

Sorry, I felt that there wasn't enough energy around here. So, YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

'Nuff SAAAAAAAAAID!!!

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Another Melee stages update? Really? We couldn't at least have had a Smash 64 stages update, so I could look forward to playing on Sector Z? Oh well, such is life.

The Japanese release is fast approaching. If we're getting 35-40 characters... where are they?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Another Melee stages update? Really? We couldn't at least have had a Smash 64 stages update, so I could look forward to playing on Sector Z? Oh well, such is life.

The Japanese release is fast approaching. If we're getting 35-40 characters... where are they?
I'll tell you right now me friend; - Midna and BJ, + Paper Mario Falco marth and animal crosser.

THE PROPECHY HAS SPOKEN LOLOLOL.

Oh and i want a Smash 64 one also but this was nice, Rainbow ride and onett returning :).(To bad it wasn't marth, I So wanted that for the irony.)

Copperpot

Smash Ace
I am sooooooo relieved that Corneria is back. That was by far my favorite stage in Melee. I hope that, in the event that stages from the 64 version are playable as well, the Dreamland 64 and Pokemon stages from the original are present.

Also, despite what a lot of others think of it, the DK stage with all of the multi-tiered platforms (and the barrel underneath) from Melee was one of my favorites. I hope that one comes back too.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
I'll tell you right now me friend; - Midna and BJ, + Paper Mario Falco marth and animal crosser.

THE PROPECHY HAS SPOKEN LOLOLOL.

Oh and i want a Smash 64 one also but this was nice, Rainbow ride and onett returning :).(To bad it wasn't marth, I So wanted that for the irony.)
We'll see how ironic you're predictions are when half of the characters you listed don't make the cut. :p

I can see Midna, Bowser Jr. (to my dismay), Falco, and Marth making the roster. I just can't see how Paper Mario is a valid candidate, and Animal Crossing seems to be better represented without a generic character fighting the Nintendo (, Konami, and SEGA) greats.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
We'll see how ironic you're predictions are when half of the characters you listed don't make the cut. :p

I can see Midna, Bowser Jr. (to my dismay), Falco, and Marth making the roster. I just can't see how Paper Mario is a valid candidate, and Animal Crossing seems to be better represented without a generic character fighting the Nintendo (, Konami, and SEGA) greats.
Hmm i could see PM And an animal crosser in.

- Midna and BJ
+Marth, Falco, Animal Crosser, Paper Mario
Maybe's ; Sukapon instead of Takamaru or Lucario instead of mewtwo is a possibility for switch's, Doubt that last one but...
= MY ROSTER THEN HAS MOAR WIN THEN WISEGUY'S LOLOLOL.
42 Chars.

Dam, i was hoping for a character/
I Wanted one to, And i wanted marth really really badly :laugh:.

Heretique

Smash Apprentice
All the characters won't be released on DOJO before Brawl comes out. The starting roster will. Once Brawl is out, we'll gradually receive character updates.

I wouldn't expect more than 1 more character update before Brawl is out, and it will probably be someone we already assumed (Ganondorf, or Cpt. Falcon probably).

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
All the characters won't be released on DOJO before Brawl comes out. The starting roster will. Once Brawl is out, we'll gradually receive character updates.

I wouldn't expect more than 1 more character update before Brawl is out, and it will probably be someone we already assumed (Ganondorf, or Cpt. Falcon probably).
Marth says hi...

(I Really want his update for the irony, Then i'll actually see marth on WG'S List :laugh:.)

If takamaru was confirmed an AT On the same day and Sukapon was confirmed a fighter then it would be a double "LOL" But i doubt it.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
I'll agree that Marth is a strong candidate for the game, and quite frankly, he should be in Brawl. It just doesn't make sense to select representation of the series without picking him up.

And though I like the idea of Sukapon fighting the good fight in Brawl, I think Takamaru has a little more going for him. Don't ask why. I don't even understand it myself. I always thought robots were better than samurai . . .

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Well, if you were really trying to jab Wiseguy (which I don't endorse), you'd be hoping that Marth was a hidden character. That way, he'd inflate his ego with all of the "haha's" and "told you so's", and all of the sudden he unlocks Marth.

Marth is Wiseguy's 'WTF?' character. :laugh:

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Just read this for the very first time, and I think you have those 36 characters nailed pretty well! Despite how cool I think Takamaru is, I highly doubt he will be playable. I love Megaman, I just don't think he should be in Brawl. No, not because I'm making reference to his creator who blatantly said he wasn't in, but because he isn't that iconic, and his games have downright SUCKED for the past 3-4 years.

Pac-Man, Bomberman, e.c.t I wouldn't want either because Bomberman isn't iconic and Pac-Man in 3-D=worst 2D-3D transition EVER! Simon Belmont has very low odds. I LOVE Kingdom Hearts, but if he got in, you couldn't add Disney characters right?

The above list of 36= near perfect. Maybe you should add Lucario to the other possiblities...maybe. Oh, and there will CERTAINLY be an AC rep!

J.A.Jenk

Smash Cadet
Just read this for the very first time, and I think you have those 36 characters nailed pretty well! Despite how cool I think Takamaru is, I highly doubt he will be playable. I love Megaman, I just don't think he should be in Brawl. No, not because I'm making reference to his creator who blatantly said he wasn't in, but because he isn't that iconic, and his games have downright SUCKED for the past 3-4 years.
Sonic hasn't had a good 3-D game since Sonic Adventure 2. Megaman is just as iconic as Sonic

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I am sooooooo relieved that Corneria is back. That was by far my favorite stage in Melee. I hope that, in the event that stages from the 64 version are playable as well, the Dreamland 64 and Pokemon stages from the original are present.

Also, despite what a lot of others think of it, the DK stage with all of the multi-tiered platforms (and the barrel underneath) from Melee was one of my favorites. I hope that one comes back too.
I second that. Corneria is definitely my favorite Melee stage, but I'm still a sucker for Sector Z. You can never have too many Great Fox Stages. (Actually, I take that back. Venom.... now that was one stage too many.)

I suppose that's a possibility. Frankly, I'd be happy to see a Luigi confirmation at this point.

Well, if you were really trying to jab Wiseguy (which I don't endorse), you'd be hoping that Marth was a hidden character. That way, he'd inflate his ego with all of the "haha's" and "told you so's", and all of the sudden he unlocks Marth.

Marth is Wiseguy's 'WTF?' character. :laugh:

Wiseguy: "MARTH?! IN BRAWL?!!?! WHAT INSANITY IS THIS?!!!?!"

After all the times my prior predictions have been shot down (Sonic, Ice Climbers, now probably Megaman) I wouldn't be surprised. Still, I advise you to keep in mind that even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Pac-Man, Bomberman, e.c.t I wouldn't want either because Bomberman isn't iconic and Pac-Man in 3-D=worst 2D-3D transition EVER! Simon Belmont has very low odds. I LOVE Kingdom Hearts, but if he got in, you couldn't add Disney characters right?

The above list of 36= near perfect. Maybe you should add Lucario to the other possiblities...maybe. Oh, and there will CERTAINLY be an AC rep!
The fact that noone would see Takamaru coming is exactly why he would be a perfect surprise character, me thinks.

I think most would agree that Megaman is pretty iconic. Although his games may not have been that great lately, he still holds a place in gamer's hearts from his older games from yesteryear - much like Pacman and Sonic.

I think too many people underestimate Belmont's chances (if I could edit one thing I would replace Megaman with Belmont) seeing how he is owned by Konami and was on Sakurai's poll. As for Disney characters, it's only an issue if they originated in a movie or cartoon instead of a videogame series. Besides, I'm pretty sure Sora is a Square Enix character.

I could see Lucario replacing Mewtwo or Jiggs (hopefully both, in my opinion) but I elected to aire on the side of caution.

I'm not too sure about an AC rep. They could put in a Villager to go with Smashville (best stage ever, by the way) but that would mean including someone like Dr Kawasaki from Brain Age to go with the Picochat stage as well. That used to be my prediction and people were.... not pleased.

Thanks for sharing your opinions, Rhubarbo. I'm glad you enjoyed reading my predictions.

Tatanga4Brawl

Smash Apprentice
I believe the shipments of brawl should be in ark of the covenant replicas rather than normal packages. And everyone needs blindfolds so their heads don't explode until they put the disc in the Wii. Then it's safe.
for those who don't get it, 57J918I279M04M958Y945789, watch Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark

Ippius

Smash Journeyman
I just love the captions under the pictures...A stroke of genius. Though I disagree with some, overall its a pretty good list of predictions.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
After all the times my prior predictions have been shot down (Sonic, Ice Climbers, now probably Megaman) I wouldn't be surprised. Still, I advise you to keep in mind that even a broken clock is right twice a day.
But you already called Ike and Diddy Kong. That's two. You don't get to be right anymore. Sorry, I don't make that up, that's just basic math right there. You can't argue with math.

I could see Lucario replacing Mewtwo or Jiggs (hopefully both, in my opinion) but I elected to aire on the side of caution.
I don't see how you could possibly think this. Perhaps Lucario could be considered cooler than Jigglypuff if you had a hang-up about adorable things in ribbons, but there's no way that Lucario is cooler than Mewtwo.
It's his dumb head. Lucario could have an awesome Anubis head, but he doesn't. Look at him closely; he doesn't have a muzzle, like a dog would, he has a big, dumb, square nose, like the kind you find on a low-end pinata. That's stupid, and Lucario is stupid because it's stuck on his face. Also, is he supposed to be wearing shorts? Really, shorts?
I really don't have anything to say about that other than that shorts on an anthropomorphic monster-dog are kinda lame.
But Mewtwo? Mewtwo floats when he runs. That's badass.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
But you already called Ike and Diddy Kong. That's two. You don't get to be right anymore. Sorry, I don't make that up, that's just basic math right there. You can't argue with math.

I don't see how you could possibly think this. Perhaps Lucario could be considered cooler than Jigglypuff if you had a hang-up about adorable things in ribbons, but there's no way that Lucario is cooler than Mewtwo.
It's his dumb head. Lucario could have an awesome Anubis head, but he doesn't. Look at him closely; he doesn't have a muzzle, like a dog would, he has a big, dumb, square nose, like the kind you find on a low-end pinata. That's stupid, and Lucario is stupid because it's stuck on his face. Also, is he supposed to be wearing shorts? Really, shorts?
I really don't have anything to say about that other than that shorts on an anthropomorphic monster-dog are kinda lame.
But Mewtwo? Mewtwo floats when he runs. That's badass.
This post made my day.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Just thought I'd throw out my continued curiosities about the return of Falco Lombardi. I would just like to point out that since the 100-enemy battle is returning, it's possible he could still be the fight at the end of it and reward for beating it.

Not that it couldn't be some other secret character. Just stating that Sakurai seems to like tradition, so if our favorite bird pilot was in, he would probably be in the same spot.

Top Bottom